PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20

Ovaltine Patrol
2009-02-04, 11:05 PM
Howdy, I'm new here. I enjoy reading Order of the Stick and Erfworld. I play BESM, D20 Modern, Dungeons and Dragons (2.0 and 3.5), and Vampire the Masquerade. I've got some books for Top Secret and Exalted but I have never played either of those games.

I used to play mostly oddball characters that weren't always helpful in combat situations, but since I have moved to Texas I have been more interested in character optimization.

I look forward to talking about the web comics and gaming with you all.

Assassin89
2009-02-04, 11:10 PM
Welcome Ovaltine Patrol
*gives survival kit*
enjoy your times in the forums.
I played a tiefling fighter in a single 4th edition campaign, but I mostly play 3.5.
My first character, a cleric, died due to a negative energy battery in a campaign meant for 6th level characters, and he was 3rd level, but his stats were not that good.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-05, 05:38 AM
I've never heard of Top Secret. What is the game like?

Uzirael
2009-02-05, 11:11 AM
<- omg Eine weitere neue Person. So, around today I finally realized that giantitp had a forum...and now I believe I completely forgot what I was going to say T-T but still hope to have a good time here, everyone sounds nice from what I've read!

Dragonrider
2009-02-06, 01:28 AM
Glad you jumped on in! :smallbiggrin: It's the awesomest place on the internet. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Desouulm
2009-02-06, 04:16 AM
After following the comic for yonks now, I've finally decided to look around the forums. The discussions finally reeled me in and the urge to post responses necessitates an account. So here I am!

Hello, me!

Felixaar
2009-02-06, 05:48 AM
Glad you jumped on in! :smallbiggrin: It's the awesomest place on the internet. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Urge. To disagree. OVERPOWERING!

*synapse burst*

She's right though. Despite being my all time nemesis, I am forced to agree on this issue - theres no better place to be than the Playground.

Welcome newwies! They might say all this stuff about look out for felix and survival kits and tall handsome strangers with candy, but I have skittles. Or I would if Alleine hadn't stolen them all and used them to support his throne.

Where was I? Welcome!

warman40k
2009-02-06, 11:02 AM
Noob here! Woooo!
I enjoy reading OOTS, TSOALR, and many others. As for games, I like D+D (go figure), Warhammer 40k, NWOD, and Dark Heresy.

Anubis039
2009-02-06, 06:15 PM
Hello, This is the first forum I have (ever) signed on to.
I'm probably just going to look for the most part, but if i see somewhere I could be helpful, I will put forward my piece.

The Blackbird
2009-02-06, 08:35 PM
Hey I'm new(ish) I've actually been on here for about a month, but I've only skimmed around the OOTS forum, never been many other places. So hola everyone.

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-02-06, 10:42 PM
Hi. I'm CapedLuigiYoshi, obvoiusly (was going to be CapedLuigisYoshi, but apparently there's a 15-letter rule). I got into the comic somewhere between OotS strips #600 and #601, and I started looking at these forums somewhere around #620. I knew pretty much nothing about D&D when I started reading, and I still don't play it, but I understand almost all the jokes in the strip.

Felixaar
2009-02-06, 11:50 PM
Noob here! Woooo!

I like him already!

Also, wow, four new members in a day. This is going to require expertise beyone my knowledge...

Naww, we all know there's no such thing.

Welcome, all! I look forward to seeing you all around.

Phule
2009-02-06, 11:59 PM
My name is Phule. I happen to be new to the thread because I would love to add a new Quote shirt for GITP to sell. The quote is the best for anyone playing a wizard, sorcerer, warlock, or any other spellcasting class. This one is from episode #20.

"Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion!"
-Vaarsuvius

If anyone can tell me how to direct this to the product people, PLEASE let me know via my [email protected]

thank you.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-07, 02:24 AM
There is a sub-forum which deals with product ideas (I think). You'd be better off posting there. (I'll try to find it for you.)

EDIT: I'm really sorry, but I can't find it.:smallfrown:

Wizard-of-odd
2009-02-07, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone!

Long time OoTS fan, first time poster. Mostly joining up because I'm interested in learning more about D&D in general and maybe playing some PbP games.

Mr. Mud
2009-02-07, 08:12 PM
Howdy Wizard of Odd. I don't think you could have picked a more confusing time to join, in the midst of GB week setup, and server changing, but nevertheless welcome :smallbiggrin:!

Wings2k2
2009-02-08, 04:19 AM
Hello! I've been reading this comic for a couple of years now, and the forums for a few months, and have just now decided to join in the fun. Anyway thats it for the obligatory first post, see you around.

Ershin
2009-02-08, 04:32 AM
Hey all, good to meet you! :smallbiggrin:

I've been reading the comic for a few years now and have been lurking the forums and thought I might join in.

I'll see you all in the forums then :smallsmile:

It's_me_Emma
2009-02-08, 02:01 PM
Hello I'm Emma... I just wanted my user name to be simply "Emma" but it was taken. I have been looking for a very long time for a forum I like but there always seems to be a few people who make me want to leave...

I know that my spelling and grammar stinks so you don't have to tell me!

Fredthefighter
2009-02-08, 02:06 PM
Welcome all.
Here are your survival kits.
And Ershin, I'd run before Felixaar glomps you.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-08, 02:25 PM
Why do people want you to leave, Emma? Most people here are nice, (dispite the survival kit meme) so that isn't likely to happen here.

Lawl
2009-02-08, 09:46 PM
I'm new here. :D Kind of.
Anyways, I like playing D&D and stuff. >:
Hai.

Uzirael
2009-02-08, 11:04 PM
Welcome recent new people that have registered within 2days time! (since i'm a bit lazy otherwise :smallfrown:) I have no clue what i could really say as a welcome that most haven't already said other than i hope to see some of you in a campaign (or anyone but still...)

Oh snap, i missed someone who (by my browser) posted in-between my writing the greeting so i must include them too. welcome (person whose name i forgot within 10seconds of writing this :smallredface:)

Assassin89
2009-02-08, 11:08 PM
Welcome new members, survival kits will no longer be given, they are now called care packages

*hands package with label covering the words "survival kit"*

Please do not upset the forum staff.

Felixaar
2009-02-09, 12:25 AM
There is a sub-forum which deals with product ideas (I think). You'd be better off posting there. (I'll try to find it for you.)

EDIT: I'm really sorry, but I can't find it.:smallfrown:

I think we must have lost that one with all the other stuff. A shame, but it's not that suprising, it was a bit of a wasteland. I don't think Rich pays a lot of attention to merchandise suggestions anyway.

Welcome all.
Here are your survival kits.
And Ershin, I'd run before Felixaar glomps you.

Hmm? Why?

...*sniffs at Ershin*

...Red dirt?

...Eucalyptus?

...Pavlova? Vegemite? IT IS!

FELLOW AUSTRALIAN!

*wraps himself tightly around Ershin and clings* Hi! Make sure to check out the Australia in the Playground thread in Friendly Banter. Where are you from? I hope your safe from Bush Fires and Floods and Tasmanians.

Welcome, all others!

You won't have to worry about that sort of stuff here, Emma. Here, it's the people who try to make other people leave that are made to leave. We're a friendly, charitable bunch, and I'm sure we'll all get along splendidly. And don't worry about Spelling or Grammar - mine is absolutely atrocious, and I still haven't been lynched. And yours is fine, anyway :smallbiggrin:

Wizard of Odd, I absolutely love your username. I wish I'd thought of it first :smallconfused:

Oh, and as for that Anti-Felix spray in the "Care Packages"? It's... uh... faulty. Throw it in that incinerator and I'll get you a new one. Not.

Heh. Welcome again :smallsmile:

UncleWolf
2009-02-09, 12:27 AM
*puts Felixaar into a straight jacket*

Sorry for the disturbance, he keeps escaping somehow.

