PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

BlindFreak
2007-07-30, 10:10 PM
Hello OOTS World. Finally got around to making an account. Been reading the forums for a while though :smallbiggrin:

Hell Puppi
2007-07-30, 11:09 PM
I would give you cookies, but I eated them.

Welcome to the forums! Get to posting!:smallannoyed:

dark-sage 95
2007-07-31, 03:37 PM
hi i'm fairly new and if anyone wouldent mind helping a newbe please hows the pointage, cookie, ____ in the playground, etc stuff work?

Immovablepotts
2007-07-31, 04:00 PM
Hello! Great Comic

Arameus
2007-07-31, 04:06 PM
I made but a single post when I joined two years back, despite being a die-hard OOTS fan. I hope to become a bit more active in the forum now!

Zar Peter
2007-07-31, 04:31 PM
hi i'm fairly new and if anyone wouldent mind helping a newbe please hows the pointage, cookie, ____ in the playground, etc stuff work?

Cookies are good and the pointage is doing well :smallbiggrin: .

Serious: If you have problems with some thread rules try to send a PM to the starter of the thread. It's a very nice board here, no one will be offended if you ask a question.
And if you are going to post in the SMBG please read the rules and obey the three post rule.

Oh, and welcome.

And welcome to all the other new ones, too! I hope you have a great time here!

ReluctantReaper
2007-08-01, 12:35 AM
Hello:smallsmile:

Antamar
2007-08-02, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone. I've been reading OotS for awhile now and thought I should start posting.

LostOne27
2007-08-02, 09:25 PM
Mmmm, hi. The board RPGs finally made me register...:smallwink:

So...ya.

Atomicfrog
2007-08-02, 09:27 PM
Hi folks! I'm new and i like it. :smallbiggrin:

Hell Puppi
2007-08-03, 12:27 AM
oooh a frog!
*licks*
awww...wrong kind of frog....:smallannoyed:

Mongo 900 B.C
2007-08-03, 09:13 AM
i hope i put in my avatar code right... and hello

DANGIT

Toxicwave
2007-08-03, 12:34 PM
Hi from a newcomer. :D

MountainKing
2007-08-03, 12:58 PM
Right then, introductions. Being relatively grounded in reality, my name is Josh, and I'm twenty years old. I've been playing D&D and other roleplaying games for a combined period of... oh, six years. I've always loved writing creatively, and I've been a fan of OotS since probably early '05. I finally decided to register here because I'm at work, and am thus bored, and also because I'd like to maybe form another creative outlet or two by hopefully joining a campaign.

I've been posting on various message boards with a handful of nicknames, though I've only been mountainking before, so, hopefully this will bring in a new era of awesome!

Also... I brought Cheetos.

Lord Herman
2007-08-03, 01:25 PM
Huzzah! Cheetos!

Welcome, everyone. If you're hungry or thirsty, you can find the vending machine in the Silly Message Board Games forum.

ArinyaAiwë
2007-08-03, 02:22 PM
Hullo! I have been lurking in the forums, and following Order of the Stick, for some time now, and have finally signed up to post. :)
I am currently an undergrad college student in physics, graduating next year if all goes well :D, and have been playing D&D for almost two years. Also, Order of the Stick is one of my friends' most beloved and referenced comics. Glad to meet you all!

Medardo
2007-08-04, 07:22 AM
Greetings people :smile:

I've been reading the order of the stick like for a year but I decided to register only now. What can I say, it's one of the funnyer comics I have ever read. I laugh so hard every time I read it, it is really one of the very few things that make me laugh from the inner of my heart. (from the "hearts of hearts" is more correct maybe? :P)
Really this is genuine fun!

Ciao gente :)

Skaroq
2007-08-04, 03:05 PM
Greetings, benevolent hosts! I wish that we all may share a long-lasting alliance!

Sorloc
2007-08-04, 05:16 PM
...Hello everyone! I've been a fan of OotS for a while now, just never felt compelled to join the forum, but now that has changed...

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-08-04, 10:10 PM
Start compulsory introduction...NOW!
Hey, all. As it may be quite obvious ( and I do so love stating the obvious) I am new to these forums and to OotS in general.
Forgive me, I was just now allowed my own personal computer without restricted internets, which does crack down on web comic-reading time.
Anyways, I consider myself experienced in forums, so, hopefully, I won't shame too many of you.
And, um...
END INTRODUCTION!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-04, 10:13 PM
Why hello and welcome to the forum, now head to the Town. All of you.

Especially you, QueenOfMemnoch.

Danflor
2007-08-05, 04:17 PM
Hi! My name is Danflor and I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain! :smallbiggrin:

Thrawn
2007-08-05, 05:44 PM
Hi i r herez, i will pwn u with my magiks.

lol

jk hi all i look forward to a good match or two

Omega_Goo
2007-08-05, 06:11 PM
Well, I say Hello!

Edit: Whoops! I was in such a rush I didn't say anything about myself...

Anyway, I do all sorts of random stuff, from singing to swinging to beating all of my friends at Super Smash Bros to losing to them at Halo...

I do everything except watch movies and playing sports...

And Order of the Stick got me into a Board Gaming Group! Yay!

EmeraldRose
2007-08-05, 06:45 PM
*Comes in to welcome all the New People!*

Hello New People!!!

:smallbiggrin:

Maestus
2007-08-05, 07:03 PM
Greetings! I will now relate to you the bizarre story of how I came across this most glorious of websites.

I am a regular lurker on the Forgotten Realms message board and with nothing to do at one time I read a a number of letters to the creators that stumped them, the most predominate type of question was related to the Tarrasque and were generally about breeding an army of them or controlling it. I knew very little about the Tarrasque really, save theres only one and it eats everything, instead of reaching across the room to consult my copy of the monster manual I chose to look it up on wikipedia. at the bottom of the entry on the creature I read a reference to the OOTS about a belief that the Monster in the Darkness is a Tarrasque, this of course led me to the site after reading the favorable entry in wiki. I've actually read all the comics, stories and articles on the site and have been reading a number of posts. I enjoy the site so much I wanted to join and be an active poster, my interests vary but most of them boil down to something to do with fantasy, books, rpgs, anything fantasy.

dragon_masterd
2007-08-05, 07:24 PM
Hey I'm new here... (As You can See) Well I'm many a OOTS Guy, Read almost all of em, and I do some various stuff like dnd, DragonFable, Used to do WOW. So Anyway, Hi.

-Dragon

Lady Tialait
2007-08-05, 09:02 PM
Well, hello I'm Tialait..hope you guys get to like me..hehe

louisb
2007-08-05, 09:43 PM
Hi all my name is Louis and i am from colorado . i used to play a lot of 2nd ed ad&d and simply feel a little baffled by the 3.0 and 3.5 system with the feats and prc's .so i am hoping to get some insight .

I also like champions , shadowrun , whitewolf .I like Bolo cybertank stories.

Paragon Badger
2007-08-06, 01:32 AM
Man, did this name take awhile to come up with...

Although really, I wanted to do 'Paragon Half-fiend Vampire Badger' ^_^

freakshow
2007-08-06, 05:24 AM
im travelling thru time to see a giant where am I tell me sumthin please what is this place im curious?!:smallconfused:
i want to play

Griemont
2007-08-06, 11:25 AM
Heh, I'm such a newb that I missed the newb thread. :smallredface:

Anyway, hi. :smallsmile: I like spleens. And Iron Man. And kumquats. And toothpicks that you can use more than once without breaking.

Glad to be here. :smallbiggrin:

thedavo
2007-08-06, 05:48 PM
hi, i'm new.

ben101
2007-08-06, 06:18 PM
helllllllllllllloooooooooo and thank you for the help and support I've so far received
Ben

Lord Spike
2007-08-06, 07:52 PM
Reckon it's time to say hello...

"Hello!" :smallbiggrin:

Thanks for letting me participate. OotS is awesome!

Deth Muncher
2007-08-06, 09:48 PM
Hullo all. Long time reader of OOTS, and finally decided to make one of these Forum Profile thingummys.

Bleen
2007-08-07, 11:25 AM
A) Hi. I'm new here. Been readings OoTS for a while and do a little bit of gaming here and there.

B) Where are the refreshments?

