PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20

Jackalajack
2009-05-30, 04:36 PM
That is a very cool avatar you have, Recaiden. Did you make it yourself?

Quincunx
2009-05-30, 04:56 PM
FRED HAS A SISTER!?!

:smalleek:

Sorry. Welcome to the Playground.

Yes. (The follow-up to all subsequent questions is "No".)

Hello to the sudden but pleasing rush of new people, welcome for the group who knows one another in RL, by the way 'he' who flings the gender icon accusation goes on the watch list alongside the accused, and feel free to wander through the sub-forums to find your flavor since they all have distinct sub-cultures of seriousness/humor and post length and such.

One special event coming up is a stick-figure-avatar week in the middle of June, where everyone (not just yours truly) will have a simple stick-figure avatar. It's the best possible time to open up a drawing program, wiggle your mouse, and try making one for yourself! We don't host them here so you have to find your own hosting, but all you need other than that is the willingness to try. Great guides specific to many different drawing programs, especially the 'vector' drawing programs which are used for OotS itself, can be found in the Arts and Crafts sub-forum.

[EDIT: MS Paint & IrfanView (for resizing, to avoid the Paint fuzzy effect) for my avatar.]

Recaiden
2009-05-30, 05:02 PM
That is a very cool avatar you have, Recaiden. Did you make it yourself?

Yes. Using Inkscape. Would you like an avatar?
Like Quin said, in a few weeks we will be having xkcd style basic stick figures for our avatars.

Jackalajack
2009-05-30, 05:16 PM
Oh yes, thank you. I would very much like an avatar!

But what kind of avatar should I get?

blingblong
2009-05-30, 07:52 PM
Hey. My friend loves this forum and is always on it so I thought I might give it a shot. This seems like the place to start and I guess all that is left to say is hello.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-30, 07:53 PM
FtF? But female? NO WAY. :smallamused:. Welcome.

Shorkan
2009-05-31, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone ;-),

I'v been D&Ding for some years now. I'v played a lot of 3.5 but my party switched to 4E when it was published. I already knew the site from OOTS and a good friend of mine (who is also my DM) is posting here a lot, so I figured I'd give it a shot as well.

Jamie
2009-05-31, 05:36 PM
Hey, I'm new ehre. Long time reader and fan of the comic, but also someone who's barely scratched the surface of D&D and would like to learn more about it and to maybe try some play-by-post games.

RangerOfFortune
2009-05-31, 06:05 PM
Wow, 6 of these threads...

Hello, Giant in the Playground! I've been reading the threads for a few weeks now, and have decided to finally join myself. Huge fan of OotS and am eagerly awaiting the new installments.

whenpigsfly
2009-05-31, 06:22 PM
hi im new:smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2009-05-31, 06:25 PM
hi im new:smallbiggrin:

OHAI! *waves* :smallsmile:

AssassinKing
2009-06-01, 12:29 AM
yeah im new. and i want to do a rpg dnd thing but i dont know how to make a character

DMClockwork
2009-06-01, 01:59 AM
I am also new. I am also hello-ing. Nice to know you exist out there.
Well... that's it.

BanjoTheClown
2009-06-01, 06:52 AM
Welcome new people in the playground! :smallsmile:

Kalraven
2009-06-01, 09:02 AM
Hey everyone, been reading the OOTS comic for awhile now and just recently had the opportunity to get some time and sign up for the web site. Been rping for a long, long while; both online forum, live chat, as well as paper and pen at home and look forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks.

Kalraven

Guru
2009-06-01, 02:46 PM
Hello everyone. Just looking around here for a while until I find something that looks interesting...

Dogmantra
2009-06-01, 02:48 PM
Welcome, newbies. Have a hug crossed with a high five, an invention of mine I like to call... a high... hug?

†Dranyos†
2009-06-02, 02:11 AM
Hey Guys !! Uh this is my first forum thing so i am so clueless... But hi!!:smallcool:

Lord Starlight
2009-06-02, 04:36 AM
*wave* Being Quincunx's husband seems to be my claim to fame here so I'll go with that :smallwink:

I've been reading OotS for a long time but I have spent my forum-browsing time elsewhere. Until she showed me a post that I just had to reply to :smallbiggrin: So I figured why not introduce myself and browse around a bit... :smallsmile:

Primy
2009-06-02, 07:53 AM
Im new, been reading oots for a very short time, but have read all the books and the online comics

Bring Miko back!

Mr. Shiny Objec
2009-06-02, 12:03 PM
I'm new. I'm testing to see if my Avatar works

oreopizza47
2009-06-02, 06:14 PM
Hola, people of GiantITP. I am teh noobzorz. I recently started playing D&D and I'm having some issues on some less important things: namely, names. If anyone can help me find a good name for a half-orc barbarian, please let me know.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-02, 06:31 PM
Call him Poke.

Or Muurg.

Almaseti
2009-06-02, 10:00 PM
Hey there. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that I'm a noob here. I may or may not stick around, depending on... stuff.

I've never played DnD, but I'm planning on starting a campaign soon. My character will be a very bitchy Lawful Neutral half-elf monk. We'll see how it works out.

Anyway, I love OotS, and erfworld, and this seems like a logical extension of that.

HPsauce
2009-06-03, 05:24 AM
Hi people, Fred's sis here whats up with you?, Are you ok?, Hows life?

billtodamax
2009-06-03, 06:15 AM
Fred's sister?!?! No wai! *glomps* *is thrown off* Damn glomp proof armour... :smalltongue:

Welcome to everyone that posts in this thread, even if you've been here for years. Have a complimentary screwdriver:
http://www.cksinfo.com/clipart/construction/tools/screwdrivers/red-screwdriver.png

As has been mentioned, xkcd avatar week is coming up, so you should head over to that thread and check it out.

Drop me a PM and I'll try and reply, or just drop by Silly Message Board Games if you want to get in touch.

Arcane Copycat
2009-06-03, 07:50 AM
Hey, just found this comic due to friend linking me (spend 3 hours reading/laughing my way through both erfworld and Oots).

I play Dnd, although only 4e (braces for criticism) merely because I've only been playing for about a year and nobody had ever bothered to hand me a 3.5 rulebook.

Rustscale
2009-06-03, 11:39 AM
Hello, all! I've played DnD for about three years now, although about in the middle of last year my little group fell apart as we were arguing whether or not to adopt the 4e rules or stick with 3.5. Now, I'm looking at starting the group again, afresh, with the 4e rules, which probably means Ill end up as DM. As for GITP and OOTS, I've kept of with the comic for more than a year now, but with the increase in available time due to the arrival of summer once again I've found myself able to finally register on the forum here. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Recaiden
2009-06-03, 11:46 AM
Hello Rustscale. We've been waiting for you.
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to send a PM if you have any questions.

Carnivorous M.
2009-06-03, 03:29 PM
Hullo, everyone. Carnivorous Moogle reporting in! (But you can just call me Carnie. :smallwink:)

I've been putting off getting one of these for way too long now. But no longer! Bane, thy name is Procrastination.

Thrall_Of_Ao
2009-06-03, 03:38 PM
Hullo, everyone. Carnivorous Moogle reporting in! (But you can just call me Carnie. :smallwink:)

I've been putting off getting one of these for way too long now. But no longer! Bane, thy name is Procrastination.

Hmmmm..."Starving the Trolls"...almost sounds like a band name. Or maybe a carnival game.
Which, you know, would make sense, what with the nickname and all. :smallwink:

Welcome one and all!

