PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

DM Shake
2008-10-05, 06:42 AM
DM Shake here to rock the house!
Guaranteed to turn the motherlovin party out!

But srsly, Hi! I am The Delicious Milkshake. You may lavish me with welcome messages now.

Nychta
2008-10-05, 06:46 AM
As a welcome, I'd like to get this song stuck in your heads!

Pan-da Pan-da Panda Pan-da Pan...PAN-DA! (http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr3tO45oZF4)

Arioch
2008-10-05, 06:47 AM
Also, he lies.
I'm the one you want :smallwink:

Don't listen to her! She's not a real necromancer! She's good. She just pretends to be evil to steal my customers.

Also, hi any new new people.

UltraDude
2008-10-05, 10:39 PM
So how much of this thread is actually used to greet people? :smalltongue:

Nychta
2008-10-05, 11:16 PM
So how much of this thread is actually used to greet people? :smalltongue:

Curses! He's on to our cunning plan! You learn quickly.

But seriously, welcome to the playground! We're pretty much all crazy, weird, kind people who wield 1d10 pun grenades.

Yeah, we're purposefully pretty punny people.

*prepares for the stabbings for the alliteration and puns*

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-05, 11:54 PM
Hi! Im TurkeyTGNom!

I play a 23 year old lvl 11 human! arnt i awsome:smallbiggrin:

lol well ive been into pen and paper since i was a kid and some big kids got me into it. got turned on to OOTS when i made my lifelong gnome ranger and someone in the group i played with said that he acted alot like belkar. ive been hooked ever since he showed it to me.

so....whats the CR for a forum troll?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-06, 01:03 AM
Don't listen to her! She's not a real necromancer! She's good. She just pretends to be evil to steal my customers.

Also, hi any new new people.

I've been at this much longer than you...and I may not be evil, but I'm not exactly good either.
Plus, I mean, look at me.
I'm cute and I animate the dead. What more could one want? :smallwink:
All for the low, low, low cost of your eternal soul!

Welcome, again, all newcomers, and come play some silly games over in the SMBG's

Bladed Raven
2008-10-06, 03:18 AM
Hi, I'm BDR. I've was first introduced to this website when I played the OOTS adventure game about three weeks ago. Since then I've read all of the OOTS comic and have become a huge fan.

I eagerly awate the next strip and I am glad to be a member of the forum.

Cheers,
-Bladed Raven

solidrotgut
2008-10-06, 05:46 AM
So... Hello! Hope you're all doing fine. I'm from Brazil, and quite not used to write in english, so sorry for the gramatical errors that are going to be just a bit more frequent than I'd like to.

Renzel
2008-10-06, 10:21 AM
Hey thar, I'm Renzel and I found out about this forum from Ina and have been playing Ravenloft with her and a few others that are members of this site on IRC. Thanks for having me :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2008-10-06, 10:38 AM
Welcome all three of you!

Keller Sapara
2008-10-06, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone. I am new here. I was under the impression I should go about introducing myself here. I am Keller. You have been introduced.

KaMeT
2008-10-06, 03:33 PM
I am an Order of the Stick fan, for a long time.. and only recently realized that there was a forum for such peoples!! I'm happy to be here! Hopefully I won't annoy ya'll. Muahhahhahhahaa.

Pepipanda
2008-10-06, 03:39 PM
Hi! I am up to date on Oots, but I only just started looking at the forums. And um... My favorite character is Vaarsuvius.

Woff
2008-10-06, 05:23 PM
Ayup.

I was introduced here by Dr. Bath, despite his best efforts.

loveandpickles
2008-10-06, 08:38 PM
*waves*
New to both OOTS and the forums, corrupted by blackfox :D

Atomsized
2008-10-06, 08:51 PM
Hello all! Welcome to the forums!

*Points to the Silly Message Board Games section for lots of silly fun*

*Points to Arts N' Crafts thread to adopt/request your own avatar*

The Bushranger
2008-10-06, 08:58 PM
Welcome ladies! I do hope you enjoy your stay here. Remember to visit SMBG; check your sanity at the door and allow the llama to take not so temporary custody of your soul...

Faceist
2008-10-06, 11:09 PM
Hi-yo. I guess I'm a newbie, and am preparing myself for the wacky hazing rituals. I even brought my own paddle.

please don't paddle me

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-06, 11:15 PM
Hi-yo. I guess I'm a newbie, and am preparing myself for the wacky hazing rituals. I even brought my own paddle.

please don't paddle me

Gimmie that paddle :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-10-06, 11:17 PM
...keep that paddle afterwards, would you, dear? I have some...ideas. :smallwink:

Anyway, hello, and welcome to everyone! *huggles for all*

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-07, 12:02 AM
Hmmm. Hot RHL/Cobra action.:smallamused:

Yep, a few some many most Meh, just practically all of us are a bit wacky and insane, so get used to it, have lots of fun, have lots of silly fun in the SMBG and request a custom oots style avatar in the request thread in arts ´n crafts.

Ethrael
2008-10-07, 01:44 AM
Hey the heys everyone! Welcome to the forums! Great to see people spreading the word of GITP. :smallbiggrin:

Remember: whatever you do, do NOT go into the Shipping Thread. That is of course unless you want more RHL/Cobra action...

Do not! :smalltongue:

insanefruitman
2008-10-07, 05:44 AM
Hello everyone, Mango here. There are few things i love more in this world than OOTS...some of those things being breathing, eating, and ocasionally using the bathroom. I'm big into D&D and I'm glad Mr. Burlew decided not to upgrade to 4.0 (not that it doesn't have its merrits) My passion is Shadowrun. I'm in the Military and I currently live in Italy. I think told you everything you need to know. See you all in the Forums

Raien
2008-10-07, 06:52 PM
Hey, I've been reading oots for a while now, but have fallen way behind and am now trying to catch up. I think I looked at the forums at some point but finally decided to join. I'm in a pretty straightforward D&D game right now, but my roommate and I are planning to move to Kansas City when our lease is up so we'll be looking for a new group there.

So anyway, hi! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say and maybe meeting some new gaming friends.

blackfox
2008-10-07, 09:39 PM
*waves*
New to both OOTS and the forums, corrupted by blackfox :D*evilgrin*

Jophes
2008-10-08, 12:17 AM
Hi! I figured I should probably post a "hello I'm new" post. I read the comic religiously and I guess it's about time I registered on the forums! So... hello!

Stealthfox16
2008-10-08, 12:49 AM
Hello. I made this account a long time ago and never did anything with it.... That's likely to change.

Or maybe not as long ago as I thought... Dang stupid short term memory loss.

Guru Gloin
2008-10-08, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a longtime roleplayer/fantasy reader, and just finished reading the OOTS archive. I haven't seen a DND parody that funny in a long time. I can't wait to join in on the discussion here.

23minds
2008-10-08, 06:13 PM
And now I have said hellooo.

pallidsoul
2008-10-08, 07:12 PM
*crawls out of box and waves*

'ello, my names pallidsoul. I likes guitars, and loud music with guitars, and loud guitars with music, and swords.

*crawls back into box*

zeratul
2008-10-08, 07:13 PM
*crawls out of box and waves*

'ello, my names pallidsoul. I likes guitars, and loud music with guitars, and loud guitars with music, and swords.

*crawls back into box*

Mhm, you should fit in here just fine *stamp of approval*:smallamused:

Ego Slayer
2008-10-08, 07:16 PM
*Wanders in* Hey, who left this box lying around? *puts it on hard to reach shelf*

Hello, friend of Zer's. I am Zer's friend too. And B-Man's... or 'that Canadian dude'. Either/or. Welcome. :smalltongue:

Zorander
2008-10-08, 11:49 PM
After drifting away from D&D into the Great Rat Race lo these many years, I am crossing back to the gaming world - Hello, World.:smallamused:

DraPrime
2008-10-09, 07:07 AM
Welcome Zorander! Now go to SMBG to waste time.

Also, you don't happen to have read the Sword of Truth novels? Something about your name makes me suspect that.

Shanty Man
2008-10-09, 02:48 PM
Hello! I am the Shanty man and have never been on this sort of websight before, what the hell is it, what are avatars, and how do you get one... and what the hell is "order of the stick"!?!