Lord Herman
2007-08-07, 11:30 AM
Hi everybody, and welcome to the OOTS boards.

Bleen, you can find refreshments at the vending machine, conveniently located in the Silly Message Board Games forum.

Liwen
2007-08-07, 01:41 PM
Why is it the sixth welcome thread by the way?...

So hello, I am me, also known has myself and the new guy. I've got a name, but I won't waste valuable and theorically unlimited virtual space to write it, since it's already written somewhere to the left of this post, along with an avatar I can't see until I post my first reply, strangely enough.

I've been reading OotS for a few months and I found it very entertaining, dispite the negative opinion of my younger brother who seems devoted into convincing me that anything I do is a waste of time. :smallannoyed:

So yeah, I finnaly dicided to resgister in this forum so I could make comments about OOTS. Consequently, it is very likely that you'll see some of my posts in the OOTS's discussion thread.

I don't know much about the type of rpg on which the webcomic is based hovewer, especially the d20, d10, d12 and other types of d things. I'd like to learn more about it, so if someone with a very generous and patient personnality could give me a detailed explanations of link me to some of these, that'll be great.

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 04:28 PM
We here at GitP retire threads at page 50, to make that thread anew in a shmexier, leaner form, until such time as it reaches page 50 and is slaughtered to provide food for shmexier, leaner thread number two. THAT'S why this is the sixth welcome thread.

As for DnD, it can take a lot of explaining. Suffice it to say that it is a roleplaying game where you take the role (hence the name) of some character, who with the help of randomly rolled statistics will go out and battle monsters or something. It's a bit daunting, but most of the rules can be found a la here (http://www.d20srd.org/).

The game lasts indefinitely and combat takes place. Everything else is theory.

Welcome to GitP.

Lucky
2007-08-07, 04:31 PM
We here at GitP retire threads at page 50, to make that thread anew in a shmexier, leaner form, until such time as it reaches page 50 and is slaughtered to provide food for shmexier, leaner thread number two. THAT'S why this is the sixth welcome thread.

It's like dumping someone for their hotter, younger sister. :smallcool:

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 04:33 PM
Except....we vicously devour the older one?
I'm pretty sure we'd get arrested relatively fast.

Tiffanie Lirle
2007-08-07, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone, just joined up after quite a bit of lurking and such.
..erm...Right I don't know what else to type so..thats that then.

Defiled_Knight
2007-08-08, 04:37 AM
Hello there!, i have been reading the order of the stick from the past month now, and i have finished it just last week.
I was interested on the forums so i decided to be a member.
And i have a lot of questions to ask, like where do i ask for signature and avatar requests?
does this site use BB code?
well i hope i will have a good time here.
(i'm just acting as a goody-goody guy :p):smallbiggrin:

sbeilin
2007-08-09, 10:50 AM
Hello =) :smallsmile:

Half_Cow
2007-08-09, 11:12 AM
Hello everybody

Lord Herman
2007-08-09, 11:21 AM
Welcome, everyone!

And i have a lot of questions to ask, like where do i ask for signature and avatar requests?
You can request an OOTS style avatar here. I guess you can also request a sig picture there.

does this site use BB code?
Yes. You can find a list of available tags here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode).

Vasdenjas
2007-08-09, 11:35 AM
Hello everyone! Long time OotS reader, but just signing up for postage now. Nice to make you acquaintences.

I'm mostly a lurker :mitd: anyways, but I'll post a bit here and there. :biggrin:

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-09, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone! Long time OotS reader, but just signing up for postage now. Nice to make you acquaintences.

I'm mostly a lurker :mitd: anyways, but I'll post a bit here and there. :biggrin:

Hallo, Vas. Warn you, I do--- you'll most likely not remain a lurker once you hit the PbP boards. Heh, lurking was how I began as well...

Oh, and to all ye new folk! Please read the Forum Rules very, very well!

Enjoy your stay, y'all!

Cirkux
2007-08-09, 12:07 PM
Hello all

What a goldmine of stuff there is to sift through here, thanks for the effort you guys! Have been reading OOTS for donkeys years but didn't bother joining the forum until now when I joined a 3.5 ed campaign after not having played since my 2ed AD&D days. Jaysus a lot has changed... *incredibly old*:smallconfused:

Blackdrake
2007-08-09, 03:51 PM
Hey all, I've been into Order of the Stick for a long time now, just never got around to joining the forum until now. In fact, I like it so much I've spent a good chunk of my monthly allowance on getting three of the four books out at my local gaming store (well not local but the best one in the area). So, yeah....hi! *scuttles off*

Hugo the Dwarf
2007-08-09, 05:39 PM
'ello lassys! 'end welcom to da Giantitp formum! May da Thor be wit ye!

MacPuck
2007-08-09, 07:04 PM
Heya. I've been reading OotS for a while now and just got around to joining.

SkanMan
2007-08-09, 07:36 PM
:smallbiggrin: heya skan checkin in and as I have never really posted anything in here before I figured, the new members thread was a good place to start

Rockphed
2007-08-09, 08:26 PM
Greeting! Welcome! Salutations and Cookies! May your stay with us be joyful and productive! May your departure be delayed by all sorts of good things. Now go forth and have fun!!

KrisZ
2007-08-09, 10:30 PM
Hello. Kris here. I love Webcomics,especially OOTS.

Hellbunny
2007-08-09, 11:12 PM
*waves* Eh, so yeah... Hi, all! Haven't decided on who or what to make into an avatar for these forums as of yet... How's it going? >_>

Mongo 900 B.C
2007-08-10, 10:06 AM
Hi! im new to the forums but ive read since comic #1 :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Edit) woot my avatar worked man looks cool :)

ugh i keep forgetting to finish my sentences ill accept requests for avatars a sample of my work below acccpcting any newer members or old ones pmed requests Also my curent avvys mine too:smallbiggrin:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z211/Lane12345678910/Mummy.png

Volpa
2007-08-10, 01:17 PM
Hey All,
I have a home brew species I would like to share but it is of substantial length. Is this an appropriate forum?
Thanks,
Volpa

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 01:25 PM
Volpa, there's a Homebrew forum under DnD. And god, yes, this is the appropriate place. We're packed full of random races n' such. Good luck.

And to everyone else, Harrow to y'all! Enjoy your stay in our little slice of the tubes.

Leliel
2007-08-10, 02:56 PM
Hello, been lurking around a bunch of internet forums for awhile, and its about time I registered.

DrBiz
2007-08-10, 06:51 PM
Howdy folks

splintered1
2007-08-12, 02:08 AM
It was worth joining just to get the cool barbarian avatar!

Happy to be here.

Kevin

Pan narrans
2007-08-12, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone!
I've never posted here before, even though I've followed OotS for years and lurked around the forum absorbing your wisdom. Time to start contributing my own - no, wait, I still haven't got any. Oh well, at least this way I can phrase specific questions.:smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2007-08-12, 09:49 AM
*steps up to the podium*

Welcome to all the new faces in the crown! If you feel the need to ask questions, go ahead, we won't bite! Well, most of us anyway...if someone does...just bite them back! Or stab or whatever...

Cookies and coffee are on the side table as well as other forms of refreshment. Eat the pie at your own risk. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome!

robotrobot2
2007-08-12, 12:44 PM
:smallsmile: Hi everybody!!
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say that OOTS is awesome!
Also, how do get a signature?

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-12, 12:50 PM
:smallsmile: Hi everybody!!
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say that OOTS is awesome!
Also, how do get a signature?

You go to User CP, click Edit Signature and start editing it!

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 12:53 PM
When I was new I didn't post here. I suppose it's a bit late now...

Zimmia
2007-08-12, 04:52 PM
Oooo... Zimmi gets to say hello! Zimmi loves to say hello and meets new people! Hi! Will you be my friend? Wanna hang out later? Can I have that?

*mild scuffle ensues, ending in dull thump*

Sorry about that - sometimes she gets a little excited. Anyway I'm new here although I'd been reading OOTS for more than a year - update days are one of the highlights of my work week.

At any rate we're both happy to be here :smallsmile:

Susil
2007-08-12, 04:55 PM
Hey guys!

Been a reader of the comic for a few years now, and a lurker (there, I said it... sorry!) on the forums a bit less than that - looks like a great community, like few I've seen on the net. Glad to be joining!

