PDA

View Full Version : Uncanny Dodge plus Barbarian Rage or Heavy Armor Master?

171akup
2016-06-11, 03:08 AM
Ok so with the 2 things in the title.

Uncanny Dodge is you half the damage of an attack.

Barbarian Rage is you have resistance on bludgeoning, piercing and slashing.

Does this mean if you are taking 100 points of damage you half it to make it 50 and then again to make it 25?

Heavy Armor Master is you reduce damage from Non Magical weapons by 3.

Also if I had Heavy Armor Master and Uncanny Dodge what would apply first the half the damage and then reduce 3 or reduce 3 and then half the damage? :smallbiggrin:

Calibus
2016-06-11, 03:28 AM
You can't rage with heavy armor.

But yes. You can halve the damage from the discription. Since uncanny dodge is a reaction and rage gives resistance.

171akup
2016-06-11, 03:33 AM
You can't rage with heavy armor.

I never said anything about raging in heavy armor. I typed them up as two different scenarios.

Uncanny Dodge and Barbarian Rage.
and
Uncanny Dodge and Heavy Armor Master.

Also even the title separates the both of them. :smallbiggrin:

Giant2005
2016-06-11, 03:39 AM
Rage and Uncanny Dodge work together exactly like it does in your example.
Heavy Armor Master (and all other modifiers to damage as per PHB page 197), applies before resistance; so 100 damage would be reduced to 97 and then halved to 49 damage.

ClintACK
2016-06-11, 03:49 AM
Does this mean if you are taking 100 points of damage you half it to make it 50 and then again to make it 25?

I'd say so. You can't stack resistance from two sources, but uncanny dodge isn't resistance to damage, it's an effect that reduces damage.

Just like fire resistance and evasion can stack to give you 1/4 damage from Fireball on a failed save.