PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20

Felixaar
2009-04-13, 05:58 AM
Excellent Newbies! Have a radical run on the forums dudes!! Party on :smallcool:!
</Wayne's World>.

A don't eat any of the red rope licorice :smallamused:

LoadedDie, Welcome, man! Have fun.

742, you're not real? Well, then, I guess you don't have anything to fear from Portuguese Geologists. However, if it turns out you exist, they'll eat you alive. Oh, but we don't eat newbies :smallbiggrin: they banned that a few months ago :smallsmile:

If anyone would like any help or someone to talk to, feel free to send me a Private Message :smallsmile: or just post here!

anazopyreo
2009-04-13, 08:39 AM
Oh, but we don't eat newbies :smallbiggrin: they banned that a few months ago :smallsmile:

It's been banned?! Dang it, I just got here too!

anazopyreo
2009-04-13, 08:49 AM
Oh and welcome LoadedDie and 742!

Sneak
2009-04-13, 09:10 AM
Welcome, all new people! If you don't post frequently and become a regular, I will kill you! :smallsmile:

...that sounded much friendlier in my head. :smallconfused:

In all seriousness: welcome, and have a great time. Shoot me a PM if you need/want/desire/synonyms/pants anything.

Kazze
2009-04-13, 09:29 AM
Well, after much poking and prodding, I've finally decided to make a post. Hello everyone; I'm Kazze, and it's nice to meet you!

Let's see... More about me... I've been looking for a nice casual place to hang out when online. Something a little more broad-based with a lot of topics, and the games are enticing as well.

randman22222
2009-04-13, 09:31 AM
Well, after much poking and prodding, I've finally decided to make a post. Hello everyone; I'm Kazze, and it's nice to meet you!

Let's see... More about me... I've been looking for a nice casual place to hang out when online. Something a little more broad-based with a lot of topics, and the games are enticing as well.

Hey, look who it is! This newb we can make fun of. (Well, if you do, I'll taser you, but still.)

smartidiot
2009-04-13, 03:49 PM
Hey everyone! I've been lurking around the forums for a while now, and I decided to jump in on some of the fun.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-13, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone! I've been lurking around the forums for a while now, and I decided to jump in on some of the fun.

Congrats, glad we finally won you out of lurker-dom. I usually live over in the Arts & Crafts forums, but I'm sure you'll find a spot here.... Wherever it may be.

Mordokai
2009-04-13, 04:22 PM
Don't be afraid to poke veterans, should you need any help. Most of us don't bite too hard.

Trystane_Insane
2009-04-13, 07:47 PM
Hey. I'm a newb here.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-13, 07:55 PM
Hey all. I'm new, that's what this forum is here for.

Assassin89
2009-04-13, 08:33 PM
Welcome Trystane Insane and Tackyhillbillu.
Feel free to take a Survival Kit and one of the following:

Coconut
Cookie
Fishy Stick

If you want to see good artwork, visit the arts and crafts section. If you want fun, visit SMBGs, if you want help, ask some other members of the forum.

TheArchmage
2009-04-13, 11:15 PM
Hey hey, I'm here. Sweet, a site full of people as nerdy as me! :smallbiggrin: I think I'm gonna like this place.
I'm working on this really sweet 3.5 campaign world right now, but it's so big... I need help! If any of you veterans wants to help out a poor newbie with his overlarge homebrew, your help would garner you many virtual cookies.

Talk to you all later!

Venedlor
2009-04-14, 01:24 AM
Hello,
Im Venedlor and I am new to posting. Been lurking here for about a year and decided to take the plunge.
22 and not a big RPG player but I love the comic!

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-14, 01:30 AM
There is actually a huge worldbuilding project in the Homebrew section, Archmage. Which games systems have you tried so far, Venedlor?

Felixaar
2009-04-14, 02:30 AM
Hey, look who it is! This newb we can make fun of. (Well, if you do, I'll taser you, but still.)

Oooh, a challenge!

Welcome to all our newbies! Gimme a PM if you would like some help or feel up for a chat.

Venedlor
2009-04-14, 09:54 PM
There is actually a huge worldbuilding project in the Homebrew section, Archmage. Which games systems have you tried so far, Venedlor?

When I said that I am not a big RPG player I ment it. I have only played one online RPG and it was not WOW or EQ. That is the total expance of my playing. Looking for a good one to start out on.

cycoris
2009-04-14, 10:05 PM
*waves, hands out (cat)muffins*

...don't listen to Felix. He knows nothing, while I know everything.

PM me if you want help, candy or someone to talk to. :smallsmile:

Felixaar
2009-04-15, 03:25 AM
...don't listen to Felix.

Why does everyone keep saying that... :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

@v Again! Is there no love for a Felix? :smallsigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-15, 03:33 AM
Actually I think the Giant closed it to reduce forum stress. I think they've relocated to this forum (http://www.silasthemonk.org.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.cgi?).

Also, welcome new peoples. Don't listen to Felix. Give me your cookies and the llama your soul and you'l be fine.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have a question or such.

^ What Yvri said, *hugs*

cycoris
2009-04-15, 07:13 AM
^^*hugs Felix*

We love you! Just don't want you scaring the young 'uns is all.

Aenir
2009-04-15, 11:48 PM
Hello there

New to the Site :)

Found OOTS from the TSOALR site, then spent the next two days reading the old comics nonstop :)

I have only played D&D once, and that was a 3 hour thing, However i have played baldur's gate and other derivitave works (i think)

My Main PnP exp is from Runequest... :smallbiggrin: in which i have been cut in half by a scorpion man for trying to set a fire in a forest to get them out of it, Have Beheaded myself with my own shield, AND stabbed the archer in the back of the party while fiddiling to get my sword out

I usually play a sword and board type fighter type.

My main interests lately are WH40k and Computer games

I know i probably shouldnt ask, but when does the comic update, I put it in my favorites, but i also wanna put the normal update days so i dont check everyday and drive myself insane :)

AerisVP
2009-04-16, 05:53 PM
A big hello to you all, from an intelligent gamer!

I'm just completely up for anything. After all, if it's not new and interesting, why bother with RP at all? Also, I've got a vast repository of RPG knowledge, quotes and reserves of good-natured sarcasm. So, yeah.

A Rainy Knight
2009-04-16, 07:56 PM
Hi AerisVP! Pleased to meet you. By the way, you can't have an animated image in your sig. I hope to see you around! :smallsmile:

Hi Aenir! I also ove WH40K and computer games. That's why Dawn of War II makes me a happy, happy person. :smallbiggrin:

Zhalath
2009-04-16, 08:13 PM
Hello, gamers! I'm new here, as you may have already figured out or seen.
Love D&D, love RPing, love video games, etc.
I DM my games, mostly because my friends are somewhat incompetent at it (you ask them, they'd admit it).
And that's me. Maybe. Sure. No. Yes. Fine. 23

AerisVP
2009-04-16, 10:25 PM
Whoops, thanks for the heads up. I'll be around, and pleased to meet everyone.

ThePhantom
2009-04-17, 12:45 AM
Welcome Zhalath and AerisVP. Hope you both have a fun time.

Ambly_Rumpipe
2009-04-18, 11:45 PM
Hello my friends and fellow nerds. I finally got around to gettin an account on this site. What fun and exciting things are there to do around here?

The Blackbird
2009-04-18, 11:47 PM
Hello my friends and fellow nerds. I finally got around to gettin an account on this site. What fun and exciting things are there to do around here?

Everything:smalltongue:, and I'm insulted I am no nerd... I am a Ultra-Mega Nerd.

