PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Chaotic_Peace
2008-06-30, 05:24 PM
Hi.
Hello.
Greetings.
Now that the formalities are out of the way I guess I can do anything.
WOOT.
goodbye.

the quinn
2008-06-30, 09:45 PM
Hello, this is my first week actually starting to post, so...
Hello
Greeting
Guten Tag
Mushi-Mushi
Ni-how
Namaste
Bonjour
Welcome
Hola

SoItBegins
2008-07-01, 09:02 PM
Suddenly, the ambient lighting dims and a portal appears, glowing with a silvery light. A few lightning bolts blast out of the portal, earthing themselves harmlessly into the floor. Then suddenly, a dark, shadowy figure steps out of the portal, lit from behind by the silvery glow. The figure bows, and in a deep, melodious voice, says...

"Hello."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-07-01, 11:22 PM
Heh, well done. Alas, I suppose that your name will never make this much sense again. Sadness.

Pero, Estoy mas nuevo! Frick, no upside-down exclamation. Or accents. Or grammar. Stupid laptop. Ah well. I guess that there's always the tried-and-true version of the fake-accent greeting...

'Ello chums!

Mercenary Pen
2008-07-02, 06:16 PM
The name's Mercenary Pen- well, no it's not, but you can call me that anyway- and I decided to join the boards because of the webcomics, but also because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I really don't think I'm selling myself at all well right now, so I'll cut this short here.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-03, 08:20 AM
Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

I hope you all have a happy stay here.

*blatantly quotes Serp's post because it's so fitting for this thread*

Awww, I feel special ^_^ Hi! *waves*
:smalltongue:

Rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1)
Custom avatars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589) or adopting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936).

Questions about the site. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
Check out the Iron Avatarist Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37653) and make all my hard work worthwhile.

And also, please visit the SMBG(Silly Message Board Games) forums for lots of silly fun! When you're at the index, go to the bottom, it should be there.
Structured games are things you have to sign up for, mostly werewolf games. And the town is lots of silly fun, you'l most likely encounter the factions HALO and AMEN there. And tip, if somebody gives you a pie made by Castaras. Never, ever, eat it. Just give it to somebody you don't like and tell that person to have a nice last meal.

Well, I'm cutting it of here, this post is getting to long, but basically :
Follow the rules and have fun!

Kaiyanwang
2008-07-03, 09:34 AM
Found the forum attracted by the awesome webcomic, lurked for a while..
Finally decided to join.

Hello everyone!

j0lt
2008-07-04, 12:15 AM
Hey, I'm a long-time poster over at the WotC boards, but with the deletion of the d20 Modern community, I've decided to find a new home.

Silence
2008-07-04, 12:23 AM
Hello guys.

Remember - V's gender is : unknown :smallwink:

Don't.

Start.

That.

Bad idea....

Anyway, welcome, newcomers!

DoranLiadon
2008-07-04, 01:16 AM
Dia duit all newcomers. Have a spifftacular time!

Shadow
2008-07-04, 02:30 AM
Welcome to all the newcomers!

I haven't checked in on this in a while but.... shouldn't we be on thread 7 now? I mean, we have 76 pages. If we expect new posters to follow the rules, why are we breaking them in the very first thread that we expect them to read?

Just a thought.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-04, 02:36 AM
Also, you must all worship either Echowinds or Shadow.:smalltongue:

Spiryt
2008-07-04, 09:01 AM
Don't.

Start.
That.
Bad idea....
Anyway, welcome, newcomers!

Actually, you started in again, recently :smalltongue: I'm just trying to prevent it. But indeed, with V's gender any attempt at preventing it is just statring it once again.

MADNESS!!!!!

Hello new born playgrounders, of course !

BanjoTheClown
2008-07-04, 10:12 AM
Welcome all New People in the Playground.
:smallsmile:

MorrowindJim
2008-07-04, 09:26 PM
Hello, fellow newbies and veterans of the forum.

I just finished making my avatar (the first avatar I've ever made :smallbiggrin: ), and it came out pretty well for me...

if you cant see the details:

http://www.freewebs.com/morrowindjim/Jimavatar.png

Spiryt
2008-07-05, 10:04 AM
Hello, MorrowindJim!

If this is your first avatar ever... I want one. It completely rules :smallsmile:

Although if I can suggest something, those fangs on the blade should be closer to the guard.

Also something is screwed with avatar sizes - it's all blury.

Welcome to the playground and see the Arts'n'Craft section. You are going to rock this place a bit.

bue52
2008-07-05, 10:51 AM
:smallbiggrin:Hello all, I'm bue52, I'm from Singapore, and I'm hoping to enjoy myself in the forums. By the way, I am planning on trying out dungeons and dragons, its taking me sometime to get the Necessary stuff to play, all thanks to the Order of the Stick.

red-death21
2008-07-05, 02:29 PM
heya im new here but ive been reading oots for almost a year now and it is awesome:smallbiggrin:!
I was introduced to it by my friends and i though i may aswell join the forums and here i am so... HI:tongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-05, 02:47 PM
Hello, MorrowindJim!

If this is your first avatar ever... I want one. It completely rules :smallsmile:

Although if I can suggest something, those fangs on the blade should be closer to the guard.

Welcome to the playground and see the Arts'n'Craft section. You are going to rock this place a bit.
Well you see, Spiryt, when a chainsaw-pickaxe and a sword love eachother very much.....

Shadow
2008-07-05, 02:50 PM
I think it's more a matter of the size of the lines. Were they thicker, they probably wouldn't be "blurry" looking to you.

But well done Jim! For your first, it's impressive! :smallbiggrin:

MorrowindJim
2008-07-05, 05:06 PM
Well you see, Spiryt, when a chainsaw-pickaxe and a sword love eachother very much.....

hahahaha, nice one :smalltongue:

It's actually a godsword from runescape

J Ravenblade
2008-07-06, 01:09 AM
Hello, I just joined. I just wanted to say hello to all the members. Peace out.:smallwink:

Ghostwheel
2008-07-06, 04:58 AM
I Am.

(Well, that was a bit pretentious)

Hello folks, I will try to not muck up this forum.

Where can a guy get a drink around here? :smallcool:

Spiryt
2008-07-06, 06:09 AM
I bid you welcome to your new home!

Drinks are sold separately. :smallwink:

Robert de Bruce
2008-07-06, 11:28 AM
Hello all, I've been reading OOTS for a long time now but only now decided to join the forums

Green
2008-07-06, 12:19 PM
Hello. I'm a new user here for the PbPs. I might post a lot from my friend (Shades of gray)'s computer, so we're NOT the same person.

green

Lord Herman
2008-07-06, 12:44 PM
Naturally. The difference should be quite clear to everyone who isn't using a black-and-white monitor. :smalltongue:

Welcome, all!

silverwind20
2008-07-06, 09:51 PM
blah, blah, blah, hello, blah, blah, blah, I'm new, blah, blah, blah, doom to my enemies, blah, blah, blah (blahsXinfinity)

Tsaya the Red
2008-07-06, 10:25 PM
Hello!

I'm completely new here. I love D&D and I followed my DM here in the hopes of fun, entertainment and great geeky discussions. My username is the name of my current (and favourite) character, as I'm over thinking up cool usernames for all the things that require them.
I'm female, 21, and I live in Australia, which is currently not as warm as one might expect (I hate winter). I also really like the Elder Scrolls games/universe, so if anyone wants to geek out about it I'm very interested.:smallbiggrin:

And now I am off to hunt down my DM.

Phil Lucky Cat
2008-07-06, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone!

I am an enthusiastic reader of OOTS (and have joined relevant support group on facebook :smallbiggrin: ) and am currently barracking for the reunion of Haley and Elan (although, it would be amusing if he got jumped by the halforc ninja)...