Oh, and I'm sure it goes without saying that OOTS rules.... :smallwink:

An Kat Dubh
2007-08-12, 05:34 PM
Hi, I'm Katie. Short-time lurker, first time poster. *wavewave*

I pretty much had to make an account before my head got blown off by blackout. And because I wanted him to STFU. :smallbiggrin:

Annnyways...>.> Yeep. Looks pretty nice around here. ^^; Dunno what else to say really.

iowind
2007-08-12, 10:27 PM
Hi
I've been reading OOts for quite awhile now, but never got to the forum

Gearsmith
2007-08-13, 09:49 AM
Hey, all. I've been lurking a little, while I wait for the new strips to update-- but the conversations are too fun(ny?) to resist.

Long live the Order of the Stick!

-Gears

(Proud owner of all the OOTS books to date.):smallbiggrin:

Shademan
2007-08-13, 02:52 PM
greetings lads! Came all the way from the frozen norths to talk to 'ya so be nice, and remember to share the mead! RAWR!

Badgerish
2007-08-13, 03:08 PM
coulda sworn i had registered here already, oh well.

<waves>

Hi OoTS and co.

i'm looking to meet more people and socialze more... so therefore i'm on the internet. makes sense to me :smalltongue:

RationalGoblin
2007-08-14, 04:45 PM
/stanleeWelcome newcomers and lurkers alike! /stanlee

All of us at the Playground welcome you! Except Lucky. In his own words,

"I am so tempted to push you face first into the sandbox right now. It's actually quite hard to resist."

So, have fun, I hear the Friendly Banter forum is nice, and we always need more people in Arts and Crafts. Just stay away from Lucky. :smallbiggrin:

I hope that many of you will become great members of the forums!

xfallenx4xlifex
2007-08-14, 07:51 PM
hello and i'm totally lost here

Jelihi
2007-08-15, 04:36 PM
Hi There! I'm new to the forums, but not new to OotS. Love the comic and the humor in it. :) I recently bought an OotS tshirt - the evilgasm/Xykon one and it's hilarious. I just need to find somewhere to wear it. :P Ooh and I bought the new book too, it's great. :)

MR.F
2007-08-16, 03:54 AM
hello everyone.

MrAdventure
2007-08-16, 10:52 AM
Good day to you all. Longtime comic reader, firsttime poster :smallbiggrin:

My name comes from Star Trek III. Kudos if you figured that out (and Paydays if you don't).

I recently picked up the OOTS game, and my group is still working out the mechanics/logistics of it. We spend too much time BSing amongst ourselves and have avoided player in-fighting, but maybe we're missing out.

Anyhow, happy to be here.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-16, 12:25 PM
Hey people. Welcome and enjoy. Watch out for pies, stabbities and white text.
*blows trumpet fanfare*

TheShadowSage
2007-08-16, 02:28 PM
Hey all,

I've read the Order of the Stick for a while, played D&D even longer, and my curiosity of these forums sparked recently (when I peeled myself away from the addiction of World of WarCraft).

I am The Shadow Sage, an alias around since age 8 or so, when I first played Zelda: Ocarina of Time and became scared of the Shadow Temple. I substitute Impa with my own character for the purposes of letting my own imagination run free.

Anyways, nice to meet you all, I hope to make some friendships here.

odruktarkus
2007-08-16, 03:07 PM
Hello guys long time reader first time poster! love the strip harkens me back to the days of old when my buds and I would game pen and paper style for days in a row living on pizza, chips and soda! We still get the sessions on when we can but not as much as we'd like 8) . It appears my age has snuck up on me

AFGNCAAP
2007-08-16, 08:18 PM
Well, since this is the proper place for it...

Hello, I'm AFGNCAAP. Long-time reader, first-time poster. I'm a big fan of the comic, & I'm about as old as D&D itself (well, almost as old--I think it beats me in age by a few months).

Figured I'd join the boards & become part of the community.

Chaos_Theory
2007-08-16, 10:09 PM
Hello all! My names Cam and i guees ill be sing alot more of you all. Love the comic and love the forum. Later

BloodfangTheRed
2007-08-16, 10:34 PM
Greetings everyone! I just recently came to descover OoTS thanks to a few people from over on the Dragonlance.com board.
Well, off I go to continue exploring the Playground!

Vonriel
2007-08-16, 10:37 PM
Welcome Welcome Welcome!

Welcome one and all, to the fabulous Giant in the Playground forums!

Purpley
2007-08-17, 07:53 AM
This comic is great! I've recently discovered OOTS and I love it!!
It took me a while to catch up to 482, and now I'm suffering while waiting for the next one (so used to reading a strip and moving to the next one right away)

*twitch*

Shneakay
2007-08-17, 02:09 PM
:smalltongue: Hi! ... Hi! ... Hi! ...:smallbiggrin:

fathercleric
2007-08-18, 04:53 AM
Hullo! I love Durkon and Vaarsuvius. That's all.

Drella Horror
2007-08-18, 06:52 PM
Hi! I'm Drella Horror, and I've been reading OOTS for a little over a year now. I also managed to get my brother and father hooked. I've had my Holy Trinity (Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual) for a few years now, but sadly haven't been able to find a decent campaign. Curse all my friends and their GURPS.
Oh, yeah, Thog's my favorite.

Dr._Weird
2007-08-19, 10:24 AM
Hi! I'm Drella Horror, and I've been reading OOTS for a little over a year now. I also managed to get my brother and father hooked. I've had my Holy Trinity (Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual) for a few years now, but sadly haven't been able to find a decent campaign. Curse all my friends and their GURPS.
Oh, yeah, Thog's my favorite.

We've got some running on this very forum!

Welcome one and all, to the wonderful... I'm not doing this whole circus thing. Hey.

Fay Graydon
2007-08-19, 04:30 PM
Hello, i'm new to the forum.

KillianHawkeye
2007-08-19, 04:30 PM
Hello Everyone!

I discovered this site about a month ago and since I finished reading all the old OoTS comics, I have been reading a bunch of these forum postings. I finally got a reason to register an account today when I found a thread that hadn't been completely resolved and still had a little room for input...

It's great how there are so many knowledgeable and experienced people here, and I hope I will someday truly join their ranks.

Also, this is the most mature foum I have ever seen. Ever. :smallsmile:

Karl Masterson
2007-08-19, 10:31 PM
Just testing the dice code. Gods am I behind the times.. finding out, gee play by post..

1d10+14

1d20-3

Here is hoping this works

Scatman
2007-08-19, 11:27 PM
Uhm.Nope.It didnt.

Scatman welcomes one and all to the Giantitp forums!Have a good stay, and make sure to feed me many cookies!!

*cough*Cookies*cough*

Lord Herman
2007-08-20, 02:29 AM
Welcome, new people.

And erm... Scatman? You're supposed to GIVE cookies in the welcome thread, not ask for them. *gives cookies to the new people*

peregrino
2007-08-20, 09:20 AM
Hello. I be Nina by real name, also known as sprout by a select group of friends and pilgrim by people on BAUT forum, for anyone from there who's also here. How's all?

logan9a
2007-08-20, 05:45 PM
I like the comics!

Flax
2007-08-20, 08:28 PM
Well met. After reading the rules, I've discovered this is a rather tightly ran forum, and I approved so much I figured I'd join. So I did. Now, here I am, without much to say. Except to the person who mentioned GURPS, and friends who play it instead of the system she prefers... I can teach you if you want... come over to the dark side. (Or the light side, or the starboard side, whatever...)
Right... Drella Horror, and a can of Campbell's soup... I have a nice program (yes freeware) that can do a complete GURPS character for you if you want to skip character creation learning. :)

Zuzu
2007-08-20, 10:09 PM
Hey!

So, I had too much fun with everybody at GenCon and was convinced by a few to join the boards. Just wanted to say hi to everyone; both those who I have met and those who I have not.

ttfn

Zuzu
*Better known as Indy’s Lady Friend*

kerravon
2007-08-20, 10:41 PM
This is my first post to this forum - I'm not much of a poster (no time), but I'll drop by when I can. Succinctly, OOTS has eaten my brain!!!! I can't get enough of it. I've already read all the on-line comics and bought the two prequel books (which I love), but I want MORE! Hence, reading the forums, listening to other fans...anybody know where I can read some good OOTS fanfic?