Welcome to the playground Ambly

Silverraptor
2009-04-19, 12:19 AM

Nerd? Me? That's preposterous! I'm a geek! There's a difference. And welcome to the playground. But stay out of the sand box.(Blue dragons like to nest there):smallwink:

zz_tophat
2009-04-19, 08:45 AM
Howdy people, been reading both OOTS and Erf for about a year now and finally decided to drop in on the forums to reply to things and whatnot.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpgTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz. (http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp)
(found the quiz in a signature on this page, i disagree as i am blue/black)

D&D is not my RPG of choice, I'm a mutants and masterminds player (well, not really I seem to be a perennial GM). I still find OOTS hilarious. OOTS was suggested to me by a friend that plays D&D (now he plays M&M as well, in my campaign muhahaha)

I also really like is The Battle for Gobwin Knob, because I am strategy game player first, a RPGer second. I'd very much to play the parson character in a game of Tide of Iron, or Fantasy General.

Anywho just sharin' my interests and sayin' hi.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-19, 08:49 AM
How different is M&M to 3.5 D&D as far as the gameplay goes? (I only play 3.5 D&D, but I'm curious about other systems as well). I think there's some Mutants and Masterminds players on this forum somewhere, but I don't think many people play it.

zz_tophat
2009-04-19, 09:27 AM
How different is M&M to 3.5 D&D as far as the gameplay goes? (I only play 3.5 D&D, but I'm curious about other systems as well). I think there's some Mutants and Masterminds players on this forum somewhere, but I don't think many people play it.

The biggest difference I think is damage, when you take a hit you roll a save (type depends on what hit you, toughness being the most common). If you fail the save you get a condition based on how much you failed, by just 1 you get bruised (-1 to further toughness saves for an hour of in game time).
If your saving throw:
Succeeds, No Effect
Fails, Bruised (-1 every time you fail regardless of how much)
Fails, by 5 or more Stunned + Bruised
Fails, by 10 or more Staggered + Stunned
Fails, by 15 or more Unconscious

Unless you are playing by lethal damage rules, in which case you get injured, not bruised and it takes a day to recover. Staggered + Stunned becomes Staggered + Stunned + Disabled and Unconscious becomes Unconscious + dying.

It seems less intuitive than D&D at first until you realize how much faster it makes the action, especially when fighting a horde of enemies.

I once ran a game in a D&D setting with D&D styled characters, it was a hoot. Ironically it reminded my of OOTS in that so much was parody (picture a bard, making a dragon laugh... to death).

HoodedCrow
2009-04-19, 11:26 AM
Hi all new here.

Anyway I finally decided to join this place after my friend kept asking me to. Now I won't tell you who s/he is cause I don't want him/her to know.:smallbiggrin:

Yeah I know i'm mean.:smallwink:

Also does anyone else get a message everynow and again when loading a page from this site that the docmunt contains no data really annoys me.:smallannoyed:

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-19, 11:42 AM
Thanks for explaining, zz. Is it possible for you to get a screen print of that, HC? I'm assuming it's down to server problems, but it doesn't sound like the screen I get when there's issues.

HoodedCrow
2009-04-19, 12:12 PM
yeah I have an image of it too big to post here but this is it on photob

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/Snababo/th_NewPicture.png

Damn thing is keeping me from posting too it's really annoying.:smallfurious:

EDIT: ok it's really really small but it says

Connection Interruped

document contains no data.
------------------------------------
The network link was interupped while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-19, 12:42 PM
That's strange. I've never seen anything like that before.(I don't know anyone else who's mentioned that either.)

HoodedCrow
2009-04-19, 12:54 PM
Yay I'm unique. I'll put it in my sig so everyone can see it and maybe someone will know what to do... thanks for trying.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-19, 12:59 PM
That's what I'm here for. :smallsmile: The Site Issues part of the forum would be a good place to ask for help as well.

Altima of the G
2009-04-19, 01:40 PM
Hey everyone! New guy here, nice to meet ya'll, and hope we get to know each other better.

[/formalities]

:smallsmile:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-19, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the playground Altima of the G. Have fun and remember, "Please do not be eaten by the playgrounders unless you are covered in barbecue sauce". :smallbiggrin:

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 07:40 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm known in the 'real world' as Will, but exmachina and exm are equally okay by me. I'm in my freshman year at UIUC and involved in the local gaming scene. I joined the GitP forums primarily to engage in PbP games; that's how I started roleplaying, so getting back to it is fun!

I'm looking forward to meeting new people and having fun. I may eventually peek into the other forums if/when I have time.

Assassin89
2009-04-19, 09:02 PM
Welcome exmachina00. Feel free to have a cookie, a fishy stick or any of the other meme-tastic fare offered by the current members.

If you are going to peek into the other forums, try to check out arts and crafts or the comic discussion threads.

greywords
2009-04-21, 05:03 AM
Hello world! I've already posted to a few of the other forums over the past few weeks but thought I might as well introduce myself anyway.

I'm Adam when I'm not online which is infrequent since I'm a software developer and computer addict.

OotS and Erfworld are currently my two favorite comics that I follow, though there are about a dozen others. I used to want to write my own but then realized how much work that would be and abandoned the notion.

LoomChild
2009-04-21, 05:21 AM
This looks like the right place to introduce myself...
I'm looking forward to participating in a PBP game, and perhaps DM one myself :smallbiggrin:

BlueWizard
2009-04-21, 06:58 AM
This looks like the right place to introduce myself...
I'm looking forward to participating in a PBP game, and perhaps DM one myself :smallbiggrin:

Good place to start.

dagaarn
2009-04-21, 07:50 AM
Welcome Loom,
this is the right place to come :smallwink:

Sanguine
2009-04-21, 11:52 PM
Hi I'm new, I enjoy the order of the stick and play D&d as often as I can.

p.s.Dragour I'm counting on you supplying me with that avatar you promised

Edit: Sorry I meant Dogmantra not Dragour I was sleepy:smallsigh:

Icicle-Flower
2009-04-22, 02:35 AM
Hi everyone! This looks interesting.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-22, 02:36 AM
Hi, Icicle. Which part looks interresting? :smalltongue:

liooil2000
2009-04-22, 03:50 PM
Hi!
(I'm new here.)

Doctor Kirre
2009-04-22, 05:17 PM
Hail! I'm Doctor Kirre! Fan of D&D, KoL, and other such fun acronyms!

The Blackbird
2009-04-22, 05:42 PM
And hail to you, welcome to the playground:smallsmile:

Ororo
2009-04-23, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm known as Ororo, Weather or Stormyweather, though a lot of people just call me Kate. I've liked Order of the Stick for a while, but fell behind a couple years ago, read the archives in about four days.

Needless to say, my brain is melting. :)

I also play a cleric in a D&D 4th edition and I was hoping to see Rich take on the new 4th edition rules, because if you look at the Bard class, they can now be pretty bad-ass.

Ororo
Insert pithy quote here.

tanithwolf
2009-04-23, 06:55 PM
Hi, I'm tanithwolf and I'm an alcoholic.
(Whoops wrong thread)

I'm a long time fan of OOTS and I've finally decided to join the forum. I'm currently playing a 4th druid with my bag of tricks (while constantly praying a rhino will come out and crush my enemies). I usually play a ranger, but he was kicked out of the party after I killed a teammate for a generous sum of gold. And yes the decision to do it was inspired by Belkar.

Assassin89
2009-04-23, 07:37 PM
Welcome Ororo and tanithwolf. Feel free to have a cookie and/or a survival kit. I only played 4th once as an 8th level Tiefling Fighter, but quickly lost interest and am continuing 3.5 ed as a cleric. My group does make jokes relating to the comic, but they are not that frequent.

Graymayre
2009-04-23, 09:02 PM
Ah Ororo and Tanith! We were looking for replacement workers. *bulls out whip* I hope you enjoy spice mining! :smalltongue:

But in all seriousness, welcome to the Playground. :smallwink:

Felixaar
2009-04-23, 09:44 PM
Hiya, new Playgrounders! If you have a burning desire to talk to someone and/or would like some help with, well, anything, be sure to send me a Private Message and we'll chat!

...Or if, you know, you're bored.

