PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

raekuul
2007-10-20, 03:44 PM
Hello, fellow newbs!

(Edit: Noticed that I was first on the page, so...)

Hello, fellow Newbs!

BunnyBoo564403
2007-10-20, 04:46 PM
Hello, fellow newbs!

(Edit: Noticed that I was first on the page, so...)

Hello, fellow Newbs!

uh..hello...I guess...

Solana
2007-10-20, 04:52 PM
Greetings, fellow forumites!

geekyhedgehog
2007-10-20, 05:45 PM
I'm just making my first post to say that Order of the Stick is completely awesome!

Reploid Knight
2007-10-20, 08:06 PM
I am new. I like pie. And kitties. :smallcool:

Naihal
2007-10-20, 08:33 PM
Hi. The site said to post here, so...

Volug
2007-10-20, 09:24 PM
Allo new members! If you got a nerdy question my PM box is always open.

Also I like pie.

Plushie Arz
2007-10-21, 12:52 AM
Well, not quite new but I've been lurking for the last two months or so. Guess I'll be lurking around a bit more after Uni entrance exams.

Meat Man Mantis
2007-10-21, 02:14 PM
Hey, my name is MMM. Nice site.

Can I plug my home board here? Thanks in advance.

http://brawl-hall.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Dare
2007-10-21, 02:21 PM
Im dare..i dare ya to ..well i just dare ya..

Meat Man Mantis
2007-10-21, 02:27 PM
Hello Dare, have we met before? LMAO

Sir *TIM!!!!!!*
2007-10-21, 02:36 PM
*Walks into spotlight*

Hello to all you people. My name is Tim. Well, actually, it isn't, but that's not the point. I have followed OOTS since around comic 100, and Erfworld since it was created. Other comics I am interested in are 8-Bit Theater and Ctrl-Alt-Delete. I play D&D 3.5 edition, and... that's about it. I have finally registered because... well... I have no idea why. I just decided that I should.

*Runs away from spotlight*

Meat Man Mantis
2007-10-21, 02:40 PM
Hey, come back here. I'm not through with you yet. :smallbiggrin:

Sir *TIM!!!!!!*
2007-10-21, 02:57 PM
Ok, I'm back. What do you want? :smallbiggrin:

[/craziness]

And I am OUT.

Meat Man Mantis
2007-10-21, 04:47 PM
The Hairy Modfather: Spam removed

Skippy
2007-10-21, 11:34 PM
Hello to all the new playgrounders!! Have a good time here, please remember always to have cookies at hand (They drive away wild forumites) and remember to keep an eye on your sanity. Please do not feed the trolls, keep an eye on the "Edit" button and have fun!

Mikeavelli
2007-10-22, 05:55 AM
Hi!

New Here, fun place, I'm a big nerd, so should fit in just fine.

See ya'all around.

Laurellien
2007-10-22, 12:30 PM
2 part post: -

1) I really should have done this about two years ago but nevermind. Hello, I am Laurellien, I have been around the internet for quite some time.

2) Welcome neophytes, I am usually able to give you a hand, and any other necessary help. I also give out internets and cookies.

sheepofoblivion
2007-10-22, 07:19 PM
I'm new here, so... Hey everyone, I would like to say that Vaarsuvius rocks!!! :smallsmile: (I would also like to say that I love the show Firefly (GO Browncoats!))

Siligero
2007-10-22, 09:29 PM
<Insert Friendly Yet Stilted Obligatory Introduction>

Elester
2007-10-23, 12:19 AM
Welcome new people. Hope you all have fun here.

MCerberus
2007-10-23, 12:49 AM
Long time reader just registered.

Long live Fruit Pie the Sorcerer. No blade can end his delicious crusade!

madmotoristmonk
2007-10-23, 11:58 AM
Hello friends and fellow OOTS supporters! I'm a typical long time reader first time poster (heh?) but I just wanted to pop in and say that this is the best webcomic I've read so far, and I love how cordial and intelligent everyone is here in the forums.

Hekatommyriagon
2007-10-23, 09:54 PM
Hi. I have been reading OOTS for a while, and one day noticed the "Forums" button near to the side. Thus hear I am.

Purple Cloak
2007-10-24, 10:19 AM
Purple Cloak sends his greetings

well i think ill start with....

im adam, a limy brit,
hardened OotS fan, (meaning ive meen reading for about 2 months :smalltongue: )

dabbler in many roleplay systems, my favorate class ive use to date is the Choas Mage, (discustingly overpowered 3rd party thing)

i cant say i have a favorate charictor, although red cloak and the MitD are awsome

and i like purple :smalltongue: as if noone had guessed,

and i have a Smite Porthaphobia ability for anyone who badmouths my colourschemes :smallfurious:

kayaker1
2007-10-24, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone! :smallbiggrin:
I can't make this very long 'cause I'm kinda busy but,
has anyone seen a roach runnin around? I thought I saw it on my window and tried to catch it but it got away. :smallfrown: It looks like this: :roach:

Shishnarfne
2007-10-24, 01:14 PM
Long time lurker on the forums, now finally registered!

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-24, 06:25 PM
Hey, everyone! :smallbiggrin:
Welcome to one of the friendliest forums on the web, in my opinion.
Make sure to visit me in the Silly Message Board Games, my favorite part of the site! Also, you can get custom avatars from the adoption center or the requesting thread, both of which are in Arts & Crafts.
Finally, a little primer on some things that a lot of people want to know about:
Hi, everybody!
becomes
Hi, everybody!
To post images, put the url between tags. In other words, it would go from
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/Castaras/Queenthing.png
to
Have fun! :smallsmile:

EspressoJet
2007-10-24, 07:30 PM
Sup ppl?

Probobly nobody's going to notice this post but...

does anybody have a picture of that soy latte (in the "breif intermission" comic) on the internet somewhere? *PLEASE?*

I wanted to use that as an avatar, so I took a picture and can't really upload it to the custom avatar thing.

Whenever I drag it to the adress bar, it shows the link to where it is on my COMPUTER!

Please help me!

Oh Yeah! Go OOTS! (Woots! Oots!!)

Harbajar
2007-10-24, 07:39 PM
A co-worker got me started with OOTS. So great to be new here!

Volug
2007-10-24, 07:41 PM
Hey, everyone! :smallbiggrin:
Welcome to one of the friendliest forums on the web, in my opinion.
Make sure to visit me in the Silly Message Board Games, my favorite part of the site! Also, you can get custom avatars from the adoption center or the requesting thread, both of which are in Arts & Crafts.
Finally, a little primer on some things that a lot of people want to know about:
Hi, everybody!
becomes
Hi, everybody!
To post images, put the url between tags. In other words, it would go from
to
Have fun! :smallsmile:

You forgot to add, "Use correct spelling and grammar. And NO chat speak!!"
It's just the way we do things around here, makes things easier to read and its polite:smallsmile:

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-24, 07:41 PM
Well, let's see...
When you right-click the image and look under "Properties," you should be able to see the URL if it's hosted, I believe...
The you put the URL between tags.

However, I believe that Rich Burlew doesn't appreciate people using things edited from his work other than the default avatars. And I believe that someone else has a Soy Latte avatar saying "Freedom!" that was custom made. My advice: post in the "Request an OOTS-Style Avatar" thread, and ask someone to make an avatar for you.