It won't happen again.

Dragonrider
2009-02-09, 01:04 PM
*helps Wolfbane tie him up*

HE - KEEPS - FRIGGIN' - CONTRADICTING ME! :smallmad:

:smallbiggrin:

Aww. We loves him. :smallamused:

To Wolfbane:

Just...get the gag...in....

UncleWolf
2009-02-09, 01:18 PM

HE - KEEPS - FRIGGIN' - CONTRADICTING ME! :smallmad:

Aww. We loves him. :smallamused:

To Wolfbane:

Just...get the gag...in....

*hands a leather gag*

Its your turn to put the gag in. I got bit last time and it is still infected.

Its worse than when I got bit by that Komodo Dragon that got loose last week. And those bites have been known to be poisonous enough to kill Cape Buffalo.

Assassin89
2009-02-09, 02:39 PM
*puts Felixaar into a straight jacket*

Sorry for the disturbance, he keeps escaping somehow.

It won't happen again.

This is why I put anti-glomp armor, not anti-felix spray in the survival kits/care packages, so that glomping does not occur that often.

Felixaar
2009-02-09, 08:38 PM

*pinches self*

Holy Crap!

I'm usually dreaming when this happens! :smallamused: :smallwink:

Thundagard
2009-02-09, 11:03 PM
Hi! I'm a heavy World of Warcraft addict, but I like DnD type games, too... also, it'd be kinda nice to find some intelligent conversation on the internet. Loving OOTS, up to number 628 right now, and a real life friend directed me to the forums... and the site, generally... and... uh, yeah. That's about it.

Jillian Tealeaf
2009-02-10, 12:31 AM
i <3 oots!!
i've been reading ever since someone in my DnD group discovered it, like a year and a half ago. I love halflings and drows, and i always play one or the other.
so hello to everyone, hearts and hugs all 'round. ^.^
oh my holy snaps, i just realized we get to use oots facial expression smileys. O.O i've been wanting to do that for like 6 months now! oh, the happiness never ceases.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-10, 02:22 AM
I hope you both enjoy it here. Thundagard, I can't help but think your avatar/sig are ironic considering how it's almost Gender Bender week (it's unusual for new mem bers to join these theamed weeks this quickly:smalltongue:).

Ovaltine Patrol
2009-02-10, 03:16 AM
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been without internet access for a few days. Thank you for the warm welcome!

I've never heard of Top Secret. What is the game like?

Top Secret is an espionage themed tabletop role playing game released in the 1980s. The core books detail a conflict between two fictional agencies, but later books had options for playing agents from real-world agencies from a variety of countries.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-10, 03:20 AM
Thanks for explaining. I only play 3.5 D&D, but I'd like to try Mazes and Minotaurs as well, if I could find someone who's got experience with it. Top Secret sounds interresting, though. I take it that it's realistic rather then having things like large amounts of magic, right?

Ovaltine Patrol
2009-02-10, 03:51 AM
Thanks for explaining. I only play 3.5 D&D, but I'd like to try Mazes and Minotaurs as well, if I could find someone who's got experience with it. Top Secret sounds interresting, though. I take it that it's realistic rather then having things like large amounts of magic, right?

That's mostly right, there are options for fictional technologies, some of which are no longer fictional in 2009. I don't know much more about it though, my friends and I were hoping to give it a whirl soon.

Perhaps I'll start a thread in the appropriate area to tell everyone about it when I've had the chance.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-10, 03:54 AM
If you've not seen it, you'll need this section: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51 . Good luck if you run a game using that system.:smallsmile:

(Posting about the system in the Gaming section would help to build interest in the system as well.)

Uzirael
2009-02-10, 11:48 AM
welcome new people as always...if you ask me, here unlike most other places has the biggest variety in games as in from Red Hand of Dawn to Star Wars to d20 Modern.

@thunda: yeah you come from WoW but have you broken free of it's addiciton?...i can't explain it but it's nice to be free of its soul-takingness >w<
...even though i have moved onto AoC now though :smallfrown:

MorelHighground
2009-02-10, 04:41 PM
Hi,
Yeah so I am Morel :D how does everyone do?

bobspldbckwrds
2009-02-10, 06:18 PM
hi, just call me bob, or bobbert, or nick, or ed... i could go on for a while here.

anywho, i enjoy OoTS and erf

i will probably annoy someone sometime soon...

Assassin89
2009-02-10, 08:34 PM
Welcome Thunda, Jill, Morel and Bob
*gives packages*
beware of certain people in these forums, and please do not anger the mods.

Felixaar
2009-02-10, 09:21 PM
Welcome, Thunda, Jill, Morel and Bob! Don't worry too much about annyoing people or angering mods, they typically get over it unless you keep doing it.

Gadora
2009-02-11, 08:35 AM
Hello, I'm Gadora. I read far, far too much (both books and webcomics), am currently enjoying getting in over my head designing my first campaign setting (D&D 3.5), and am easily distracted. I plan on asking for help with this setting in a day or two.

Zoycitenega
2009-02-12, 12:30 AM
Hi peoples! I've been reading the comic since #200 or so, and playing D&D since before then.

Niko
2009-02-12, 12:54 AM
Hello Everyone!, just thought this was a good place to start........... doing............ this......................soooooooooo :smalleek: i'll go hide back in my forest for now........hi and by.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-12, 03:33 AM
I'd be willing to help with the setting, Gadora (admittedly, other people who hang out in the Gaming section are likely to want to help as well). Zoycitenega, I don't know if this will still be the case if and when you see this, but your avatar isn't showing up for me.

EDIT: It's fine now.

Cloaknd
2009-02-12, 07:19 AM
Hullo! What's in your pouches?

Assassin89
2009-02-12, 08:21 AM
Welcome Gadora, Zoycitenega, Niko, and Cloaknd.
*gives packages*
enjoy your time in the forums.

Kogan Urufu
2009-02-13, 02:50 AM
Greetings to all Denizens of the Playground, name's Kogan Urufu, but most call me Kogan or some variation therof. I love Oots and check pretty much daily for new pages. I've not played DnD before but I am familiar with the rules and I've been RPing PbP for about 2 years and most of my characters are humans :P

Usually I play the paladin type who'd heal a blackguard at -3 Hp to get him to 0 so he can take him prisoner, so yeah, Archetypical good guy, but I've been told I'm not bad at playing evil people. Anyway, Nice to meet you, and I'll stop rambling and let you all get on with your lives.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-13, 03:45 AM
I tend to hate playing evil characters, but I almost always play as good characters who kill every evil enemy after combat to be safe. :smalltongue: (I tend to play as half animal races as well). Good luck with finding a PBP D&D game on here if you decide to try to find one.:smallsmile:

Sotris
2009-02-13, 04:32 AM
Hello! Decided to register after a looong period of lurking. I've been reading OotS for more than a year now, and it's proven to be a very entertaining experience.

Dragonrider
2009-02-13, 10:06 PM
Hello! Decided to register after a looong period of lurking. I've been reading OotS for more than a year now, and it's proven to be a very entertaining experience.

Good...if you've been lurking then I don't need to warn you about who bites and who's just messin' with your head :smallwink:

Assassin89
2009-02-13, 10:09 PM

I guessing you also know the standard procedure for new members too.

*hands package of cookies*

Felixaar
2009-02-13, 11:29 PM
Hullo! What's in your pouches?

String! Or Nothing!

Also, a baby Kangaroo!

By which of course I mean, Welcome, everyone!

And for the matter, all, I fit into the latter category of Dragonrider's post.

*audience inquires as to the human arm I am nibbling on*

This? Why it's just a... souvenir.

Anyhow, welcome, all you newbies! By the way, if anyone's interested in colouring their hair for charity, or donating to such a cause, make sure to check out this thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104613)

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-02-14, 04:49 AM
Hello! I obviously am not new, but I've been inactive for the better part of a year now, longer than I was active, and I figured since I loved the forums so much back 'in the day' I might as well make a triumphant return!

