PDA

View Full Version : Collectively Generate a GITP D&D Forum post

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-08, 01:17 PM
UPDATE: Post 2 is underway!

This is a simple message board game where we will collectively generate a GITP Post. If it goes well, we'll keep on going!

The rules are simple. The first player picks an edition of D&D (5, 4, 3.5, or Older). The second player generates the post tittle. The next player writes the first sentence, then one by one we add sentences until someone signs off with "Thanks GITP!" or similar.

When it's done, I will compile it and post it to the appropriate forum, and we can watch the response.

Aside from being a fun way to play with the tropes of GITP, this also captures one of my favorite things about the forum, which is reading people random thoughts and the discussions they generate. This will be a fun way of creating interesting conversations. It's not designed to trick anyone, and I will include a link back to this thread in the OP.

I'll kick things off as the first player and pick the EDITION:

Telonius
2016-06-08, 01:18 PM
Post Title: What is the alignment of this character?

JNAProductions
2016-06-08, 01:18 PM
Title: The Stormwind Fallacy and Why I Hate It Woops, ninja'd.

Douche
2016-06-08, 01:21 PM
Not to be a douche, but this is probably gonna get moved to the forum games board.

Post Title: What is the alignment of this character?

Post body: I was just roleplaying my chaotic neutral character when I killed the lord of a local village.

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-08, 01:24 PM
Not to be a douche, but this is probably gonna get moved to the forum games board.

I looked for a forum games board but I couldn't find it... I'm happy if it gets moved.

Douche
2016-06-08, 01:29 PM
I looked for a forum games board but I couldn't find it... I'm happy if it gets moved.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?34-Message-Board-Games

I only know this because I once made a corrupt-a-wish topic and it got moved there.

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-08, 01:45 PM
The Post So Far:

D&D 3.5

What Alignment Is This Character?

I was just roleplaying my chaotic neutral character when I killed the lord of a local village.

Christopher K.
2016-06-08, 01:48 PM
My fellow players are all new to the game, and didn't understand why I did this.

Douche
2016-06-08, 03:28 PM
My fellow players are all new to the game, and didn't understand why I did this.

So then I cast Mass Suggestion on them to agree with me.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-06-08, 03:39 PM
So then I cast Mass Suggestion on them to agree with me.
The DM had previously said 'No PVP', but I cast the spell secretly, in a note to the DM, so the other players aren't aware it's on them, which makes it alright.

Comment: there has to be some absurd table drama in there.

NRSASD
2016-06-08, 05:29 PM
When the Lord's guards arrived, I used my wand of Feign Death on myself and handed my bloodstained axe to our Paladin.

Belac93
2016-06-08, 06:35 PM
Of course they blamed him, and he couldn't protest because of the suggestion spell.

Keltest
2016-06-08, 07:22 PM
And that's when this story gets weird.

Anonymouswizard
2016-06-08, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately the Paladin's player decided that my character's actions labeled him as evil and that he was honour bound to remove the taint of my existence from the world, despite PvP being banned.

thoroughlyS
2016-06-08, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately the Paladin's player decided that my character's actions labeled him as evil and that he was honour bound to remove the taint of my existence from the world, despite PvP being banned.
He turns to my "lifeless" body, and attempts a coup-de-grace.

Black Socks
2016-06-08, 07:50 PM
That's when the DM decided to intervene.

Douche
2016-06-08, 08:08 PM
He decreed that attempting to kill a defenseless man is also an evil action, causing the Paladin to fall from grace and lose his powers

NRSASD
2016-06-08, 08:41 PM
The Paladin was so dismayed by his fall from grace, he decided to kill himself right then and there in an attempt to regain his honor and paladinhood.

Keltest
2016-06-08, 09:19 PM
However, the Lord's Guards, who we had forgotten about, restrained him, along with the rest of the party watching.

Inevitability
2016-06-09, 02:52 AM
Then the paladin's player got really upset with me and the DM. The nerve!