It wasn't long ago (although, by internet standards, it's been centuries) that I too was just a wet-behind-the-ears playgrounder, so it's only fitting that I return the favor to all the nice and generous individuals that welcomed me then.

Sincerely,
-TOA

PS YES! First post on a new page. I love it when that happens.

Ghost_Busters
2009-06-03, 07:25 PM
Hi, found this forum and figured it had to be fun so see you around

banthesun
2009-06-05, 07:22 AM
Here I am, looking for somewhere to roleplay (/try out my new campain setting) and then I find this forum. I'll probably be starting a homebrew, steampunk-themed campain sometime.

So, Hello!

As a side note, despite gamemastering for almost 9 years I have never played D&D or Roleplayed under a competent GM. It's a little depressing really. But I get by on GMing

hustlertwo
2009-06-05, 11:57 AM
I wonder, with the barrage of new people a forum this large must get, how many people will actually read posts from the newbies? In any case, I'm here. I have been reading OotS for years (started around early to mid '05, I guess, when I first got into webcomics in general), but I have never played D&D or any sort of non-video game RPG. I simply find the strip entertaining anyhow.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-05, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the fold, Ghost/Bant/Hust.

As a side note, despite gamemastering for almost 9 years I have never played D&D or Roleplayed under a competent GM.
Perhaps your standards are too high? I'm sure you'll find some people you can approve of here in the Playground though. :smalltongue:

I wonder, with the barrage of new people a forum this large must get, how many people will actually read posts from the newbies?
One persons opinion is worth exactly as much as the next's. And everyone here is fairly friendly. Don't be intimidated just because you're new to these parts. :smallwink:

DeadManSleeping
2009-06-05, 02:45 PM
My, this thread is long.

Hi, everyone. I kinda wanted to check out the PbP games here, so I finally got around to registering. Gaming's slow where I am.

I might participate in other forums at some point, though. Depends how much my innate shyness will pertain to cyberspace.

Radical Raven
2009-06-05, 08:15 PM
Hello. I am the infamous Radical Raven. I'm sure you've all heard of me....

.....I said, I'm sure you've... oh forget it:smallannoyed:

I mostly joined because of Order of the Stick, but I may take part in other discussions occasionaly.... especially if they're about cartoons.

...so... that's all.

Valiant
2009-06-05, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone, good to meet you, I'm Valiant.

I've drifted about a bit and decided to make an account after a couple days of looking around the board. Kind of interested in the PbP and looking through the homebrewed section.

Lestrahl
2009-06-06, 05:06 AM
Ummm.. Hello. I'm Lestrahl III. I'm kind of nervous when I'm new to something. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Recaiden
2009-06-06, 07:06 AM
Hello all of you. What happened to the I and II?

@hustlertwo::furious:

I hope you people come out into the rest of the forum.

HPsauce
2009-06-06, 09:31 AM
Recaiden your avatar is so cool and cute.

Lestrahl
2009-06-06, 03:48 PM
Ummm... they had a bit of a run in with a flight of stares in an enclosed extra-dimensional loop space.

HPsauce
2009-06-07, 08:04 AM
I'm very impressed with the website i'm always entrtained by it espiacally kiss or kill on the silly board games message board

Fredthefighter
2009-06-07, 08:34 AM
I'm very impressed with the website i'm always entrtained by it espiacally kiss or kill on the silly board games message board

That's good to hear HPsauce. It's nice that you're enjoying your time here. :smallsmile:

darkblust
2009-06-07, 08:47 AM
Greetings!!!I am fairly nnew,so yeah.This site pwns.so does :roach:

Fredthefighter
2009-06-07, 08:49 AM
Greetings!!!I am fairly nnew,so yeah.This site pwns.so does :roach:

Welcome to the playground darkblust. And yes, this site and the :roach: pwn more so than any other being ever imagined.

Slimslamer
2009-06-07, 09:54 AM
Hello, I'm Slimslamer. I come from the WoTC boards, and have actually been reading this comic since before #200. I only just decided to join the forums though.

So Yeah...

Fredthefighter
2009-06-07, 09:56 AM
Hello, I'm Slimslamer. I come from the WoTC boards, and have actually been reading this comic since before #200. I only just decided to join the forums though.

So Yeah...

Welcome to the playground Slimslammer, I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do not feed the playgrounders. :smallbiggrin:

Gecks
2009-06-07, 10:56 AM
Hello there- longtime reader, longer time casual DnD nerd, finally signing up to the forums because I am finally feeling the need to add my idle speculations to the chorus. :smallbiggrin:

Raven3005
2009-06-07, 11:26 AM
bout time i joined the forum i've been lurkin on the website for about two years now, just couldnt be arsed to join before. Meh!

Fredthefighter
2009-06-07, 11:27 AM
A big hearty welcome to Gecks and Raven3005, I hope you enjoy your stay and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask a nearby playgrounder.

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-07, 11:30 AM
Hey, Gecks and Raven. Welcome to the Playground. :smallsmile:

Like Fred said, you're welcome to ask me or another Playgrounder if you have any questions.

Turraken
2009-06-07, 04:42 PM
Hello all, figured I'd finally sign up.

I've been just lurking and enjoying the comic for a while, but the time has now come to forge my destiny upon the forums.

Or something.

I look forward to talking and gaming with you all. :smallsmile:

Fredthefighter
2009-06-07, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the playground Turraken, enjoy your stay and do not feed the playgrounders... especially with your limbs. :smallbiggrin:

Blair
2009-06-07, 05:23 PM
Finally decided that I should sign up for the forums. So hello to everyone!

CKWing
2009-06-07, 06:33 PM
Well, if it's new members that should be posting here, I guess I have followed the correct directions and ended up in the right locale. So, to you all I say "Hello, Hola, Bien Venido". I'm glad to make your acquaintances...and biscuits if the oven preheats fast enough. I'm looking forward to general funnery.

-CKW

geekyhedgehog
2009-06-07, 07:02 PM
Hello, Blair, et. al. nice to meet your acquaintance.

as Fred and Rainy have demonstrated, we're almost all nice people here. The Playground is a very accepting place.

Anyone with questions can Private-Message any one of the two above people (they're very helpful), or me with any questions. (click 'Private Messages' in the upper right corner box).

otherwise, Welcome to the Playground! I'll be haunting the 'Silly Message Board Games' forum, if you're looking for something to do. I also hear the OotS forum is nice, if you're hardcore into the comics (which I'm not).

See ya around!

Frandal
2009-06-08, 04:52 AM
Greetings and well met everyone.. after long years crossing this pages and reading a lot of adventures of our.. hmmm.. heros... ;) I'm finally joining up this forum... and now if you excuse me I'd a lot to read ;)

Dania Audax
2009-06-08, 06:07 AM
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. I've been reading OOTS since 2003 and have MS Painted a pretty cool avatar (she just kept evolving on me)...just to find out that new avatars are currently disabled. :smallredface:

I'm still foggy on how to post one's own custom avatar anyway, so I guess it's just as well.

Is there anything you recommend brand-spanking new posters do? Assume I've already read the FAQs.

billtodamax
2009-06-08, 06:18 AM
Welcome all! There are cupcakes somewhere... I think Fred ate them. Anyway. Enjoy your time here, I'll be hiding in SMBG for the most part.

Memplejemple
2009-06-08, 06:46 AM
Hi, everyone.

Eight more words obligatorily placed in this sentence.