@^ Oh, and Masato, it's spelled 'grammar.' :smallamused:

Volug
2007-10-24, 07:45 PM

how ironic..... and we are not in school!:smallbiggrin: I'm tired of being taught today:smalltongue:

dragonessofebon
2007-10-24, 08:20 PM
Allo allo, well this is rather new to me.. but not too shabby.. Eh.. done for now.

Nailosbane
2007-10-24, 11:19 PM
Hello, I'm new here and decided to post to say hello.

So, greetings, I hope to get to know folk here and talk about the comic, as well as D&D.

Trazoi
2007-10-25, 03:47 AM
Hi - I signed up earlier today to answer someone else's question, so I've now stopped lurking and am now posting.

I was only introduced to Order of the Stick earlier this year, but I love the art style, humour and storytelling. I'm more of a general games geek (creating and studying games as well as playing them) and haven't actually played any proper pen and paper D&D (sadly), although I've read through the d20 ruleset and played enough video games based on D&D to get most of the less obscure rulebased jokes.

So once again, hello everyone!

EspressoJet
2007-10-25, 11:57 AM
Well, let's see...
When you right-click the image and look under "Properties," you should be able to see the URL if it's hosted, I believe...
The you put the URL between tags.

However, I believe that Rich Burlew doesn't appreciate people using things edited from his work other than the default avatars. And I believe that someone else has a Soy Latte avatar saying "Freedom!" that was custom made. My advice: post in the "Request an OOTS-Style Avatar" thread, and ask someone to make an avatar for you.

Yays!!!! Thank you! I signed up because a freind recommended me to the website!!! (but not the forum! He'll know it's me if he see's the username!!!) Mwahahahahahahahahahahah..... and thank you again!!!!

TheTexasPirate!
2007-10-25, 02:08 PM
Howdy y'all, I be The Texas Pirate! AAAARRRR! Just stumbled upon this forum and decided aye might just join up.

Darth_Chaos
2007-10-25, 03:28 PM
Hello i just realised after 4 months that this forum thing was here

Kyros
2007-10-25, 09:28 PM
Uhhh, hi. I go to a ton of forums, so I decided that one more wouldn't hurt. I've been a reader of OOTS for awhile now, so expect to see me in some discussions. I also play a lot of D&D, mostly 3.5 edition, as well as some other roleplaying games.

I'm a huge gamer, and I love using the internet. I'm pretty good with BB Code, too.

Just popping in to say hello. Gonna go post on some other threads now.

Quouar
2007-10-26, 07:45 AM
*posts happily on the welcome forum* HI!

Szilard
2007-10-26, 10:41 AM
Hi Im new here!

Chells
2007-10-26, 10:58 AM
This seems to the be the place for my intail greeting. So... hiya all!
Hope everyone's having a great one.

Chells

Suzuro
2007-10-26, 02:48 PM
Well, this would appear to be the correct section, so, Hello one Hello all! Top O' Th' Mornin' to ya and all that good mumbo jumbo. No, but really? It looks like a cool place and I'm glad I'm finally making an appearance

Dallas-Dakota
2007-10-26, 03:17 PM
Hello all ya pixies(new members).

Read the rules and have fun!

Also a few rules you must follow,
1 dont read white text unless person is nominated for white ITP
2 go to SMBG(silly message board games), post there allot and get addicted as soon as possible!!!
3 dont take anybody really serious on SMBG
4 if you have any, I mean any talent with computer art, go to the Arts and Crafts section, I started out as a misserable wussy with my art and now its way better.
5 get a custom avatar made in Arts and Crafts section, preferably from dr. bath or mr saturn, vael also makes awesome avatars in her own style.
6 dont spam unless in SMBG
7 take part in some nominations in SMBG
8 have fun
9 take of your shoes
10 have fun
11 never trust anybody, and with anybody I mean even people offering you pudding, pie or cookies. Except me ofcourse, you can always trust me when I offer cookies.......
12 If you only have read Erfworld, go read OOTS!!! its uberly greatly-insert millions of comliments here- comic.

and lastly 13,
This is just a reminder to 1, btw, I prepared explosive runes this morning......

Not Dice
2007-10-26, 03:20 PM
Decided to stop lurking and start posting.

Been reading OOTS since about #168 or so, and Erfworld since #1. Also been registered on the forum since early Feb but never posted. :smalltongue: I'm a bit of a d20 nerd so I'll probably start interjecting needlessly into the gaming board discussions at some point.

Also, if anyone recognizes the username from the Privateer Press community, I am one and the same person.

Hooray for more time-wasting endeavors!

Adam S.
2007-10-26, 04:28 PM
New to the forums just thought I would say Hi. :smallsmile:

Something Else
2007-10-26, 05:05 PM
Hello all... I am Something Else, and Something Else is me. I've been reading Rich's awesome comic for some time now, and being a gamer also I've decided to check out these forums. You may or may not know me from the RPGnet forums as well...

evilbunnystar
2007-10-26, 06:42 PM
Hiya :)
New to OOTS forum, and all forums for that matter...:smallsmile:

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-26, 06:53 PM
Hiya :)
New to OOTS forum, and all forums for that matter...:smallsmile:

Same thing as when I joined. Welcome! :smallsmile:
Hope to see you at the Silly Message Board Games.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-10-27, 01:07 AM
Hello all ya pixies(new members).

Read the rules and have fun!

Also a few rules you must follow,
1 dont read white text unless person is nominated for white ITP
2 go to SMBG(silly message board games), post there allot and get addicted as soon as possible!!!
3 dont take anybody really serious on SMBG
4 if you have any, I mean any talent with computer art, go to the Arts and Crafts section, I started out as a misserable wussy with my art and now its way better.
5 get a custom avatar made in Arts and Crafts section, preferably from dr. bath or mr saturn, vael also makes awesome avatars in her own style.
6 dont spam unless in SMBG
7 take part in some nominations in SMBG
8 have fun
9 take of your shoes
10 have fun
11 never trust anybody, and with anybody I mean even people offering you pudding, pie or cookies. Except me ofcourse, you can always trust me when I offer cookies.......
12 If you only have read Erfworld, go read OOTS!!! its uberly greatly-insert millions of comliments here- comic.

and lastly 13,

I got to add some things,
14, dont listen to old people with beards, even if they offer candy.
15 You must bath in one of dr. baths tubs on the second full moon of the new year yearning for rotten cabbage while dying in SMBG heal/hurt V, then you must eat Pickles with sour hot milk added.
then least but certainly not last of #15, take the dog for a walk.

itfshoal
2007-10-27, 02:10 PM
Erm, hi. Been lurking around for a while, decided to finally join in. I like fluff, but have exceptional difficulty translating it into crunch. But I think it's time I get over my shyness at letting people see my homebrew notes and just put them out there for critique. Otherwise I'll never get it finished, and my players will kill me. And that's just no fun at all.

*wave*

Shas aia Toriia
2007-10-28, 10:21 AM
Hi. And ifshoal? Feel free to ask the fine folk down in Gaming for help converting fluff to crunch.

Dendric
2007-10-28, 02:16 PM
Howdy!

I'm going by Dendric here, and I'm a twenty-two year old Psychology major attending Western Kentucky University. I'm originally from Nashville, Tennessee, and I moved out here so I could have my own space and still be home in a flash if my family needs me.

