PDA

View Full Version : MARVEL FASERIP: You come to with a headache (IC thread)

fireinthedust
2016-06-08, 11:51 AM
“My name is Professor Charles Xavier, and I’m here to help you. I know it is hard now, but you must try to stay conscious. Your life is in danger.” The voice is kindly, educated, and helps you wake from the deep sleep and the pounding in your head. You look up to a dark room, cold, and see the speaker is a bald man wearing a tailored suit whose collar and tie are stretched from exertion. His voice and eyes are kind, and you can almost ignore the headache.

“I’m afraid you’ve been abducted by someone who has been capturing young people like yourself, someone who means you harm. Several of my students have disappeared, and I believe they are being experimented upon by your captors. Or were. They were mutants, like you, people born with extraordinary abilities. The strange things happening in your life, the changes, are part of your mutation asserting itself. I had tried to reach you, to teach you how to use your powers, but your captors found you first. My people and I are trying everything we can to locate you, but we cannot pinpoint your coordinates. We cannot find you alone, we need you to do whatever you can escape and help us find you. There are other captives, like you, wherever you are. Together you must find a way. I will guide you as best I can. You are not alo—“

The voice cuts out and the figure vanishes. The room is still dark, but you can see walls around yourself, one of which is transparent and looking into a chamber with other cells like yours. There are other people moving in those rooms, lying on the floor as you are. The rooms are lit by dim lights on the outsides of your rooms, outlining the floor of the central chamber. You’re wearing only your clothes, whatever you had on before you were taken. Aside from that and a mind-splitting headache, you’ve been dumped into this room and left. Something itches around your neck, and your arm stings, but the headache is what’s bothering you now.

Is this for real?
Who was that guy?
Where are you, is this a prison cell?!

What’s going on?

“Hello?” a sad voice comes from one of the other cells. It’s a young voice, a little girl. “Mister Xavier? Please come back, please? Please, I’d like to go home now. Please?”

[roll intro]

OOC: this is the IC thread. post here for all game material and questions, we can use the OOC thread for off-topic discussions. Spoiler things that would break immersion, or are for specific people.

Johnny America
2016-06-08, 01:12 PM
"Ah damnit, what the hell?"

Malcom's head was killing him, last thing he'd remembered he'd been walking to his car from practice. Now he was here and some weird bald guy was telling him that people had abducted him and that he was a mutant. Somebody must have dropped the ball here,cause Malcom had, so far, lived the life of an ordinary high school student. He was very certain of the fact that he wasn't a mutant, he couldn't do anything special like create fire on a whim or fly, and his body hadn't gone through any weird changes.

But what if the others here were?

A momentary shiver of dread ran up his spine, then he shook his head dispelling the feeling. His parents hadn't raised a bigot, you couldn't hate somebody just 'cause of how they were born.

"Hey hon" he called out to the little girl he'd heard earlier and stood up unsteadily on his feet. "Don't worry I'm sure its gonna be fine, we'll get out of here, you'll see." He felt around the entrance of the cell until he found the door. "And then you'll get to go home, yeah?" What was he doing, trying to comfort a scared girl when he himself was stuck in the same situation? It was kinda sad, but he the girls voice had tugged at his heart a bit, least he could do was try to comfort her.

He found the door to his cell, and tried to open it, who knows maybe his kidnappers were incompetent...but as it turned out they were not.

"DAMNIT!" He slammed his fists against the door in frustration.

going to try to smash the door off

samduke
2016-06-08, 03:03 PM
where am I, gynger wonders upon waking, getting to her feet and looking out the box she is placed in hearing the girls cry, thinking to herself yes who ever you were where did you go?

gynger will look out to see if there is anything metallic that she might be able to manipulate into helping her escape this place.

Simsimillia
2016-06-08, 03:26 PM
"Gnaaaaaah, nurnochfünfminuten...", Kat groaned as she awoke to the words of a weird bald guy.

Why was that guy talking...and to whom? Right, must've been her. So she tried to listen to him, but couldn't give any meaning to the words. Her head felt big and heavy, as if it had been replaced by a truck while she had been out. She quickly checked with her hand if that wasn't the case. Negative, as expected. Still she had never had such a hangover.

Then just as her brain was slowly starting to work properly retired Mr. Proper was cut off and vanished in thin air. What the hell?

With another agonized groan Kat got up and started taking in her surroundings, which looked awfully lot like a cell...only that a cell usually at least had a toilet and a bed. Ok, so this was not a hangover, which was good because she couldn't even remember drinking anything the last night, and bad, cause it meant she had been kidnapped. For whatever reason someone wanted to kidnap a street mutant like her...mutant, propably that's why.

The only two things of note in the room (well rather part of the room) she could make out in the dim light where the window showing her other cells just like hers and the door.

With a flick of her wrist and an electric crackle her hand suddenly filled with what looked like blue fire illuminating the room.

Still with a throbbing headache Neon looked around in the room if she hadn't overlooked something and then went over to the glass wall, giving it a gentle knock to see what it was made of.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to kidnap her was hopefully not prepared to build plasmablast-proof windows or doors.

Assuming that generating plasma to give me a lightsource is mundane enough to not require a test

Want to know if there is anything else of note in the room

what do I know/learn about the transparent wall?

Zylas
2016-06-08, 06:12 PM
"Putain.." Amélie groans as she braces herself against the back wall of the dimly lit cell to sit up.

She looks around the cell, but can't really see much in this darkness. So she tries to increase the Rhodopsin production in her eyes to immediately adapt fully to the dark.

This would theoretically give her slightly superhuman vision in low light as well, but it's minor enough that I don't really care about it. It's mostly just a roleplaying thing.

It isn't a very complex reaction and should be fairly easy to do at Monstrous level, but I suspect I'm wearing inhibitor bands, so let's roll :smallsmile:

This roll is at typical if inhibited, monstrous if not

[roll0]

She quickly checks what is causing the stinging in her arm and the itching around her neck before stumbling to her feet to look through the transparent part of the cell, which she is careful not to touch.

Reason/chemistry roll to identify

1) the material that the transparent part of the cell is made up of
2) the gas in the lamps (it's probably helium, but just in case)
3) the rest of the materials in this cell and outside (metals, plastics?)

Rolls are at remarkable because chemistry
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

She also notices that not only can she see others, she can hear them. Which means they might be able to hear her..

"Can you guys hear me?" she says, trying to keep her voice from breaking. "That Xavier guy might be the reason we woke up. And given the way he was cut off, whoever has kidnapped us might have caught on. Which means there might be cameras or microphones here." Catching herself realizing this she pauses for half a second to look around. "It also means we might not have much time. I can try to make one of the see-through cell parts more brittle. Do any of you have a good way of breaking them open?"

Intuition to check if/how we're being watched. Cameras, microphones, ways to check our vitals. That sort of stuff. Roll at Excellent.
[roll4]

Calatytst Control power roll to turn CO2 (which is being breathed out) into dry ice inside the cell of whoever responds first.

Dry ice coating the see-through part of their cell to cool it to -109.3 °F, That's cold enough to make most materials, including things like steel, so brittle a normal human could almost break them by hand. So here's hoping a few of you are still superhuman :smallwink:

Roll at typical if inhibited (4 areas reach, 4 foot radius) or monstrous if not inhibited.
[roll5]

gac3
2016-06-08, 07:46 PM
Tia wakes up with a headache and realizes she may have been drugged. She behind cursing in French Jeremy her drummer for always getting them gigs in the sketchiest of places. But whoa, Captain Picard is asking me for help, she thinks. She was a much bigger can of Captain Kirk but any starship captain deserved respect.

She looks around the room and tried to determine what its made of.

Remarkable Geoforce.
[roll0]
It should let me know if there is concrete or cement or asphalt or any type of natural rock that I could manipulate. She will focus on the walls, floor and ceiling and no further at the moment.
Green could tell me the general coposition and red could tell me specific. (these are the book ones, I understand it may differ, just trying to ease referencing)

She would then either way expand her search for about a mile to see what the area is with new goals in mind. So I'll roll again in case needed. Specifically now she is looking to see if we are in a facility made of material she can,manipulate and detect passages. (green) and things moving within (yellow). Even if her cage isn't manipulatable, maybe something else is.
[roll1]

KillingAScarab
2016-06-09, 10:43 AM
As the voice rouses him from unconsciousness, Roche starts to wonder what sort of party he was dragged to and why one of his professors was waking him. As the vision becomes clearer, he realizes he has no professor named Xavier. Then the words, and the man behind them, become sharper in his mind before they are both abruptly gone. Despite the intention at the end, he does feel alone. No... I have no professors now, he thinks. He drags what passes for a hand now to his face to rub at his too-large eyes, his furry temple, and then looks at it. I'm not even Roche anymore. This man with the scary eyebrows... Have I heard that name?

