PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know of a Magic Item...

TheLoveInterest
2007-06-28, 10:11 AM
Hi, at the moment I am building a stat sheat for D&D and I need an Item that can port more than 4 characters to the 9 hells because I am a rouge (And a side villain) and have no spells to do so.
Does anyone know of a item that can do this? I would apricate it if you would tell me, thank you.:smallsmile:

Delaney Gale
2007-06-28, 10:15 AM
If you're a rogue with that kind of money, you should have enough ranks in Use Magic Device to do that with a scroll. I think gate or plane shift would do it.

Telonius
2007-06-28, 10:19 AM
For the average party, wait till they're asleep, then coup de gras. (Hey, you said you were a villain). They've probably caused enough mayhem in their time to get them sent to the bad place. The catch is that you might have a hard time getting back to the material plane afterwards.

Otherwise, yeah, Gate or Plane Shift scroll. Or summon a devil and get him to port you over.

TheLoveInterest
2007-06-28, 10:26 AM
For the average party, wait till they're asleep, then coup de gras. (Hey, you said you were a villain). They've probably caused enough mayhem in their time to get them sent to the bad place. The catch is that you might have a hard time getting back to the material plane afterwards.

Otherwise, yeah, Gate or Plane Shift scroll. Or summon a devil and get him to port you over.

Oooo, I wold love to do the first one but we are just starting out and they are all good and neutral party (I myself am using undetectable alignment, but it's a side note) the whole goal of my villain is to free one of the archfiends from the ice and I don't think that they would help me if I killed them all...:smallbiggrin:

GoblinJTHM
2007-06-28, 10:31 AM
a flying boat with planar sails

Corolinth
2007-06-28, 11:40 AM
Is this plan of yours plot, or just a motivation you've decided to assign to your rogue on your own?

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-28, 11:46 AM
Are you Dm? If so just invent one and house rule it in.

psychoticbarber
2007-06-28, 11:49 AM
Are you Dm? If so just invent one and house rule it in.

This is a huge thing lots of people forget. I off-the-cuff houseruled a spell during a torture scene (the players were walking up on it as I was describing it, and it ended fast) in which a Wizard created a blade out of what appeared to be liquid metal and used it to torture a character.

It sent the minds of my friends who also DM off on to "What WAS that spell, and what can this guy do!?"

So yeah, don't underestimate (and don't forget to use) the psychological effects of a simple homebrew-for-effect spell.

Dragonmuncher
2007-06-28, 12:32 PM
Barring Scrolls, let's see what the SRD has in its inventory...

Amulet of the Planes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#amuletofthePlanes)- Cool thing, although you need your party members to be willing to go with you, and hold hands, to use it.

The Cubic Gate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#cubicGate) is pretty neat, too, and doesn't require anything other than your party to stand next to you, whether they know about the gate or not.

The Obsidian Steed- a Figurine of Wondrous Power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#figurinesofWondrousPower) can plane shift at will, but can only be used for 24 continuous hours, once a week.

The Well of Many Worlds (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#wellofManyWorlds) opens to other planes, but as it's completely random which one it opens to each day I don't suggest it.

Or, of course, just custom-make an item that allows plane shift or gate 1/day, or the like.

Other than that, scrolls and a UMD check are probably your best bet.

Delaney Gale
2007-06-28, 01:08 PM
How high is your Bluff check? How high is the highest Sense Motive check in the party? You're going to have to be damned convincing to get a good/neutral party to get you to free an archfiend...

If your DM would let you Bluff a party member, you should get some Charisma-enhancing items and a choker of eloquence (from the Arms and Equipment Guide). You'll need the +10 to Bluff (and Diplomacy and Intimidate too!) to get good characters to believe that helping an archfiend is a good idea.

What level are you? How much cash do you have on hand? What is your DM willing to let you have to run this plot?