So if you remember me feel free to chat me up and PM me with resalutations, if not then I'm glad to meet you!

Lemming
2009-02-14, 12:10 PM
Hi,
:roach: After reading Oots for a long time, I finally decided to join the forums.

Broler
2009-02-14, 02:17 PM
Hello everybody. I am finally here:smallbiggrin:

Assassin89
2009-02-14, 02:57 PM
Welcome Broler and Lemming
*gives package of cookies*

watch out for the man who glomps Australians.
*gets straitjacket, rope and gag*

Lemming
2009-02-14, 03:53 PM
COOKIES!
Om nom nom.

ClamLeague9000
2009-02-14, 09:12 PM
Greetings, posters itp. Just saying "hello" before I start posting regularly.

:smallsmile:

Felixaar
2009-02-14, 09:22 PM
watch out for the man who glomps Australians.
*gets straitjacket, rope and gag*

Yeah, that guy is a freak.
*looks around nervously*

Welcome though, newbies! Y'all have fun round here.

Lyon
2009-02-15, 12:56 AM
Hey fellow OOTS fans, how's it going? I finally made a forum account after looking through the new comic discussions too many times without being able to put in my 2 cp. :smallbiggrin:

Rutskarn
2009-02-15, 12:59 AM
Greetings, Lyon.

If I promise you that I don't usually look like this, promise not to immediately leave and join the teletubbies forum.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-15, 02:19 AM
I don;t think Gender Bender week is that scary, Rutskarn.:smalltongue: Some of the discussions can get mildly surreal, but they are often interresting, Lyon.

Flame of Anor
2009-02-15, 02:24 AM
The discussions aren't that bad, but Rutskarn's GB avvie verges on Nightmare Fuel. That's what he (I mean she) was referring to.

Felixaar
2009-02-15, 03:01 AM
Greetings, Lyon.

If I promise you that I don't usually look like this, promise not to immediately leave and join the teletubbies forum.

Why hello there young lady, you're looking awfully prettOH HOLY STEVE WHY DIDN'T I LOOK AT YOUR FACE BEFORE TALKING?!?!?

*flee!*

Oh, and Welcome, Lyon! Don't worry about us crazies here in the welcoming comittee (it's the people in SMBG you should worry about) I'm sure you'll have some fun round here.

Demortis
2009-02-15, 06:09 AM
Hello,

I really like some of the reference material on here. The new rules to adjust the exsisting(sp?) ones is very well done. Im really glad I found them. Its helping out alot for my games. Well, hello again:smallbiggrin:

Slippery Bogle
2009-02-15, 02:28 PM
Hello.

I've spent like a week or so reading all of 632 strips of oots. Needless to say, I'm hooked. I haven't really played DnD before but I get some of the references. I haven't touched Erfworld yet but I guess I can start soon on that too.

:)

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-15, 02:30 PM
Hi SB, how is you? Need an avatar? I can hook you up

Slippery Bogle
2009-02-15, 02:34 PM
I'm feelin' a little peachy, if that's what you mean. :smalltongue:

Actually, I was kind of wondering how to change my avatar to something else I had in mind. But I can't seem to find it in the user cp. I've only come back to posting on forums after like a week of not doing so and I'm already rusty, I guess.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-15, 02:38 PM
I'm feelin' a little peachy, if that's what you mean. :smalltongue:

Actually, I was kind of wondering how to change my avatar to something else I had in mind. But I can't seem to find it in the user cp. I've only come back to posting on forums after like a week of not doing so and I'm already rusty, I guess.

I could make you one, PM me the details. :smallsmile:

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-15, 02:47 PM
Slippery, if you wanted to learn how to play D&D, I'd be happy to help you learn. :smallsmile:

Shanex
2009-02-15, 02:50 PM
Greetings! I just wanted to say hi to everyone and get my first post out of the way. YAY! :smallbiggrin:

Slippery Bogle
2009-02-15, 02:56 PM
@CA: Nah, I'm fine with the kobold for now. Thanks for offering, though.

@TF: I'm pretty sure my sister knows how to play. I could ask her to teach me since I think a face to face convo would help me learn better. I don't really have too much interest in learning how to play, on the other hand. Maybe some day.

@Shanex: Hi.

Terry576
2009-02-15, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I never posted here. So, hi I s'pose. I frequent the Free-Form Roleplaying subforum, and am located in AMEN, GLoG, Taverna Generica, and whatever current plot the Taverna/GLoG is in.

SingPsalm43
2009-02-15, 11:54 PM
Yarr, i be new here.

Genios
2009-02-15, 11:57 PM
Hello. I've been reading both comics for a while now, and decided to pop in to the forums to try it out. Does anyone know of a way I could view the order of the stick avatars before selecting them? Or if someone could make one...:smallbiggrin:

Terry576
2009-02-16, 12:01 AM
Go to Options Genios, and scroll to the bottom to find the avatar options. And you can go to "Arts and Crafts" To request an Avvy, or adopt one. Or PM somebody to get one. So far, I've PMed one person, requested one, and adopted one.

UncleWolf
2009-02-16, 12:05 AM
Welcome newcomers!

You have decided to join during one of our many Theme Weeks. This one is Gender-Bender Week. People switch the gender of their avatars and sometimes their gender sign. Chances are that about 40%-60% of the forum goers here are in on it.

But when in doubt, just ask.

(I'm a guy by the way)

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-16, 02:12 AM
I didn't think that many people took part in it (I thought it was only a couple of hundred people tops with most of them being almost entirely active in the Friendly Banter, Arts and Crafts and Silly Message Board Game Section)

SilentP
2009-02-16, 08:09 AM
Hey there all, hope you're all doing well :smallsmile: Have been reading the comic for sometime, but only discovered there was a forum here recently (thanks to TVTropers oddly enough) and thought I'd join in on the fun.

Only been RPing for less than 2 years...I think. Started with Dark Heresy, then have since done a bit of Star Wars and D&D, and currently GMing a Dark Heresy campaign (Emperor help me :smalleek:)

Kaelaroth
2009-02-16, 08:29 AM
Hey there all, hope you're all doing well :smallsmile: Have been reading the comic for sometime, but only discovered there was a forum here recently (thanks to TVTropers oddly enough) and thought I'd join in on the fun.

Only been RPing for less than 2 years...I think. Started with Dark Heresy, then have since done a bit of Star Wars and D&D, and currently GMing a Dark Heresy campaign (Emperor help me :smalleek:)

Welcome! We like RPers. To Acronymia, you shall go, Yeeeessss.

SilentP
2009-02-16, 08:38 AM
To Acronymia, you shall go, Yeeeessss.

Erp :smalleek: *is not sure what that entails, and what he's led himself into

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-16, 08:47 AM
He's refering to the Free Form RPing section of the forums. It's in the Silly Message Board Game section.

SilentP
2009-02-16, 10:41 AM
Ah, thanks :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2009-02-16, 04:16 PM
Hi, I'm new here, yadda yadda...

Anyway, I love the comic, and I'm a fan of a couple of the fan comics, War games, midget on a horse, and well that was unexpected are the only ones I can think of right now, but there is more.

Assassin89
2009-02-16, 08:05 PM
Welcome SilentP, Rae Artemi, and other new members. Please have some cookies *hands package of cookies*

Currently, genderbender week is happening from February 16th until the 22nd.

aXane
2009-02-16, 09:04 PM
"My name is aXane, and i'm a stickaholic." "Hi, aXane!"

Felixaar
2009-02-16, 09:12 PM
Damn it people, you're not supposed to tell them it's Gender-Bender Week! That's what the whole thing is about!

Oh, nevermind.