He tries to figure out what's real now, other than the pain and his condition. He starts to hear the others. One of them pleading, another comforting and cursing. And then another, with a plan. One... two of them also saw this Xavier? He tries to stand, finds that crouching will have to do for the moment. He responds in English to the planner. "I... I hear you." With the latest wave of dizziness, he looks at his feet. He admits aloud, "I... have claws. I have claws. Where are you?"

silphael
2016-06-09, 05:42 PM
Looking around in the dark, apparently bewildered, a young man barely gets an idea of what his surroundings are.

Well, I didn't see that coming...

Listening to what is happening around him, he... stays bewildered.

They have claws? Really? And I thought I was a freak...

Well, hello there! I may be able to help... but certainly not by directly freeing us from here... You all heard that Xavier guy?

Zylas
2016-06-10, 03:16 AM
Amélie bites her lip in an emphatic frown when she hears the boy admit he has claws. The hurt in that voice.. And she thought she had it bad.

"I think I'm across the hallway from you, but I don't think I can see you either."

When another boy speaks up in the cell next to her, Amélie does a quick headcount. So far she'd heard 5 others groan, talk or curse. There might be a few more, looking at the layout of the cells. Six to ten mutants should be able to put up a fight at least.. What had that Xavier said again? "Several of his students had disappeared, and he believed they were being being experimented upon by our captors. Or were."
Were sounded very finite. Better try to get out of here soon.

"And yes I heard Xavier too. I think we all did. But let's save introductions and talks of bald men for when we're out here. We don't know how much time we have."

silphael
2016-06-10, 10:36 AM
I may be able to answer that question, provided it's not too long away...

He seems to concentrate, then starts to move wildly, as if having a very vivid dream.

Precognition Poor to see if we have a very short deadline.

[roll0]

samduke
2016-06-10, 11:32 AM
hearing others call out Gynger will attempt to grab onto anything metallic within range and bring it to her
magnetic manipulation; Monstrous:[roll0]

KillingAScarab
2016-06-11, 09:46 AM
With the dizziness fading, but the pain remaining, the young man who was once Roche took stock of himself and his surroundings. I don't think I have a concussion, but this headache is the worst. He looked himself over and inspected where his arm was sore. Oh no, were we injected with something? Did someone take blood from us? He noticed the itching around his neck and tried to get an idea of what it was with his thumbs and fingers which weren't part of the framework of his wings.

Roll for inspecting the cell.
[roll0]

Roll for inspecting arm.
[roll1]

Roll for inspecting whatever is on his neck.
[roll2]

fireinthedust
2016-06-11, 11:49 AM
Ooc: on phone for the next two days.

You're in cells in a round room, like a hollow gear and the cells are the teeth of the cog wheel. Your doors are solid glass stuff.

The powers work to smash the cell walls. You can free the other youth.

More later!

One cell is not there. The wall is blank.

Gravity feels odd.

The walls that are not glass are hard to shape, even for you.

Johnny America
2016-06-11, 01:03 PM
The sudden shattering of his cell door caused him to jump back with surprise, almost falling on his ass in the process. He'd heard somebody say that perhaps he could help but he wasn't expecting that it would allow him to smash a cell door.

"Ah! Um. Thanks for the help whoever that was. I'm, uh, gonna try something similar on the cell across from mine."

Malcom got down in a three point position, then exploded into motion charging into the cell door across his. It looked eerily like a linebacker going in for a tackle if linebackers tackled doors.

First lets decide who's cell is right across from my own with a 1d6 [roll0]
1. Samduke
2. Simsimilliz
3. Zylas
4. gac3
5. Killingascarab
6. the scared girl from the opening text

Second lets roll to see what happens with this tackle. Not sure what using my talent for football will do for this skill but if it makes my chances better I'd like to do that. [roll1]

KillingAScarab
2016-06-11, 11:03 PM
While trying to get an idea of what was on his neck, the sudden crash startled the bat-like mutant. He heard the young man's intention and then saw him charge toward his own cell. Then he noticed the boy's eyes, and there was something familiar in them: fear. His body was still barreling toward the glass, though, he didn't stop entirely. The bat-like mutant raised his wings up in front of his face, as the young man impacted. He didn't want to look at the result, or to be seen again. Not yet.

"I know, I know... I look very strange," he said while still covering his face. As much to himself as to the others, he continued with, "If it is as this Charles Xavier said, we may need each other to get out of here." He thought of what the last group of people who gave him shelter called him. "I may be kabug now, but I can fly." He removed his wings from his face, stood and looked at the young man. "Are you hurt?"

Johnny America
2016-06-12, 01:30 AM
Malcom breathed heavily, less from exertion he wasn't tired at all this was nothing compared to practice, but from stress and fear. He hadn't expected the boy in front of him.

The boy, he hadn't managed to get his name while trying to bash his cells door in, looked like a- well he looked like a man bat. When he thought about it he reminded him of something he'd seen in a cartoon before, and the thought actually seemed to calm him, it gave him something to relate to.

"Ah, um sorry. I'm uh just a normal human actually." He looked back at the ruins of his cell and then looked back and ran his hand over the tiny fractures that had formed in the glass when he rammed into it "Yeah, ah sorry if that was offensive, I'm just not used to this. Anyway, I think one of the other mutants might be boosting my strength...I mean they can do that right? Anyway I'm not hurt, this is nothing."

He balled his hand into a fist and took a deep breath "okay. Okay, okay. Step back, I'm gonna get you outta there."

Dropping into an amateur's stance he battered the door trying to once again shatter it like he'd done with his own earlier.

Malcom will throw two punches and a kick into the door trying to get the damn thing to give
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

KillingAScarab
2016-06-12, 04:17 AM
Normal human? Him? But that voice said... Why am I trusting voices, even if we all heard it... saw it? Where do I know that name? Confused, he still complied when he was told to get back. He put his wings up, again, to protect himself. This time, the glass did break significantly. He stepped forward to the front of the cell.

"I don't know if you're a mutant or not, but I will say you're brave. American, yes? I would shake your hand but..." He spread a wing out to illustrate. "You had better see if you can help one of the others."

Before he carefully walked out through the shattered glass he took a breath and called, "Does anyone need help from kabug, um..." He realized he should translate, "A bat?"

fireinthedust
2016-06-12, 08:18 AM
Necks: you feel a necklace with a dog tag on it. Writing on the tag is your code name and a serial number.

Arm: stretching out your arm you see a fresh tattoo of the serial number and a bar code.

All of you have these.

silphael
2016-06-12, 10:52 AM
Hey, great, for once I'm pretty normal... except for the tag and... codenames? Thrilapse? Seriously?

Well, now that we are... somewhat free, we can look around and look for stuff.

Now that the cells are opened, Ander starts to look around, searching for potential clues.

Johnny America
2016-06-12, 12:51 PM
"Brave, huh?"

Was he brave? He didn't feel brave, he felt terrified.

"Ah, uh yeah I'm American, and you? I mean I don't know what a kabug is though. Does that mean bat in another language? Oh and by the way," he turned to the bat "call me Malcom, my friends call me Mal for short though."

His friends, he'd been kidnapped from practice. He wondered if some of them had been picked up too. Maybe one of them had been a mutant and he'd gotten picked up as collateral, he didn't like the idea it meant he was expendable.

Malcom moved away from the now destroyed cell, there were still so many more. How much time did they have until somebody noticed? He didn't have time for idle conversation, he'd have to hurry. He put his hand on the cell of the crying little girl he'd heard earlier.

"I told you we'd get out, don't worry I promise I'll get you home. Now I need you to get away from the door, I'm gonna brake it in a second and I don't want you to get hurt."

Waiting for just a second for the girl on the other side to comply, he then began to rain blows down on the cell door until it broke.

Unless something happens to stop him I'm gonna basically smash into this door until it shatters, I'll do a few rolls to see how fast that happens.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Zylas
2016-06-12, 01:15 PM
"Yeah, I can enhance strength. But it takes some effort, and I wasn't trying just now."