ImSAMazing
2016-06-09, 05:54 AM
Then I casted Seeming from my in-case-of-emergency scroll, and I took the form of the Lord of the guards.

Black Socks
2016-06-09, 07:19 AM
My Bluff check succeeded, but then the power went to my head a little...

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-09, 08:06 AM
The Post So Far:

D&D 3.5

I was just roleplaying my chaotic neutral character when I killed the lord of a local village. My fellow players are all new to the game, and didn't understand why I did this. So then I cast Mass Suggestion on them to agree with me.

The DM had previously said 'No PVP', but I cast the spell secretly, in a note to the DM, so the other players aren't aware it's on them, which makes it alright.

When the Lord's guards arrived, I used my wand of Feign Death on myself and handed my bloodstained axe to our Paladin. Of course they blamed him, and he couldn't protest because of the suggestion spell. And that's when this story gets weird.

Unfortunately the Paladin's player decided that my character's actions labeled him as evil and that he was honour bound to remove the taint of my existence from the world, despite PvP being banned. He turns to my "lifeless" body, and attempts a coup-de-grace. That's when the DM decided to intervene. He decreed that attempting to kill a defenseless man is also an evil action, causing the Paladin to fall from grace and lose his powers. The Paladin was so dismayed by his fall from grace, he decided to kill himself right then and there in an attempt to regain his honor and paladinhood. However, the Lord's Guards, who we had forgotten about, restrained him, along with the rest of the party watching. Then the paladin's player got really upset with me and the DM. The nerve!

Then I casted Seeming from my in-case-of-emergency scroll, and I took the form of the Lord of the guards. My Bluff check succeeded, but then the power went to my head a little...

Long story short, I am now the Lord of the village, but since I'm chaotic neutral, I am against any form of government.

Anonymouswizard
2016-06-09, 09:10 AM
Of course, my first action was to declare it National Official Burning day, at which point the guards made sure that the Paladin was secure in his straitjacket and tied me to a stake in the town square.

NRSASD
2016-06-09, 10:59 AM
The DM ruled that since today was already National Druid Day, it was illegal to burn me with a wood-based fire.

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-09, 12:28 PM
Let's consider moving this to wrap up and/or getting back to the issue in the title somehow.

JNAProductions
2016-06-09, 12:36 PM
So anyway, I'm pretty sure I stayed true to being Chaotic Neutral, but I'd like to get some other opinions on this. Thanks for letting me know, Playgrounders!

Douche
2016-06-09, 01:24 PM
Let's consider moving this to wrap up and/or getting back to the issue in the title somehow.

Aw, man... This story was getting good. I could've imagined it going for way longer.

Mind if I post this to reddit, and return with the results?

Black Socks
2016-06-09, 04:03 PM
Can we do it again? Pretty please?

Complete post:
D&D 3.5

I was just roleplaying my chaotic neutral character when I killed the lord of a local village. My fellow players are all new to the game, and didn't understand why I did this. So then I cast Mass Suggestion on them to agree with me.

When the Lord's guards arrived, I used my wand of Feign Death on myself and handed my bloodstained axe to our Paladin. Of course they blamed him, and he couldn't protest because of the suggestion spell. And that's when this story gets weird.

Unfortunately the Paladin's player decided that my character's actions labeled him as evil and that he was honour bound to remove the taint of my existence from the world, despite PvP being banned. He turns to my "lifeless" body, and attempts a coup-de-grace. That's when the DM decided to intervene. He decreed that attempting to kill a defenseless man is also an evil action, causing the Paladin to fall from grace and lose his powers. The Paladin was so dismayed by his fall from grace, he decided to kill himself right then and there in an attempt to regain his honor and paladinhood. However, the Lord's Guards, who we had forgotten about, restrained him, along with the rest of the party watching. Then the paladin's player got really upset with me and the DM. The nerve!

