PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gun-toting occult detective

Arutema
2016-06-09, 03:47 AM
So I'm brainstorming yet another oddball multiclass character, A gun-toting occult detective type.

I'll probably go medium for my occult class, relying on the champion spirit's damage bonus. Probably halfling for race, as the favored class bonus can further boost seance boon and therefore damage. Pity gun use is so feat starved.

Anyway, here's my thoughts so far:

l1: Cavalier (Spellscar Drifter) - Gunsmithing, free gun, cha-based grit. General feat - rapid repload. Ignore the mount.
l2: Fighter - Bonus feat - Deadly Aim
l3: Medium - Spirits. General feat - Point-blank shot
l4: Medium.
l5: Medium. General feat - Precise shot
l6: Medium.
l7: Medium. Retrain the fighter level to more medium and pick deadly aim back up as my general feat?

For the cavalier level? Any suggestions to the order? My initial thought was Eastern Star or Tome.

Instead of the fighter level, is there any class archetype that grants precise shot on a 1-level dip? I know of divine hunter paladin, but I'd prefer to be true neutral. (And the was the code is worded, it seems I would lose the feat as an ex-paladin.)

And, of course, am I overlooking or forgetting anything?

Florian
2016-06-09, 04:11 AM
Ouch. Tough one.

Problem as I see it is that you´re locking yourself into one specific Spirit and have to stick with it. At that point, you should question the Choice of Medium being you main class.

You might have better results with Fighter (Drench Fighter) 3 as base and go on from there.

avr
2016-06-09, 04:19 AM
Both Far Strike Monk & Zen Archer Monk can get you Precise Shot at class level 1.

I'm wondering where the detective part comes in tho', a medium with the champion spirit isn't exactly a paragon of perception or other skill use.

Secret Wizard
2016-06-09, 04:40 AM
If you go with Psychic Detective Investigator, you can spend your first few feats in ranged weapon training, and then use Investigator talents for Firearm Training and Grit. Saves you from multiclassing.

Randomthom
2016-06-09, 04:58 AM
Wouldn't some combination of Gunslinger/Inquisitor do this pretty well? A Dex & Wis build benefit both too.

Scratch that, you said occult... still, getting ideas for my next character now!