My hobbies include playing the the guitar; singing (I'm so high a tenor I'm almost an alto); writing songs and the occaisional short story; and collecting stories from all different kinds of sources, be they novels, poetry, comics, or history. I'm also a fan of video games, but I haven't had time to play them recently because this semester has been kind of work-intensive.

I've been reading Order of the Stick for a while now, and I'm going to have to say the my favorite characters are Elan and Durkin. I have yet to take time to read Erfworld, but I'm planning on doing it sometime soon!

Nice to meet you all.

Cloaked Figure
2007-10-28, 11:15 PM
Hi! I'm a mysterious, Cloaked Figure!

I've been a gigantic fan of OOTS ever since reading it all the way through three times and printing the whole free portion of the comic to show my internet-less friends at school.

I have been playing D&D for about two years now, and am designing a campaign as well as looking for a DM who won't shut the game down or go on extended hiatus before our second level-up.

My favorite classes are Fighter, Rogue, and Sorceror.

Hi everybody!

Oh, and how do you change avatars? I can't find the option anywhere.

Mordan
2007-10-29, 02:17 AM
Hi!! I'm Mordan. The invisible one legged parrot on my shoulder won't tell me his name, so I can't introduce you to him.

I've been playing online since D&D (notice the lack of the A in there) and remember my first box set. At some point I ended up online and now both play and run my own MUD. If you don't know, PM me and I'll explain it without any reference to dirt, water or pies. I even remember when dice only came with 6 sides. Wow, I'm old.

I found the playground and it's skillfully drawn inhabitants about 2 days ago. But I'm already a long time fan of the comic.

Oh look, there's some pretty and colorful smilies over here ---> Those are neat.

Hold on, I think it's time for my meds, the guys with the white lab coats are bringing me the "I love me jacket".

Wow, I was tired when I wrote this... but obviously I haven't been playing online since version 1, I was playing offline/tabletop though.

Sceoter
2007-10-29, 10:00 AM
hey. decided to join this thing after like ... 2 years.. i think...?
anyhoo...
joined to find someone on this thing.. you know who you are!!!
so.. yeah...
i guess you could call me Sceoter.. (pronounced Scouter, haha...)
*throws a pie*

ShinyBrowncoat
2007-10-29, 01:02 PM
Hi Everyone! Long time reader, first time poster! Anxiously awaiting the next Erfworld installment! :eek:

wadledo
2007-10-29, 01:43 PM
Hello pixies!
Have fun here, and make sure to stay away from Silly Message Board Games.
We're completely crazy!:smallbiggrin:

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-29, 02:12 PM
Oh, and how do you change avatars? I can't find the option anywhere.

Go under "User CP," then select "Edit Options." The avatar choices by Rich Burlew are at the bottom, along with the space to put in a direct link to a custom avatar. Hope this helps! :smallsmile:

Lorn
2007-10-29, 02:32 PM
Hey, just joined today.

17, currently in 8 month long distance relationship, mod on a massive teen forum (not here to advertise it, don't worry) aaaaand big fan of OOTS.

Read it, in fact, upwards of six times. All the way through.

Aside from that, used to be pretty big on Warhammer 40K, still got all my stuffs from it; including a rather cool thing I converted out of a Sentinel, some spare Terminators and some spare Autocannons into one of those cool walky-things from The Matrix Revolutions. Heh.

Listen to heavy metal, some rock (both soft and insanely hard) is now seeping in.

Go to 6th Form at Durham Johnstons, and aside from the asbestos filled building and an IT teacher who tried to explain to me what a paragraph was (I kind of do Eng Lang, I know what a paragraph is... and I know it is not a massive gap between two paragraps...) life is pretty good there.

im4eversmart
2007-10-29, 03:00 PM
Excellent-I just wanted to say that I am new here, and a lifelong fan of both OOTS and EGS. I can't believe Dan Shive posted here ^_^!

Meteo
2007-10-29, 03:37 PM
Hello everybody in the playground, im new here. I like Cake. :roach:

Cloaked Figure
2007-10-29, 06:17 PM
Go under "User CP," then select "Edit Options." The avatar choices by Rich Burlew are at the bottom, along with the space to put in a direct link to a custom avatar. Hope this helps! :smallsmile:
Thanks a million. I was really having trouble there.

Duke
2007-10-29, 06:57 PM
I had to join... I read all of the series over the weekend...

If you've been to the WotC forums, chances are you've seen me at least once.

My name there is Jaia, a drow character of mine, but I didn't want people to think I was a girl, so I named myself after Dukain Thoroughbare, a half cloud giant warlord.

Malificus
2007-10-30, 12:44 PM
Hello, I just joined today

BMK
2007-10-30, 08:01 PM
Hello Good Peoples, I am new here.
Where might I find a fine eating establishment?

Breten
2007-10-30, 10:34 PM
Hey Everyone! My name is Brian, I am from Toronto Canada. I have been playing RPG's since I was 12 and D&D for the since 3rd Edition (I would have played sooner but had to convince my parents that it didn't involve sacrificing babies to Satan)

I have been a DM for almost all that time. I love story telling, and no one else would take the job for an extended period of time. I DM'd a D&D campaign at seminary for 6 years which was a blast. Now that I am working in the real and married getting everyone together to play is much harder. I was fortunate enough to marry a gamer though, so I am truly blessed that way.

I stumbled across oots and laughed until I almost peed myself, and then decided to check out PbP as a way to fit a D&D fix into my increasingly insane life

Occasional Sage
2007-10-30, 10:53 PM
Hola all!

I've been lurking since before dirt, joined a day or two ago, and finally remembered to visit here. Oops.

Thursday
2007-10-31, 07:48 AM
Hey All!

Long time lurker here, -trying to write up a PhD in Biology, (:smallfurious: Aargh! so so slowly..) and the periodic OOTS fix has got me through some dark times and late nights.. still someways to go, but its time to stop lurking and put my gratitude for that in a post.

Cheers to the Giant and all of you. :smallbiggrin:

Hawgh
2007-10-31, 10:47 AM
Ahoy people, planetars & .....hmmmm....polyps?

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-31, 02:35 PM
Hello Good Peoples, I am new here.
Where might I find a fine eating establishment?

If you like to roleplay, check out Trog's Tavern in the Town.
Also, welcome. That goes for everybody. :smallsmile:

Majere
2007-11-01, 06:54 AM
Here I am! Hello!

tirsales
2007-11-01, 01:41 PM
Hoi everybody out there :)
Reading both comic and board for quite a while now, I finally decided to register. :smallsmile:
About me? Well, I like hot tubing and pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Everyday I pray to my shoeless god of war and cooking to give me some insight in his evil soul and the next OOTS-comic, but so far he hasn't answeared (*sigh*).
Well, all praise to :belkar:, :xykon: and of course the numerous :roach: out there ;)

rwk87
2007-11-01, 05:28 PM
Oh hey.

I am a big fan of OotS. And the smileys here, too. Big fan of both. :smallsmile:

Moran
2007-11-01, 05:50 PM
Well, after reading the whole comic and bursting out in mad laughs maybe 400 times, I HAD to join the forum too.
Next month will be 14 years since I started playing D&D... Thanks to my DM for introducing me to this BADASS, no, REALLY BADASS comic.