Then I casted Seeming from my in-case-of-emergency scroll, and I took the form of the Lord of the guards. My Bluff check succeeded, but then the power went to my head a little...Of course, my first action was to declare it National Official Burning day, at which point the guards made sure that the Paladin was secure in his straitjacket and tied me to a stake in the town square. The DM ruled that since today was already National Druid Day, it was illegal to burn me with a wood-based fire.
So anyway, I'm pretty sure I stayed true to being Chaotic Neutral, but I'd like to get some other opinions on this. Thanks for letting me know, Playgrounders!

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-09, 07:31 PM
Can we do it again? Pretty please?

Complete post:
D&D 3.5

Then I casted Seeming from my in-case-of-emergency scroll, and I took the form of the Lord of the guards. My Bluff check succeeded, but then the power went to my head a little...Of course, my first action was to declare it National Official Burning day, at which point the guards made sure that the Paladin was secure in his straitjacket and tied me to a stake in the town square. The DM ruled that since today was already National Druid Day, it was illegal to burn me with a wood-based fire.

I'm going to post this thread to the forums tomorrow and then plan to do one of these per week, posted on Friday, so we don't overwhelm the "real" posts at any point.

Aw, man... This story was getting good. I could've imagined it going for way longer.

Mind if I post this to reddit, and return with the results?

Yes, feel free to crosspost this to reddit. Make sure to link back to this, though.

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-10, 07:07 AM
The post is up! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?490890-What-Alignment-Is-This-Character&p=20875577#post20875577)

Please don't post misleading things in the thread, i.e. pretending to have genuine reactions to the post.

Douche
2016-06-10, 02:36 PM
I'm going to post this thread to the forums tomorrow and then plan to do one of these per week, posted on Friday, so we don't overwhelm the "real" posts at any point.

Yes, feel free to crosspost this to reddit. Make sure to link back to this, though.

I actually was just going to post the text. As if it were a real question, to see what the responses are.

Anonymouswizard
2016-06-10, 04:21 PM
Right, okay, for the next post why don't we go for another D&D 3.X one? Let's be bold and specify that it's Pathfinder, just to add a bit more challenge.

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-10, 08:14 PM
Right, okay, for the next post why don't we go for another D&D 3.X one? Let's be bold and specify that it's Pathfinder, just to add a bit more challenge.

That sounds good to me. I think we should also try to make it less "trolly." The last one was fun but imagine reacting to it thinking it's genuine you just hate the person posting it. This is apparent in the actual thread.

rooster707
2016-06-10, 08:30 PM
Suggestion: You should have a different person post the completed post every time. Otherwise, eventually people will go "Oh, it's Human Paragon 3 again, I'll just ignore this thread."

Twelvetrees
2016-06-11, 06:53 PM
Post Title: Gestalt Advice. Is my character too weak?

Anonymouswizard
2016-06-12, 03:11 AM
So my group has started a our first time using gestalt, game, and as I wanted to be a melee fighter I went Paladin and Ranger for heavy armour and dual wielding.

NOTE: I'm willing to post this one, but I thought I'd start it at a less troll like speed.

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-13, 05:46 AM
Cool. Toss a semi-colon in there before "I went paladin / ranger..."

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-13, 03:23 PM
The Post So Far:

Edition: 3.P

Post Title: Gestalt Advice. Is my character too weak?

So my group has started our first time using gestalt, game, and as I wanted to be a melee fighter; I went Paladin and Ranger for heavy armour and dual wielding.

Black Socks
2016-06-13, 03:31 PM
But recently, I've been considering switching my style.

Human Paragon 3
2016-06-13, 03:37 PM
Initially I was hoping to TWF with long/short sword and tack on smites for an extra damage source like a rogue sneak attacks, but I found with multiple encounters per day, I very quickly burned through all my smites.

Anonymouswizard
2016-06-13, 05:57 PM
I'm considering going Barbarian/Rogue to use both Rage and Sneak Attack to boost my damage.

Black Socks
2016-07-08, 06:23 PM
But my group is in need of an arcane caster, too.