I love the excellence/complexity and foreshadowing of the writing and that is what keeps me coming back.

*hugs*

Phil

MajinKirby
2008-07-07, 11:31 PM
YAARGH!! Ahoy, me hearties! Th' name's MajinKirby, but yer be free t' call me Majin, r' whatever th' hell ye want.

....aside from all that pirate talk, HI! I'm new. :smallbiggrin: I'm lovin these OOTS smilies. Anyhoo, I saw that you guys have some sort of D&D setup goin on around here. I'm there. Like RIGHT NOW. =)

So yeah. Hi.

Shooobs
2008-07-08, 01:39 AM
Hello, Shooobs is my name and fun is my game! I'm good friends with Zakama. I can't wait to meet lots of cool people!:smallcool:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-08, 02:09 AM
Hello and welcome new members.
You have nothing to fear! *harvests organs* Oh, that isn't allowed anymore?
Well, almost nothing to fear anyway....

Visit the request thread in the Arts & Crafts section for a unique oots-style avatar!
Visit the SMBG for lots of silly fun!

Toil3T
2008-07-08, 02:44 AM
Hi, I'm the Toil3T. I hail from South Australia, and I've been reading OOTS for a year and a half. I finally joined to play some play-by-post games.

Serpentine
2008-07-08, 03:39 AM
Ooo, where in SA? It's Adelaide, isn't it :smallsigh:

DylanAD
2008-07-08, 10:27 AM
Hey, everyone! I'm Dylan. (Been working on a cool nick for ever. Still haven't found one).
I hail from Cape Town, South Africa. I've been reading Order of the Stick for years, but only joined the forums now. I guess the release of DnD 4e's got me all excited about role-playing again.

What's this I hear about drinks?
Huzzah!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-07-08, 10:34 AM
Drinks? They're made from human blood, stolen from other posters. apples. It's apple juice.

KilltheToy
2008-07-08, 06:53 PM
Hi, I'm yet another new guy. If anyone here already knows me, raise your hand.

Also, I bring this:
http://http://www.enworld.org/Pozas/gallery_main.html

Pretty pictures for everyone!

Toil3T
2008-07-09, 01:03 AM
Adelaide? Close enough. Actually, I live near Elizabeth.

Serpentine
2008-07-09, 02:23 AM
Thought as much. I was hoping it'd be somewhere interesting, like Bordertown or Coober Pedy :smalltongue:

Awesome Person
2008-07-09, 08:53 AM
Hello! I am new! You all shall bow down to me and my 20 Int.!:smallsigh:

Awesome Person
2008-07-09, 09:00 AM
Hello! I am new! You all shall bow down to me and my 20 Int.! First, someone please tell me how to get an avatar with out using the ones provided! No mocking this request with the reference that I have a 20 Int.! :smallsigh:

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-09, 09:07 AM
There's an avatar request thread in the Arts and Crafts section. I hope you lenjoy yourself here.:smallsmile:

Awesome Person
2008-07-09, 04:10 PM
Thank you person.:smallsmile:

vinceherman
2008-07-09, 04:27 PM
Hello all. I have been reading the comic for a while, and enjoying it very much. I finally got caught up the current strip, which took a while limiting myself to only reading a few strips a day.
Looking forward to the next episode!

Lady of Lunatic
2008-07-09, 07:57 PM
Hello I was told i t would be good to add a greeting to this thread so um... hi . GO Order of the stick!

Twice_Deceased
2008-07-10, 02:10 AM
L.O. Everyone!

Mirid
2008-07-10, 11:17 AM
Hi folks!

Resident lurker and newbie dropping in

we3kings
2008-07-10, 02:40 PM
Hi, I'm new.

mangosta71
2008-07-10, 04:24 PM
I have been advised to offer salutations to the group as a whole as I make my first steps into your community. I do so. Never let it be said that I don't follow instructions. Unless I really want to not.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-10, 04:28 PM
Hello and welcome new members! Fill in these and these forms, yes including your blood type. We want to get the organ harvesting right the first time.(Organ harvesting was dis-allowed o.0)

Have fun and follow the rules, visit the Request thread in the Arts & Crafts section for a spunky unique OOTS-style avatar.
Visit the SMBG section for lots of silly fun!

AlexanderRM
2008-07-10, 09:01 PM
Greetings, lesser beings. Do not be alarmed. I'm just a simple Mind Flayer Illthid "Squid Thingy" here to eat your brains, then take over the forums as the first step in rebuilding the ancient empire once I'm full. Nothing to worry about.
(P.S. No "Squid Thingy" emote. :smallfrown:)

Arlynos
2008-07-10, 09:29 PM
Hello Everyone I am just a drow I wont kill you til your not looking :smalltongue:

10:51
2008-07-10, 10:43 PM
::Breaks down the proverbial Ice door to Friendship Happy Writing Time Club::

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK!?!

::Waits for awe and disbelief to wear off, so he may receive his eventual symphonic standing ovation. However, he quickly realizes that his new computer-savvy friendship pals have written enough posts, and read enough crappy fan fiction to be a least moderately familiar with the grand grammatical scheme of the English language!!::

You know that you aren’t suppose to put a ? and a ! together to end a sentence? Don’t You? DON’T YOU!? Stop jugging me with your silence! It’s like you know my understanding of the English language is capricious at best, AND I KNOW I’M NOT SURE WHAT PROVERBIAL MEANS!! I KNOW! I’m never going to be a Friendship Happy Writing Time Club friendship pal now! NEVER!

::Jumps out the clubhouse window to escape this proverbial social frying pan and its awkwardness, but ironically lands in the lava moat 3 stories below::

Zar Peter
2008-07-11, 01:40 AM
Hello all newcomers and welcome to one of the nicest places in the playground.

10:51, may I guide you the way to the SMBG? I think you will have fun there, just obey the three post rule!

(And I didn't really understand your post... are you meaning you like to write in proper english grammar or do you mean you hate english grammar?)

Shadow
2008-07-11, 01:55 AM
Hey Petey!
10 : 51 was being silly, that's all.

And he did it extremely well!
Come and join us!

Just don't eat any pies offered to you by any drow. They're poisoned.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-20, 09:07 AM
Wow, some new people. Welcome Zar Peter and Shadow!:smallbiggrin:
Heheheh.

Have fun at being new here and growing into the community with being here for a longer time then I have and welcoming new people.

deathstalker
2008-07-20, 11:05 AM
Hello.

I am a girl who likes PbP games and a whole lot of other stuff, OOTS included.

:):smallbiggrin:

*waves*

Viruzzo
2008-07-20, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone! I am Italian so should I make any mistakes bear with me.

I also love making terrible puns. Again, bear with me. Or panda with me if you're Chinese. See? Horrible pun and potential offense to 1 billion people all in one. I have to sleep more.

insecure
2008-07-20, 12:20 PM
Welcome to all the new members!:smallsmile:

BlackWidow
2008-07-20, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone.

I discovered OOTS just a couple of weeks ago and basically lost a weekend reading it. I'm a D&D player who began my first faltering steps into the dungeon over 20 years ago (still not grown up then? Never!!)) back in the goold ole days of Second Edition. Anyhoo, thought I'd just pop by and say hello from suprisingly sunny England.

Theodoric
2008-07-20, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone!
My name's Theodoric (which, in a way, is actually my name), and I've decided to join this forum after getting bored enough. I've followed this webcomic for quite a while, and find it to be most entertaining.

I'm also rather more philosophically minded, and as such, don't see the point in people wasting their time arguing with people they don't know about things they can't change. So, bully for you all, as I won't be joining in in one of those silly discussions.

Post scriptum:I'm also Dutch, so one or two mistakes are bound to creep into my writing. I apologise most sincerely.

