PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed (3.5) Other ways to get Turn Elemental?

Hogsy
2016-06-10, 09:31 PM
I was wondering what ways there are to gain the ability to Turn Elemental. I'm going Sacred Exorcist 1 which gives me the ability to Turn Undead but no domain. The Arcane Disciple (http://alcyius.com/dndtools/feats/complete-divine--56/arcane-disciple--92/index.html) feat from Complete Divine only gives me access to the spell lists of a given domain. Is the only way to go Cleric 1 with an elemental domain? If there are no other ways, would a homebrew feat which gives you the ability to Turn Elemental if you e.g burn 2 uses of your Turn Undead ability be balanced? I play in a homebrew world where the 4 elemental races(Ifrits,Undines,Oreads and Sylphs) are the base races along with humans and lizardfolk and the Elemental Healing (http://alcyius.com/dndtools/feats/complete-divine--56/elemental-healing--830/index.html) feat would be pretty nice to have for some "free" healing. It's more fluff than "optimization" but I really like the idea.

Gildedragon
2016-06-10, 09:37 PM
The feat "Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment)" will get you the domain power

Hogsy
2016-06-10, 09:52 PM
The feat "Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment)" will get you the domain power

Thanks a ton!

nedz
2016-06-11, 06:04 AM
The spell Substitute Domain (Complete Champion p128) can help - but you have to have a domain and the ability to cast Clerical spells first.

There is a cheesy use of this via UMD and Arcane Disciple, but the RAW is questionable.

mabriss lethe
2016-06-11, 09:16 AM
There's a special holy symbol in Eberron. Khyber shard holy symbol, or something like that. It directly converts T/R undead to T/R element.

Darrin
2016-06-11, 10:20 AM
Air/Earth/Fire/Water Bloodline + Kin Mastery (Dragon Compendium): turn your bloodline ancestor 1/day.

Troacctid
2016-06-11, 11:59 AM
The spell Substitute Domain (Complete Champion p128) can help - but you have to have a domain and the ability to cast Clerical spells first.

There is a cheesy use of this via UMD and Arcane Disciple, but the RAW is questionable.
Does not work—Arcane Disciple does not count as a domain.

nedz
2016-06-11, 12:12 PM
Does not work—Arcane Disciple does not count as a domain.

My first point works perfectly - the second is questionable, as I said.

ShurikVch
2016-06-11, 04:54 PM
Which base class is your PC?

Complete Champion have Domain Granted Power ACF, which allow Wizard to get domain's power instead of bonus feat (5+ level)