Omicroncubed
2007-06-28, 09:36 AM
Maybe :roy: ''YOU BROKE MY SWORD'' or :miko: Roy/Hinjo fight

Basalock
2007-06-28, 09:40 AM
:xykon: Factor three: Meteor swarm

BardicLasher
2007-06-28, 09:43 AM
Roach badass moment was in the bonus strip in Dungeon Crawlin' Fools.

Xykon's most badass moment is his fight with Dorukan in SoD, IMO.

Redcloak's is fighting Miko.

MitD's is also fighting Miko.

Haley's is right after she gets her voice back, when she shoots Sabine.

Durkon's is the whole Leeky fight.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-28, 09:46 AM
Another one for Roy: Rematch (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0430.html), particularly the first panel.

Elfanatic
2007-06-28, 10:03 AM
:redcloak: against :miko:

Because you just saw the emotion on their smiley-like faces.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-28, 11:26 AM
Belkar creating his pile of hobgoblins. Sexy shoeless god of war. Brillient.

yoshi927
2007-06-28, 11:39 AM
:belkar: "Let's see. I'm alone, wounded, and barely armed in a foreign land, trapped in a massive fortress swarming with nameless hostile human centuries." ... "It's like my birthday come early, except instead of birthday cake, there's dead humans. Well, MORE dead humans, at any rate."
:xykon: The ball with the mark of insanity.
:vaarsuvius: Either destroying the black dragon, or the scorching ray on Miko that saved Belkar.
:thog: "Thog rage! Thog crush puny jail!" (tears the prison bars out of the wall)
:sabine: When she killed the guard to get Nale out of jail the first time, I guess. She doesn't have many.
:roy: Definitely, "YOU BROKE MY SWORD!".
:roach: I've got nothing
:durkon: The giant lightning strike in Cliffport.
:elan: "Deny, deny, deny, deny the psycopathic egomaniac!"
:haley: #470. Yeah.
:miko: The fight with Belkar or the one with Redcloak. Hard to decide.
:mitd: When he knocked both Miko and Windstriker through the wall trying to hit lightly. Win. :smallbiggrin:
:nale: "Actually, I prefer longswords." (stabs hobgoblin)
:redcloak: The "slay living" on the hobgoblin was pretty cool. There might be something better in "Start of Darkness", but I didn't even know it was out yet.

Overall, I'd have to say the best is Belkar.

:belkar: "Let's see. I'm alone, wounded, and barely armed in a foreign land, trapped in a massive fortress swarming with nameless hostile human centuries." ... "It's like my birthday come early, except instead of birthday cake, there's dead humans. Well, MORE dead humans, at any rate."

Deuce
2007-06-28, 11:42 AM
:haley: - "The Goat Turns Red" shot.
:vaarsuvius: - Sorting out the Twins in 397
:durkon: - "Saving" the bandit leader from the tree in 169.

Sage in the Playground
2007-06-28, 11:49 AM
Roy's is his speech about the kind of world Xykon would rule over, right before he died.

Megalomaniac2
2007-06-28, 11:52 AM
I say Weather Control, followed by THUNK-ing Leeky.

MReav
2007-06-28, 12:23 PM
Durkon telling Leeky to Sit. Just because he doesn't employ violence, doesn't make it any less badass.

Nomadic
2007-06-28, 12:46 PM
I think you forgot a big one:

:roy: *POW* *Miko goes flying into the wall* Oh, I'm sorry...is NOW a good time for battering things into submission? I just want to be clear on the rules here since I'm just a big dumb fighter.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-28, 01:19 PM
:roy: Jumping on the dragon into the sun, or "YOU BROKE MY SWORD!"
:elan: Definitely strips 392-400, he went berserk right there. True badass swashbuckler there.
:haley: Strip 470, that was awesome. Really, it moved her up on my list of favorite characters. She rocks. (Okay, maybe this is just a little bit of adrenaline because I just read the strip.)
:belkar: "Sexy shoeless god of war", probably.
:durkon: Control Weather in Cliffport
:vaarsuvius: Paper beats rock
:xykon: Bouncy-ball paladin slayer, "Factor Three - Meteor Swarm", haven't read start of darkness yet. (A very badass but more minor one was 249, killing the hobgoblins cuz they were in the way.)
:redcloak: Leading the charge into Azure City on the mammoth, fighting Miko, the ultimate touch spell battle :smalltongue: (maybe something in SoD, haven't read it yet)
:mitd: He's not very badass, but maybe pounding Miko and Windstriker through a wall and about 1000 feet away. Yeah, that one.
:nale: 393, almost turning Elan against Haley. Or maybe impaling Elan in the Dungeon of Dorukan.
:sabine: Blasting in through the door in strip 386.
:thog: Destroying the prison in 387. (Wow, all of my Linear Guild ones are in the same mini-arc with Elan.)
:roach: Nothing violent, but maybe "I'll inform Milan" in strip 148. I just love that line.
:miko: Destroying the throne, battling Hinjo, leaping through the window to kill Belkar, killing Shojo, the first battle with the OotS. There's been a lot.

Pronounceable
2007-06-28, 04:54 PM
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!

No contest here. I want that panel on a t-shirt. I'll probably get one made.

lavidor10
2007-06-28, 05:08 PM
V from oots 17.

Tell me this isn't badass:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/Lavidor10/V.jpg

Wildrose
2007-06-28, 05:15 PM
Hinjo - Nobody hurts my dog!

Khoran
2007-06-28, 05:18 PM
YOU BROKE MY SWORD! is one of my favorites. So is the part where Elan jumps off of the airship. As well as when Roy's Father yells "Xykon is alive!" He then kills it in the next comic, but it's one of those things that you could picture happening to the PCs.