I sing and know the lyricks of many many songs

I am a masiv Terry Pratchet fan and also ejoy J.R.R.Tolkeen (not the films as they are crap)

I am tereble at spelling and slightly mad

I lied, very mad

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-09, 02:50 PM
And you're my friend!
So, allow me to welcome you once more to what I believe is the best forum on the internet.
Welcome, enjoy the stay, avoid the pies - they're poisoned. Watch out for white text and allow me to be the first person to *stabbity* you.:smallbiggrin:

DraPrime
2008-10-09, 06:37 PM
Welcome friend of Curly! Now go to SMBG and start wasting your time like the rest of us!

rayne_dragon
2008-10-09, 07:21 PM
Hi. I've been a long time reader of OOTS and after taking a look at the forum a couple of times out of curiosity, I've finally decided to join... so, again, hello.

DraPrime
2008-10-09, 07:59 PM
Welcome rayne_dragon!

Also, you are welcomed to the Secret Society Of People With "Dragon" In Their Usernames. But don't tell anyone about it!

Needle
2008-10-09, 11:45 PM
Hi! I have poison, anyone want to be poisoned? :smallbiggrin:

Egiam
2008-10-10, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone!

can someone please explain something?
At the bottom of my screen is a little tab that says
"You may not post attachments".
What does that mean?
ty

Needle
2008-10-10, 04:26 PM
You can't post files that you upload to the forum server.

Maybe because forums has th attachment option disabled, or they're just for Staff Members, or they're encouraging you to use Sites that let's you upload your own images/music/random files and post the link here (so GITP doesn't lose some space on their HD I guess)

Copacetic
2008-10-10, 05:53 PM
You can't post files that you upload to the forum server.

Maybe because forums has th attachment option disabled, or they're just for Staff Members, or they're encouraging you to use Sites that let's you upload your own images/music/random files and post the link here (so GITP doesn't lose some space on their HD I guess)

Probably the last one. I've been here three years and still don't know. :smallbiggrin:

Sereg
2008-10-10, 10:16 PM
Hi there,

I've been reading OOTS for just under 2 weeks now. Now that I've caught up and checked out these great forums on roleplaying and the comic, I think that I'll enjoy being a member.

Egiam
2008-10-11, 09:22 AM
Thanks!:smallsmile:

Violet Octopus
2008-10-11, 11:03 AM
Been lurking for half a year, decided to register and say hi! And post homebrew.

insecure
2008-10-11, 04:50 PM
Been lurking for half a year, decided to register and say hi! And post homebrew.

Just saw your homebrew, and I must say that that is impressive for a first post.:smallsmile: Keep up the good work!

Drakiin Magis
2008-10-11, 07:28 PM
hello pplz:smallwink:

DraPrime
2008-10-11, 07:31 PM
Welcome Drakiin Magis! Have fun, and beware of angry mods.

Kipper
2008-10-11, 11:32 PM
Greetings all,

My name is Kipper, and while I've had a wavering interest for several years in D&D, I've recently got a few friends together and we've started playing a 3rd edition campaign. I'm now hooked.

I've been reading Order of the Stick for years as well, and it's definitely my favourite comic (even before my sudden obsession with D&D).

I hope that with joining these forums I can speak with like-minded people and further my understanding of Dungeons & Dragons, as well as becoming a better writer. I hope to DM a homebrew campaign one day, and I'm sure the people of this forum will be a great help in that undertaking.

Thanks,
Kipper

golentan
2008-10-12, 02:07 AM
Sorry, I've been posting in several other forums without properly introducing myself. I thought I should rectify that.

I typically go by the name golentan online, but recently my primary name has been Richard. I answer to anything reasonably consistent and not overly insulting. If you have anything you'd like to call me individually, feel free.

I've been lurking for the past two or three years. Figured I'd get into the conversation, meet some new people who I'm unlikely to ever actually meet, you know good stuff like that.

My age is somewhere between 12 hours and "numbers are irrelevant, being finite." I can't be more specific than that because I honestly don't know myself, but I'm fairly sure about the lower bound.

My sins, from greatest to least, are: Pride, Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Gluttony, Lust, and Envy.

I solemnly swear not to kill any of you in your sleep. If you're awake I make no promises. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2008-10-12, 06:26 AM
I solemnly swear not to kill any of you in your sleep. If you're awake I make no promises. :smalltongue:

If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
:smallamused:

Welcome aboard!

dc20willsave
2008-10-12, 03:29 PM
So, introducing myself. This is yet another forum I will probably sign up for then promptly forget I belong to and never post in again after the first 20 posts. So, here I am, hope I can stay addicted.

The_Firenail
2008-10-12, 04:07 PM
Hey guys. I'm practically new here; I found this site at almost a month ago, and read all OotS comics to just understand its plot. I'm just basically here to post my opinions about everything here. Thanks! (heh,"hope I can stay addicted",yeah...)

Xavion&Pavion
2008-10-12, 08:42 PM
Hello all.

My username is Xavion and Pavion. If you hadn't guess, thoose two are my DnD characters. Xavion is the youngest brother of three, and thusly couldn't fight when a horde of goblins and orcs attacked his village. Durning that fight, his father, brother Extation, and Brother Pavion went missing. He already found Extation dead. He found his father Farion diguissed as a cleric by the name of balander, and then he died. So now, he needs to find his brother Pavion.

Pavion, is an easy go lucky kinda guy who enjoys life. After he was captured by goblins, he escaped and returned to his hometown, only to find it had burned to the ground. He sat in the basement of an inn and drank moonshine for a few days, until someone that had adventured with Xavion had tipped him off to his whereabouts, on some island where the current campaign is taking place.

Hasslefriesian
2008-10-13, 04:59 AM
Hello. I'm almost new here.

I've been reading the OOTS strips since the one where Vaarsuvius violated the Chimera Trigak.

I've been playing AD&D since the first edition, but never really got round to making it past 2nd Ed playing in the Forgotten Realms.

Best character ever was a Dwarf Fighter called Borax Bloodaxe and the most fun was a Half Ogre called Grond.

My best times were DMing though. I liked running campaigns in Faerun mostly, a favourite being one where Sembia ended up getting wasted by a Dragonstrike and the Cult ended up in power there for a while before falling in to fighting themselves and Azoun annexed the western portion while the rest fell to feudalism and states governed by Dragons and their followers.

Good times.

So, anyway: "Hi" :)

(Edited for the more obvious typos)

Coplantor
2008-10-13, 02:57 PM
Oh, so you never played 3rd ed? You are one of the few who knows the difference between multiclassing and dual classing. And that only humans can have unlimited progress in every class as well as being the only ones able to become paladins.

@V: That freaking theory got me paranoid since I ever heard of it years ago!

The Berkeleian
2008-10-13, 02:59 PM
Hello, all -- I'm new to the Order of the Stick as of a couple of weeks ago. I haven't played D&D, but I hope to soon. I'm something of a philosopher, as you may have noticed from my username. Berkeley said that reality is only as humans perceive it to be -- that we can only understand sensations and ideas, not general abstractions. So, basically, we could be a brain in a jar that's being stimulated, and we wouldn't know it. It's kind of a cool theory, which is why I use it as my username.

Anyway, if you got through all that I commemorate you. I wish I could explain it more clearly. Looking forward to posting around the boards!

Vinshwitz
2008-10-13, 04:04 PM
what does the chemney say to the other chemney?

DragonDM
2008-10-13, 04:32 PM
Salutations.

Well, I can be found on a few other formums, D&D as well as things that interest me.

About me, well a lot this is already in my profile here, but I will repeat myself just this once.

I have been doing DnD and RPGs for more then 25 years. I have been a Dungeon Master for almost all of that time. I don't consider myself to be the best DM in the universe. I do my best to create interesting and difficult Challenges, but also make sure that there is always more then one way for the problem to be solved - unlike Gary Gygax, who prided himself on making nearly impossible Dungeons, and then expecting everyone else in the World to outsmart him. And then getting mad when they did. Don't get me wrong, I respect Mr Gygax - he did a lot for the Games. But, I refuse to Deify him.

I do have my own Play-By-Post Site, but finding enough people to keep the site active is difficult.

I have noticed that there are a few other "Dragon" named people here.
That is fine: I have a story for why I call myself DragonDM. If asked, I can explain in my own Thread, which I will make here, soon. It makes finding responses to me a lot easier for me to find and respond to.

That is not to say that I won't go and look for other Threads to post in.
Well, I hope to be able find lots of people to make friends with, here.