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-20, 10:51 PM
Hey!

So, I had too much fun with everybody at GenCon and was convinced by a few to join the boards. Just wanted to say hi to everyone; both those who I have met and those who I have not.

ttfn

Zuzu

Zuzu! *hugs* Welcome to the madness. Try not to fireball me, please? :smalltongue:

Amalith
2007-08-20, 11:45 PM
Hi all, finally joined the forums today, after following the comic for a long time.

Damon Threehorn
2007-08-20, 11:55 PM
Hello.
I am pleased to join my first forum here with the oots.

yay!

I love the comic and find it so refreshing that it has gotten me to want to get out the old books and do some playing - though I refuse to consider any of that 3.567 crap as it reminds me too much of pie from when I had math class. Though, thinking of pie does make me hungry. Hmmm....book pie.........

Anywho, I hope to laugh a lot, maybe cry a little, as I wait for the next oots strip.

P.S. Kobolds rule!

shykera
2007-08-21, 12:22 AM
Hello to all *trumpet fanfare*hi im shykera & im new & i will like if ppl will help me......thanx!!!!!:smallsmile:

Reinboom
2007-08-21, 12:24 AM
Hey!

ttfn

Zuzu

Great to see you graced us with your presence - does this retroactively increase the number of people that are official GitPers at the meet-up?
:smalltongue:

Also, a great hello to every other new person who I have not met. You are special as well. I think.

shykera
2007-08-21, 12:25 AM
hi ppl im shykera & im new so ppl plz u can help me plz!!!!!.......thanx i really appreciate it........thanx!!!!!!!:smallsmile:

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-21, 12:30 AM
hi ppl im shykera & im new so ppl plz u can help me plz!!!!!.......thanx i really appreciate it........thanx!!!!!!!:smallsmile:

Welcome. First bit of help: the people here will appreciate the Queen's own English much more than chatspeek, so it would be best to write in that. Otherwise, have fun. :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2007-08-21, 12:35 AM
Also helps if you actually tell us what you need help with... preferably after reading the FAQs and looking around.
And don't worry, I'm not really a lepracaun :smallwink:

pribnow
2007-08-21, 03:42 AM
Hello! I've been a member for some time, but I think I will start using it too from now on :smallsmile:

trancetravis
2007-08-21, 11:14 AM
I read OOTS #1 and three days later I had read them all. I fell instanlty in love with the series.

Here's to many more posts on dnd and OOTS threads!

Santino18
2007-08-22, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I got that beat, I was pointed here, and had em all read in 18 hours.

The man's brilliant.

I'm sad that Roy is dead.

Pie>Cake

Umm, what can be said about me? I'm a member of the Malton Fire Department, I've saved the world more times then I can count, I've also destroyed it more times then I can count.

Favorite Character? I gotta say :belkar:

Favorite Comic? Oratory of the Stick (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0421.html)

iamkoolerthanu
2007-08-22, 09:31 AM
WELCOME ALL NEWCOMERS!!! COME TO THE RECRUITING SECTION OF THIS FORUM AND DM OR PLAY IN D&D!!!

Also, welcome to the forums!

mythusmage
2007-08-22, 09:18 PM
Why do I get the feeling soon after this post version 7 of this thread will be going up? :)

deshrimp
2007-08-22, 10:49 PM
Hello. Im new here, but an avid gamer. Might as well stop by and say hi. As it was stated in some other forum, 'saying hi lets others know your human.' As I say, "Does the conversion of my voice to text consider me human or computer?"

ufo
2007-08-23, 09:06 AM
As I say, "Does the conversion of my voice to text consider me human or computer?"

My brain is confused.

Hullo, it is nice to see you, mister, welcome tu da in the Playground! Have a nice stay, don't accept pies from strangers, wear an inflatable vest if you venture to the Silly Message Board Games.

This post cannot be held responsible for any damage inflicted or attained by following the above tips. This post is for educational use only and may not be copied without permission. This post attains the right to sue you to hell if you use the contents of this post negatively without permission. The copyright of this post is held by this post, and this post has the contacts and methods to send you to hell. Furthermore, selling this post without permission from copyrights holder(s) will result in execution, should the accused be judged guilty. This post is not to hold responsible for any damage attained while reading this fine print.

Hegemon
2007-08-23, 02:11 PM
Hello Everyone!

Im new to the forums, but have been reading Oots since the the end of the first book.

Hope to talk with you all in the discussions!

Hobbes13
2007-08-23, 05:49 PM
Hello everybody! Long time reader (and owner of SoD and OoPCs), first time register-er.

unclejeffshow
2007-08-23, 08:24 PM
I am trying to see if the Avatar works. I don't want to be a Pixie in the playground. How do I change that?

Shirocco
2007-08-23, 10:52 PM
'ullo.

Another dwarf nut, where's the beer? C'mon, must be a few other beardies around here...

Rex Blunder
2007-08-24, 11:26 AM
Thought I'd test my icon, bbcode, etc. Hello all!

blood and thunder!

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-08-24, 02:23 PM
I haven't posted to the welcome thread in a while, and then I saw Rex Blunder had posted. My very first thought? "GODS, NOT ANOTHER REX!" That is, of the Rex Idiotorum variety. :smallwink:

Welcome, all newcomers. Some friendly advice, which I hope you'll take kindly:

1. Please read the forum rules.
2. Look before you make a new thread; one just like yours may already exist.
3. Please read the forum rules.
4. Be careful where you place your posts; various forum sections exist for a reason. :smallsmile:
5. Please read the forum rules.
6. You might want to peek at the FAQ area, too.
7. See 1, 3, and 5. :smallbiggrin:

No, I'm not a moderator. I'm not pretending to be a moderator. I'm just that nice guy who wants all the kids on the playground to play nice with one another. :smallsmile:

Lord Herman
2007-08-24, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the boards, Bor!

Wait, haven't I seen you before?

Glawackus
2007-08-24, 07:55 PM
Hi, I read Order of the Stick a long time ago and sort of lost track of it. Recently, I've had an itch to play D&D, but my usual group is going through one of those periods where everyone seems to be pulling in all different directions. I looked to the Internet in search of a good play-by-post place, and some good forums, and someone mentioned "Giant in the Playground forums". I had a little "ZOMG ORDER OF THE STICK" moment, and here I am. :P

The glawackus is an honest-to-God D'n'D type monster that used to roam around these here parts. Although I'm hesitant to use the past tense. ;)

Googlywirdo
2007-08-24, 11:17 PM
Hi, I'm new and finaly got around to getting a user, so, Yay! :smallsmile:

Azatrox
2007-08-25, 01:37 AM
Hi, everybooty! The name's Azatrox Half-Dragon, although I'm not really a half-dragon or even remotely related to a dragon... Anyway, I'm a big fan of OotS and I constantly visit the forums (especially the "Player Stupidity" and "Things I Can't Do While Gaming" threads) to get ideas for D&D sessions and for a daily dose of the funnies. Also, I'm a bit goofy now 'cuz I just finished a giant box of Nerds...

See ya in the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

lord of pixies
2007-08-25, 12:01 PM
hi im new how do u cange your avatar / and all that other stuff???????//:smallfurious: :furious: :eek:

lord of pixies
2007-08-25, 12:12 PM
x last i figured it out))))

Sonictail
2007-08-25, 04:16 PM
G'Day G'Day,

Long time reader, thought that another forum to enjoy during work was a good idea. So just going through the motions.

I hope you're all having a good one.
ST~

Fruzzle
2007-08-25, 10:10 PM
Hello everyone, I have just recently become a member of the forum. I've been reading OotS for a while now but hadn't known about the forum until a couple days ago. I'm pretty new to DnD so it might take me awhile to get the finer details of how to play but I would like to join a campaign soon. Anywho, thanks for lettin me join.

WrathOfLife
2007-08-26, 08:54 AM
Hello all you new guys, welcome to the fourms. Actually I don't think I've posted in this thread before, (I tend to lurk alot) I wonder if that makes me new too...

Fruzzle, you might want to check out the Finding Players (Recruitment) section of the forums, theres always a few games looking for players, so long as you don't mind play by post.