That being said... Welcome, Shanex, Slippery, SingPslam, SilentP, Terry (aww, we had a nice alliterative streak goin' there), Rae and aXane!

Terry576
2009-02-16, 09:47 PM
But I've been here for a while. I just don't use Friendly Banter. Much. >>

Whynn
2009-02-19, 01:15 AM
Hi, somebody stole my name, (Bartimaeus), so I made this one instead.

Er...I've been reading this comic for about a month...and this is the longest comic I have even seen, (like 600 so far?), and it doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon, so I thought I might as well sign up, since I'm getting more and more fanatical each time I read, (I read 100 pages yesterday, about 3 hours straight of reading nothing but TOTS. Dear lord, that ALMOST sounds like an innuendo...).

So hey guys, nice comic.

(edit) Also, is there a svirfneblin-rogue avatar somewhere around here?

Shadowbow19
2009-02-19, 03:17 AM
Hello I believe that I am supposed to post in this forum saying that I am alive so here I am.
Order of the Stick is a great comic.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-19, 03:23 AM
Hi.:smallsmile: Posting here is optional (I started posting in the Start of Darkness thread when I joined rather then posting here).

Recaiden
2009-02-19, 08:01 AM
Welcome. There are much longer comics out there, you know. And while this sin't the best time to be on the forums(lots of crashes/server failures) I'm glad to see that you all are here.

Assassin89
2009-02-19, 08:10 AM
Welcome new members.

Have some cookies.

And Whynn, for a a svirfneblin-rogue avatar, I suggest you place a request in the Avatar request thread in arts & crafts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589)

Whynn
2009-02-19, 04:51 PM
Welcome. There are much longer comics out there, you know. And while this sin't the best time to be on the forums(lots of crashes/server failures) I'm glad to see that you all are here.

Maybe so, but I doubt they're as good as the Order of the Stick, and I see there's another comic called Erfworld, I believe? I think I'll try reading that while I wait for the updates on the Order of the Stick, (since I reached comic 632, and I believe that's the latest...).

Also, I have had times where it takes ten minutes to load a page, and I keep refreshing it, until it works. However, as I understand it, (by looking at another topic), this does not help, so I won't be doing that anymore.

And Whynn, for a a svirfneblin-rogue avatar, I suggest you place a request in the Avatar request thread in arts & crafts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589)

Maybe I'll try that, thank you, :)

And thanks for all the welcomes.

Bronx
2009-02-19, 07:18 PM
Well, hello everybody, first i have to apologyse īcause my english itīs not quite perfect, especially writting. Iīve been reading oots for a while and i think this is the best on line comic there is, BELKAR RULES.

keep the good work, and Thanks.

TRiBAL
2009-02-19, 07:40 PM
HELLO from Greece!!!!

Felixaar
2009-02-19, 08:53 PM
Hi.:smallsmile: Posting here is optional (I started posting in the Start of Darkness thread when I joined rather then posting here).

There are of course Tax Benefits involved in starting your Playground Career here - namely, I now know you exist, so I can force you to pay taxes.

So, they only benefit me really.

You didn't hear anything [/jedi mind trick]

Whynn, as said, try the Request an Avatar thread in the Arts and Crafts forum.

Shadowbow, lies. None of us are alive.

'cept me and that guy who looks like Steve Allen.

Bronx, your english is fine - probably better than most of our english native speakers, like me. I'm awful! :smallsmile:

TRiBAL, ooh, we have a new Greece person! Welcome! First things first... are you an Apple product?

wolfartemis
2009-02-19, 09:55 PM
hey people! im new to giant in the playground stuff, and haven't read much of the comic, but what i did read was so funny i had to join. plus, this looked like a very same and friendly place.:smallsmile:i hope to look around a bit and contribute some of my knowledge and stuff (mostly stuff) to the topics here. just wanted to say hi.
HI!!!:smallbiggrin:

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-19, 10:01 PM
Hi wolfartemis! :smallsmile:
You're right, I think this is one of the friendliest places on the Interblags. That's why I like to stop in here every now and then. I recommend you play some Silly Message Board Games with us. That's where you'll find me!

wolfartemis
2009-02-20, 01:24 PM
yokay! i'll check em out when i have a little time. home work and stuff comes first, right? "right".......:smallwink::smallamused:

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-20, 03:22 PM
Of course. *snicker* :smallamused:

Wait, here comes an authority-ish figure! Well, wolfartemis, what was I just telling you? To stay in school, keep away from drugs, obey your parents, go to church, brush your teeth, exercise, and eat healthy, of course!

Coplantor
2009-02-20, 03:43 PM
Of course. *snicker* :smallamused:

Wait, here comes an authority-ish figure! Well, wolfartemis, what was I just telling you? To stay in school, keep away from drugs, obey your parents, go to church, brush your teeth, exercise, and eat healthy, of course!

Or, you know, you can just join AMEN and have a good time with the bad guys...

Anyway, welcome to the friendliest place on the netland!

Assassin89
2009-02-20, 04:00 PM
Welcome new members, enjoy the complementary cookies provided to you. There are also survival kits/care packages near the cookies.

brandr
2009-02-20, 08:15 PM
Hi there everyone! 7th level bard, 1st level virtuoso reporting in.

quick question, if one had made an avatar on paint, how would one go about uploading it for use here?

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-20, 08:20 PM
Hi there brandr! Pleased to meet you. :smallsmile:

My suggestion for using your avatar:
1. Upload it to photobucket or a similar site.
2. Paste its direct link into the indicated box under "Edit Options," which can be found in "User CP," which should be up near the top of the page.
3. Tah dah! I can't wait to see how pretty it is.

Assassin89
2009-02-20, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the playground, brandr.
I am a 4th level half-elf cleric. Enjoy the cookies and please pick up a package near the cookies.

To answer your question, I believe that you save the avatar as a png or jpeg image in paint.

brandr
2009-02-20, 08:38 PM

brandr
2009-02-20, 08:47 PM
haha, so close. i can deal with resizing later, but there's the basic.

Coplantor
2009-02-20, 08:55 PM
Yikes, I have so many classes that my head hurts, Im a gestalt 8th level Half elf/human paragon, swashbuckler, wizard, warblade, bladesinger with max ranks in perform. Anyway, welcome Mr. Brandr!

wolfartemis
2009-02-21, 12:14 AM
Welcome new members, enjoy the complementary cookies provided to you. There are also survival kits/care packages near the cookies.

complementary cookies? i was not told anything of the sort? were be the cookies?!? ....cookies..... i loved them so.... but when i needed them most, they abandoned me...... *sigh* but such is their nature.:smalleek:

bwa ha ha ha! EEP* chuckle chuckle laugh attack! ha ha ha ha! (hiccup) he he he..... my gosh that was bizarre..... heh heh heh.....

A RIANY KNIGHT WROTE: course. *snicker*

Recaiden
2009-02-21, 12:18 AM
Here you go, Free Cookies. Enjoy your stay(it won't ever end)

Zain
2009-02-21, 02:42 AM
hello to all people in Ganit in the playground forums land hello!:smallbiggrin:

Assassin89
2009-02-21, 07:58 AM
Welcome new members
*points to table*
enjoy the complementary cookies. On the table next to the cookies, there are survival kits/care packages.

Falgorn
2009-02-21, 09:44 AM
Just going to make my welocme, so, hello!

Slippery Bogle
2009-02-21, 10:12 AM
Here you go, Free Cookies. Enjoy your stay(it won't ever end)

oooo free cookies!

And welcome to the two people above my post. (I'm still kinda new too.)

Dragonrider
2009-02-21, 12:21 PM
DON'T forget the anti-Felixaar spray. You'll need it (especially in this thread). :smallwink:

gmm09
2009-02-21, 12:35 PM
Hey, I've been reading Oots comics for just about a year, and they are the best. I thought i'd finally join the forum =)

Fredthefighter
2009-02-21, 01:23 PM
Welcome to the playground everybody. Do not worry about the crazy people, we're everywhere. :smallbiggrin:

brandr
2009-02-21, 02:19 PM
I see things around this thread involving groups and such.
how do you join a group (e.g. AMEN)

also, is there a group for bards?