Hasslefriesian
2008-10-14, 06:57 AM
Oh, so you never played 3rd ed? You are one of the few who knows the difference between multiclassing and dual classing.

And becoming a bard was a royal pain in the arse? Yes, I'm that old :smallsmile:

Coplantor
2008-10-14, 12:19 PM
And becoming a bard was a royal pain in the arse? Yes, I'm that old :smallsmile:

That's really old school, I played second edition once or twice before I got my 3rd ed books. They dont feel like the same game.

Evaine
2008-10-14, 04:10 PM
Hi all! I'm Evaine (at least, online :smallwink:). I've been reading OOTS for many years now. I have all the books, with the exception of War & XP (waiting for Christmas). I am a huge fan of the comic, and after occasionally browsing the forums, I decided to sign up.

I've played D&D for many years, starting with 2nd edition. I used to love playing in Ravenloft and Planescape. I've also played in an original D&D campaign, and have now moved from 3rd to 4th edition. My hubby and I probably have a few thousand dollars in D&D products between us. I'm looking forward to when my daughter is old enough to play (in several years) so we can teach her the joy of pen & paper roleplaying.

VoodooGuru
2008-10-14, 06:50 PM
Hi, longtime reader, new forum member, checking in here. Howdy!

Barmacral
2008-10-14, 08:44 PM
So I was bored and procrastinating on my homework, and wandering around this site anyways, so here I am. The Almighty. Yes, I am full of myself, or at least I like to pretend I am. I'm also Terminally sexy, and not funny, and amazing... and Canadian. Can't get much more awesome than me. Or so I like to think.

Balthain
2008-10-15, 05:39 AM
Ok been reading OOTS for ages now and i realy have to hand it to Rich. He has made a truly marvelous work. Got all the books so far and am about to embark upon the Board game to see what its like. :smallbiggrin:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

late for dinner
2008-10-15, 03:47 PM
Umm....Hi everyone that has already said hello and to everyone who sees my post from here on out...I would like to say that this is an addicting comic and I have already gotten in trouble at work for reading it while on the clock. BUT that is ok. Anyways Here is MY "HELLO" post. I like how fast after I signed up that I got to post things. It doesnt normally happen that way when I sign up for forums

Coplantor
2008-10-15, 03:49 PM
You think that the comic is addictive? Wait till the forum gets into you, it will consume your life! Your life I said! Nah, just joking, have a good time.

Haruki-kun
2008-10-15, 07:47 PM
You think that the comic is addictive? Wait till the forum gets into you, it will consume your life! Your life I said! Nah, just joking, have a good time.

He is in fact, not joking at all. :smalltongue:

Welcome to everyone, I hope you have a great time! :smallsmile:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-10-15, 08:48 PM
Haruki, however, was joking. Just not about what you might not think he wasn't.

Anyways, if you have any questions, feel free to ask around. Also, come to AMEN so we can steal your soul give you free cookies.

sellnikeshoe
2008-10-15, 11:31 PM
Hello.
good day!

Unique
2008-10-16, 12:38 AM
Hello.
good day!NYET! I refuse to greet you.

No...
Must resist...

Ah....

Oh, I can't do it!

*hugs* I'm sorry, I'll never do it again, I didn't mean to...

Cyric Agent
2008-10-16, 10:19 AM
Hi!! Ilo ve the order of the Stick so i hope to be here for a while:smallbiggrin:

Cyric Agent
2008-10-16, 10:23 AM
Hey can somebody tell how i can change my avatar

Cyric Agent
2008-10-16, 10:29 AM
hey have a nice day thanx
:smallsmile:

late for dinner
2008-10-16, 12:37 PM

I figured that out. I have barely worked today because there is so much to read.

Coplantor
2008-10-16, 12:46 PM
Well, it has a good side though. Thursdays I have three of the most boring class hours ever, It's a miracle that I manage to stay awake and the reason why I could today, (And thus being able to pay attention to the teacher) was because I was checking the forums during class time.

Bradakhan
2008-10-16, 02:58 PM
Hi! thought I'd write here:smallbiggrin:
Love the comics, and as Late for Dinner said, they're addictin

fluffy_stingray
2008-10-16, 07:33 PM
hey. =] I'm new here!! I'm hoping to make a few new friends...maybe? xDD
anyway, I'm a pretty cool chick once you get to know me...so yeah. hello to all! ^_^

The Bushranger
2008-10-16, 07:38 PM
Make sure to come visit us in SMBG. The llama will take custody of your soul at the door, don't feed FoE while you're there, and please don't swat at the pixie, it upsets her friends.

I no longer reccomend checking your sanity at the door. I know not this sanity you speak of.

In short: Welcome aboard!

The Bellmaker
2008-10-16, 08:15 PM
Hello! Long time reader, first time poster, to use an old cliche.

alwaysanother
2008-10-16, 08:38 PM
Um, hi everyone =)
Just caught up with comic, and read all the books, so thought I'd join the forum.
Erm, don't really know what to say... I've just started playing DnD 3.5 (and loving it). I'm at uni, studying language. I have other hobbies, including coding and reading and writing.
Oh, and I work in a bar one night a week.
Argg! Can't think what else to type, so yeah.
Nice to be here ^^

Lady Katja
2008-10-17, 11:16 AM
Hi! I've been reading OOTS for the past couple of months now, and decided to join the forums. I'm relatively new to the world of tabletop RPGs (I didn't really get into it until last summer), but I'm learning. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2008-10-17, 11:25 AM
Welcome! Hope you guys and girls have a great time here! :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2008-10-17, 11:32 AM
Well, I've been into OOTS for awhile now, but I actually found this site due to the beginning of the Erfworld strip and the ripples it made, y'know, hearsay and rumor and "dude, check this outs." At least I think Erfworld started about a year ago and I found OOTS shortly thereafter, but only really got into it after finding out that one of my friends here at Uni is a fan (so I was obliged to pick up the pace about delving into the depths of the archives). Eh, call it a year and a half and we'll be good I suppose.

The reason I'm here on the forums is due more to the perception I've gathered as to the skill on the boards as far as roleplaying and design of P&P RPGs go. That, and I really liked the "So you wanna be DM" thread after I found it linked from WOTC after skulking around over there looking for a decent build idea.

So, PRINT HELLO WORLD.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-17, 11:41 AM
Hello and welcome new members!

Request a custom oots style avatar in the arts 'n crafts section in the custom request thread!

And have lots of silly fun in the SMBG department.

Comet
2008-10-17, 03:22 PM
Hello one, hello all. Been lurking around for quite a while but started actually posting not too long ago.

I'm a big fan of OotS and I think the atmosphere on these very forums is refreshingly warm and open, as opposed to some of the flamezones I've witnessed.
I'm really not a terribly active poster, but I'll hang around just the same.

Once again, hi everybody.

TRM
2008-10-17, 03:28 PM
Welcome new peeps!

As others have said, head to SMBG (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34) for silly, message board... games.

And to the Faq (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/faq.php) to find some answers to your questions. If the FAQ doesn't have the question you're thinking of, go over to Board/Site Issues (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25) and ask it!

Plus, have plenty of fun. :smallsmile:

Dark_Harlequin
2008-10-17, 03:45 PM
Hi, I'm new to GitP. Just stopped in to say hi.:smallsmile:

Ticktockcitrus
2008-10-17, 03:50 PM
Hey.

I'm a new member, unless I already registered and have amnesia, or possess alternate personalities I don't know about. Which is unlikely.

My likes include well-organized free weights, martial arts, politics, philosophy, Niccolo Machiavelli, gaming of many types, the cool natural high given when you completely screw up a thoroughly self-righteous jerk's day, the history of pre-columbian america, random trivia about monitor lizard behavior, most of the sciences, the vast majority of cats, cooking, hiking, anyone who can actually make a comic/graphic novel/video game that actually qualifies as art and doesn't suck in the process.

My dislikes include self-righteous jerks who are enjoying life and are entirely satisfied, people who actually believe what their politicians tell them without trying to find any corroborating evidence, the assumption that intelligence is not as important for world leaders as sympathy, uncooked tomatoes, caviar, Ayn Rand, Realpolitik that isn't realistic, having my eyes ripped out by acid-covered spiders while being dipped in hot chocolate by giant evil clowns.

I'm also kinda tall.

Lord Xeno
2008-10-18, 06:49 PM
Hellooo everyone!