Amélie moves to the back of her cell, and waits for the strong "normal" boy to bust her out.

While she waits, she inspects her new tattoo and dog tags. "Well.. ****. Cliche much?" she grumbles as she slides her fingers over the tattoo. At least it wasn't on her neck.. She did like the name on the dog tags though. Rosetta. It suited her.

As the glass shatters, she looks up and blinks a few times. That.. was not "normal". "Thank you.. uh. What is your name?" she ask Malcolm, with all the friendliness she can manage under the circumstances "Hello. Amélie."
She does the same for Roche and says with an extra warm smile. "Hi. I'm Amélie. Nice to meet you."

She then starts looking around the interior of the "gear" for an exit, and is still sort of looking for cameras.

When she sees Kat, she immediately rushes to her and gives her a big hug while she whispers "Oh my god, they got you too?" and adds a bit more loudly "Where are we?"

[roll0] Ex rank

fireinthedust
2016-06-12, 03:52 PM
Door? Who said there was a door? The glass wall of the cell is what you busted through, not a door. And the wall you can see is blank and curved with the shape of the wheel.

Geoforce: You can sense rock around you, as if you're deep underground. However, there's something off about all of this. You don't recognize this kind of stone, it's black and somehow resistant to you: like you can't get a proper bead on how deep underground you are, beyond a short distance.

Magnetism: The metal of the cells is resisting your pull, and you feel your control is much weaker. HOWEVER the necklaces around everyone's necks, with the dog tags, are very much in your control, as are bits of metal people have (ie: zippers, buttons, etc.).

Precognition: You don't sense that anyone knows you've broken out, or at least that no alarms have gone off. Nothing definite, but you don't sense that any alarms have gone off.

Ooc: can't believe I missed precognition. That would have been a "nope" power on RPG principle. I mean, heck, it's basically wasting your power ranks because I'm giving you whatever exposition I'd be giving you anyway. Didn't we talk about this? Who asked for precognition? Was it our game or my fantasy game?

The young girl sniffles, her pet mouse squeaking. I'm... Mouse.

ooc: back on computer. You've smashed the glass walls, "reached out with the force" in various ways, and made introductions. You've also noticed that there are no doors visible in this place.

Simsimillia
2016-06-12, 04:11 PM
It seemed like it was normal, reinforced glass that was supposed to hold them in.

For a moment Kat wondered if their kidnappers were dumb, incompetent or if this part of some convoluted plan. They couldn't expect to kidnap a bunch of mutants and not to find a way out of cells with glass windows.

Anyway, she had heard Amélie...so she had to get out of here and from what she could tell the others were already at it at breaking out of their cells as well.

Katrin took a few steps back and stretched out her arm, that's when she noticed the tattoo and inspected it closer. What the ****? Just like the Nazis did with the Jews? What's wrong with these sickos?

Still irritated Kat stretched out her arm again and let her powers loose. With a bright, blue flash and a cracking sound a stream of hot plasma shot from her arm and hit the glass. The window bursted into a thousand little stars, those closest to the point of impact were immediatle vaorized or melted.

She stepped outside of the cell and looked around for Amélie who's voice she had heard earlier, but the Belgian girl was faster and caught her in a hug. A part of her, the big selfish one, was even happy that Amélie was here. It meant that she wasn't alone in this and her presence, simply smelling that hint of flowery parfume that Amélie still carried despite living on the street for a couple of month and beeing kidnapped, gave her a boost of confidence.

She gave her friend a reafirming smile, she didn't have any better idea where they were or how they'd got out of there (or even how they got in in the first place) but she wanted to keep a brave face, if they dispaired they would be lost. They would make it out of here somehow and she would see to that.

She lit up her hand once again with a ball of blue plasma to bring some more light into the dimness of their prison block and looked around. From what she could tell most of them just looked like normal teenagers like herself, well one guy looked like a bat. What was worse was that there didn't seem to be any doors. She raised her voice to adress all of them in a slightly German-accented English:

"Ok, I'm Kat and I guess we're all in this together. I'd wager we're all mutants, probs how we got in this mess in the first place. Anyone having an idea how to get outta this? Suppose none of you can just open a portal or whatever, right?"

gac3
2016-06-12, 07:34 PM
Tia examined the dog tag around her neck and compared it to her father's in her pocket. She Gaea... She liked that. Whoever took them, had an interesting idea.

She walked up to the glass for a moment and tried to weaken it enough for her to kick through.

Rolls to 1 decrease the material strength of the glass enough that I can 2 kick through it. I'm not sure if some things should ever be automatic so until told something is, I will always roll.
1d100 Remarkable geoforce
1d100 feeble strength

samduke
2016-06-12, 09:15 PM
Gynger relizing the neck device could be manipulated wlll use directed force to equal sides to rip the device apart from her neck -magnetic manipulation; Monstrous: [roll0] then use that metal to shatter the glass wall Monstrous: [roll1] of the cell so that she could walk out.

Johnny America
2016-06-13, 12:56 AM
Malcom smiled a little at the young girl. "Its nice to meet you mouse, I'm Malcom. I think there are a few left in their cells" he heard a crash to his left and felt a blazing heat behind him. Okay maybe a few less now. he looked at what was going on and then turned back to Mouse.

"Why don't you wait over near the pillar until we get everybody out that way you don't get hurt. See if maybe you can work with the bat guy over there to find a way out of this room. I think his name might be Kabug Kabug. He may look a little scary but I think he's probably a really nice guy."

He stepped back and yelled as loud as he could like he'd done at practice to get his teams attention so many times before."OKAY PEOPLE! Some of you have powers that are useful for breaking people out of these cells, lets get them out. If you aren't able to get people out of their cells try to find an exit or at least a part of the wall we can make into an exit. We also need somebody who can find out who or what we are dealing with if you have powers that can tell us what kind of fight we're in for use 'em!" He absentmindedly scratched at his arm through his varsity letterman jacket. "I'm Malcom Lainey and as far as I know the only powers I got is the strength I've built up from a life time of sports, its not impressive but its what I've got. Sound off on your name and what your powers are so we all know who and what we're working with!" He looked around at his fellow captives "We all heard what Professor Xavier said, rescue is on the way but we will need to help them if we want to get out! So lets give the *******s who captured us a run for their goddamn money!"

Usually what followed the big speech before a game were shows of macho bravado and ass slapping but he decided that doing so after this one would probably be inappropriate, so instead he nodded to the group and then proceeded to smash open the next cell.

Again same as last time rolling to smash open the cell, will work on it until the cell wall is destroyed but here are a few rolls just in case the first one doesn't work, like I said in the OOC I'm gonna break open Silphael's next.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

gac3
2016-06-13, 04:13 AM
Gaea, assuming she eventually kicks the glass open or someone else managed to break it, looks around the chamber. She walks past Malcom and winks. "The name is Gaea, Super Boy. Expert at making you fall head over heels and rocking a guys world." She walks to the wall that looks like a wheel and inspects it for anything odd.

not sure what to roll but I'm assuming it's either
[roll0] excellent reason
[roll1] good intuition

silphael
2016-06-13, 07:45 AM
The skinny teen step aside from the future opening, while starting to answer :

"I'm Ander Neeves, but you apparently can call me Thrilapse, which make sense. I'm... not really expert at anything. But I've got minor time alteration powers : right now I can tell that this place is still safe somehow : apparently they either have no alarm, or have more urgent matters to take care of. As of who brought us here..."

He concentrates again, trying to get whatever his past self would say.

[roll0]

Zylas
2016-06-13, 08:52 AM
When Kat asks for anyone that might be able to teleport, Amélie joins her in looking expectantly at the rest of the group.

Instead she sees a girl who apparently thought this was a good time to flirt, another girl who seemed to have magnetic powers, and a boy who could apparently alter time a little.

When nobody volunteers to teleport them out and Malcolm instead starts giving them a peptalk, Amélie can't help but grin at Kat. She whispers

In german with a horrible french accent "Ich denke, vielleicht seine Kraft ist sehr laut zu schreien."
And adds with a slightly annoyed sigh "Right. My name is Amélie." She continues, with an apologetic look to Kat "and.. I can make chemical reactions go any way I want. It's not as flashy as what some of you have, but it might come in handy if we had, say, a plasma cutter and we wanted to use it without suffocating all of us."

