PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Silvarelion
2008-08-26, 06:52 PM
I dare to say "hello" and I'll hopefully see you all on the forums!

brook
2008-08-26, 08:03 PM
I love this Comic! Deadly:smallredface:

DraPrime
2008-08-26, 08:05 PM
Welcome brook, Silvarelion, and Shogun. Follow the rules, and enjoy these forums!

Sneak
2008-08-26, 08:45 PM
Welcome, everyone!

Here, have a witty remark.

cheeba
2008-08-26, 11:13 PM
Hello all, longtime reader etc. etc, here to shill my own brand of filth and perhaps enjoy a little casual banter on the boards. See you there :smallamused:

black_Lizzard
2008-08-27, 06:06 AM
New. Hi. Thanks.

Thomas Madd
2008-08-27, 10:45 PM
Hello there, newly registered as a member of these forums, but have been a fan of OOTS for a while and just read all of Erfworld last night (bored with a lot of time on my hands). How is everyone on this fine August evening?

Lokasenna
2008-08-28, 09:38 AM
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've never actually played DnD, but I'm picking up an interest in it due to reading Order of the Stick.

Haleyintraining
2008-08-28, 09:55 AM
Hello new members,

You should visit the Silly Message Board Games. Seriously.

What are you doing still reading this! Go! Shoo!

DM_ERTech
2008-08-28, 11:37 AM
Greetings, all! It's nice to find a friendly place in the Abyss...

Paddy
2008-08-28, 08:45 PM
Hi to everyone.

I'm new......Brand new!

Egg born in fact.

I'm new to this, and I'm new to bulletin/mail oriented webb sites.....all of this is new to me.

I didn't come here on purpose. I sort of wandered by. I was following a particularly elusive wisp through dead domains and time shattered relics of webb pages that last had traffic in 2003.

So... I picked up a reference to "Diplomacy" from times gone by and followed it here. Because that's what I'm looking for....

I want to play Diplomacy.

It's why I'm here.

I don't know where to click next.....but the wisp came here....so here I am.

I'm going to do the natural thing...I'll click about and hope to find something that relates to a game of Diplomacy. Something current....I hope.

I'll check back here for a week or so.....then let it slip away....like all things on the net....as illusive as a minnow in a speckled sea.

Anyway.....I'm gonna click about for a while .....like a clicky thing. But....if I can't find players of Diplomacy just by clicking.......I'll hope to hear from someone who would be a guide.

Guides apply [email protected]

Paddy Keegan.

Paddy
2008-08-28, 08:56 PM
Hi to everyone,

I'm new to this site....and I'm new to sites like it.

I'd like to play diplomacy. I followed a link for it here. I'm hoping that someone will help me find my way around.

I'll check back now and again for a week or so before giving up.

Guides can apply to [email protected]

Paddy Keegan.

Catchow
2008-08-28, 10:58 PM
:eek: I'm new. Please be gentle.

Dark Arbiter
2008-08-28, 11:13 PM
I agree with Catchow.

Been a fan of OotS for a few months, read Erf over the last 2 weeks. Figured it was as good a time as any to sign up, so, hi everybody!:smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2008-08-29, 01:05 AM
Hi, new people! :smallsmile:

@Paddy: If you want to organise a game, you can start a thread in the Finding Players (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51) forum. The last diplomacy game that was started filled up in less than a day, so I'm sure you can find some players. Do be sure to make it clear from the thread title that it's a diplomacy game - most threads there are recruiting for roleplaying games.

Blockhead
2008-08-29, 05:30 PM
hello there!

new guy on the 'Block' here, hope to become a regular on the site

Nychta
2008-08-29, 06:28 PM
Welcome!

Paddy, what Herman said. Also, send a PM to Cult_Doctor. He'll want to play but probably won't notice the thread.

Nomu-kun 1138
2008-08-30, 12:37 AM
Hi, Forums! I've never played DnD before, and I'm joining mostly to check out the bulletin games. And of course I love Order of the Stick; it's gotta be one of the best webcomics of any type.

BlueWizard
2008-08-30, 07:22 AM
Check out the online PbP {Play-by-Post} games.

Thant
2008-08-31, 04:48 PM
Hi to all forumians! I'm reading OotS and related threads (and I must admit some of them are pretty awesome) for 7 months now, and finally decided to join :smallredface: I'm a bit new to all this forum thingies so have mercy on yet another newb/regular d&d player...at least in the beginning :smallsmile:

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-31, 09:08 PM
Hello, and welcome!

We're a nice community here, so enjoy your time here!:smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2008-08-31, 09:13 PM
Avoid AMEN, they don't like pixies. Or anyone not already in AMEN. :smallyuk: (j/k, don't kill me. Please!)

Enjoy the playground!

Dirtytabs
2008-09-01, 03:18 AM
Hi! I started reading Order of the Stick when the strip was in the 300's.

Kimusabe
2008-09-01, 04:32 AM
Welcome all new members, welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:
Hope you has much fun while you are here!

Atomsized
2008-09-01, 10:01 AM
Yes, welcome all.

Get started with an avatar in the Arts n' Crafts thread!

Or have lots of silly fun in the Silly Message Board Games thread!

Dainar the Blue
2008-09-01, 03:30 PM
Herro. I have been reading Order of the Stick and Erfworld for long time now, but never read anything on the forums until today. Hoping to be a long-time forum patron. I'm a bit of a system junkie, and tend to be interested in any home-brew projects. I come here baring hugs from the hug god, joy from the joy throne, and more than 9 flavors of wierd, including kshmiggan, grackle, and irony (which quite ironically tastes like strawberries)

AngryToad
2008-09-01, 06:41 PM
Hello, everyone.. been following along OOTS for a while and Erfworld more recently.

So, yup. Been playing DnD for only a little bit, maybe 1 or 2 years. I've been playing on 3.5e, not so sure about 4e, but, whatever.

So, hi, anyways. :smile:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-09-01, 08:23 PM
Avoid AMEN, they don't like pixies. Or anyone not already in AMEN. :smallyuk: (j/k, don't kill me. Please!)

Enjoy the playground!

That wasn't the nicest thing. :smallfrown::smallannoyed:

Anyways, welcome new folk. Drop most people a PM if you have a question! :smallsmile:

Cimaron
2008-09-02, 03:50 PM
Hi! I'm new. I've just re-discovered OOTS in web form, but have been playing d&d since 1e or so.

Dakaran
2008-09-02, 09:00 PM
Hello. I'm an old fan of the comic, but new to the forum.

TengYt
2008-09-03, 09:33 AM
Hey all! Name's Gaz, and I'm a longtime lurker, first time poster.

Zar Peter
2008-09-03, 03:02 PM
So then, welcome newcomers, re-discoveres (why is this red line beyond this word?) and long time lurkers!

Have a great time here, everything is for free, but beware of the cookie monster, he steals all your cookies if you don't be careful...

Perryl
2008-09-04, 08:17 AM
:smallamused:
hi everybody!!

been reading oots since it already was in the 400s but finally have closed the gap from 1 to 588^^

:smile:@ zar peter:
what red line???

@shasáia:
wtf´s AMEN ?? :confused:

Lord Herman
2008-09-04, 08:28 AM
The red line is his spell checker. It's re-discoverers, btw.

AMEN is an evil organisation here on the boards. Sort of like James Bond's SPECTRE, only less competent.

Also, welcome! :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-04, 09:06 AM
Hi, welcome.
*steals Perryl's cookies* NOM NOM NOM. :smalltongue:

Sorry for that, I hope you have a great time here and have lots of fun, and get round to the Arts 'n Crafts board, the custom avatar request thread for that, to request a custom made oots style avatar!

randman22222
2008-09-04, 09:39 AM
New people!
*Tasers the new people, on lower wattage.*

That's how I say hi. I reserve high wattages for when I'm really tasering someone, or, if they peeve me enough, I Battleship them.

