PDA

View Full Version : So....500th comic what you'd like to see (spoilers)

Belkar's Left Foot
2007-06-28, 04:19 PM
I honestly would like to see Roy turned into a death knight as the finale, then the OoTS would have to deal with killing the man who brought them all together.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-28, 04:20 PM
Huh. Morbid, but not a bad idea.

Raziel3024
2007-06-28, 04:41 PM
I honestly would like to see Roy turned into a death knight as the finale, then the OoTS would have to deal with killing the man who brought them all together.

It would certainly be dramatic.

Basalock
2007-06-28, 04:56 PM
but then how would elan have a happy ending?

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-28, 05:05 PM
I reckon another ending like after they blew up the dungeon of dorukan. all of them (roy having just been brought back to life) doing a dramatic team pose possibly now inculding hinjo and celia. before that they should be all them foreshadowing events. like showing nale, sabine and thog recruiting. Xykon falling back. a new enemy to replace miko. etc.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-06-28, 05:45 PM
That's kind of tricky... I can't think of anything that forshadows the curent ending. Lots of stuff for further down the road, but not much for the next day to week of OotS time.

Further down the road Spoilers/Speculation:

They are in a sea port, and have to cross the ocean. Pirates, anybody? We've certianly had plenty of ninjas so far.

Sea going side quests? Yeah, Treasure Island AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! Sure it won't. I made a bunch of double entendres in an earlier post, but it doesn't mean that they can't happen.

Nale, Sabine and Thog all got away, but promise to come back. And they are also going to a seaport. Elan took an upgrade, what makes you think Nale won't? Especially after having had his nose rubbed in the fact that he loses because he is predictable? Elan the Dashing Swordsman vs. the Dread Pirate Nale? Good lord, the script practically writes itself!

Haley's dad. Plus gender-bent Haley and her dad both look a good deal like Girard Draketooth. Which ties into Haley's unfinished scrambled "truth." Could Haley be a little "dragonish" rather than "Archonish?" Next Gate? Girard's Gate o' Illusions. Think the safety catch might be family blood?

And of course, the chase between the OotS and Team EVIL.

Of course, I'm batting about .003 in my predictions, so take anything I just said with a HUGE grain of salt.

Hushdawg
2007-06-28, 07:51 PM
Roy's SISTER raises him from the dead but brings both Roy AND his father back into the body and they end up having internal arguments. Oh man, a fighter whose split personality is a mage... that's frelling hilarious!

What... it's no worse than Haley's internal monologues!

Elfanatic
2007-06-28, 08:44 PM
Vaarsuvius gains ultimate power by saying "Whait, pre-operation or post-operation?" to the transvestite queen Cherr, and changes the gender of the entire worldpopulation, sits back and enjoys the carnage supping elven wine from Xykon's skull. Oh, and Belkar-turned-Belladonna is the royal footstool.

What? I have just read the entire archive of Exiern...
http://www.exiern.com/index.htm

Belkar's Left Foot
2007-06-28, 09:16 PM
Okay.....so maybe more details.

Roy is brought back as a death knight, and they have to kill him again, so after a long time of running away from him and dodging killing him, they realize they have no other choice but to end his eternal suffering, harming the weak and doing evil deeds.

The turnout is that after mercifully killing Roy, who has long since killed Xykon, Haley and Elan get married, Belkar finally learns to love life.....by celebrating with Ale and Whores. V gets ultimate arcane power, and screws it all up one way or another.....

And Durkon died in the battle to defeat Roy, but killing his friend gave the reappearance of LG Roy gave the rest of the gang the chance to kill Roy, Belkar doing the final hit fulfilling his prophecy.

Baru
2007-06-28, 10:33 PM
If only.
If not, someone should devise that as an 'alternate ending'.

500 is half way though, right?

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-06-28, 10:55 PM
500 is half way though, right?

Halfway thru 1000, yes. We don't know how long Rich is going to keep making this pure awesomeness of comicitude (yes I made that up). Hopefully forever, or at least into the OotS epic levels =_)

Ganurath
2007-06-28, 11:22 PM
A dramatic look back from the deck of Shinjo's junk for the remaining crew: Haley and Elan having an arm wrapped around the other's waist looking on from the rear of the ship, Lien glances over her shoulder from the steering wheel as Hinjo stands behind her watching his kingdom fade over the horizon. Celia craddle's Roy's corpse, while Durkon performs Heal checks on the disabled Belkar who refuses to let go of V's headband. As the fiery glow begins to fade, Hinjo speaks out loud to his late uncle: "Is it always like this?"

Alysar
2007-06-29, 12:23 AM
500 is when Roy gets returned to his body, after about 20 straight strips of dealing with stuff in the afterlife (including Miko).

Vonriel
2007-06-29, 12:27 AM
Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Well, someone had to say it. :smallamused:

Garland
2007-06-29, 12:30 AM
I always liked Zz'dtri, i'd like to have him back (he was even mentioned not too many strips ago)... Of course, he'd have to be extra-careful to avoid those lawyers...

RobbyPants
2007-06-29, 09:19 AM
Elan should meet his father.

rashambo
2007-06-29, 09:29 AM
Well, I can't say for sure how long this will last, but we always cap our adventures around 15 level or lower. At that point, you have to go off-world to have challenges. I also just happen to think epic-level adventures are boring. When you are nearly god-like in your abilities, there is no more story.

16oz
2007-06-29, 09:45 AM
One thing I would like to see would be the two redshirts still alive, despite all odds.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Belkar dead; the prophet heavily foreshadowed his demise is not too far off, and with how much trouble he is causing during the corpse retrieval.... I also wouldn't be surprised if Belkar activates his Mark of Justice by killing someone inside of Azure City on the way back... in order to save Haley's life (at least with his current attitude towards her; that could change in just the next strip). That's the kind of turn of events I can see happening.

Ganurath
2007-06-29, 01:44 PM
One thing I would like to see would be the two redshirts still alive, despite all odds.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Belkar dead; the prophet heavily foreshadowed his demise is not too far off, and with how much trouble he is causing during the corpse retrieval.... I also wouldn't be surprised if Belkar activates his Mark of Justice by killing someone inside of Azure City on the way back... in order to save Haley's life (at least with his current attitude towards her; that could change in just the next strip). That's the kind of turn of events I can see happening.Minor complication: Belkar hasn't gotten the birthday cake that the Oracle mentioned.

cheesecake
2007-06-30, 06:18 AM
:thog: GET PUPPY THOG GOOD PUPPY DADDY!

but the comes along :mitd: and he eats the puppy!

Woof
2007-06-30, 07:21 AM
Mr. Scruffy.

Setra
2007-06-30, 07:32 AM
Halfway thru 1000, yes. We don't know how long Rich is going to keep making this pure awesomeness of comicitude (yes I made that up). Hopefully forever, or at least into the OotS epic levels =_)
Hmm... 500... presuming the OOTS started at level 7 (The level I imagine they started at, in Strip 1), and presuming they are 14 at 500...

7 levels. In theory they could be level 21 at this rate.

Just a though.

As for what I want to see in strip #500?

Roy gives Miko a tongue lashing, making her truly realize everything she has done wrong, and before she can say anything back, he disappears from the after life, and comes back to life on "earth".

Yeril
2007-06-30, 07:43 AM
I think a splash page of them all leaving the city in ruins on the boat, possibly having to of left Roy belkar and hayley behind, that would make a good short story arc.

Ancalagon
2007-06-30, 08:13 AM
I want a comic that is as cool as the 499 ones before it. That's all.

I also want a comment like the one in #100. :)