PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

quail
2009-03-06, 02:10 PM
Hello all,

I need advice. I am trying to buy one of the OOTS books for an OOTS fan. It is one of the ones that contains info about the characters' lives before the start of the online comics. It is NOT Origin of PCs. It was referred to as OOTS -1 by the person I am trying to buy for. Frankly I don't read OOTS frequently and have no idea what this refers to. Does anyone know what I am looking for? If so, please tell me!!!

Thanks a heap!

Assassin89
2009-03-06, 03:03 PM
Hello all,

I need advice. I am trying to buy one of the OOTS books for an OOTS fan. It is one of the ones that contains info about the characters' lives before the start of the online comics. It is NOT Origin of PCs. It was referred to as OOTS -1 by the person I am trying to buy for. Frankly I don't read OOTS frequently and have no idea what this refers to. Does anyone know what I am looking for? If so, please tell me!!!

Thanks a heap!

Welcome quail. To answer your question, I think you are looking for Start of Darkness if the characters in mind are Redcloak and/or Xykon. Otherwise the book you are looking for is Origin of the PCs.

Felixaar
2009-03-06, 09:47 PM
Hello all,

Thanks a heap!

You're looking for the book Start of Darkness. You can order it here (http://apegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OOTS03&Category_Code=).

I am sure you friend will enjoy it :smallsmile:

The Librarian
2009-03-07, 12:22 AM
Hello citizens of the forum, my name is Righty. Yet another of the somewhat acne riddened, D&D Maniac, Gamaholic Teens.:smallcool: I hope that I fit in here and hope to join in on the Role-Playing games soon.:smalltongue: Righty out.

Felixaar
2009-03-07, 02:34 AM
By the sounds of it, Righty, you will :smallsmile: give me a PM if theres anything you need.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-07, 03:02 AM
Hello y´all and welcome!

*hands over a cookie and a starting kit to new peoples*

Redsword
2009-03-07, 06:17 AM
*Eats the cookie and opens the starting kit* Does it include more cookies? Oo
Hi! I am Red! ^^

Felixaar
2009-03-08, 12:03 AM
In the Playground, everything contains more cookies.

Welcome, Redsword! Feel free to send me a PM if you need help with anything.

2009-03-08, 12:05 AM
Hello there, everyone. I'm a new poster, and probobly one of the coolest and most brilliant people you'll ever meet. Just saying "hi" before continuing posting on this website.

capster3000
2009-03-08, 06:08 AM
Hi!

I've been reading OOTS for a while now, and only just joined the forums. It'll be nice to speculate with people other than the meager few who I know that read the comic.

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-08, 06:12 AM
I hope you enjoy it here, Capster. :smallsmile: You should be fine as long as you don't start any Miko, alignment, MitD or V's gender threads. :smalltongue: (They can get out of hand sometimes.)

Felixaar
2009-03-08, 07:15 AM
Hello there, everyone. I'm a new poster, and probobly one of the coolest and most brilliant people you'll ever meet. Just saying "hi" before continuing posting on this website.

Oooh, I like this one. Can we keep him? Huh?

also: welcome, capster!

Sensate
2009-03-08, 07:55 AM
Yello, I've decided to come back. Maybe someone remembers me.

cycoris
2009-03-08, 07:59 AM
Hello new'uns!

*hands out candied coconut chunks*

(If you don't like coconut, you can have one of those cookies dallas-dakota's handing out)

Sensate
2009-03-08, 08:05 AM
(If you don't like coconut, you can have one of those cookies dallas-dakota's handing out)

Hehe, I remember those. His posts always made me hungry. :smallbiggrin:

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-08, 08:07 AM
I remember you, Sensate. How has everything been?

Sensate
2009-03-08, 08:13 AM
I remember you, Sensate. How has everything been?

Hey buddy, I remember you too. Pretty good actually, I've gotten to be less OCD and set some things straight in my life. But now I've realized I needed that "geek fantasy" factor when TV shows, books and casual PC games fail to entertain me -- this comic/forum immediately sprang to mind as a rather healthy addiction.

Green&Submarine
2009-03-09, 01:59 PM
Hello! Long-time reader of OotS and Erfworld, short-time forum lurker, and now even-shorter-time actual member.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-09, 02:02 PM
Hehe, I remember those. His posts always made me hungry. :smallbiggrin:
Awesome.:smallamused:

Welcome back!

And welcome new members!

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-09, 02:03 PM
Hi, Green. :smallsmile: I remember that I mainly joined to post in the Start of Darkness thread. I didn't lurk for more then a couple of days, though (I joined just after I brought SoD).

Shas aia Toriia
2009-03-09, 06:23 PM
Yello, I've decided to come back. Maybe someone remembers me.

Hey, its. . . its. . . you. . . I'm joking! Geez, put that down already, you could hurt somebody with that- OW!
But no, if anybody has a question on anything, please don't hesitate to send myself or any of the other people here a PM. :smallsmile:

Renegade93
2009-03-09, 08:34 PM
HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am an rper/dm/gamer none of my friends play D&D (which is stupid) and I need someone to play with online or physically should any of you be in the area (Dallas TX) any offers?

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-09, 08:39 PM
Your bigotry against non-D&D players have not gone unnoticed.

Tread with caution.

((What he means is, welcome home.))

Renegade93
2009-03-09, 08:47 PM
Appreciated

Felixaar
2009-03-09, 11:41 PM
...yeah.

Welcome!

Green&Submarine, you name reminds me of the old joke lyrics to a famous beatles song...

"We all live in a yellow submarine,
We hate the stupid thing,
We want to paint it green..."

Renegade, there's bound to be some people in your area, though you'll probably have more luck posting in the Gaming section or here in Friendly Banter.

If anyone needs anything, send me a PM!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-10, 01:19 AM
Actually, I do remember, that there are some playgrounders who live in Dallas, Texas(Or very near it).

Welcome anyway, that might just be my vague memory speaking up.
*jumps in fr- err into the train he´s supposed to catch*

Ikkin El
2009-03-10, 01:25 AM
Hello GitPers!

I recently got hooked on OotS and read from #1 straight through to the latest, #635. My next step is to do the stupid thing I always do with new gaming addictions: head down to the game store and spend too money on related merchandise I can't afford. I couldn't be more excited to do it, either!

I was initially loath to check this forum out, but I was linked to a forum thread from #nethack and saw that the OP was a self-described "LGBTITP" Ally with a gender**** avatar and it warmed the deepest cackles of my queer little heart. So now you're stuck with me, like it or not! ;)

Schol-R-LEA
2009-03-10, 02:08 AM
Well, I suppose it was inevitable that I would show up here, too, wasn't it? :smallcool:

Felixaar
2009-03-10, 02:37 AM
Ikkin, welcome to the forums. Believe me, this is not a place you should be loathe to be in :smallsmile:

Lea, I love your username. Welcome!

Again, if anyone needs anything, PM me.

Rhiannon87
2009-03-10, 06:47 PM
Hello there... I'm terrible at these introduction things. I've been playing D&D 3.5 off and on for several years, more on lately (thankfully). Player character in two games, DMing for the first time in another. Hopefully I'll be able to get advice on how to deal with various issues that come up in my campaign here, as I can't very well ask my players how to plan out their next encounter! (At least, not often. They're generally very good about meta-gaming and being nice to the first time DM, bless them.) Plus being able to share the hilarity and weirdness that goes down at D&D with people outside my group will be fun.

Coplantor
2009-03-10, 06:53 PM
Welcome Rhiannon, welcome to this wonderful place, but I must warn you! The playground lures you with the gaming forums and all the amount of accumulated knowledge of DnD... but after a while you'll be hanging around the playground for almost any reason, I joined because of the gaming forums and now is one of the least visited by me...

CHECK THE SMBG FORUMS!

@V: Accepted! Feel my piraty wrath!

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-10, 06:53 PM
Hey Rhiannon87! Have a cookie, or some milk, or a hug. :smallsmile:

We've got lots o' D&D players around here, so you'll have no trouble finding advice and such. I also recommend you try a few Silly Message Board Games; they're my favorite part of these forums.

@^ *engages in EPIC NINJA WARFARE* :smalltongue:

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-10, 07:27 PM
Ikkin, welcome to the forums. Believe me, this is not a place you should be loathe to be in :smallsmile:

I beg to disagree.

Green&Submarine
2009-03-10, 10:05 PM
...yeah.
Green&Submarine, you name reminds me of the old joke lyrics to a famous beatles song...

"We all live in a yellow submarine,
We hate the stupid thing,
We want to paint it green..."

I actually got the name by taking lyrics I liked from the Pink Floyd song "Echoes". :smallbiggrin:

Assassin89
2009-03-10, 10:07 PM
I'm here to welcome every new member. I'm pretty sure you all received cookies, but there are several people here who are willing to help you in matters in gaming or on other topics.

Felixaar
2009-03-10, 11:01 PM
I beg to disagree.

That's your opinion, Khan, and I respect you for it.

I actually got the name by taking lyrics I liked from the Pink Floyd song "Echoes". :smallbiggrin:

Ha, neat. My friend once owned a pink rabbit named Floyd.

Rhiannon, welcome! There'll be plenty of people who can help you out with DMing in the gaming forums, but make sure to hang around here in Friendly Banter, too! We like new people.