I'm Lord Xeno, just call me Xeno. I'm a small fan of the OOTS comics and just decided to join today. And from the looks of what I've seen on the various forums, I'll most likely hang around Arts & Crafts. I'll probably join ABR as well (I'm a fan already)! :smallbiggrin:

I don't draw the OOTS style (completely) and use MS Paint... yep MS Paint, I'm a rebel. :smalltongue:

Very excited to be here and hope to make a ton of friends! :smallsmile:

Haleyintraining
2008-10-18, 07:15 PM
Hi Xeno. Check out the SMBG forum. YOU CAN NOT RESIST THE POWER OF THE SMBGs!

Lord Xeno
2008-10-18, 10:45 PM
Silly Message Board Games, eh?

Mr. Mud
2008-10-18, 10:50 PM
Hi Xeno. Check out the SMBG forum. YOU CAN NOT RESIST THE POWER OF THE SMBGs!

Definately. Hayley is the Queen of the SMBG :smallamused:.

All Hail Queen Haley! *bows*

Dragonrider
2008-10-18, 10:55 PM
Aww, look at all the new kiddies on the block! I remember when I was one of them! :smallbiggrin:

Hello and welcome. I don't exist outside of FB. Except in the Shipping thread. One must always make exceptions for the Shipping thread. We need an excuse to use our brain acid.

I have noticed that there are a few other "Dragon" named people here.

:smallamused: You can say THAT again. And I rule them all! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :smallbiggrin:

Gray Jester
2008-10-18, 11:15 PM
Arr.

I be a Gray Jester.

Or the Gray Jester.

Depends on how egotistical I'm feeling.

I remember things.

Now, where are the tasty neighborhood children?

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Lilly;2805098]Welcome to the sixth incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

Well im new! I love Order of the Stick. Go Belkar:belkar:

And im always lookin for buddies so say hi!

raiderrpg
2008-10-19, 05:49 PM
Hello, everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster.
Glad to be here!

PurpleArcher
2008-10-19, 11:01 PM
Is replying the only way to post, or am I missing something????:smallconfused:

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 01:54 PM
there's a bit of text just below the bottom of the last post that says "Post reply" in big letters. :smallbiggrin: It's on the left.

[TS] Shadow
2008-10-20, 06:24 PM
Hello! I'm new to these forums. Thought I should introduce myself. I'm [TS] Shadow. Fear me.

Lord Herman
2008-10-20, 07:58 PM
Shadow;5142746']Fear me.

:smalleek: Eep!

Welcome, o fearsome one. Have fun on the forums! :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 04:36 AM
Shadow;5142746']Hello! I'm new to these forums. Thought I should introduce myself. I'm [TS] Shadow. Fear me.
Ahk.
It's SHADOW! Run for your lives! He's a wolf I tell you! And it's a TS version of Shadow. AHKKK. *is night-killed*

Erm, yah, you probably won't understand any of that unless you have played Werewolf games in the structured section of SMBG so head out there to find out what I ment and have lots of fun!
Also, head towards the arts 'n crafts sections, the request thread for a custom made oots style avatar!

Em Blackleaf
2008-10-21, 04:27 PM
Shadow;5142746']Hello! I'm new to these forums. Thought I should introduce myself. I'm [TS] Shadow. Fear me.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Have I done enough fearing?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:tongue:

Hi, new members! Welcome! Be sure to stop by SMBGs and friendly banter (wait, you're already there)!

Allysian
2008-10-21, 05:40 PM
Ah, I remember when I was a newcomer, like a week ago... It was so nice!:smallredface: Have fun! :smallsmile:

Dragonrider
2008-10-21, 07:01 PM
Ah, I remember when I was a newcomer, like a week ago... It was so nice!:smallredface: Have fun! :smallsmile:

When I was a newcomer, either Sneak or SDF gave me cookies. I don't remember which. :smalltongue:

'twas scary long ago....

zeratul
2008-10-21, 07:05 PM
When I was a newcomer, either Sneak or SDF gave me cookies. I don't remember which. :smalltongue:

'twas scary long ago....

Old lady dragon rider was a newbie once? :smalltongue:

Twila
2008-10-21, 07:25 PM
Hello! I'm new here so hi!:smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-10-21, 10:49 PM
Hi! Welcome to the Playground! What brings you to our forum? Allow me to be your guide. I should probably warn you, I bite.

Dragonrider
2008-10-21, 11:31 PM
Old lady dragon rider was a newbie once? :smalltongue:

I joined less than two weeks before you did. :smallbiggrin:

Dat makes you almost as old as me. :smallamused:

Fawkes
2008-10-22, 12:12 AM
Heh, it's weird. I wasn't really active until I had already been on the board for over a year, so I've technically been here longer than a lot of the old folks. Even old lady Dragonrider.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-10-22, 01:52 AM

We get cookies if we are new?

*Death puts on his pixie costume*

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/Halloween.jpg

So, about these cookies.....

Lord Herman
2008-10-22, 02:26 AM
DEATH! *huggles* Where've you been?

2008-10-22, 02:43 AM
DEATH! *huggles* Whhttp://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/smilies/smallstick/smallconfused.gifere've you been?

*Near-Death experience time as Lord Herman feels the embrace of Death*

Well, in those parallel universes we have running, turns out a few of them created this thing called the "large hadron collider" a few months ago in their time, and then the waffles were added into the mix.

*shakes head*

Man those things take a long time to clean up. Good thing this thread of reality isn't as gullible as to think of making one!

((Or an alternative explanation is university and lack of internet :smallwink:))

V *Legs it in true style* Good to see you as well, notice how I came back before the Ashes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ashes) :smallwink: Got to love those statistics.

Archonic Energy
2008-10-22, 03:54 AM
*Near-Death experience time as Lord Herman feels the embrace of Death*

Well, in those parallel universes we have running, turns out a few of them created this thing called the "large hadron collider" a few months ago in their time, and then the waffles were added into the mix.

*shakes head*

Man those things take a long time to clean up. Good thing this thread of reality isn't as gullible as to think of making one!

((Or an alternative explanation is university and lack of internet :smallwink:))

*beats DEATH with cricket bat*

good to see you!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 05:24 AM
*welcomes Death back, I strangely feel that somehow that recently after I joined, you became inactive, but that may just be me....:smallconfused:*

I know when DD was a small newbie here he sometimes confused Nameless with Death.

Dragonrider
2008-10-22, 10:15 AM
We get cookies if we are new?

*Death puts on his pixie costume*

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/Halloween.jpg

So, about these cookies.....

:smallbiggrin:

Death makes me young again.

*hands cookie*

Welcome back!

Fawkes
2008-10-22, 10:28 AM
I only recently starting being active, can I get a cookie?

Mordokai
2008-10-22, 10:31 AM

*hands cookie*

Welcome back!

Anybody else finds anything wrong with that statement? :smalltongue:

ghost_warlock
2008-10-22, 11:45 AM
I only recently starting being active, can I get a cookie?

*hands cookie*

In honor of Death's return it's arsenic-chip; very good if you don't mind the afterlife taste.

Fawkes
2008-10-22, 11:46 AM
*noms cookie*

Wait, what?

Dragonrider
2008-10-22, 03:55 PM
Anybody else finds anything wrong with that statement? :smalltongue:

I figured it was best left ambiguous. :smallwink:

Ledzopolis
2008-10-22, 04:57 PM
Long time observer, first time poster! Kind of a newbie to the rpg world, though I've been reading fantasy since I was but a wee lass.

Nerdy girl, into long walks on the Celestial plane, sipping dwarven ale, and listening to the rain as it puts out my pet dragon's handy work.

I run my own d&d game every other Sunday and my friend said GO TO GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND or I won't buy you a taco...

Send me messages! I love messages!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 04:59 PM
Actually your profile says this is your third post...But we don't mind.:smallwink:

Welcome, have fun and lots of silly llama fun!*

* No silly llama's were harmed in the making of this post as they are one of the core devices of this forum.

Fawkes
2008-10-22, 04:59 PM
You'll fit right in. :smallsmile:

remmah
2008-10-22, 05:21 PM
Hi i'm new =)

Long time oots reader but just found out about the forum.

LaKazam
2008-10-22, 10:01 PM
It's kind of weird coming in after the response Death got...
Anyways, I'M HERE!...and looking for a 4E game

2008-10-22, 10:39 PM
It's kind of weird coming in after the response Death got...
Anyways, I'M HERE!...and looking for a 4E game

It's the scythe, gets all the ladies, I see your already goign to be a hit!