Topus
2009-06-08, 06:57 AM
Hello everyone, i am a newcomer, and i am italian.
And i just want to thank mr burlew, for the order of the stick is the best fantasy story read for me.
Bye :)

Fredthefighter
2009-06-08, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the playground Topus and Memplejemple, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

ResplendentFire
2009-06-09, 07:04 AM
Hello!

I've been reading this strip for awhile, only just joined the forum.

Quincunx
2009-06-09, 07:16 AM
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. I've been reading OOTS since 2003 and have MS Painted a pretty cool avatar (she just kept evolving on me)...just to find out that new avatars are currently disabled. :smallredface:

I'm still foggy on how to post one's own custom avatar anyway, so I guess it's just as well.

Is there anything you recommend brand-spanking new posters do? Assume I've already read the FAQs.

Er? They're not disabled, but you can't upload them here. They have to be hosted elsewhere, say Photobucket or Imageshack. Welcome to the ranks of Paint avatarists! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to fend off the folks from Arts & Crafts who will be trying to tempt you to the vector-based drawing programs. . .

BACK! BACK, I SAY!

. . .then once it's hosted, snag the link and paste it into the Custom Avatar URL space, then choose Custom two lines above that, and there you go.

KataraAltinaII
2009-06-09, 10:46 AM
I joined today 'coz I was bored and I haven't had my morning does of drugs breakfast yet.

you might see me around a bit. On the rest of the interwebs, I'm generally called Tera, 253, or of course, Tera253.

so some of you might know that name from other places.

Fredthefighter
2009-06-09, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the playground KataraAltinaII, don't mind the crazy people, we may be everywhere, but we mean well. Also, don't feed us after midnight, don't get us wet and don't expose us to bright light. :smallbiggrin:
Have fun. :smallbiggrin:

Akeron4
2009-06-09, 12:27 PM
let the fun commence

Fredthefighter
2009-06-09, 01:08 PM
let the fun commence

Indeed. The fun shall begin now. :smallbiggrin:
Welcome to hell the playground. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Tiri'Anor
2009-06-09, 01:42 PM
Hey people.

I found this place while looking for something or another for D&D, poked around, seems cool.

Is this pretty much all D&D 3.x & 4 discussions?

I'm running/playing/writing games using a whole bunch of systems and am looking for web resources for several of them.

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-09, 01:48 PM
Hey people.

I found this place while looking for something or another for D&D, poked around, seems cool.

Is this pretty much all D&D 3.x & 4 discussions?

I'm running/playing/writing games using a whole bunch of systems and am looking for web resources for several of them.

We've got that and so much more. I rarely even look at the D&D section because I'm too busy having fun in Friendly Banter and the Silly Message Board Games. Also, welcome. :smallsmile:

Tiri'Anor
2009-06-09, 01:57 PM
We've got that and so much more. I rarely even look at the D&D section because I'm too busy having fun in Friendly Banter and the Silly Message Board Games. Also, welcome. :smallsmile:

Hmm.

I only checked out the D&D section.

I'll poke around more, but forum games and all that aren't really my cup of tea.

Also, thanks.

Besyanteo
2009-06-09, 02:42 PM
Hey all, another new poster here. I'm already a long time fan of Order of the Stick, but I only just decided to get into the GitP forums. Nice place so far!

Mr. Mud
2009-06-09, 03:29 PM
Howdy there Besy... Be warned, the Random Banter thread gets a bit out of hand some times :smallwink:.

Welcome.

Freefall
2009-06-09, 04:17 PM
Hi. Long time reader but now I'm unemployed I have lots of time between interviews to kick back at home and waste my life on teh intarwebs. Which is why I've pitched up here.

Wyrm419
2009-06-09, 05:47 PM
Hello people :) Happy to have found this group of happy adventures

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-09, 05:55 PM
Hi Freefall. Welcome, and pleased to meet you. :smallsmile:

Hey there Wyrm. Welcome! A friendly tip: I'm pretty sure animated avatars aren't allowed. :smallsmile:

Wyrm419
2009-06-09, 06:24 PM
Ok thanks, This one will have to do for now then...

Wyrm

Chaelos
2009-06-09, 06:42 PM
Rawr!

Just a long time reader, first time registrant waving hello to all the other playas in the playground.

I decided to join up mostly because some friends and I are starting our first D&D game (at least the first one I've done live, anyway) and I couldn't pass up this repository of knowledge. Most likely I'll be active almost exclusively in the "Roleplaying Games" section, but I wanted to say hello first.

So without further ado... hello!

billtodamax
2009-06-09, 09:06 PM
Playa, hmm? You might want to meet Reinholdt. Biggest playa ever. Welcome to the forums, Here is your standard issue 1metre long pointy stick. We use them to fend off the jackals.

HA! Get away! *pokes jackals*

Pessimus Prime
2009-06-09, 10:15 PM
Howdy gang. Old D&D player here, learning 3.5 and doing some research into some PrC's. You all seem like a fun bunch. I won't cause too much of a fuss, I'm Mostly Harmless. :smallbiggrin:

I'm also a bit of a Browncoat, and I swooned a bit when I saw Lilly's 'Kaylee' avatar. Marry me?

afroakuma
2009-06-09, 10:20 PM
Howdy gang. Old D&D player here, learning 3.5 and doing some research into some PrC's. You all seem like a fun bunch. I won't cause too much of a fuss, I'm Mostly Harmless. :smallbiggrin:

Ironically, we have a user named mostlyharmless who uses the same avatar.

Welcome to the Playground!

hustlertwo
2009-06-09, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the fold, Ghost/Bant/Hust.

Perhaps your standards are too high? I'm sure you'll find some people you can approve of here in the Playground though. :smalltongue:

One persons opinion is worth exactly as much as the next's. And everyone here is fairly friendly. Don't be intimidated just because you're new to these parts. :smallwink:

I was not speaking in general on the boards, more referring specifically to the introduction posts, and whether anyone read those. But since mine got a reply, I suppose I found the answer to my question.

billtodamax
2009-06-10, 12:00 AM
We actually employ five people around the clock to monitor this thread and ssay hello to new people. :smallwink::smalltongue:

ResplendentFire
2009-06-10, 02:40 AM
We actually employ five people around the clock to monitor this thread and ssay hello to new people. :smallwink::smalltongue:

But not everyone gets greeted! I demand a refund. :smallbiggrin:

Seriously, though. This forum looks like a great community, including the attention paid to the welcome thread.

billtodamax
2009-06-10, 02:53 AM
Welcome! Ha, told you so. :smalltongue: Here's a catfish. You'll need it later.

ResplendentFire
2009-06-10, 04:40 AM
Thank you much.

What does the catfish do?

Fredthefighter
2009-06-10, 04:57 AM
Thank you much.

What does the catfish do?

I think it's for keeping the stabbities at bay. :smallbiggrin:

Mimic
2009-06-10, 06:26 AM
Howdy doody.

Chessrook44
2009-06-10, 07:45 AM
Long-time reader, first-time poster, Figured I may as well post here before checking in on anywhere else. And read the rules to make sure I don't step on any toes. Ergo, HELLO!

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-10, 08:38 AM
Heya Mimic and Chessrook. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Ordinarily I'd have you two fight each other to the death for my personal amusement, but I suppose that a friendly welcome will have to do. :smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-06-10, 11:57 AM
Heya Mimic and Chessrook. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Ordinarily I'd have you two fight each other to the death for my personal amusement, but I suppose that a friendly welcome will have to do. :smalltongue:

What ARK said. :smallbiggrin:

Chessrook44
2009-06-10, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome, though I'd rather not go into a death fight. I don't want to kill anyone.