Give me a PM if you need anything. Don't be shy!

Rutskarn
2009-03-10, 11:04 PM
Welcome, everyone. This is a magical place of happiness, gumdrops, sugarplums and gruesome back-alley organ transplants. Also of staying up too late and writing incomprehensible greetings to new shellfish.

Shellfish and CARDBOARD. Toucan!

BlueWizard
2009-03-11, 02:17 AM
Check out the play-by-post section if you're looking to run or play in a game.

You may be my next player, who knows.

Chaotic Wood
2009-03-11, 07:21 AM
Hello, I'm a long time reader, first time poster, from the far distant fog shrouded isle of Britain.
Is this where I say that Order of the Stick if my favourite webcomic by a country mile?

I've never actually played Dungeons & Dragons, but I used to play Games Workshop* games, which have mechanics similar enough that I wasn't completely left in the dark by all the d20 jokes in the early comics.

*I gave up because building up armies got very expensive, and I never had the patience to paint up much more that a couple of units of an army before I got attracted to another race's forces.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-11, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the playground Chaotic Wood. You don't have to say that OOTS is your favourite comic, but it helps. :smallbiggrin:
Anyways, welcome. Don't worry about the other playgrounders, most of us are crazy but kind.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-11, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the playground Chaotic Wood. You don't have to say that OOTS is your favourite comic, but it helps. :smallbiggrin:
Anyways, welcome. Don't worry about the other playgrounders, most of us are crazy but kind.

I couldn't have described it better myself. Flying monkeys on jetbicycles! Duck, my good man, and fetch my elephant gun! Or at least my flying monkey on bike gun. :smalltongue:

Welcome, Chaotic Wood. The Playground's a good place, and your being here helps make it better. :smallsmile:

Fortuna
2009-03-11, 10:43 PM
Hello.

It says something about me that my first act on getting an account was to fill in my sig, but having done that I thought that I should look into this thread. Please have no compunctions about flaming, taunting, etc. etc. me. At this juncture, I would like to express my love of D&D (1st edition) and OoTS. I would also like to ask for pointers to good material to nick for my game tomorrow.

Felixaar
2009-03-11, 11:45 PM
Welcome to both newwies! Chaotic Wood, I had the same problem with GW games. As fun as they are, they just require faaaar too much cash and attention span.

I got to beat my mates up and down the board a few times though, so it was worth it.

Welcome to you too, Random Person! I love the username. Make sure to head on over the Gaming forums, someone should be able to help you out.

Remember, if anyone needs anything, PM me!

Thajocoth
2009-03-12, 04:25 PM
Hey. I'm new. I started reading OotS in December. I thoroughly enjoyed the archives.

Assassin89
2009-03-12, 06:52 PM
Welcome Thajocoth, Tandom_person and Chaotic wood.

I'm also a fan of OoTS, but there is one character I wish would die permanently. I also play 3.5 D&D so you might see me in the Gaming forums.
You can also go into SMBGs for amusement.

Kilkrazy
2009-03-13, 04:11 AM
Hi all, I've just joined though I've been reading OOTS and Erfworld for years.

I'm sorry about my somewhat juvenile and aggressive screen name -- I choose it when I was young and foolish in the early 1980s and I've stuck with it ever since.

Felixaar
2009-03-13, 04:25 AM
Ah, the eighties. That was a fun decade.

No one point out that I wasn't around.

Welcome, Thaj and KK. If either of you need anything, send me a PM.

Kobold_Love
2009-03-13, 04:54 AM
Just want to say my mandatory hi.

Needless to say, the awesome depiction of kobolds in the Order of the Stick comic began the chain of events which led me here.

If the author reads this, I love your work!

Felixaar
2009-03-13, 05:11 AM
Heh. Don't let Assassin 89 hear you sayin' that :smallbiggrin: (he hates The Oracle).

Also, WELCOME!!!

PM me if you need anything.

Kobold_Love
2009-03-13, 06:56 AM
Heh. Don't let Assassin 89 hear you sayin' that :smallbiggrin: (he hates The Oracle).

Also, WELCOME!!!

PM me if you need anything.

Wut?

How can he hate such a lovable creature?

And thanks for the welcome!

Assassin89
2009-03-13, 07:17 AM
Wut?

How can he hate such a lovable creature?

And thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Kobold_Love. The reason I hate the Oracle is because of his attitude, constant cheating of death. The other kolbolds are better because they do not cheat death constantly.

overlordFT
2009-03-13, 09:08 AM
'ello 'ello 'ello.

I'm new here.

I haven't played many tabletop RPGs, but I'm trying to get into them, I've played a few DnD games.

My true love is Video game RPGs, my favourite is, the barely known at all and DOS reliant, DAGGERFALL.

I'm betting none of you heard of that RPG? :smallbiggrin:

Anywho, moving on, I'm a Fantasy pop culture nerd who trys to read every book under the sun. I'm also participent in many TES Fan fics.

You can visit my blog here:

http://thankyoucomeagian.blogspot.com/

unica_iha
2009-03-14, 06:56 AM
hi! i'm new here. just want to familiarize myself on the other characters:smallsmile:

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-14, 07:06 AM
Hi, unica. What do you mean by "characters" exactly?

But Not Tonight
2009-03-14, 08:22 AM
been reading the comic for years, and lurking the forums for 6 months or so, and decided I need an account here, so...

Greetings.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-14, 08:33 AM
Greetings, BNT.

ottack
2009-03-15, 11:41 AM
Hi there i'm totally new..thats about it

Assassin89
2009-03-15, 12:22 PM
Greeting ottack. There are multiple sections of the forums that may be of interest to you, such as Order of the Stick, Gaming or SMBGs.

ottack
2009-03-15, 12:29 PM
thanks I think I'll take a look

inan
2009-03-16, 03:24 AM
hi guys, i'm new here... :)

Asta Kask
2009-03-16, 03:54 AM
Hello, everybody... been lurking for a long time but the sheer awesomeness of OOTS strip #637 lured me out.

Felixaar
2009-03-16, 04:21 AM
Welcome, overlord, unica, BNT, ottack, inan and Asta!

If any of you need anything, make sure to send me a PM. And have FUN!!!

Oh, and a heads up: It's currently Evil Avatar week on the forums, so a lot of Playgrounders will be acting horribly Evil. We're not usually so.

TrashCat
2009-03-16, 12:23 PM
Hello all! I am TrashCat. :smallwink:

Let's see... I have been reading Oots and lurking on the forums for almost 2 years. Recently, I have begun playing my first D&D campaign, so I figured that it was as good a time as any to actually get around to registering. That, and the ever-increasing awesomeness of the Oots strips.

I am a 20-year-old woman, currently attending college and studying Environmental Engineering Technology. I also like bicycles, Rubik's cubes, and pianos.

Spurred by the afore-mentioned D&D campaign (and its need for avatar pictures, as we use a virtual tabletop program), I have found myself getting into the hobby of creating oots-style avatars. This post is partly a test to see how my TrashCat avatar shows up on the forums. This is also my first time using photobucket, so we'll see...

What else? I promise not to speak in LOL.

Cheers,
TrashCat

Cristo Meyers
2009-03-16, 12:25 PM

Rats. You'd fit right in in some spots if you did...:smalltongue:

TrashCat
2009-03-16, 12:31 PM
Alright, trying again with a bigger image. The smaller version looks blurry.

Thanks, Cristo Meyers. :smallsmile: I may speak in LOL occasionally, when it fits the joke.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-16, 02:53 PM
I iz Welcoming Cat. This iz Welcoming Thread.

Hi there TrashCat. You seem neat enough for being trashy (:smalltongue:), and I hope that I'll be able to see more of you around here. :smallsmile:

TrashCat
2009-03-16, 06:08 PM
Puns. You haz dem.

Thanks for the kind welcome, nonetheless. :smalltongue:

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-16, 06:27 PM
Nary a problem Miss Trash. Your new name is Kitty Q. Trash, in case you didn't get the memo.

I recommend you play Silly Message Board Games. They're fun, and I play them often. It's one of the best ways to often brush against my sheer awesomeness (not to mention modesty :smalltongue:).

Kaelaroth
2009-03-16, 06:36 PM

And you qualify for friendship.
G'evening, ma'am. :smallsmile:

Sneak
2009-03-16, 06:47 PM
Welcome, Trashcat and others!

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY SNEAK.™

Assassin89
2009-03-16, 07:05 PM
Welcome Trashcat. We are very similar, as we are around the same age and have similar hobbies. I am another creator of oots style avatars and a software engineering student who has started playing D&D a few months ago. The avatars started with a depiction of my now-dead human cleric.

A big welcome to Asta and inan too :smallsmile:

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-16, 07:08 PM
Hi TrashCat. :smallsmile:

Felixaar
2009-03-17, 05:13 AM
I recommend you play Silly Message Board Games. They're fun, and I play them often. It's one of the best ways to often brush against my sheer awesomeness (not to mention modesty :smalltongue:).

You will, however, lose your soul.

Welcome, TrashCat. I too enjoy Bicycling. If you need any help or have any questions, PM me. Also, I like your avatar :smallsmile:

AxeD
2009-03-17, 05:33 AM
Hey, I'm new to the forums, but I've been reading OotS for several years now and love it. It's easily my most favourite webcomic.