Glawackus, I actually joined the forums for the same reason. Silly friends seeking other hobbies apart from d&d... for shame, I tell you... Although if your after good d&d forums I'd also suggest checking out the Wizards forums. There little more intense there, but you learn about d&d in leaps and bounds (I'v being playing for 6 years now, and I'm still learning from those forums).

Anyway have a good time here everyone.

Pyro
2007-08-26, 02:31 PM
Hello newbies! I haven't been here all that long myself, but its great here. Just don't get on anyones nerves and you should be fine.

ArqArturo
2007-08-27, 03:00 AM
Well, Hi everyone, hopefully we'll get along fine. So, um... Where's the donuts?.

Mikado[xeno]
2007-08-27, 07:56 AM
Greetings all.

I just want to take a moment to thank Rich Burlew for taking the time to write and post OOTS comics.

Naik
2007-08-27, 12:31 PM
Greetings! I hail from the city of Sorla Kunka. Can someone make me an OotS-style Mind Flayer avatar that isn't angry, it's just staring ahead?

albertmalich
2007-08-27, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone.

I discovered the Order of the Stick comic through a link in a Slashdot comment about D&D 4th edition. I liked the comic immediately, and had finished the entire archive that weekend:smallbiggrin: !

Zar Peter
2007-08-27, 05:18 PM
Welcome all pixies, have a great time here!

Please read Bors post, there's truth in it, really (and remember that some forums have different rules).
And unclejeffshow: Pixie is an award, if you want a better award you have to post a little bit. But not in the SMBG, the posts there don't count (although they are great).

Lord Herman: You made my day, thank you!

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-27, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the boards, Bor!

Wait, haven't I seen you before?

That made me smile!

Welcome all new members!
I hope you all have fun here, and I advise that you read the Rules of Posting.
Those are really important.
Don't worry, I won't bite!
However, some playgrounders will, watch out for them. :smallwink:

Rookee Alding
2007-08-27, 06:33 PM
Hi, I'm Rookee W. Alding, but you can call me Rook, or RA or just about any variation of that really.

I was on some other message board and just happened to get a link here, I read one comic and just had to go back to the beginning and read every single one. took me a whole day and wouldn't you know I get interested just as the creator has to leave.

always my luck. Well, if anyone wants to be my guide feel free to give me a few pointers, I like RPG video games but I can't qualify as a true fan because I don't ever learn stuff like Names and why I have to do things. I find them fun true, but learning? Nah.

Harold
2007-08-28, 08:35 AM
Hello everybody I'm a bit new here I started early this month, and I'm already a halfling in the playground.

fleafly
2007-08-28, 09:24 AM
Hey all! I'm a new reader of OOTS and have loved every panel! I hope I get as much enjoyment out of this forum as I do the rest of the site.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-28, 09:30 AM
Welcome, pixies!!!

Cookies, anyone?

*stab* *stab* *stab
(I couldn't resist)

Serpent Stare
2007-08-28, 12:15 PM
My warmest greetings to all here as I join your exalted ranks.

I was referred to OotS by a friend of mine, the same who originally pointed me in the direction of 8-Bit Theatre (but that was much longer ago). I find here even more jokes that I understand much better, being myself a follower of D&D much more than Final Fantasy. Not to mention a good portion of the wealth of other things the Giant has managed to spoof into his story.

I am a dungeon mistress, but admittedly a new one. My stories haunt my conversations and my NPCs haunt my imagination, but I have never played D&D long as an actual player.

Perhaps here I can rectify that. :smallwink:

Long live the Order of the Stick!
Long live the Mind of the Roleplayer!
Long live the Nac Mac Feegle, who have apparently become a popular Spoiler banner!

FoE
2007-08-28, 10:48 PM
Welcome newbies! All those wish to join the Dark Side, please file into this darkened room for your orientation video!!

(Switches on projector, slots in a documentary entitled "Evil: A Growth Industry!")

Roy666
2007-08-29, 01:57 PM
Welcome newbies! All those wish to join the Dark Side, please file into this darkened room for your orientation video!!

(Switches on projector, slots in a documentary entitled "Evil: A Growth Industry!")
mmmmm Evil... So... Erm... Yea... Hello then...

StickMan
2007-08-29, 04:23 PM
Welcome new people, try to stay away from the so called evil click they are not so much evil as Emo, there quips of evil get old after awhile. Next if anyone is mean to you just tell me and I'll smack them with a magic missile or seven.

The Ninja
2007-08-29, 10:04 PM
Howdy all, I just finished reading the ENTIRE thing and I'm already in love with OOTS. Can't wait until Sep 17th.

The Ninja

coldflameknight
2007-08-30, 04:04 AM
hi hi all just thought i would say something lol i am new here i have been following and reading both comics for a long time and love them both so i though it was high time i started saying something on that note i shall leave you

meet shield
2007-08-30, 09:12 AM
hi to everibody: I'm a new member and I have a question for all you.
I'm a spellcaster-warrior Chaotic Neutral of 15th level in a pratically no-budget ambientation (the other party are: a cleric True Neutral, a Legal Good warrior full-shot, a tank/full critical warrior Neutral Bad and a full critical warrior Chaotic Neutral).
At the beginning, we are in a normally civil war, but now everywhere you see there are Magicals Rune ( the same of create the world, the phanteon is very different) of choose a holder and give to him or her a lot of absurd power.
For example our last encounter have immunity to the energy and reduction of the damage 35. I don't talk about his damage...
Now the Legal good is the Holder of one of the Rune, The Chaotic Neutral will be The Warrior Of The Lights' Sword, and the Neutral Bad is pratically an avatar of his divinity ( a big snake-of-war).
So, cause I'm only a little Combact Mage, I tell to my DM: can i began Chaotic Bad and sell my soul for a lot of power? And him accept.
So, I ask to you: IF YOU ARE MY DM, WHAT DO YOU GIVE MY FOR MY SOUL?
Plese, plese, answer to my question: my player is in peril!

meet shield
2007-08-30, 09:52 AM
hi to everibody: I'm a new member and I have a question for all you.
I'm a spellcaster-warrior Chaotic Neutral of 15th level in a pratically no-budget ambientation (the other party are: a cleric True Neutral, a Legal Good warrior full-shot, a tank/full critical warrior Neutral Bad and a full critical warrior Chaotic Neutral).
At the beginning, we are in a normally civil war, but now everywhere you see there are Magicals Rune ( the same of create the world, the phanteon is very different) of choose a holder and give to him or her a lot of absurd power.
For example our last encounter have immunity to the energy and reduction of the damage 35. I don't talk about his damage...
Now the Legal good is the Holder of one of the Rune, The Chaotic Neutral will be The Warrior Of The Lights' Sword, and the Neutral Bad is pratically an avatar of his divinity ( a big snake-of-war).
So, cause I'm only a little Combact Mage, I tell to my DM: can i began Chaotic Bad and sell my soul for a lot of power? And him accept.
So, I ask to you: IF YOU ARE MY DM, WHAT DO YOU GIVE MY FOR MY SOUL?
Plese, plese, answer to my question: my player is in peril!

DustinTheWind
2007-08-30, 05:10 PM
Hello, everybloody! I am a complete and total noob to both DnD and this place (though I have been following OOTS for a while and I have read through the guide linked to below) so I have a few questions.

1. I have no DnD books. Will this (http://www.d20srd.org/) supplement a players guide, or should I actually try to find a print one?

2. Could someone give me a step-by-step on how to create a good character?

3. I'll be posting in the player registry as well, but are there any games in the Roleplay forums with openings for total noobs?

Thanks!

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-30, 05:18 PM
Hey all! Welcome to the forums. Watch the stabitty death, unless you're into that sort of thing...:smallamused:

To answer your question, DitW, the problem with the SRD is that it specifically avoids anything that tells you how to create a character, to help protect WotC's claim on the actual D&D system. Thus, experience point progressions and a step-by-step guide are distinctly missing. The SRD is really only a substitute if you already know the basics.

Thus, I'd either try and find someone in real life who'll take the time to show you how to roll up a character, or get your hands on a copy of the Player's Handbook (even though it will be obsolete by this time next year...:smallsigh:). It has instructions on how to actually create a character, whereas the SRD doesn't.