Dragonrider
2009-02-21, 02:24 PM

I'm pretty sure they live in SMBG (Silly Message Board Games). But what with the recent restructuring, I could be wrong. I probably am wrong anyway. I seldom leave Friendly Banter. :smallsmile:

GodotIsW8ing4U
2009-02-21, 03:18 PM
Hey guys, what's up?

Godot is in the forum.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-21, 03:29 PM

AMEN is in the Free Form Roleplaying section. You just walk in and ask for the paperwork. Bards? Naw, but you can be a bard in any group.

cycoris
2009-02-21, 06:29 PM
Hello! I've been reading OOTS for a while, and finally decided to join. Do you have ice-cream or apples and caramel?

Dragonrider, I think I know you, maybe just a bit?

Dragonrider
2009-02-21, 06:54 PM
Hello! I've been reading OOTS for a while, and finally decided to join. Do you have ice-cream or apples and caramel?

Dragonrider, I think I know you, maybe just a bit?

Maybe just a bit! :smallbiggrin: I'm glad you've finally arrived!

Would you care for an avatar custom-made by the hands of your darling DeeRee?

cycoris
2009-02-21, 07:13 PM
Would you care for an avatar custom-made by the hands of your darling DeeRee?

Of course I'd love an avatar and whatever other bounties you could shed upon me via the inermanets, seeing as there are no bounty-shedders on my corner of the Earth. Honestly, though, whatever you want to make me is fine.

It certainly took me long enough to arrive. It's been what, almost two years since you introduced me to OOTS? But I've only recently latched on like some sort of parasite. Yay for life-sucking?

Dragonrider
2009-02-21, 07:16 PM
Of course I'd love an avatar and whatever other bounties you could shed upon me via the inermanets, seeing as there are no bounty-shedders on my corner of the Earth. Honestly, though, whatever you want to make me is fine.

It certainly took me long enough to arrive. It's been what, almost two years since you introduced me to OOTS? But I've only recently latched on like some sort of parasite. Yay for life-sucking?

:smallbiggrin: Yay!

Sooo...WHATEVER? *wicked grin* REALLY?

This is gonna be good....

:smalltongue:

Sorry. Carry on meetin' and greetin', all. Cycoris an' DeeRee can have this conversation any old where.

Assussanni
2009-02-21, 07:39 PM
Hi everybody! I've been reading OotS since late 2005/early 2006 but I've only recently begun visiting the GiantITP forums.

I've registered mainly to comment on comics and, having recently begun DM'ing, hopefully receive some wisdom from those of you who have been there and done it no doubt many times before.

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-21, 08:10 PM
Hi Assussanni! Pleased to meet you. :smallsmile:

On the topic of DM'ing: Don't ever let your players try to steal each other's stuff. Because it escalates quickly in a terrifying spiral of violence... :smalleek: I think I need to find players who don't dislike each other outside of the game.

Felixaar
2009-02-21, 11:50 PM
DON'T forget the anti-Felixaar spray. You'll need it (especially in this thread). :smallwink:

Nyhhh! Ohh... Now they're all in on it.

Welcome all new people! If you are Australian, please join the line to be glomped.

Em Blackleaf
2009-02-21, 11:55 PM
Hi new members! There are a few forums underneath you. The one one the bottom, labeled Silly Message Board Games, is bundles of fun. Ya'll should check it out. :smallbiggrin:

Aww, Felix, can I have a hug, too?

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-22, 03:05 AM
I started DMing last November, Assussanni. The only advice I can really give you is to make sure you've thought everything through fully if you want to do a plot which revolves around mysteries or intrigue and make sure you adapt encounters and challenges to suit the party in order to avoid the game becoming too difficult or too easy.

Felixaar
2009-02-22, 04:49 AM
Aww, Felix, can I have a hug, too?

It would be my honor, ma'am. *marches over and pulls Em into a tight squeeze* You realise of course you will now be hugged at any and every opportunity :smalltongue:

brandr
2009-02-22, 10:38 AM
Hi Assussanni! Pleased to meet you. :smallsmile:

On the topic of DM'ing: Don't ever let your players try to steal each other's stuff. Because it escalates quickly in a terrifying spiral of violence... :smalleek: I think I need to find players who don't dislike each other outside of the game.

too true. listen to these words of wisdom. the first words out of the mouth of our party's sorceress when the rogue fired himself out of an enemy army's catapult at the wall of the fortress we were defending (after failing to disable the catapult) were, and i quote "I want his stuff!!!!!!" the best part is, she is his girlfriend.

having a party where ou never know where your equipment will be from day to day does get problematic. also: if you have any short annoying kids that will be party members, you might want to rethink it. we've got one who constantly screws with the dynamic and makes it laaaaaame

Quincunx
2009-02-22, 10:52 AM
That's a fine Paintatar, brandr, yet I recommend getting IrfanView for the pesky resizing and change of file type. That way you can save the avatar-in-progress in Paint as a .bmp and come back to it later. Save it as .jpg and later alterations stand out in a bad way. .jpg saves are our blur tool, nothing more.

Note to self: get That Lanky Bugger's Paint avatar guide stickied, or at least linked in the sticky about avatar creation in Arts & Crafts.

Alair Koraius
2009-02-22, 10:54 AM
Hey, guys. Replacement account here. First one is in the process of getting trolled. Hi again!

Great to be back itP.

brandr
2009-02-22, 10:55 AM
That's a fine Paintatar, brandr, yet I recommend getting IrfanView for the pesky resizing and change of file type. That way you can save the avatar-in-progress in Paint as a .bmp and come back to it later. Save it as .jpg and later alterations stand out in a bad way. .jpg saves are our blur tool, nothing more.

Note to self: get That Lanky Bugger's Paint avatar guide stickied, or at least linked in the sticky about avatar creation in Arts & Crafts.

yeah, i read That Bugger's guide, that's how i got the art directions. i can work the programs well enough, but i havent' yet got the initiative (i believe i rolled a 2 (sarcasm)) to deal with IrfanView.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-22, 10:55 AM
Hi, Alair. :smallsmile: Which name were you using before?

Alair Koraius
2009-02-22, 10:59 AM
Hi, Alair. :smallsmile: Which name were you using before?

I appologise, but I can't say. It's sort of... well, they could easily find me that way.

Assassin89
2009-02-22, 11:09 AM
Welcome cycoris, GodotIsW8ing4U and other new members.
*point to table*
enjoy the complementary cookies and take a survival kit

And Alair what do you mean by getting trolled :smallconfused:

Alair Koraius
2009-02-22, 11:18 AM

The tl;dr is that someone is stalking me on the interwebs and either making up stuff that I apparently did, or just twisting my words and getting angry about it. Completely psychotic, and obviously neurologically unstable, it's becoming a danger to myself and my friends to remain visible to this person, so I'm flying under the radar.Believe me, it was a big loss to lose the identity I've kept since 7 years old. :<

brandr
2009-02-22, 11:45 AM
How am I doin Quincunx?

Quincunx
2009-02-22, 01:31 PM
Oo, transparent background! Also I can see more of the detail in the armor, the feather in the cap, and the boots which weren't visible at all before. In fact, I might borrow your way of detailing feathers in the cap, since mine had no bars and aren't as stylish.