I'm from Darwin, Australia, and while I've never played any D&D, I've think I've read enough stuff about it (and played Neverwinter Nights enough times) to give it a go. If anyone could direct me to any threads or groups which play D&D in Darwin, I'd appreciate it.

Felixaar
2009-03-17, 05:54 AM
Sorry I can't help with DnD groups in Darwin, 'D. But as a fellow Australian, it's my honour bound duty to glomp you now that you've posted here.

RAH! *glomps*

Cuandubh
2009-03-17, 01:10 PM
uhm new guy in town..lo...

Cuan

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-17, 01:36 PM
Sup. :smallcool:

Tharianor
2009-03-19, 12:05 PM
Hello Everybody!

Like you I play D&D and I like alla sort of RpG in general. I stubled on the site becouse of OoTS
I have been following this comic nearly from the beginnig, but I have been reading the forum only during this year.
So I decided to join the rest of you.

I hope we get along well :smallsmile:

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-19, 12:25 PM
Like you I am play D&D

That doesn't sound very much like me at all.

Though you're still welcome.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-19, 12:38 PM
Like you I play D&D

Nope. But welcome.

Tharianor
2009-03-19, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharianor
Like you I am play D&D

That doesn't sound very much like me at all.

Though you're still welcome.

Sorry it was a typing error, so I corrected it.
Or you were saying you don't play D&D?

Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel
Nope. But welcome.

Oh! I see. So I will say "Like some of you I play D&D"

Thank both you for welcoming me!

Tuber
2009-03-19, 07:14 PM
Out of the eater cometh sweet V,
meet that mate and childer saved
avenged against Ancients enmity.

Double and Triple strengthened by Fiends ago
laid into a trap of own taking
for to power calls this maker and changer
and challenged is the keeper of the trio.

Let Gods and Giants look and consider
ways of elven hearts are rife
with desire, humans kindling
shared with older siblings,
and yea the weird is not less bitter.

Assassin89
2009-03-19, 07:21 PM
Welcome Thanrianor and Tuber.

Well Tharianor, someone who actually plays D&D is greeting you this time.

Interesting poetic entrance Tuber.

Apoc Golem
2009-03-19, 08:14 PM
Good form, Tuber!

Hi and hi and hello, fellow geeks and gamers. I have not been on these forums for a couple years, and forgot how much I miss them! I'd say a few years denotes the necessity of saying hello on the New Members thread, eh?

:smallsmile:

Sneak
2009-03-19, 08:19 PM
Welcome, everyone, and welcome back, Apoc Golem!

What was your old account name? Was it different? If so, I might remember you.

But welcome back anyway. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-20, 06:57 AM
Hiya.

I'm back.

Missed me?

jonathan_h
2009-03-20, 07:22 AM
Hello, fellow Playground denizens!

I found OOTS around the end of last year, and finally got to reading it actively about a month ago, starting from the beginning. (I caught up at "Every Parent's Worst Nightmare" - talk about a cliffhanger, after having read 628 episodes straight!)

So I'm hooked, and I'm looking forward to being around here for as long as the ride lasts.

Best regards,

jonathan_h

Tharianor
2009-03-20, 02:07 PM
Tuber great lirics!
Hello everybody! :smallsmile:

Fredthefighter
2009-03-20, 02:12 PM
Welcome back D-D, we missed you.

Also, welcome to the playground jonathan_h and Tharianor, don't worry about the crazy people here, because although we're everywhere, most of us are nice people. :smallbiggrin:
Enjoy your stay. In hell.

geekyhedgehog
2009-03-20, 09:46 PM
welcome one, welcome all!
any newbies to the forums, I'm always open to questions, comments, or conversation; just PM me.

'bye for now, unless I see you hangin' around the Sillay Message Board Games forum, 'cause that's where it's at.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-20, 10:43 PM
Hiya.

I'm back.

Missed me?

You were gone?

Cabeza
2009-03-20, 11:11 PM
Howdy people I'm brand new and I curiously joined this Forum three years after reading the first strip of The Order of the Stick®. Indeed, after looking at strip Number 639 and watching my most beloved, favorite, incredibly unique mythological creatures die, the Dragons, then I had no choice. I had to tell all of you that.. I'm bad, I'm really sad. Oh yes. So sad. It's such a hard blow for me... Just hoping some people in OOTS cast Massive Blessed Resurrection to all of them so I can get better.
Do I need to introduce myself any deeper? I'm Cabeza and I'm younger than all of you, speaking to you from the deepest of the southern poblated territories in the World. Some may like me, some not. Greetings anyway.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-21, 02:18 AM
You were gone?
A week.

Yes, I realize that may not be long.

But it did feel looooong....

BullHorn
2009-03-21, 06:24 AM
Hi, I'm New.

Assassin89
2009-03-21, 07:34 AM
Welcome BullHorn to the playground. There are several section that you might enjoy such as SMBGs, Gaming and Order of the Stick.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-21, 07:39 AM
Howdy people I'm brand new and I curiously joined this Forum three years after reading the first strip of The Order of the Stick®. Indeed, after looking at strip Number 639 and watching my most beloved, favorite, incredibly unique mythological creatures die, the Dragons, then I had no choice. I had to tell all of you that.. I'm bad, I'm really sad. Oh yes. So sad. It's such a hard blow for me... Just hoping some people in OOTS cast Massive Blessed Resurrection to all of them so I can get better.
Do I need to introduce myself any deeper? I'm Cabeza and I'm jounger than all of you, speaking to you from the deepest of the southern poblated territories in the World. Some may like me, some not. Greetings anyway.

You aren't younger than all of us, I'm quite sure of it.
Welcome to the playground Cabeza, have fun and don't feed the playtpus after midnight. :smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-21, 07:44 AM
Hi, I'm New.

I like your user name. Hi, i'm from texas. *shakes hands with*

Felixaar
2009-03-21, 07:48 AM
Hiya.

I'm back.

Missed me?

By the might of Steve, YES!!!

*glomps* you're not an aussie, but this is a special case.

Also, big welcomes to Cuan, Thar, Tuber, Apoc, Jon H, GH, Cabeza, and Bullhorn!

If anyone needs anything, just give a whistle! (by which I mean send me a PM!)

Cabeza, you'd have to be VERY younger to be younger than all of us. The youngest I know of here is 12.

edit: wow, everyone comes from such cool places! Argetina, New York, Italy, and many more! Cool!

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-21, 07:49 AM
By the might of Steve, YES!!!

*glomps* you're not an aussie, but this is a special case.

Also, big welcomes to Cuan, Thar, Tuber, Apoc, Jon H, GH, Cabeza, and Bullhorn!

If anyone needs anything, just give a whistle! (by which I mean send me a PM!)

Cabeza, you'd have to be VERY younger to be younger than all of us. The youngest I know of here is 12.

I know someone who is ten.

Felixaar
2009-03-21, 07:52 AM
really? hmm, well, that, then.

geekyhedgehog
2009-03-21, 08:58 AM
Welcome one, welcome both!

1) If you're looking for custom avatars, some of the artists in the 'Arts and Crafts' section are quite good.

2) If you're confused about anything else, just PM me (or most anyone, really). We're all a friendly bunch.

Cabeza
2009-03-21, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the greetings!
If there are children with 10 years old here... then nevermind what I had reacently said. It's that I'm 16, and because I hate to be older with every year passing, let's suffice to say that I feel more comfortable by pretending I'm jounger.
Yes, my home is down here. At the bottom of the world. :smallbiggrin: Now, after ten years of Second Language English studies, at last I can show my skills in public! All these years of hard training will not be wasted!
By the way, if you ever need a translator (spanish-english, english-spanish) or a moderator of a Spaniard forum in here, feel free to talk to me!

Cheers,
Cabeza.-

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-21, 10:44 AM
Can I call you head? Sup, head.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-21, 10:45 AM
Hi Cabeza. I'm sixteen too, there's a lot of people like us here. :smallsmile:

I'm a native English speaker, but I'm learning Spanish. I've got a little over two and a half years of Spanish classes done so far. If I have a question, I guess I'll let you know. :smallsmile:

Cabeza
2009-03-21, 11:26 AM
Can I call you head? Sup, head.

lol yeah you can call me like that. Head is english for Cabeza anyway, so I have no problem at all, Crimson Angel.

Rainy Knight, glad to see someone of my age ^^ any questions realted to our languages, let me know what troubles you, and I might solve your problems.

cheers

Mannryu
2009-03-21, 12:51 PM
Hello everyone! I've been a fan and reader of OOTS for almost two years, and have finally decided to join the forums.. You're all an awesome bunch of people after all! :smallwink:

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-21, 01:07 PM
I know exactly how you feel about getting older, Cabeza. The brain quote in your sig is amusing, Mannryu.

Mannryu
2009-03-21, 01:11 PM
Why thank you. :smallbiggrin:
Sometimes it is indeed true.

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 06:09 PM
While you are not, in any way, younger than all of us, welcome. You too Manryu. It's good to see you both got avatars.

geekyhedgehog
2009-03-21, 07:01 PM
whereas I'm still waiting for a new one...

*glares at various people*

dagaarn
2009-03-21, 09:17 PM
OH MY GOD I'M BACK
haven't been here for about 3 years, still been following OOTS though, just got bored with the foruming...