Also... Avoid AMEN, HALO, GLoG, NO, and essentially all the town organizations until you know the people here. :smallsmile:

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-04, 09:40 AM
That's how I say hi. I reserve high wattages for when I'm really tasering someone, or, if they peeve me enough, I Battleship them.

He's not kidding...

...I still have the burn marks...

LeonardQuirm
2008-09-04, 12:30 PM
Hallo! I'm Simon, and I'm an OotS addict...

...hold on, that joke's been done to death probably. Sorry. Can we start again?

Anyway, hi to everyone. I'm Simon; I'm a maths student, and I'm probably among the minority of fans here in that I've never actually played D&D or any other table-top RPG. Still, no matter. I've been reading for a while, but only just joined. The prompting factor would be that I recently got the board game and want to ask a few questions on the appropriate thread, but I'll try and be a bit more social than just that!

And as for the taser I see for the new people...well, I'll trust it takes a few more hours yet to recharge from the last use!

Arioch
2008-09-04, 12:36 PM
Hello all new people. If you don't need your souls, I'll have them.
It's a great forum. Have fun. :smallbiggrin:

chaz831
2008-09-04, 09:32 PM
hello everyone

BlueWizard
2008-09-04, 09:45 PM
Those newbs, who are serious role-players and interested in online play can check out Play-by-Post games here. I'm always willing to let a few newbs play. Serious posters only.

All Wizard D&D Game 3.5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90076)

Check out the other games in recruiting area. Sorry only wizards right now. Hurry, because I'll stop looking for players soon, it is often hard to get in.

LWilliams
2008-09-06, 05:18 AM
Hello, new to here, not so much to roleplaying.

Interested in some PBP roleplay, so will be scouting the games that are going on.

Dublock
2008-09-06, 08:06 AM
been lurking for a long time...and new to actually posting :p Happens I guess :p

*enjoys role playing and home brewing a lot*

randman22222
2008-09-06, 09:01 AM
Enjoy being tasered? :smallamused:
Actually, I've decided to not taser new people. It gives them the wrong message.

Amber
2008-09-06, 12:59 PM
Finally here i am! I've been reading Order of The Stick for a while, but never took into account join the forum but finally i decided to do so, want to take part in the discusions and have time to spare around.
Please don't be afraid of my horrors in writing, i'm not an English native speaker. So corrections are welcome.

See ya around!!

Fernando_wtg
2008-09-07, 12:01 AM
Hello World, I'm alive!!!
I am Fernando, but I prefer my little Rpg Altar Ego, Yu~ki, the bard, who was lots of crazy even before I knew Elan, but now is even MORE!!!! He is somehow Elan's aprentice, you could think... look at my signature to take a look at it...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 02:57 AM
Hello and welcome new members.

Welcome Fernando_wtg, the picture of that bard seems to tall, how tall it may be is told in the Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1), I highly recommend everybody(new AND old) to read them.

I hope you will have lots of fun here, this is a great community, and already lots of silly fun going around, feel free to join in!

Also, for a custom OOTS style avatar, go to the Arts 'n Crafts section, then go to the request thread for your own especially-made-for-you OOTS style avatar.

Have fun!

Fernando_wtg
2008-09-07, 06:34 AM
sorry...
I'll change to a smaller one probably in 4-5 hours....
This one is so crazy, so me, that I woudn't replace it 4 nothing(just a smaller version of tha same image)....

Kazasu
2008-09-07, 03:40 PM
Hi! I am new to the forum, though I have been reading OotS since it was somewhere under 100. It has gotten me interested in D&D. I have yet to actually play though, and if anyone has some free time, perhaps someone could help me out with it? Anyways, I also have been reading Erfworld. Yeah.. I could say more, but.... Really.. I am too lazy. :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2008-09-07, 04:10 PM
Welcome Kazasu! If you want some D&D then head over to the PbP area of the forums. You can play some D&D there, but it will be kind of slow paced. Enjoy the forums.

Jarade
2008-09-08, 12:14 AM
Hello Everybody. I've been reading the forums as of late, and now i've finally decided to breakdown and start taking part of the conversations.

Cheers! :smallbiggrin:

Rakasha
2008-09-08, 02:39 AM
Hi,
I am a small, cute and crazy pixie girl, living in Japan and teaching English (or at least looking pretty in the back of the class room). I am insane, love books and tea and collect gothic lolitas to stash in my closet for a rainy day :smalltongue:

I love all things fantasy.

Im a writer (published woot) and ive been known to dabble in Live action role play (alas, no one in Japan to play with *lesigh*)

So yes, thats pretty much me summed up in a small teacup :smallredface:

Kimusabe
2008-09-08, 03:30 AM
Welcome Jarade, good on you for joining in.

Welcome Rakasha! Loving the writer part, I've always wanted to be a writer, and I love all things fantasy also :smallbiggrin: and me and my Friends are all Insane! (or as a couple of them always say: 'Peculiar in the head')

Welcome, welcome, have a great deal of fun, (just like everyone else does :smalltongue:)

BlackCat
2008-09-08, 03:01 PM
In all my characteristic shyness, I say hi everyone!
Glad to be here. =)

randman22222
2008-09-09, 08:12 AM
This is a place you guys will like. Welcom. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: ...It would still be pronounced the same way. :smallsigh:

TwilightWatcher
2008-09-09, 11:20 AM
Hello! I'm a guy who loves OoTS, and Zelda, and Final Fantasy, and Manga and Anime, and Guitars, and Celtic Harps...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-09, 11:21 AM
Oooh, page-ly welcome to everybody!

Request a custom oots-style avatar in the arts 'n crafts section in the custom request thread!

Have lots of silly fun in the SMBG section!

Please also follow the rules!

See ya around!

randman22222
2008-09-09, 11:51 AM
Hello! I'm a guy who loves OoTS, and Zelda, and Final Fantasy, and Manga and Anime, and Guitars, and Celtic Harps...

You, kind sir, are made of awesome and wisdom, for the bolded reasons.

The Bushranger
2008-09-09, 11:08 PM
AbAnDoN hOpE aLl Ye WhO eNtEr HeRe...

Welcome ladies! And gents. Hope you enjoy your stay! And please do check out the SMBG boards. ^_^ Just remember to: pet the llama, not feed FoE, and to check your sanity at the door... :smallamused:

Trizap
2008-09-09, 11:39 PM

why hello, I'm sure you'll fit right in

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-10, 12:02 AM
pet the llama,
You prolly mean Atreyu and not me.:smallfrown::smalltongue:

Nychta
2008-09-10, 02:02 AM
Well, I haven't said hi for a while.

*does the crazy dance for everyone*

One warning. I am particular about my NZ identity. Those who consider me an Aussie will die a painful death. Consider yourselves warned.

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 02:36 AM
Correction - Smelly New Zealander.

You should tease me about my heritage more often, Nady. It's getting kind of one sided here.

Also, welcome new members! If your feeling hopelessly lost in your useless husk of a relationship, make sure to come down to the Relationship Woes and Advice thread - right here in the Friendly Banter Subforum - and tell us allll about it *puts on a pair of those glasses with the painted on eyes and starts impercitibly snoring*

Razaele
2008-09-10, 10:46 AM
Hey guys! I'm Razaele, an OotS fan from the Philippines. I'm an aspiring writer who wants to someday write a great novel, but has yet to acquire the inspiration to do so. Instead, I dabble now and then in ranting (most of which can be found in my website), as I'm generally annoyed with a lot of things around here. I love living in the realm of fantasy, as video games, comic books, anime, and other forms of digital entertainment comprise of my only means of escape from the drudgery of everyday life. Yes, I am a huge geek (both literally and figuratively). I'm overweight, I wear glasses, and I'm damned proud of it. Also, sushi rocks!! :smallbiggrin:

randman22222
2008-09-10, 10:48 AM
Hmm. The only other Filipino itP I know of is Nexus...
Welcome to GitP. :smallbiggrin:

Razaele
2008-09-10, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome randman22222!