Welcome!

Hi i'm new =)

Long time oots reader but just found out about the forum.

Welcome to the Oots forum!

Long time observer, first time poster! Kind of a newbie to the rpg world, though I've been reading fantasy since I was but a wee lass.

Welcome to you as well! Don't worry some of us don't play D&D at all:smalltongue:

*hands cookie*

Welcome back!

Thanks! *cookie mysteriously disappears into the hood*

And not allowed to comment on the second bit, it would ruin all the fun reincarnation theories:smallwink:

Thanks for welcoming me back, and since there is new guys, I can re use old jokes!
A blue and a red ship collided at sea. At last report survivors were marooned.

(1st rule is that you always click spoilers :smalltongue:)

Fawkes
2008-10-22, 10:42 PM
Wouldn't the survivors be purple?:smalltongue:

Calyx Asgard
2008-10-22, 10:49 PM
Evening Everybody!

Inkki prefers to speak in the third person because Inkki is a bit strange in the head.

Inkki isn't sure if they will end up a regular or not in this place but is up for giving it a shot.

StitchwitchD
2008-10-22, 10:58 PM
Hi!

I found this board while googling the names of an old friend. I used to game a lot, but not much time for it anymore.

Despite being online for a long time, I've never done any online gaming (although I've had people urge me to join various MUDDs, MMORPGs, etc.), but you seem like a fun bunch, so I've been looking around. I have read over my husband's shoulder while he was reading particularly humorous threads on other RPG-related boards though.

Do you pick on newbies much around here?

The Bushranger
2008-10-22, 11:48 PM
Nope, we don't pick on newbies. We just permamently borrow their souls. :smallamused:

Welcome aboard!

Roger
2008-10-23, 05:34 AM
Hello, my name's Roger, I've been reading OOTS comic for 1 year now....

*everyone: Hello, Roger!

Also in this very first post i would like to apologize for any of my mistake that may occure in the future, as english is not my native language :)

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-23, 05:36 AM
Your English looks perfect so far, Roger. :smallsmile: Don't worry too much about making mistakes (my typing is awful a lot of the time).

Dornath
2008-10-23, 11:11 AM
Bonjour tous le monde!

French is done now.

I'm kinda new to gaming, been into it for about a year now. I'm Canadian, living in France for this school year. Been lacking in my DnD playings for the past two months. I'm looking to join a game here, but I'm COMPLETELY new to PbP games. Hoping to find a nice GM and group who will take a poor new kid under their wings and help me out.:smallbiggrin:

Been reading OOTS and ERFWorld for about a year or so. Really enjoy it.

Allysian
2008-10-23, 08:10 PM
I'm not new but I still don't know how to make spoilers. How do you make them?

Fawkes
2008-10-23, 08:24 PM
I'm not new but I still don't know how to make spoilers. How do you make them?

put the word spoiler in [ ], then [/spoiler] when you're done.

Allysian
2008-10-23, 08:25 PM
Ah, thank you. :smallbiggrin:

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-24, 01:48 AM
I'm guessing you're a foreign exchange student, right Dornath? How are you finding France? (I've never been there before.)

Kwinza
2008-10-24, 05:12 AM
hey im new, thought i'd say hey =]

KnightNo.37
2008-10-24, 02:46 PM
Yo all. Whassup?

I'm not really new per se. I've been reading Order of the Stick for a quite a while now, started on something like Episode 50. It's just taken me a while to decide to start an account here.

So. Hello.:smallcool:

AetherFox
2008-10-24, 03:24 PM
Have I realy never posted here?:smallconfused:
Ah well. Hello new guys! We look foreward to seeing you in the SMBG and Pbp's!!:smallbiggrin:

-skimmer-
2008-10-24, 05:01 PM
Uh, hi! I am new here! Well, thats all what i wanted to say.:smallbiggrin:

Felixaar
2008-10-25, 01:55 AM
Welcome, new kids! Like Bushranger said we don't normally pick on newbies - there's too many to keep track of - but if you start your own welcome topic devoted to you, your likely to get your organs harvested. But it's all in the name of good fun.

spoiler tags are done like this

your text here

Your english is fine, Roger - what is your first language?

MissHeartless
2008-10-25, 04:46 AM
Hello, people ;P
My name is Petia and I'm 20 :]
I've been reading the OOTS comic for 3 years now but never had a registration here :P So... nice to meet you, you all seem pretty interesting and I'll be glad to discuss stuff with you :P

See ya.:smallsmile:

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-25, 04:48 AM
Thanks.:smallsmile: Is there anything in particular that you wanted to discuss?

Dornath
2008-10-25, 06:18 AM
Oui Tempest.

I'm on a Rotary exchange. Great fun. The country's a great place so far. I've only been here 2 months, but that's still a pretty long time. Specially when I only have 1 year!

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-25, 06:21 AM
Thanks for explaining. I'm pleased it's been going well.

Red Sock
2008-10-25, 08:39 AM
Hi, I'm new here....

Not sure what else I have to say for now.

Prismism
2008-10-25, 11:28 AM
Sup everybody, I am new here. Been reading OOTS for quite a while now, so I just thought I'd drop in and say hi!

Nekobasu
2008-10-26, 01:54 PM
Hello! Have been reading the strip and lurking on the forums for ages, but only just got round to joining in the fun.

Originally found Order of the Stick through TV Tropes, where I occasionally contribute under the name Frau Blucher (the scary old lady from Young Frankenstein!). But I promise not to make excessive tropey references over here ...

Zar Peter
2008-10-26, 02:05 PM
Oh yes, that would be fine... there are soooooo many people here who are using excessive tropey references, one more and the forum will explode. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to all newcomers, have fun, take care of your cookies (otherwise Dallas-Dakota will get them) and visit the SMBG. It's worth it!

Dragonrider
2008-10-26, 02:45 PM
Welcome, new kids! Like Bushranger said we don't normally pick on newbies - there's too many to keep track of - but if you start your own welcome topic devoted to you, your likely to get your organs harvested. But it's all in the name of good fun.

Actually, that kind of thing hasn't happened in a long, time, has it? The people, they learn! :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-26, 02:46 PM
Actually, that kind of thing hasn't happened in a long, time, has it? The people, they learn! :smallbiggrin:

Actually, that hasn't happened because it was deemed spam by the Modders That Be.

Red Sock
2008-10-26, 05:36 PM
Oh yes, that would be fine... there are soooooo many people here who are using excessive tropey references, one more and the forum will explode. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to all newcomers, have fun, take care of your cookies (otherwise Dallas-Dakota will get them) and visit the SMBG. It's worth it!

What if I disable my cookies?

Dragonrider
2008-10-26, 06:32 PM
Actually, that hasn't happened because it was deemed spam by the Modders That Be.

Riiiight...but it used to be they'd post them and then they'd get locked. Is there some kind of filter that now prevents them from being made in the first place?

Anondurl
2008-10-26, 08:35 PM
hi Im a new member trying out posting on a thread. THanks for oots Burlew

Saintjebus
2008-10-27, 03:20 PM
Hello there, all! Just joined(obviously) and am saying hello.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-27, 03:23 PM
Riiiight...but it used to be they'd post them and then they'd get locked. Is there some kind of filter that now prevents them from being made in the first place?

Well, infractions, for one. Most people don't actually want infractions.

Zar Peter
2008-10-27, 04:28 PM
What if I disable my cookies?

DD will eat disabled cookies, too! :smallwink:

Red Sock
2008-10-27, 06:23 PM
DD will eat disabled cookies, too! :smallwink:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Briar
2008-10-27, 11:42 PM
Erm, hello. I don't have anything particularly witty to say, and people are probably sick of the "omg I love OotS!" posts by now, but that's basically all that need be known. :)

Anyone who's on gDNA, feel free to look me up as Pocketwolf, I'm a lot more talkative there!

UncleWolf
2008-10-27, 11:46 PM
Welcome to the Asylum! I mean..er...Playground!

Run while you can!

Felixaar
2008-10-27, 11:47 PM
Well, infractions, for one. Most people don't actually want infractions.

Most. But then theres us rebels.

I think what DR means is that most people who made those topics did so before they realised they weren't alowed to.

Also, welcome, little nerdlings!

Briar
2008-10-27, 11:49 PM

Is it incredibly weird that I find 'nerdling' the most endearing term ever? I'm getting warm fuzzies now.

