PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Mundane Question about what to play in a pre-existing party

Dimcair
2016-06-08, 09:51 AM
Party-Regulars:
Ranger
Fighter
Druid
Bard

Occasionally:
Rogue
Paladin

Me:

It figures that they seem to need either arcane or divine support from the back-line? Just throw some ideas at me for my inspiration's sake =)

Plaguescarred
2016-06-08, 09:52 AM
A wizard would be a nice addition to this party.

gfishfunk
2016-06-08, 09:57 AM
A wolf totem barbarian would be great if the other members are melee centered.

Oramac
2016-06-08, 10:06 AM
Party-Regulars:
Ranger
Fighter
Druid
Bard

Occasionally:
Rogue
Paladin

Me:

With that party, I would go with a Sorcerer, Wizard, or Cleric. RP-wise, the Cleric might clash a bit with the Druid, but should get along with the Paladin just fine.

Personally, I like Sorcerers over wizards, but all 3 options would work. Cleric (especially Life Domain) would give the party some good reliable heals too.

MrFahrenheit
2016-06-08, 10:08 AM
A wizard would be a nice addition to this party.

Seconding this. Alternately, if the Druid and bard are more combat focused than support, you could consider cleric.

hymer
2016-06-08, 10:15 AM
Alternately, if the Druid and bard are more combat focused than support, you could consider cleric.

Even if they are supporting, I'd consider a cleric. :smallsmile:
I'll also support the notion of wizard. Or a druid of the other Circle than the one you've got, but then I'm always thinking like that. :smallwink:

gfishfunk
2016-06-08, 10:31 AM
The main thing is that the party is already decently rounded, but /might/ be light on magic damage (depending on how the bard, druid, and ranger play). So you can really play anything.

So you can either :

1. Add something new (Sorcerer, Wizard, Cleric for casting)

2. Add something same but complimentary (Fighter, Barbarian, Cleric, Bard)

Edit: I prefer adding something same but complimentary; it helps create good party dynamics and instantly makes you effective and appreciated.

Dimcair
2016-06-08, 12:20 PM
Since I always play the wizard i'll go with the cleric and see where that gets me.
Possibly going to neglect having a high wisdom in favor of some off-tankyness or some charisma.

Specter
2016-06-08, 12:22 PM
I would say Wizard or Sorcerer, but it's hard without more intel. Who does what (damage, healing, support, utility, socializing)?

ChainsawFlwrcld
2016-06-10, 05:47 PM
If you're comfortable with the wizard try an Arcane Cleric. You'll have access to some of the spells you are used to using but will be forced to use them in a different way.

mgshamster
2016-06-10, 05:55 PM
Tome warlock? Gives arcane support and ranged damage.

RickAllison
2016-06-10, 06:00 PM
Tome warlock? Gives arcane support and ranged damage.

This could work well. If he goes Fiend and grabs either a dip for better armor or an Armor of Agathys build, he can grab Shillelagh through Tome and take the Greenflame Blade as a warlock and perform as an off-tank/melee distraction as well that doesn't have to bump Str or Dex other than for AC!

TheProfessor85
2016-06-10, 09:22 PM
Why not the mystic?

Sir cryosin
2016-06-11, 07:50 AM
Play what you want to play if you want to play a fighter play another fighter if you want to play a druid play a druid. It is a game you were there to enjoy play what you want to play.

Belac93
2016-06-11, 12:14 PM
I would say either Arcane/Nature cleric, pretty much any kind of wizard or sorcerer, or a non-blade pact warlock.