Felixaar
2009-03-22, 02:45 AM
Mannryu, welcome! You seem like a very nice person and I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Make sure to hang out here in Friendly Banter. I love your avatar and sig quote.

'beza, your english is very good! If you want to find some fellow spanish speakers I reccomend seeking out a playgrounder named cycoris, who speaks fluently, and Dragonrider, who is learning (but excellent at it).

Dag tired? of these forums? fo'reals? Well, a lot has changed in three years then, cause I can't get enough! I think they put something in the water...

Remember, if anyone needs any help with anything - or just wants to chat to someone! - PM me.

Sniddin
2009-03-22, 07:03 AM
Hi, I'm new here, just saying hi :smallbiggrin:

Izzyundus
2009-03-22, 08:27 AM
I'm new recently fallen into the comics. Oh and hi.

Assassin89
2009-03-22, 08:31 AM
Welcome Izzyundus and Sniddin. I'm pretty sure that you will enjoy Order of the Stick section of the forums. Other sections of interest may include SMBGs and gaming.

Cabeza
2009-03-22, 08:55 AM
'beza, your english is very good! If you want to find some fellow spanish speakers I reccomend seeking out a playgrounder named cycoris, who speaks fluently, and Dragonrider, who is learning (but excellent at it).

Thanks Felixaar; indeed after years of study I'm glad to hear that someone who is not from my school tells me I have a very good english:smallbiggrin: (also a woman from Los Angeles who was lost in the Argentine airport... I had the liberty of introducing myself and guiding her to her destination, and traducing some stuff. In the end she told me I had very good english and that I was an "angel"- hmm.. maybe becasue suddenly I appear from nowhere and guide her with no reason at all... Oh, I'm altering the subject here...)

I will try to make contact with Cycoris and Dragonrider. Thanks, a bit of spanish-chatting will do ok for me. And if I have any questions, I will contact you and anyone who is open for PMs.

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 09:31 AM
Welcome to you 2. You seem nice, and have good usernames, so I look forward to seeing you more.

zorba1994
2009-03-22, 04:57 PM
Hello, I'm new here I guess.

I've been reading OOTS for a while, and I was looking for an RPG forum, so when I saw one here I jumped for it.

See you around I guess.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-22, 05:00 PM
Hi Zorba1994. Welcome to the Playground. :smallsmile:

There's lots of stuff to do here; it's like a buffet of crazy awesome. I personally recommend our very own Random Banter and the Silly Message Board Games. Hopefully I'll see you around sometime. :smallsmile:

Fuchs
2009-03-22, 05:42 PM
Hello. Been reading the comic for a while now (even though I've never played D&D or any other RPG or tabletop or what gives, I still find it funny) and finally decided to register on these forums. So... greetings to everyone, I guess.

Mordokai
2009-03-22, 05:53 PM
I haven't said it in a long time, so here goes nothing.

Welcome to all newcomers! I hope and think you'll enjoy your stay. And I guess, if you need help, shoot me a PM. Maybe it's the alcohol talking, but I'm in good mood today.

geekyhedgehog
2009-03-23, 05:37 AM
Welcome all!

Like Mordokai, I'm always glad to answer questions or distress calls. Except, unlike Mordokai, I'm actually sober!

Tips, Suggestions, and Subtle Mind Control:
Visit 'Arts and Crafts' for a neat Avatar. Some of the artists are really amazing!
The OotS forum has lots and lots of discussion. That can always be fun.
Silly Message Board Games is a good place to goof off.

Enjoy yourselves!

Felixaar
2009-03-23, 05:46 AM
Izzy, Snid, Fuchs, Zorb, welcome! Hope you all have lots of fun here. Make sure to PM me if you need help with anything, or just want to talk to someone!

'beza - a good deed! Well done :smallsmile: come join us in Random Banter some day - I'd like to chat more but it's weird to interrupt the thread.

Killer Angel
2009-03-23, 07:37 AM
Hello playgrounders!
You all knows the same old story: long time reading, first time writing, etc.
It’s a few years I’m lurking (the heroes of OOTS had still to face Xykon for the first time), but the watching game has became a little boring, so...
Sadly, the language it’s still a problem. I’m a fast reader, but a slow writer: it’s not so easy to write my thoughts in an acceptable grammar.
Well, here I am!

Felixaar
2009-03-23, 08:03 AM
Grammar, Bah! You'll do fine. I assume your first language is Italian?

Also, Welcome! If you need any help or just want to chat, send me a Private Message.

Killer Angel
2009-03-23, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=Felixaar;5915682]Grammar, Bah! You'll do fine. I assume your first language is Italian?

Yep.
Now I'm looking for some previews of OOTS Avatars. Choosing blindly is a bad idea...

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-23, 08:40 AM
Which one did you pick initially? I used the Griffin one initially (then I got an artist named Threeshades to make a Lupin Wizard avatar for me).

Killer Angel
2009-03-23, 08:52 AM
Which one did you pick initially? I used the Griffin one initially (then I got an artist named Threeshades to make a Lupin Wizard avatar for me).

Actually, I think it's the Assassinguy (the first in line).
Before trying with custom avatars, it's good for me one of the "classic", but I know (hope) that, hidden somewhere, ther must be a link for a preview of the OOTS avatars...

wickedkisses
2009-03-23, 10:12 AM
Hi, new to the forum but have been following Erfworld assiduously. I really enjoy it, as I am also a storyteller/gamemaster/GM or Narrator. Pick your poison.

I can't seem to get the photobucket custom avatar link to work, so I am sad.

:smallfrown:

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Assassin89
2009-03-23, 06:36 PM
Hi, new to the forum but have been following Erfworld assiduously. I really enjoy it, as I am also a storyteller/gamemaster/GM or Narrator. Pick your poison.

I can't seem to get the photobucket custom avatar link to work, so I am sad.

:smallfrown:

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Welcome wickedkisses. For your photobucket custom avatar link, did you toggle the custom option for avatar and type in the direct link?

parinoid97
2009-03-23, 07:44 PM
hi i have no character sheet so do i need one. i play 3.5

canterrain
2009-03-24, 02:18 AM
Hi there!

Long long time reader, first time poster.

Quick facts:
I'm 26.
Male.
Work in the webcomic industry (but won't say where yet, that'd be trolling)
used to play Dnd
Still mud!
and like long walks on the beach far far away from Xykon and 'Suvie.

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-24, 02:22 AM
A lot of people talk about their own webcomics in the Webcomics section, so I don't think it would be trolling if you mentioned it there, canterrain. This website doesn't host character sheets, but most DMs would want to see your character's details if you join any PBP games, parinoid97.

Felixaar
2009-03-24, 06:54 AM
Welcome, all newies!

wickedkisses, As far as custom avatars go, you might want to make sure you selected "Custom Avatar". Also make sure you have a direct link. If you're still having problems, report back here or PM me and I'll go into more detail.

parinoid, you don't need a character sheet on these forums, unless you want to play one of the PbP games. You can't host them here though.

cann, like your facts. would love to hear more about where you work in the web comics industy.

KillerAngel, I'm sorry, I don't know that there is one, you'll probably just have to pick at random till you find something you like. I just went with PirateCaptain and stayed that way until I started making my own. Then I got some people who can actually make decent avatars to do it for me.

Remember, if anyone needs any help or just want's to chat, PM me!

saevitia
2009-03-24, 11:16 AM
Um, can't quite remember when I registered, but I don't think I ever posted.

So... hi!

I<3Bed
2009-03-24, 03:33 PM
Hello. I've lurked this site for about a year and a half now, and read every OOTS and ERF in that time. I would have stayed that way if V's last spell hadn't killed off my alternate personae. Stupid wizards...

Anyways, I just have one question: How do you change your avatar?

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-24, 03:36 PM
Hello. I've lurked this site for about a year and a half now, and read every OOTS and ERF in that time. I would have stayed that way if V's last spell hadn't killed off my alternate personae. Stupid wizards...

Anyways, I just have one question: How do you change your avatar?

Just under where it says, "Welcome, [username]," go under quick links and select Edit Options. There's a place to select an OOTS avatar or put in the link for a custom one.

Welcome! :smallsmile:

Ovaltine Patrol
2009-03-24, 08:04 PM
Here's a quick new guy question: what does PEACH stand for?

I've been playing RPGs for years but it wasn't until I joined these forums that I saw this. It hadn't bothered me before now because I had only seen it in the context of homebrewing stuff, but now I just saw it in a different context and I'm confused.

Dragonrider
2009-03-24, 08:31 PM
"Please Examine and Critique Honestly". I think. :smalltongue: Check the index of acronyms for verification.

Edit: I would direct you to it, but I've forgotten where it is. :smallconfused:

Ovaltine Patrol
2009-03-24, 08:42 PM
I thought it was something like that, thanks a bunch! I'll have to look for that index.

Yardo
2009-03-24, 09:23 PM
Hello everyone, thought it time I registered here to, after a long time of mostly just following the comics. :smallbiggrin:

Mewdo
2009-03-25, 07:41 PM
Greatings and good wishes to everyone. I've been reading OotS and Erfworld for a while, and now I finally decided to be a part of the forums. I hope I can live up to the usual silliness and niceness I've found most everyone here seems to have.