Thanks for the welcome Wolfbane and Felixaar!

Ryuk
2008-10-28, 08:07 AM
Hi,
I'm new round here.
Looking forward to getting involved with some of the PBP games (although I'm VERY VERY new to PBP.

Dragonrider
2008-10-28, 03:04 PM
Most. But then theres us rebels.

I think what DR means is that most people who made those topics did so before they realised they weren't alowed to.

See, I almost said that, but then I realized our beloved mods have a sense of humor that might get me in trouble. :smallbiggrin:

But yes, that's what I meant.

Ash08
2008-10-28, 07:45 PM
Although the term nerdlings is kinda "fuzzy" I. personally find it rather insulting, because I personally do not think of myself as "fuzzy". And I rather think that I'm a full fledged nerd after over 6 years of it... that is enough isn't it?

Anyway, its great to find a forum attatched on the site I previously thought that its only reason for existance was OOTS...

jack86
2008-10-29, 02:25 AM
Hi,
This is jack.
I am new member on this thread.
I like to play games.

=======================
jack
Link Building (http://www.widecircles.com)

Watkins
2008-10-29, 02:59 PM
Uh... Hi!
I've been reading OOTS and a member of this forum since months ago, but I never join in to discuss something in the forum...
Now, I would like to join some discussion in this forum...! Please guide me, and correct me if I wrong... Thank you.

Huff... Finally...

pyronigra
2008-10-29, 03:11 PM
Hello there,
I've read Oots in 3 days and i think my eyes will never be the same again :smalltongue:
i've become a member recently and i'd like to join the discussions
Tolga from Turkey

xXEXODUSXx
2008-10-29, 03:40 PM
heya

as you can probably guess im new around here

i (unfortunatly) dont play D+D it has been a long time intrest of mine but somthing i have never really got into. so i will be asking around on how to get started. so apollogies in advance for being a noob!

see you around

-R

no0ps
2008-10-29, 04:30 PM
Hello, I am a new member and want welcoming. Have been reading the comics every day for a year... just worked out the forum section is clickable. :smallredface: Feeling a bit silly.

If I don't get a joke, is there somewhere I can ask and have it all explained? I get the majority but, not being a diehard gamer, need a little help sometimes, and don't have a nerdy big brother to ask.:smallbiggrin: I mean... erm... yeah, nerdy'll do.

Lord Herman
2008-10-29, 05:30 PM
Welcome, new people! :smallsmile:

@no0ps: There used to be a thread called 'Jokes you didn't get' in the Order of the Stick subforum, but I think it died. You can, of course, post a new version of that thread if you like. Or just post a separate thread for your question. In any case, that's the subforum for questions about the comic.

Undead Squirrel
2008-10-29, 07:29 PM
Love the comics, love the game, now getting in the fourm.

Atomsized
2008-10-29, 08:02 PM
Welcome everyone :smallsmile:

melileaya
2008-10-30, 12:58 AM
Hello all this is Karen and I'm new. I hope to make more friends I have many on Ever Quest and ex-party members.

Anyone can send me an email @ [email protected]. Now I'm ready to have fun!!

UncleWolf
2008-10-30, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the Playground! There are many bonuses to being a member. There is The Town, Custom Avvies(try to get one as soon as possible), and even the Insane Asylum which is called the Silly Message Board Games area. We normally go by our user names here, but since you said your real name(at least I'm going to assume that it is your name), I shall return the favor. You can call me either Wolfbane or Jeremy, the choice is yours. The only advice I have is just make sure to follow the rules, and stay away from the House of Horrors threads unless you want to lose your Sanity.

wolflord
2008-10-30, 03:30 PM
hello i am wolflord rawr! im new to this whole thing so i need help

UncleWolf
2008-10-30, 04:23 PM
No problem. Just make sure you read and follow The Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1). Feel free to ask any questions you have and I'm sure someone will answer or point you in the right direction.

A Rainy Knight
2008-10-30, 04:43 PM
Hi new people! We're always glad to see new faces around here. Or at least I am. I strongly encourage you to check out the Silly Message Board Games, (SMBGS in the lingo :smallwink:) because they're a lot of fun and are probably the only place that you'll ever see me post.

I hope to see you all around! :smallsmile:

And because personal welcomes are so much better:

Hi No0ps, your desire to be welcomed is fufilled.
Hi Karen, I'll never remember how to spell your username. :smallbiggrin:
Hi Undead Squirrel, don't touch my zombie acorns.
Hi Wolflord, I'm more of a cat person but I'm glad to meet you anyways.

no0ps
2008-10-30, 04:50 PM
Oh, you're all so lovely! It's good to be here. And uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuyh,cx my cat says

Dyvim Matt
2008-10-30, 08:57 PM
Hi everybody! (insert witty declaration of OotS and RPG fandom here) I'm simply posting this to see what my avatar looks like. I don't think I know anyone here, but I'm sure we'll get along just fine!

(hoping my avatar won't look too bad... :smalleek:)

EDIT: Well, not too bad I guess. I'll just pretend the red splotch on his chest is portrait of Cthulhu, and it should be fine...

afroakuma
2008-10-30, 08:59 PM
Hello fellow Canadian! (Probably)

Wittiness, OotS fandom and RPG fandom are all appreciated here. You'll get along nicely.

Dyvim Matt
2008-10-31, 07:37 AM
Hello Afroakuma!

Yes, I'm Canadian. You have definitely one of the funniest avatars around!

DISCO HADOKEN!!!

randman22222
2008-10-31, 08:52 AM
Welcome to all the pixies. The line for being taser'd is to your left, marked by the yellow tape. :smallsmile:

kittycatZ
2008-10-31, 12:23 PM
Hi, I am new and lurking a bit.

Tisaeus
2008-10-31, 04:30 PM
Hello! New here aswell.

siegv
2008-10-31, 07:51 PM
yo (tremble in fear at my all encompassing vague statement)

Sneak
2008-10-31, 07:57 PM
yo (tremble in fear at my all encompassing vague statement)

Oh, I'm trembling alright. :smalltongue:

Welcome to you, and welcome to everyone else as well.

Jeffling
2008-11-01, 12:29 AM
So I guess this is my generic introduction bit. I'm not entire sure what I should write here, but I'll do my best.
I've been reading OotS for quite a while now, but I've never felt the need to join the forums till now. I've never posted in any forum, or played a (real) role playing game ever :smallfrown:, which is mostly why I joined.

Steven
2008-11-01, 12:32 AM
The names Brown. Steven Brown... You can call me.. Well anything you like.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-01, 02:19 AM
The names Brown. Steven Brown... You can call me.. Well anything you like.

Steven?
Heh. I like it. :smallwink:

Kagehime
2008-11-01, 10:38 AM
Hello, all! Well, after a long time of reading, I've finally gotten around to joining the forums for the best RP-based webcomic I've ever seen.

I've got a lot of ideas for my own campaign settings, some original but many based on personal favorites (I guess you could tell, huh?). Here's hoping somebody will be interested :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-01, 12:02 PM
Steven?
Heh. I like it. :smallwink:
Why am I reminded of that series on Comedy Central where three guys and a girl who run a bar?:smallwink:

Also, welcome all new members!

pman.512
2008-11-01, 07:39 PM
Hi I likek g.i.t.p (Giant in the Playground) but how do I get an avitar :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2008-11-01, 07:45 PM
So I guess this is my generic introduction bit. I'm not entire sure what I should write here, but I'll do my best.
I've been reading OotS for quite a while now, but I've never felt the need to join the forums till now. I've never posted in any forum, or played a (real) role playing game ever :smallfrown:, which is mostly why I joined.

That's OK, this is a nice place to start. That was also my situation when I joined. :smallsmile:

Hi I likek g.i.t.p (Giant in the Playground) but how do I get an avitar :smallbiggrin:

Here is the Avatar Adoption Center, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936) where you can look through a few pages of Avatars and request to use them from the artist

And here is the Request Thread, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589) where you can specifically ask for a custom-made one.

You can also PM an avatarist whose work you like and ask him/her directly for an avatar if you wish.

Aegis
2008-11-01, 09:58 PM
TREMBLE IN FEAR, BRIEF MORTALS. DOOM HAS COME TO THIS LAND!

...ok i'll stop quoting warcraft iii now.

So, uh, hi, read OoTS a while ago, thought it was alright, then actually played DnD for the first time a couple months ago, reread OoTS, and found it about three times funnier.