KillingAScarab
2016-06-14, 09:33 AM
Seeing the cells were being broken out of fairly successfully, the twenty-something mutant thought I guess they do not need my help. Then he noticed a less successful impact. It looked like dog tags. He resumed checking what was around his neck, and found the same, with one particular aspect standing out:
KABUG

...this is what the people who took me in were calling me. It is... apt... but these others don't look like they're from the Philippines. He hears the one who gave the name Amélie ask where they are. A very good question. How long where we unconscious? What happened to the people I was... well, near? And why does my head hurt so...

It was then he... Kabug... remembered that his arm/wing was sore. He took another look at it and found some of the... fur... had been shaved and he had been marked there. He just stared at it for awhile, until a young girl came over to him.

"Oh. Hello. Do you have one of these, too?" He held up the identification tag. "May I see it?"

Kabug would like to compare Mouse's tag to his own, particularly the serial number. He's wondering how many people there might be here.

fireinthedust
2016-06-14, 10:43 AM
Mouse shows her arm to Kabug. She is not frightened by appearances, it seems, or at least by his. In fact, she seems empathetic towards him.

You're a furry one. They hurt your arm, too?

She pulls up her sleeve. You see a lot of scars on her arm near the tattoo, thin like someone who cuts themselves, as well as some round marks like cigarette burns.

Postcognition: You can't see anything past waking up.

The Wall: It's visibly smooth, dark metal. Rough metal, like the whole room was poured and flash-cooled into shape. The floor lights are the only additional part, added onto the floor in a ring around the center of the "gear", like someone poured the main room and cells, then added the glass walls and the floor hub "ring". ((ooc: make sense?))

The Glass: It's not ideal material, like rock would be, but you might be able to shape it (if that's what your power says), move it around. You're all in a tight spot, so nothing is ideal material right now, at least not obviously.

ooc: if I forget a question, please re-post it. I've done that before, and I don't mean to alienate anyone.

Also: You'll have to tell me what you do. I don't have a "railroad" that I'm going to push you on, exactly, but a location and characters you can encounter and react to in ways I may or may not predict. This isn't necessarily a four-color superhero game, as you can tell; but neither is the X-men series.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-15, 12:59 AM
"Yes, they... did. Oh, I can just look at a tag if you have that. I can not 'read' the bar code, only the number." He tried to smile after saying that, though he had not practiced this since his mouth turned into a snout.

He holds up his tag again while reading her number, "You can call me Kabug. It is... good enough. What do you want to be called? Something other than what the tag says?"

With a little hesitation he adds, "Do you think you have been here long?"

As much as he wants to focus on the situation, Kabug (its official now) can't help but think of the girl's scars. This wasn't in any of my psychology classes. Well... She just shared something with me. Better not make it public. Not yet.

fireinthedust
2016-06-15, 07:42 AM
Magnetism: Samduke is taking a break (hopefully will return, but we'll see). I'm blanking, but is she playing the magnetism-powered character?
Also: Magnetism will work on the metal of the walls, it's just harder than normal. So it's resisting, if not resistant.

Scars: that's just what you see. Not to stir things up or make them personal, but things like cutting or being scarred by cigarettes or other burn sources (IF that's what this is; and I'm not saying it is) is a fact of life for homeless youth and others. I used to be a housing worker, for some time, so I'll try to be sensitive; but I'm not pretending it doesn't happen. I'm also not saying that's what this is.
((if it was, btw, it would make sense with mutants being outcasts))

Geoforce: Yeah, for some reason I thought it was gravity. Ah well. Anyway, the stone around the cell seems to be immune or resistant to your attempts to shape it.
The glass is okay, as it's got a high silicon content... and since you're an earth bender, not graviton, you need something to work with. It's not ideal, though, let's say that.

Simsimillia
2016-06-15, 12:38 PM
Of course noone could teleport. But that would have been to easy, now wouldn't it have been.

Of course, the tall boy with the broad shoulders who looked like the stereotype of an American Football Highschool Player you could find in pretty much any movie or TV show where there was a highschool "took charge" of the situation. She grinned at Amélie's comment: "Typisch Ami halt, kennt uns noch keine fünf Minuten und schon alle am rumkommandieren."

No she didn't like the American's attitude one bit, most of all that he played down how he just smashed a couple of Glass Walls, but for now she'd play along: "I'm Kat or Neon or whatever. I can shoot heated plasma at stuff."

To underline her words she fished a crinkled pack of cigarettes out of her pockets and popped one out by tapping on the bottom of it, picking it up with her mouth. She extended the pack towards Amélie while she snapped her fingers and lighting her cigarette in a blue flash.

Smoking she inspected the room closer. It seemed solid, without any seams in the rough metal. But there had to be ways out of this, they had gotten in here somehow. If nothing else the lights needed power that had to come from somewhere, same as air...or where they supposed to suffocate down here? "Where does the air come from?", Kat said to nobody in particular and started searching the room for holes, duct vents or another form of ventilation.

Looking around the room, paying extra attention to (tiny) holes and such. Extending the search also to the cells we've been held up in. It's Intuition, I guess?

So Rolling with GOOD Intuition:
[roll0]

gac3
2016-06-15, 02:13 PM
"Oui! May I see one, Kat? You are so smart." Gaea will say after hearing the comment about the air must come from someone. "Jus' follow the smoke!"

If given a cigarette and assistance with lighting it, Gaea will hold in close to the walls and try to watch if the smoke goes anywhere by any indication while she checks for holes. She will also try to levitate closer to the ceiling to investigate it and the upper parts of the walls. She will not however actually smoke the cigarette.

I guess my rolls would be
Good intuition [roll0] to investigate
And incredible gravity manipulation [roll1] to attempt the levitation at -1cs I believe

Zylas
2016-06-16, 03:23 PM
OOC: what's the radius and height of this inside of the "wheel"?

fireinthedust
2016-06-18, 07:59 PM
The Wheel: It's about ten feet up, and let's say fifty feet from the back wall of one cell to the back wall of the cell across from it. The cells are about ten feet across, so you've got a thirty foot "circle" between them (give or take some feet for odds and ends in the architecture).

Cigarette: No smoke goes through the walls nor the ceiling.

Floor: Looking more closely, you get the sense that the central "hub" of the wheel, where the lights ring it, could be detached somehow.

silphael
2016-06-20, 05:40 AM
"They aren't aware that we're out, at least for some time, but I can't tell how I arrived here... odd."

He doesn't look like he is trying to remember, more like he just looked somewhere else.

Zylas
2016-06-20, 07:56 AM
"Ah, nice! They didn't take yours? You're a lifesaver, mine were in my pack.." Amélie gratefully takes the cigarette and holds it out for her German friend to light. "Merci," she inhales deeply. "I needed that. 'Might have to filter the air after though. Doesn't seem like we'll be getting fresh air anytime soon."

She blinks painfully a few times before going over to the back wall of one of the cells. Her 24-hour contact lenses were seriously starting to irritate her eyes. But she could worry about that later. For now, she had more important things to worry about, such as getting the hell out of here.

With a balled backhand, she taps the metal wall a few times while taking another drag of her cigarette. "So, I think this is all the same material, and I have no idea what it is. But I think our options are to either blow out the middle of this gear and try to climb down, or to go through the wall and carve our way up and out. The problem with option two is that we don't know where we are, and what we might encounter on our way out. I mean, for all we know we're at the top of a skyscraper. Or in outer space. Or beneath a lava lake. What do you think?" She gives a questioning look, first to Kat and then to the rest of the group, asking for suggestions.

fireinthedust
2016-06-20, 09:24 AM
Kabug: Mouse covers her arm quickly, when she realizes she's shown her scars. No. I dunno. I just... I just woke up. The pet mouse on her shoulder squeaks, and she cuddles it. Another crawls out of her sleeve, down her arm, and into a pocket in her hoodie. Little white mice.

ooc: sorry, didn't realize the question. Mouse isn't very talkative.

The walls: Up to you. Let me know what you decide, but otherwise feel free to talk amongst yourselves. Very player-driven scenario intended here.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-20, 10:53 AM
After seeing the girl cover up, Kabug decided her scars were definitely a topic for later, in private. For now he considered the serial numbers for her and himself and however many more there might be. Then he noticed another mouse on her. "Are both of these mice yours, then?" He takes a look around as he says, "If not, did they come in through somewhere?"

Considering the name on my tag Kabug thought, they are probably her mice. But if not, we may have an opening to find.