Nevitan
2008-07-20, 03:41 PM
Hello!
there is done, now anyway hi I've been reading since about the end of the azure city war and finally decided to join the forums. I play D&D 3rd edition and i don't want to go to fourth:smallyuk: so there thats a little about me.

mistformsquirrl
2008-07-21, 01:51 AM
Hello all! <. .>

Lets see... where do I start?

Well, I've been reading OOTS since oh... I'd say about when Miko joined the party... so a fair while really. Been loving it ever since <@_@> (But then I guess that's why we're here eh? <,<)

I've been playing D&D since about the start of 3rd edition; (I was exposed to AD&D through Baldur's Gate and BGII, but for reasons too numerous to explain here, never got the chance to try it 'for real' as it were) - now that 4th is out, I intend to play a little of both, as I see merit in both systems <@-@>

On a personal level, I'm a writer and artist, albeit kinda lapsed at the moment in those areas - hoping to springboard myself back to activity in short order however. I'm also an avid computer gamer, primarily MMOs (currently City of Heroes and Tabula Rasa are my big ones; but I've played so many it'd really be painful to recount em all here <@_@>)

And yes <;_;> I'm afraid I do use these smilies alot <_ _> I can't help it, its a compulsion effect I tell you! Granted, its one I rather like so its not as though I'd really ever want to stop anyway <,<

Oh, and something that may be relevant to some folks here, I'm also a wargamer (Warhammer 40,000, Warhammer Fantasy, and Warmachine); so... yeah... <. .> And thats more about me than you probably will ever care to know! <^_^>;

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-21, 05:51 AM
Welcome BlackWidow, Theodoric, Nevitan and Mistformsquirrl.
To all DnD players, we have message boards which we pretty much play most versions of DnD on I think.

If you feel creative or are a artist or writer or such,(Mistformsquirrl) I recommend that you visit the Arts ´n Crafts section.

To all of you, I recommend the SMBG section for lots of silly fun!:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Post scriptum:I'm also Dutch, so one or two mistakes are bound to creep into my writing. I apologise most sincerely.
Wooh. A fellow Dutchie! Watch out for the next dutch gitp meeting.

Which may come sometime........

(First welcoming post on the page, yay)

Bolomang
2008-07-21, 12:39 PM
Hello all, I am Bolomang, and I have lost many weekends waiting for the next installment of OOTS and Erfworld. I love these gems in the upchuck of webcomics on the internet. I have to say, my favorite character is: :thog:

arguskos
2008-07-21, 04:13 PM
"Uh... hullo?" - Cespenar the Imp

If you get the quote and avvy, then you are a good person, and I shall hug you lots.

In other news, I think this is my "print: hello world!" post (and no, I am not a programmer, that's as much as I can do), so "hello world!"

I've been playing D&D my whole life (literally, I started at the age of 5 with 2nd), and been reading OotS for some time now. I DM, I play, and I'm generally a not incredablly disagreeable fellow, if you're willing to overlook my tendency to be Gygax-ian in DM style (DM v. Players, overly-complex names, etc).

So yeah, guess that's all there is to say. /waves

-argus

Lance_Murdock
2008-07-21, 09:17 PM
Hmm... where to begin. Well I found out about this site from a friend I play D&D with on weekends. He told me about order of the stick, so I thought "I might just look into that & see what it was all about." And I'm pleased to say I wasn't disappointed. But anyway, after looking around the site and reading some of the stuff in the forums, I thought I'd join, seeing I've got too much time on my hands. But yes anyway, hello, how are you and I hope we can be friends. P.S. I wrote this on my PS3.

Lex-Kat
2008-07-22, 03:22 AM
Hello Everyone.:smallsmile:

Slave of Chaos
2008-07-23, 06:41 AM
Hello everyone !!

Love the comic

Rei_Jin
2008-07-23, 09:42 PM
Can a long time gone, but wanting to come back member post here?

Too bad if not, because I'm back!

Hello to all, and I hope to see some old but familiar faces around here

PhoeKun
2008-07-23, 09:44 PM
Can a long time gone, but wanting to come back member post here?

Too bad if not, because I'm back!

Hello to all, and I hope to see some old but familiar faces around here

Oh my goodness, Rei Jin!

Welcome back!

Robanybody
2008-07-23, 10:20 PM
Hi I have been reading OOTS for a few months now but haven't joined the forum so here I am!

Berserk Monk
2008-07-24, 12:35 AM
So, I just joined the forum yesterday, but I've been reading OotS for over a year now. I thought it was about time I get on the forums and share my special brand of wisdom with the world.

shadowxknight
2008-07-24, 01:04 AM
Hi all.
I've been reading OotS since around the 200th issue.
Just recently realized there's a forum.:smallredface:

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-24, 01:07 AM
Hi. What do you mean by "Special brand of Wisdom", Berserk Monk?

Filschi
2008-07-24, 01:45 AM
Hello from Hamburg, Germany.
Nice to be on board.

Zeebiedeebie
2008-07-24, 08:54 AM
Hi. Um... I'm new. Yeah. Someone told me to post here. So... :smallcool:

AWM
2008-07-24, 09:11 AM
:vaarsuvius:

Consider this an introductory statement that reads as follows:

Greeting forum denizens, I wish to publicly announce to the masses my joining of your ranks. I’m greatly anticipating the future theoretical and philosophical discussions that you (the masses) and I will be engaged in. May all of our debates be rooted in “good nature”.

-awm
:smallbiggrin:

Jamshy
2008-07-24, 11:29 AM
Hello guys!
I'm reading the comics more than a year for now.. I like both of them!
I'd be happy to meet here more guys of my "kind".:smallsmile:

Sneak
2008-07-24, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone. I'll try this time.

Syne
2008-07-24, 03:24 PM
In my army-induced stupor I've decided that making a nuisance of myself by registering to this forum might be a good idea.

In other words, hi!

Murska
2008-07-24, 07:23 PM
I've been around the Structured Games subforum mostly for a while now cuz I like playing WW-games but I've read OOTS for a while and Erf for an almost exactly as long a while so I decided to pop out of refreshing the Structured Games page every 5 minutes and say my 'Hello everybody!' to everyone here. So, without further ado:

Hello everybody! :smallwink:

nuric
2008-07-24, 07:52 PM
Love the comic! I feel like i'm watching my best friends play D&D. I'm a very low tech person, but I'm looking forward to checking out the forums of one of my favorite comics.

jasperjones
2008-07-25, 10:23 PM
Been lurking in the forums for so long, finally got around to registering so I can speculate madly along with other people about comics and what not.

Hmm..eh thats all for now 8]

Rin Morigen
2008-07-26, 10:50 AM
Hello!I'm new to the forums and I hope well have fun together.:smallbiggrin:

MrEdwardNigma
2008-07-26, 11:45 AM
Well, welcome to all you new members (except Murska, who isn't new but welcome as well).

Have fun here!
It's hard not to.

lifegospel
2008-07-26, 12:50 PM
'Ello, I'm Lifegospel, LG or life for short, and I am an OOTS addict, :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-26, 02:00 PM
Hello, I´m not new(I think I´ve grown past that stage. :smallcool:), so welcome all new members! Please follow the rules and have lots of fun!

*steals cookies*

NOM NOM NOM.

V : Welcome, though we´re natively nice people.... Orso it appears to most newlings....

awesomemcninja
2008-07-26, 03:18 PM
hi im mcninja and i just joined so be nice to me

Dirt
2008-07-27, 06:23 PM
OOTS rocks! me and all my roommates love this webcomic! um...yeah! and stuff.
:smallannoyed:

amysvoice
2008-07-28, 12:59 AM
Hello, good people! I actually joined about a month ago, but have only just (with the help of a dear friend!) dragged my iBook out of the stone age...