Specan
2009-06-10, 01:58 PM
Hi. I am new to the forum, but have been reading the comics for a long time.

Falgorn
2009-06-10, 02:03 PM
Hey, Specan. You're gonna love it on the forums, I know I do. :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2009-06-10, 02:14 PM
Hey, Specan. You're gonna love it on the forums, I know I do. :smallbiggrin:

We haz pie! :smallbiggrin:

LibraryLifeform
2009-06-10, 04:19 PM
One more new member. Finally decided I loved OotS too much to continue adoring in silence. So, hi everyone!

Mr. Mud
2009-06-10, 04:25 PM
Howdy LLF, and all other pixies :smalltongue:. Welcome to the Magical Emporium of all things OOTS.

billtodamax
2009-06-10, 07:54 PM
Welcome Mimic, Cheeserook, Specan and LLF. Your kittens shall be in the mail.

Fredthefighter
2009-06-11, 05:29 AM
We haz pie! :smallbiggrin:

HECK YEAH! AND WE HAZ CAKE! :smallbiggrin: AND KITTIES! :biggrin:

Nameless
2009-06-11, 07:19 AM
HECK YEAH! AND WE HAZ CAKE! :smallbiggrin: AND KITTIES! :biggrin:

And pie too. :smallcool:

Mr. Mud
2009-06-11, 09:58 AM
Kitteh? Wherez teh kitteh? *mass glomps* :smallamused:.

Fredthefighter
2009-06-11, 10:19 AM
And pie too. :smallcool:

Indeed. :cool:

*Gives Mrmud the kitties*

Pogogoblin
2009-06-11, 01:32 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums,
but i've already read the entire comic series
two times over the period of about 3 months.

favorite character? Belkar Bitterleaf.

And i'm just here to say hello.

rock on, Gnomes!

Fredthefighter
2009-06-11, 02:35 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums,
but i've already read the entire comic series
two times over the period of about 3 months.

favorite character? Belkar Bitterleaf.

And i'm just here to say hello.

rock on, Gnomes!

Welcome to the playground.
And yes, Gnomes rule. :smallbiggrin:

foxtrotpenguin
2009-06-11, 08:01 PM
Hello Everybody....
I've grown tired being the only person I know who reads OOTS.

Is it possible to change the avatar?

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-11, 09:32 PM
Hello Everybody....
I've grown tired being the only person I know who reads OOTS.

Is it possible to change the avatar?

Yep. Up at the top of the screen, go under "User CP" then "Edit Options." Near the bottom you should be able to pick one of the other default avatars or put in a direct link to a custom one. Also, welcome! :smallsmile:

Mr. Mud
2009-06-11, 09:59 PM
Psst, There is a pun in Knight's name that took me roughly 1475 posts to figure out :smalltongue:.

Wazzoo
2009-06-11, 10:49 PM
Hi, I'm Wazzoo. (don't ask why I chose that name :smallwink:) I started reading OOTS around a couple weeks ago, or maybe a month. Kind of forgot. xD Anyway, I love role playing, though I don't really know how to play DnD I regret to say. Well, mostly because not many stores in my area really sell many Player's Handbooks anyway. I hope to have a great time here. ^_^

smutmulch
2009-06-11, 10:57 PM
*Is surprised at the rate of welcome posts* This is quite a happenin' place.

I've lurked for ages, but due to being unemployed right now I just can't figure out anything to do but begin posting occassionally.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 11:40 PM
Welcome Wazzoo and smutmulch. I hope you have a good time in the playground.

foxtrotpenguin
2009-06-12, 01:59 AM
Yep. Up at the top of the screen, go under "User CP" then "Edit Options." Near the bottom you should be able to pick one of the other default avatars or put in a direct link to a custom one. Also, welcome! :smallsmile:

I thank you!

thepsyker
2009-06-12, 02:51 AM
I've already started posting in other threads, but I suppose it would be polite to stop by and say hi. So, hi I'm thepsyker, I took the name after my nation in Nation States, former generalite almost two years clean, and have been using it on any non Warhammer forum I've joined. I've been reading OotS for a couple years now, since around the time the Order defeated Xykon the first time, but only started visiting the forum a little over a month ago. Actually started lurking in the Erfworld forum, before moving over to the OtoS forum and deciding to join in response to some of the recent discussion over there.

billtodamax
2009-06-12, 03:53 AM
Welcome pogo, foxtrot, Wazzoo, smut and psyk. Here's your imitation coca cola and your buttered shrimp. Hope you have a fun time.

Xenre
2009-06-12, 04:53 AM
Hello, my name is Xenre (zen RE). :smallsmile:

billtodamax
2009-06-12, 05:10 AM
Welcome Xenre! I hope you have a great time in the playground. Here's some icecream. It's chocolate.

Bliu Skye
2009-06-12, 09:04 AM
Hello. My profile says I made this account a while ago, but I've just now actually started using it. I've been with OOTS since #603 and I read the whole previous archive in two days (possibly a record?) I can't name a single character that I've ever hated in this comic or even disliked, but my favorite has always been :vaarsuvius: for some strange reason. I seem to have a curse on me; as soon as I name a character as my "favorite," they abruptly degenerate into evil/madness/some other strange state.

Mr. Mud
2009-06-12, 09:56 AM
Hello. My profile says I made this account a while ago, but I've just now actually started using it. I've been with OOTS since #603 and I read the whole previous archive in two days (possibly a record?) I can't name a single character that I've ever hated in this comic or even disliked, but my favorite has always been :vaarsuvius: for some strange reason. I seem to have a curse on me; as soon as I name a character as my "favorite," they abruptly degenerate into evil/madness/some other strange state.

Nope, I've reread the whole archive (from roughly 620) in a blazing all nighter :smalltongue:.

Welcome!

Nehh
2009-06-12, 12:46 PM
O HAI THAR!

BTW It took me 7 hours.

geekyhedgehog
2009-06-12, 02:21 PM
Welcome, Nehh, et. al.!

Due to an unforeseen accounting error, the kitten-mailing service is temporarily down. In fact, the free kittehs you should have received for joining up are all ending up at my house for some reason. It's weird, but you don't see me arguing...:smallbiggrin: I'll try to fix the problem never at some indefinite point in time.

<.<
>.>

Right.

Philaenas
2009-06-12, 02:56 PM
Ellow there! I have been reading OOTS since there were about 10 strips if I remember correctly. And Lo! I have stuck by it ever since! Recently the story has taken an interesting turn and has managed to keep me returning to this page a lot during one day :). I only today decided to register, since I am looking for a nice pbp DnD game, as my old DnD roots have started to ache once more, after some WoD interludes. So, I guess thou can welcommeth me! :smallbiggrin:

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-12, 03:04 PM
Ellow there! I have been reading OOTS since there were about 10 strips if I remember correctly. And Lo! I have stuck by it ever since! Recently the story has taken an interesting turn and has managed to keep me returning to this page a lot during one day :). I only today decided to register, since I am looking for a nice pbp DnD game, as my old DnD roots have started to ache once more, after some WoD interludes. So, I guess thou can welcommeth me! :smallbiggrin:

Welcome! :smallsmile:

Yes, yes, quite nice to meat - I mean meet you. Now, if you wouldn't mind lightly salting yourself and jumping into that vat of barbecue sauce, I think that we could get this done quickly and painlessly. :smalltongue:

Jcoyne
2009-06-12, 03:07 PM
Hey,

Been reading Oots for years, big fan, decided to actually start contributing to the forums.