Also, if like me, you're into olde timey things, come along and check out the Playground Penpal Program in Friendly Banter.

Divine Archer
2009-04-24, 05:30 AM
Hi I'm a noobie, so just thought I'd say hello and this seems to be the best place.:smallcool:

Dogmantra
2009-04-24, 01:04 PM
Hi I'm new, I enjoy the order of the stick and play D&d as often as I can.

p.s.Dragour I'm counting on you supplying me with that avatar you promised

Edit: Sorry I meant Dogmantra not Dragour I was sleepy:smallsigh:
Hullo there Sanguine, drop me a PM with the description you'd like then :smallwink:

Also: hullo all other new members

LRR
2009-04-24, 09:34 PM
Longtime lurker, new member. With summer coming, I so need another forum to kill time on :smalltongue:
I've never played D&D and a recent skirmish with a D&D commissioner ("my character is an aberrant human with horns, a third eye, and -2 charisma") has ensured that I never will. I <3 OotS anyway, even if I don't get all of the jokes.

Felixaar
2009-04-24, 09:54 PM
Yeah, woo! Killing time! Welcome to both LRR and Divine Archer! If either of you want to chat or would like some help with anything, feel free to PM me!

Evruc
2009-04-25, 06:59 PM
A friendly hail to everyone!

yesman
2009-04-25, 08:24 PM
I'm here... I guess i enjoy playgrounds
(otherwise ai wouldn't be here)

Steppenwolf
2009-04-25, 08:28 PM
hi everbody.

Jkoshe
2009-04-25, 11:18 PM
Hello, I'm Josh. I wandered to the join the playground after months of following the comic, I quite enjoy it and hope the forums are as friendly as they look. :smallbiggrin:

ThePhantom
2009-04-25, 11:32 PM
Welcome Jkoshe and Steppenwolf. I hope you both have a good time here.

Wraithy
2009-04-26, 12:35 PM
I'm back (again), although technically I came back yesterday. I used to post on SMBG a bit, but now I'm looking for a fun pbp game that won't require too much effort.

Stormthorn
2009-04-26, 09:31 PM
Hello, I'm Josh. I wandered to the join the playground after months of following the comic, I quite enjoy it and hope the forums are as friendly as they look. :smallbiggrin:

Greetings newbie! I am a friendly internet persona who will cause you no harm. Do not listen to anyone who has been here long enough to know me.

Erebo
2009-04-27, 05:29 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm a recent fan of this website, specially "the order of the stick" comic. I'm spanish, a friend gave me the URL of this site 2 weeks ago, and I have read all the strips during those weeks (I couldn't stop, they are too good, hahahaha)

I love forums, so I decided to join this one and meet other fans of this wonderful site. So, hello everyone :) nice to meet you all!

PS: temporal avatar, I'm trying to make my own, hahaha

neo_rain
2009-04-27, 07:05 PM
Hello,

I'm here form Houston and glad to be a part of the forums

Assassin89
2009-04-27, 07:28 PM
Greetings Erebo and neo_rain. Many people in these forums are friendly.

Cookies may be distributed by certain people, but there are ineresting things throughout the forum.

SmudgeTheDwarf
2009-04-27, 10:25 PM
Hey there. My name comes from the greatest character I've ever made! He was a monk... I dont know why you all needed to know that but I guess I needed to say it!

Felixaar
2009-04-28, 02:29 AM
Do not listen to anyone who has been here long enough to know me.

This goes for me, as well.

Welcome to all our newbies!

Jkoshe, seeing as we share the same first name, I can only assume you are a handsome and charismatic person! Welcome aboard!

Erebo, oooh, spain! Welcome!

If anyone needs any help with anything, or would just like to chat, feel free to shoot me a Private Message :smallbiggrin:

Joreal_Conners
2009-04-28, 07:55 AM
Hello. I'm Joreal Conners, and I'm here in an attempt to not make myself look foolish. While it's generally believed that the best way to not make a fool of oneself is to not make the attempt in the first place, I believe that one will also deprive him/herself the chance to demonstrate great ability as an unwanted result. Therefore, I take it upon myself to start in with both feet... or is that headfirst... whatever. I'm here now, and I'd like to prematurely apologize for any and all confusion that may result from reading my posts. I tend to type at ~600 words a minute, and have little time for logic at certain points. While I will not go so far off the deep end to do things like "bouncy bouncy whoopsie knickers" unintentionally, there is the slight chance that I will start slipping into German, begin talking about Clan Battlemechs and end with a dissertation on Marx and the Bourgeoisie, or even start talking about pancakes and omelets. Speaking of which, dang could I go for an omelet right now. Cheese, onions, green peppers, bacon... I mean, I'm very glad to be here, and hope to not make an ass out of myself. Guten Morgen, Schön dich zu sehen and I am a doughnut. I mean Ich bin ein gummibär.

Wow, I just looked over the previous introductions and I think I've overstayed my welcome by a paragraph or three. Basics then, I guess. I've been known to play a Half-Elf Ranger or Human Cleric, depending on the current group need. Joreal's actually the only one who stayed with me over the years, and I'm kinda glad for that considering the Cleric was a generic pre-packaged campaign starter who died WAY too often. You'd think the group would protect the healer... Meh. I'm much better at shooting people with arrows and I'm a survival nut. 4-6 ranks worth, and I prefer Archery to Two Weapon Fighting. Mr. Bitterleaf may disagree, but considering he multiclassed into Barbarian I'm pretty satisfied with my choices.

I'm also known for my ingenuity with Use Rope, where I once convinced my DM that if anyone in the campaign was going to be able to utilize rope as a makeshift weapon in a prison, I'd be the one to pull it off. We're talking 8 ranks UR, inept bad-guy jailers who didn't account for my Con Score, and a bunch of PCs snickering to themselves as the DM now has to describe me threading the rope around the jailer's feet, bringing it back up in a surprise pindown by threading rope through the bars over their throats, and tying that same piece of rope to a medium-sized rock outside the window. "OK, the anchor-hitch is on the rock, Joreal shoves it off the ledge... the jailers begin choking. Your party starts recovering from their states of unconsciousness, and just as Janse awakens they both pass out. You might want to consider untying their feet before they both suffocate." Jor is NG, though our saving grace was that we were captured at dinner by our "allies" who started their "Now that you're incapacitated, let me tell you about our World-Destroying Plan™." That kinda put a damper in our mood. The fact that they killed the guy our Wizard had strong feelings for didn't help their cause either. Forget what V or Haley did, if anything was deserving of an Alignment change it's what SHE did that night. I'm talking almost Eldritch Abomination assistance. She actually asked the DM:

Her: "So, is it possible for me to actually Call C'Thulhu as a spell here?"
DM: "......Against my better judgment, I'm going to say no."
Her: "I know where you live."
DM: "Hence why I said 'against my better judgment'."

I'm gonna go to sleep now. Morning.

Felixaar
2009-04-28, 08:51 AM
Joreal, there was no part of that post that didn't make me giggle. Well done! Also, your omlette's sound nice.

Plus, your name is ripe for nicknames. JC, Jay Cee, Jo, Joe, Jor, Jo'Real? (as in "Fo'real?" i.e. For real?) and mildly accurate Terminator references.

Hope to see you around. If you have any questions or just feel like a chat, send me a PM.

dagaarn
2009-04-28, 12:00 PM
Oh wow, a huge welcome Joreal, can't wait to see you roleplaying or even discussing a topic. Send me a PM if you want to talk to an inferior.

edgeboy13
2009-04-28, 02:54 PM
I'm here!!!:belkar:

Joreal_Conners
2009-04-28, 03:53 PM
Plus, your name is ripe for nicknames. JC, Jay Cee, Jo, Joe, Jor, Jo'Real? (as in "Fo'real?" i.e. For real?) and mildly accurate Terminator references.