I found out about this delightfulness while at a recent anime event in Michigan, where we got onto the subject of gaming, one of the gang mentioned OOTS, and then a bunch of us stayed up reading it until 4 am!

Looking forward to getting to know everybody!

>^_^<

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-28, 05:06 AM
Welcome everybody!

Head over to the Arts ´n Crafts section for a custom OOTS style avatar or if you are an artist or such!

Head over to the SMBG for lots of silly fun! In fact, just go there!

Follow the rules and have fun!

Ragabash
2008-07-28, 07:29 AM
Hello everyone!

I finally got around to joining the forum after meaning to for a while. I'm sure I'll be posting in a few topics soon enough, so you'll get to know me better there.

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-28, 07:31 AM
I tend to use other posts to let people get to know me as well (I can never think of interresting things to say in "welcome to new members" threads when I first join forums).

gatewhatgate
2008-07-28, 01:54 PM
Hello!

Just want to say hi (well, hello) and that I'm glad to be here :smallsmile:

All the best wishes from Denmark!:smallsmile:

Military Man
2008-07-28, 05:37 PM
I'm glad to be part of the OOTS community

:xykon: "I think I just had an evilgasm." :xykon:

Haleyintraining
2008-07-28, 05:41 PM
I'm glad to be part of the OOTS community

:xykon: "I think I just had an evilgasm." :xykon:

Hello. I hope you have a great time posting. Check out the O-Chul VS Redcloak poll in the Oots forum and vote for your favourite! There are plenty of other polls too, like The Sticks Awards.

Haruki-kun
2008-07-28, 05:42 PM
Hi! Welcome to the Playground!

Allow me to direct you to the Avatar Adoption Center (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936) in case you want to adopt an Avatar, or to the Avatar Request Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589) if you want to ask for a custom-made one.

Also, check out Random Banter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84914) if you just want to hang around and talk.

Again, welcome!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-07-28, 08:57 PM
Haruki just summed that up pretty well. Just remember, hail me as your Lord of Emperor, and everything will be just fine. Lord Emperor of Bangledesh, of course!

mizzim
2008-07-29, 11:55 AM
um..... how do i use a custom avvie?

Haruki-kun
2008-07-29, 08:57 PM
um..... how do i use a custom avvie?

Allow me to help you.

Take a look at this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80781)

alfredbester
2008-07-29, 09:08 PM
Hello, forum!

I've played DnD since basic set and love Oots! Although I have a hard time remembering the plot and characters. But in related news, that's why I DM! Muahahaha

Otherwise just your typical bored obese married male full time game developer. :smallannoyed:

edit: Can't forget obese! High five!

Sneak
2008-07-29, 10:12 PM
High five, alfredbester! Welcome! And welcome to everyone else!

High fives all around!

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-30, 01:01 AM
alfredbester, are you sure those are the best characteristics for a DM?:smalltongue: On the bright side, unless you're Roy Greenhilt, you can at least check back over the archives. I hope youenjoy it here.

ChickenDancer
2008-07-30, 02:39 AM
I just discovered OOTS like a week ago and have read every single word on this site... well except the forum stuff, I just joined it and there's a lot of random stuffs on here that I'm not sure I have the courage to read.

Anyways. HI!

Sneak
2008-07-30, 07:13 AM
HI! And yeah, there is a lot of...random stuff. I would stay away from the shipping thread, if I were you. That stuff is scary.

Anyway, have a good time in the playground. Just remember to stay off the swingset—that's my turf. :smalltongue:

draco567
2008-07-30, 10:30 AM
Anyway, have a good time in the playground. Just remember to stay off the swingset—that's my turf. :smalltongue:

My first day here, and already a bully :smalleek:

:tongue:

Gem Flower
2008-07-30, 10:33 AM
Hmm, did I post here when I first started? Oh well, whatever. To all of our newest Playground members, bienvenue!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-30, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the playground. Follow the rules and have fun.

The rules include that the slide is my turf and that all cookies are mine... NOM NOM NOM. :smalltongue:

ChickenDancer
2008-07-30, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the playground. Follow the rules and have fun.

The rules include that the slide is my turf and that all cookies are mine... NOM NOM NOM. :smalltongue:

I can't go near cookies without a cookie monster like you stealing them... Thats why I'm a muffin man!

alfredbester
2008-07-31, 02:13 AM
*shakes many hands* Yes yes, I'm probably not the best DM in the world, but I'm all we've got. :)

I've had problems with reading comprehension a lot, but I've been reviewing the archives. Definitely part of the reason is that while the Oots story continues from strip to strip, it's challenging to keep the grand picture in check when you only get a few strips a week. I need to deprive myself for a few months at a time, somehow, and read them all at once. Or reread. Whichever.

<-- I'm a tentacular thing!!

Nice to meetchu.

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-31, 02:20 AM
That sounds annoying. :smallfrown: Sadly, I don't know if Reiki would help with that or not.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-31, 08:48 AM
I can't go near cookies without a cookie monster like you stealing them... Thats why I'm a muffin man!
You´re fine with muffins. As long as you don´t go near the cat-muffins. Jibar already claimed those.:smalltongue:

EndlessWrath
2008-07-31, 09:12 AM
Aloha dudez and dudettes.... no I'm jk.

I joined a few weeks ago but I forgot to stop by here, so I figure I should say hey.

Hey

there I said it! In your face Trebek!

laylowmoe
2008-07-31, 10:32 AM
(waves)

Hi all.

:smallsmile:

Dogmantra
2008-07-31, 01:41 PM
Hello.

That is all.

Sneak
2008-07-31, 01:45 PM
Welcome, everyone!

Except you. Yeah, you. You know who you are. You know what you did.

But to everyone else, welcome! Enjoy your stay in the playground! The emergency exits are in the back, to the left, and to the right. They are marked by lit up signs. In case of an emergency, please walk (do not run) to the nearest exit.

Thank you, and enjoy your stay.

Tzor
2008-07-31, 03:26 PM
Hi.

I used to be here, and then I stoped commng, but now I am back.

Taekwondodo
2008-08-01, 06:50 AM
Hi new member! Also checking that my avatar works properly:smalleek: anywho... came to this comic from Bob and George the comic and have been pleasantly surprised so far, keep up the good work!

Darn it's blurry:smallmad::smallannoyed:...:smallsigh: can't be bothered changing it. Actually just made smaller.

Oxygen
2008-08-01, 02:31 PM
Heloooo playground! Oxygen has entered the forum. :smallcool:

Zar Peter
2008-08-01, 03:36 PM
At last! The air here was getting thicker and thicker...:smallbiggrin:

Welcome to the playground to all newcomers! Beware of the SMBG, real insanitiy is going on there.

I have to go back and look how much insanity now...

Moff Chumley
2008-08-01, 08:53 PM
Heloooo playground! Oxygen has entered the forum. :smallcool:

Welcome the playground, Oxygen.

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-02, 12:27 AM
I've never heard of Bob and George, Taekwondodo. Is it any good? Your avatar looks fine to me.

Taekwondodo
2008-08-02, 01:57 PM
I've never heard of Bob and George, Taekwondodo. Is it any good? Your avatar looks fine to me.

NEVER HEARD OF BOB AND GEORGE!!!
Ahem sorry yes is very good (well i think so and thats what counts) can be found at www.bobandgeorge.com It is a sprite based comic that parodies megaman games but no background needed (never played them). The comic itself has finished but you can read through it and the writer is adding "blurbs" to each one.

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-02, 02:22 PM
Thanks for telling me. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Noremak
2008-08-02, 08:29 PM
Well, I finally made myself an account and I'm glad to be on the playground.