Kiubez Underman
2007-11-01, 06:51 PM
Good Morning, everyone. I am Kiubez. That is all.

Firebert
2007-11-01, 07:40 PM
Hi everybody!

The Sword 88
2007-11-01, 11:54 PM
Hi, new here. I am a student at baylor and I play Warhammer FB and 40K. I am alwyas looking for new opponents so if you are near Waco...

maskedman
2007-11-02, 12:23 PM
Thank you for the welcome! I've been coming to read these since early 2006, and never (for some reason) noticed the forums! Look forward to reading and communicating with the other OOTS-heads!

Cypress
2007-11-02, 06:26 PM
Hello all, long time reader, new to the forums

quick question
does anyone know how to change a profile picture?
just a forum noob asking for a break
much love

tirsales
2007-11-02, 06:29 PM
User CP > Edit Options > Bottom of the Page

User CP is located above the thread-view, next to FAQ, below the header. (brown bar)

naruhina
2007-11-02, 07:09 PM
Hello :biggrin:

jojobulu
2007-11-03, 12:08 AM
Hi,
I'm Jo. Nice to meet you.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-03, 09:16 AM
Greetings to all the new folks here. Have fun, and mind your manners and grammars!

(I feel so proud of that rhyme!) :smallbiggrin:

Aeondra
2007-11-03, 12:02 PM
Uhm... Hi there :smalltongue: I'm new here ^^

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-03, 05:01 PM
Hi. :smallsmile:

I think one thing that needs to be well known is that we, for the most part, don't judge people based on their time in the forums or number of posts. So don't worry about being ignored just because you're new.

Zar Peter
2007-11-03, 05:56 PM
Hi. :smallsmile:

I think one thing that needs to be well known is that we, for the most part, don't judge people based on their time in the forums or number of posts. So don't worry about being ignored just because you're new.

Right, we are ignoring all posters, no matter if they are old or new or how much posts they send in.... Wait, there's something wrong here.

Anyway, welcome all new people, don't forget to visit the Silly Message Boards, it's worth it! (And please think of the three post rule there).

Ichneumon
2007-11-03, 05:58 PM
Hi, this is just your friendly meighborhood wasp, saying hi to all the new kids. :smallbiggrin:

IsaacTheHungry
2007-11-03, 07:50 PM
Hi all, i'm new :smallbiggrin:

well to tell the truth i have been reading the forms and oots for over 4 months, just never got around to joining :smallredface:

Lord_Nathanel
2007-11-03, 10:37 PM
i've been gone a long time, its good to be back

Cassady.
2007-11-04, 12:37 AM
Errr, always forget how to do this, how do you wrap whatever it is around a link so that it shows up as a name or word instead that's the link.

Nevermind, got it.

Skippy
2007-11-04, 12:51 AM
Errr, always forget how to do this, how do you wrap whatever it is around a link so that it shows up as a name or word instead that's the link.

Like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-Q2rDd6Tw)

It will look like this (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-Q2rDd6Tw)

Welcome to the Playground, everybody!! Be nice and please do not feed the trolls!
@V: Just kidding.

Cassady.
2007-11-04, 12:54 AM
Thanks....wait,....I wasn't suposed to feed them...:smalleek:

krustyknuckles
2007-11-04, 05:23 AM
Hello, I'm... *rolls a d20*...

Glad to be here. :D

Irish_Thog
2007-11-04, 06:16 PM
Hellloooooo!!

So....you come here often?

Cadarth
2007-11-05, 01:26 AM
Yo. Nice RP site and all. :smallcool:

Mezzalli
2007-11-05, 01:50 AM
Hey everyone, long time lurker. I live in Las Vegas, also known as the CN heaven. Joined about 3 weeks ago, but life has prevented me from posting before now.

Incidentally, OotS is the best comic I have ever read!

Almost forgot, Mezzalli is the name of my first character, a blood elf mage. He's still alive.

hrak
2007-11-05, 06:31 AM
Welcome, hope you guys enjoy the forms, i do.

Ramebriz
2007-11-05, 10:37 AM
I'm not reaally new, but i havent presenteeed myself, so...
HI to everyone.

angelusmichael
2007-11-05, 05:44 PM
Well, a family member suggested I try this gaming out. I thought ok. I am lost like my poor character Ian Garcia from East Dallas. I have no idea what I am doing. I talked to some nice guys; I think one was a demon. That really does not happen in my real life. Well, if anyone has tips for me or poor lost Ian, we would both appreciate it.:smallsmile:

Ramebriz
2007-11-05, 09:29 PM
angelusmichael get into a warewolf game

Wimptactix
2007-11-06, 02:10 AM
hi.
hmmmm....
i just joined, like, 30 minutes ago and thought i should say hi.

Samehines
2007-11-06, 09:32 AM
Hello, I have been reading OOTS for a few months now. I am on my 3 time going through it. I recently started playing d&d thanks to it.

A_ND
2007-11-06, 09:52 AM
Hello! I've known this comic for a year or so. I really like it :smallbiggrin:

Soveliss
2007-11-06, 01:50 PM
hi and welcome
OOTS is great:smallbiggrin:

Smeik
2007-11-06, 03:10 PM
Hello everyone!

As a long-time lurker, I have at least convinced myself to join this forum, although it's quite unusual for me to type in english.... well, nevermind, I think i'll get the hang to it, if i stay here long enough:smallwink:

Greetings,
Smeik

Erik Corvis
2007-11-06, 03:16 PM
Hiya...
And that's about the extent of my Hello's.

Just joined, loved OotS, and yeah, there you have it. Someone should shoot me a PM about how to add a custom avatar.

Thanks, hope to have a thousand meaningless conversations and at least one deep and life changing one. Indeed. Haha

Woofsie
2007-11-06, 03:28 PM
Hello all!

Been lurking here on and off for at least a year or two, mostly just reading OOTS. Some of the more awesome topics I've been reading the last few days have finally convinced me to join this wonderful community. :smallsmile:

Hopefully posting in the official welcome thread will make me stick around and keep it up. :smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2007-11-07, 01:32 PM
Hello! I've been lurking in the forums for a few weeks and decided to join! :smalltongue: Hooray!
How do you make a spoiler tag?

Skippy
2007-11-07, 02:02 PM
Welcome everyone!

The spoiler tags work like this:

Snape killed Trinity with Rosebud

Should look like this:

Snape killed Trinity with Rosebud

Enjoy the Playground!

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-07, 05:16 PM
And if you want to demonstrate this to anyone else who asks, use the {noparse}{/noparse} tags. Except with [ instead of {.

That way, one could type This text is supposed to be hidden. without it actually forming a spoiler tag.

Amos
2007-11-08, 05:59 AM
Well im new, guess this is a good thread to say hello to everyone^^
Hello everyone .. there we go :)
greetz

pogo_freak
2007-11-08, 01:17 PM
Hey people. I'm new here and from my username you may have surmised that I am obsessed with pogosticks. My Flybar is my life. Well farewell for now.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-08, 02:30 PM
Woot! A Fellow Pogoer!

