PDA

View Full Version : Fun Builds for an Epic Level Campaign? (3.5)

Shinzutalos
2016-06-09, 03:22 PM
Hello again, amazing people of the Giant in the Playground Forums, My DM announced a new campaign a few days ago and listed off the stipulations and limitations for creating an epic level character (20) for an epic level campaign. I'll list the stipulations here:

-Builds must only pull from Player's Handbook, Player's Handbook II, Complete Warrior, Complete Arcane, and Complete Adventurer.

- Two million gold starting gold. No restrictions on items but it must be in the books listed above or pulled from the Dungeon Master's Guide

I'm absolutely excited for this campaign but there are so many options that my mind is drawing a blank. I know you great people are the most creative and most optimization-minded so if you guys could think of some fun, effective builds and post them in this thread that would be awesome. The campaign is in two days so I will probably choose which build I enjoy the most at the end of Friday. Have fun!

Esprit15
2016-06-10, 04:49 PM
Well, working on becoming a demilich is always fun. You have the wealth for it – next level, you meet the requisites.

mabriss lethe
2016-06-10, 05:58 PM
I've always wanted to play an epic shadowdancer: Be a ninja with a small army of unturnable (nonspawning) shadow minions. Of course you'd probably want a thought bottle or two to protect you from level loss if someone snuffs your shadows.

Waker
2016-06-10, 06:07 PM
That is a pretty open request. Care to narrow it down just a little bit? I mean, even saying "I wanna be a spellcaster" or "Hit stuff with axe" would cut down on options a bit.

Shinzutalos
2016-06-10, 06:24 PM
I don't really want to track spells and stuff for this campaign so I prefer a melee based build to be honest. Sorry for not being very specific.