It's actually supposed to sound like Juh-Rall, though most people go straight for Jo'Real. Think of it as a middle ground of Jo'Real and Superman's father, Jo-Rel. I've actually been accused of stealing my name from Superman, but I was just short on time considering we were going to start playing in 5 minutes back in '98 and I was going "Oh God, that one sounds horrible. Raidies? Nah. Celdin? Buh. Joe? Jo... real? Juh-Rall? Juh-Rall. *shouts at DM* Whaddya think of Juh-Rall?" DM: "AWESOME! NOW GET THE PEPSI!"

I actually played a Text-Based MMO for 4 years before anyone in my Clan pulled the Jo'Real, and when I corrected them everybody said they were saying it as Jo'Real. I swear one of these days I'm going to discover a special character I can throw in there to make the Raal part more obvious. The Conners didn't come until I earned my Bloodname through superior leadership abilities showcased over many years in the clan when I earned the right to take the place of Oathmaster Sturm Conners, who left for personal reasons. Even after I left those guys, Clan Widow Maker follows me around like a shadow.

But for simplicity, most call me "Jor" when talking to me on the phone or strapped for time.

GoC
2009-04-29, 04:01 AM
Joreal_Conners: Very nice intro! Welcome!:smallsmile:

Erebo
2009-04-29, 04:30 AM
thanks everyone for the greetins :)

Erik Woodhollow
2009-04-30, 12:15 AM
Hi everybody http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/smilies/smallstick/smallsmile.gif

I'm Erik Woodhollow (named after my first 4th Edition D&D Player Character), and I'm a huuuuuuuuge fan of both D&D and The Order of the Stick (though my hometown doesn't have any D&D books or accessories for sale anywhere http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/smilies/smallstick/smallfrown.gif).

Daschnaya
2009-05-01, 01:06 AM
Hi there!
I've finally made up my mind and registered after a long time of reading Order of the Stick and lurking.
Being a new kid in town (or forumland) is awkward, but I hope I can adjust quickly.

I'm afraid that most of my D&D knowledge has been taken from my friends and D&D-based computer games, because I've never actually played a tabletop game with dice and everything. Doesn't mean I don't want to, though.

I like to write, draw, play games, read, and roleplay. I desperately need a life (but I can't find anywhere to buy one!) and I hope to be a positive, friendly part of this great community!

mercurymaline
2009-05-01, 01:16 AM
Hola, senorita. Now what on G*s green earth are you doing awake at this hour?

shadzar
2009-05-02, 12:30 AM
:belkar: Hello. There I said it like it told me to, now I am going to go search for a thread that may detail the amount of XP for killing a "4th wall". :smallbiggrin:

Denied
2009-05-03, 06:15 AM
Yeah.

I'm here.

... underlings.

:smallwink:

Assassin89
2009-05-03, 08:51 AM
Welcome Denied and shadzar.

The amount of XP for killing a "4th wall" is equal to a CR 1/2 encounter.

You will find no underling here, but there are many people who are willing to help with any questions you might have.

Xcentrikz
2009-05-03, 09:29 AM
Hi everybody! I'm NJ, been reading OOTS for a couple years.
Love your avatar, DD cookie monster!
haha

El_Sueco
2009-05-03, 12:26 PM
I've been on for a while now, but for the first post, this is just the place. Hi all!:smallbiggrin:

shadzar
2009-05-03, 02:07 PM
The amount of XP for killing a "4th wall" is equal to a CR 1/2 encounter.

:smalleek: I don't even know what that means, but I thought it would be more than that if a (The) Giant can do it so often and still get large amounts of XP for it. ;)

Felixaar
2009-05-04, 01:55 AM
Hey, new people!

Daschnaya, welcome! You seem really cool. Whereabouts do you come from? Also, if you like to write, you might consider joining the Iron Author contest in Arts & Crafts. Give me a yell if you need help finding it.

Denied future underlings.

Xcentrikz, hi! Just so you know, animated banners in signatures are strictly prohibited by the rules and can earn you an infraction, so you should take yours out asap.

If anyone would like a help or has questions or just wants to chat, feel free to PM me :smallsmile:

Changeling Soul
2009-05-04, 03:58 AM
*Looks shifty*
<.<
>.>
Hello?

Quincunx
2009-05-04, 04:29 PM
Xcentrikz, get me some Tastykakes and you'll have my unwavering gratitude for months, perhaps years. The rest of you, please provide pastry treats from your points of origin and I'll consider it. Now, where I'm at I can get anything you want, provided anything you want has the thin texture of an excessively yeasty donut, has been split in half, and stuffed with whipped cream and a splash of red jam. I can get that in just about any shape. Other pastries, not so much.

Lufos
2009-05-05, 11:26 AM
greetings. im glad to meet you all^^

Fredthefighter
2009-05-05, 11:36 AM
Greetings Lufos, welcome to the playground. :smallsmile: It's nice to meet you as well.

Lord Orcus
2009-05-05, 09:49 PM
Hi I'm new here, just thought I should post on here to let all of you know I'm here.

Phase
2009-05-06, 08:30 PM
Welcome, Orcus, Lufos, Changeling, et al!

Make yourselves at home, don't break anything without a decent threat beforehand.

DabblerWizard
2009-05-06, 08:58 PM
Hi. I'm also new here. *Looks around*

I've been reading the OOTS comic for over a year now, and I've come to rather enjoy it. I decided to join the forums because things seem pretty fun here, and I'd enjoy occasionally putting in my two cents.

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-07, 02:43 AM
There should be plenty of opportunities for putting your 2 cents in as long as you like alignment, Miko, V's gender and MitD identity discussions. :smalltongue: Being serious, I hope you enjoy yourself here.:smallsmile:

dagaarn
2009-05-07, 04:48 AM
Hey, welcome all you new faces, hope you find a home somewhere in this forum. Lufos, I can't help but notice you joined in 2005, but are only saying hi now?

Y'nokhs
2009-05-09, 12:33 PM
Greetings, fellow internet beings,
Long have I lurked in the shadows, plotting and scheming. Long have I monitored this "Order of the Stick," waiting and watching. Now my time is it hand! Muhahaha!

So, yeah...um, hello?

ThePhantom
2009-05-09, 01:01 PM
Welcome Y'nokhs. I hope you have fun.

Zephyrwind
2009-05-09, 01:40 PM
And a hello from me too! :smallbiggrin:

arpin
2009-05-10, 05:25 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmm............Hello

Fredthefighter
2009-05-10, 02:47 PM
Welcome Zephyrwind and Arpin, I hope you have a great time here in the playground. Don't try to avoid the crazy people..... *whispers* because we're everywhere. *whispers* :smallbiggrin:

Jardar
2009-05-10, 03:04 PM
Hello! Been reading OotS three times now, and I've just started with D&D Pen and paper... So I figured I should just register now, so I can irritate the older members with questions from a youngling regarding the core rules :)

Fredthefighter
2009-05-10, 03:07 PM
Welcome to the playground Jardar *Insert witty comment here*.
Have fun.

yelyah ze grand
2009-05-11, 03:39 AM
Hi! I've been reading OOTS for several months, but, like many, didn't notice the forum until a few weeks ago. SInce then I've been lurking here pretty regularly, so I figured I should join.

What is OOTS? tell me of this business kind sir.

Catspaw
2009-05-11, 09:59 AM
Hello to fellow OotS Fans!:smalltongue:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-11, 05:25 PM
What is OOTS?
Sarcasm is hard to detect in text, so here. :smalltongue:
Linkified (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html)

Welcome to the fold you two. Don't bother trying to escape, the exits have been sealed.

Crimmy
2009-05-11, 05:42 PM

Be welkum, me lad!

Ted The Bug
2009-05-11, 10:03 PM
I've had this account for a few years, but this is the first time I've gotten involved in the forum. So hi everyone!

jogiff
2009-05-12, 02:01 AM
Hello, this is jogiff. I'm new here. I like OotS and Erfworld. I haven't ever played D&D, but I'm interested.