I don't have anything as good as a Flybar, but my Razor Gogo is my life. I keep it in my car to show off any skater punks that come by.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-08, 03:04 PM
Hello. Welcome to the Playground. Generally people say "Hi." here but I think I'll warn you about some things:
Pies, hugs, pogos, stabbities, white text, kills, kisses, white text, AMEN. Pretty much everything. *stab to anyone reading this*

VetMichael
2007-11-08, 03:16 PM
Hey everyone, since I'm new here and since tradition dictates I should proffer my salutations herein, here I am.

HI! :smallbiggrin:

zeratul
2007-11-08, 05:03 PM
I love the smell of newbies in the mornin! Smells like freedom.

Hia new people, have a good time here, try not to run into any large red walls, don't eat cassies pies, and never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.....

:smalltongue:

Wolfer
2007-11-08, 06:59 PM
I acctually should have posted here first, but didn't. Don't know why. Anyways, I'm rectifying that error of judgement and posting here as my fourth or fifth post. Hullo!

I play RPGs (obviously) and I like fantasy, sci-fi and psychological horror movies and computer games and other nerdy stuff. I mainly (by that I mean only) play Dungeons and dragons and Vampire: The Requiem. WOOHOO! Intro: Over.:tongue:

Secret Agent Man
2007-11-09, 12:51 AM
Hey all. I've read the entire OoTS archive twice, plus my roommate's been a member here for a while (he introduced me to the site). I'm sure I'll have a pleasent time here.

Too bad my username got truncated. :smallconfused:

Mythos
2007-11-09, 05:27 AM
HI!:smallbiggrin: I'm new, and furious! :smallfurious: I read the whole OOTS series in two days, there is nothing left. I mean, what am I supposed to do now? :smallconfused:
Also, how do I put my avatar on? I feel so naked and vulnerable! :smalleek:
Oh nevermind, I dug and found my answer, thank you!
I think something happened when I exported it from illustrator to photoshop. I may be able to fix that, maybe...

Ceska
2007-11-09, 06:00 AM
Welcome all new members.

Mythos, you should go and post in friendly banter. Or anything else for that matter. And then, soon, soon you will be addicted to these boards. *evil laughter*.

It seems..squished. Do you need it resized? If so just post the original pic here.

redshift
2007-11-09, 02:58 PM
ohh... neat editor... any way to set default fonts & colors??? OH! And "Hi!" to all!

picklepenguin
2007-11-09, 04:06 PM
HI EVERYONE! i'm new. :smile: cool posting options...

hyperfreak497
2007-11-09, 04:09 PM
HI!:smallbiggrin: I'm new, and furious! :smallfurious: I read the whole OOTS series in two days, there is nothing left. I mean, what am I supposed to do now? :smallconfused:

Read Goblins. Or The N00b. Or Home on the Strange. Or Looking for Group. Or Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic. Or Chainmail Bikini. Or DM of the Rings. Or all of them.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-10, 08:47 AM
Or 8-bit theatre. good comic right there.

icabod94
2007-11-10, 07:51 PM
Hey, have read the comics for years and own the books, finaly decided to join the forums

Veneficus
2007-11-11, 10:00 AM
Hi all,

wow! i only found this site a few days ago. Since then i have read all of the comics and liked them so much i thought i would join the forum. great stuff Rich.

Hama
2007-11-11, 01:02 PM
HI everyone!
Started reading OOTS since a few years ago...decided to start posting today...unforgivably long delay...

AduvenKroww
2007-11-11, 03:09 PM
This is a very interesting site you have here.

I think I'm going to enjoy reading those comics. They look pretty good.

So yeah...as you can guess, I'm new, just joined today...yup.

Drago
2007-11-11, 03:34 PM
System.out.println("Hello World!")

Oh umm, hello to everything in the playground.
(The comics here rock.)

MacDonaldGirl
2007-11-11, 08:36 PM
Wiiii I'm new here! Omg hello to everyone! Hi Harukiii!:smalltongue:

Kumdo
2007-11-12, 01:42 AM
Annyong Haseyo from Korea! I'm actually a Canadian ex-pat teaching english. I'm completely cut off from gaming over here and this site fills that void a little bit.

Anywho
Cheers!

Ed Sigma
2007-11-12, 06:06 PM
Hi there, long time OOTS reader, first time forum poster. Not much to say, I like RPGs, Sci-Fi films and TV shows, Cult Movies and Comics, geekdom in general basically so yeah, think I'll be at home here.

Thaxll'ssyllia
2007-11-12, 07:52 PM
Greetings, you're all so pleased to meet me, I know.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-12, 07:56 PM
Hi, long time OotS reader, first time poster. Could somebody tell me who this "Belkar" character is? And what is V's gender?

DezzieBoBezzie
2007-11-12, 08:26 PM
Hi, I'm Dezzie.
I like pie.

Magic Mage
2007-11-12, 09:03 PM
Hi there forum posters, I'm a long time reader of the Order of the Stick as well as forum lurker and I decided to join. I doubt that I will post much though since I'm mostly just lurk though but I'll see later.

Cakedeath
2007-11-12, 10:39 PM
Hi everybody!

I've been reading Oots for a few months, first time posting on the forums.

Madmal
2007-11-12, 10:41 PM
Well, hello to you all! hope you have fun. If you see someone in a pogo stick, run fast. :smallbiggrin:

Daen
2007-11-12, 11:23 PM
Hello everyone!

Longtime fan on OotS here, but new poster. :smallsmile:

Howdy!

Daen :smallcool:

hyperfreak497
2007-11-12, 11:26 PM
Hello everyone!

Longtime fan on OotS here, but new poster. :smallsmile:

Howdy!

Daen :smallcool:

Hello new poster! Get yourself down to Arts 'n' Crafts and order yourself up a custom avatar! I don't do requests, so you need not worry about my horrible Paint jobs cluttering up the section below your username.

Sky Strife
2007-11-13, 06:07 AM
Hello. I'm a n00b.
Hi Sir Joey!!!

Sardonyx
2007-11-13, 08:22 AM
Hello everyone!

Another long time reader but new poster here.

The Chino
2007-11-13, 12:21 PM
Hey all. Just saying hi and all that

Lord Shplane
2007-11-13, 07:53 PM
Anyone here also have a Drunk Duck account? You'll probably recognize me then.

EmeraldRose
2007-11-13, 07:59 PM
Just here to give all the new ones a cookie.

Really, that's all I'm doing...a welcome cookie.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/upload/2007/02/spider_cookie.jpg

Frakbox
2007-11-13, 08:08 PM
hola compadres. anyone here interested in any of the same subjects I am?

namely:
Beatboxing, High Jump, Theatre, Choir (concert and Jazz), Spanish(high school spanish 4 class), Athletics(non-specific), Sports(likewise non-specific), or D&D(3.5 rules)?

does andyone know a good charactor creator program is for 3.5 rules as a free download other than www.Redblade.org ? (refering to D&D)

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-13, 09:05 PM
Cookies!

*Takes bite*

Wait a minute, something tastes wrong. . .

Oh, and welcome new members.

Icewalker
2007-11-13, 09:07 PM
I don't think you're going to run out of fellows with dnd interest on this board. Head down to the gaming(d20) and the homebrew section :smallbiggrin:

hyperfreak497
2007-11-13, 09:25 PM
Beatboxing, High Jump, Theatre, Choir (concert and Jazz), Spanish(high school spanish 4 class), Athletics(non-specific), Sports(likewise non-specific), or D&D(3.5 rules)?