Also, good to know that there's at least someone out there who's from my country. :smallbiggrin:

TwilightWatcher
2008-09-10, 05:43 PM
I need a friend...

Actually, I just would like to talk to someone who knows the ins and outs of the site, somebody knowledgeable about the Play-by-Post feature, specifically. I saw that place, and I was all like "I want in on that!"

Trouble is, I've only watched a few games, and was apart of only one. I know next to nothing about DnD, or any table-top RPG, aside from the fact that they look really fun.

Haleyintraining
2008-09-10, 06:18 PM
I'd suggest trying out the town. It is like that, except there is many things to try and once, and if you don't feel like participating in something, it's fine. I'd suggest joining HALO, GLoG, AMEN or NO. I didn't know a thing about roleplaying, and after being part of GLoG I am pretty good at it.

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 08:23 PM
I need a friend...

Actually, I just would like to talk to someone who knows the ins and outs of the site, somebody knowledgeable about the Play-by-Post feature, specifically. I saw that place, and I was all like "I want in on that!"

Trouble is, I've only watched a few games, and was apart of only one. I know next to nothing about DnD, or any table-top RPG, aside from the fact that they look really fun.

We're gunna be friends.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the PbP, so you'll have to find someone else for that... People are pretty forgiving round these parts so I imagine no one will be to mean to you if you just join in and ask questions whenever you get a little lost.

The Bushranger
2008-09-10, 08:39 PM
Welcome!

I was the same way as HiT there - spent time in HALO and then in town, before diving into the PbPs about a month ago...

I'd reccomend checking out the d20 SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/) for the rules. :smallsmile:

Talanna
2008-09-10, 09:26 PM
Uhm... hello there everyone...

So... I think you want to know something about me? I like... uhm... books. Specifically the ones of Terry Pratchett. I like comics. Neil Gaiman mostly, apart from OofS, of course. I like music. Which one depends on my mood. And I love cats. The one who owns me most, but the seven other ones too... :smallredface:

Uhm... so... :smalleek: I have to go!

*runs away*

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 09:38 PM
Cats? That's awesome! You're going to fit right in.

SheenaHyuga
2008-09-10, 09:44 PM
HI!!!! :smallbiggrin: Im Masato's sissy!!! :smalltongue: YAY!!!

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-11, 12:25 AM
Hi, Sheena. I hope you enjoy it here. Do you think you'll end up joining HALO as well?

Skippy
2008-09-11, 12:27 AM
Welcome everybody! Wow, it's been a while since I last posted in this thread...

Anyway, as stated before, pet the Llama and don't feed the FoE. Also, please leave your sanity at the door, since you won't be needing it here.

Sheena: Welcome! It's nice to know your brother managed to corrupt you enough to come here!

Migue
2008-09-11, 01:55 AM
Hi! my name is migue, i´m from Peru and i have been reading OOTS for more than a year i really think is one of the coolest comics i have ever read before :smallbiggrin: (sorry if my english if not that good)

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-11, 01:56 AM
Your English is fine, Migue (I'm not too sure why some people think this forum is insane, though).

FayeGypsy
2008-09-11, 06:35 AM
:smallsmile: Hi, I'm a big fan of web comics. OoTS happens to be one of my favs. I just moved back to Michigan from Texas and am all lonely and stuff, so internets to the rescue! Anyway I think its awesome that there are New Zealanders here, cause I've got a friend from Wanganui (I think...). Anyway I'm gonna stop cause I'm rambling due to insomnia so yeah <.< You'll probably see me around...

randman22222
2008-09-11, 06:45 AM
Hello new people. :smallbiggrin:
GitP loves you guys.

And last note to new people. I can tell that we are gonna be friends. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZGHTkmhxgQ) :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2008-09-11, 09:15 AM
Uhm... hello there everyone...

So... I think you want to know something about me? I like... uhm... books. Specifically the ones of Terry Pratchett. I like comics. Neil Gaiman mostly, apart from OofS, of course. I like music. Which one depends on my mood. And I love cats. The one who owns me most, but the seven other ones too... :smallredface:

Uhm... so... :smalleek: I have to go!

*runs away*

Pratchett...check.
Gaiman...check.
Cats....

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Anyway, welcome aboard folks!

Mordokai
2008-09-11, 09:42 AM
Your English is fine, Migue (I'm not too sure why some people think this forum is insane, though).

Obviously you don't know the right people :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Welcome aboard to all newbies. We don't bite(much), we're(generally) friendly and we like to make your lives a living hell. Or was that nice? :smallconfused: I always seem to confuse those two.

In any case, before I start rambling again, welcome!

Guchalez
2008-09-11, 01:01 PM
Hello, i´m Guchález, i've been reading OotS for a while now but this is my first time in the forum so i'd love recomendations on Threads to read... and some help in how to be recruited for online gaming
Thanks a lot

Talanna
2008-09-11, 01:52 PM
[...]
Cats....

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
[...]

Is this good or bad :smalleek:

Uber_Drow
2008-09-11, 08:56 PM
I like to stab things....HELLO BY THE WAY!

The Bushranger
2008-09-11, 09:34 PM
Is this good or bad :smalleek:

The complete quote is...

CAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
*runs for the hills!*
:smallamused:

Short answer: I don't like cats. Except, perhaps, as an entree... :smalltongue:

tyg538
2008-09-11, 09:37 PM
hello, ive been reading OOT since i got out of boot camp and i just caught up to where its at now. i was introduced to this by a boot camp recruit who was in my division. it be nice to actually send a message straight to Rich Burlew but i guess thats not possible. oh well. this seems to be a nice forum, people how understand dnd so i decided to join. i hope to be a big part of this forum. thank you for your time.

Lierin
2008-09-12, 12:43 AM
Hello everyone ! :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2008-09-12, 12:51 AM
Welcome!

Now take all of your clothes off. Right. Now.

Demax
2008-09-12, 04:14 AM
Yo.

I've been reading OOTS for quite awhile now and finally decided to get off my lazy butt and join the forums. I quite enjoy the comic even though I know sweet bugger all about D&D or any of it's rules.

Another reason I decided to join is that I have a couple of ideas for the House of Fanservice thread that I wish to share.

Anyway, hello again and I'll see you around the forum!

randman22222
2008-09-12, 08:22 AM
Welcome!

Now take all of your clothes off. Right. Now.

Don't worry, newcomers. We're not all as perverted. :smalltongue:
And now the welcome song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZGHTkmhxgQ). :smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-12, 08:24 AM
Don't worry, newcomers. We're not all as perverted. :smalltongue:

well...not any more

randman22222
2008-09-12, 08:28 AM
Huh? :smallconfused:

Garm
2008-09-12, 02:53 PM
Hello there, a new newbster here.

I arrived here after discovering OOTS a few days ago and spending an unhealthy period of time catching up the webcomic.

Nychta
2008-09-12, 03:57 PM
Hey Garm :smallsmile:
You might want to recheck the forum rules. I don't think you're allowed to take the Giant's art and use it for your avatar. He has drawn a heap of avatars you can choose from, though, or you can go down to Arts & Crafts and request one.

Garm
2008-09-12, 04:17 PM
Hey Garm :smallsmile:
You might want to recheck the forum rules. I don't think you're allowed to take the Giant's art and use it for your avatar. He has drawn a heap of avatars you can choose from, though, or you can go down to Arts & Crafts and request one.

Thanks for the heads up.

