PDA

View Full Version : About Haleys weapon of choice...

Jher'c Kelborn
2007-06-28, 11:32 AM
Can anyone think of a place where Haley keeps all her arrows? :smallconfused: (See #470, for example)

That goes for every single D&D/fantasy/non-real person who always has arrows, even though they never store any anywhere!

MR.PIXIE
2007-06-28, 11:34 AM
She sumons them~ like throwing axes.

Hermit
2007-06-28, 11:35 AM
In a bag of holding, clearly.
Question 2: where does she keep her large supply of bags anyway? :p

Spiryt
2007-06-28, 11:39 AM
Where Belkar kept Skullsy (almost as big as he is) and few other things?

C'mon in D&D people keep impossible amounts of things with them...

WHAT? they can CARRY it WEIGHT so they can store it :smalltongue:

OotS isn't anyway pure D&D fortunately, characters have quite normal amount of gear with them.

I think.

ozymand1as
2007-06-28, 11:41 AM
in other bags of holding. (though this may cause problems with the fabric of the universe....)

Balkash
2007-06-28, 12:07 PM
in other bags of holding. (though this may cause problems with the fabric of the universe....)

I'm not sure, because from what I gather, "If a bag of holding is placed within a portable hole a rift to the Astral Plane is torn in the space: Bag and hole alike are sucked into the void and forever lost. If a portable hole is placed within a bag of holding, it opens a gate to the Astral Plane: The hole, the bag, and any creatures within a 10-foot radius are drawn there, destroying the portable hole and bag of holding in the process." Since I haven't found anything about bags of holding inside bags of holding causing negative effects, I guess it's alright.

Cade Shadow
2007-06-28, 12:24 PM
I almost made a thread asking this exact question at the same time as you, good thing I didn't :smallbiggrin:

Belkar's Left Foot
2007-06-28, 12:33 PM
Maybe we need to call it arrowspace now. :smalltongue:

SomeLich
2007-06-28, 12:36 PM
Well guys,

you have to keep in mind that an ultra-realistic solution to carrying issues isn't possible - and that's no a D&D specific problem. Remember, a character might as well carry a tower shield on long marches as he is allowed to have Ioun stones circulating around his head. So, what happens to the gaming setting if you took everything into account from a DM perspective? Yeah, you would most certainly run out of players. And I was such a weight wonder at the beginning of my roleplaying career. ;-)

Michael

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-28, 12:42 PM
Haley's weapon of choice wouldn't at all be related to ELAN'S, would it?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html

:amused:

Oberon
2007-06-28, 12:44 PM
Remember, a character might as well carry a tower shield on long marches as he is allowed to have Ioun stones circulating around his head.

A character might as well carry an entire tower if it's within his weight allotment.

In any rp game, most characters will cary more gear than physically possible, with no more explaination than a backpack.

Iranon
2007-06-28, 12:51 PM
Type III cleavage of holding? They've got to be useful for something other than the occasional save or be dazzled.

Gez
2007-06-28, 01:04 PM
I'm going to propose a dazzling suggestion that nobody ever thought of before: in the same place she keeps her nose.

See, this is a stick comic. Stick comics are deliberately simplified to emphasize important stuff over the details.

Furthermore, this is a stick comic about D&D. D&D simplifies this kind of stuff too because it would be boring, pointless, and time-consuming to keep track of things like "on which shoulder do you wear your quiver".

Haley has a quiver. It's just not being shown. Because Rich doesn't want to have to picture it everytime, especially when Haley practices such acrobatics and he'd have to guess how the quiver would behave during these movements.

Promakhonas
2007-06-28, 01:07 PM
Maybe we need to call it arrowspace now. :smalltongue:

Since this is what I thought, and evidently nobody else got the reference, I'll post a handy-dandy link!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerspace

sikyon
2007-06-28, 01:19 PM

Perhaps it's the same one :smallwink:

Jher'c Kelborn
2007-06-28, 01:22 PM

Who knows; they've both been known to use their rapier-like wit at times of need! :smalltongue:

SavageWombat
2007-06-28, 03:10 PM
Can anyone think of a place where Haley keeps all her arrows?

On her equipment list, duh. :smallbiggrin:

Eriol
2007-06-28, 03:14 PM
Type III cleavage of holding? They've got to be useful for something other than the occasional save or be dazzled.
Definitely an advantage in a campaign with lots of male npcs I'd think. :smallsmile:

tainsouvra
2007-06-28, 03:36 PM
In the same place as V's familiar...just on a character sheet until it's actually needed, then poof it's there and always has been there.

RyQ_TMC
2007-06-28, 03:56 PM
That's easy. She keeps them...

Yup, right here.

Castamir
2007-06-28, 04:35 PM
"If a bag of holding is placed within a portable hole a rift to the Astral Plane is torn in the space: Bag and hole alike are sucked into the void and forever lost. If a portable hole is placed within a bag of holding, it opens a gate to the Astral Plane: The hole, the bag, and any creatures within a 10-foot radius are drawn there, destroying the portable hole and bag of holding in the process." Since I haven't found anything about bags of holding inside bags of holding causing negative effects, I guess it's alright.
Strange... I could swear there are other items with interact badly with bags of holding. At least if you put a bag of tricks, another bag of holding or a non-spent rod of cancellation, **** happens. How bad the **** in question is depends on the rulebook in question, but losing both items and the contents of both was the absolute minimum, with large magical explosions or aforemented sucking stuff into the void being more usual.

mikeejimbo
2007-06-28, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure, because from what I gather, "If a bag of holding is placed within a portable hole a rift to the Astral Plane is torn in the space: Bag and hole alike are sucked into the void and forever lost. If a portable hole is placed within a bag of holding, it opens a gate to the Astral Plane: The hole, the bag, and any creatures within a 10-foot radius are drawn there, destroying the portable hole and bag of holding in the process." Since I haven't found anything about bags of holding inside bags of holding causing negative effects, I guess it's alright.

Um, I thought that putting a bag of holding inside another bag of holding caused a massive destruction of the universe in the area.

Charity322
2007-06-28, 05:08 PM
Yeah I'd say the quiver just hasn't been drawn in, in the same way that we presume that Durkon isn't actually walking around barefoot.

Jher'c Kelborn
2007-06-28, 05:20 PM
Yeah I'd say the quiver just hasn't been drawn in, in the same way that we presume that Durkon isn't actually walking around barefoot.

:durkon: - "Aye, lad o' lassie: were ye be a dwarf, ye neer be needin' no shoes. A dwarf be taking it like a man, and endure it in tha name a' Thor! ...Thou', it be nice an' comfy ta be keepin' warm in a nice ol' pair of boots: I ain't no halfling, ye kno' !"

Breaon
2007-06-28, 05:40 PM
On her equipment list, duh. :smallbiggrin:

Best answer so far in keeping with the theme and flavor of the comic.

I was going to say something as mundane as a Quiver of Ehlonna

Thanatos 51-50
2007-06-28, 06:19 PM
Its in her "theres no way i'm drawing that every strip" quiver.

(Mildly unrelated white text to follow)
On another note, I tend to note where every piece of equipment is, AND I try to stay away from using backpacks at all.
Its gotten to the point where I have one charecter without a bedroll, instead, he has a winter blanket wrapped and secured around a rope. Which is secured around his torso in a very Ghostrider-esque fashion.