Beatboxing-No
High Jump-Starting track this year, I run pretty fast and I jump fairly high, I haven't decided for sure what events I'm going for, though
Theatre-Just had our last performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream on Saturday. Going to be participating in our school's spring musical, Cabaret.
Choir-I suck at singing
Spanish-I take French
Athletics-I'm quite active
Sports-I like 'em
D&D (3.5)-Ayep.

Em Blackleaf
2007-11-13, 09:58 PM
I love theater!

Anyway, welcome to the playground! Read the rules, watch out for white text and AMEN, and remember, play nice! *Invisi-stab*

Haruki-kun
2007-11-13, 10:01 PM
hola compadres. anyone here interested in any of the same subjects I am?

namely:

does andyone know a good charactor creator program is for 3.5 rules as a free download other than www.Redblade.org ? (refering to D&D)

Yup, two of those:

I'm into Theatre too.

Spanish....... well, some people around here are native speakers.

Welcome to the Playground! Have fun!

Ozzie
2007-11-14, 11:47 AM
Hi and Hello folks. A new fan of the OOTS. I followed a link here when the strip was at around 460 or so. It was so great, for weeks, every morning my wife and I were doing our morning coffee , giggling and burning through 100's of comics. Then one day, all the new ones were spent, and I was hitting the page every day checking for new ones and I realized : doh, I'm a fan.

So we bought all the books and the game, which was money well spent. the books are fun to go through when you need your fix of OOTS, and the game is challenging.

I was looking for a place to write a note to Rich Burlew just to say thanks for all the smiles, laughs, guffaws, tears, shouts and long conversations from and about his work. I hoping this is a place for that. Thanks for all the great work Rich.

Oz

cintain
2007-11-14, 01:09 PM
Hi there, everyone. I am a big fan of OotS (figures), I enjoy Rich Burlew's writings, and I am a relative newcomer to the entire messageboard experience. I am a long-time DM, love to write and play RPGs, and pretty much seem to manage to squeeze a life in the spaces left over from these.

I am also looking for some advice as to how to go about finding out more about play-by-post games. I would really like to try joining one. What's the best way to go about that? just post on the "recruitment" forum and wait?

Cheers to all. Happy to be here.:smallbiggrin:

EvanMouse
2007-11-14, 01:49 PM
hewwo everyone ^_^ me new here.

Surudoi
2007-11-14, 02:16 PM
Hehe:smallbiggrin: i finaly decided to create an account. I've been a fan for a few months so it'll be great talking with y'all

Kolb
2007-11-14, 03:45 PM
Hello ^^, I'm new :smallbiggrin:

Frakbox
2007-11-14, 03:49 PM
cool cool.
so how's everyone doing?
anything really great happen to you?

shrike
2007-11-14, 08:37 PM
Newbie happening over here! I knew I had to post in this thread when I found the OOTS flumph avatar.

I promise to be good.

Dragonrider
2007-11-14, 09:01 PM
*distributes cookies to the new folks*

Welcome, all!

Catskin
2007-11-14, 09:43 PM
I thought I'd stick my head out the windowscreen and wave "Hallo!" to all in the playground. HEY! :smallsmile:

2007-11-14, 11:59 PM
I'm new and I just wanted to say "Hi"

Raiser Blade
2007-11-15, 12:07 AM
Hello everyone! (to the new people) :smallsmile:

xanaphia
2007-11-15, 01:06 AM
I'm new! I just have a lot to say.

I love chickens.

Dib Monkey
2007-11-15, 07:39 AM
Hi all, I'm your new Mike

Fan of the comic for too long and recently got some spare time during the day and fancy playing a D&D game online where there's actual roleplay (imagine my suprise to find that it can exist)

Been a tabletop gamer for years including DMing a fair bit myself. Used rough D20 rules to write my own 'Matrix' game to fix the plot holes of the films (interesting if lengthy process) and usually happy to play any game that isn't horribly broken (eg BESM anyone?)

So anyway, hi and all that.

(Ps 'Dib Monkey' is taken from a cartoon called Invader Zim - those who haven't seen it should go now and find it..)

(no really, off you go)

fighter_chick
2007-11-15, 03:33 PM
Hey, so everyone! Im newish at dnd, i started this summer.....long story short me and my new best friends spend every friday and wednesday at his parents basment playing dnd and drinking Mt. Dew! haha, well i hope with this site i can become a better player and make new friends with this same, very fun, pass time! Later! Fighter_Chick :smallwink:

FrDougal
2007-11-15, 03:52 PM
Hi. Been reading for some time, and bought all the books, so thought I'd sign up and say hello.

Jarota
2007-11-15, 06:27 PM
hey everyone.. i'm new here and i'm trying my hand out at creating new classes based off of stuff i've seen on various anime and manga. loosely based i should say.. i'm not trying to completely recreate anything for dnd, but i could use all of the help i can get. so thanks for all of your patience and help

no one special
2007-11-15, 11:12 PM
Hi, I'm new, to this forum and the Order of the Stick comics. BTW, how do you change that thing below your name?

Skippy
2007-11-15, 11:23 PM
Hi, I'm new, to this forum and the Order of the Stick comics. BTW, how do you change that thing below your name?

That thing below your name is a "rank" (I use the term in lack of a better word). It changes as you post through the forums, but the rules specify that if you post ONLY to increase your rank you can get troubles, so don't do it. Have a good time, hang around a while and someday, when you are less expecting it, your rank will change. There's no rush, and having different ranks means nothing at all.

Everybody have fun!!

Lord Pikachu
2007-11-16, 12:35 PM
Hey, people. I'm a friend of V Junior's (she's an AMEN person, I'm headed there no), who got shown to the playground by her. So hey. I like rock music, Pokemon (duh), and blondes :wink:.

Scythoro
2007-11-16, 01:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
I was introduced to OOTS a few weeks ago, but I decided to become a member after reading some of Rich Burlew's articles. I have many hobbies (meaning I get nothing productive done), I go to school in at the University of Florida where I am an engineering student. I spend most of my free time either with my girlfriend (who goes to FSU), developing my own fantasy world (no particular reason why), gaming on LOTRO, or drawing up plans for a something else to tinker with.
Thanks,
Scythoro

Also (My favorite quote):I think I just had an evilgasm.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-16, 09:35 PM
Hey, people. I'm a friend of V Junior's (she's an AMEN person, I'm headed there no), who got shown to the playground by her. So hey. I like rock music, Pokemon (duh), and blondes :wink:.

Death to AMEN! The light of HALO shall resound upon the earth!

Also, greetings to newbies. If you have a question about the site, just send me a PM by clicking on my name and selecting the Private Message section.

BigBooter
2007-11-17, 05:10 AM
Greets, salutes, and hearty hello-type sentiments to all fellow OotSers, Babylon 5 fans, and old skool D&D vets! (That's OD&D, no AD&D 1st ed, 2nd ed, 3rd ed, etc... :smallbiggrin: )

Glad to see so many fans of the Giant-meister out there (I admit, I was suckered by what I percieved to be a Babylon 5 reference - Capt. John J. Sheridan, describing the Shadow Wars as "giants in the playground" :smallcool: ) However, I am now admittedly a shameless Stick addict, forever nervously checking the feed for another 'hit'... can't remember when I 'turned', but it was somewhere around OotS0218 ("Which reminds me of a story from when I was young. See, there was this keep, and it sat on the Borderlands...") [ wipes nostalgic tear from eye ]

Aw, shucks, who am I kidding? I was hooked after "Grrr. Roy smash puny kobolds. (I have an MBA, you know...)"