I don't expect my character has enough information just yet to figure out how many more people may have been brought to this place, but he'll be working at that. Is there an obvious increment between the serial numbers for Mouse and Kabug, or is there something obscuring it, like encoding the value in hexadecimal, which my character wouldn't understand?

Depending on Mouse's answer, he may be trying to perceive a small opening in the metal. Guess I'll try to roll Good Intuition here now if it is needed.
[roll0]

Johnny America
2016-06-20, 01:52 PM
Huh, he'd expected more of a response. Guess maybe people weren't so comfortable with the whole shouting out their powers thing. Whatever, he'd just wing it until somebody demanded to be the leader, I mean he couldn't say no to somebody with actual powers could he?

It didn't take much longer to get everybody out of their cells, just determination and the willingness to punch glass until it broke. Meanwhile it seemed the others were searching for a way out and having smoke, then he heard somebody talking about a the metal great in the center of the gear as it had been termed for lack of a better word.

"Let me give it a try, I've had a bit of luck at this so far."

Malcom is going to look to see if he can find any hand holds in the metal ring. If he can he's going to try and pull the thing out.
[roll0]

fireinthedust
2016-06-20, 06:02 PM
Malcolm does not find handholds like you've described.

Mouse nods. Sure are. They're... they're always with me. They're my girls. One in her hand squeaks, and you see little pink eyes.

The numbers on your arms are different, except you both have decimals for the last digits. Otherwise, no discernable pattern.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-21, 09:15 AM
No longer looking for a mouse hole, the bat mutant addressed Mouse again. "Whoever brought us here either did not notice your mice or did and took them, too." Thinking of what Malcom had said, about being normal, he asked carefully, "Are they normal pets for you? Has anything odd happened around them?"

While waiting for the girl to respond, Kabug took a look around and realized that he had missed quite a bit while staring at his arm. As people became free, they were busying themselves with looking for a way out, including one girl who was floating. Oh, I am not the only one who can fly, then.

fireinthedust
2016-06-22, 07:41 PM
Kabug: Wait, are you looking for a mouse hole, or are you asking Mouse if her mice came with her? You don't see any mouse holes in her cell.

Marcus: You slam the door and hear it vibrate/rumble. You're pretty sure you could pound it open eventually, but you didn't do it this time.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-22, 09:17 PM
Kabug: Wait, are you looking for a mouse hole, or are you asking Mouse if her mice came with her? You don't see any mouse holes in her cell.I think you were looking at my second to last post. Before hearing that the mice came with Mouse, my character thought there could have been a hole they came in through. Mouse has responded they're hers, though, so he is not looking for a hole like that any more.

The intention behind Kabug's question to Mouse now is to find out if she has powers. He just doesn't want to say, "So you're a mutant?" since he's not the most comfortable with the idea and Malcolm claimed not to be one.

Simsimillia
2016-06-23, 06:24 AM
Kat hadn't actually been so smart as to think about following the smoke to look for where air might come from. She had just needed a smoke, but it was a good idea and she pretended like it had actually been her attention. Sadly, no luck.

She shrugged at Mélie's question, "No idea Mélie, but I'd say underground...these kinda things are always underground in the movies, yeah?"

She finished her smoke and flipped it away, back into her empty cell and immediately got to rolling a new one, for later, as she watched Malcolm "not a mutant" have a pound at the gear in the middle of the room. A rumble echoed, but nothing else happened. Maybe he wasn't a mutant after all. She safely stored the rolled cigarette and went over to Malcolm.

"Ok, tough guy, let me have a go at it", she said to him before talking to everyone, "ähm, you might wanna give me some room, not sure this'll work how I want it to."

She waited until everyone had cleared away a bit and then started to gather more energy and concentrate in her hand. The blue glow and heat eminating from it increased until she expanded her right hand towards the hatched and let loose a hot stream of plasma against it.

Zylas
2016-06-23, 04:20 PM
Amélie aids Kat by making sure the atoms inside the floor take up every last bit of the energy in the plasma, so that they DEFINITELY don't reflect anything back. That should also help a bit in shredding the molecular structure of whatever this floor material is. She also gets whatever gasses form to flock together and become solid, so that they float back down like snowflakes. Best to be safe.

Catalytic Control at monstrous rank.
[roll0]

fireinthedust
2016-06-23, 07:23 PM
ooc: Yikes! Remind me not to mess with you ladies!

IC: The combined efforts of the pair melt the metal of the door like ice hit by a blow torch.

The melted metal falls to a chamber below. There's a lot of heat right now, painful amounts, though thankfully the toxic gases have been managed by the pair. Still: hot pool below you, the air up here is ridonkulously hot.

There's silence for a moment... then an air horn alarm blasting over and over again. Somehow you've triggered an alarm, it seems.

ooc: Everyone who isn't immune to heat please roll endurance (or toughness/invulnerability/forcefield/defense of whatever kind related to being tough). It's gosh golly blazing in here right now.

Zylas
2016-06-24, 12:17 AM
Anélie yells "Step away from the cells!" and fills the bottom of a few of them with liquid nitrogen.

(normal air is ~78% nitrogen, liquid nitrogen is -320 F / -195 C. Normally it'd make a poor isolant due to the Leidenfrost effect, where a gas forms between the heated object and the liquid nitrogen, but Amélie is preventing that from happening by turning that gas back to liquid. Making it's one hell of an isolant. This whole thing, if it works, would probably make a very loud, very high pitched screeching noise.)

She turns the liquid back to normal air if she succeeds in bringing the room back to regular sauna temperatures. She's never done this before on this scale, so she stops as early as she can, to not freeze the entire room.

Catalytic control at monstrous rank
[roll0]

If that fails, Endurance at good rank
[roll1]

fireinthedust
2016-06-24, 09:06 AM
ooc: oooo, 19?! lol. *almost*!

IC: The entire group is struck by the hot from the plasma and the freezing cold from the liquid nitrogen. Sadly, the complicated chemical control is too difficult to manage, and the entire group is blasted by the clouds and waves of energy.

Your chemist has the thought that it was such a good idea, but so hard to control in an instant!

ooc: Okay, let's have a *second* Endurance roll for the liquid nitrogen.

Let's say you all will take 10 damage from a failed first endurance roll, and another 9 damage from a second failed. That shouldn't kill anyone, but should be a fair scuff for a moment's exposure. If this were a TV show, we'd have cut to a commercial break while everyone goes "aargh!" (But it's not, so post responses! Everyone!)

That said: totally fits the theme of young mutants with powers they can barely understand.

IC: AFTERMATH: Despite the liquid nitrogen and hot plasma, once the dust settles you see that the cold liquid poured down into the hole and cooled off the hot metal. You're pretty certain you can jump down there.

Who's first? Who's conscious?!

Zylas
2016-06-24, 09:43 AM
As the rubber of her shoesoles starts to melt and the heated air bites into her airways and skin, Amélie lets out a hoarse cry (burnt airways): "Auh!" and loses her control over the clouds of cryogenic gas. As the gas pours out of the cells all she can do is hold up her hoodie in defense, which flash freezes and the sleeves shatter. Miraculously, her hoodie does shield her from the rest of the frost, but she didn't stop the heat in time to prevent damage. With reddened skin and blistered feet she says with a head hung low apologetically

*cough* *cough* "I'm so sorry guys." *cough* "I hope I didn't hurt anyone too badly."

She then goes to cough some more, nurse her own wounds and those of the others that seem to need the help by liquifying some water vapor from the air, and waits for someone else to look down the hole.

Johnny America
2016-06-24, 10:35 AM
The girl with the plasma made him nervous, in fact it would have given him cold sweats if it wasn't for the fact that he was already sweating heavily from how a hot it was up here. In fact he felt pretty dumb for being so scared of Kabug earlier, the poor kid only looked like a bat, this person could pump suns out of their hands. Once again he made a concerted effort to push the fear out of his mind, this wasn't the time or place and these people hadn't done anything to deserve such treatment. Blisters popped up on his skin as the heat lingered and then the sweet relief of the cold air washed over him, except it kept getting colder and colder till it burned his skin a little.

"Careful with that stuff in enclosed spaces."

He moved over to the hole in the floor and looked through listening to the alarms going off in the background "anybody here want to take point? Anybody? Damnit." He moved to drop down, "Okay guys we got to move fast, if we don't hurry we'll get swarmed by the people who run this facility." He dropped through the hole.