(Heh....'contributing'... right... :smallwink:)

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-12, 03:12 PM
Hey,

Been reading Oots for years, big fan, decided to actually start contributing to the forums.

(Heh....'contributing'... right... :smallwink:)

Hey. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Well, of course you can contribute! I've been looking for someone to help me in my study on skydiving without parachutes. Granted, you'll probably only contribute once, but you'll contribute nonetheless! :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-06-12, 05:30 PM
Shh ARK, you'll scare them away!

Welcome, we definately won't try and conduct horrible genetic experiments on you the likes of which have never seen before. Definately not. Here have some biscuts. *presents biscuts*

LordlyCaliber
2009-06-12, 11:57 PM
Long time reader, first time caller.

Cheers!

billtodamax
2009-06-13, 02:47 AM
Hello LordlyCaliber! Have your complimentary Batman clone. You can give him three things made of bluetack. We fight them on Sundays. :smalltongue:

R. Shackleford
2009-06-13, 07:22 AM
Oyyy. After seeing that OotS was on EVERY TVtropes page I read, I decided a few weeks ago to binge on the entire archive, and caught up last week.

So, that means my only course of action left is to become one of the legion on the forums. That is how those of Anon's blood are. Anyways, I plan on getting into DnD once I reclaim my life from work this fall.

randomy
2009-06-13, 09:01 AM
hello i'm new here

Faraaz
2009-06-13, 04:22 PM
Hello im new here

alligatorade
2009-06-13, 08:10 PM
y halo thar!

I've been reading OotS for a while now, but never really nosed around the forums. Then I started looking around for resources for a campaign I'm DMing and somewhat home-brewing, and lo and behold there's an entire board dedicated to that sort of shenanigans! I am well pleased. =)

j00callme
2009-06-13, 08:14 PM
Hello Hello! I've read through the whole comic twice now, and I figured I'd make myself known to the forums. Who knew you could do so much with stick figures?

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-13, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the Playground, R. Shackleford, randomy, Faraaz, alligatorade, and j00callme! :smallsmile:

Let's see... I've got cake, cookies, fishy sticks, sheet metal, and many other tasty treats for all you newcomers. Any takers? :smalltongue:

shazza95
2009-06-14, 01:24 AM
Hi! To be honest, I'm on this because I was reading the order of the stick, and it looked fun! But you might find certain role playing jokes will be lost on me. I've never really played one :smallfrown:

Actually OOTS probably taught me a fair bit about them. Somehow :smallconfused:

One of my friends does but i never get the chance to as well'.

But i have played 40k :smallbiggrin:

SiukiSwordsman
2009-06-14, 09:46 PM
Hello?:smallconfused:

Trodon
2009-06-14, 10:15 PM
Hello and welcome to the playground SiukiSwordsman and shazza95 i hope that you will have a good time here

The_Admiral
2009-06-15, 04:49 AM
Hi I am new here.

billtodamax
2009-06-15, 04:52 AM
Hi cannon! *Glomp* Here, have a crowbar. *hands crowbar*

golfmade
2009-06-15, 10:20 AM
Howdy all. I've seen the comic a few times in the past but biggest reason why I signed up is I've been getting into role playing a lot more in the last year and well I'm always trying to improve my own role playing and come up with interesting characters regardless of the system.

Just tried my hand at DMing in Shadowrun, went quite well and I have much respect for my previous and future GMs after having now done it myself.

I do however prefer fantasy and play D&D 3.5 with a group of friends.

I'm originally from the USA but have been living in Taiwan for 3 years now.

Currently reading The War of Souls Dragonlance books, just started Volume 3.

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-15, 11:14 AM
Howdy all. I've seen the comic a few times in the past but biggest reason why I signed up is I've been getting into role playing a lot more in the last year and well I'm always trying to improve my own role playing and come up with interesting characters regardless of the system.

Just tried my hand at DMing in Shadowrun, went quite well and I have much respect for my previous and future GMs after having now done it myself.

I do however prefer fantasy and play D&D 3.5 with a group of friends.

I'm originally from the USA but have been living in Taiwan for 3 years now.

Currently reading The War of Souls Dragonlance books, just started Volume 3.

Hey golfmade! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

So, a DM, hmm? I'd play more D&D myself if I had a group of friends who could sit down for more than an hour without having their characters kill each other.

golfmade
2009-06-15, 11:20 AM
Hey golfmade! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

So, a DM, hmm? I'd play more D&D myself if I had a group of friends who could sit down for more than an hour without having their characters kill each other.

It was my first attempt but we just finished the campaign (it lasted about 9 weeks) and my players (there were three) had a good time, saved the day and said they'd go back for more if I wanted to come up with a new campaign.

Rutskarn
2009-06-15, 12:34 PM
On behalf of Rutskarn, Rutskarn Enterprises, Chocolate Hammer Publishing Co., several dummy accounts used for money laundering, and my vast network of thugs, associates, accountants, and leeches, I welcome all newcomers to GitP.

Don't drink the water.

Steilos
2009-06-15, 02:13 PM
Yo.
...Wait, I had to say something about why I'm here? Ah. Hang on a sec *rummages through notes* I'd like to thank my-Wait, no.*rummages* Ah, got it.

I've been lurking in here for quite a while...um... Oh year I remember, I read through the whole Oots (and erfworld) thing and the latest page was the 'evilgasm' strip (don't look at me for numbers) and I loved it. I don't know how DnD actually works to be honest, but I had a rough idea from such games as Baldur's Gate (God the hours I spent on that).

I had enough background knowledge to understand the jokes, and soon was hooked. Never actually been in a DnD game before. Heck, I've never even been on the WoTC site, but I'd like to get started on summat. (NOT Fighter, if you're so sure there's just a dart trap there, you take the bait)
So yeah, I'll probably mosey around the forums a bit till I find something productive to do. See ya round.

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-15, 02:33 PM
Hey, Steilos. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Coincidentally, I was just working on something evilgasm-related: :smalltongue:
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/output/motivator0edccba9143f5168ac92edc18fbbbe672982ad5b. jpg

woahroscoe
2009-06-15, 07:16 PM
Hello!
This is my first day here so i thought i'd pop by and introduce myself!
I'm Debbie and am currently running Woah! Roscoe hosted by Drunkduck
www.drunkduck/woah_roscoe
I have come to join the Order of the Stick community XD horrah!:smallbiggrin:
and Greetings to you all!

shazza95
2009-06-15, 10:28 PM
hi, i'm pretty new as well, but i think you'll like it here. most forums are actually pretty funny.
:smallbiggrin:

Namegduf
2009-06-16, 07:24 AM
Hey! I'd say long time reader, but I'm humbled by some of the people above, so I'll just say I've been reading for a while before registering here. Love OotS, love Erfworld too, and love D&D.

The_Skrypter
2009-06-16, 01:47 PM
Just as Namegduf, I have been a long time reader of OotS, haven't much looked at Erfworld though. Anyway, just saying hello. Thanks for keeping the comic interesting.

Sintar07
2009-06-16, 02:23 PM
...Hello...

PinsAndNeedles
2009-06-17, 04:15 AM
Hello everyone, it is a pleasure to join you here.