There's not a lot of Paint users on the board. We have to encourage one another, y'know.

brandr
2009-02-22, 02:13 PM
hahaha, i can see why. i wish i had photoshoppin skills, but i've spent an insane amount of time on paint over my lifespan. i've gathered some artistic ability here and there

Dragonrider
2009-02-22, 02:27 PM
hahaha, i can see why. i wish i had photoshoppin skills, but i've spent an insane amount of time on paint over my lifespan. i've gathered some artistic ability here and there

I use Inkscape. I used to use Photodraw, but I lost my copy...:smallsigh: Anyway, I've found that Inkscape works pretty well. For me.

brandr
2009-02-22, 02:43 PM
I use Inkscape. I used to use Photodraw, but I lost my copy...:smallsigh: Anyway, I've found that Inkscape works pretty well. For me.

does inkscape have a similar control setup as paint? if it's user friendly, i might have to find a dl. if you did that avatar of yours on inkscape, i'm already half-sold. the detail is quite nice

samm81
2009-02-22, 03:14 PM
I've been here a while, but just found this thread recently.

Hello All!

Rutskarn
2009-02-22, 04:28 PM
The tl;dr is that someone is stalking me on the interwebs and either making up stuff that I apparently did, or just twisting my words and getting angry about it. Completely psychotic, and obviously neurologically unstable, it's becoming a danger to myself and my friends to remain visible to this person, so I'm flying under the radar.Believe me, it was a big loss to lose the identity I've kept since 7 years old. :<

Couldn't the moderators intervene? I'm sure you could at least keep them off your back in this forum.

Alair Koraius
2009-02-22, 05:40 PM
Couldn't the moderators intervene? I'm sure you could at least keep them off your back in this forum.

Yeah, I wouldn't get bugged in the forum, but on my e-mail, and AIM, and tons of other boards and sites, I'd get harassed for any post I make here. I'd rather avoid it. Maybe someday, when hell freezes over, pigs fly, and I'm not gonna torture my players, then I can have peace. >.>

SpookyRaptor
2009-02-22, 07:08 PM
Ahem *clears throat

Hello :smallsmile:

That is all.

We will now return to your reguarly scheduled programming.:mitd:

Dragonrider
2009-02-22, 07:56 PM
does inkscape have a similar control setup as paint? if it's user friendly, i might have to find a dl. if you did that avatar of yours on inkscape, i'm already half-sold. the detail is quite nice

Well, Inkscape is much more complex than Paint - many more functions - but the nicest thing about it (IMO) is that you can layer objects and move them between layers - so if you draw details in the wrong order that's okay.

But I don't want to offend Quincunx :smallwink: I drew in Paint for my first six or so months here.

@Raptor: Welcome to the Playgrond! :smallbiggrin:

SinisterPenguin
2009-02-22, 08:01 PM
Hello, everyone. I've been reading Order of the Stick and lurking on the boards for about a year or so, and now I've finally decided to join. That's pretty much all I have to say. I hope to have a lot of fun here. :smallsmile:

Slippery Bogle
2009-02-22, 09:21 PM
Hi, SinisterPenquin. Nice name btw.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. :smallsmile:

brandr
2009-02-23, 11:40 AM
I'm wondering: what rules are people in the playground using these days?

and which of you feel that 4.0 is a step back? 3.5 forever

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-23, 03:21 PM
First of all, I am personally a 3.5 fan. That said, I can hardly speak for everyone in the playground. I would suspect that there are plenty of people like me who have yet to even buy 4.0 rulebooks, much less make it their new favorite edition. However, you could probably find some 4.0 fans given the diversity we have around here.

In summary, I don't think that the playground as a whole has a favorite edition at all.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-23, 03:29 PM
ARK is right; the forum is pretty divided on the issue (it's quite a controvercial topic here).

Morose_Muppet
2009-02-23, 05:55 PM
Stopping by to say hello. Lurked here on and off for a while and though that I'd make myself official.

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-23, 06:00 PM
Hello! :smallsmile:

Trust me, it's a good change going from a lurker to a poster. Silly Message Board Games are fun, I personally get a kick out of the freeform roleplaying (found under SMBGs), and there's often something in the Media, Gaming, or Friendly Banter sections that I have enough expertise in to comment on. The Playground is full of friendly folks, so go on out there and meet some! :smallsmile:

Morose_Muppet
2009-02-23, 07:21 PM
Thank you for the welcome ARK. Gonna cruise the SMBG section and find a fanfic thread or start one.

Faulty
2009-02-23, 11:13 PM
Hello there. I used to read OOTS all the time, in Dragon and online but I stopped reading when my interest in D&D started wearing out. I recently started playing Baldur's Gate 2 and have regained my interest in D&D so I started rereading OOTS from the beginning and figured I'd join the forums. :smallsmile: So yeah, hi.

Dragonrider
2009-02-23, 11:16 PM
Hello, Amesoeurs! Welcome to GitP...have a cookie an' a flower! :smallbiggrin:

Mizzrymated
2009-02-24, 12:10 AM
Hello and Salutations!

Assassin89
2009-02-24, 12:14 AM
Hello Amesoeurs and Mizzrymated! Welcome to GitP. Have a cookie and a survival kit/care package.

Mizzrymated
2009-02-24, 12:18 AM
Yummy, a half-elf only has one ear?

Dragonrider
2009-02-24, 12:18 AM
Amesoeurs lucks out! TWO cookies, a flower, AND a survival kit - what a welcoming committee! :smallbiggrin:

Mizzrymated: Do you speak to me, or are you asking in general? I think the answer's provisionally yes, but it's by no means essential....

Mizzrymated
2009-02-24, 12:23 AM
Well actually i was responding to the post after me, but it doesn't change the fact of my confusion. I always thought a half-elf would have two slightly tapered ears, no not essential but interesting none the less

Mizzrymated
2009-02-24, 12:24 AM
and Assasin, could you do a goblin? small, skinny, green, and dumstruck?

Dragonrider
2009-02-24, 12:25 AM
Well actually i was responding to the post after me, but it doesn't change the fact of my confusion. I always thought a half-elf would have two slightly tapered ears, no not essential but interesting none the less

*headdesk*

Sorry, I'm tired. :smalltongue:

Well, in OotS, there was a joke about Pompey having only one ear and therefore being "only half elf"....

I think. Maybe my memory is faulty. Like I said...tired. :smalleek:

Mizzrymated
2009-02-24, 12:28 AM
Thats funny, would be funnier if i wasnt half asleep, bu funny none the less

Felixaar
2009-02-24, 05:25 AM
Man. All I got when I joined was this gift basket full of empty shampoo bottles.

Welcome, every one!

Dragonrider
2009-02-24, 11:08 AM
Felix, that would be because you SMELLED SO BAD we hoped you would GET THE POINT. :smalltongue:

(Am I scaring the new people with my caustic tongue?)

(I'm not usually like this....)

(really.)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-24, 11:46 AM
Welcome new peoples!

Also, Drider, I look at this page and I see numerous posts from you. Around every other two or three posts. Waaay back I did that and got a friend warning PM from a mod, so you might just want to tone it down.:smallwink:
But then again, you'l probably distract more new members by posting often in this thread.:smallwink:

*gives out cookies to new peoples*

Assassin89
2009-02-24, 12:13 PM
and Assasin, could you do a goblin? small, skinny, green, and dumbstruck?

I would do this request, but for future reference, please either PM me, or place a request in the avatar request thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums./showthread.php?t=33589)

Faulty
2009-02-24, 03:36 PM
Amesoeurs lucks out! TWO cookies, a flower, AND a survival kit - what a welcoming committee! :smallbiggrin:

Why thank you. :smallsmile:

Sneak
2009-02-24, 04:12 PM
Have fun in the playground, everybody! Play nice!

If you fall and skin your knee, don't worry, I've got some Neosporin on hand.

GodotIsW8ing4U
2009-02-24, 06:12 PM
Welcome cycoris, GodotIsW8ing4U and other new members.
*point to table*
enjoy the complementary cookies and take a survival kit

*takes a survival kit and an auto-shotgun*

Zoey, get ready. And don't startle the Witch this time.