Some things:
I like to write (poems and essays, mostly)
I play the flute.
I am learning German.
I am currently playing in a campaign as Dr. Toing, a Githzerai barbarian/ranger.
I just spent almost fifteen minutes trying to think of another thing to say or some way to close this post; this is the best I came up wth:

Me Toing be Doctor do Fresh Ingredients!

Assassin89
2009-03-25, 08:04 PM
Welcome Mewdo and Yardo. Some members are happy to help with your enjoyment of the playground.

geekyhedgehog
2009-03-25, 09:38 PM
Welcome one, welcome both!

as always, I will offer any assitence I can give in making your forum experience as nonfatal painless as possible. just PM (personal message) me, and I'll see what I can do!

and Mewdo, I really like you avatar-pic.

SiukiSwordsman
2009-03-25, 11:08 PM
Testing. Testing.

ThePhantom
2009-03-26, 12:30 AM
Welcome SiukiSwordsman. Have fun

dagaarn
2009-03-26, 04:27 AM
umm...ThePhantom, if you looked you will notice Siuki joined the forums before you did...

Welcome Yardo and Mewdo

V'icternus
2009-03-26, 06:27 AM
Hmm, looks like I was probably supposed to introduce myself here...

Oh, wait, I can do that now!

In fact, I think I just did.

But, allow me to elaborate. I've been a fan of OotS for a very long time, and have wasted a lot of time enjoyed all the time spent reading the comics. Now, I decided to finally join this forum, as it looked interesting, informative, and gives me an excuse to talk about the Order of the Stick, whereas other people just go "What the hell are you talking about, man? Who's Belkar?".

I have tried introducing these people to this series, but they don't have the benefit of having nothing better to do than sit around on a computer for hours, so they haven't really gotten into it (Except my brother. He's now succesfully brainwashed into beleiving OotS is the best thing ever. A net gain for team "Us"!)

So, with that said, my current Avatar done (exceedingly well) by Ceika. I hope I have it for a long time, as I only intend to change it if said character, er... dies. In which case it shall be replaced by a whatever my new character happens to be.

In case you didn't know due to lack of knowledge about D&D 4e, it's a Tiefling. A Tiefling Warlock, to be precise. Still level 1, due to a DM that doesn't know how to make a 4e encounter challenging yet. (Still, in the only 3.5 campaign I played, I was killed by a fellow party member two sessions in. So I'm not complaining about the whole "not challenging" thing just yet. Not until I know that I can kill all my other party members (I'm unaligned, I can do whatever I want so long as I get something out of it and can convince the DM that it works with my alignment)

Now would probably be a good time to note that I sometimes go on rants or long speeches that quickly become boring, as I beleive I just did. I apologise in advance. If I ever do this too repeatedly, feel free to hit be with 2D4 lightning damage to jolt me back to my senses.

So, that's my hello. Make of it what you will.

Felixaar
2009-03-26, 06:31 AM
Welcome saevita, I<3bed, Yardo, Mewdo and Siuki!

Saevita, I love your avatar.

Mewdo, if you like writing poetry, you might want to check out the Arts and Crafts forum's Iron Poet Competition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106066) - I believe we still have a spot open if you're quick.

If anyone needs any help with anything or just wants to talk to someone, feel free to PM me :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-26, 04:14 PM
Hi new peoples.

Don't be scared by Felix, he's just on a sugar rush.

V'ic, it sounds like you spotted one of the best current artists in the playground! Grongratulations on your ceikatar! While I don't venture much into the gaming forums, I hope to see you around.

Mewdo, welcome, I hope to see you in the Arts and Crafts sections(which includes pretty much anything with graphics, things that need inspiration or other stuff)

Other people, welcome!

Feel free to send me a PM if you don't get something or just want to ask something.

*hands out survival tool kits*
Also, should you venture into SMBG(you should, its the funnest place on the internet), please wait in the sitting room while some Flogging Molly plays and the llama shall be with you soon to take your soul.

Bastian
2009-03-27, 08:34 PM
Hello there everyone,
after almost two years of reading this comic, I felt it was high time to finally be part of the crew!

May Light shine on your path,

Bastian

Assassin89
2009-03-27, 08:42 PM
Welcome Bastian.
You might see me around in sections such as order of the stick and SMBGs, but feel free to explore other sections.

Archdeacon GX
2009-03-27, 10:40 PM
Bonjour, Guten Tag, Hola, Ciao, 你好, Здравствулте, こんにちは, Hello and whatever other various greetings you may all be accustomed to. In light of my multi-lingual salutations, I should note that I don't actually speak all of those languages, nor will I resort to any tongues save for English on this forum unless necessary.

Anyway, I am Archdeacon GX, or just GX to most people.

I regret to admit that I'm not very familiar with the Order of the Stick comic, but regardless, here I am. I was introduced to this 'little' -- to use the term loosely -- forum by Tyrael, although I'm not sure if he goes by another name here or not. He and I have been friends for a good while now, and I hope to find more friends here.

It is even more to my shame that I've absolutely no experience playing actual P&P D&D, my only actual D&D knowledge coming from what I've read in a few R.A. Salvatore books and learned from playing games such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights. Thus, unfortunately, my knowledge of certain things, at times, may come across as miniscule.

One last thing I can think of before ending this post: Is it alright that I've got an avatar of Rorschach, from The Watchmen? I read the rules regarding copyrighted images, but I'm not sure how this would fall in relation to that, considering it's an avatar. :smallconfused:

TheGSE
2009-03-27, 11:38 PM
Beatings and Salivations!
Or something like that.
I am the GSE (Funny story, that) and I've been reading OotS and Erfworld for some time.
I spend much of my time of late on Mythweavers, and by joining this forum hope to perform a great many wanton acts of Homebrewery.

So yeah, in summation,
Hello!
I'm Crazy?
Thanks for having me.

Harley
2009-03-28, 02:07 AM
Hi there! Long time reader of Erfworld, first time poster. My hobbies include the mandolin, cooking, and smirking at people until they feel uncomfortable!

Felixaar
2009-03-28, 02:30 AM
Don't be scared by Felix, he's just on a sugar rush.

Pfft. I'm always on a sugar rush.

Welcome, V'ic, Bastian, Arch, GSE and Harley!

V'ic, don't worry, long rambles are welcome here. Pray tell, how exactly were you killed by your other party member?

Bastian, look forward to seeing you around! Stop by Friendly Banter sometime.

GX, should be fine with Rozz as your avatar. And don't worry about lack of DnD knowledge, I don't know much either - it's certainly not a pre-requisite for these forums :smallsmile:

GSE, you must tell us this funny story. I'm curious :smallbiggrin:

Harley, I like your last hobby :smallamused: and I also like cooking. You should check out The Playground Cookbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87639), it's a topic here somewhere in Friendly Banter. Let me know if you can't find it.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-03-28, 02:33 AM
Pfft. I'm always on a sugar rush.
Yeah, but they didn't know that yet.

And welcome new members!
Don't be scared of Felix.

*hands out Welcome Kits*

Felixaar
2009-03-28, 02:37 AM
Bah! Who cares what they know and don't know. They're just here as mindless grunts to toil in the underground acid mines.

...Did I say that, or just think it? :smallconfused:

Zaknir
2009-03-28, 03:47 AM
Hi everyone, I finally registred after following OotS and your forum for a while.

I'm italian, so I'm sorry if my english won't be very correct (but I'm trying to get better:smalltongue:)

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-28, 03:53 AM
Your English is already much better then my Italian if that's any consolation.:smalltongue: I hope everything goes well for you here.

Felixaar
2009-03-28, 04:57 AM
Your english is fine, Zak :smallsmile:

Do you live in Italy?
When/why did you start to learn English?

If you'd like any help with anything, feel free to ask her or send me a Private Message - or if you just want to talk :smallsmile:

V'icternus
2009-03-28, 08:27 AM
V'ic, don't worry, long rambles are welcome here. Pray tell, how exactly were you killed by your other party member?

That depends. How familiar are you with the danger level of being a cleric with low HP after fighting a troll while the Half-Orc Barbarian who helped is still raging and the only other person in the group who could take him (Paladin) is unconcious? Because I have recently learned that not being able to run away fast enough due to heavy armour can cause you to cease to be a Half-Elf and to instead become the more obscure race of "Dungeon Wallpaper".

Of course, if the other Cleric in the party had healed me rather than hid behind me, I would still be alive. But, you know, I can't complain...
Literally, because I'm a stain on the wall, and those don't talk. (I was knocked so far into negative hitpoints I could have sworn I saw positives come back round again...)

Felixaar
2009-03-28, 09:14 AM
That entire post just made me giggle :smallbiggrin: well done.

Yana
2009-03-28, 10:10 AM
Well, I did just start reading OotS a month ago, but the urge to post got too strong. Help me! I'm a chronic forumite!

V'icternus
2009-03-28, 11:00 AM
That entire post just made me giggle :smallbiggrin: well done.

The whole story involves killing Orcs with their own weapons (or their friends heads, in one case), a DM who doesn't remember to tell me that my character has seen Giant Wolves, instead of ordinary ones, and an incident with acid that certain prisoners were not too greatful for.
Not to mention the party member that left, only to come back and stab the character that the player had replaced him with in the back, only to run off again...