Megatron46
2009-06-17, 05:35 AM
Hello all,

New fan of OOTS- really new, like last week! Love it!

Thought I'd register and make myself known!
Keep up the good work!

J.B. Ganning
2009-06-17, 02:50 PM
Hi.

Well, that was a very boring hello. Perhaps a second attempt?

Hello one and all! My name is Mr. Jack Benjamin Ganning!

Mmmm, too formal.

yo doodz! i iz bein cool n stufz for dis forrum!

No, no, no. Too... ugh.

Hmm...

Well, hello. I'm J.B. Ganning, as some of you may be able to tell. I live in a place void of jobs, and isolated from the world. There I come up with little stories in my head, and I have arrived at this forum to perhaps share those stories. If not, I'll complete them all as novels like I originally intended so Idon'thavetowashdishesforthenexttwoyearsbeforebein geitherfiredorpromoted.

That was much better! Except I forgot some details...

I only came here for the Arts & Crafts section. A friend of mine referred me to it, so I'm honouring his--wait, it wasn't a request... I guess I'm just taking his suggestion, and am going to try this place out. Maybe I'll do a wheelie while I'm here. With a monkey. And a baton. While balancing someone named Tom on my nose.

skeezycheeses
2009-06-17, 03:23 PM
Hi all. I absolutely adore OoTS! I've fianlly read through all the books and am now caught up to the point where I'm checking in here everyday looking for new strips so I figured it was tiime to say Hola!

Plus, I'm a wee bit in love with Belkar. :smalltongue:

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-17, 03:29 PM
Hey there, Sintar07, PinsAndNeedles, Megatron46, J.B. Ganning, and skeezycheeses! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

We have a fine variety of cookies and cakes to offer you today, not to mention fishy sticks and sheet metal (if that's your preference). :smalltongue:

Autopsibiofeeder
2009-06-17, 03:57 PM
Hi guys,

Veteran-lurker signing up at last. Been around this forum for years to read and enjoy. Some of you may have seen my name (Autopsibiofeeder, which is too long for this forum) at the WotC or BG forums. I was drawn here initially by the strip of course and am still hanging around because of that, but decided to sign up because I like the atmosphere on this forum. Am primarily a lurker, though, so do not expect too much posts from me :) .

I am from Holland, been playing DnD since 2E in more or less the same group for 12-13 years or so. As such I am very much stuck in a house-ruled 3.X environment, usually as DM. This is also the reason why I tend to not post a lot on forums: the style of play we developed likely differs some from that of other posters and I usually don't feel like providing that context.

I am 28 years old and outside of DnD I am a guitarist in a death-metal band, a football fan and working on my Msc degree in Palaeoecology.

Cheers,

Auto

Muskulls
2009-06-17, 07:29 PM
HI!

ummm.....

Yeah I think that is all for now.

HI!

Mr. Mud
2009-06-17, 07:29 PM
D&D? Death Metal guitar? HOLLAND!

You seem awesome already :smallamused:.

billtodamax
2009-06-17, 08:33 PM
Hello Muskulls! Have some chocolate. It probably isn't poisoned.
<.<
>.>
Probably.

PrimeraEspada
2009-06-18, 01:48 AM
Hi Everyone I'm new and just wanted to be heard so: HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

billtodamax
2009-06-18, 01:56 AM
Hello! Your name sounds like you're a Bleach fan. you might want to head over to FFRP. You'll find most bleach fans there. Though you might need this...
*Hands shotgun*
They can be a bit... enthusiastic (don't tell them I said that! :smallredface::smalltongue:)

HasegawaTakumi
2009-06-18, 02:47 AM
Hi everyone!

Magi
2009-06-18, 04:00 AM
hi someone!

billtodamax
2009-06-18, 04:31 AM
Welcome to both of you! *high-fives*

Sanguinius Hope
2009-06-18, 05:45 AM
Blessings upon all of you.

May you bathe your enemies in a bath of thier own blood..... But you know.. don't really cause they might kinda.. you know.. die. It's not like i'm condoning murder or anything, it's just a greeting. Maybe I should change my style of greetings. I think it's a little dark and disturbing.

Lets try a simple "Hello"
Hello

billtodamax
2009-06-18, 05:51 AM
I prefer a shower. Lasts longer. NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT. Welcome. There are several handy ditches scattered about.

L'intrigant
2009-06-18, 07:58 PM
Hoo, jeez. I never thought I'd be making an account on Giant. As is no-doubt common here, I've been reading OOTS for quite a while now and just now made an account to the forums, though not to comment on the comic. M'meeting friends here for something resembling an authentic game of D&D, since I fail at socializing with real people. :smallfrown:

So hiya. Someone wanna direct me to where I can request a custom avatar?

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-18, 08:41 PM
Hey there L'Intrigant. Pleased to meet you. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

There's a thread for requesting custom OOTS-style avatars in the Arts & Crafts forums.

zql
2009-06-18, 11:00 PM
Hello, read this message board from time to time and finally i decided to register.

Oots is like a drug, but unfortunatly after an overdose (500 strips in one week) i have to learn how to deal with the updates. I hope this forum helps.

Btw, i'm from Argentina, so excuse me if my english fails sometimes (for example, this last sentence was a little messy :smallbiggrin:).

Jerk Dently
2009-06-19, 01:29 AM
New member here, saying HI.

I like OOTS.

That is all. =]

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 02:07 AM
hello zql and Dently. Is that a refernce to Douglas Adams' book, Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency? And that sentence structure is fine compared to some of the beauties I come up with zql.

MrsBunnyWolf
2009-06-19, 02:57 PM
Hello! I am here because I bought Bunnywolf all books except vol 1 as an anniversary / valentine's present. Thought he might like them. Now we're both hooked! My all time favourite character is V, and my favourite MitD identity is My Little Pony.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-06-19, 03:45 PM
Hi guys,

Veteran-lurker signing up at last. Been around this forum for years to read and enjoy. Some of you may have seen my name (Autopsibiofeeder, which is too long for this forum) at the WotC or BG forums. I was drawn here initially by the strip of course and am still hanging around because of that, but decided to sign up because I like the atmosphere on this forum. Am primarily a lurker, though, so do not expect too much posts from me :) .

I am from Holland, been playing DnD since 2E in more or less the same group for 12-13 years or so. As such I am very much stuck in a house-ruled 3.X environment, usually as DM. This is also the reason why I tend to not post a lot on forums: the style of play we developed likely differs some from that of other posters and I usually don't feel like providing that context.

I am 28 years old and outside of DnD I am a guitarist in a death-metal band, a football fan and working on my Msc degree in Palaeoecology.

Cheers,

Auto
Hey, welcome to the forums.
Good to see another dutchman around here.
We were vaguely having ideas for a meet-up, so you might want to watch out for that thread if it pops up.

Welcome all. *hands out newbie kits*

Dogmantra
2009-06-19, 03:49 PM
Is that a refernce to Douglas Adams' book, Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency?

It is, I believe. This is why you an I are going to get along just fine, Jerk Dently.

Oh, and you other guys, go away, I'm having Douglas Adams fan-on DA fan talk here! :smallwink:

No, hello as well, I suppose ;) Not all of us bite

billtodamax
2009-06-19, 06:08 PM
Welcome to MrsBW. Here, have a cupcake. *presents cupcake* I guarrantee that there's nothing technically wrong with it.

Recaiden
2009-06-19, 07:06 PM
Hello to al of you. We're glad to have you.

