PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Magical items for Bard/in general

Hobbo Jim
2016-06-11, 02:08 AM
We are creating 17th level characters for a competitive (not necessarily outright pvp combat, but we aren't friends), and I've decided that I want to make a bard. We are supposed to pick magic items as well, so I was hoping for some insight into what magic items would be good for a bard or just items that are important to have at that level. We get a decent number, but no artifacts. I could potentially get a legendary item at the expense of other items (i.e. have fewer #overall). I'm not set on valor or lore bard yet.

Quintessence
2016-06-11, 05:20 AM
One of the legendary harps would be fantastic and allow you to most likely dominate all your friends.

Page 176 of the DMG

Ollamh Harp

Sir cryosin
2016-06-11, 09:18 AM
Ring of spell storing is all ways nice to have as a spellcaster or anyone really.

Axorfett12
2016-06-11, 11:02 AM
An Ioun Stone of Absorption (Very Rare) will save you so many times if pvp breaks out or if you fight a spellcaster. Could also use a Rod of Absorption (Very Rare)

I'll second the Ollhamh Harp. That thing will save you so many spell lots. You could also pick a Mac-Fuirmidh Cittern (Uncommon) for extra casting of fly and invisibility, plus some handy defensive spells.

A Necklace of Fireballs (Rare) provides you with a way of dealing respectable damage without using spell slots. Also doesn't use attunement.

Pipes of Haunting (Uncommon) also don't use attunement, and allow you to create a fear effect 3 times per day.

TheFlyingCleric
2016-06-12, 01:00 AM
An Ioun stone of mastery (Legendary Attunement item) makes everything better. Anything that involves your proficiency modifier... for a full-casting class with fairly good weapon proficiencies AND expertise? Yes please, bard with +19 to Persuasion checks. With bardic inspiration involved, your skill checks will be truly legendary.