Not sure exactly how regeneration works but I have unearthly levels of it

Simsimillia
2016-06-24, 07:29 PM
Kat had worried if her plasma stream would even be enough to cut through the bulk hatch...but that worry was completly unfounded. In fact it worked a little too well. The blue stream of plasma emitted from her hand cut through the solid metal like a hot knife through butter and while she had thought that everyone else had cleared away, she was still standing quite close.

Small orange blotches of melted metal flew everywhere when the hatch was liquified through Amélie's and her combined effort and some of them hit Kat's legs burning (more) holes through her jeans and into her skin. She screamed and let out a stream of nasty curses in German interrupted by coughing while she started to panick as she had no idea how to get the glowing hot blotches of metal off of her skin. But a second later she had her answer as the heat she caused suddenly vanished and made place for a freezing cold that barely registered with Kat. She was more concerned with getting the hot metal off her skin.

For a moment she sprawled out on the floor and granted her self a moment to catch her breath. Until the footbal player talked again and she pulled herself up again with a groan.

"Go ahead, tough guy. I'm right behind you."

And with that she followed the American through the hole.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-25, 12:04 PM
"Uram!" Kabug cried out when he first saw what he thought was a blue flame erupt from the girl's hand. He wasn't prepared for people to just make fire out of nothing. This did however, make him jumpy enough to trust his new instinct that he should be airborne when his feet felt too hot on the floor. As he was still near her, he turned to Mouse and told her, "Grab my neck or shoulders!" and attempted to take a short flight with her. Then the mix of hot and cold air hit and he landed and tried to just shield them with his hand-wings.

I guess this fur is good for something. What was that? He looked cautiously amongst his fellow captives before asking Mouse, "Are you hurt?"

As he watched people go down into the hole now opened, he approached the edge of it carefully and attempted to look down to see if they had landed well.

Roll for Good Intuition

[roll0]

Note, if there's mist from the gasses, Kabug has Ultraviolet Vision.

gac3
2016-06-25, 03:33 PM
"Definitely feels like underground to me. Oh my, what are you doing?"

She screams and tries to cover her face as things happen and suddenly a hole appears in the floor.

Tia, no Gaea now, she prefers Gaea now that she sees it. Gaea drops down into the hole using her gravitational powers to ease it if it looks like a far drop.

If needed, Incredible Gravity Manipulation to ease the fall.
[roll0]

silphael
2016-06-26, 04:47 AM
Holy ****, what are those powers? And way to use it, too...

Ander tries as good as he can to protect himself from the superheat then the vapors. He does poorly, and jumps after the other.

"A little more care would be welcome next time..."

Zylas
2016-06-27, 04:11 PM
Not wanting to be left behind, Amélie hurries down the hole too.

fireinthedust
2016-06-27, 05:23 PM
You find yourselves in a metal hallway lit by embedded lights in the ceiling and floor corners. The alarm seems to be coming from a cylinder in a chamber on the end of the hallway (imagine you came down through the ceiling of a thermometer: the chamber is the fat ball at the end, and there's a bit behind you as well). There are openings along the left wall, passages leading around sharply turning corners. Behind you is a hallway with an ending.

You can hear an announcement along with the blaring sounds: "Alert! Subjects escaping! Armed units converge on area 51, unit C."

The noise is especially loud for Kabug.

Johnny America
2016-06-27, 06:12 PM
Armed units? Well that certainly wasn't good, Malcolm had spent most his life not knowing what it was like to get shot and he certainly didn't want to find out what that sensation would feel like now.

"Damn! We need to find an escape route, any of you have a power that would help with that? I know one of you said something about precognition. Hell I'd be willing to just let Plasma girl here make an exit if that'd get us away from the guards."

He looked at Kabug and Gaea, an idea sprung into his head.

"Hey Kabug, your like a bat right? That isn't just for show is it, you got any super hearing? We're sitting ducks here in this place, we don't know where the guards are going to come from maybe you can tell us when and where they're approaching from so they don't get the drop on us? Gaea you got some sort of earth powers to go with the name? Maybe you can use them to give us an idea of the layout of this place, I mean technically concrete and metal are all parts of the earth but refined right?"

Right now Malcom felt incredibly vulnerable, he really wished he had some powers to help in this situation, hell any powers at all would might help. He wasn't sure how long he'd have the physical boost or whatever that was giving him his strength, even then he wasn't sure he would be very useful against armed guards.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-27, 08:35 PM
Seeing the others jump down successfully, Kabug did what he could to help Mouse down before jumping down himself. Arg, as if the headache wasn't bad enough. Why couldn't it be a silent alarm? But now we know there are 51 areas... maybe more.

"I can echolocate, Malcolm, but only when I fly. Assuming there's enough room... but this alarm is very loud. Kat, was it? Could you get rid of it?"

If the room is large enough to fly over the party and make two 90 degree turns to come back, Kabug will do so. Good Agility rolls now to speed that up, but he would like to wait until the alarm has been destroyed.

1st 90 degree turn
[roll0]
2nd 90 degree turn
[roll1]

fireinthedust
2016-06-28, 07:36 PM
Kabug: It's too loud to think right now, let alone fly without echolocation. You manage to fly up and make those turns in *this* room, but it's uncomfortable enough that you really, really want to smash the alarm-source before doing anything more.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-28, 11:18 PM
Kabug: It's too loud to think right now, let alone fly without echolocation. You manage to fly up and make those turns in *this* room, but it's uncomfortable enough that you really, really want to smash the alarm-source before doing anything more.

Well, I did want to wait until Kat or someone else disabled the alarm. I thought you might be hinting that it would interfere with the sonar power, as well as be a nuisance.

gac3
2016-06-29, 06:47 AM
In French, Gaea mumbles under her breath, "This is quite annoying. Can't someone do something about this."

She examines the walls and ceiling attempting to locate the speakers. Once she locates something that may be the speakers, she will try to increase the gravity of them to increase their weight to the point where they are ripped out of the ceiling or at least made inoperable.

I don't know whether it would be reason (excellent) or intuition (good) so treat it as whichever is applicable to trying to look for visual signs of the speakers.

[roll0]

Incredible Gravity Manipulation to do something about them
[roll1]

Zylas
2016-06-29, 07:18 AM
Gyro limps down the hole and tries to get a sense of her surroundings through her magnetic powers. She looks for the magnets in the loudspeakers, and will rip them out regardless of whether Gaea succeeds or not (it's a small step up from dog tags, at least). She will also try and get a feel for any metal objects coming their way. Guns, belt-buckles, steel shoe-noses, grenade pins in flashbangs, stuff like that. Also, she'll test to see if she can manipulate the walls down here.

[roll0]Monstrous magnetic manipulation

fireinthedust
2016-06-29, 12:21 PM
Gaea sends a gravitational slam towards the wall, but misses the cylinder. Thinking it was something in the other room, she hits that instead... and you hear a hissing and whining crunch!

Gryo limps to the hole with help, leans down, and makes a very strong magnetic push towards the alarm cylinder. The alarm squeeks and then falls silent.

AT THE SAME TIME you all feel a tug from your heads towards the speaker, as if you're being pulled by something in your head(!@) towards the magnetic push.

Zylas
2016-06-29, 04:03 PM
Amélie clutches her head in pain and screams as the magnet drags her forward. She tries to resist as little as humanly possible, to minimize the pain, but fears for her life, as apparently there's something inside her head/brain.

Johnny America
2016-06-30, 03:07 AM
Malcolm was stunned for a bit after he felt the pull in his head, he ran his hands through his hair hoping against hope not to find what he expected he would. The headache he had earlier was back in full force now but to him that was all in the background. one thought continuously crossed his mind.

They put something in your head Malcolm. They put something in your head.

He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself

THEY PUT SOMETHING IN YOUR HEAD!

He felt the bright hot sparks of rage around the edge of his mind as the thought continued to run through his head. He'd been told that when he'd been born he was blessed with his father's patience and cursed with his mother's temper. Malcolm needed to calm himself, in this sort of situation it wouldn't help to have a member of the group start freaking out. He took another deep breath.

"Okay guys, I'm sure we're all intensely aware that there is something metal inside our heads that shouldn't be there. Best case scenario its just a tracking chip, I don't think I need to say what the worst case scenario is. I think perhaps we need to find some way to neutralize what ever they put in our heads before we escape. I think we should get moving and try and find some sort of control room."

silphael
2016-06-30, 04:50 AM
Oh seriously!