SliderDaFeral
2008-09-13, 02:36 AM
Hi everybody, I'm originally from Texas, now currently posting from Washington State. Love the comic. There'll be more to follow but I'm a little too tired to write much more coherent things right now.

Saltyspooner
2008-09-13, 01:58 PM
hi its cool to be a part of this forum!

randman22222
2008-09-13, 02:09 PM
hi its cool to be a part of this forum!

Oh, you have no idea. :biggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-13, 02:11 PM
Hello there, a new newbster here.

I arrived here after discovering OOTS a few days ago and spending an unhealthy period of time catching up the webcomic.

Ahh, that's the best time...when you get to read all the comics one right after the other and have them all be new...

I miss those days...

Sneakystabsalot
2008-09-13, 02:52 PM
In the words of Dr Nick, Hello Everybody! :smallsmile:

Played a lot of Dnd over the years (since 2nd ed) but new to play by post, I look forward to adventuring with you guys.

The Bushranger
2008-09-13, 03:47 PM
Welcome aboard. Do visit SMBG. Don't mind FoE, he's just taking your soul for safekeeping during your visit...

No, you won't ever be leaving...

Vizen
2008-09-13, 10:15 PM
I've been reading the OOTS comics for a couple of hundred strips now (and read the ones I missed too!) and I've done a little bit of reading of things around the forums here, but I really haven't introduced myself here yet. Soo...Hello people!

Kimusabe
2008-09-14, 12:53 AM
Hey Vizen!
Nice to see some more Kiwis here :smallbiggrin:
Hope you are having as much fun in the playground as the rest of us!

Nychta
2008-09-14, 01:20 AM
Hey, sweet, another Kiwi! That brings my count to...9?

Me
Kimusabe
Evvie
Child Conscript
That Other Kiwi On SMBG Whose Name I Do Not Recall
The Chili God?
That dude who PMed me asking to use my NZ banner... Whose Name I Do Not Recall and for some reason always mix up with the Vorpal Tribble
Cult Doctor

Vizen!

Vizen
2008-09-14, 04:28 AM
Hot damn! Kiwi's! ^_^

And here I was thinking that it was just my school friends and I that frequented the website. Thanks for the warm welcome. :smallsmile:

Jubal_Barca
2008-09-14, 07:16 AM
Checking in from the UK here...

I don't RP much (my experience of any RPing is limited to a single Shadowrun campaign last year), but I wargame andd write rules for wargames extensively. I go on too many forums anyway so I won't always be active, but OOTS is so freaking funny I felt it was time to look around.

Adamaro
2008-09-14, 09:28 AM
:smallbiggrin:
Hi all. Noobish orcish barbarian from the rugged outlands of Slovenia here. I came on this forum in hope of some advice redagrding D&D20 (me and some other noobs are starting a campaign this fall. Hopefully. If we get the horde together.) and maybe to do some RP-ing here on the forum(low lvl).

AN0NYMOUS
2008-09-14, 04:40 PM
Hello everyone.

Atomsized
2008-09-14, 06:05 PM
'Ello all!

Besides the particle accelerator that you've probably been hearing about, we're the other intentional leading cause of black holes, once you get near the forums, you'll get sucked in and never come out.

Or so to that effect. :smallbiggrin:

wadledo
2008-09-14, 07:34 PM
Also, Run now, or the white text will get you.

Sneak
2008-09-14, 07:42 PM
Welcome!

Remember, Uncle Sneak wants YOU to post (and not lurk)!

Nychta
2008-09-14, 11:49 PM
Don't listen to Uncle Sneak. He's only trying to test his theory: Proportion of number of crushes to number of posts.

Don't give in I say!

Adamaro
2008-09-15, 05:04 AM
Can somebody tell me where(which thread) can I familiarize with d&d20 3.5e games played on this forum? I've been checking threads out, but it's all very sophisticated. (I expected "Interested players" thread, "Active forum games thread", but I'm ... kinda lost :D)

The Bushranger
2008-09-15, 05:30 AM
Greetings everybody. Come, join us in SMBG. Don't be afraid...

Adamaro, what you're looking for is likely the "Finding Players (Recruitment)" board. :)

Phase
2008-09-15, 09:30 PM
Remember, new members, this place is like the most dangerous game of monopoly ever. If you land on my hotel, I'll hunt you viciously through the jungles of the caribbean.

Vugor
2008-09-16, 11:20 AM
Hey everyboday, finally got myself to join the forum. After reading the OotS, and checking it ever few days, about 4 months ago.

May the awesomeness begin!!!!!!!

Oregano
2008-09-16, 11:25 AM
Don't mind Phase, he's probably lonely up there.

Anyway welcome to the forums, keep things civil, join in the fun and discuss plenty.

DaisyGMYAD
2008-09-16, 02:42 PM
Howdy Gang! I've been reading OOTS for a few months now and I am madly in love. (very addicting...I'm surprised my boss hasn't noticed a decrease in my productivity :smalltongue: )

So, despite my dislike of chat forums in general, I've finally decided to register and possibly, even occasionally, post. Curse you Rich Burlew and your enormous creativity and talent!

Traikan
2008-09-16, 04:55 PM
Hey.

I've made this account a while ago so I could use the search feature and look up a variety of D&D information, and I figured it was about time I started using it. I'll probably be centralized in the gaming sub forums, as that's what I spend a good deal of my free time doing.

Copacetic
2008-09-16, 04:57 PM
Welcome DaisyGMYAD and Traikan, nice to have you on the forums, don't feed Vespe Ratavo any Sugar(:smalltongue:), and generally be civil.

Sneak
2008-09-16, 06:51 PM
Don't listen to Uncle Sneak. He's only trying to test his theory: Proportion of number of crushes to number of posts.

Don't give in I say!

Lies and slander, I say!

Welcome, one and all!

YES...one more post. :smalltongue:

Denamort
2008-09-16, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new in the forum, I join two days ago. I had been reading OOTS and Erfworld for about a month and I love them.
I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina (South of South America) so my english is not very good. If there is any word incorrectly spelled, in the wrong tense or anything like that I will appreciate if you told me, so I can improve it.

Let the eternal and futile devates about stats or Vaarsuvius gender start!

ApeofLight
2008-09-16, 08:07 PM
Its spelled debates and welcome.

Denamort
2008-09-16, 09:47 PM
Its spelled debates and welcome.

Thanks for the welcome (:smallannoyed: I can't believe I had a mistake with a word that is spelled the same way in english and spanish).

ApeofLight
2008-09-16, 09:52 PM
Don't worry wrong key strokes happen all the time. Just try and catch them before you post.

powerday
2008-09-16, 10:10 PM
Hey guys and gals... Im new and I come from NZ.
Well thats all for now i guess...
HI KIMUSABE!
yeah. Cya:smallsmile:

Kimusabe
2008-09-16, 10:11 PM
Hey Powerday!

I see yopu joined up :smalltongue:
YAY! Now we have 10 (I think) New Zealanders in the Playground!
*Dances with glee*

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-17, 09:33 AM
(Oh we have more)

Welcome all new people and such, please follow the rules and have fun.
I suggest you drop by the arts ´n crafts section to request yourself a custom made oots style avatar!
And permanent stay in SMBG for lots of silly llama fun!

Najian
2008-09-17, 12:00 PM
Wy hello all. Friendly greetings from the Netherlands here (from an average boring town near Amsterdam to be exact).

Have been reading both comics for a while but finally registered now too.
If only for the fantastic smileys :smallbiggrin:

I havent actually played d&d but there is no videogame based on it that i missed. Well maybe i did. All i can say is I even played those linear xbox ones :smalltongue:
So i get the references still. As for dice throwing i'm used to warhammer 40k though.