And now I'm on your forums. Why? Iunno.

ghost_warlock
2008-11-01, 11:24 PM
TREMBLE IN FEAR, BRIEF MORTALS. DOOM HAS COME TO THIS LAND!

...ok i'll stop quoting warcraft iii now.

So, uh, hi, read OoTS a while ago, thought it was alright, then actually played DnD for the first time a couple months ago, reread OoTS, and found it about three times funnier.

And now I'm on your forums. Why? Iunno.

Obviously, you've come for the cake and cookies.

*points to refreshments table*

Careful, the cookies are arsenic-chip. I've had complaints about them giving people upset tummies. :smallfrown:

WinterSolstice
2008-11-01, 11:26 PM
I just joined a few days ago.
Hello All!:smalltongue:

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 11:28 PM
Hello, Winter! Welcome!:smallbiggrin:

Aegis
2008-11-01, 11:32 PM
Obviously, you've come for the cake and cookies.

*points to refreshments table*

Careful, the cookies are arsenic-chip. I've had complaints about them giving people upset tummies. :smallfrown:

*pauses with fourth handful of cookies already mid-nom and the fifth on the way*

...Huh. Really? I was wondering where that delicious almost flavor was coming from. *resumes nomming*

Uncle Festy
2008-11-01, 11:38 PM
Welcome, all! Welcome, welcome, welcome! :smallbiggrin:

InksGuy
2008-11-02, 06:04 AM
Welcome, one and all!

It's not the cookies you want to worry about, they're relatively harmless compared to to the Jelly (Gelatin?).

It's actually a miniature Gelatinous Cube. You'd better roll some good saves.

/Tangent/

Welcome, anyway. :smalltongue:

Hida Reju
2008-11-02, 07:25 AM
Hello to all, love the comic and play Spycraft 2.0 and D&D 3.5.

randman22222
2008-11-02, 07:30 AM
Ooooh, I spy the Litany Against Fear. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway,
*Tasers the newcomers.*
*On a low setting.*

'S what I do. :smallconfused:

Cicciograna
2008-11-02, 09:34 AM
Hi there, I'm Cicciograna, a new entry from Italy! I really like this forum, and often came here for advice for my DMing, so I finally decided to join: nice to meet you all!

Recaiden
2008-11-02, 09:39 AM
Hi there, I'm Cicciograna, a new entry from Italy! I really like this forum, and often came here for advice for my DMing, so I finally decided to join: nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the playground!

Cicciograna
2008-11-02, 10:09 AM
Thank you Recaiden, and thank you all!

BTW, I love OOTS! Hope you like my avatar...took hours to draw it: I have 0 ranks in Craft (Drawing)...:smallsmile:

tokonaut
2008-11-02, 05:03 PM
shiny new boy here!!

i started playing D and D recently and i wonder where i would post the question ---> what doess BBEG mean? along with the meaning of cheese and why the wizard is considered so strong along with the druid and any other "overpowered" characters out there.

Cicciograna
2008-11-02, 05:09 PM
what doess BBEG mean?

Big Bad Evil Guy. I discovered it just today!!!:smallsmile:

RTGoodman
2008-11-02, 05:12 PM
Welcome, one and all, to this great Playground of ours.

shiny new boy here!!

i started playing D and D recently and i wonder where i would post the question ---> what doess BBEG mean? along with the meaning of cheese and why the wizard is considered so strong along with the druid and any other "overpowered" characters out there.

Well, welcome to the ranks of us gamers. Those are some doozies of questions that have spawned numerous threads each, but I'll try to give you some brief answers. :smallwink:

-BBEG - Big Bad Evil Guy (the "boss" or main bad guy in a game/show/movie

-Cheesiness is the quality of some classes, races, feats, and other aspects of a game that are, either by themselves or when used incorrectly or with certain other items, horrendously overpowered or game-destroying. Using a candle of invocation to summon some powerful creature that can grant you wishes and thereby gaining infinite wishes, for instance, is pretty cheesy.

-The Wizard, like other "powerful" classes, is so powerful for many reasons. First, its spells, especially at higher levels but occasionally even at low levels, give it instant "win-buttons" that can effectively end an encounter single-handedly. Combined with spells that make them invincible and even MORE spells that can replace whole other classes (knock replacing rogues, for instance), you've got a class that's much better than, say, the Fighter, who spends his time charging, attacking, full attacking, or power-attacking.

EDIT:

Look at this guy - it's his first day in the Playground and he's already ninja'd someone. They grow up so fast. :smallbiggrin:

tokonaut
2008-11-02, 05:21 PM

yes my assumption was right! yay!!

so is the wizard considered more powerful than the socerer? 'cuz I really like the scorcerer he doesn't have all that needless mucking about with spell books.

Cicciograna
2008-11-02, 05:51 PM
Look at this guy - it's his first day in the Playground and he's already ninja'd someone. They grow up so fast. :smallbiggrin:

Hmmm, you're right, my first day... And this is the clue: what does "ninja'd" means? :smallsmile:

EDIT: okay, found out. Ah, Internet...:smallwink: Sorry, anyway: didn't want to seem disrespectful...

so is the wizard considered more powerful than the socerer?

IMHO it depends form many factors. I'm of the opinion that no class is better than another for itself alone: we cannot therefore say that a wizard is better than a sorcerer. One has to considerate each class in the framework of her party and the particular situation in which he is: alone, a wizard may prove very resourceful, but even his spells finish; a sorcerer on his own could be less versatile, but if he is in a situation where multiple instances of a spell are required he could outsmart the wiz. This is why adventurers don't go alone: if the wizard finishes his spell there's the fighter to protect him; if the fighter needs some buffings, here comes the sorcerer! A buff-sorcerer is an invaluable ally for the other party members (even if less attractive than a mobile artillery system, hurling Fireballs 6 times per day and more...), but in an out-of-his-role situation (a non-combat one, for instance) a sorcerer proves less valuable than a wizard.
So there are pro and cons: personally, I prefer the versatility of the wizard. Sure, less spell in a day, the need to preselect them every morning, the frustration of not having the right spell at the right moment...but many more spells known than the sorcerer, high versatility, Scribe Scroll (invaluable), nice skills, the possibility to create Wondrous Items (it's hard for a sorcerer to meet the spell prerequisites: sure there are the scrolls, but it could be hard to find them...); but I don't underestimate the sorcerer: a Sor/Fgt buffing himself before any battle is very dangerous, a wizard against a Dispel magic sorcerer (and with Improved and Reactive Counterspell) risks to see all of his spell countered (really, really frustrating...)... Even a continuous streak of Mirror image could nullify the onslaught of a fighter...
Obviously this is just my opinion, but I wont' say that the wizard is better than the sorcerer.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-11-02, 08:14 PM
Χαιρετε ὠ παντες, for I am back, following a dashing tale of derring-do and hiding from an angry e-mob of white nationalists.

IMHO it depends form many factors. I'm of the opinion that no class is better than another for itself alone: we cannot therefore say that a wizard is better than a sorcerer. One has to considerate each class in the framework of her party and the particular situation in which he is: alone, a wizard may prove very resourceful, but even his spells finish; a sorcerer on his own could be less versatile, but if he is in a situation where multiple instances of a spell are required he could outsmart the wiz. This is why adventurers don't go alone: if the wizard finishes his spell there's the fighter to protect him; if the fighter needs some buffings, here comes the sorcerer! A buff-sorcerer is an invaluable ally for the other party members (even if less attractive than a mobile artillery system, hurling Fireballs 6 times per day and more...), but in an out-of-his-role situation (a non-combat one, for instance) a sorcerer proves less valuable than a wizard.
So there are pro and cons: personally, I prefer the versatility of the wizard. Sure, less spell in a day, the need to preselect them every morning, the frustration of not having the right spell at the right moment...but many more spells known than the sorcerer, high versatility, Scribe Scroll (invaluable), nice skills, the possibility to create Wondrous Items (it's hard for a sorcerer to meet the spell prerequisites: sure there are the scrolls, but it could be hard to find them...); but I don't underestimate the sorcerer: a Sor/Fgt buffing himself before any battle is very dangerous, a wizard against a Dispel magic sorcerer (and with Improved and Reactive Counterspell) risks to see all of his spell countered (really, really frustrating...)... Even a continuous streak of Mirror image could nullify the onslaught of a fighter...
Obviously this is just my opinion, but I wont' say that the wizard is better than the sorcerer.