DISPATER
2009-06-20, 09:44 AM
Yup, another noob here. Hello to all! :smallbiggrin:

Fredthefighter
2009-06-20, 10:02 AM
Yup, another noob here. Hello to all! :smallbiggrin:

Hi. Welcome to the playground. :smallsmile:

Miss Nobody
2009-06-20, 10:55 AM
Hey there, people of the playground.

I have been reading OOTS (great webcomic, by the way) since strip four hundred and something and I have finally decided to register. You look like a really nice community, so I think I'll have fun around here.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-20, 10:57 AM
Hey there, people of the playground.

I have been reading OOTS (great webcomic, by the way) since strip four hundred and something and I have finally decided to register. You look like a really nice community, so I think I'll have fun around here.

We are a nice community. Except for the nasty people, obviously.

Welcome!

Crafty Cultist
2009-06-20, 01:21 PM
Hi!
I'm a big dnd fan and think oots is great
I'm new to forums so i hope i get the hang of it:sigh:

billtodamax
2009-06-21, 03:21 AM
Hello CC! *glomps*
Here, have a wallet. Not sure whose it is...

ScribeofAges
2009-06-21, 09:20 AM
Hello and g'mornin' to everyone out there in the Playground!:smallsmile:

Flickerdart
2009-06-21, 09:41 AM
Mornin', Scribey. Though for a number of people here it's more of an afternoon now, and others yet would be asleep. One or two, at this time, exist in a space outside space and thus do not experience temporal effects at all. Generally, it's best to avoid those people, they tend to be very snobby about it.

Cire II
2009-06-21, 04:25 PM
Hello all:smallsmile:
It's 10:30pm at the moment for me.

Blackknight1239
2009-06-21, 07:33 PM
Sup, guys? Most clearly new here. I've been lurking for a number of weeks, so I figure I might as well register and intro myself. So...hi!

(not bad for a getting a 4...)

Raharu
2009-06-21, 09:20 PM
Hullo everyone, I'm new here... so I'm posting!

Haven't been lurking, just found this place through a google search while looking for D20 stats to use for a Neutronium Golem, and figured "Hey, I like OoTS, why not sign up?" So here I am.

shazza95
2009-06-21, 10:28 PM
welcome to gitp.

Raharu
2009-06-21, 10:41 PM

billtodamax
2009-06-22, 01:35 AM
WEEE! Fresh meat! New people! Have a cat! It's name is Reginald.

Blackknight1239
2009-06-22, 02:10 AM
WEEE! Fresh meat! New people! Have a cat! It's name is Reginald.

Aww, dude! Just what I was wanted! A cat named Reginald! ...Wait, does he eat ice cream?

billtodamax
2009-06-22, 02:37 AM
I suppose if you had eaten some ice cream beforehand... :smalltongue:

Blackknight1239
2009-06-22, 02:37 AM
....Awesome!

BlueWizard
2009-06-22, 04:53 AM
:smallcool::smallcool::smallcool:

Seracain
2009-06-22, 08:11 PM
Long time reader, sometimes lurker here. Figured I'd finally register.

Might try out one of the play by post games, long been curious about them. :smallbiggrin:

Logalmier
2009-06-22, 08:13 PM
Long time reader, sometimes lurker here. Figured I'd finally register.

Might try out one of the play by post games, long been curious about them. :smallbiggrin:

HOORAY! We're always looking for more play by post gamers!:smallwink:

Realchaos
2009-06-23, 08:53 PM
Hiya, glad to be a part of the awesome website. Thanks for the Great comics Mr. Rich. OOTS ftw!

hollywoodb1
2009-06-23, 10:13 PM
Hello! Been reading these comics for a good while now(I agree with you, realchaos, OotS is awesome), but just decided to join these forums. I hope it is worth it. :smallsmile:

Diavolo
2009-06-24, 08:43 AM
Hi Folks.
Hoping this a satisfactory execution of the Newbie Self-Introduction obligation,
I remain,

Yours truly,

WyrdWeazel
2009-06-24, 03:26 PM
Hello, I've had OOTS in my webcomic rotation for a good while now, if I remember right it was just before the hotel explosion in the Miko arc. I've since bought all five books and just now bothered to make an account, heh.

So...hi!

Ormur
2009-06-24, 06:22 PM
Hi, I'm pretty new to D&D and though I'd stop by for some advice.

Khaeta
2009-06-24, 07:01 PM
Advice. Advice advice advice. Is that enough, or do you want more :smallbiggrin:? Oh, also, I'm finally back from my homework hiatus (for all, say, 2 or 3 of you that noticed).

bloodlover
2009-06-25, 05:22 AM
Hello :) New guy here ^.^

billtodamax
2009-06-25, 05:28 AM
What''s that...
Up there, can you see it?
That little dot, growing bigger.
Looks like it's falling.
It's coming closer.
Hey... it's a person.
Is he gonna be alright?
He's falling from quite a way up.
Looks like he's angling this way.
Hang on... He's getting closer.
Arms outstretched.
Wait, here he comes.
Few seconds now.
*Supermegaultraglomp!*
Welcome Bloodlover!

JediSoth
2009-06-25, 12:47 PM
Hello. Been around the 'net, now I'm checking this forum out.

starconspirator
2009-06-25, 08:06 PM
Hi, howdy, hello!

I've been reading Oots for months, working my way through the archives and loving every minute of it. Today, I finally caught up!

And now I will wait patiently for the next installment and poke around the playground.

LordSintax
2009-06-25, 08:50 PM
welcome and suchlike.

Bojiba
2009-06-25, 10:58 PM
Hi there, everyone!(or at least everyone who's reading this thread to welcome all us newbies)

I've been reading OOTS for about a year, now. After being wowed by the end of book 1 of erfworld, I decided it was time to finally start posting.

I hope to have a lot of fun here for a long time to come! :smallbiggrin:

Chrono22
2009-06-26, 08:27 AM
Hello. Been around the 'net, now I'm checking this forum out.
Welcome on H!

Humbog
2009-06-26, 03:20 PM
Hello there everybody, I'm here because the website told me to :smalleek:

Well, who am I?
I've been coming here to read OOTS and browse the forums (the latter, admittedly, starter shortly after the former) since the first page was put up.

So why didn't I make an account earlier and join in the fun?
Eh... I don't really feel like I know enough about roleplaying or D&D for that sake to have anything worthwhile or interesting to add to any discussion. Yep, that's it.

But now I've made an account anyway?
Yes, it must be admitted, what lured me away from lurking was (if you're not prepared for SHOCK and HORROR, do call an ambulance and tell them to be on hold) a thread about Superman fighting Son Goku...
It really is a bit sad.. innit? :smallfrown:

Khaeta
2009-06-26, 03:28 PM
Hello and welcome to all! Dunno where Assasin89 is, so here are your survival kits
*gives survival kits*
and cookies
*gives cookies*
and live badger
*desperately throws his hands in front of his face in a useless attempt to defend himself*
hmm...I think he left the last one out on purpose. Oh well.

Misguided Hero
2009-06-27, 01:53 AM
Hello, I'm new here (as if it wasn't obvious enough).

I've been reading OOTS since around strip 250, and I finally decided to join the forums just recently.

billtodamax
2009-06-27, 02:41 AM
HI! Here's a catfish. It'll only bite if you breathe!
*hands catfish*
Oh, and here's a batman outfit.
*hands batman outfit*

bloodlover
2009-06-27, 03:21 AM
Greetings and welcome

Asf
2009-06-27, 05:32 PM
Hello everyone! *salutes*
I'v been reading this comic for about half a year and decided to join at last.