Expect to see some posts from me as i have way too much spare time for the moment.. which will decrease to a very small amount over the next weeks/months.. but yet :smallannoyed:

Lord Herman
2008-09-17, 12:32 PM
Welcome, Najian! You're not the only Dutchman here; dallas-dakota and I are Dutch, and there are quite a few others who are from the Netherlands.

Have fun in the playground! And if you'd like to try playing Dungeons and Dragons, we've got a whole section of the boards dedicated to play-by-post games.

Griever
2008-09-17, 12:35 PM
Welcome, new playgrounders!!

Wait, was I supposed to say more? :smallconfused:

YPU
2008-09-18, 06:46 AM
Welcome, Najian! You're not the only Dutchman here; dallas-dakota and I are Dutch, and there are quite a few others who are from the Netherlands.

As am I. Forgeting me would ya, you bloody pirate.

Miburo99
2008-09-18, 12:49 PM
Hey All, I am new to the forums but I've been a longtime OOTS fan. I'm from California, so clearly I like saying dude a lot. And I surf to school, sometimes.

(Disclaimer: I'm from Silicon Valley. The closest beach is about an hour away, and I am occasionally a pathological liar.)

Shas aia Toriia
2008-09-18, 03:06 PM
Welcome, and if you have any questions, please do NOT hesitate in throwing a PM in the directon of myself or any of the other people who has posted here.

Kimusabe
2008-09-19, 12:06 AM
Welcome, new playgrounders!!

Wait, was I supposed to say more? :smallconfused:

Only on a tuesday, my friend.
only on a tuesday...

JT Jag
2008-09-19, 01:29 AM
Hey y'all.

Relatively recent OotS fan here, but a rabid one (I just got through my second archive binge).

Interested in screwing around. Relatedly, interested in roleplaying (tabletop and otherwise, though I've got no worthwhile experience at tabletop).

Incidentally, V needs to trance in the WORST way.

Hammy1337
2008-09-19, 04:06 AM
HI EVERYONE!
I am hamster :smallbiggrin: i just followed the link to here so yeah! Hello and my friends introduced me to this and yeah!

Kimusabe
2008-09-19, 04:08 AM
YAY! The Hampster/Irish Potato does what I tell it! :smallbiggrin:
*evil grin, shifty eyes*
I am ALLMIGHTY over the Hampster!
*starts plotting in a corner*

Hammy1337
2008-09-19, 04:10 AM
whatever! and I am NOT an irish potato! i am HAMSTER!!!!!

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-19, 04:10 AM
If you don't mind me asking, which friends introduced you, Hammy1337? I'm just curious in case I know them.

powerday
2008-09-19, 04:11 AM
Hey Hamster!
Just gonna leave it at that...:smallcool:

Kimusabe
2008-09-19, 04:12 AM
If you don't mind me asking, which friends introduced you, Hammy1337? I'm just curious in case I know them.

It was me and Powerday :smallsmile:

powerday
2008-09-19, 04:21 AM
Lol bit of a JI there Kimusabe I'm pretty sure he was asking Hammy! :smallbiggrin:

Kimusabe
2008-09-19, 04:27 AM
well, he didn't notice, and I answered anyway, so It's all good.

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-19, 04:59 AM
Thanks for telling me. I hope you all enjoy it here. :smallsmile:

shadesofgray
2008-09-19, 05:03 AM
Whee.. Heya, I'm shades and I was dragged to this forum kicking and screaming by Bue52, my [weird] friend.

We're from Singapore, and pretty much amused by this newly-heard-of-D&D-thingys. [Well actually, I'm the amused one, he's the already rabid fanboy. ^^]

I already find that I like playing DragonBorn Warlords the most of all the possible races and classes. :p

~shades

randman22222
2008-09-19, 05:06 AM
Welcome, SoG. :smallsmile:
I actually lived in Singapore for 6 years...

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-19, 05:07 AM
Which edition do you play, shadesofgray? You should be able to find a lot of people who play 3.5 and 4th Edition D&D on here.

shadesofgray
2008-09-19, 07:25 AM
randman22222: Oh really?! That's cool! Where'd you stay? ^^

Tempest Fennac: 4th Ed, but Bue52's been trying to get me to experiment with 3.5th Ed. I've seen a load of games here, but I'm still trying to work up the courage to join. :smallredface: ^^ I've also been looking around to see how other people do their campaigns, for 4th Ed for when I'm [forced] gonna GM at the end of the year. I've been impressed by all the ideas I've seen so far. :smallbiggrin:

randman22222
2008-09-19, 07:33 AM
I was in Ang Mo Kio. :smallbiggrin:
Actually, I liked it there despite how far from Orchard it was...

shadesofgray
2008-09-19, 07:43 AM
Well, Orchard isn't the only shopping place anyway. ^^ I live in Jurong, so its pretty far from where I am, if you can use that term to describe anything in Singapore. :smallcool:

randman22222
2008-09-19, 07:47 AM
Yeah good point. :smalltongue:
Far means > 25 minutes away there.

shadesofgray
2008-09-19, 09:37 AM
Ahaha, yup. And very far means >1hr anywhere. ^^

CTrombley
2008-09-19, 10:52 AM
Hello to all the wonderful men and women on the Giant In The Playground Forum!

On the internet I am generally known as either CTrombley or GolumTR (usually the former). If addressing me in person Mr. Trombley is the preferred nomenclature.

Incidentally, I am sorry to hear about APE Games and Hurricane Ike. The storm just went right north of where I live, and I had friends who actually left the city and fled to Houston. Not lucky. Not lucky at all.

phoerix
2008-09-19, 12:51 PM
Hi all, long time lurker, thought I'd just say hi after having registered.

Haleyintraining
2008-09-19, 01:45 PM
DO NOT LURK!

Sorry, wait, inside voice.

Really, don't lurk. POST! It is fun to do, and halps you're tiping and speling sckills. But who cares about them? :smallwink:

vegetalss4
2008-09-19, 01:54 PM
hi phoerix, enjoy you new no lurking status

BloodOnlySpills
2008-09-19, 05:33 PM
Hi there, I'm Jack, or whatever you want to call me that's not terribly immature or obscene. lulz

A friend got me into the comic and I've been hooked ever since.

Also, I sign most posts with:

~Surge

Atomsized
2008-09-19, 05:38 PM
Yes, i would second Haley's opinion:

Post, you know you want to. :smallwink:

Ravens_cry
2008-09-19, 08:28 PM
Hello, I am Ravens_cry. I chose the name in a fit of emo pique, and I have stuck with it over a few different forums. I am not sure if I am an artistic poet, or a wangsty goth. I like to think I have a good sense of humour, those who have already been exposed to it can judge for themselves. I am Canadian, but only watch Hockey in the playoff. I play role play, but only started recently, though I should have much earlier, I just love it so. My favorite holidays are Christmas and Halloween, because I get to dress up crazy for one, and make others feel happy for the other. As soon as I get a chance, I am so doing cosplay. Growing up I loved everything to do with space and space exploration, and I still do. My deepest wish is to see the earth from the outside.
I love to draw, though my scanner doesn't work and I can't afford a new one.
And I love this forum.

atreyu540q
2008-09-20, 01:42 AM
Hello everyone.I decided to make an account when I stumbled upon the site.I have no idea what I'm doing here but i like it.Just exploring the site for now.

randman22222
2008-09-20, 02:43 AM
Atreyu, eh? Why does that sound familiar? :smalltongue:
(There's a guy called... Well, something with Atreyu in it... :smallconfused:)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-09-20, 02:45 AM
Atreyu, eh? Why does that sound familiar? :smalltongue:
(There's a guy called... Well, something with Atreyu in it... :smallconfused:)

If you really forgot Atreyu the Masked Llamas name, I will have to disown you.
After beating you with a pillow.

randman22222
2008-09-20, 02:48 AM

Ah yeah. That's the one. :smallbiggrin:
Yup, I really did forget. I wanted to put it with a llama, but I didn't know if I was combining two people into one. :smalltongue:

Now, about the pillows...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-20, 02:49 AM
Which will be after I slap you silly, err wait, we're ITP, it holds no power here...Errmmm, I'l just slap you silly with long-range miming powers if you really forgot.