SharpDressedMan
2008-08-02, 10:10 PM
Greetings Giant ITP! I come from the world of cotton candy and the women who wear it as a fashoin!...lol okay hello members and I love your comic in all seriousness. Impressive stuff and I pray it never ceases to amaze and greatly amuse me. Good Job!:smallbiggrin:

Noremak
2008-08-02, 10:31 PM
and now i have a snazzy picture.
edit: or not

The Bushranger
2008-08-03, 12:04 AM
Greetings everyone!

These are Da Rulz:
Please check your sanity at the door.
Beware the SMBG.
Don't feed FoE.
Remember Rule One.

That is all.

Taekwondodo
2008-08-03, 07:15 AM
Yeah I've already said hi but i don't post very often and i just got an egg so i was wondering if people would click it? it's in my sig, thanks.

Hecateus
2008-08-04, 12:52 AM
Eggs need love!

Anyway, this is my first post. And not my last I warn you! :smallwink:

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-04, 12:55 AM
Hi. To be fair, joining a forum and only making one post would be slightly pointless.:smalltongue: I hope you enjoy it here.

coracleboat
2008-08-04, 01:21 AM
I have been lurking on these forums on-off for over a year, but I am awfully bored right now, so I finally signed up. I don't usually do online forums much, but I am seriously bored. So!

Yeah.

Sneak
2008-08-04, 01:24 AM
I have been lurking on these forums on-off for over a year, but I am awfully bored right now, so I finally signed up. I don't usually do online forums much, but I am seriously bored. So!

Yeah.

Welcome! I'm bored too!

Welcome! :smalltongue:

coracleboat
2008-08-04, 01:41 AM
Welcome! I'm bored too!

Welcome! :smalltongue:

I know your avatar o_O Is it a coincidence, or are you a moderator on the Bethesda forums?

Squeejee
2008-08-04, 05:00 AM
There's only been 6? Ah well, hello people -- those I do-and-don't know (mostly the latter.)

Huh, I thought of something to say here, but I lost it...oh well! Onto Quantum Physics 101! Or, you know, that thing they do on the internet, whatever.

A comprehensive study of a society without face-to-face contact.

Slamexo
2008-08-04, 06:21 AM
Howdy there, Slamexo here :smallsmile: long time reader, short time forum registerer. Came here after getting myself the adventure game in search of Belkar tips (to no luck though :smallannoyed:) and ended up signing on. So, howdy!

*Points to avatar*

I made me an avatar :smallbiggrin:

Tis kinda bad, but hey, I tried!

Sneak
2008-08-04, 07:13 AM
I know your avatar o_O Is it a coincidence, or are you a moderator on the Bethesda forums?

Well, I would say no, but there are some mornings that I wake up feeling suspiciously tired, so I can't really say. :smalltongue:

As for why you recognize my avatar, it's probably just this (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigcat.htm), the image that I shamelessly copied to make my avatar.

coracleboat
2008-08-04, 08:34 AM
Well, I would say no, but there are some mornings that I wake up feeling suspiciously tired, so I can't really say. :smalltongue:

As for why you recognize my avatar, it's probably just this (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigcat.htm), the image that I shamelessly copied to make my avatar.

Okay! That would have been really weird. Well, not really, it's a small internet, but still.

Jigsaw Forte
2008-08-04, 08:23 PM
Hi! I'm Jigsaw. I've been reading since... approximately the end of the Azure City arc (but I got caught up FAST!) and finally decided to get an account here.

I couldn't find where all the custom av's were coming from, so I figured out how to whip up one of my own. I'm nifty about my art like that. (Also, anything that teaches me how to use Illustrator more, the better, right?)

I have a webcomic of my own, Last Resort (http://www.lastres0rt.com), though it's more sci-fi and stuff than D&D fare. :smalltongue:

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-05, 01:14 AM
That avatar is quite good. What exactly is it, though? There a "Request OotS-style avatar thread in the Arts and Crafts section.

InABanana
2008-08-05, 01:34 AM
Hey guys! I am new here. I have requested an avatar and its in the right thread just if anyone wants to make it for me.

Jigsaw Forte
2008-08-05, 01:35 PM
That avatar is quite good. What exactly is it, though?

Just my Fursona. (I was working based off of this outfit (http://www.lastres0rt.com/archive.php?arch=comics&page=80).)

Actually, I should've made her a little shorter to be consistant, but eh ...

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-06, 12:49 PM
Thanks for telling me (I'm not sure what kind of creature it is, though). I'm guessing it's a cat, right? (I'm sorry if I'm needlessly confused about it).

Lossarim
2008-08-06, 04:34 PM
Hail and well met playground!

Grokvar
2008-08-06, 04:38 PM
Hey, everybody!

Jigsaw Forte
2008-08-06, 05:37 PM
Thanks for telling me (I'm not sure what kind of creature it is, though). I'm guessing it's a cat, right? (I'm sorry if I'm needlessly confused about it).

Close enough. Feline / Marsupial (and an alien to boot, but who's counting?)

And Hello Lossarim and Grokvar!

Mrs Banjo
2008-08-07, 04:15 AM
hello,
im new :smallbiggrin:
im banjo1985 fiance, and have followed the game and comics with him.
i apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes im dyslexic.

so hi everybody, i look forward to chatting with you all

banjo1985
2008-08-07, 04:17 AM
Who are you again.....:smallconfused:

Don't listen to her! She's lying! She just wants to redistribute your wealth!

:tongue:

Shadow
2008-08-07, 04:18 AM
Yays!
Now we have LadyMeyers and Mrs Banjo!

Nice to meetcha! Don't believe anything you hear about me.... :smallamused:

Right this way (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34) to where we all hang out.

Mrs Banjo
2008-08-07, 04:37 AM
hay banjo thats a great t-shirt i love it
and thank you shadow for being so welcoming.

ok, ill only believe the good bits :smallwink:

Zar Peter
2008-08-07, 08:52 AM
Thank goodness my wife never signs up here... I need the computer for me alone! :smallbiggrin:

And welcome Mrs Banjo and all the other newcomers, you can find me when you click Shadows link!

Shadow
2008-08-07, 12:09 PM
ok, ill only believe the good bits :smallwink:
I would advise against believing those as well.

InksGuy
2008-08-07, 12:38 PM
Hello, apparently I am InksGuy. So said Jibar (who really, honestly does have a real life :smallwink:), who has been pestering me to get on these forums for a good 4 years now. And here I am.

Have been reading OOTS since around about... probably about strip 200, but have previously declined to poke my nose in around here. Previously.

Anyway, hello, all. I hope I can be of some use :smalltongue:.

Sneak
2008-08-07, 01:32 PM
Hello, apparently I am InksGuy. So said Jibar (who really, honestly does have a real life :smallwink:), who has been pestering me to get on these forums for a good 4 years now. And here I am.

Have been reading OOTS since around about... probably about strip 200, but have previously declined to poke my nose in around here. Previously.

Anyway, hello, all. I hope I can be of some use :smalltongue:.

Oh, we can always find lots of creative uses for good meat. I mean, uh. Good people. Yeah.

Welcome to the boards, anyway. :smalltongue:

Nevitan
2008-08-07, 03:53 PM
Hello new members!
also I have noticed that the current greeters are named "sneak" and "shadow" so I'm just here to warn the newcomers to watch there coin purses...:smallconfused:

Sneak
2008-08-07, 04:18 PM
Hello new members!
also I have noticed that the current greeters are named "sneak" and "shadow" so I'm just here to warn the newcomers to watch there coin purses...:smallconfused:

Hey, I resent that! I'm perfectly trustworthy!
*steals coin purse*
And here's another tip for all the newcomers: watch out for that sneaky white text.