Yeah, it's a long story.

Anyway, I might as well welcome Yana while I'm here. Welcome, Yana. Glad to see you're a fan that can't resist forumising.

*Note to self: Find better word to replace forumising*

And allow me to express my relative surprise that no one has called into question the origins or bizzareness of my chosen Username. (I wouldn't ask. Looooong story.)

Recaiden
2009-03-28, 11:14 AM
Welcome to all of you. I hope to see you around random banter, SMBG, and the rest of the forums. And almost all of you have great usernames, which is all I know about you so far. But welcome.

Cor1
2009-03-28, 04:35 PM
Hello.

I've been reading OOTS for the past year or so, reading the forums for a couple of weeks, so I finally registered.

I've just made my own avatar, too. Hope it displays all right. (If the art seems to suck, it's because I'm not an artist, but an apprentice wizard programmer who happens to know Illustrator.)

The avatar is female because I only play girls at RPGs. That one is my D&D Elf Wiz18/Clr3/True Necromancer 2/Dragon Knight 2 (and that last class is very, very homebrew. Gives you abilities like Dragon Disciple from can't-be-bothered-to-check-which book, but instead of turning into Half-dragon at the end, you get a dragon egg when you enter it.)

Hoping for fun and constructive conversation.

Or funny happy shiny flames.

Takarra
2009-03-29, 11:02 AM
Alright, alright. I guess I'll stop procrastinating and do my "Hi All, I'm a newbie!" post.

Oi minna! I'm Takarra. I also respond to Tak, Tk and Red (because of the hair, get it). I have yet to get into the comics on this site. I was lead here by a friend with the promise of much D&D role-playing. I have a group in RL, but I crave heavier role-playing. I play both female, male and gender confused characters. ^-~

My avatar is made by yours truly, though it's rather old. If I really like you I might just be convinced to do character portraits (usually of the anime style persuasion).

I currently have a wiggling, biting, cord chewing, probably has to pee 7 week old bloodhound in my lap, so I'm going to wrap this up before he decides to relieve himself on me. I guess I'll catch some of you on the rp forums.

EDIT: Hmm...appears the avatar isn't working. I'll have to work on that.

lleffe
2009-03-30, 02:57 PM
hi everybody!

OOTS rulez! :smallcool:

Fredthefighter
2009-03-30, 03:09 PM
A big welcome to Cor1, Takarra and lleffe. Don't be afraid of the crazy people (even if we are everywhere) we're generally a nice bunch and most of us are happy to answer any questions you have about the forums.

cycoris
2009-03-30, 07:32 PM
*hands out Welcome Kits*

You forgot teh cookies! Noooooo!

*hands out cookies and coconut*

PM me if you want a dose of madness to talk or whatever.

EDIT: I think I may have just proven Fred's point. Oh well.

Rutskarn
2009-03-30, 07:38 PM
Yeah, no worries about the sort of lunatics who cheerfully reassure new members, watch their activities on the forums, slowly learn more about their personality and life, and then hunt them down in an attempt to become that person.

No people like that here at all...Cor1, Takarra and lleffe.

Also, have a fishy stick.

geekyhedgehog
2009-03-30, 09:27 PM
*waves hi*

Hi!

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-30, 09:32 PM
Hello new people. Play the Silly Message Board Games and stop in for some Freeform Roleplaying. They're fun, and I'd like to see some new people around. :smallsmile:

Also:
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7906/fishystick2nq.jpg

Dihan
2009-03-31, 07:06 AM
I'm kind of back. I still haven't caught up on all the work but I'm not as stressed out now.

Ryrgwryr
2009-03-31, 03:59 PM
Hello evryone :)
I have been reading oots for a while and today i decided to join forums. I like fantasy, music(rock, metal mainly), dull spoons, philosophy, psychology and submarines if they are dropped on gnome (not d&d gnome, real annoying gnome). I'm also full-time professional evil prophet(even though i'm chaotic good), so if your god i can tell evryone that world is ending or something.
I like fireballs.
~Ryrgwryr Nrgrirgrn (say it out loud or it won't work)

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-31, 04:04 PM
Hi Ryrgwryr. :smallsmile:

I like oxygen, water, and food. But oxygen is part of water! My world has just been shaken up, and it will never be the same again.

Welcome to the Playground. Some of us might be crazy *whistles innocently*, but we're all basically friendly. Have a cookie and a good time.

AploGilaZach
2009-03-31, 04:38 PM
Hi all. I'm new here.

Obviously.

...so what now?

:smallbiggrin:

Assassin89
2009-03-31, 05:22 PM
Welcome AploGilaZach and Ryrgwryr. Enjoy the playground, have a fishy stick, cookie, and/or survival kit, and follow the rules.

To answer your question AGZ, try the SMBGs or any other section of the forums.

The Blackbird
2009-03-31, 05:24 PM
Hello evryone :)
I have been reading oots for a while and today i decided to join forums. I like fantasy, music(rock, metal mainly), dull spoons, philosophy, psychology and submarines if they are dropped on gnome (not d&d gnome, real annoying gnome). I'm also full-time professional evil prophet(even though i'm chaotic good), so if your god i can tell evryone that world is ending or something.
I like fireballs.
~Ryrgwryr Nrgrirgrn (say it out loud or it won't work)

Dull spoons, chaotic good, FIREBALLS

You are awesome:smallamused:

Daire
2009-03-31, 11:20 PM
hi,
I just joined today and following the suggestion of the welcome message, I am popping in to say hello!

I love reading OOTS and it's often a topic that causes much hilarity between the DM and myself in phone conversations, during games... pretty much any time really.

Just for a note - I am pretty sure Varsuvius is a He - I have always thought such anyways.

Assassin89
2009-04-01, 07:23 AM
hi,
I just joined today and following the suggestion of the welcome message, I am popping in to say hello!

I love reading OOTS and it's often a topic that causes much hilarity between the DM and myself in phone conversations, during games... pretty much any time really.

Just for a note - I am pretty sure Varsuvius is a He - I have always thought such anyways.

Welcome Daire. Like you I am also a fan of OOTS, but I have different views of V's gender and a few ideas for defining gender. Some jokes involving OOTS have also come up in some D&D games I play. I also discuss some issues of the comic with fellow students at the college I attend.

But enough banter, have a cookie or a fishy stick.

Felixaar
2009-04-01, 10:31 AM
Yeah, no worries about the sort of lunatics who cheerfully reassure new members, watch their activities on the forums, slowly learn more about their personality and life, and then hunt them down in an attempt to become that person.

By the power of grayskull! I never even thought of that last one! Thankyou, Rutskarn. You've changed my life. Or should I say... your life. Dun dun duhn!

Where was I?

Oh yeah!

Yana, the people who can help you with that aren't here... they got away somehow and the rest of us can't work it out! :smallbiggrin: welcome. I hope you have a lot of fun here.

Cor1, I'd say the second is more likely. Also, I like your avatar :smallsmile: it makes me smile for some reason.

Tak, I'm sorry, but because of that nickname I'm always going to view you as an autisitic-child posessing demon from the depths of the earth. But we shouldn't let such trifles get in the way of our friendship! I love your art. make sure to post some more on the Arts & Crafts forum, will you?

lleffe, agreed :smalbiggrin: welcome.

Ryrgwryr, so, how much do you evil prophets make? Also, I demand a phoenetic translation of your name :smallsmile: welcome!

AploGilaZach To answer your question: Someday soon, I will come for you. Could be in the morning. Could be in the middle of the night. Could be when you least expect it.... Whatever you want! If you just want to hang out and chat with a bunch of cool people, I reccomend the Random Banter thread, right here in the Friendly Banter forum. If you like doing arty stuff, or writing, make sure to stop by the Arts & Crafts forum. If you want to discuss the latest happenings in OOTS or Erf or post your latest crazy theory, both have their repsective forums. Or, if you just want to have a magical adventure in land wear llamas can and do walk among us, hang out in SMBG, where anything can happen and probably does. Let me know if you'd like a hand finding anything.

Daire, welcome to the forums! :smallsmile:

If anyone is having any trouble with anything or would simply like to have a good ol' fashioned conversation, feel free to send me a Private Message at any time :smallsmile:

Ryrgwryr
2009-04-01, 02:24 PM
A Rainy Knight Thank you, i appretiate good snack :smallbiggrin:
Blackbird97 Thx :smallsmile:
Felixaar well it depends how much gods pay you, sometimes they only pay attention. I prefer magic items though. Phoenetic transcription uh oh... Ryrgwryr Nrgrirgrn? I think it's like that... Although i'm not sure because it's really hard to me xD, you beaten me with my own stick.
Thank you all for warm welcome :smallbiggrin:
~Ryrgwryr Nrgrirgrn

Celtic8824
2009-04-01, 02:40 PM
Hello. I'm new.

I've been reading OotS for about 2 or so years, and never actually looked at the forums. I just recently got into playing PnP games, (Started playing Neverwinter Nights, moved into an RP server, and from there, decided to try PnP) and I have relied on this forum for a lot of my newbie questions. I was interested in a lot of the Play by post ideas, and hopefully, I'll be able to add something to the community!

Graymayre
2009-04-01, 02:43 PM
Welcome Celt!