On-topic, hello and welcome new members, please follow the rules(read them carefully) and have lots of fun here!

Elrond
2008-09-20, 03:57 AM
Welcome all newbies if you have any questions about the giant itp forum feel free to PM me:smallbiggrin:

*hits randman22222 with a pellow*:smallamused:

Mordokai
2008-09-20, 04:03 AM

*raises hand*

About that beating... I wouldn't mind getting some of it. You know I richly deserve it :smallwink:

Welcome to all new members. It's a friendy place you just found yourself in. Try to keep it that way and enjoy your stay.

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-20, 04:20 AM
Just stopping in to say welcome to all the new faces and because I didn't see this thread when I joined, so I felt left out.

So antway, enjoy the playground.

Paragraph
2008-09-20, 12:12 PM
DO NOT LURK!
Okay.

Hi there, decided to join yesterday and stop lurking for good, though not because of your command :smalltongue:. I'm from Germany and not a roleplayer, though I would start it up with a nice playgroup; a first try lies behind me. My obsessions are Magic cards and reading, also playing Diablo II and posting in boards about it.

I liked this forum since I first klicked the link after being disappointed that a new comic still wasn't up, and am hoping to contribute my own little share of words to this wonderful community.

Simon

RabbitHoleLost
2008-09-20, 12:25 PM
*raises hand*

About that beating... I wouldn't mind getting some of it. You know I richly deserve it :smallwink:
You'll get yours.

Anyways. Ahem.
Welcome!
...I should really brush up on my German again...

Gulag
2008-09-20, 05:35 PM
Hi, I've been reading OOTS since a good friend of mine introduced me to the site and only just became aware of the forum section.

I've been a play of D&D for a few years now (3.5) and I enjoy writing, despite my curse of rarely finishing what I start.

Vizen
2008-09-20, 05:56 PM
...Wow. You described me very well, Gulag. Now, tell us about yourself. :smallsmile:

I'm kidding, welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay. :smallsmile:

Vinom Trifang
2008-09-20, 09:47 PM
hola, I is the newest n00b.

Dracoma
2008-09-21, 05:10 AM
Hello Hello and Greetings abound!

Long-time reader of the comic, just now fully realizing the forum's magnificence.
Hope to contribute and be a productive member in the playground!

That is all.

-Đracoma

HMR
2008-09-21, 06:39 AM
Hey there!

Been reading for months, just decided to join today. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-21, 06:42 AM
Hi all new people.

I hope you follow the rules, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) and have a lot of fun here.

Xallace
2008-09-21, 10:53 AM
I've been here for a little while already, just haven't gotten around to officially introducing myself!

I'm Xall', nice to meetcha. Been enjoying OotS since around... oh, I think it was just after the party met Miko. Um... I'm an Abjurer! No one around my part cares about Abjuration magic, so I decided to take it on as my own. That and paladins. Thems my things.

Spirit300064
2008-09-21, 12:25 PM
I've also been here a while, and just didn't notice this thread. *sweatdrop* I'm a teenager at the age of 13 by the name of Vincent, I like playing video games and reading, and my favorite video game series is pokemon. I am posting from the Bay Area, and I have traveled to many places, and this winter my family's going to visit our relatives at Taiwan.

RTGoodman
2008-09-21, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the Playground, new members! Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have over the past, what, year and a half? Man, it seems like so much longer!

While you're about, here's some places you might want to check out.

The Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) - the mods are all pretty easy-going, but try not to break these.
Want information on how to do fancy stuff like this (and more)? Try HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode).
Want an OotS-style avatar to call your own? Check out the Avatar Adoption Center (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936) to adopt an already-made one, or request a personalized avatar made to your specifications in the Request an OotS-Style Avatar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589) thread.
Got a simple rules question about your favorite RPG? Ask it HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87867) (or if it's about D&D 4th Edition, try the Special 4E Edition thread HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83321)).
Interested in making your own stuff for your favorite gaming system? Check out the Homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15) forum to see what others are working on, and even submit your own stuff for critique. And if you're interested, there's always at least one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89760) or two (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89675) design contests going on that you can check out.

Hope those were helpful, and, again, welcome to the Playground. If you've got any other questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to help you (or find you someone who can). Oh, one last thing - beware of white text...

Like this! Bwahahahaha!

belladonna
2008-09-22, 02:44 PM
Hi all! I've just joined up to play in a PbP game.

Saying hi and keen to see what my avatar looks like

The Bushranger
2008-09-22, 04:19 PM
Welcome aboard! :smallsmile:

Do come join us in SMBG...

Hamilkar
2008-09-23, 02:12 AM
Hi
I am new here. I discovered the oots comic when it reached page 250 or so. I always read the forum since. It is IMHO one of the best webcomics out there.

Since comic 595 V did something very random so i decided to do something random too to and register myself here :P Something i always wanted to do.
(V is my favourite character by the way)

So expect some random posts from me in the near future.

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-23, 02:14 AM
Hi. You'll definitly like the Silly Message Board Game section if you like randomness.

Hamilkar
2008-09-23, 02:29 AM
Hi. You'll definitly like the Silly Message Board Game section if you like randomness.
* just looking*
Omg, yes this is random... But everyone is expecting randomness there! Better surprise people when they are not expecting to be surprised. :smallbiggrin: Also i am not a big poster... I will most probably post only here and then on the IMO real important issues.

Kimusabe
2008-09-23, 02:53 AM
Welcome to all the new Members out the in the Playground! :smallbiggrin:
Hopes you all has an awesome time in the forums and continue to enjoy the Comics as so many of you seem to be doing!
And don't forget to look for secret messages hidden in the white text!

Elrond
2008-09-23, 05:58 AM
Welcome all newbies if you have any questions about the giant itp forum feel free to PM me:smallbiggrin:

three08
2008-09-23, 02:17 PM
howdy folks. i am three08 here and on the forums at jonathancoulton.com and 308FMJ or .308 FMJ in various other internet locations. i am interested in some play-by-post action up in this piece, although all i have (currently) by way of texts is d20srd.org. i have read the entire oots archives. my favorite color is orange. i don't like using capitals because at 50 wpm my typing is already embarrasingly slow and i don't need no modifier keys tripping me up.

cheers, and well met. :smallbiggrin:

Riddler
2008-09-23, 03:42 PM
Guess who's the newest member of this board? :amused:
Hi there, long time reader, finally decided to create an account - probably doomed to last a couple of posts before I totally forget about it. Oh well, we'll see. :smallcool:

The Bushranger
2008-09-23, 04:21 PM
Riddle me this: why don't you check your sanity at the door and come visit SMBG? :smallwink:

Welcome aboard!

Riddler
2008-09-23, 04:46 PM
Riddle me this: why don't you check your sanity at the door and come visit SMBG? :smallwink:

Welcome aboard!

Well I guess I could use some Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose, sometimes...Thanks for the suggestion, never thought about it :smallbiggrin:

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-23, 05:38 PM
Guess who's the newest member of this board? :amused:
Hi there, long time reader, finally decided to create an account - probably doomed to last a couple of posts before I totally forget about it. Oh well, we'll see. :smallcool:
Welcome to the playground. The more the merrier, I always say.

Uncle Festy
2008-09-23, 07:29 PM
Velcome to all! :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2008-09-23, 07:59 PM
Und rememver...any plan, vhere you lose yer hat, IZ A BAD PLAN!

marc
2008-09-24, 12:02 PM
Greetings and salutations to all!