Prepare for Emperor Tippy-based berations on a major scale :smalltongue:. There are many round here who would exalt the wizard above all others.

AsuroftheStair
2008-11-03, 03:18 AM
Hello to all! I love OOT and all roleplaying-games, especially D&D (have only had the pleasure of playing 3.0, 3.5, and Advanced 2nd Edition).

so is the wizard considered more powerful than the socerer? 'cuz I really like the scorcerer he doesn't have all that needless mucking about with spell books.

On paper, wizards may seem more powerful, especially for gaining Prestige Classes or Power-Plays like getting new spell levels a level before sorcerers, extra feats, no increased spellcasting time for metamagic feats, and the ability to know as many spells as they want (as long as they have enough paper).

But it balances out given the magnitude of the sorcerer's advantages: number of spells, not having to memorize, always having their spells and proficiency with all simple weapons. It's also easier to make them look awesome, have interesting pasts, and interesting ways to interact with the universe (given that sorcerers are just born with it, as a default).

In addition, your DM should be able to make the experience enjoyable whether you're a wizard or sorcerer.

Cicciograna
2008-11-03, 07:35 AM
Prepare for Emperor Tippy-based berations on a major scale :smalltongue:. There are many round here who would exalt the wizard above all others.

As I said, I too prefer wizard instead of sorcerer, so probabily I will agree with many of the argumentations of the wizard-enthusiasts; what I intended to say in my post (that is, and I repeat it, just my humble opinion) is that sorcerers are not so underpowered compared to wizards. There are situations where a sorcerer could be better than a wizard, and other in which the sorcerer is useless and the wizard could make the difference: so it depends...
And I agree with AsuroftheStair: it's up to the DM to give to players a cool gaming experience, whatever their class could be.

Reb46
2008-11-03, 08:58 AM
Hi all, I'm new here. I play D&D and follow OOTS from... huh... 2 months? By the way, the forum says my avatar isn't in the correct format, but I think "http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psykeepermdxavatarbelnx7.jpg" is good, help please XD.

P.S. ciao Ciccio XD

UncleWolf
2008-11-03, 09:02 AM
How large is it? If the picture is too big, it may not be accepted.

Reb46
2008-11-03, 09:04 AM
The size doesn't matter, you can set it in the CP. But maybe now I have the solution to my problem.
Ok, the avatar is fine now, but it's too small XD

UncleWolf
2008-11-03, 09:07 AM
Glad that I was no help what so ever.:smallsmile:

Reb46
2008-11-03, 09:12 AM
Thanks, though ^_^b
I just modified it and let's check how is it now.

Cicciograna
2008-11-03, 09:32 AM
Yeeee, un compaesano! Ciao Reb46!

Reb46
2008-11-03, 09:44 AM
Non è che abitiamo così vicini, ma l'importante è crederci XD

Vagnarok
2008-11-03, 06:05 PM
Greetings all,
I have been a loyal reader of Order of the Stick since Roy put on that sex changing girdle, but I never really noticed the forum before. I figure I'll see what you guys are all about, as I already frequent a couple other forums daily.

See you around!

shmily
2008-11-04, 04:31 PM
hello~every one~
I am a freshman for this forum~
:smallsmile:

Mintus
2008-11-04, 05:29 PM
Hello everybody!

Zar Peter
2008-11-04, 05:32 PM
The Playground greets all new members and hopes they soon will assimilate.

Beholder1995
2008-11-04, 06:49 PM
The Playground greets all new members and hopes they soon will assimilate.

Now now, Zar Peter, you shouldn't scare the newbies with our single-minded dogma.

Yet.

DM_Dad
2008-11-04, 10:02 PM
Hello, I just joined to post about the Charity money thing, but then noticed that the 10 pages of previous posts pretty well covered it. Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I've been an avid reader of OoTS for some time now.

UncleWolf
2008-11-04, 10:23 PM
*Kills the clones*
Back off! You stay away from the pixies!
They need to be individuals so they can make a name of themselves here!
(to the newcomers) Its nice that you want to be here, please ignore the mess made by the clones(no permanent damage done, they are clones after all). It is actually Clone Week for some people and I'm a member of the local Rebellion.

Just ask anyone with for help and just follow the rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1).

Have fun!

Coplantor
2008-11-04, 10:31 PM
Now now, Zar Peter, you shouldn't scare the newbies with our single-minded dogma.

Yet.

Is it time now? Can we start our heaven-through-the-loss-of-individuality propaganda now?

orthan
2008-11-04, 10:32 PM
Hi everyone I am new to the forum but a long time reader (since around the 300s-400s were new)

I love the comic so I hope I love the forum

UncleWolf
2008-11-04, 10:36 PM
*slices the cloneplantor in half, lengthwise*
Run away pixies, don't let the clones touch you!
I'll fend them off, but you have to run!

ding

Yay! I gained a level!:smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2008-11-04, 11:05 PM
Welcome, new members! You have walked in just in time for a Theme Week! It's Clone Week!

Infinitymaster
2008-11-04, 11:48 PM
Greetings all,
I have been a loyal reader of Order of the Stick since Roy put on that sex changing girdle, but I never really noticed the forum before. I figure I'll see what you guys are all about, as I already frequent a couple other forums daily.

See you around!

Seconded!
Hello all, I've been reading the Order since I first found the book on a shelf, and have since read all of the comics on this website...

Still looking forward to the next one, and glad I found this forum....

Seer
2008-11-05, 03:35 AM
Hola! I've been reading OOTS and Erfworld for about a year, since I was referred to it by a friend. I've only recently started looking around on these forums. I don't know how I'd ever keep up with all of it!

Anyway, I've gamed (as a player and a DM) in D&D and WOD, and some D20 in Game of Thrones, and on-line PbPs and Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer, since about 1997. Currently I DM and play on a Neverwinter Nights PW based on Robert Jordan's epic Wheel of Time. I'm also a wannabe author, with alot of ideas bouncing around in my skull, and finally letting them all out. Some of them, I'm told, aren't half-bad. Anyways...

I've been enjoying alot of the conversations here, so I think I'll stick around. Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

UncleWolf
2008-11-05, 09:12 AM
Hola! I've been reading OOTS and Erfworld for about a year, since I was referred to it by a friend. I've only recently started looking around on these forums. I don't know how I'd ever keep up with all of it!

Generally, you don't ever really keep up. Just act like you do and you'll be fine.

Charity
2008-11-05, 10:31 AM
Hello, I just joined to post about the Charity money thing, but then noticed that the 10 pages of previous posts pretty well covered it. Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I've been an avid reader of OoTS for some time now.

Look it was just lying there in your wallet, it could have happened to anyone sheeesh.

MalachiteBR
2008-11-05, 02:33 PM
Hello im a new member also, i read all the comics so far.

Ill soon buy some of the books, but its kinda hard for me, considering im from other country....

Bergett
2008-11-05, 07:18 PM
meh I still need to read a lot of comics considering OOTS but his is really a test post to see if my profile is working correctly...

UncleWolf
2008-11-05, 07:38 PM
meh I still need to read a lot of comics considering OOTS but his is really a test post to see if my profile is working correctly...

It looks like it is.

Wildrunner
2008-11-05, 08:56 PM
Just dropping by to say hello! Apparently it has been quite awhile since I was on. :smallredface:

Sneak
2008-11-05, 10:12 PM
We would like to welcome all of you on behalf on the playground. We hope you enjoy your stay.

UncleWolf
2008-11-05, 10:49 PM
Welcome, and I'm not sure if animated signatures are allowed or not, so you'll have to check.

Chas the mage
2008-11-05, 10:50 PM
Hello people! I have come forth from the world of online gaming to observe this forum, and have social interaction...
(sup dudes!?) :tongue:

Haruki-kun
2008-11-05, 11:39 PM
Welcome, and I'm not sure if animated signatures are allowed or not, so you'll have to check.

(I'm afraid they're not.)

Hi, new guys! Welcome to the Playground! We hope you enjoy your stay!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-11-06, 03:24 PM
Yes. On the behalf of the collective mind, we welcome you. We hope you do so have fun. :smallsmile:

Rising Phoenix
2008-11-06, 09:09 PM
Hello all,

Been reading the comic and stalking the forum for a while now...Nice to 'be here' and hope to have fun with you people.

Cheers and nice to meet you! :)

R.P.