*Pulls out rusty fork*

Don't worry, the initiation period is very short.

And very excruciating

Daire
2009-04-01, 05:14 PM
Welcome Daire. Like you I am also a fan of OOTS, but I have different views of V's gender and a few ideas for defining gender. Some jokes involving OOTS have also come up in some D&D games I play. I also discuss some issues of the comic with fellow students at the college I attend.

But enough banter, have a cookie or a fishy stick.

Cookie!
nomnomnom

*urp*
thanks!

-dashes off to create halfling havoc-:smallbiggrin:

VladVonCarstein
2009-04-01, 06:25 PM
Hi, I am new member of this forum, but also longtime fan of Order of the Stick. I love comics and webcomics reading, fantasy and military SF books, films and games.

Sneak
2009-04-01, 07:22 PM
A warm Sneaky welcome to Vladimir-san, Ms. Daire, Sir Celtic. and others. Halloa!

Jeebers
2009-04-01, 08:49 PM
Hello,

I just became a member. I saw all of 3 hoodies at the cafepress website, and I like 2 of them. Is there any chance that there would be more designs up on hoodies (sweatshirts with hoods)?

BTW, if I were GMing while a paladin like the one that fell in War and XP's, I would have taken her powers far earlier than Mr. Burlew did. She never once acted like a real paladin. Seemed more LN to me, at best. LG means that you look out for the good of EVERYONE, not just adhere to the letter of the law. Besides, she forgot the spirit of the law, which I think is more important than the letter of the law. As near as I can tell, the US Constitution is the same way, otherwise it would be far more detailed in presenting national law.

I always thought the best example of LG paladins was Superman, straight from the comics. I do know that, when I played a paladin in the past (I'm a GM now) one of my players said the following when I asked him what he thought of the NPC I had assigned to the party: "If we were running from a horde of demons, and my character fell, I know he'd be the only one to come back to get me." I was floored. The player knew darned well what a pack of demons would do to any PC that they got their hands on. That was one WOW of a compliment, I thought.

Sneak
2009-04-01, 08:55 PM
Hey Jeebers!

Welcome to the playground, and may I direct you to the OOTS Discussion forum? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22) I'm sure the folks over there would love a good Miko debate. :smallwink:

Enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

And this goes for all you new people. :smallsmile:

Felixaar
2009-04-01, 09:30 PM
Sneak has a funny interpretation of the word "Love". Oots fourmers hate Miko topics almost as much as CAD forumers hate "Where's Scott?" topics.

Seriously though! Welcome to all our new memberes. If you need help with anything or just want to chat feel free to send me a PM anytime.

Coplantor
2009-04-01, 11:19 PM
Lets keep this short, elegant and professional.

Welcome guys! Visit SMBG it rocks, not as much as journey rocks but it rocks anyway. Not anyway you want it though, that's journey again. Remember not to feed the playgrounders or they'll stick around you and follow you home.

Falconknight06
2009-04-02, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone.

Long time reader, first time poster. I love OOTS and all of the gaming articles posted on the site. I'm an avid gamer and president of my college's Paper and Pencil RPG club. I can't wait to become an active member of these forums!:smallbiggrin:

Griever3216
2009-04-02, 10:23 PM
Hello everyone.

I was introduced to OOTS back in strip 224 and after a while I discoved the depth of the webcomic by reading the forums. Let's just say that I have been lurking for over two years now. Man...

I have never played DnD and prior to finding this forum my knowledge was restricted to its relavance with cRPGs. So far I have only been reading the OOTS discussion board, but now that I have become a member I may explore a bit more. See you around!

Assassin89
2009-04-02, 10:28 PM
Welcome Griever3216 and Falconknight06. Feel free to visit SMBGs if you wish to participate in humorous activities, but other section might interest you.

Now have a welcome kit, cookie, coconut, or a fishy stick.

Salt_Crow
2009-04-03, 05:51 AM
An Aussie boy here :smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-03, 06:11 AM
Australian? Have this Anti-Glomp armour before Felix gets here.
Also, welcome to the playground. Have fun.

Felixaar
2009-04-03, 07:17 AM
Australian? Have this Anti-Glomp armour before Felix gets here.
Also, welcome to the playground. Have fun.

HE DIDN'T TAKE THE ARMOUR YET! I'M STILL APPLICABLE!!

*glomps Salt_Crow*

Hi! Where do yoooooou live? I live in Melbourne. Come hang with us in the Australians In The Playground Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103114).

Also, welcome to both FalconKnight and Griever.

Master Wang
2009-04-03, 05:04 PM
Greetings and salutations all you Oots freeks!

long time reader, first time poster

Repent! V is now evil, deal with it.

Falgorn
2009-04-03, 05:18 PM
Nice to meet you, Master Wang! I wouldn't suggest keeping the avatar, though. Animation is frowned upon for avvies.

Master Wang
2009-04-03, 05:30 PM
really? the sparkle on the teeth is gonna cause some rukus? grrrrrr.

I will fix../sigh

Falgorn
2009-04-03, 05:37 PM
Probably not. :smalltongue: Just wait 'till an admin worries about it. Not a whiny brat like me. :smallbiggrin:

Fostire
2009-04-03, 05:40 PM
Actually animated avatars aren't just frowned upon, they are against forum rules.

Master Wang
2009-04-03, 06:28 PM
zat better?

Bloodsand
2009-04-03, 09:52 PM
Wel... I figured this would be the place to introduce myself... so... here I am... hehe... think its enough for introdiction...

RdMarquis
2009-04-03, 09:53 PM
Hi, all.

I discovered Order of the Stick a little over a year ago, and was instantly hooked (similarly, it got me hooked on DnD. I now play a halfling rogue in 4th ed).

Instead of describing myself, I'd thought add a few quotes that I find meaningful, funny or both.

"...Resentment is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die. ...That's not mine (the saying), by the way." -Craig Ferguson

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." -The late, great Mitch Hedberg

"Alright, when you’ve created a monster who’s base instinct is “incest”, it’s time to go right the f--- back to the drawing board…"

"So, what was Billy B. going to do with his ‘precious G-Virus’ if he wasn’t giving it to Umbrella? That’s like inventing the light bulb, turning it on, and cackling over its glow in a room by yourself." -Both from the Let's Play of Resident Evil 2, by The Dark Id

Fostire
2009-04-03, 10:09 PM
zat better?

Yes, and welcome to the forum :smallsmile:.
Also if you happen to want a custom oots style avatar you can head over to the request an avatar thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589) over at arts and crafts. Alternatively you could look for someone who does avatars and send them a pm asking for one (usually those that do avatars advertise so in their signature).

Wel... I figured this would be the place to introduce myself... so... here I am... hehe... think its enough for introdiction...

Considering I didn't even do an introduction myself, I guess yours is better than mine :smalltongue:
Welcome to the playground.

Hi, all.

I discovered Order of the Stick a little over a year ago, and was instantly hooked (similarly, it got me hooked on DnD. I now play a halfling rogue in 4th ed).

Instead of describing myself, I'd thought add a few quotes that I find meaningful, funny or both.

"...Resentment is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die. ...That's not mine (the saying), by the way." -Craig Ferguson

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." -The late, great Mitch Hedberg

"Alright, when you’ve created a monster who’s base instinct is “incest”, it’s time to go right the f--- back to the drawing board…"

"So, what was Billy B. going to do with his ‘precious G-Virus’ if he wasn’t giving it to Umbrella? That’s like inventing the light bulb, turning it on, and cackling over its glow in a room by yourself." -Both from the Let's Play of Resident Evil 2, by The Dark Id

Welcome. Nice quotes by the way, loved the last one :smallbiggrin:.

Sneak
2009-04-03, 10:44 PM
Welcome one, welcome all!

And especially welcome to RdMarquis, a fellow Mitch Hedberg fan! RIP. :smallfrown:

X2
2009-04-03, 11:01 PM
Hello Bloodsand... the fact that your username was not already taken stuns me.

ArcaneSatyr
2009-04-04, 04:16 PM
Hey, I'm new here. OotS is incredible so i figured i'd join up. See you around :smallbiggrin:

A Rainy Knight
2009-04-04, 04:20 PM
Hi ArcaneSatyr. Nice to meet you. :smallsmile:

A box of food is in front of you. Do you take the:
A - cookie?
B - fishy stick?
C - sheet metal?
D - human head?

I think this should be the standard question to ask everyone. :smalltongue:

ArcaneSatyr
2009-04-04, 04:27 PM
Haha, nice. Probably the fishy stick. It sounds like it would serve a dual purpose: part wholesome snack and martial weapon :p

billtodamax
2009-04-04, 04:44 PM
Haha, nice. Probably the fishy stick. It sounds like it would serve a dual purpose: part wholesome snack and martial weapon :p

They're on to us...:smallbiggrin:
Welcome to the forum everyone, I hope you stick around.

Turstin
2009-04-05, 07:13 PM
Hey, everyone. I discovered OotS a few weeks ago, and was instantly hooked. An archive trawl that was thoroughly enjoyable and seemed a lot shorter than reading over 600 comics should have later, and I decided to join these here forums.

Since talking about myself is boring, I'll just include this one tidbit: my favourite arc so far in the comic is Durkon and the trees. The bandit camp comics had me laughing so hard, I still can't figure out where I coughed out my appendix.