SiukiSwordsman
2009-06-27, 08:40 PM
Hello new members

TheLibrarian
2009-06-27, 08:51 PM
Hello dear peoples

K for Kobold
2009-06-27, 11:53 PM
Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself. I play D&D 3.5 as a DM and as a player. Right now I am at the end of running one campaign and at the beginning a new Urban Game campaign. I have read GITP forums before and have created an account to join in the discussion and to get into some games online.

Hope to see you around,

K for Kobold

Fencing Fool
2009-06-28, 07:56 AM
Hi. I've been reading the comics 2 years, found the forums 3 months ago and finally got an account yesterday.

And no, I do not play DnD (but I want to).

Fredthefighter
2009-06-28, 08:43 AM
Welcome one and welcome all. I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do not feed the Lolcats. :smallbiggrin:

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-28, 08:44 AM
Hello TheLibrarian! Hello K for Kobold! And hello Fencing Fool! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Would you prefer the cookies, the cake, the fishy sticks, or the sheet metal? I've got them all laid out on this table over here... well, actually, I guess I have the sheet metal in that shed out back, but I'll go get some if you want it. :smalltongue:

Nerocite
2009-06-28, 11:03 AM
Haze the new guy!
Don't haze the new guy.

Torgoth99
2009-06-28, 05:48 PM
The cake is a lie!
i bet the sheet metal is the only edible thing of those options. :smallbiggrin:

btw, ello. :smallwink:

Lord_Goat
2009-06-28, 11:11 PM
Good morning, er.... the city in which you live!

Having read Oots from start to finish at least three times, I thought it was time to explore the forums.

Recaiden
2009-06-28, 11:59 PM
It's not morning. Good evening to you all new people.

billtodamax
2009-06-29, 01:56 AM
Good afternoon new members! Pogo-sticks for all!

Baldiman
2009-06-29, 12:29 PM
Howdy y'all. I'm another one who checks every day whether the next OOTS strip is out. Recently I've been scanning the forums & decided to take the plunge today. I'm planning to have fun inflicting my weird sense of humour on people :smallwink:

A Rainy Knight
2009-06-29, 12:35 PM
Heya Baldiman! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Weird sense of humor, eh? Bring it on, I'll out-weird you like a spotted lemur leading a mambo line in protest of rising tangerine prices. :smalltongue:

Cuthbertson
2009-06-29, 12:41 PM
Hi All!

Been reading OOTS since last summer and am only getting around to participating in the forums now... :redface:

I have to admit that since I would be classified as being Basic / Expert / First Edition D&D (Woah! 80s Flashback! ), a lot of the modern mechanics are a bit lost on me, but I do appreciate good storytelling...

Feats? Epic Level Spells? Oh my!!

MoonBeam
2009-06-29, 02:05 PM
Hi everyone! :smile:

I registered just few days ago and wanted to greet you all and introduce myself.

I do not play "real" D&D games (although I'd like to), but I enjoy playing computer RPGs with D&D settings (BG, IWD, NWN).

I've been reading this awesome comic (OotS) since strip 326 came out.

billtodamax
2009-06-29, 08:22 PM
Welcome moonbeam and Cuthbertson! Enjoy your time here, here's some life jackets for the spring floods, and heres some bacon for distracting the rats.

Talon Sky
2009-06-29, 11:03 PM
Hello. I've been a fan of OotS for a long while and finally got around to joining the forum, obviously.

I'm an avid D&D player as well as a fairly talented DM. I've never played PbP, but it's something that looks appetizing ^_-

Dogmantra
2009-06-30, 04:08 AM
Howdy Talon Sky.

Howdy everyone else, who've already had "Howdy" said to them

I shall now stop using the word "Howdy".

Fredthefighter
2009-06-30, 04:17 AM
Howdy Talon Sky.

Howdy everyone else, who've already had "Howdy" said to them

I shall now stop using the word "Howdy".

There's nothing wrong with the word "Howdy", my best friend (in RL) pretty much has it as his catchphrase. :smallbiggrin:
Yes, he has replaced "Hello" with "Howdy" and "Goodbye"... with "Unhowdy". :smallbiggrin:

Talon Sky
2009-06-30, 09:16 AM
There's nothing wrong with the word "Howdy", my best friend (in RL) pretty much has it as his catchphrase. :smallbiggrin:
Yes, he has replaced "Hello" with "Howdy" and "Goodbye"... with "Unhowdy". :smallbiggrin:

Unhowdy? I'm gonna have to use that sometime ;p

Thank you.

Ohgodtherats
2009-06-30, 02:43 PM
Hi! I'm new. My name is Jared and, um, I actually have been reading Erfworld like a fiend for a while now. I'm a sucker for weird "reality" injected in my fantasy.
Also, I kind of have my own website. But, um yeah. Don't worry about it.

Did I say hello already?
:looks up:
oop.

Hello!

Fredthefighter
2009-06-30, 02:46 PM
Unhowdy? I'm gonna have to use that sometime ;p

Thank you.

No problem.

billtodamax
2009-06-30, 06:29 PM
Hi! I'm new. My name is Jared and, um, I actually have been reading Erfworld like a fiend for a while now. I'm a sucker for weird "reality" injected in my fantasy.
Also, I kind of have my own website. But, um yeah. Don't worry about it.

Did I say hello already?
:looks up:
oop.

Hello!

Welcome! I'd give you some fly paper, but I'm stuck. :smallfrown::smalltongue:

Ehoron
2009-06-30, 10:09 PM
So....

>.>

<.<

What up?

billtodamax
2009-06-30, 10:21 PM
Weee! New person!
*Glomps*
HI!

Ehoron
2009-06-30, 10:26 PM
^.- What's the CR on a mime?

billtodamax
2009-06-30, 10:29 PM
That's a good question. take Pi, and divide it by 0.42, then times it by 42. That's probably pretty close.

L'intrigant
2009-07-01, 11:14 AM
A member for less than two hours, and already glomped by a mime. Way to go, E.

ken
2009-07-01, 05:46 PM
Just posting for the first time - Been reading forever (seems like) but never got around to it until now...

ken

billtodamax
2009-07-01, 07:05 PM
There are plenty of glomps for everyone! WEEEEE!
*group glomps ken and L'intrigant*
I'm not letting go.

Rouge Iz Tarp!
2009-07-01, 07:14 PM
Hey, glad to be a part of the family. I was basically catching heck for every moment I wasn't on board of this forum.
I've yet to figure what use I can be put to, but I'm on it.

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-01, 08:29 PM
Hey Rouge! Welcome to the Playground. :smallsmile:

Don't worry, I'll find a use for you. I could put you to work in my secret diamond mines, or I could harvest your organs. :smalltongue:

HellfireLover
2009-07-02, 02:43 AM
/de-lurks

Um, hi. I signed up ages ago, and then promptly forgot my log-in. (I remembered it again when I tried to re-register with the same username...)

I think I'll be happy here. :smallwink:

/runs back to lurker safety zone

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 02:50 AM
A sorta new maybe member? Bwah?
*Glomps*
You have confused me. For that I award an orange star-shaped sticker.
*Presents sticker*

HellfireLover
2009-07-02, 03:57 AM
Yaay! A sticker! Thanks you!

*sticks sticker to forehead and dances like a loony*

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 04:04 AM
*contemplates*
*films*
*files away under "blackmail"*