PDA

View Full Version : Making A World Out Of My Homebrew

JNAProductions
2016-06-08, 02:21 PM
So, as anyone who looks in my sig can tell, I have a poopload of homebrew. And I kinda want to consolidate it all into one giant setting.

Anyone want to glance through all my stuff and help figure out some ideas?

Ninja_Prawn
2016-06-08, 02:33 PM
Well, a lot of it is based on pop-culture, so... some kind of crossover-style setting? Or like, an interdimensional thing where people from all different planes of existence get sucked in and can't get out?

It might help if you sorted your homebrew sig with some subheadings, either by what the things are or what they were inspired by.

JNAProductions
2016-06-08, 02:45 PM
Well, a lot of it is based on pop-culture, so... some kind of crossover-style setting? Or like, an interdimensional thing where people from all different planes of existence get sucked in and can't get out?

It might help if you sorted your homebrew sig with some subheadings, either by what the things are or what they were inspired by.

But that's effort! I don't like putting in effort!

I'll see about getting it done.

Done! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?490666-JNAProdcution-s-Homebrew&p=20869301#post20869301)

Murk
2016-06-08, 02:46 PM

This hits the mark, I think.
I would suggest a setting where you do not get xp/training through doing stuff, but by reading about them (or watching them). If you read enough comic books, eventually you get some of the skills of the characters (maybe the personality too?)

Adventurers use classes based on popular fictional characters and archetypes, and they go on fancy animelike quests, after which they go and watch some more youtube videos to learn.