PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 5E Pixie Race

JNAProductions
2016-06-08, 12:40 PM
Because we need another one, right? Anyway, this is my take on it.

Pixie Traits

Ability Score Increase-Your Dexterity score increases by 2.

Alignment-Pixies are almost universally good, and tend strongly towards the chaotic end of the alignment spectrum.

Size-Pixies range from 6"-12". Their size is Tiny.

Hard To Hit-+1 AC.

Tiny Weapons-All weapons have their damage die reduced by two sizes, but all weapons also gain the Finesse property. (2d6 is treated as 1d12 for this purpose.) You may use any weapon a Small character can use normally with disadvantage, and cannot use any Heavy weapons (unless they are made Tiny sized).

Adorable Armor-Armor has its costs halved. While it's of a rare make, it's also so small that it's pretty cheap.

Nimble-You may pass through creature's squares as if they were unoccupied. However, you still take AoOs as normal.

Speed-Your base walking speed is 10'. You have a 30' fly speed, but cannot go higher than 10' off the ground per level. (Example, at level 5, you may go up to 50' above the ground.) This limitation is removed at level 11. In addition, you cannot fly in medium or heavy armor. You may, however, use your wings to increase your land speed if in medium or heavy armor (if it has wing slits), increasing your base land speed to 20'.

Darkvision-We all know what this does. Do I really need to type it out? :P

Fey Ancestry-You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and cannot be put to sleep by magical means.

Cantrip-All Pixies know the Dancing Lights cantrip, as an innate magical ability.

Languages-You know Sylvan and Common.

Subraces-Rough, Tough, and Charming Pixies.

Rough

Ability Score Increase-Strength increases by 1.

Big Guns!-Your damage die is only reduced by 1, not by 2.

Strong Flier-You may fly normally in medium armor, and in heavy armor at level 5.

Tough

Ability Score Increase-Your Constitution increases by 1.

Tumble And Fall-You've taken many a fall, and know how to roll with it. Gain resistance to all falling damage.

Tenacious-You can cling to vital spots on bigger creatures. You may grapple creatures up to two sizes larger than you.

Charming

Ability Score Increase-Your Charisma increases by 2.

I think I could probably use a few more features. Thoughts?

Ninja_Prawn
2016-06-08, 02:30 PM
I think I could probably use a few more features. Thoughts?

I'm not sure there's room in there for more features. These look quite powerful already. I mean, a tiny greatsword is 1d8 under your rules, right? And it's finesse. So there's no real penalty there for a dex-based build (which would probably use light armour anyway). The tough pixie actually gets d10 finesse weapons!

The thing that's missing, for me, is magic. I'd expect at least the Dancing Lights cantrip, or something based on pixie dust. Where you fit that in is another matter.

JNAProductions
2016-06-08, 02:33 PM
I'm just not big on magic. Hell, I made Xelor a Rogue subclass!

But maybe Dancing Lights as a universal cantrip. That's basically a fluff feature, so should slot in nicely.

Night Eternal
2016-06-09, 12:49 PM
that an interesting way to think to do tiny weapons might have adjust that with mine. That would make magical weapons and other weapons you run across a lot simpler for the dm and character and not leave that player out of logical loot. Maybe even make it a pixie spell, that allows the pixie to change weapons into tiny form. would probably have to be a ritual or something you can do only during long rest

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-06, 03:34 PM
Can charming perhaos get more features

Wryte
2017-07-06, 08:59 PM
I'm just not big on magic.

But innate magic is a pixie's most defining trait, mechanically. If you want a combat-based fairy, I'd suggest a sprite instead.