Also, there are plenty of games open for both experienced and new players. Just look for any in the PBP recruiting forum with either [recruiting] or [open] or something along those lines in the title.

And, again, welcome all!

OneWinged4ngel
2007-08-31, 12:50 AM
Hello. I'm a long time reader of Order of the Stick and player of Dungeons and Dragons. Many may already know me from the WotC boards. I'm a veteran roleplayer, and very experienced with the finer workings of mechanics, as well as an avid Eberron fan. Sooo... hi.

ufo
2007-08-31, 08:42 AM
Hello. I'm a long time reader of Order of the Stick and player of Dungeons and Dragons. Many may already know me from the WotC boards. I'm a veteran roleplayer, and very experienced with the finer workings of mechanics, as well as an avid Eberron fan. Sooo... hi.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay, or it will be unenjoyable (logically).

βeta
2007-08-31, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been reading the comic for a few years now, and must have been lurking around on the forum on and off for about half that time. Finally decided to bite the proverbial bullet and sign-up.

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-31, 02:14 PM
Cool!
I remember glancing at the "Most Recent Member" thing, I saw DustintheWind and βeta, and told myself that I would remember them when they posted here!
And I did!

Anyway, welcome you new guys!
Thank you for coming to the wonderful Giantitp forums!
I look forward to seeing you around.
The SMBGs are a lovely place! :smallwink:

*Hugs new members and offers cookies*

Anna Conda
2007-08-31, 05:58 PM
there! i did it! now you guys can stop bugging me! :smalltongue:

that means YOU, ego, mal, zer, frojo.

Madmal
2007-08-31, 06:04 PM

you kidding right?

post..MORE!:smallbiggrin:

B-Man
2007-08-31, 10:02 PM
Whee!! We finally got Ana to de-lurk!!

And also, WELCOME ALL NEW COMERS!

LesterLester
2007-09-01, 06:33 AM
Hi everybody, I've been reading OotS for about half a year and I love it!
Well, and I've been playing DnD for 4 years now, so this forum fulfills my wildest fantasies! Hooray!

de-trick
2007-09-01, 03:33 PM
Sup pixies and ghosts, hope you like the site

DaegorDude
2007-09-01, 05:56 PM
Hello! It took me a hole week during the summer, but I managed to read all 484 pages. Now I finally sign up.:smallsmile:

Vidan
2007-09-01, 07:25 PM
Hi everybody, just wanted to say hi and to say that i hope to get in some interesting conversations about oots with everyone :smallamused:

Ego Slayer
2007-09-01, 08:44 PM

'Ello there, dear. :smallamused:
I will find something else to bug you about...

Sliver_Slave
2007-09-02, 08:46 PM
Yea. I'm new here. And, I have next to no knowledge about the rules for D&D, so don't chastise me about it please. What little i know is based on OotS. i just clicked a link.:smallsmile:

Edea
2007-09-02, 09:18 PM
I've been reading the comic for awhile; just decided to join and look around for a bit.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-02, 11:31 PM
I've read both comics, beginning to end. They're quite enjoyable.
I'm also pretty good at roleplaying, so I wouldn't mind joing a few of the Post-by-Post games in the forum. ^___^

Rum's Gone
2007-09-03, 01:22 AM
Hello all! Been lurking around for ages...and have only now registered...
Ah...sweet procrastination:smallwink:

Krisswampthing
2007-09-03, 02:51 AM
Forever hath I supped upon the greatness of Oots, and then the wonders of Erf, and in the process of trying to get in contact with Rich, actually looked at the side bar and noticed there was a forum. Hurrah. Hurrah with a cherry.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-03, 02:55 AM
Hello and welcome
Have fun and please follow the Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1).

Diggit
2007-09-03, 05:00 AM
Hello, I'm Diggit. I just started playing DND this year. I'm sorry I didn't start earlier.:smallfrown:

ufo
2007-09-03, 08:46 AM
Hello, I'm Diggit. I just started playing DND this year. I'm sorry I didn't start earlier.:smallfrown:

Shame on you!

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I hope you have quite a good time!

Remember not to be an idiot (not that I expect you to be).

And since I gave a tip (kindda):

This post cannot be held responsible for any damage inflicted or attained by following the above tips. This post is for educational use only and may not be copied without permission. This post attains the right to sue you to hell if you use the contents of this post negatively without permission. The copyright of this post is held by this post, and this post has the contacts and methods to send you to hell. Furthermore, selling this post without permission from copyrights holder(s) will result in execution, should the accused be judged guilty. This post is not to hold responsible for any damage attained while reading this fine print.

Nagrom
2007-09-03, 09:16 AM
Hello all from Iraq. I'm here along with some friends living at our home away from home. I'm hoping to use the forums as an escape from the "boring" life here in Baghdad. . .

E

Indigo
2007-09-03, 09:45 AM
HI Everyone! I am new in the forum! I just liked the OOTS comic, and the web page generally, so I registered! :) I want to find the comic books also, but I don't know if I will...
Anyway! I Won't waste your time anymore! Byez!!!

Rocky Raccoon
2007-09-03, 10:00 AM
.... Hello!! Hello! thankyou! thankyou! I know you've been waiting for my arrival for quite some time... what? you haven't?... oh.....

Hi.

LadyFae
2007-09-03, 04:36 PM
I have heard tales of these forums for many a long age, and finally, driven here by boredom and a pressing question on homebrew systems, I made an account.

Heya, salutations, and otherwise hello.

Eita
2007-09-03, 08:39 PM
Well, I've been reading the comic a year, but I haven't done much else. Then I got bored, saw the online D&D stuff, and decided to sign up.

Can anyone point me towards a good 3.5?

Mephe
2007-09-03, 10:12 PM
Hey, everyone, Mephe here. I'm new to the message boards, but not to OotS. I've been a big fan since the beginning. Can't wait to contribute!

OCB_Aldren
2007-09-04, 03:58 AM
Hello everyone. Been reading for a couple years now. Finally decided to make the big plunge into the forums. I usually tend to stay out of forums.. too many little kids with big mouths (fingers?) . Plus I hate leaving evidence of my stupidity in public places :)

Hello all from Iraq. I'm here along with some friends living at our home away from home. I'm hoping to use the forums as an escape from the "boring" life here in Baghdad. . .

E

OOTS has seen me through 2 deployments thus far, I am sure it will do you good too! Best of luck man, and stay safe.

Red Machine D
2007-09-04, 05:27 AM
Greetings. I am Red Machine D.

Just google it.

Darkforge
2007-09-04, 05:45 AM
Hello,

I'm Darkforge

I've been a big OOTS fan for a long time and have become a big ERF fan too.

I've been lurking around these forums for a while now and since I have finally posted a couple of replies and started a thread I thought i'd better introduce myself.

Thanks for giving me something to do at work guys!

OniLever
2007-09-04, 09:20 AM
Greetings, all! Huzzah for the Giant and his wonderful playground! May its swing sets never squeak or its basketball hoops be netless.

The 6th Side
2007-09-04, 04:35 PM
Hi im new ish

Aizle
2007-09-04, 04:50 PM
Hello all!

New poster here, been lurking a little while and just got caught up on the fabulous OotS comics.

A little bit about me.

I'm a 37 year old married caucasian male, otherwise know as "The Man". I'm a long time gamer, both of the pen/paper variety as well as computer games. Currently playing both WoW and LOTRO as well as a monthly pen/paper session. Used to play a lot of FPS, but haven't for a while.

Interests include the afore mentioned gaming, motorcycles, martial arts, movies and music. I'm a little bit of an A/V-phile and have a pretty kicking TV/Stereo setup. (Subwoofers that hit 10hz make me all warm and fuzzy inside)

Been looking for a new forum to keep my ADD (not AD&D, but that works too) attention span with something to do while occasionally taking a break from work....

Emperor Ing
2007-09-04, 05:01 PM
Hello, and take my welcome to Giant In the Playground Forums!

Our first enterprise, as you may have noticed, is the OOTS comic strips. No need to blab on about that. :smallyuk:

2nd, one of my favorites, is its a good idea to check the bottom of the forum page, and take part in both The Town, and the Silly Message Board Games (avoid amen. BAAD people!)

3rd, get a custom avatar done to your liking at Arts and Crafts forum. Request, in EXCRUSIATING detain what you want, and someone (unlikely me) will likely get it done. No promises.