PILLS HERE.

Breehod
2009-02-24, 07:17 PM
Hello all...(bow low)...i thank ye people fur letten a misguidid dwarf like meh into de playground.

Felixaar
2009-02-24, 08:38 PM
Felix, that would be because you SMELLED SO BAD we hoped you would GET THE POINT. :smalltongue:

(Am I scaring the new people with my caustic tongue?)

(I'm not usually like this....)

(really.)

What'd I do? *sigh* women.

Slippery Bogle
2009-02-24, 09:02 PM
Hello all...(bow low)...i thank ye people fur letten a misguidid dwarf like meh into de playground.

Dwarves are always welcome. At least I think so.

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-24, 09:06 PM
Dwarves are always welcome. At least I think so.

We all think so. Because we as a species, as mortal beings, can always think and never know. Not for certain.

On a less cryptic/insane note, welcome to the Playground, Breehod! :smallsmile:

Mizzrymated
2009-02-24, 10:23 PM
Let's keep it simple Go Darf-person-man-thing! Welcome

Pyrusticia
2009-02-25, 05:22 AM
Greetings, all!

I'm pretty new to the forums, but I'm really excited about what I see here...the homebrew section in particular is great!

I do have one quick questions, though...anyone know what PEACH stands for? It shows up in a lot of titles in the homebrew section, and seems to be some sort of request for feedback... :smallconfused:

Thanks!

Assassin89
2009-02-25, 07:47 AM
Welcome Pyrusticia
*gives cookie and survival kit*
I think PEACH means please evaulate and criticize honestly.

Xondoure
2009-02-25, 02:33 PM
Hello! i guess this starts my membership into this forum. Thanks for having me!

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-25, 03:35 PM

This is correct. Also, welcome Pyrusticia and Xondoure! :smallsmile:
Don't worry, we Playgrounders don't bite... often. I recommend you try out a few Silly Message Board Games and see if you like them. I spend most of my time there, and I'm always glad to see new people around!

Tanorea
2009-02-26, 01:23 AM
Hello, hello, hello! I'm just testing to see actually if my avatar's actually working.
And to say hi to everybody, "HI!!"

Pyrusticia
2009-02-26, 07:29 AM
Welcome Pyrusticia
*gives cookie and survival kit*

Ah, that makes sense, thanks!

And thank you for the survival kit, too.

*gleefully unpacks the kit by throwing stuff everywhere in a 10' radius*

I'd thank you for the cookie, but I think my bird ate it while I wasn't looking...hope it wasn't chocolate! :smalltongue:

Raven the Rogue
2009-02-26, 02:19 PM
Another new member saying hello. I have lurking for a while and decided it was time to register.

Mrs Banjo
2009-02-26, 02:43 PM
Hello,

I'm back by not so popular demand. Thank you to those who asked after me, and for all those who didn't :smallyuk:

Also, thank you to those who wished me luck with my interview, it went well thanks to you lot :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-26, 03:29 PM
Sho-weet!
Welcome back.

I've not been asking you to come back, I would hope the mentioning you sometimes would do it.
*hugs Ambrosia*

Etrus
2009-02-26, 10:03 PM
Hello! Long time lurker and first time poster, as usual.

It has been a while since I actually played anything related to D&D, but I don't think that will be a problem. I look forward to conversing with y'all!

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-26, 10:08 PM
Hello! Long time lurker and first time poster, as usual.

It has been a while since I actually played anything related to D&D, but I don't think that will be a problem. I look forward to conversing with y'all!

That's never a problem around here. We Freeform Roleplayers *points at self* don't worry too much about the rules and mechanics and such. And the SMBGS and Friendly Banter and Media Discussions and other sections of the forum have a wide variety of non-D&D subjects to choose from. I look forward to conversing with you, too! :smallsmile:

shadyotter
2009-02-26, 10:15 PM
Well hello all! I have been instructed by the worlds sexiest man to introduce my self :) so hello everyone i am an otter and i am shady yay!

wolflord
2009-02-26, 10:19 PM
Well hello all! I have been instructed by the worlds sexiest man to introduce my self :) so hello everyone i am an otter and i am shady yay!

Yes I am the worlds sexiest man. Thanks baby.

shadyotter
2009-02-26, 10:20 PM
Yes I am the worlds sexiest man. Thanks baby.

hehe you have no ego either huh? no problem :P

Recaiden
2009-02-26, 10:24 PM
Another new member saying hello. I have lurking for a while and decided it was time to register.

You aren't connected to Fred the Fighter, are you? Even if you are, welcome, and I look forward to seeing you around more.

wolflord
2009-02-26, 10:25 PM
hehe you have no ego either huh? no problem :P

No, no I do not. But does anyone really need an ego?

saint_duud
2009-02-26, 11:24 PM
Just saying hi. I've come across the forums numerous times researching for the campaign I run, and I finally decided to join, because I saw a thread I absolutely had to post my opinion on, from this year. Then I realized I'm not willing to post to a thread that's been dead since the year started.

So, just hi.

And, wow, just saw my pic for the first time (I don't own any mirrors).

Just wow.

Sneak
2009-02-27, 12:12 AM
Welcome one and welcome all!

Well, not quite at all. Those who talk at the theater, step this way. :smallamused:

Everyone else, welcome again.

gabado
2009-02-27, 01:52 AM
...hi...I'm Specter...

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-27, 03:32 AM
I'd say you don't really need an ego, WL. Is everything okay, Specter? I'm just wondering due to the shocked expression.

HaZaRD
2009-02-27, 06:41 AM
Hello everybody.
I've been following this community for a long time and I finally registered in... I don't know why I haven't done it earlier:smalltongue:
By the way, all your homebrewing work is astounding... keep it going:smallcool:

Irate Ranger
2009-02-27, 07:28 PM
Hello, I am Irate Ranger, and I'm a man of few words, but I enjoy Order of the Stick and D&D, and people tell me I'm fairly intelligent, so I guess I'll fit in here.

Assassin89
2009-02-27, 07:32 PM
Welcome Irate Ranger, HaZaRD, Specter, saint_duud shady otter, and other new members to GitP. Cookies will be provided to new members. Also be sure to pick up a survival kit.

Erthanos
2009-02-27, 10:52 PM
Hey there, after a year of reading OOTS I felt like it was time to join the forums.
And it seems like a good place to ask some questions I have. :D

Hope to get along with you all :D

gabado
2009-02-28, 01:48 AM
I'd say you don't really need an ego, WL. Is everything okay, Specter? I'm just wondering due to the shocked expression.

Yup, everythings cool, I was just posting at 11pm and I was half asleep. :smallsmile:

thanks though

DamnKitty
2009-02-28, 02:36 AM
hi there! I'm DamnKitty, also known as Daewen (if by any chance I decide to join a game xD), I just finished reading all OOTS, it has been almost two weeks... lol, between the comic and my son I've been really busy.
So, hope to get along with everyone.

Cheers!:smallwink:

HackMonkey
2009-02-28, 08:49 AM
Another 1st-leveller here with my obligatory prolegomena. I'm up to #168 and looking forward to many late nights ahead as I catch up to the current strip... :smallamused:

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-28, 08:53 AM
How long did it take to get to that point, Hack? I've heard of some people reading through the aarchives in a weekend.

HackMonkey
2009-02-28, 09:26 AM
Well if I had nothing else to do I'd probably be done by now, but it's been a couple o' dozen strips or so a day over the last week between doing other stuff ... now up to #182 and looking for a convenient place to pause so I can finish prepping for the HackMaster game I'm running this evening! :smallsmile:

Felixaar
2009-03-01, 12:34 AM
hi there! I'm DamnKitty, also known as Daewen (if by any chance I decide to join a game xD), I just finished reading all OOTS, it has been almost two weeks... lol, between the comic and my son I've been really busy.
So, hope to get along with everyone.