Sneak
2009-04-05, 08:44 PM
Hey, everyone. I discovered OotS a few weeks ago, and was instantly hooked. An archive trawl that was thoroughly enjoyable and seemed a lot shorter than reading over 600 comics should have later, and I decided to join these here forums.

Since talking about myself is boring, I'll just include this one tidbit: my favourite arc so far in the comic is Durkon and the trees. The bandit camp comics had me laughing so hard, I still can't figure out where I coughed out my appendix.

Welcome, Turstin! Have a great time in the playground!

And...er...you wouldn't happen to need that appendix back, would you? I've already got a buyer lined up and everything, so...

...why he wants an appendix, I don't know. It may be the most useless internal organ ever.

...yeah.

My point is, welcome. :smallwink:

Enjoy your stay.

Felixaar
2009-04-06, 01:13 AM
Welcome, Master Wang, Bloodsand, RdMarguis, ArcaneSatyr, and Turstin!

Everyone have fun, play nice, and make sure to post here or send me a private message if you could use a hand or have any questions. Or just want someone to talk to :smallsmile:

Chiron
2009-04-06, 10:42 AM
Hello, I am Chiron and while I'm not new to OOTS by any stretch (I have been reading it on and off for years) this is my first time on the forums.

I've been RPing for about 10 years now, starting with Mechwarrior and then 3rd ed when it came out. I've also dabbled in GURPS, nWoD, WHFRP, and any one of a dozen systems (Feng Shui is still an all-time favourite). It helped to have an eclectic gaming group as well as the library of the university gaming society handy. I have from time to time been known to dabble in system design, but I'd by lying if I said anything really came of it.

Creatively I am a writer by trade; I wouldn't mind making a living doing just that some day, but there's a ways to go in that department (Grammar and punctuation have long been my downfall). I post (Mostly) weekly to a site I set up (see profile for link) a few pages at a time edited to the best of my available time and ability. I also keep a few campaign settings bubbling away in my head slowly coalescing into what I'd like to turn into source material.

That's plenty about me for now. See you 'round the forums.

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-06, 10:54 AM
Urge to sing Chiron Beta Prime... rising.

So, you're named after the centaur, right?

Do you practice chiromancy?

Chiron
2009-04-06, 10:57 AM

So, you're named after the centaur, right?

Do you practice chiromancy?

Yes the name is taken after the infamous centaur. The quote in my signature is also similarly themed.

Even when I was actively interested in such things I never really took to palmistry. These days I'm passionately agnostic about all things unseen and unknown.

Phase
2009-04-07, 01:39 AM

Did I say overlords? I meant protectors!

Welcome, Chiron!

Skippy
2009-04-07, 01:50 AM
Did I say overlords? I meant protectors!

Welcome, Chiron!

You know I love my soylent green...

Welcome indeed, Chiron, and Merry Christmas!

Felixaar
2009-04-07, 05:36 AM
Welcome, Chiron :smallsmile: If you need anything just let me know.

Recaiden
2009-04-07, 07:16 AM
Welcome to you all. I hope you enjoy your stay in the playground.

Dr. Roboto
2009-04-07, 05:39 PM
Hello, all. I've been reading OotS for around a year, I suppose, and Erfworld for the same. I've dabbled in D&D, but didn't stay with it.

Also, I posted in the wrong thread before. Sorry 'bout that.

Assassin89
2009-04-07, 05:45 PM
Welcome Mr. Roboto. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Please take a survival kit and one of the following:

A fishy stick
A cookie

The above also applies to Chiron.

Dr. Roboto
2009-04-08, 06:41 PM
If the fishy stick is a martial weapon, does the cookie give an AC bonus?

A Rainy Knight
2009-04-08, 07:08 PM
No, but it's guaranteed to be +4 delicious.

Welcome to the Playground, Dr. Roboto. Enjoy your time here, and I hope you leave a little happier, wiser, and crazier than you were when you came. :smallsmile:

Caffiene
2009-04-09, 01:58 AM
Well... Hi and all.

Long time listener, first time caller. Or something. Ive been reading OotS for some considerable time now (must be 3 or 4 years I reckon), and even watch the forums from time to time, but I tend to binge read so I show up every few months or so and get distracted in between times.

But Ive now gotten my act together and bookmarked the playground so I dont forget to check it regularly, and, indeed, have been checking it more regularly. So I thought Id sign up and see what all goes on around here. Then I discovered that Id already signed up sometime last year, and just logged in with that instead :D

Um... so about me. Im one of them Australianians, as I already posted in the Aussie thread. And a gamer of both the pnp and electronic kind. And this all looks like a great little cozy corner of the net.

And Ill take a fishy stick, too. But can I trade it in for a cookie if I learn how to conjure a Chocolate Chip enchantment?

[/self-conscious ramble]

Coplantor
2009-04-09, 02:50 AM
OK, seriously guys, let the newbies post! There are too many of us giving welcoming messages! We are suffocating them! we have enough love to give, but this is too much! There are far more posts of old users than from the new guys!

Mattaeu
2009-04-09, 08:43 AM
Don`t know if I would be considered a newbie, but it's been two years since I left the forum.

I'm back. And there's lots of OotS to read.

Everyone rejoice. :smallsmile:

Sneak
2009-04-09, 08:47 AM
@Mattaeu: Hey, I remember you! Welcome back!

@Copes: But...but...they need to be welcomed! D:

They...must...

...be...

...WELCOMED!!! :smallfurious:

:smalltongue:

Falgorn
2009-04-09, 09:00 AM
Hai guys! Just saying hello to all the new members, feel free to PM me with any questions, or if you just want to whine! (I do that alot.:smallsmile:)

anazopyreo
2009-04-09, 10:23 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Michael. I'm new here to the forums although I have been reading OOTS for about a year now and EW for about a month. LOVE IT! I decided to read the faqs today and saw the pbp games. I can't wait to jump in to those! So here I am. :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2009-04-09, 11:07 AM
Welcome! I hear good things about the PBP section of this website, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Lord William
2009-04-09, 12:18 PM
The forum wouldn't let me register as Will, so please forgive my pretentious username. I'm an amateur writer, fantasy/sci-fi nut, and oddball as a hobby. I'm used to a slightly more...relaxed...type of forum, so expect me to jes' watch for the most part early on, but I've been reading OOTS since about the Trial and Erfworld since it debuted on the site, so expect me to stick around.
A quick question, however. Edited sprites count as 'copyrighted material', yes? I had intended to make my avatar a mostly-custom sprite of myself, but if that's against the rules, I'll find something else.

anazopyreo
2009-04-09, 12:52 PM
Will, welcome from another newbie.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-09, 12:59 PM
That would violate the copyrights, Lord William. There's a lot of other writers here as well, so you shouldn't be stuck for company in that regard.:smallsmile:

Lord William
2009-04-09, 01:07 PM
Thank you both for the welcome, and for the clarification. I'm actually a bit embarassed to post my old stuff here; I haven't written anything out in a couple years, and I'm trying to get back into it and do some original work, but my (relatively) worthwhile old stuff boils down to: an expansive Sonic fan-character universe I built from scratch and haven't been able to get going because of revisions, an aborted written adaptation of FFVII, an odd Kingdom hearts alternate-reality fic I did for fun, and an aborted DBZ story.

Falgorn
2009-04-10, 09:06 AM
Hey new guys, hope to see you on the forums.

Tharianor
2009-04-10, 12:25 PM
Hello to all the new people!

Enzeru
2009-04-10, 08:34 PM
So my friend Alucard sent me here to meet up with him for something he's working on. Thought I'd be polite and say hello.

treeripe
2009-04-11, 01:36 AM
im new here but hey...this is a pretty nice site alot of friendly people compared to other places

Recaiden
2009-04-11, 01:44 AM
Welcome to all of you.

Felixaar
2009-04-11, 04:12 AM
Hi Everybody! Welcome to the forums!

Will, oooh, another writer? Cool! There's a lot of us around! Come hang out in the Arts & Crafts forum, and in Friendly Banter!

Enzeru Alucard is around here somewhere! If you have any trouble finding him, let us know. And don't be afraid to hang out around, too :smallsmile:

treeripe, you're right there! :smallbiggrin: this is the friendliest place on the internets.

If anyone needs anything - or just wants to talk - or could use a helping hand - or anything really - send me a Private Message, and I'll do my best to help out! :smallsmile:

Enzeru
2009-04-11, 09:54 AM
Well, seeing as how this is going to be my first experience with dnd outside of neverwinter nights I'm looking for a guide that won't completely overwhelm me. Alucard did link me to one but there is so much information >_<

Mr. Mud
2009-04-11, 09:56 AM
Excellent Newbies! Have a radical run on the forums dudes!! Party on :smallcool:!
</Wayne's World>.

No but seriously, welcome... As Flexx said, this is totally the friendliest place on the Interweb :smallamused:.

Lord William
2009-04-11, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Felix. My stuff's here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109138)

LoadedDie
2009-04-12, 04:12 PM
Well, been reading Order of the Stick for awhile now, but thought I'd register and read the forums.

So, yeah...howdy folks :)

2009-04-13, 04:33 AM
hi, im new here, if i were real this is where i would say something funny. do you eat noobs? or no? and how wary should i be of portugese geologists?