TRM
2008-08-07, 07:31 PM
Hello new members!
Welcome! I like your signature! :smallsmile:

*uses angelic grace to steal unsuspecting coin purse*

Nevitan
2008-08-07, 07:38 PM
Hmmm, well I guess a liar couldn't possibly be perfectly trustworthy... so I suppose you check... AWW CRAP its gone!... that means.. someone over on the silly message boards took it:smallfurious: GAA!
they even got the secret one I keep in the bottom of my quiver!!!

Mr. Mud
2008-08-07, 07:39 PM
What? Sneak? Stealing? That preposterous. Sneak, lets hit him over the head before he warns others!! :smallamused:

EmeraldRose
2008-08-07, 07:45 PM
Welcome to all those who are new, and for those who are not-shame on you for taking advantage of the new people! :smallannoyed: You need to let them at least get their feet wet before taking all their earthly belongings. I mean seriously, wait until the get sucked into SMBGs :smallcool: *steals the coins from those who stole them*

Unique
2008-08-08, 03:58 AM
Okay... dees ees deeferent....
Humm... Well, I'm Unique.
Which is invariably true of everyone.
I'm from Thataway, I'm 19...

I'm mostly here to see if I want to be here.
The forum seems to run a little different from most of the other forums I'm a member of, but that's okay, I'm a smart cookie, I can figure it out.
I'm also up waaay late right now.
As a result, this and other posts I make tonight may be slightly nonsensical.
This is okay.

Anydoodles, three questions:
1: Where do I get one of those nifty OOTS style avatars?
2: In an RP thread here, is it absolutely necessary to do dialogue in a different color?
3: Do you have to be well-known or something to start one? I've always got ideas bouncing around the back of my head.

Lord Herman
2008-08-08, 04:17 AM
Welcome!

Anydoodles, three questions:
1: Where do I get one of those nifty OOTS style avatars?

In the Arts and Crafts forum, there's an avatar request thread. Alternatively, you can look for an avatarist whose work you like, and send them a PM to request an avatar (if they're accepting requests, that is).

2: In an RP thread here, is it absolutely necessary to do dialogue in a different color?

Depends on the thread. I believe it's expected in The Town, but in Play-by-Post games it depends on the GM.

3: Do you have to be well-known or something to start one? I've always got ideas bouncing around the back of my head.

No, you don't need to be well known. We don't do elitism and 'noob bashing' on these boards - post count, join date, none of that is important here. So go right ahead, start a thread!

Unique
2008-08-08, 04:23 AM
Welcome!

In the Arts and Crafts forum, there's an avatar request thread. Alternatively, you can look for an avatarist whose work you like, and send them a PM to request an avatar (if they're accepting requests, that is).

Any recommendations?

Depends on the thread. I believe it's expected in The Town, but in Play-by-Post games it depends on the GM.

I do a lot of online RP-ing, so if I participate in one here, it'll likely be one I started.

No, you don't need to be well known. We don't do elitism and 'noob bashing' on these boards - post count, join date, none of that is important here. So go right ahead, start a thread!Schweet. I'll lurk around that forum for awhile and see what the style is like. GitP looks significantly diferent from VX, so I'll need to adapt a few things.

Mordokai
2008-08-08, 04:26 AM
Yays!
Now we have LadyMeyers and Mrs Banjo!

Nice to meetcha! Don't believe anything you hear about me.... :smallamused:

Right this way (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34) to where we all hang out.

Oooooooh, this is either going to be funny or painful for me. Painfully funny? Fainfully punny? :smalleek: Jeez, looking forward to it! Glad to have both you ladies here!

Welcome to every other new member as well, have fun!

*bashes Herman*

What? You're not n00b, I can bash you! :smalltongue:

Nychta
2008-08-08, 04:28 AM
Welcome, Mrs. Banjo! I think I've seen Lady Meyers around in SMBG somewhere already, but you're definitely new :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2008-08-08, 09:26 AM
Any recommendations?

Well, Dr. Bath is a great avatarist. Doihaveaname? is very good too, but I'm not sure if he's taking requests at the moment.

There are many others - most people note the person who made their avatar in their signature, so you can just browse around and see what avatars you like.

Shadow
2008-08-08, 09:41 AM
I'm from Thataway, We're neighbors!
I'm from Overthere!

Welcome Neighbor! :smallwink:

Unique
2008-08-08, 11:32 AM
I seem to have found a charitably inclined artist willing to help. Thank you for the reccomendation.

Dihan
2008-08-08, 12:39 PM
Well, Dr. Bath is a great avatarist. Doihaveaname? is very good too, but I'm not sure if he's taking requests at the moment.

There are many others - most people note the person who made their avatar in their signature, so you can just browse around and see what avatars you like.

I got a mention? No one has ever done that before!

Thanks for the ego boost. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, welcome to all of the new people. You've joined just in time for Mistaken Identity Week. Have fun. :smallamused:

Phase
2008-08-08, 12:41 PM
Hello all new members! Feel free to do the following!

Give Phase money!
Worship Phase!
Have fun!
Be nice!
Be smart!
Learn to make connections between avatars and the people who use them! Seriously!

Unique
2008-08-08, 04:29 PM
I noticed the thread, so I'm identifying others by name, or trying to.

Griever
2008-08-08, 07:44 PM
Hello all new members! Feel free to do the following!

Give Phase money!
Worship Phase!
Have fun!
Be nice!
Be smart!
Learn to make connections between avatars and the people who use them! Seriously!

Pay no attention to this imposter, I am Phase.

You know the ocean and air currents which allow life to exist on Earth?
You know the 7.3477×10^22 kg spherical entity that plays blocker to astroids for the Earth?

Yeah, that's me, you're welcome.

pman.512
2008-08-09, 05:21 AM
:smallwink: hi I'm new here and I'd just like tooo thank all of the welcomers and giant in the playground staff.

Spiryt
2008-08-09, 07:27 AM
Thank? We haven't done anything nice to you yet.

And we won't ever. :smallamused: Buahaaha!

In language of more normal people it means:

Welcome pman !

Have fun here, check SillyMesageGames.

And remember : nothing is what it seems here. At least now...

AkazilliaDeNaro
2008-08-09, 10:05 AM
hi I'm new and have been new for the past 4 hours.
I started reading OOTS about when roy died.

Ok soo uuhh :smalleek:

DONTEATME!!

(cowers in corner sucking on thumb)

Lord Herman
2008-08-09, 10:48 AM
hi I'm new and have been new for the past 4 hours.
I started reading OOTS about when roy died.

Ok soo uuhh :smalleek:

DONTEATME!!

(cowers in corner sucking on thumb)

*CHOMP*

Oh, sorry, couln't help myself. Delicious pixies! :smalltongue:

Welcome to the boards, and enjoy yourself!

ColonelFuster
2008-08-09, 06:07 PM
Don't worry, I won't eat you. I'm an a low-pixie diet.
But it has been a while..
MMMMM....

Oh. Don't worry, I was just admiring the shape of your skull.

Tobi_goodboy
2008-08-10, 02:01 PM
hello everyone, im Tobi. nice to meet you all.

zeratul
2008-08-10, 03:33 PM
Welcome welcome new people from across the internet, here are some basic guidelines

1. First rule of giant in the playground forums is don't talk about giant in the playground forums

2.Feel free to bask in my magnificence, but no more than once a day, otherwise the shine rubs off.

3. wash your own god damn dishes!

4. and lastly KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

being nice to other playgrounders, listening to the mods, and being awesome are also things that you should do.:smallwink:

Piggyebil
2008-08-10, 07:51 PM
Hi peeps. I'm Piggyebil.

Groundhog
2008-08-10, 10:53 PM
Hello! Nice to meet you!