ColonelFuster
2009-05-12, 02:57 AM
I've been gone for too long.

It's good to be back at the playground.

Shalom.

Cadoc
2009-05-12, 07:01 AM
Hello there ^^. I've been lurking around and reading OotS for a good while now, and finally got tempted to register.

Delanci
2009-05-12, 11:04 AM
A friend turned me on to OotS some time ago and I fell in love with it!
I figured it was time to stop lurking.
Thanx Professor Funk and hello everyone! Luv, Del

Damian Jade
2009-05-12, 09:52 PM
Completely missed this when I started here, so belated, hello one and all.:smallwink:

ThePhantom
2009-05-12, 10:01 PM
Welcome new members. I wish you all to have a fun time here, in the playground.

tonio_d_monio
2009-05-13, 04:34 AM
Hello guys! Fairly new here... I'll try not to step on anyone's toes (well up until i know them well enough :smallbiggrin:).

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-13, 04:35 AM
Hi. How would you step on people's toes exactly, tonio?

Garou
2009-05-13, 08:45 AM
Hello! I´m a Spanish guy from Canary Islands (Spain) just wanted to introduce myself.
Greetings to everyone, roleplayers of the unknown virtual universe http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/smilies/smallstick/smallmad.gif

MagMagus
2009-05-14, 08:20 PM
My join date might be old, but this time I'm really going to make an effort to stay on these forums.

BAAT
2009-05-15, 05:15 AM
I’m another one of those DnD freaks, that read the Order Of The Stick since strip #1 put I have just today decided to join the forums community

So hello from another one heroic fantasy reader / player / every day hero

FractalSphere
2009-05-15, 12:09 PM
I am in shock that I have not signed up for these forums before. :smallannoyed:

Been a long time follower of OOTS, and have even played the table-top version!

HarmlessPenguin
2009-05-15, 01:11 PM
Hello again. Not quite a new member, but I did drop off the face of the boards rather quickly after appearing the first time, hopefully this time I'll stick around longer as there does seem to be a plethora of cool and interesting people on here :smallsmile:

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-16, 02:37 AM
I think I vaugly remember your avatar, Harmless. Is everything okay regarding why you left before?

Herobizkit
2009-05-16, 02:24 PM
Greetings! I've been posting over at EnWorld for several years under this same nick. Hope to enjoy the witty banter and such. :smallsmile:

SinisterPenguin
2009-05-16, 02:51 PM
Hello again. Not quite a new member, but I did drop off the face of the boards rather quickly after appearing the first time, hopefully this time I'll stick around longer as there does seem to be a plethora of cool and interesting people on here :smallsmile:

Yay! Another penguin! Welcome back.

You might want to know that Serpentine said I could use your avatar and I had it in my sig for a while, but when I saw you had come back I removed it. Just so you know.

Also, welcome, Herobizkit.

Gauntlet
2009-05-16, 05:15 PM
Greetings, ladies, gentlemen and otherwise.
I've been lurking on the boards for maybe a year now, reading OOTS and Erf for the same- finally decided to disengage lurk mode and contribute rather than leeching (fun as that is). Hope to remain around long enough to appear interesting.

theboredone
2009-05-16, 09:01 PM
Hello im new to the forums and like most everyone here I like order of the stick

Silent Ninja
2009-05-16, 11:54 PM
Hello, I'm Silent Ninja. I'm a long time reader of OOTS. I obviously like webcomics and D&D.

Niezck
2009-05-17, 03:56 AM
Hey everybody, I'm Niezck, been reading OOTS for quite some time now. Also, fairly recently, I started lurking the PbP forums, probably gonna give one a try sometime soon.

Rapidwhirl
2009-05-17, 08:55 PM
I don't really have much to say about myself, at least until asked. Ask away, I'm generally a friendly and likable person.

Please note that questions which are too personal will answered with gunfire.

Recaiden
2009-05-17, 08:59 PM
Welcome to all of you.

@^: What kind of guns?

Rapidwhirl
2009-05-17, 09:19 PM
A shiny one, held with both hands.

Saintheart
2009-05-17, 10:45 PM
Greetings all; I've been lurking the forums for quite some time now, and I finally decided to bite the bullet and join up! :smallsmile:

GoC
2009-05-18, 06:51 AM
Welcome Saintheart!:smallbiggrin:

We really need more welcomers in this thread...

mrmcmingle
2009-05-18, 09:31 AM
hello everyone, mcmingle here, long time reader, first time poster
still sort of new at dnd and signed up to look for some Play by post games :smallsmile:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-18, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the Playground McMingle, make sure to keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times.

Recaiden
2009-05-18, 05:23 PM
Hello McMingle. Good to have you.

HarmlessPenguin
2009-05-18, 08:21 PM
Yay! Another penguin! Welcome back.

You might want to know that Serpentine said I could use your avatar and I had it in my sig for a while, but when I saw you had come back I removed it. Just so you know.

Also, welcome, Herobizkit.

Ahh, sorry for pop'ing back unannounced and all then =P And I'm quite fine and more importantly back in the country so things should settle to a semblence of normalcy for me any moment now...

ShaydenPanda
2009-05-18, 08:23 PM
Hi there. I'm ShaydenPanda, long time reader of OOTS, but first time poster.
I like to do things.
I like to eat other things.
And I like to do stuff.
Stuff including Dungeons and Dragons. Preferably with a Vow of Poverty, a Halfling, and a Monk.

SirGre
2009-05-18, 08:42 PM
I might as well say hi, then.

Hi, then.
:smallamused:

Sybille
2009-05-19, 09:00 AM
HI there !

Sometimes I think...I think I just got the hang of typing with this strange thing called "plate keyboard"...
man I really don´t know anything about this technology stuff...

I just wanted to say hello to all people, midgets, elfs, halflings and other creatures out there !
Take good care of me :smallredface:

Kim
2009-05-19, 11:33 AM
It's been a while since I did D&D-related stuff, but this comic's enjoyable enough without the information and the forum's good enough to register for.

So -- hi, everybody! </Dr. Nick voice>

Coplantor
2009-05-19, 12:15 PM
Hello lovely newcomers, I hope you all brought your pink sombrero and your automated chocolate flavoured radiator for the initiation!

Jacklu
2009-05-19, 09:39 PM
Not really new, but I think I am going to try to return to the boards again. So... Hey everyone!

Sneak
2009-05-19, 09:42 PM
Welcome back (again), Jacklu. :smallsmile:

(You're one of the returning people that I actually remember. :smalltongue:)

And welcome to all you new folks, too! Shoot me a PM (private message) if you have a question, need anything, or just want to talk.

SohumB
2009-05-20, 04:44 AM
'Ello.

Been lurking for a while, very impressed with both Erf and OOTS' storytelling capabilities. Thought I'd finally join up!

I warn you, though, I'm a Serial TV Tropes Quoter.

SuperPluck
2009-05-20, 11:15 AM
Wel.. Hello! (we're supposed to say that, are we?)

I'm really new to this stuff. Just finished reading OOTS and Erfworld.

I'm also not that good in the english language, so i apologize for any mistakes i'll make.

TheDarkServant
2009-05-20, 03:00 PM
Hello, I am TDS. I have been reading Order of the Stick for a while now, but just figured i'd sign up to the forums, for a laugh. :smallsmile:

SeptAngel
2009-05-20, 08:39 PM
*Peeks nervously into new forum*
Hi all, I'm actually from Enupnion but got encouraged to come over here and check out things.

Jacklu
2009-05-20, 08:42 PM
Hi new peoples, have fun.

SEPTANGEL!!!!

*glomps*

SeptAngel
2009-05-20, 08:56 PM
*Snuggles Jacklu* Hi buddy!

cycoris
2009-05-20, 09:01 PM
'Ello.

I warn you, though, I'm a Serial TV Tropes Quoter.

Don't worry, we like TV Tropes here. A lot.