Anyway, hope to be a part of the endless excitement that is the GitP forums! Look forward to seeing you all there! (except for anyone who does not like Australians... in which case, "Boot to the face! [thwack!]" :smalleek:

Cheers!!!

P.S. Anyone who could offer some custom avatar advice... I don't have an http:// address I can link my custom pic from (the 'big boot' that Phil Rodriguez whips out during the Big Trial in Shojo's throne room)... any and all advice welcome, especially the constructive and useful kind... :smallbiggrin:

Vael Nir
2007-11-17, 06:22 PM
Hey, just dropping in to say hi. My D&D group hails from Vienna, Austria and has been active for 6 years now. Stumbled on the OotS site and read the entire storyline in two sittings... really enjoying the style. :-)

I was also pleasently surprised by these forums, so many zany and funny posts and topics...

einen schönen abend wünsche ich euch ;)

Ceska
2007-11-17, 06:26 PM
Hey, another countryman! Welcome! Einen wunderschönen Abend und liebe Grüße aus Graz!

And also a hearty welcome to all other members.

Zar Peter
2007-11-18, 02:40 PM
Der zweite Wiener hier! :smallcool: Hello and welcome to the playground, hope you have fun! And all the others, too!

kiwee
2007-11-18, 02:47 PM
hello everyone! I have just joined the forum after reading all 506 Order of the Stick comics ;)

assassin8
2007-11-18, 11:44 PM
hola everyone in the playground!

BirdseyeSpeedwe
2007-11-19, 08:14 AM
Hey everyone ... I'm a longtime reader of Oots and Giants in the playground in general but have never ventured to the forum before ... so yeh ... thats about it lol :smallbiggrin:

cat-the-odd
2007-11-19, 10:41 AM
Heho

New user - new noob questions :smallbiggrin:.
I wonder if I could get this smiley pack somewhere...

cat

Vavaara
2007-11-19, 12:49 PM
Hi all, long-time reader of OotS and lurker on the forums, though I didn't sign up till now. Hoping to have a great time here! *Heads off to the Hombrew section*

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-19, 05:35 PM
Greetings new folks. If you have any questions, drop me a PM and I'll get back as soon as possible!

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 06:59 PM
hey :)

im new here (obviosly)

gunna half some fun! :D

Pardue
2007-11-19, 06:59 PM
ha y guys.

my nam is pardue.
i com form a land far fa:miko: r away, wher the dinosarus fly.

i' m on a ndventure , would anbody car e to join me???????????????????????????????????????????????

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:00 PM
ha y guys.

my nam is pardue.

i' m on a ndventure , would anbody car e to join me???????????????????????????????????????????????

nice litle dude! where you get those?

Pardue
2007-11-19, 07:00 PM
:smallfurious:

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:01 PM
haha i think i no! thes emotixons are cool!:roach: :redcloak: :nale: :mitd: :durkon:

Pardue
2007-11-19, 07:02 PM
lol yeh

hey lets get on halo 32 on liev in a few ok? :smallredface: :smallamused: :smallsmile: :smallconfused: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:02 PM
oka pardude!

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:03 PM
ha y guys.

my nam is pardue.

wait you want do go onaventur? can i come? ^^

Pardue
2007-11-19, 07:05 PM
ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tat depends, i hapen to have 34 charisma, 745 strengght, and 12240 hp. if u hav some potions than yes, you may aid me on mi adventuer.

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:05 PM
ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tat depends, i hapen to have 34 charisma, 745 strengght, and 12240 hp. if u hav some potions than yes, you may aid me on mi adventuer.

oh kay, i jus need my magik supls!

Pardue
2007-11-19, 07:08 PM
wel , ill let u chetch up wit the great PARDUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i re-rolld and now i'm a bard what calass are you?

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:10 PM
wel , ill let u chetch up wit the great PARDUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i re-rolld and now i'm a bard what calass are you?

im a laughful evl sorceres! 21 charasmi :smallsmile: :smallbiggrin:

Pardue
2007-11-19, 07:11 PM
:eek:
uh-ih!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:12 PM
XD dat post make me laff!?

Pardue
2007-11-19, 07:16 PM
Oh, hey guys.

I just got back. My little brother was on the computer.

So, what did I miss?

Pardue
2007-11-19, 07:17 PM
no its MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
:smallfurious:

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:18 PM
huh????! wtf?

Pardue
2007-11-19, 07:19 PM
>:(

my brig butter (geddit) is a butt

DarkWarrior_57
2007-11-19, 07:21 PM
dat fukin sucks pardude. but hey, hell be nice latr and he mite apologise!

Xopher
2007-11-20, 12:59 PM
Hi, just joined. I guess that means I'm both Old (in my person) and New (as a poster to these fora).

I signed up just to send The Giant good wishes for the speedy healing of his injured elbow. (If there's already a thread specifically for that, I didn't see one, but I'm not good at finding things yet.) Dratted ice patch.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-20, 07:52 PM
Hey new folks.

And you two with the five hundred in a row posts, don't. That's spam, and I hughly suspect that you are the same person.

Joseph
2007-11-20, 11:55 PM
Hello!
I'm a long time reader of 'Order of the Stick' and a short term lurker of these forums. After reading through so many great threads around this place I thought I really should join up and say hello, so here I am.

Wit
2007-11-21, 03:25 PM
Hey, all!

I'm not so much a long time reader so much as one who read a few hundred comics. In one night. They're pretty amazing.

Anyways...yeah. Looking forward to posting, and stuff :smalltongue:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-21, 03:46 PM
Wit? We can't have any of that here, just tired puns and old jokes...

Welcome.

Fencer X
2007-11-21, 04:10 PM
Well, mayhaps I ought to just get goin' :smallwink:

I'm not a long time reader either! But the comics are also amazing.

So...yeah. Hello!

MarioSpeedwagon
2007-11-21, 08:06 PM
Greetings, Forum!

I have been following OOTS for a while, now, and think it is frabjous!
:elan:

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-21, 09:13 PM
Well, mario, you're right. In fact, its awesometastic! Pimpalimin' even!

Yukime
2007-11-21, 09:15 PM
Howdy Y'all~

Name's Yuki-chan, I like to draw, read, dance, and once in a while write. I'm sometimes super busy and may disappear but I love forums and hope to find new friends -^^

CYA
MUAH

L1veW1re
2007-11-21, 10:32 PM
Hello everyone, I've looked at this forums for awhile but finally made a membership and hopefully looking for some d20 games to join and get down on.:smallsmile:

4nrky
2007-11-21, 11:04 PM
hi everyone, well, I know this forum from a long time 'cuz a friend, and finally today I step up and sign in, so l hope hav fun here and meet lotta people..

Skippy
2007-11-21, 11:20 PM
Welcome all the new people! Have a good time here, and please do not feed the trolls!!!

Welcome 4nrky!

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 08:43 AM
Man, we need one of those do not feed trolls posters, wait a second while I find it.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 08:45 AM
Here it is.