Keeping his head between his hands, Ander seems rather... partial toward that news.

"Let's make it simple : the worst case would have exploded just from that magnetic pull. And the best case... is probably fried now. So basically, it's a "good" news."

KillingAScarab
2016-06-30, 10:01 AM
Noticing that his head, and the heads of those around him, jerked forward when the alarm was silenced, Kabug looked up the hole at Mouse and the young woman he had seen before moving her ID tag against the glass. The metal ID tag, he thought. "Thank you..." It came out weaker than he intended.

Now that the noise was gone, he decided to try to fly a slow circuit over the group. "Here I go." He took off and began to twitch his ears backwards with his wing flaps, forwards after to catch the echo. He was hoping those clicks his wings made would give him some idea of what was further down the side passages.

Sonar was active during that flight. fireinthedust, was anything new revealed about our surroundings I may pass on to the group?

Simsimillia
2016-06-30, 04:09 PM
They jumped down the hole and a loud alarm started to sound over which the announcement of approaching armed guards sounded. This was all so weird, surreal, like this was some kind of horror-movie.

Someone asked her to shoot out the alarm with her powers, but Kat shook her head.

"I'm not so good controlling my powers at a level where they are destructive. I don't wanna fry us all to a crisp."

But it wasn't necessary, someone else, a girl with magnetic powers took care of it and all their heads jerked painfully towards the now destroyed speaker.

No...no no no...wait they...they put something in our head, what kind of sick psycho does that?

She went over to Amélie, the only person she really cared here about and squeezed her hand, cradling her to assure her just as much to find the strength to carry on herself.

"Shhh, Meli it's all gonna be ok. We'll figure this out and get out of here."

After comforting her friend she stood up and looked at the football player who was seemingly still calling the shots.

"You're right, they, whoever they are put these things in our heads. Which can't mean anything good. We should find a way to get them out. Also if guards are coming we should probably get a move on. So...lead on Mr. I'm not a mutant."

Johnny America
2016-07-01, 03:59 AM
"Yeah your right" he nodded to Kat, who he felt might harbor not a small amount of dislike for him, no pressure eh? "We have no information on this place, we have two options." He turned to Ander "you said you had postcognition? Can you see what direction they brought us in here from? If that doesn't work we're going to need to capture and get some information from somebody. Preferably from a scientist or somebody in charge. Kat, your power is scary as hell, I'm gonna let you take charge on interrogating anybody we capture. If anybody else thinks they can help with that talk to Kat. For combat anybody who is tough or has heavy combat powers will take the front lines" again he directed his gaze at Kat.

"I ain't gonna lead from behind on this one, I may not have much but I'm big, I'm strong, and I'm tough so I'll do what I can to help with any fight we get into. I'm not sure if these guys are going to shoot to kill and I wouldn't be surprised if they've been given that order, so be prepared for it."

He looked around the hallway hoping to get any kind of bearing on where they should go. "Kabug can you use your echolocation to find out where the guards are approaching from, if they're approaching from multiple directions we should break through a weaker group so we don't get penned in."

"One last thing, Ander if you start getting any kind of bad premonitions don't hesitate to tell us, honestly I think your probably the best advisor we could have in this situation."

If there are any signs giving directions then I'm gonna use reason (typical)[roll0]
If not I'll have to default to my feeble intuition [roll1]

anybody else who thinks they can do better feel free to chip in on this one.

fireinthedust
2016-07-01, 01:35 PM
Everyone was freaking out, the news that they had metal implant in their heads a frightening new reality.

Gyro, the magnetic girl, slumped down through the hole with a thud and a light crunch. "Agh!" she held her ankle, which had twisted in the fall. She also had what looked like burns on her skin from the blast that had created their exit.

Mouse was at the edge of the hole, hand out as she'd tried to hold onto the other mutant. "Gyro! No! I couldn't... her power made me dizzy!" she sniffed, her description matching what the rest of your experienced: the tug of the implants had caused you all to lose focus, as whatever it was pressed on your brains.

Kabug screeched his echolocation while flying around, directing it towards the doors on that one side of the hallway.

The sonar bounced around the chambers beyond, revealing that both passages lead to a maze. On the far side of the maze seem to be a large chamber, and in another area a rough hole. The passages are too twisted to memorize, but you can "see" a large chamber and you can "see" a hole in the maze where your sonar is "leaking out".

You can also "see" shapes moving throughout the maze, about the size of a person but hovering.

And there's something right inside the maze that was crushed by that gravitational force a moment ago.

ooc: let me know if I've missed answering any questions with these revelations.

Johnny America
2016-07-01, 02:08 PM
"Don't worry mouse we're all going to get out of here. We're not going to leave her behind, I'll carry her. Before that though, let me help you down so I don't have to carry two people."

He held out his hands to catch her when she jumped down. Afterwards Malcolm scooped up Gynger and held her in his arms.

He turned to Kabug "You got anything?"

fireinthedust
2016-07-01, 11:10 PM
Mouse was skittish at first, but leapt into Malcolms arms. As she did so, three mice fell out of her coat and onto the athlete, scampering down his leg. Mouse herself hopped down nervously, moved to the wall and bent down to allow the mice to crawl back up her arm, one, two, three, and into her sleeve.

Gynger/Gyro was very light when Malcolm picked her up, and buried her face in his coat. "Everything hurts," the muffled words came, and she pushed her face into his shoulder to hide her eyes.

ooc: What's next?

KillingAScarab
2016-07-02, 12:46 AM
Kabug screeched his echolocation while flying around, directing it towards the doors on that one side of the hallway.
Actually, the sound comes from his wings (http://phys.org/news/2014-12-non-echolocating-fruit-echolocate-wing-clicks.html), not his mouth. Yay, neuroecology!

When he landed, Kabug took a look at the obviously injured girl's ankle. He rolled her sock down, slowly removed her shoe and asked, "Please, try to move your foot a little." If she can move it, it should just be a sprain, he thought. If she cannot, something may be broken. Regardless of her ankle, he didn't like the look of her burns.

Here is a Good Reason roll, if it is required, to assess Gynger's condition.
[roll0]
Kabug has the Biology talent, but I don't think it applies a column shift here.

While he checked that, he explained to the group. "Both of those hallways seem to lead to a strange room. It is like a maze, and I think it's the same one. I didn't sense any people, but there are... things... in the air. They don't fly as I do, but I think one of them fell just inside. Flying was hard enough in this corridor, though."

Johnny America
2016-07-02, 01:18 AM
As Kabug came over to examine Gynger's foot, Malcolm gently shifted her in his arms so the man could get a better look at the girls ankle. "Yeah she landed on it wrong, I'm not exactly versed in medicine or anything and I haven't gotten hurt often enough to familiarize myself with this sorta thing." He watched as Kabug did a few things; checked her ankle, looked over her burns, and tried to administer some first aid, but he wasn't sure if it had helped or not.

"Both of those hallways seem to lead to a strange room. It is like a maze, and I think it's the same one. I didn't sense any people, but there are... things... in the air. They don't fly as I do, but I think one of them fell just inside. Flying was hard enough in this corridor, though."

"You're saying the 'armed units' heading our way aren't human? Well that's good news, we don't have to hold back." He let out a soft sigh of relief at the news, for a few seconds there Malcolm was worried he might soon learn what it was like to see someone end another person's life or be forced to do so himself. "I know it's hard to fly in here but if the area out there is a maze you're our best bet for quickly navigating it, you think can do it?"

Zylas
2016-07-02, 05:24 AM
She went over to Amélie, the only person she really cared here about and squeezed her hand, cradling her to assure her just as much to find the strength to carry on herself.

"Shhh, Meli it's all gonna be ok. We'll figure this out and get out of here."

After comforting her friend she stood up and looked at the football player who was seemingly still calling the shots.

"You're right, they, whoever they are put these things in our heads. Which can't mean anything good. We should find a way to get them out. Also if guards are coming we should probably get a move on. So...lead on Mr. I'm not a mutant."

Amélie weakly returns the handsqueeze, but still seemed dazed. The realization that there was something implanted in her head was just too much. She would've had a full-blown panic attack if not for Kat. Instead, she sniffs away the welling tears and says "****, Kat, this is so wrong. What the hell even happened to us?"
She steels herself with a deep breath, and adds "But yeah, you're right. We need to get out of here."