Wel.. Hello! (we're supposed to say that, are we?)

I'm also not that good in the english language, so i apologize for any mistakes i'll make.

Hello! And mistakes are fine, as long as you don't mind in depth discussions of the various linguistic elements involved. I warn you, as I'm notorious for it.

Hello, I am TDS. :smallsmile:

Hi! And I will try to remember the "The".:smalltongue:

*waves in a vaguely welcoming manner*

-------------

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

All uninitiated members must bring tulle and silly string to the initiation ceremony.

Recaiden
2009-05-20, 09:04 PM
Welcome all you new people. I'm glad to see you here.

Sneak
2009-05-20, 10:29 PM
Hi all, I'm actually from Enupnion but got encouraged to come over here and check out things.

Hey. Welcome. :smallsmile:

Tell everyone over there that Sneak says hi. The older members should remember me, at least. :smalltongue:

And welcome to everyone else as well!

Coplantor
2009-05-20, 11:01 PM
Hi new guys, welcome back jack. Though compared to you I'm still a newbie.

Jacklu
2009-05-20, 11:04 PM
Older member is a relative term. =p Also, Sneak, us old fogies remember you just fine. Well... When we can remember anything at all... It gets hard being old and all. =p

Druss
2009-05-21, 06:05 AM
SPOOOOOONNNN!!

Ahem :smallredface:

Sorry about that. Got some flasbacks of "The Tick" from reading Jacklu's signature (great quote by the way :smallsmile:)

So, lets try that again. Hi, names Druss, long time reader of OOTS. Not much for posting, but I aim to stick my head in around these parts at least once a week, preferably when you least suspect it :smallbiggrin:

mercurymaline
2009-05-21, 08:30 AM
Hm. Tick reference, check.
LFG avatar, groovy.

Something's missing...
*slapswithfish*
There we go.

Welcome!

TwoBitWriter
2009-05-21, 05:43 PM

*waves*

Hi there, stranger! :smallamused:

Blackjackg
2009-05-22, 10:01 AM
I'm new! Wow!

I'm a long-time reader of OOTS (fun trivia: the first OOTS comic I read was the one with the shadowdancer who never realized there are no shadows, as it had been linked to from the Nodwick website). I've been popping in and out of the forums lately because there seems to be more 3.x action here than on the WotC forums. Finally decided to join in order to throw in my two cents into the debate going on in the "Scry-and-die tactics" thread, but lost my nerve at the last minute. There's some powerful feuding going on in there right now.

I've been playing D&D on and off for about twenty years, since I was in single-digits (More fun trivia: I've actually played "Keep on the Borderlands!" Holy Moly!) Played and DMed through 1st and 2nd editions, and I'm currently hovering around 3.5. I'm not particularly impressed by what I've seen of 4th edition, and am more likely to cross the cafeteria and go hang out with the goth kids at the White Wolf table than to update again.

I know a fair bit about the rules, but I'm not great at generating my own (I come up with great ideas, I just don't have the skill with numbers necessary to balance things). I'm a courteous poster, very respectful and never trollish. I almost always write in complete sentences and very rarely type "there" when I mean "their." I have never typed "rouge" when I meant "rogue." Hopefully, I won't be too great a pain to have around the forum. Look forward to foruming with you all!

(Final fun trivia: I chose the red wizard avatar because he reminds me of one of my favorite characters: Calledor Mondo III, a generalist 2nd ed mage with daddy AND granddaddy issues. Fun times.)

Tyg
2009-05-22, 10:26 AM
Greetings, forumites.

I just joined the forum, but I've been lurking around for some time. OOTS and Erfworld kept me checking back regularly, and thus checking the forum now and then.

I've been at least an on-and-off D&D player for a long time (relatively speaking), but really only got particularly interested when I was with a good group back in high school. Sadly, college and life broke it up, so I'm only getting back into gaming recently.

See you around.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2009-05-22, 03:26 PM
Hi...Ummm...I'm new here, and saw this thread, so I thought I come and say hi, which I did. Now this post seems silly to me. :smallredface:

*flees*

Quincunx
2009-05-22, 05:27 PM
(rests head in hand)

Bor. . .You know the label on your pill bottle. . .the one that says "side effects may include short-term memory loss"? . . .the pill bottle, Bor. . .

(from this point forward, the one-sided conversation bears enough similarity to the Hot Line call in Dr. Strangelove not to bear repeating--so I'll just hand mercurymaline a fish loaded with lead sinkers and head out again)

ArmyFox
2009-05-23, 02:06 AM
So ya I am new to forums and i want to say hi and thanks for the web comics that make this tour go by that much easier.

jamminjelly
2009-05-23, 03:11 AM
Hello I am new to this forum. I figured an introduction would be appropriate.

I have been reading OoTS since it has been in the early 200's and loved it. I have always understood the majority of D&D jokes and references but I never played until 4e came out. I liked it as a simple system to play/run but thought it lacked depth in character customization. I have been playing and enjoying Pathfinder as of late. I have also played a little bit of 2nd edition, Hollow Earth, and the Star Wars D6.

I have just volunteered to DM a 4e game, which is part of the reason I got an account here. I want to create the best experience for both the players and me.

RWB
2009-05-23, 07:19 AM
Hello, here comes a new guy. ^^

Rapidwhirl
2009-05-23, 09:11 AM
Welcome, RWB.

If I may ask, who is in your avatar, and why isn't s/he amused?

knighttp01
2009-05-23, 10:44 AM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but what one might call a forum veteran of Ferion forums, where I have migrated from due to a lack of RPG activity, hadnt played the game in years. Only recently discovered OOTS due to my housemate getting the books, but now i see why him and an old school friend rave about it.

Knight ;)

King
2009-05-23, 04:50 PM
Hey guys!
This place is pretty roomy! *moves elbows*.
I think ima gonna like it here.

Recaiden
2009-05-23, 05:20 PM
Hello to you new members. Glad to have you.
Don't be afraid to post, make sure you know the rules, and don't feed the llamas. Please enjoy your stay. Not that it'll ever end...
It actually just got roomier here very recently.

Night Monkey
2009-05-23, 06:54 PM
Greetings. I've been following OOTS for years, but have only just decided to brave these forums. I primarily like D&D (any ed), as well as Shadowrun, Serenity and WHFRP.

James Lu
2009-05-23, 07:53 PM
Hello, I've been reading the oots for quite some time now so I thought I'd join the forum.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-23, 08:15 PM
Nice to see some FRESH BLOOD new smiling faces here in the playground :smallamused:.

Dogmantra
2009-05-23, 08:44 PM
Hullo all.

Hope you'll stick around and all that.

Most of us don't bite, but there's this one dude who calls himself "The Giant"... stay away. Posts like he owns the place! :smallwink:

well I thought it was funny...

mindsword
2009-05-23, 10:11 PM
hello.

Yeah, just started reading um, little less than half a year ago now. Got introduced by a friend at college. Saw the forums and made a name so I can post if needed. Got to be able to put my two cents in, you know?

played dnd for about a year. first six monthes as a wizard, next six as a DM.

Yeah my group was desperate.

Reguardless, love the comic. Now to go read more in forums.

Recaiden
2009-05-23, 10:24 PM
Welcome to all of you.

Scottbot
2009-05-24, 02:36 PM
Hi I'm new and it is my understanding that I make my first post here so that is what I'm doing

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-24, 04:33 PM
Well you don't have to, but you might as well. Welcome to the fold. :smalltongue:

@V Welcome as well, but just so you know, there's no escape from this point on.

Elven_Warrior
2009-05-24, 08:07 PM
Hey I'm new!