Guran
2008-08-11, 06:36 AM
Hey everyone, it appears I'm Guran. Wannabe fantasy writer and selfproclaimed insane genious since dawn of time.
I've been reading OOTS for a long time and it still makes me laugh, so I thought: lets go to the forums for a change.

koutalied
2008-08-11, 12:55 PM
hello i found this place form one of my best mates who say it is a great pelace to make friends i cant wait to do so you all seem like a very likeable bunch neway hello

ColonelFuster
2008-08-11, 01:38 PM
Hello all! Let me be the first to personally introduce you to these forums! PM me with questions if ya need anything! Vote Colonel!

Feverdream
2008-08-11, 01:55 PM
Salutations.

Long time lurker and reader of OotS. I enjoy the comic and I also adore Erfworld. I hope to be active in the forums. I may need some constant prodding, though.

Thank you!

Qrod
2008-08-11, 05:42 PM
Hi, I'm new and I like OOTS. Aww Yeahhhh.

Spiryt
2008-08-11, 06:17 PM
Welcome people!

Remember to check Silly Message Board Games for fun, which is... um.... silly, that's right.

Also

* prods Feverdream with pointy sword *

That's good? :smallwink:

Feverdream
2008-08-11, 07:16 PM
Welcome people!

Remember to check Silly Message Board Games for fun, which is... um.... silly, that's right.

Also

* prods Feverdream with pointy sword *

That's good? :smallwink:
Ow! Quit it.

I suppose that'll do. One of the things I wanted to do was to post a homebrew campaign world to seek advice for, and possibly run as a play-by-post here in the Games forums, but I don't know really which forum to post the campaign ideas on. The last thing I want is a GitP forum veteran go on a rant about "Why do people always post this crap in here? It doesn't belong in THIS forum! GOSH!" :)

Thank you for the welcome!

DraPrime
2008-08-11, 07:18 PM
Ow! Quit it.

I suppose that'll do. One of the things I wanted to do was to post a homebrew campaign world to seek advice for, and possibly run as a play-by-post here in the Games forums, but I don't know really which forum to post the campaign ideas on. The last thing I want is a GitP forum veteran go on a rant about "Why do people always post this crap in here? It doesn't belong in THIS forum! GOSH!" :)

Thank you for the welcome!

Your campaign ideas would go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30), just so you know.

Feverdream
2008-08-11, 08:04 PM
Your campaign ideas would go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30), just so you know.

Not to keep this thread going, save for introductions, but thank you very much. Still don't know if I want to post it, but hell, might as well, now. Again, thank you.

postman
2008-08-11, 08:25 PM
Hi, I'm the Postman.

I always deliver.

Teehee.

Sluijs_br
2008-08-11, 08:29 PM
Hello, just joined... so well.... not much to say:smallannoyed:oh well.... I do some homebrews now and then, take part in a few rps... and write fan-fic, but that it's it, unfortunatly. But hello anyway

Zaphrasz
2008-08-12, 09:15 AM
Greetings, Playgrounders. This being my first post, I had hoped it would contain some insight into the workings of the universe, the meaning of life, or something equally important. Perhaps that was a bit pretentious of me.

elf dude
2008-08-12, 03:17 PM
hello people. I thought i should post something hear to greet the people who frequent these forums. so yeah, hi everyone.

P.S. sorry for misspelling anything i might have misspelled in that sentance.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-08-12, 03:39 PM
Greeting and salutations. PM me if you have a question.
Also, ELVES ROCK!

Thank you.

Zar Peter
2008-08-12, 03:40 PM
Hello all newcomers, enjoy your staying here, post where you want but... beware of the SMBG! Don't press the link, if you do this you are doomed! You will be sucked into the realms of the internet and never, ever come out again!

And we have some cool Werewolf games there...

Hello, just joined... so well.... not much to say:smallannoyed:oh well.... I do some homebrews now and then, take part in a few rps... and write fan-fic, but that it's it, unfortunatly. But hello anyway

If you write fan-fic I think this is a place you should observe: Linky :smallbiggrin:

Ultima
2008-08-12, 06:47 PM
Once again, I find myself stumbling into a forum among the vast "intrawebz."

Anyway, hi, people. I'm Stryker Z- or am I Ultima? Regardless, I am here to be (hopefully) accepted into apprenticeship as a D&D newb. I know quite a bit, but not quite enough to actually play yet. I plan on actually reading the books soon, but it's hard to find free time to do that.

Anyway, here I am.

Sneak
2008-08-12, 07:00 PM
Once again, I find myself stumbling into a forum among the vast "intrawebz."

Anyway, hi, people. I'm Stryker Z- or am I Ultima? Regardless, I am here to be (hopefully) accepted into apprenticeship as a D&D newb. I know quite a bit, but not quite enough to actually play yet. I plan on actually reading the books soon, but it's hard to find free time to do that.

Anyway, here I am.

Don't worry about it. I've never played a game of DnD in my life, or read any DnD books, but everyone loves me anyway. Right guys?

Guys?

Hello?

Errr....

I'm sure you'll be fine. :smalltongue: Anyway, in all seriousness, welcome to the playground. I hope you enjoy your stay. :smallsmile:

(And that goes for all of you new people.)

plover
2008-08-12, 10:06 PM
And lo!

There was born in the forums wherein the Giant plays... a plover, who awoke from slumber with mysterious memories of countless hours spent playing text adventures and terrible halitosis.

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-13, 09:13 AM
Which website was that, Plover? Also, what did you mean about a Giant playing a plover?

Zar Peter
2008-08-13, 10:10 AM
Which website was that, Plover? Also, what did you mean about a Giant playing a plover?

Erm... Tempest, I think the forums wherein the giants plays is meant to be the Giant in the Playground Forums... and we have now a Plover amoungst us.

Hello Plover, hope you enjoy your stay here!

plover
2008-08-13, 12:23 PM

Haha! My cunning use of ambiguous verb/noun combinations is once again wreaking its terrible havoc! Unless that was sarcasm, against which I (as yet) have no defences. :smallfrown:

And thanks muchly, Zar Peter, for your kind words. :smallcool:

Diddgery
2008-08-13, 05:18 PM
Oh, didn't see this thread until now. Um.

I go by Diddgery, if that hasn't been made abundantly clear by simply looking at my username. I joined because I am a fan of The Order of the Stick, but I also decided I could talk about other things. Like gaming! Whenever my group is able to get together and start it up, that is...

I hang out all sorts of places around the internet, but the only ones that I think would be easily recognized are Starmen.net and TV Tropes (especially the latter.. a lot of you guys seem to really like that place). I'm usually more of the lurker-type, so I can't guarantee I'll post all that much.

So yeah. Hi.

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-14, 12:35 AM
Thanks, Plover (I was genuinly confused rather then expressing sarcasm to be honest). Diddgery, have you considered using IM or chat rooms for games? They could be easier as far as getting together goes if people in your group have to travel a fair bit to meet up.

8ronte
2008-08-14, 06:06 AM
8ronte wishes to inform you that she is new to Giant in the PlayGround and that she likes dragons and reqests that you click on them.
8ronte also wants you to know that she is a OOTS fan who anxiously awaits further news of the character's zany adventures.
:mitd:

Lord Mika
2008-08-14, 11:17 AM
HELLO AND GOOD MORNING

I am Lord Mika and I ... cough coug cough.. hhm anyway morning and hello everybody.:smallsmile:

Zanzabarb
2008-08-15, 05:26 AM
Hi All!

I'm not a *new* member exactly. I created this account ages ago and my last visit was apparently on Dec. 31st 1969. Which is incredible seeing as I wasn't born yet. I'm looking to get involved in some RPGing.

I've D&Ded a bit (2nd and 3rd eds.)
I've done a lot of GMing for Rifts in my younger days.
I really want to be involved in a Call of Cthulhu game even though I've never played with that system I just love Lovecraft.

I don't have any of my books with me as I'm living overseas for a year, so I'm looking for some PDFs.