4th, and most important, read and know the RULES of the forum! Especially on the SMBG forum. Know and respect them.

5th, but not least, my present from me to you! :smallsmile: (http://haveafishystick.ytmnd.com/)

Have a good time here, I hope you stay here for longer than a few weeks. :smallbiggrin:

Keldoth Dekel
2007-09-04, 10:21 PM
Hi, I'm just joining today. I've been a fan of OoTs since about the time Roy's sister was kidnapped, and this will be my first full foray into the forums.

I've been playing DnD since I was about.... oh, 6, with my brother and a few others, though that wasn't much. Much more recently, I've been getting into it again and even more, so I will see about what games are available here.

I'm a gamer of most types, preferring RPGs and FPSes. These are my addictions and vices. My other hobbies are DnD, of course, and a sword class I joined recently.

I'd just like to say "Hello" to all the older members who frequent this page. I hope you will be seeing more of me in here. :tongue:

Also, please do not notice the avatar yet, I'm trying to find one I like and may try and get one made when I'm more well known.

Skippy
2007-09-04, 10:43 PM
Greetings, all! Huzzah for the Giant and his wonderful playground! May its swing sets never squeak or its basketball hoops be netless.

This must be the best blessing ever!!! You should sig it...

Welcome everyone!! Have a good time here, watch out for the pixie eaters, avoid AMEN and get a custom avatar ASAP. Enjoy!!

*Kills Keldoth*

Oh, and watch out, there are some crazy fellas over here who enjoy stabbing/killing people...

the_elf
2007-09-05, 12:04 PM
Hello! I'm a big fan of the comic, and I figured I'd come in and register. :)

Black Lines
2007-09-05, 07:07 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I found this site from Google while looking for guides to the game Space Station 13. I figured I'd join, you people seem nice.

Cyrano
2007-09-05, 08:08 PM
Allo you two. There are 6 people you should avoid whilst you are here, and 3 of them are me. Have a nice day, avoid AMEN, don't get too random here (We have the SMBG's, at the bottom of the forum, for that), and above all, don't get eaten! Fun too, if you must.

Renegade Paladin
2007-09-05, 08:29 PM
Well well. If it isn't OW4. Going to post up the Rebalanced Paladin here, or leave it to WotC's tender mercies? :smallamused:

Nameless
2007-09-06, 11:20 AM
I'm alive!
Hello, this looks like an interesting forum *unpacks sleeping bag and tent*
It seems that I may stay here for a wile... :smallsmile:

Nameless
2007-09-06, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know how to change your avatar?

Madmal
2007-09-06, 12:22 PM
go to User CP, click Edit options, and go all the way down, that's where you can chage avatars.

Lord Herman
2007-09-06, 12:23 PM
Welcome!

Nameless, you can change your avatar by going to your User CP (it's the first item in the brown bar at the top of your screen), going to Edit Options, scrolling down a bit until your find the part about avatars, and picking an avatar from the list. Alternatively, you can go to the Arts and Crafts section to request a custom-made avatar.

Also, you can edit your posts by clicking the 'edit' button. That way, you don't need to double post, which is frowned upon.

I hope you'll have a great time here!

edit: Damn you, evil simu-ninja!

Madmal
2007-09-06, 12:29 PM
simu-druid, simu-bard, or simu-wacko are accepted..

though if you want to keep it at the ninja/pirate terms...simu-pirate-ninja is good :smalltongue:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-06, 12:33 PM
*sniggers8 Simu-posting is very common here.

Hello! to all the newies. Here's my normal welcome *fanfare* to say hii.

Don't avoid AMEN check out the threads; have fun; get a custom avvie and have fun. Oh, and watch out for white text and stabbities or general ill-being. *stabbity the person who just highlighted this*

Skippy
2007-09-06, 12:45 PM
And be careful with Castaras. She enjoys making others lose The Game (Rats! Lost again!)*Well, I stabbity you back again*

Nameless
2007-09-06, 12:52 PM
Welcome!

Nameless, you can change your avatar by going to your User CP (it's the first item in the brown bar at the top of your screen), going to Edit Options, scrolling down a bit until your find the part about avatars, and picking an avatar from the list. Alternatively, you can go to the Arts and Crafts section to request a custom-made avatar.

Also, you can edit your posts by clicking the 'edit' button. That way, you don't need to double post, which is frowned upon.

I hope you'll have a great time here!

edit: Damn you, evil simu-ninja!

Edit: Yay! It has been done! thanks :smallsmile:

Bigredmachine
2007-09-06, 05:13 PM
Hi all, I'm a huge fan, and have been for a while, just finally joined the forums.
I hope to get to know you all a little better.
:smallbiggrin:

Zaiden
2007-09-06, 09:22 PM
Hi, I'm somewhat new to the roleplaying scene, and a reader of Order of the Stick, so I thought I'd come join the forum!

flyguy92677
2007-09-06, 11:21 PM
Hi, I'm Jon, a fan of OotS and Erf.... but one thing's been bugging me, is there actually a homebrew or a forum topic of the base game for erf? Link please?

kuv
2007-09-07, 03:36 AM
Invisible Stalker here, reporting in :)

I have been a real fan, years now, nay, decades. What urged me to actually register and even post (thus losing my Invisible Stalker status), is something that happened yesterday.

A real fat envelope arrived in the mail- it was my copy of Dungeon Crawling Fools. YES! I ACTUALLY BOUGHT SOMETHING (HARD CASH) THAT'S AVAILABLE AS FREE CONTENT ON THE WEB! Anyway, i was touched that this very copy travelled round the world, from the US all the way to tiny Athens, (Greece, that is, you know, the original Athens (R)). I would like to think that the Giant himself lovingly packaged my copy and sent it to me, most probably the first and last copy to be sold and sent to Greece. :P

Also, i'm squeezing my brains off, trying to write something extra witty as my first post. It's tough: a genuinely intelligent strip like this, has attracted a similarly intelligent fanbase... but when all witty thoughts fail, disgusting flattery wins the day [i hope]

Anyhoo, i'll be mostly trolling around the OOTS forum, trying to find something to comment on. But i'm shy.

This all sums up to: HI! :) :) :)

Yes i know: no fancy avatar and/or sig......

..... YET!!!! DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN

Vuurmeester
2007-09-07, 06:10 AM
Hi, Vuurmeester here (Dutch for master of fire).

I've come to these forums because my girlfriend told me they had awesome online versions of werewolves here, as I like the game I thought I should join these forums and try them.

I hope these forums are as nice as she says they are.

-Vuurmeester, bringing fire to the world since Prometheus.

LordFlatulence
2007-09-07, 10:14 PM
Hello, all. I've been a fan of Oots for several years running now, but have never actually jumped on the forums. I have also been a fan of Dungeons and Dragons for much longer and have had various characters inspired by Oots cast members.

Question - I made myself an avatar in paint, but as yet have been inable to put it on the site. It is of an allowable size and this URL: http://lh6.google.com/angus.lord/RuIcQjblpEI/AAAAAAAAACs/TVrKItrwFBE/Oots%20Avatar%203.JPG
Every time I try to put it on, I am told that the URL does not comply with the URL requirements. It begins with http:// and ends with .jpg which is all that is asked. What is the problem?

Cyrano
2007-09-07, 10:47 PM
Velcome to all new members! That's not a v, you're just going blind.

LordFlatulence, your main problem AFAIK is the fact that link doesn't work. Don't ask me why, I have no idea, but you probably need to host it on photobucket or somesuch.

Vuurmeester, you have the finest form of girlfriend: The geeky girlfriend. CHERISH HER!

All other people with no particular specific issues to adress: The edit button appears in the right corner of your post! Don't double post, use it! Other pet peeves include spelling, grammar, excessive reality-mentioning and the consumption of soup.

LordFlatulence
2007-09-07, 10:55 PM
Hm, it seems to have worked ok with photobucket. I was trying to put it into my google web album and it wasn't working out so well for some reason. Ah well, it's all cool now.

Thanks for the help!

JBakaka
2007-09-08, 07:22 AM
wow that was so long to read..actually i just skipped most of the pages in between so i could post. :smallwink:

Hi everyone! I've read Oots for a couple of months now and have been lurking / trolling for a couple of weeks now so i joined.

umm anyone here from Australia and plays UT2k4?