Optipessimist
2009-05-25, 05:11 AM
Heya. I've been reading the comics and lurking about for quite some time now, and I reckon it's probably time to step out of the shadows and say hello, especially since I've recently discovered the power of vector art, and I've started designing some avatars :smallsmile:.

billtodamax
2009-05-25, 05:30 AM
Welcome to new members, I hope you enjoy your stay. Here, have some fish sticks and some cookies, along with a survival kit. It has plastic cookies to throw at the older members for distraction purposes, and a muffin. Muffins for the muffin god! Probably some useful stuff as well.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-25, 05:37 AM
Heya. I've been reading the comics and lurking about for quite some time now, and I reckon it's probably time to step out of the shadows and say hello, especially since I've recently discovered the power of vector art, and I've started designing some avatars :smallsmile:.

Oooh! Shiny! I like your avatar.

Optipessimist
2009-05-25, 05:46 AM
Thanks :) I like yours too :) Guns are always a good thing... :p

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-25, 06:01 AM
"You can never have enough gun."

-KR

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/KR.png

RWB
2009-05-25, 06:28 AM
Welcome, RWB.

If I may ask, who is in your avatar, and why isn't s/he amused?

It's this fellow from Fire Emblem:

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Soren

And he's always grumpy, so...

Dogmantra
2009-05-25, 06:28 AM
Back in my day, we used paint, and we liked it!

Hullo there.

Optipessimist
2009-05-25, 07:38 AM
Don't get me wrong... I loved Paint, and still do. Before vectoring, the pixel was the way.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-25, 08:09 AM
It still is. I don't use Inkscape. Could never wrap my brain around the interface.

Nameless
2009-05-25, 08:43 AM
Greetings to all newbies!
I am to take you to a happy place! *sharpens scythe*

Recaiden
2009-05-25, 09:08 AM
Don't get me wrong... I loved Paint, and still do. Before vectoring, the pixel was the way.

But MS Paint has never been the way. Anyway, welcome, and don't mind Nameless trying to kill you.

FerhagoRosewood
2009-05-25, 06:33 PM
Hello. I'm new. Hope to be a good addition to the board. But I'll settle for being a decent to "okay" one.

>.>;

billtodamax
2009-05-26, 12:09 AM
Rose? You have a pirate avatar. You are already an awesome one! *high-five*

FerhagoRosewood
2009-05-26, 12:25 AM
*high-fives back*

Yay!

Allan Surgite
2009-05-26, 07:13 AM
Hello to everyone who reads this thread, I guess. I hope to be welcomed here and so on/so forth. Any other British people here~?

And I like posting in orchid, if you couldn't tell. There doesn't seem to be a rule against it, so...

Kouran
2009-05-26, 11:26 AM
Dutch person reporting:
Hello everyone, I'm Kouran.

Nameless
2009-05-26, 12:27 PM
Hello to everyone who reads this thread, I guess. I hope to be welcomed here and so on/so forth. Any other British people here~?

And I like posting in orchid, if you couldn't tell. There doesn't seem to be a rule against it, so...

Dutch person reporting:
Hello everyone, I'm Kouran.

Follow the Reaper. :smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-26, 12:59 PM

You'll find that there are so many British people here, we don't know what to do with them.

I am not, unfortunately. But there are tons.
>>

Nameless
2009-05-26, 01:01 PM
You'll find that there are so many British people here, we don't know what to do with them.

>>

BRITAIN! :smallcool:

Castaras
2009-05-26, 01:15 PM

>>

Tons and tons and tons of us. For instance, you'll find a small percentage of them in the UKitp RL meetup thread. :smalltongue:

Trolltaire
2009-05-27, 08:08 AM
Hello, everyone. I'm a longtime fan of Order of the Stick so I decided to just go ahead and become a member.

Jacklu
2009-05-27, 12:24 PM
Welcome! Make yourself at home!

@V Welcome to you as well!

ChelArmgo
2009-05-27, 01:17 PM
Throm-Ka! Suilad! Xal Lolth sanwttdd pholor dos! And Greetings! I am an avid role player and I fell in love with your board. I really enjoy how open and welcoming the board members seem to be. I look forward to future conversations and debates. And knowing the gaming community as a whole, there will be plenty of both. :smallbiggrin:

May the mistress of darkness smile upon you,
Chelendra Barrison Del'Armgo

blackouttwo
2009-05-27, 05:02 PM
I LIVE!

For those of you that are familiar with that one guy, blackout, I'm him, attempting to get his old account back up and running...soon as the admins reply to some of my PMs. :smallredface:

Anyways, yeah, I live. Whoo!

SithLordYoda
2009-05-27, 09:44 PM
Amazing conversation, cool comics, to join I decided!

Rutskarn
2009-05-27, 10:11 PM
Greets to the all newbies.

Uh, this hasn't been made official, but there's a few new rules on this forum, handed down from the moderator administrator giant monk sages that run this forum. Let me show you the new rules.

Don't let their crayon-scrawled-over-white-out nature detract from their authority. These rules are quite serious.

All new posters owe a "debt of servitude" to older posters. This involves, but is not limited to: doing chores, maintaining avatars, agreeing with older posters on all issues, forfeiting 10% of salary, etc.
New posters are required to make reference, in their signatures, to how stupid and ugly their face is.
New posters are required to read Chocolate Hammer.
New posters must not bogart Rutskarn's cheesy chips.

That seems to be it. Oh--and welcome to the forums.

Raistlin1040
2009-05-27, 11:56 PM
*Looks at his join date* *Looks at Rutskarn's* Pledge Rutskarn, go get me some pizza. From Italy, not some crappy faux Italian restaurant.

talanhawke
2009-05-28, 02:59 AM
Hello everyone. OOTS is an awesome webcomic, and has greatly influenced my group's D&D playing style. I don't know why it took me this long to join the forum.
Anyway, I'm here now. :smallbiggrin:

Elm11
2009-05-28, 07:50 AM
G'day, and welcome to the playground. If some of us seem slightly insane, it's because we are. and never, never take close heed to anything said by Collin152, he scares me so, very, very much... :smallwink:

But joking aside, where are you from? :smallsmile:

Estanov
2009-05-28, 10:55 AM
Greetings and Salutations.

I am Alexander Estanov, Supreme ruler of the realms of Margiah and creator of over a million lifeforms. All shall point at me and laugh!

Hey, I'm new, and I'm not. I am a refugee from the now dead ferion rpg forums and are here for only three purposes!

1. To drive you all completely and utterly insane with every inch of creative madness I can stamp out.

2. To have a place where I can actually give my opinions on something, it gets very lonely here in the twisting nether:smallfrown:.

3. To enjoy roleplay and discussions i guess? Ow, and to read chocolate hammer.

Live long and be nice to your dm, he decides the challenge ratings.

Nameless
2009-05-28, 11:07 AM

I am Alexander Estanov, Supreme ruler of the realms of Margiah and creator of over a million lifeforms. All shall point at me and laugh!

Hey, I'm new, and I'm not. I am a refugee from the now dead ferion rpg forums and are here for only three purposes!

1. To drive you all completely and utterly insane with every inch of creative madness I can stamp out.

2. To have a place where I can actually give my opinions on something, it gets very lonely here in the twisting nether:smallfrown:.

Hey. :smallsmile:
*gives a cookie*

Jacklu
2009-05-28, 11:26 AM
Well, Estanov, I think you will find number one to be rather difficult. For that same reason you might find it difficult to get a fish wet. Namely, it is already done. If you want a challenge, I would say to try driving us back towards sanity. Though that would be a tough and loosing battle. Like playing tetris. Sure you can stack those pieces and clear rows, but they are only going to keep falling. And the better you do, the faster they come at you. Well, good luck with that. And keep away from a guy called Jacklu. He craaaaaaaaaazy. *twitch*

knighttp01
2009-05-28, 11:52 AM
Yo Esta, good to see another face from Ferion here, dont worry, if we drag Rogue and unzath across we can drive them so insane they'll become sane again

Coplantor
2009-05-28, 11:58 AM

Madness you say? Wich kind?