Cheers!:smallwink:

oooh, a litt'lun? how cute! how old is he?

Also, welcome all new members! If you need any help just send me a PM.

Also, TemFen, it took me a day but that was about a hundred comics ago.

AP Watts
2009-03-01, 12:37 AM
Howdy! I'm a new guy

Felixaar
2009-03-01, 12:45 AM
Hi, new guy! How are you?

faewynn
2009-03-02, 05:16 AM
Hi! New guy here!

Felixaar
2009-03-02, 05:19 AM
Another new guy? Yes! Take that, Estrogen!

Maciek93
2009-03-02, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone!
Well, that's all I wanted to say.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-02, 03:08 PM
Hot pink monkey. OWARI-HAJIMARI! That's what I wanted to say.

Welcome to the Playground, Maciek93! Have a good time, take a free cookie. Nice to meet you! :smallsmile:

Assassin89
2009-03-02, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the Playground, Msckiek93, and everyone calling themselves "new guy".
Please take a cookie, except for you Maciek93 (ARK already gave you one) :smalltongue:

adam_antio
2009-03-02, 05:36 PM
hello everybody!

lurker since about oots #100, now finally registered. See you :smallbiggrin:

LadyFalcia
2009-03-02, 07:23 PM
Greetings and salutations.

This is mostly to test out my custom avatar, made by using David Shaw's excellent guide on using Inkscape. I am - I believe the technical term is - a Lurker?

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-02, 08:04 PM
Greetings and salutations.

This is mostly to test out my custom avatar, made by using David Shaw's excellent guide on using Inkscape. I am - I believe the technical term is - a Lurker?

If I recall correctly, it is Forumitus lurkens. :smalltongue:

Welcome to the Playground, LadyFalcia and adam antio. Take a free cookie, but don't come running to me for a glass of milk. Nice to meet you! :smallsmile:

Odentin
2009-03-03, 04:30 AM
Hello there!

I am Odentin and while I'm a long-time reader of both Erfworld and Order of the Stick, I've just now joined the forums. I've been playing 3.5e D&D for a few years now, and currently run an ongoing online game that is set up similarly to an MMORPG, but with much better quests and more interesting content. Please feel free to check out the site, the link is in my signature.

Now that that shameless plug is over...

I am here, like most, to discuss gaming and to shamelessly plug my ongoing game. I look forward to meeting with all of you!

Drow_Mage
2009-03-03, 07:55 AM
yep, Just new to the site. Thought I'd say hello...

misterk
2009-03-03, 11:32 AM
Hi, I have lurked viewing threads for a while, and felt like I might post. I've been reading the strip for... a long time. If people be interested in my background, I'm a phd student at Southampton university (UK). I roleplay various systems- am currently GMing dark heresy and playing in a game of Promethean.

Aragehaor
2009-03-03, 04:57 PM
Hello, Aragehaor here!(or you could just call me Newguy :smallbiggrin:)

wanted to say hi to everyone so (Hi!)

Felixaar
2009-03-03, 07:04 PM
Wow, so many new people! Our strength grows with each passing day!

By which ofcourse I mean: What up, y'all? and WELCOME!

If you need any help, just send me a PM, or ask here.

Respite
2009-03-04, 01:20 AM
Hi, I'm brand new to the forum.

I read the comic in two sittings of 12 and 5 hours, and I'm hooked like a junkie who got that free syringe of smack from the dealer. My eyes hurt, and I'm thinking in d20 as a result.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-04, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Respite. Don't worry, crazy is the norm around here. :smallbiggrin:
I'm sort of just kidding here, some of us are actually sane, you just have to look hard enough. :smallbiggrin:

Nychta
2009-03-05, 02:08 AM
And here I was thinking we'd never be granted respite from the constant wave of new members.

Welcome.

Felixaar
2009-03-05, 02:19 AM
And here I was thinking we'd never be granted respite from the constant wave of new members.

Welcome.

...Bad! Very Bad!

...oh, I loves ya *hugs*

Aki
2009-03-05, 02:26 AM
Hello! I've been lurking around the forums without posting for a while, and finally gave in and decided to join because there were things I wanted to contribute to discussions. I've been reading Order of the Stick for about a year and the forums for about a month, and started playing D&D 3.5e a month and a half ago, or thereabouts.

And, um, yes. Hi.

Felixaar
2009-03-05, 02:32 AM
Hi, new person! Where do ye hail from?

ColonelFuster
2009-03-05, 12:59 PM
Well, i'm not new. I just recently got reanimated as a mummy and am back posting. I apologize if my grammar suffers.

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-05, 01:03 PM
I was wondering where you went. How are you and did whatever made you vanish get sorted out?

ColonelFuster
2009-03-05, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I got disconnected from the intertubes. Recently am earning enough money to get it back from comcast.

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-05, 01:21 PM
That's good. :smallsmile: Hopefully you won't end up vanishing again.

Sir Homeslice
2009-03-05, 01:26 PM
Greetings, Giant in The Playground. I have joined not even half an hour ago, because I, as a long time lurker have finally noticed 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons threads being posted and wish to participate.

Gamenight
2009-03-05, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone. Great to be here. :smallsmile:

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-05, 08:33 PM
Hi Sir Homeslice and Gamenight. I'd hug you if you weren't on the other side of the interblags and I weren't having a terrible coughing fit. :smallsigh:

Enough whining on my part. Welcome to the Playground! Find some stuff that you enjoy, and have a good time. Read the rules, eat your vegetables, stay in school. Nice meeting you! :smallsmile:

Felixaar
2009-03-05, 08:49 PM
Welcome, newwies! And welcome back, Fuster!

Everyone play where I can see you.

Assassin89
2009-03-05, 08:59 PM
Welcome Sir Homeslice and Gamenight to the playground. Please read the rules and enjoy your time here.

lolokaust
2009-03-05, 09:01 PM
Hello everyone. I am the lolokaust and I want to make your forum better. I'm working on how to do that but I'll post when I have an idea.

Dragonrider
2009-03-05, 09:36 PM
Hello everyone. I am the lolokaust and I want to make your forum better. I'm working on how to do that but I'll post when I have an idea.

How could it be better when it's already THE PERFECTEST PLACE EVAR ON TEH INTERBLAGS? :smallbiggrin: [/freakoutinlovewithGitP]
Do keep an eye on the white text. It tends to sneak up on you when you're least expecting it.

Felixaar
2009-03-05, 10:05 PM
Yes, yes it does. Not it doesn't!

Welcome, lolokaust! Love the username btw. But theres to be no widespread slaughterin' round here, mm?

Coplantor
2009-03-05, 10:16 PM
Greetings lolokaust and welcome, your name sounds awesome, it marked a 7.6 on my awesometer.

By the way, there are more posts from older users than from newbies... that'0s not how this should be.

SMOKE BOMB! DISSAPEAR!

Leinad
2009-03-05, 11:34 PM
Having recently stumbled upon this site and the order of the stick I give you all my greetings. Read through the comics and was intrigued that there is not only a forum, but the possibility of pbp.

so... Hello There!!!

Rinvak
2009-03-06, 12:35 AM
Hello, I'm new to these boards though I've been lurking for a couple weeks, so hello.

Trodon
2009-03-06, 03:20 AM
Hey people i'v read all of the OOTS comics and i can't wait for more i finally got around to registering so yeah awesome. MIND FLAYERS FTW!

Dragonrider
2009-03-06, 11:27 AM
Having recently stumbled upon this site and the order of the stick I give you all my greetings. Read through the comics and was intrigued that there is not only a forum, but the possibility of pbp.

so... Hello There!!!

Coplantor, I have to respond to this guy. :smallbiggrin:

My dad's first barbarian in Diablo II was named Lienad (his later ones were all named after flowers...Daisy, Pansy, etc). Probably for the same reason as your username. Welcome.