PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What to do with a Cavalier's Banner?

Faily
2016-06-10, 09:59 PM
Since our group is soon finished with Reign of Winter, we've begun to prepare characters for the next Adventure Path.

I'll be trying my hand at Cavalier, and went for the Daring Champion archetype in Advanced Class Guide and picking up Slashing Grace since it pairs very well with the Daring Champion.

Problem is later for the Cavalier's Banner. As per the rules, I must have it clearly visible for others to see, carried or displayed by me (I don't have a Mount to put it on. Just don't want to deal with Mounts). Meanwhile, Slashing Grace demands that my off-hand is completely free (as the feat states: You do not gain this benefit while fighting with two weapons or using flurry of blows, or any time another hand is otherwise occupied.)

Could it be possible to have the banner as a cloak, effectively? Or any other ideas?

Necroticplague
2016-06-11, 12:12 AM
Since our group is soon finished with Reign of Winter, we've begun to prepare characters for the next Adventure Path.

I'll be trying my hand at Cavalier, and went for the Daring Champion archetype in Advanced Class Guide and picking up Slashing Grace since it pairs very well with the Daring Champion.

Problem is later for the Cavalier's Banner. As per the rules, I must have it clearly visible for others to see, carried or displayed by me (I don't have a Mount to put it on. Just don't want to deal with Mounts). Meanwhile, Slashing Grace demands that my off-hand is completely free (as the feat states: You do not gain this benefit while fighting with two weapons or using flurry of blows, or any time another hand is otherwise occupied.)

Could it be possible to have the banner as a cloak, effectively? Or any other ideas?

Don't see why not. Still being carried, still clearly visible on your back. Sounds like it should work.

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-06-11, 12:42 AM
Wearing a tabard should work.