Thend
2008-09-24, 12:46 PM
I'm new. My favorite character is Redcloak with the close seconds and thirds being Belkar Bitterleaf and the demon roachs. Still messing around with what avatar I want to be. From what I understand my personality is that of a goblin so I'm strongly considering sticking with this avatar. Fun fact, as soon as I hit the submit reply button I will for the first time see my avatar. Isn't that cool? I came to the forums via link to figure out wtf haley was saying as I was looking for cool pictures of her and came across a wtf is haley saying link before I could even click on googles image tab. Well, i've probably said way too much already so, *submits reply* *edits* Yes I'm definatly staying goblin at least for now. I look badass. I also look pissed. Which, for the majority of my life, I've been. Go me.

Terrace
2008-09-24, 06:23 PM
Hi, I'm new here.

Haleyintraining
2008-09-24, 06:27 PM
Hello Marc, Thend, and Terrace. I hope you enjoy the playground. Check out the SMBG! It rocks!

Sebastokrator
2008-09-24, 09:09 PM
Hello!

I've been eagerly reading both OOTS and Erfworld for about two years now, but I've only just registered for the forums, primarily because I've been more than happy to be a bit of a lurker for that period. It has got to be one of the best free webcomics in this vein, as its stuck to a brilliant story (at one point, I read the entire thing to the death of the Paladin woman whose name escapes me at this point).

One thing I must ask - is Belkar in at all named for the Hill Street Blues dectective Belker? Both of them seem as about as psychotic as each other, especially as dectective Belker is more than happy to attack those he arrests by biting, and that they seem to be fairly similar in that, although I suspect that Belkar is possibly too psycho for that sort of thing.

Nymyrra
2008-09-25, 04:42 PM
Fondest greetings to you all :smallsmile:

I figured that, having haunted this forum and webcomic long enough, I might as well get an account. It's nice to be here.

koberton
2008-09-26, 12:53 AM
Hello all!

Had a friend refer me here. I have been playing D&D for ages and just recently getting into some other games, like World of Darkness and Mage, stuff like that.

Heard you were mostly good people =p so I figured I would stop by and start learning as much as I can from some talented folks and get my forum fix at a cool place. =D

finnmckool
2008-09-26, 05:33 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Finn and I'm a GitP addict.

Okay actually, I just found this site in the last couple of weeks. I read all the back issues. I read all the articles. NOW I CAN'T GET COMIC GOODNESS IN LARGE DOSES EVERY DAY! WAAAHHH!

Does anyone else suffer from this chronic comic addiction condition? You gorge on the back issues and then, POOF! You hit the wall of today's issue and now you must wait for one little old page which you greedily devour in a matter of seconds. Like Johnny Cash said, "Time keeps draggin' on."

So I found the forums. May not be overly active on here. I sort of get active in spurts on these places. I get busy. I work in theatre as a designer and builder, and I'm about to get a day job, probably at the Pepsi plant or something. I'm currently in a DC comics table top (I'm in the unenviable position of being a Gotham PD detective), a couple of Star Wars d20 table tops (not SAGA, still not sure how we feel about that system) where I'm a Jedi, a MacGuyver Scoundrel, and a Defel Sharpshooter, and a Firefly game, where I'm a fence and a fixer.

I'm working on a couple of short stories for a Star Wars FanFic project for a friend from Star Wars Galaxies, and helping him edit a larger work.

I'm currently on my last week of vacation in England, visiting my girlfriend. I go home in a week and walk off the plane, into the shortest tech week my company's ever done for a play so that'll suck. But girlfriend is coming with me so that'll rock.

So....Hi!

Momo
2008-09-26, 09:08 AM
Hello - just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum! :)

Erm, I read the OoTS and it led me here. I totally love it and can't wait for the next episode to come out!

Peace
Momo.

finnmckool
2008-09-26, 09:45 AM
Fellow N00b Welcomes MoMo! News at 11!

Momo
2008-09-26, 09:49 AM
Thanks. I managed to goof my intro though - posted a double post in the main area and got one of them promptly moved over here :D

Ah well.

Hopefully there're better things to come!

BanjoTheClown
2008-09-26, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the Playground everyone.
:smallsmile:

Saithis Bladewing
2008-09-26, 11:29 AM
SURPRISE SAITHIS HELLO!

*Throws gifts to all the minnows.* x3

Have fun, enjoy the Playground!

*Retreats into the mists of lurkdom.*

WildWillow
2008-09-26, 04:29 PM
Hello to all from an avid oots and erf reader and, more recently, forum lurker. First time I have joined a forum, and I suspect I will probably continue to do a bit more lurking than posting, but happy to be part of the playground all the same. Order of the Stick and Erfworld are favorite webcomics of mine, along with the other regular reads of XKCD, Dominic Deegan, and the occassional TwoLumps.

Oh and finnmckool, totally agree with you - after getting to read several hundred strips in the archive in long sittings, hitting the wall of the newest and forevermore having to wait and read em one by one drives me crazy.

Welcome to other newcomers :smallbiggrin:

Gem Flower
2008-09-26, 04:34 PM
Hello, new people! Always nice to see the Playground get bigger.

Nychta
2008-09-26, 08:20 PM
Is it the Playground that's increasing in size, or the population?

Will we all end up piled on top of each other on the monkey bars?

Welcome nevertheless!

Greep
2008-09-26, 11:02 PM
hey! I absolutely love order of the stick and figured I'd finally join the fun rather than lurk the forums :smallsmile:

Mauve Shirt
2008-09-27, 07:48 AM
Order of the Stick and Erfworld are favorite webcomics of mine, along with the other regular reads of XKCD, Dominic Deegan, and the occassional TwoLumps.

Just a warning, if you like DD do NOT go to the thread here, they will ruin it for you. :smallamused:

Welcome to the playground new people! Beware, playground addiction occurs with alarming frequency.
Side effects may include eyestrain, lack of sleep, inability to do homework, and crushing on internets.

Almn
2008-09-27, 07:58 AM
Well I am kinda new; but I have been reading OOts and erfworld for a while. I might post or I might not; it depends on how much I find to post on. Allo!

Je dit Viola
2008-09-27, 07:51 PM
Salut! It's nice to meet you! I so totally love every one of you!:biggrin:

*hugs everyone I can get my hands on*

dogtoes
2008-09-28, 12:39 PM
Greetings all!

Long time OOTS reader (okay, okay...found it about 6 months back, but I'm fully up to date!) and first time poster!

Glad to be here and look forward to meeting "all y'all!"

-Dogtoes

Fawkes
2008-09-29, 04:26 PM
Just a warning, if you like DD do NOT go to the thread here, they will ruin it for you. :smallamused:

Well, now I have to look.

Lord Mancow
2008-09-30, 02:13 AM
Hey all.

I got shown to oots bya friend of mine who's also a member here. I love oots, but i dont remember when I started reading though it was sometime this year. I've also been reading the forum for a few months and have looked at some of the older threads and boy are some of them long.

Anyways I'm here to stay and just wanted to say hi.:smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-09-30, 02:15 AM
Hey all.

I got shown to oots bya friend of mine who's also a member here. I love oots, but i dont remember when I started reading though it was sometime this year. I've also been reading the forum for a few months and have looked at some of the older threads and boy are some of them long.

Anyways I'm here to stay and just wanted to say hi.:smallsmile:

Oooo? Who is the friend, hmmm?
Tell us, yes?

Lord Mancow
2008-09-30, 02:48 AM
Oooo? Who is the friend, hmmm?
Tell us, yes?