Hope to see you on the Playground!
:smallbiggrin:

The_King_of_Durf
2008-08-15, 08:15 AM
I'm not so much new, as back from a long hiatus. I'm still a bit disoriented, but I might join a pbp game.

Gem Flower
2008-08-15, 08:16 AM
Hello, various new people!:smallbiggrin: Welcome to the Playground!

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-15, 09:00 AM
Zanzabarb, I know there's 1 person on here who likes Call of Cthulu (I'll try to put them in contact with you when I next see them).

BanjoTheClown
2008-08-15, 01:16 PM
Welcome Everyone. :smallsmile:

Xeava
2008-08-15, 07:48 PM
Welcome all new comers!

UnChosenOne
2008-08-16, 08:24 AM
Hello everybody.

Well at 1st. I'm extremy sorry about my bad english but i do understand better than my second motherlaguance.

DracoDruid
2008-08-17, 08:40 AM
Hi and greetings from Hamburg, Germany.

My name is Sam and I am an all-time-hobby-system-dabbler.
I am 26 and student of environmental engineering.

Right now, I am dabbling on my (nearly) live-long project of a heavily reworked D&D.
I grew up with AD&D 2nd and my very heart still belongs to it.
As 3rd Edition came out, I denied it at first, but it's streamlined rules were quite attractive finally.
But the more I played 3rd Edition the more I missed the "old-fashioned" feeling of the old edition. 3E was streamlined and simplified but became clean and sterile too. Furthermore, each and everything got focused on combat and that's just sad and poor.

Well, enough sentimental talk and back to work.

Good day and till soon.

Sam
2008-08-19, 01:16 AM
I have come for the Dominic Deegan thread... but while I was reading it, it leaped two more threads! So things go...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 09:09 AM
Hello, various new people!:smallbiggrin: Welcome to the Playground!
Seconded and Quoted For Truth.(QFT to be short)
It very precisely describes my feelings for this thread and what I wanted to say here.

Thenks Gem.:smallwink:

indieplaywrite
2008-08-19, 04:26 PM
Howdy, all! I'm Luna.

JerichoPenumbra
2008-08-19, 05:17 PM
Hello everybody, I got my name from my favorite character Jericho.

Occasional Sage
2008-08-19, 05:19 PM
Hiya, Jericho and Luna!

Luna, your avatar... is that a scene from Psyche?

indieplaywrite
2008-08-19, 08:44 PM
Why yes it is! It's my favorite television show.

KerfuffleMach2
2008-08-19, 09:47 PM
Well, I'm not really a new member. I just haven't been to this forum since, what, February? Something like that. Just wanted to let people know that I'm back, and I'll be posting on a semi-regular basis again.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-08-19, 09:49 PM
Hello to all new folk. PM me if you have a question. :smallsmile:

Fnip the Psion
2008-08-20, 02:17 PM
Hi peoples!

Fnip the Psion
2008-08-20, 02:20 PM
Hi everybody I'm new:smallsmile:

_Roxy_
2008-08-21, 01:46 AM
Hi everyone! It's nice to meet you! I'm Roxy.

KingRexII
2008-08-21, 09:01 AM
Hello! er... Hello, again! After a year and half of being swept up by life away from this here boards, I think I'm ready to come back to the Playground. I'm looking forward to jumping off the swings, getting stuck in the tube slide and finding sand in unmentionable places.

*runs off*

Atomsized
2008-08-21, 10:06 AM
Hello hello all, and welcome :smallbiggrin:.

Stabbify
2008-08-21, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone, long-time OotS reader here, just never bothered to register at the forum. Until now, that is. =)

Megumi Ayano
2008-08-21, 07:19 PM
hello to you! my name is megumi and im really new to all of this. some of my friends were telling me about it and i had to check it out. OMG oots is amazing im totally hooked. i havent had a chance to read it all buy im gettin there. i <3 oots

Nychta
2008-08-22, 01:43 AM
*stares* there's like, a whole wall of new people and I HAVEN'T GREETED THEM!

Welcome to the Playground!

@V: That is my friend. Mordy, take note. I told you I had some friends who listened to my commands.

Kimusabe
2008-08-22, 03:16 AM
Hey Everyone! Nice to meet you all!

I joined yesterday when my Friend told me to :P
(that's because I do nearly evenythign she tells me anyway, but that's because I can't fight her... so well, yeah)

Well, I'm fourteen (and a half) and I live in New Zealand, my Friends are improtant to me, and I am Male (just BTW :P).
That's pretty much all I feel like telling you for the moment, but I will probably tell you more sometime or put some stuff about me in my profile, as soon as I think of something to put.

Happy Hopes to you all.

~Kimusabe~

changj02
2008-08-22, 10:20 AM
I joined to check out my chosen avatar! Is there a place to view all available avatars?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-22, 12:19 PM
Not that I know off sorry.

Head to the Arts 'n Crafts part, then the request thread for a custom oots style avatar!

Head over to the SMBG for lots of silly fun!

Please follow the rules and have lots of silly fun with us!

Bekkr
2008-08-22, 10:21 PM
New member says: "Hello here".

OotS and Erfworld... me likey.

DraPrime
2008-08-22, 10:22 PM
Hi Bekkr! Welcome to the best forum around, and I mean that.

Xerrik
2008-08-23, 07:54 AM
Greetings, mortals or otherwise. I am the mighty master of all I survey(excluding this website, of course). TREMBLE IN FEAR OF MY CAPITALIZED MIGHT! WATCH IN TERRoR As i... oops. Never mind.

TheBST
2008-08-23, 08:25 PM
Evening All. My name's Tony and I don't get out much. I'm a new to the forums, been reading the comic since the Hotel arc and I promise to not act the fool.

There's no hazing or anything, is there? Other than that thread with the Nightmare Shipping pictures?

DraPrime
2008-08-23, 08:28 PM
Welcome Xerrik and TheBST. And TheBST, don't worry about hazing. This is probably one of the most friendly forums around.

Sneak
2008-08-23, 10:21 PM
Hello, everyone! Welcome!

I'm not quite sure why I'm putting an exclamation mark at the end of every sentence!

That is all!

Monkey461
2008-08-25, 07:10 AM
hi. im new to this site.

eex
2008-08-25, 10:26 AM
Then welcome to you!

Manoftyr
2008-08-25, 06:16 PM
Hello, new here but longtime OoTS reader...figured I'd finally register for the forums, I'm usually not much for forums as I'm not a terribly social person outside of my established circles but I figure I'll post on here every now and again should the mood strike.

iTreeby
2008-08-25, 06:48 PM
hello everyone!

Phrixus
2008-08-25, 09:05 PM
Hey. I'm new, but a reader of OOTS.

Hlaine Larkin
2008-08-25, 11:00 PM
Hello!

New to the boards, and also to OOTS. Not a "seasoned" D&D player anymore, as I am not exactly up to date with 4ed. I've got 3.5 down pretty good though.

Joined for PbP, stay for the comics!

Cheers,

Larks

Lord Herman
2008-08-26, 03:52 AM
Welcome, new people! :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-26, 03:57 AM
Hello and welcome new people.

Please follow the rules and have fun.

A new number one rule is, head over to SMBG and have lots of silly fun.

Nah, just kidding, but head over there for some silly fun anyway!:smallsmile:

Also, welcome Lord Herman, I hope you have a good time here.:smalltongue:

Shogun
2008-08-26, 10:14 AM
Hello..

OOTS is one of my favorite web comics so I thought I'd check out the forum. I've been playing RPG's for a while and love the humor of this strip. I usually post at a politics forum but I need to find a good gaming board in order to get feedback/ideas for my current gaming campaign.

Anyway, thanks for the good read, Rich!

Shogun