Gez
2007-06-28, 06:04 PM
:durkon: "I call my proposal giant dwarf with a hammer." Yeah, the quote isn't from the one being badass, but Durkon is the strong silent type.

Impikmin
2007-06-28, 06:11 PM
Gahhh! You totally forgot the fight between :sabine: and :roy:! Ok, maybe the only really good part was when :roy: throws her out the window:smallamused:

Gavin Sage
2007-06-28, 06:42 PM
:roach: TO WAR!!!!

(Because it takes a real roach to ride a racoon)

TheNovak
2007-06-28, 06:51 PM
:redcloak: has a completely awesome badass moment near the beginning of SoD. I will say nothing more.
:xykon:, meanwhile, has like twenty.

My favorites for everyone else have already been listed, looks like. Well, except for :roy:'s speech to :vaarsuvius: in Origins.

See? Buy the books, and you get all kinds of awesomeness![/salespitch]

evileeyore
2007-06-28, 09:12 PM
Gahhh! You totally forgot the fight between :sabine: and :roy:! Ok, maybe the only really good part was when :roy: throws her out the window:smallamused:No, the "good" part is when she is giving him everything he "wants"... the pay-off is her going through the window.:smallsmile:

NeonRonin
2007-06-28, 09:15 PM
I think my favorite part of the :sabine:/:roy: fight is probably this one:

:roy: WE WASTED 38 STRIPS ON THAT SIDEQUEST!!!

What can I say, I love it when Roy loses his temper.

:durkon: I rather enjoyed his little lecture to Julia. Any dwarf who can make a Valley Girl wizard say "yes, sir" and mean it... that's cool.

:haley: Strip 470, no doubt. Though her backstory in On the Order of P.C.'s is also pretty good.

:elan: Yeah, I'd have to say the Dashing Swordsman swinging through the window bit, with the ensuing Nale-thrashing.

:belkar: I know everyone's already said it, but I'll say it anyway. Sexy shoeless god of war.
But for variance, I'll throw in a quote of his: :belkar: When in doubt, set something on fire.

:vaarsuvius: I dunno, I kinda liked the Mass Enlarge Person tacticals.

:roy: For all-time cool moment, I still like the jump-onto-Xykon's-dragon splash panel.

That's all I have for now.

Chronos
2007-06-29, 12:40 AM
I think the key here is to be true to the character. So, for instance, Vaarsuvius disintegrating the dragon was mostly just luck (beating a +13 Fort save and a SR of 17? Truly the random number gods were smiling on the Order), but sorting out the twins was an application of that 18+ Int, so it counts. On these lines:
:elan: : Denying Nale in their first fight. Gutsiness, but of a very bardic sort.
:nale: : Almost convincing Elan to turn on Haley. Nale is the master of subtle manipulation, and that should be the textbook example of good use of a Suggestion spell.
:belkar: : Sexy shoeless god of war, no contest. Nothing says Belkar like a pile of mangled corpses.
:hinjo: : "I'll stand in between any two murderers I wish". True paladin: He's fighting for what he sees as right, but he'll do so within the bounds of the law.
:vaarsuvius: : Either the above-mentioned figuring out of the twins, or the Sleep spell e (didn't) cast way back in #10 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0010.html).
:redcloak: : His speech to Miko where he calls her an unnatural abomination. It shows his intellectual nature, as well as some insight into his character.

ThorFluff
2007-06-29, 01:52 AM
when :redcloak: tells "Xykon" to "STFU or ill rebuke you into next week" (the EoFaF)

Sexy shoeless god of war is nice, but my favorite Varsaavius is definatly "Apperently" when she outsmarts Nale.

but lets not forget how badass it was when the dungeon of durokan blew up and Elan&Roy jumped the last second :P

Castamir
2007-06-29, 03:39 AM
#434 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0434.html): :xykon: Badass. (puts on the crown) REALLY badass.

The Wanderer
2007-06-29, 04:38 AM
:roy: YOU BROKE MY SWORD!, throwing Sabine out the window, beating up Miko, jumping onto Xykon's dragon.
:vaarsuvius: Evan's spiked tentacles, disintegrated dragon, figuring out which twin was Nale, mass buffing of the troops.
:durkon: Weather control, hecueva and ninja smashing a distant second.
:haley: Comic 470, the sneak attack she pulled on Sabine with the arrows.
:belkar: Sexy shoeless god of death is a shoe in, how he disposed of Yik-Yik in Cliffport, battle with Miko and the quote "It's as true today as when I first started adventuring; when in doubt, set something on fire", also good is the "You forgot one thing: I'm chaotic" line to the lawyer.
:elan: Um, does he count? :smallwink: Coming through the window to rescue Haley from Nale.

:xykon: too many to choose from. Tops would probably be the bouncing ball of insanity and Meteor Swarm, but everything from summoning the soul of dead goblins to find his keys to killing the NPC guard in the tower to how he kills the one guy attacking him during the Tsukiko interview without even turning around all count.
:redcloak: The slay living on the hobgoblin cleric he thought was the Supreme Leader, fight with Miko, titanium elementals, charge on the mammoth, cleric duel, telling Tsukiko to remember to tell Xykon about the chlorine elemental when she was threatening to tattletale on him.
:mitd: Beating the crap out of Miko. What a shot! :smalleek:

:nale: The various James Bond villain moments, stabbing Elan in the back.
:thog: Prison break, beating Haley with the door.

:miko: Actually have to give her credit for quite a few. I don't think anything tops her enterance as the cloaked figure, but beating up the order, suckering the entire group of ogres, fight with Redcloak, escaping Xykon's forcecage.