EDIT: o wow love the avatar (i dunno who made it).. but i think its a gnome sorc, which is what i play as in DnD RPG's

LightWraith
2007-09-08, 04:22 PM
I decided that since I'm disturbingly addicted to this comic (and creepily lurking these forums), I might as well register for the forums. So Hi!

I've been reading for a while, but I can't remember how I found OOTS. That just goes to show that the time before I started reading wasn't important.

I'm a Physics major in college, so comics like "Schrödinger's Ninja" get an extra chuckle for me. I'm OK with the fact that this makes me slightly weird.

I own all the released books, because I couldn't help myself.

That's all for now.

eidreff
2007-09-08, 04:32 PM
Yet another new person. A big hello to all in the playground. Love the comic and RPG stuff, not had much chance (due to work and lack of an interested group) to get involved with rpg related stuff in ages so this site has kind of bin a breath of fresh air!

hope to get to know everyone better :smallbiggrin:

Rakleb
2007-09-08, 07:18 PM
Hi dudes I'm new to this all. :belkar:!!! I love Belkar he's the best halfling ever.

Rakleb
2007-09-08, 07:24 PM
Guess what I'm on the last Order of The Stick comic. Hey tell me if you like Belkar he's so evil and cool. :thog: and :belkar: oh and :roy: don't go together.

Rakleb
2007-09-08, 07:26 PM
Who likes D&D minis I'm a master at D&D cause I have a Warduke.

Rakleb
2007-09-08, 07:29 PM
I'm now made with power like Xykon he's so damn tough.

Sliver_Slave
2007-09-08, 08:05 PM
Please adhere to the three post rule.

EmeraldRose
2007-09-08, 08:11 PM
The three post rule is only for the Silly Message Board Game Forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34). However, in most other places, it is considered polite to not post more than one time in a row. Please feel free to use the http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/buttons/edit.gif Function or simply delete a post, if you so desire.

Now! Welcome! Enjoy your stay in the Playground, and get to posting!! :smallbiggrin:

Paladin Latham
2007-09-09, 05:34 AM
This is a post. I'm making it to see if my new account works. So that I can post things.

Malpik Azhurer
2007-09-09, 03:20 PM
HI!!!

just deciding to start posting here, i wish i have fun like everybody else.

Xisk
2007-09-10, 03:36 AM
Hey guys! I've been around reading the comics for along while now (just finished the other day!), and decided to join the forums. I'm hoping to get into the AD&D PbP over there in the other forum, but I've never played D&D in my life. I know some terms and such, but I don't know anything specific, and I'm currently am working out a character sheet. :smallbiggrin:

Paladin Latham
2007-09-10, 07:22 AM
How do you make one of those "spoiler" boxes on the forums?

ChaosUnleashed
2007-09-10, 08:58 PM
Hi!

Okay,
To do list:
Post a "Hi", check.
Learn to read............:smallfrown: ............
uh, maybe that should have been first.

Bortolon
2007-09-10, 10:35 PM
Hello, I'm too noob and post here just to saw my avatar :D

LaffingMan
2007-09-11, 12:53 AM
Haldo!
As I'm sure is common, long time reader, first time poster
I'm not really adept at forum..ing, so bear with me
see you out there!

Youngblood
2007-09-11, 01:12 AM
I've been reading OOTS for awhile, and somehow it never occured to me that there was actually a forum on this site until recently. Doh!

Well, anyway, Hi, I'm Youngblood. I'm 21, I work as a tattoo and body modification artist, and I'm generally kind of weird. But in a cool way, not a creepy walk on the other side of the street way. My life generally consists of work (which I love), gaming (mostly D&D and various superhero games), and practicing kung fu (Weng Chun and Five Ancestors schools). I also love to use ellipses. Oh, and I'm a girl. Crazy, huh?

So, nice to meetcha.

Paladin Latham
2007-09-11, 04:36 AM
Hey, can anyone tell me how to make a "spoiler" box appear in a post. Still trying to find out how to use Die Rolling in the play by post forums too...

LCR
2007-09-11, 04:47 AM
Hey, can anyone tell me how to make a "spoiler" box appear in a post. Still trying to find out how to use Die Rolling in the play by post forums too...

I love those SPOILERS

Quote me.

Paladin Latham
2007-09-11, 09:56 AM
I love those SPOILERS

Quote me.

Cool thanks!

nm_the_niceguy
2007-09-11, 05:07 PM
Hi all!

I'm new to the forums, thought I'd join up and try to learn how to play D&D and maybe talk about other stuff on the way. I plan to make my own avatar as soon as I get around to it. See you all in the forums.

fraktul
2007-09-11, 07:11 PM
hello from new member me

mause
2007-09-11, 07:13 PM
hi dude!
happy posting!

vivi
2007-09-11, 07:21 PM
hi!! I'm a sorta new member, and I finally figured out how to activate my account, thanx to my brother for helping me! :smile:

and I wuz wondering, how do you change your signature?

thanx!

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-11, 07:25 PM
hi!! I'm a sorta new member, and I finally figured out how to activate my account, thanx to my brother for helping me! :smile:

and I wuz wondering, how do you change your signature?

thanx!

Go to the "User CP" link on the top, left-hand side of your screen.
Once there, there will be an "Edit signature" link.
Click that, and there should be a text field so that you can put stuff in your sig.
Hope that helped! :smallbiggrin:

vivi
2007-09-11, 07:27 PM
Go to the "User CP" link on the top, left-hand side of your screen.
Once there, there will be an "Edit signature" link.
Click that, and there should be a text field so that you can put stuff in your sig.
Hope that helped! :smallbiggrin:

hey thanx! I'm finally figuring out how to change my settings! yay!

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-11, 07:29 PM
hey thanx! I'm finally figuring out how to change my settings! yay!

You're welcome!!

And hello to all new members!
Weee!
*Throws confetti*

Lolligiggle
2007-09-11, 07:34 PM
Hello all!

Long time lurker, finally registered to say "hey"! Big fan of OOTS, have all the books, drew first blood in a V gender-debate thread today.

Been playing tabletop and computer games for...a long time. :smallbiggrin:

See you around!

P/C Phoenix
2007-09-11, 08:07 PM
*waves*

Hey, folks. I'm the Pencil Crayon Phoenix, and I've been reading OOTS for a while now (and just went through Erfworld's archives). I'm looking forward to actually posting, now that I have an account (ooh, lookit - I already am. :) )

AlfonZ
2007-09-12, 08:10 AM
Hello all.
I've discovered OotS just recently and I love it!
See you.

Amotis
2007-09-12, 10:18 AM
hello from new member me

Awwww...

*scratches cute stomach*

AngryDemon1
2007-09-12, 10:48 AM
<cheezy voice> Heloooo everybody </cheezy voice>

FireLeaf1357
2007-09-13, 05:06 PM
Hello people in general! WEEEEE!!!!!:smalltongue:

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-13, 05:17 PM
Hello all!

Long time lurker, finally registered to say "hey"! Big fan of OOTS, have all the books, drew first blood in a V gender-debate thread today.

Been playing tabletop and computer games for...a long time. :smallbiggrin:

See you around!

Hello, and I just have to say, I love your username. :smallbiggrin:

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-13, 05:35 PM
Hooray! The Rainy Knight finally got a profile!:smallbiggrin:

StickMan
2007-09-13, 05:38 PM
Hello new people, if you plan to post make sure to get a Custom avatar from the arts and crafts board. Mainly due to the fact I'm more likely to remember your avatar then your name, but thats just how my brain works.

vivi
2007-09-13, 06:14 PM
Hey does anybody know how to make spoilers?

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-13, 06:18 PM
to make the code visible, I used tags.

vivi
2007-09-13, 06:23 PM
Thank you yet again EM!

Arrghus
2007-09-14, 01:23 AM
Hi. Nice to meet you.

vivi
2007-09-14, 09:25 AM
Hi. Nice to meet you.greetings, nice to meet you as well.

Skippy
2007-09-14, 09:29 AM
Hello and welcome everyone!!! Have a good time here!! For your own sanity, avoid AMEN, visit the SMBG and watch out for white text!! Told ya...*stab*