PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Help Wanted] Optimizing an Unchained Rogue

StrengthofMany
2016-06-09, 03:31 PM
This is actually for a player of mine. I haven't played with a Rogue since 3.5e, so I'm stumped on what advice to give him. How would you optimize an Unchained Rogue to be the best that they can be?

As a caveat, the other party members so far are a Cleric (no details yet) and a Sorcerer (leaning toward Drow or Gnome with Slyvan bloodline.)

Florian
2016-06-09, 03:43 PM
Well. Unchained Rogue is still king of the hill when it comes to dealing raw damage. So engaging in the TWF feat chain with Short Swords or Wakizashi certainly is a thing.
Should your Cleric not pose as a flanking buddy, thisīll get a bit more complicated. Thisīll mean engaging in Ki Pool and some ninja powers, especially Vanishing Trick ( and a Shosubo of the Night Sky) to pull it off.

Before going deeper into it, Iīd actually propose you getting your Cleric and Rogue player to talk about general tactics and go from there.

Secret Wizard
2016-06-09, 11:24 PM
This may be handy. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10X33NTVDs7e7f9SYsagARLgIEM9tgy7ilKViC-4xin4/edit)

The Nimble Skirmisher can flank with itself, so you could go with that in order to avoid needing a flanking buddy for sneak attack.