I believe his username is Xanaphia Undomiel or something like that and hes been here awhile but I have rarely seen him post in my looks through the threads I've read though he started a Wizards vs muggles thread last year in media discussions due to a discussion we had at school. I also believe hes a halfling in the ranking system.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-30, 03:55 AM
Undomiel, a fellow Tolkien fan? Yay.

Welcome all fellow Tolkien fans I say! And everybody else ofcourse:smalltongue:

Please follow the rules and have a good silly fun time here!

Kupo!!!
2008-09-30, 10:16 AM
How do. I learnt of order of the stick from banjo1985 and hes in my wednesday and friday night roleplay club. So thats it. Oh and i like resident evil a lot so if anyone wants a resi paly by post or wants me to join one as me. Oh and moogles rule.

Merellis
2008-09-30, 10:19 AM
Hello there, I'm obviously and obliviously new! :D Been reading OOTS for a long time and been lurking on the board just reading.
I'm also completely new to DnD, though mostly because all the groups I join die horribly.

banjo1985
2008-09-30, 10:34 AM
Kupo!!! About time you came and joined the darkside, we have the best cookies after all. :smallbiggrin:

Good luck not getting sucked into this place, you may never want to leave...:smalleek:

Hi to everyone else who's new too!

Ridai
2008-09-30, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone, guess I should introduce myself.

I've been reading OotS for about 2-3 years (I think?) and Erfworld since it started (still enjoying both, of course) and I am a bit of a Pen and Paper as well as a music game addict, so at least half of me should fit into the Playground just swell. :smallwink:

Koren n'Rhys
2008-09-30, 04:11 PM
Just wanted to post a quick hello and say I'm glad to be here. Been playing D&D since Moldvay Basic, through 1E & 2E, then went away for a while. Now that my kids are old enough to play, I've come back to running a BECMI campaign for them and playing-by-post myself.

Joined here to partake in a PbP game actually, though I have seen OOTS and gotten a kick out of it in the past. Didn't realize there were forums though...

Anywho, good to be here.

Reese AKA Koren n'Rhys

MEDdMI
2008-09-30, 04:46 PM
Hello everyone! ::waves::

I've been reading OoTS for awhile and honestly I don't know if I'll post much.

I enjoy nature, arty stuff, and all sorts of gaming. Of course, I also like D&D and have many evil plans both as a player and a DM, sadly I have yet to take part in a full campaign due to the groups falling apart. Perhaps I'll post those ideas here so at least someone else can use them!

PS. I am also insane. Really.

Zaphod
2008-10-01, 03:56 AM
Hi guys...
I'm an OOTS reader and DnD player.
What else... see you around! :smallbiggrin:

Amitabho
2008-10-01, 04:21 AM
I assume that I am supposed to write my first post here. I shall now do so, with great flair.

Enigma95
2008-10-01, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone!

Sub_Zero
2008-10-01, 04:50 PM
hello, I'm new to forums in general really (this being my first one), so yeah, I hope to have a good time and meet some cool people :smallsmile:

Jan Mattys
2008-10-02, 04:33 AM
Hi all.

New to this forum but I've been reading Oots for a long time now.
Just want to say "hi" and to congratulate Mr. Burlew for his excellent (excellent) comic.

momatoes
2008-10-02, 11:54 AM
Hello, everyone, my name is Momatoes. :smallsmile:

And I like cookies.

The Bushranger
2008-10-02, 12:44 PM
I'm sure our resident Cookie Monster will be along shortly then. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome aboard everybody! Please do come visit us in SMBG. Please check your sanity with the llama at the door.

Arioch
2008-10-02, 12:46 PM
*pops in to say hi to new guys*

Hi.

If you ever want any necromancy doing, I'm your guy.
Welcome to the forums. It's great here.

Zakama
2008-10-02, 07:13 PM
Howdy new folks! Welcome to The Playground! :smallbiggrin:

Caldarion
2008-10-03, 08:29 PM
Hi all

My name is Dave aka Caldarion, and I'm an avid D&D 4e player. I haven't looked too much around this site yet, but looking forward to exploring it! I have a session driven D&D 4e story thatI'm in the process of adding to almost every day at www.freewebs.com/orderofthevanguard Please feel free to visit and leave some comments for me! Thanks :smallsmile:

onthetown
2008-10-03, 09:04 PM
Just thought I'd say "hi" :smallsmile: So.... hi!

turkishproverb
2008-10-03, 09:05 PM
Just thought I'd say "hi" :smallsmile: So.... hi!

*waves back*

Hello.

Kroy
2008-10-03, 11:15 PM
I joined a little bit ago, but I never said "Hi"

If you read this, copy and paste it into your post

"Hi":smallsmile:

Zoodoflask
2008-10-03, 11:35 PM
hello

Just Finished reading the entire Order of the Stick comic... its awesome.

plus im interested in getting into the whole table top RPG world
(never had the chance in high school).

EmeraldRose
2008-10-04, 10:45 AM
Welcome all new Playgrounders! We're happy you decided to come and play with us :smallbiggrin:

Remember not to kick sand at the other kids (unless they deserve it, and you're in the Kiss/Kill (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92268) thread)

Look around and see where you fit in best, and then post everywhere else too. :smallbiggrin:

And remember, don't feed the Shadow (he doesn't really exist) :smallamused:

Castaras
2008-10-04, 01:06 PM
But but but it's fun to feed the shadow.

Especially with not-so tasty pie.

<.<

Yeah, just a warning, if anyone offers you pie made by me, don't take it. I give out poisoned pies to people, and they decide it's fun to feed it to the new members.

Bad people! *waves finger at*

So yeah. Hai. Have some pie. :smallamused: *gives pie*

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-04, 01:08 PM
But....Cassie...the pie! It looks so tasty!
Um.
Welcome, new members =D

*pops in to say hi to new guys*

Hi.

If you ever want any necromancy doing, I'm your guy.
Welcome to the forums. It's great here.
Also, he lies.
I'm the one you want :smallwink:

Mordokai
2008-10-04, 01:13 PM
*eats Cassie's pie*

See? Not so bad.

*turns green*

On the other hand... If you'll excuse me for just a second...

*runs of in the general direction of the bathroom, comes back looking a little better*

Perhaps you better listen to her after all.

In any case, enjoy your stay. Don't be afraid if you see me and Cristo getting too wacky and/or weird, you'll get used to it soon :smalltongue:

And until you get accustomed, I suggest staying away from Shipping thread :smallwink:

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-04, 01:35 PM
It wouldn't be nearly as weird if you'd stop hitting on me!

anyway...

Welcome to the asylum. Jacket fitting is through the first door on your right.

UltraDude
2008-10-04, 09:36 PM
Yar. Just read the whole of OOTS over the past 2 days. New here, so hey there! :elan:

KnightDisciple
2008-10-05, 02:56 AM
Um. Hi. I'll go by KnightDisciple here.
I've lurked a while. Love OOTS. Love gaming.
I'll make sure not to cause any trouble. :smallwink:

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-05, 02:59 AM
You were fast, UltraDude. You shouldn't have any problems with causing trouble here, KnightDisciple.:smallsmile: (Most of the people are friendly.)

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-05, 03:23 AM
Hello and welcome to the asylum for the duration of your stay.

Warning, stay may induce insanity, +1 insanity, signs of awesome and chronic sillyness.

So please follow the rules and have fun.

I'm sure our resident Cookie Monster will be along shortly then. :smallbiggrin:.
Somebody called me?
Oooh, welcome, fellow cookie lover!

KnightDisciple
2008-10-05, 03:31 AM
Hello and welcome to the asylum for the duration of your stay.

Warning, stay may induce insanity, +1 insanity, signs of awesome and chronic sillyness.

Bit late for that warning, chum. :smallcool::smallbiggrin:

Pan Dildoe
2008-10-05, 06:28 AM
I'm here now too, HURRAY!