PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Dervish//Revenant Blade

Drogorn
2016-06-08, 09:34 PM
Rules:
All skills are class skills.
Prestige classes can be on both sides of gestalt.
Drow and half drow count as elves(may or may not be a house rule)
Feats that specify a location don't.
Characters can spend more than half their starting wealth on items.
LA and racial HD are on only one side of the gestalt.
32 point buy.
No flaws.
Traits are subject to approval.

I'm building a TWF character for a friend, and my perfectionism is turning into procrastination. I'm trying to come up with the best stuff to fill the two open feats, and I'm not sure what to get for items.

The game is already in progress, and currently at level 10. His party-mates are a human abjurant champion//duskblade, a pixie rogue//grey guard with flyby attack and a prismatic burst weapon, and a ghost MotUH//bard optimised for inspire courage(but not dragonfire inspiration).

Non-negotiable items: gloves of the balanced hand(for improved two weapon fighting), and some souped-up Valenar double-scimitar.
He still needs some source of bonus movement.

He'll take mostly boost maneuvers from his ToB levels.

I'm not sure whether to do stats at 18 str, 13 dex, 12 con, 13 int, 10 wis, 8 cha, or maybe boost dex and int a bit more.

Character is a half-drow.

Class 1 Class 2 Feats Class Feature 1 Class Feature 2 Spirit Lion Barbarian, whirling frenzy Swordsage 1 bladebearer of valenar, weapon focus double bladed scimitar pounce, whirling frenzy Quick to act +1, weapon focus Drow Fighter 1(Drow of the underdark, p59) Swordsage 2 combat expertise hit and run, +2 init AC Bonus Fighter 2 Swordsage 3 expeditious dodge or desert wind dodge, mobility

Ranger 1 Swordsage 4
Favored enemy: arcanists, speak with animals and plants Insightful strike Ranger 2 Swordsage 5 Ranger: TWF
Quick to act +2 Dervish 1 Revenant blade 1 open, RB power attack AC bonus, dervish dance, movement mastery, slashing blades Ancestral guidance 1, hero of the valaes Tairn Dervish 2 Revenant blade 2
Fast movement +5 Shadow of the past Dervish 3 Revenant blade 3 RB improved crit, DV Spring Attack Spring attack, dervish dance 2/day Ancestral guidance 2 Dervish 4 Revenant blade 4 open Dance of Death Giant Slayer Dervish 5 Revenant blade 5 RB improved trip Fast Movement +10, Dervish Dance 3/day Ancestral guidance 3 Dervish 6 Eternal Blade 1
Improved Reaction Blade Guide, eternal training 1/day Dervish 7 Eternal Blade 2
Elaborate Parry, Dervish Dance 4/day Guided Strike Dervish 8 Eternal Blade 3
Fast Movement +15 Armored uncanny dodge, eternal training 2/day Dervish 9 Eternal Blade 4
Tireless Dance, Dervish Dace 5/day Eternal Knowledge Dervish 10 Eternal Blade 5
A thousand cuts Eternal Training 3/day

Rebel7284
2016-06-08, 10:32 PM
A Cloistered Cleric dip getting travel devotion, animal devotion/law devotion, and perhaps a third free feat (Improved Initiative?) would help with extra sources of movement while granting other useful stuff and ability to use cleric wands.

If templates are allowed and use only one side, getting some templates sounds like a good plan. Feral probably fits flavor wise and gives nice stat boosts including to your bad Con. Mineral Warrior is pretty great too.

DarkSoul
2016-06-08, 11:14 PM
Why Dervish? It feels like wasted levels. You're already up to Spring Attack, why not go Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz, take 5 levels of Tempest instead, and see about getting Two Weapon Spring Attack from Tempest 5 applied to all your Rapid Blitz strikes? That frees up 5 levels for templates if you want to go that route or another PrC. You could even go Dervish after that if you really want to.

For bonus movement talk to the DM about boots of continuous expeditious retreat. By the book they're 4k gold, but more realistically worth about 12-16k.