She bites her lip and gets to her feet with shaking knees, still breathing slightly too fast. That American boy seemed to have taken charge again. And he was actually doing a good job of it this time. Kat was right, it might be a good idea to follow his lead. For now, at least. So long as it'd get them out of here.

gac3
2016-07-02, 09:21 AM
"Well that was unpleasant." Gaea said after she finished clutching her head in pain. Everyone else seemed to recover more quickly. This was quite an interesting group. Super boy is being quite heroic for someone who doesn't think he has powers....

She puts a hand on the ground... The hallway is metal... And therefore there is nothing she can do... But maybe the metal isn't thick and she can sense the earth around it and get details.

if the roll is good, and you seem the metal doesn't block her powers too much or isn't too thick, I will quote what the book seems the difficulty for my tasks are if you wish.
Goal: sense the layout of the structure and the beings within it and whether or not they are moving, basically very similar to the ecolocation but I should be able to do it more constantly and maybe even further out.
Remarkable Geoforce:
[roll0]

It might also be useful to know if there is any magma within a mile I could use so let's roll that too
[roll1]

fireinthedust
2016-07-04, 12:25 PM
No magma, and you have a good idea of the layout of the maze. It's like a rat's maze in a lab, with some features like trap doors and spikes, what could be guns or flamethrowers, and other... well, fairly cheesy "trap" things from a cartoon. You're a bit disappointed there's no falling piano, basically, but it's otherwise something a ten-year-old would draw if they were making a death-maze for superheroes. That said, you're pretty sure you know how to get to either the hole in the wall, or to the large round chamber, with a minimum of spiked floors or swinging blades.

No sense of "moving things" anywhere, so they're likely flying/hovering.

KillingAScarab
2016-07-06, 09:28 PM
Forgot to ask this earlier, but was Kabug able to determine how injured Gynger's ankle was?

fireinthedust
2016-07-07, 11:05 AM
ooc: yeah, it's a sprain. she's not running anytime soon. plus, y'know, burned.

fireinthedust
2016-07-07, 11:24 AM
ooc: yeah, it's a sprain. she's not running anytime soon. plus, y'know, burned.

gac3
2016-07-07, 01:21 PM
Gaea, after getting a good sense of what was in store for them, turns to Malcolm. "Superboy, since you are taking charge it seems, here is what I have. There is a large chamber and something that seems like a hole in the wall. I believe I could get us to either. There are some traps though. If we want to move quickly, I should have a general sense of how to get there relatively safely. You and I might be good people to lead the way from the looks of things. I think moving slower I could more easily guarantee avoiding traps. Your call."

Her last comment was under the assumption moving slower she could more thoroughly scan each corridor before they went down by narrowing her focus.

KillingAScarab
2016-07-07, 09:48 PM
"I believe you have a sprained ankle," Kabug said to the girl he was examining. "You will want to keep pressure off of it, but you should be able to stand on the other foot."

After hearing about the traps, Kabug chimed in, "I, too, detected two ways out of that maze... Gaea was it? The path was unclear and I could not tell if there were traps, just the... hovering things." He considered them for a moment. "Perhaps once we determine what those are, I can try to fly. If they are sentries as you suggest, Malcom, I might just draw them to us if I fly too high."

Johnny America
2016-07-08, 04:52 AM
Malcolm paused for a second, considering what the two had said to him, it was a relief to hear that Gynger hadn't broken her ankle in the fall that was certain. The other girl on the other hand...he'd noticed that she was hitting on him earlier, he didn't know how to take it. If this was at school, he would have taken it as a compliment, but it felt kind of weird being flirted with when they were trying to escape from being kidnapped.

"Okay, Gaea, you take point. If you can guide us out of here quickly and without running into the traps that would be awesome, it'll get a bit awkward if I have to carry to many more people cause of injuries." He chuckled nervously, "Kabug give us a heads up when we get close to where you remember the 'sentries' being. You're probably right about not wanting to be the easy target when we approach them, so yeah you should probably stay down for now. If they're machines then I think Gynger here might be able to disable them without to much fuss, if not then Kat's our ranged artillery and like I said I'll help out in combat however I can." He nodded to Gaea to lead the way.

KillingAScarab
2016-07-08, 08:25 AM
"Perhaps one or two of us can shoulder Gynger, to help her walk on her good foot," Kabug offered. He addressed Gynger, "Would you like to give it a try?"

fireinthedust
2016-07-10, 10:18 AM
Gyro: her sprained ankle is one problem, but the rest of her took a bad hit from the burns. She's in a ridiculous amount of pain, but trying not to show it as much as she can (ie: holding onto Malcom and pushing her head into his shoulder so she can focus on that instead of on the burns or the ankle).

The smashed object: Peeking into the hallway you see what looks like a crushed chrome garbage pail with a robo eye (the glass is cracked and the light has gone out), and crushed whip-like arms.
It's like that drone you saw in that movie about that uber-mensch who saved that reporter in that ship trapped in an iceberg, the one that you really liked despite fanboys criticizing it as too destructive in the battles later on (but really, that's what would happen if you had titans fighting in an urban environment, and fanboys always want gritty realism, so why the hate?!).

Path to take: chamber or crack? You've got two for chamber, one for crack.

KillingAScarab
2016-07-11, 09:24 PM
The smashed object: Peeking into the hallway you see what looks like a crushed chrome garbage pail with a robo eye (the glass is cracked and the light has gone out), and crushed whip-like arms.
It's like that drone you saw in that movie about that uber-mensch who saved that reporter in that ship trapped in an iceberg, the one that you really liked despite fanboys criticizing it as too destructive in the battles later on (but really, that's what would happen if you had titans fighting in an urban environment, and fanboys always want gritty realism, so why the hate?!).

Path to take: chamber or crack? You've got two for chamber, one for crack.Will the hallway we choose matter to reach the smashed object, or do both lead to it?

fireinthedust
2016-07-11, 11:00 PM
Will the hallway we choose matter to reach the smashed object, or do both lead to it?

The smashed object is immediately inside the hallway nearest to the now-crushed alarm box. You don't have to go into the passage, but you can look in from the doorway easily.

Zylas
2016-07-15, 06:49 AM
Not wanting to go first (for fear of getting shot) Amélie waits for someone to look around the corner.

fireinthedust
2016-07-15, 12:00 PM
OOC: that covers Amelie. Who's going first? Let's get a marching order.

AND: to the chamber or to the hole? There isn't much I can do except throw bad guys at you, or have NPCs go "hey, let's go", and even then I need you kind folks to take the actions. Or, y'know, I could go write some Marvel fanfiction by myself... which would be so-so, considering.

Simsimillia
2016-07-15, 07:14 PM
Kat didn't care much for anyone besides herself and of course Amélie. That would be the only she'd be carrying. Besides, she wasn't superhumanly strong anyway, like that American dude who seemed completly oblivious and ignorant to the fact.

Anyway, they were ready to move now and checking out the chamber one of their "radars" had spotted seemed to be the consensous.

"I'll take the front. I can't use my powers from the backline without risking to hit one of you."

And with that she carefully turned around the corner and made her way down it, hands held up ready to discharge another stream of plasma at anything that moved.

gac3
2016-07-17, 12:51 PM
Gaea glanced at Super boy, as she expected him to decide which way they went after but he keeps flaking slightly in the heroic leader department so she rolls her eyes and follows the girl who took charge. She will stay close behind her alerting her to traps and which direction to go. She will lead them to whichever one the girl started in the direction of.

Johnny America
2016-07-17, 09:32 PM
Malcolm followed behind. From the look he got from Gaea, he got the feeling perhaps he'd done something wrong? He'd intended for Gaea to guide them through the complex and figured that the appropriate position for that was the front. Perhaps he hadn't made that clear? Oh well, now wasn't the time to hash it out.

KillingAScarab
2016-07-19, 07:30 PM
Seeing that Gynger was reluctant to move too much, Kabug let the issue drop. Those burns may be worse than I thought.

Once everyone was beginning to move he asked, "Shall we try to head toward that chamber then, Gaea? How did you de- oh, I guess that was what had fallen." Kabug was towards the back of the line for now, but still remarked on the crushed... robot? Kabug hadn't seen many robots... or any. "If this is an 'armed unit,' where are the... arms?" Kabug took a look at the end of the metal limbs.

If it is needed, here is a Good Intuition roll
[roll0]