Good sign, feel free to use it on trolls. :smallcool:

http://enigma.dune.net/~eric/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

ciricinzia
2007-11-22, 05:12 PM
hello boy
I'm happy to visit you

FoE
2007-11-22, 05:28 PM
Welcome noobs! Here are some things to keep in mind:

1) Mind your sanity. So many people in the Playground have misplaced theirs.
2) In addition to fielding preposterous theories about Therkla the half-orc ninja and endless debates about the superiority of Star Wars vs. Star Trek, there is pointless fun to be had in the Silly Message Board Games. It's time well wasted.
3) Do not attempt to rub my belly for good luck. I will bite your fingers off.

Have fun! :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2007-11-22, 05:36 PM
3) Do not attempt to rub my belly for good luck. I will bite your fingers off.

I check this thread for the first time in month, and this bit makes me cry with laughter...:smallbiggrin:

Welcome all new people!

Few more points to remember:

1) Don't eat any of Cataras' pies if you want to live.

2) Stay away from SMBG if you want to retain your sanity (and your wallets if da Rogue is around)

3) Stay out of the war between AMEN and HALO, too many of us have perished to afford to lose any more lives!

4) Be ready to see a V's gender thread at least once a day.

5) Watch out for sarcastic halflings...

6) Don't feed the animals...or Face of Evil....he's on a diet :smallamused:

hackmaster
2007-11-22, 06:56 PM
Howdy. Long time reader, first time poster. Well, I posted ONCE before this actual post here.

If anyone frequents other gaming sites, and "general" onto the end of my name here, and you get what my usual handle is. Don't know why I switched it up, but hey - change is good.

Getting antsy for the new comic, hope it comes out soon. Love the direction its taken lately - its gone places I totally didn't expect, and I love how its shook up the whole comic universe overall.

I am an official OOTS geek, as I quote it constantly - especially Elan and Belkar. :smallbiggrin:

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 08:14 PM
I check this thread for the first time in month, and this bit makes me cry with laughter...:smallbiggrin:

Welcome all new people!

Few more points to remember:

1) Don't eat any of Cataras' pies if you want to live.

2) Stay away from SMBG if you want to retain your sanity (and your wallets if da Rogue is around)

3) Stay out of the war between AMEN and HALO, too many of us have perished to afford to lose any more lives!

4) Be ready to see a V's gender thread at least once a day.

5) Watch out for sarcastic halflings...

6) Don't feed the animals...or Face of Evil....he's on a diet :smallamused:

3a) Especially stay away from myself and darkblade. We've caused a good 20 people to go out and bleach their brains so far. :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2007-11-22, 09:28 PM
And even when she isn't, I might be. :smallamused:
(Heaven help you if the both of us are online!)

Volug
2007-11-22, 09:39 PM
3a) Especially stay away from myself and darkblade. We've caused a good 20 people to go out and bleach their brains so far. :smallbiggrin:

That shall not be spoken of! Beware the war between HALO and AMEN... People lose their sanity!!

(It IS funny though:smalltongue: ... In a sick sort of way)

shot-bya-monk
2007-11-22, 09:55 PM
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
im new as u can guess
i <3 this comic, i went thou this comic in in about a day i have to say this is the funnyest and one of the best story lines out there, this puts tsoalr to SHAME any way hello and yer. btw atm im a human monk:biggrin:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 10:00 PM

You never saw the Me and Magtok stuff, have you?
In the height of it, I posted a song that was followed by an entire page of Projectile Vomit and scarring for life.

"If, while you're out in space, love..."

farkingvarmint
2007-11-23, 11:13 AM
Hi all...
While I've been a big fan of OOTS for quite some time (and subsequently Erfworld), I've never been into the forums until today. I'm such a snob.
Anyway, I'm rectifying that now, and introducing myself. So, hi!

hyperfreak497
2007-11-23, 11:16 AM
Welcome to this lovely site! Make yourself at home!

Just wondering, have I been around long enough to say "Welcome to our site" instead of this?

N_1_c
2007-11-23, 03:43 PM
:smallconfused: Call me crazy, but I'm just here to say hello...

hyperfreak497
2007-11-23, 05:49 PM
:smallconfused: Call me crazy, but I'm just here to say hello...

Izzat a quote or something? Or do you just enjoy posting in creepy fonts?

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 06:54 PM
Who knows.

Welcome new folk, and remember, grammar is your friend.

Kojerico
2007-11-23, 07:36 PM
'Ello!

Been a reader for awhile now, and finally decided to register. Thinking about looking for a PBP game, since OOTS got me back in the D&D mood.

My name is Darcone (Dar-Sone), but my friends just call me Darc. I'm 21, and about to be in the US Army.

:belkar: is easily my favorite character, followered by :redcloak:.

Guess anything ya wanna know, just ask.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 07:47 PM
Hey there.

If you have any questions, just send me a PM.

Kojerico
2007-11-23, 08:03 PM
Well, one question comes to mind right away. How'd you guys get those awesome OOTS style custome avatars?

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 08:50 PM
Well, you can make one yourself, or you could send somebody a PM asking them to make you one.

Just make sure you say that they did it in your sig though.

Like mine, see how I gave credit to Z-Axis for the avatar?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 08:54 PM
There's also a thread for it in Arts and Crafts section of your local forum.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 08:56 PM
Ah yes, how could I have forgotten? :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 08:59 PM
Nah, I'm just posting here to make sure he sees the link and phrase in my sig...

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 09:00 PM
Rex, if you're open for avatar requests, you should have a portfolio so people know what they're getting.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 09:03 PM
I'm working on adopting a new style, my old one is worthless with the onset of new rules, over 40 pogatars, and I can't use a single one...

For now, I'm working on avatars like my Goth chick, black and bright colors....

Anon. and on
2007-11-23, 09:11 PM
It really annoys me that we can't have animated gifs. I mean, how are we meant to burn your eyes without them (excepting the House of Horrors)?

Oh, and I'm new ... here at least :smallamused:.

Tristan
2007-11-24, 01:24 AM
Yeah. New poster.

slight strider
2007-11-24, 03:30 AM
Hello, I'm new. Ya, so i've been reading oots for a while now (69 episodes), but I was too lazy to get an avatar, but I decided to get one tonight.

Gaelbert
2007-11-24, 03:37 AM
Hello, I'm new.

I'm coolgaelbert and I support this message!
*thumbs up*
Glad you finally joined.
And a hearty welcome to all new forumgoers. Prepare to lose most of your free time.

slight strider
2007-11-24, 03:42 AM
Thanks, odd looking pirate dude with a funny smile.

:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-24, 07:53 AM
Well, hey. Remember folks, read the rules for avatars and signatures.

Monkey Zombie
2007-11-25, 02:26 AM
Hello, The name is Monkey Zombie but people call me MZ because it saves time.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-25, 08:39 AM
Hey there MZ. Have fun.

KitsuK
2007-11-25, 06:27 PM
Hey, hey, hi guys! New too, spent a few days going through both the comics (and do not regret it for a moment! It is the awesome!) Well, I'll be off now. *wave* :smallsmile:

Sneak
2007-11-25, 06:54 PM
Welcome everyone!

Have a good time!

Don't forget to eat and sleep!

Except for you, Monkey Zombie. No need.