Renaldo
2009-05-28, 12:59 PM
Hello, I am Renaldo, and after hearing about Order of the Stick from a wiki forum for Oblivion, I just had to come here. I really got into Order of the Stick and don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon, so here I am and it is good to be here!

Dogmantra
2009-05-28, 01:09 PM
Hullo there Renaldo.
Nice to see I've got what... 5 people from UESP into Order of the Stick now?

Rysmarin
2009-05-28, 02:10 PM
Hail and a hearty greeting to all of you. I am Rysmarin, and I hope we have some great adventures in the dungeons under this playground. Even if they happen to involve the thumb screws. And I hate the thumb screws. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2009-05-28, 02:12 PM
Welcome, all! It's always good to see some new faces on the boards. :smallsmile:

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-28, 02:12 PM
Hi. You may be interrested in a game which can be found in the Structured Games section called The Dungeon. Mr. Edward Nigma is running it and it's using a homebrew rules light system. You need the Play By Post section if you're interrested in D&D or other systems which have been published.

Borwyn
2009-05-28, 09:17 PM
Hello Ladies! (and you others as well)

I am Borwyn and I have come to revel with you all! (at once, if at all possible)

BlueWizard
2009-05-28, 09:18 PM
Welcome. :smallcool:

Blue the Thief
2009-05-28, 10:47 PM
Greetings! I am the one and only: Blue the Thief! Oblivion and Icewind Dale Player, and Assassins Creed fanboy! :smalltongue:

(In other words, Slight DnD fan, and extreme crazy:smallwink:)

Recaiden
2009-05-28, 10:58 PM
It's good to have you. Welcome to the playground.

Dogmantra
2009-05-29, 07:28 AM
Hullo there blue!
Enjoy it here.

Nameless
2009-05-29, 09:03 AM
Greetings! I am the one and only: Blue the Thief! Oblivion and Icewind Dale Player, and Assassins Creed fanboy! :smalltongue:

(In other words, Slight DnD fan, and extreme crazy:smallwink:)

Assassins Creed ftw! (yay Assassins Crees II)

Vicerious
2009-05-29, 09:05 AM
Greetings and well met! I am known as Vicerious (Vice to my friends :smallsmile:), and have traveled far and wide across the myriad wastes of the 'Net to arrive here. Hopefully, I've found a place to cease my wanderings. In particular, I'm hoping to find some good PbP RPs to get into - it's been a long time since I've played in a good one (or a bad one, for that matter; I hope I'm not too rusty).

See you on the flip side!

Nick II
2009-05-29, 01:00 PM
Hello! I am Nick II. 'Cause First ain't enough, and three is way to many.
So yeah, it's Nick II.

And hi Dogmantra and Blue the Thief :)
Totally didn't expect to see you here >_>

Oh, and Blue? Why is your gender set as malehttp://the-cactus.com/images/public/sure.png?

Dogmantra
2009-05-29, 02:20 PM
Hello there, both person I know, Nick II, and person I don't, Vicerious. Hope you'll enjoy it here.

Naryzhud
2009-05-29, 02:51 PM
Hello everyone, just came across OOTS and enjoyed the entire archive in the past couple of days, so figured i'd come say hi!

Erts
2009-05-29, 05:19 PM
Hello all!
Erts here.
Just starting d and d, but have been a big fan of the forums and the comic for a while.

Like to debate, discuss philosophy, read and watch stories that interest me, waste countless time looking up random knowledge in either tvtropes, wikipedia (fact checking of course,) the news, the paper. I also generally discuss anything, and from what I've found, this is the best place to do this, this is one of the smartest forums I have ever laid my eyes on. (The average intelligence of people here is way higher than most forums.)

(Ps: While it says that I joined in March, I posted one thing on how I hoped there would be an ark about Durkon and Elan in the fleet, and decided to come back today!)

Armatelum
2009-05-29, 06:45 PM
Hello! I've been reading order of the stick for two years now and finally decided to join the forum. Recently I started my own D&D gaming sessions and if anyone has ideas for my campaign that would be greatly appreciated.

choie
2009-05-29, 07:22 PM
Hi guys! I'm choie, pronounced like "joey," named after my cat. I started reading OOTS about six weeks ago when I happened upon a discussion about this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0628.html) on one of y favorite message boards. Intrigued by the discussion and how things got to such a scary point, I read the whole archives in about two days, bought the two excellent prequel books, and have been a complete and utter fangirl ever since. All this despite not knowing anything about D&D before I started. (Well, except some basics through cultural osmosis.)

So I finally delurked a couple of days ago and posted my first real thread today after some nailbiting indecision. IRL I'm a writer and web designer.

Thanks for such a great community with plenty of interesting discussions! There are perhaps other, arguably more artistically detailed webcomics out there, but for consistency of humor, writing, story, characterization and simple but powerful imagery, OOTS is absolutely the best I've seen. Many, many thanks. I know Rich won't read this, but I'm still very grateful to him.

Senator Cybus
2009-05-29, 08:41 PM
Hello there! I'm Senator Cybus, recent convert to the awesome that is the Order of the Stick.

I'm a whimsical Brit, cat owner and occasional contributor of things to stuff. And I firmly believe that if you don't think Planescape: Torment is the best CRPG ever, you're clearly suffering from a wild brain disease that can only be cured with fire. :smalltongue:

Jacklu
2009-05-29, 08:58 PM
Welcome to all you new members! Settle in, grab some popcorn, and don't let any stranger handle you brain, no matter how many delicious cookies they offer in return.

Blue the Thief
2009-05-30, 01:01 AM
Oh, and Blue? Why is your gender set as malehttp://the-cactus.com/images/public/sure.png?

Uh, because I am? Why else would it be set to that?:smallconfused:

Lord Aidan
2009-05-30, 06:05 AM
Hi everyone! I have been reading OOTS for a while and I just noticed the forums. So I registered. Hi! /waves hand

Nameless
2009-05-30, 06:07 AM
Hello!
*waves* :smallsmile:

HPsauce
2009-05-30, 10:06 AM
hi i'm HPsauce and i'm fredthefighter's sister.
(SATAN IS COMING):smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2009-05-30, 10:48 AM

Ketchup > HP Sauce. :smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-05-30, 10:50 AM
Ketchup > HP Sauce. :smalltongue:

Darn you to heck. :smalltongue:

HP, here is your playground survival kit.
Contents:

Anti-glomp armour (for avoiding glomps)
Cookies (for eating)
Knife (for stabbities)
???
Profit!

:biggrin:

Dogmantra
2009-05-30, 10:50 AM

Hello HPsauce, FredtheFighter's sister.
I'm Dogmantra, uh... Someone who doesn't go to this forum's brother!

Also: hello Lord Aidan

josjie
2009-05-30, 11:32 AM
Hello everyone :)

I come from the same mystical place as Blue the Thief :smalltongue:

I'm a biiiig Half-Life 2 / Oblivion / Fallout 3 fanboy, but I also like Neverwinter Nights I + II :smallbiggrin:

I'm currently at episode 94 of the Order of the Stick :smallsmile: I think I'm getting addicted...

Dogmantra
2009-05-30, 11:34 AM
I come from the same mystical place as Blue the Thief :smalltongue:

And me, and Nick II...
There's a lot of UESPers about...

josjie
2009-05-30, 11:36 AM
I haven't seen Cactus yet, though... or perhaps I've got to search a bit more.

Lorolar
2009-05-30, 01:11 PM
The top of my screen keeps telling me to post here so post here I shall.

I'm here for the roleplaying and the random banter, see you there.

Jackalajack
2009-05-30, 04:19 PM
Hello there you wonderful people!

I am new here and look forward to having a great time with you all. Let's have lots of fun, okay?

Lupy
2009-05-30, 04:27 PM

FRED HAS A SISTER!?!

:smalleek:

Sorry. Welcome to the Playground.

Recaiden
2009-05-30, 04:32 PM
Welcome to all of you. HPsauce, that's great. Lord Aidan: Like the name.