PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-25, 06:57 PM
And folks, you just had the luck of witnessing a god in action: Sneak, take a bow!

Illiterate Scribe
2007-11-25, 07:03 PM
Oh noes! Sneak got 1000GET!

Dragonrider
2007-11-25, 07:23 PM
Shas'aia, it just occurred to me that you're smiting Face of Evil's gluttony avatar in your sig banner. :smallbiggrin: that's pretty hilarious.

Oh...and hi, all you new folks!

*throws cookie to the crowd*

*ahem* Ignore the mold...yeah, okay, it's the same cookie they gave me when I joined. :smallamused:

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-25, 10:08 PM
Shas'aia, it just occurred to me that you're smiting Face of Evil's gluttony avatar in your sig banner. :smallbiggrin: that's pretty hilarious.

Oh...and hi, all you new folks!

*throws cookie to the crowd*

*ahem* Ignore the mold...yeah, okay, it's the same cookie they gave me when I joined. :smallamused:

Of couse it's him. After all, he is going to win Demon ITP, so what better way to show my running for angel then smiting him down?

*steals cookie*

New folk, PM me if you have a question.

Fillerman
2007-11-26, 12:41 PM
New challenger has arrived!

Fillerman!

James Deschain
2007-11-26, 11:26 PM
salutations to all of my fellow gaming enthusiasts/visionaries/players/nerds/geeks /other-similar-title's

I was introduced to oots by a friend of mine and read 506 episodes in an afternoon and promptly decided that it was necessary to join this forum and tap this amazing body of knowledge and experience to facilitate my fledgling DMing regime.

so this is me, the legendary warrior-woodsmith James Deschain, I hope to enjoy this forum and wonderful community:smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2007-11-26, 11:54 PM
Welcome aboard folks!

Come visit us in the SMBG threads, just fail your SAN check at the door... :smallamused:

Arioch
2007-11-27, 01:18 PM
Hi, I'm new.

I've been reading OotS for ages, but have only just got my own computer and thus gained access to the wonderful world of internet communication, which has hitherto been barred from me. This is my first forum (well, apart from MSE, and I only use that for card help). I wanted to be Azazel, but someone had already taken that, so I'm Arioch instead.

So, yeah, hi.

Bago!!!
2007-11-27, 03:24 PM
Greetings gents!

I have read order of the stick for over a year now, and I have been a great fan of it. Finally, I have decided to join the site and read/make stuff on here and (hopefully) play some play-by-post games. Hope to get involved!

BAGO!!!

James Deschain
2007-11-27, 10:34 PM
can some one tell me how to put an image I've created in MSpaint as my avatar? I read some where that you could but didn't quite understand how.

Skippy
2007-11-27, 11:11 PM
can some one tell me how to put an image I've created in MSpaint as my avatar? I read some where that you could but didn't quite understand how.

You need to host your image somewhere. Most of us use photobucket or imageshack. Once it is hosted, go to "User CP --> Edit Options --> Custom Avatar URL" and post there the URL to your image.

Make sure your avatar goes according to the rules, of course!

And welcome everyone to this amazing place we call Playground!

Green Dragon
2007-11-28, 08:40 AM
Hi, as you can see I'm new! *waves to everyone*
I'm mainly here because this is the only forum site that isn't blocked by the school's thing. Well, just call me GD! I'll be mostly hanging around the Gaming (Other) section.

James Deschain
2007-11-28, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=radikalskippy;3580411]You need to host your image somewhere. Most of us use photobucket or imageshack. Once it is hosted, go to "User CP --> Edit Options --> Custom Avatar URL" and post there the URL to your image.[QUOTE]

Thank you. that makes sense :smallbiggrin:

Surdej
2007-11-28, 02:25 PM
Hi all - New member here, love all the chit chatting in this forum, and thought that I would like a say in some of the things:smalltongue:

From Denmark so I will post my replies to you when you are in bed sleeping or whatever you do at night (Gaming as an example).

Ta daa, well I've said hi now hasen't I! Lets get some Bugbears

Lord Herman
2007-11-28, 02:51 PM
Welcome, new people. Have fun in the playground!

And don't worry, Surdej, there are plenty of Europeans here, so you won't be alone.

FoE
2007-11-28, 02:56 PM
Welcome, one and all! I am the Face of Evil, and I will be collecting your coats, hats and souls at the door. :smallwink:

While you're here, why not head down to Silly Message Board Games and nominate Face of Evil for the "Demon" trophy in the Outsiders in the Playground thread? It's what all the cool kids are doing! Well, that and trading their souls to the Abyss in exchange for wealth and power. :smallamused:

NOTE: This has been a paid message by the campaign to elect Face of Evil as Demon in the Playground. The Face of Evil does in no way advocate the totally cool practice of demon-worship.

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-28, 06:10 PM
*Whacks FoE with the Cold Iron Mallet*

Bad Demon, Bad! Stop advertising for a contest you already have in the bag! :smalltongue:

Oh, and hello to everyone new.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-28, 06:24 PM
But while you're down nominating FoE, feel free to vote Shas'aia Toriia, who is an outsider, not an elf for Angel ITP!

Welcome to the new folk!

Emperor Tippy
2007-11-28, 07:20 PM
Well seeing as I have never bothered to introduce myself in any of the welcome threads before I must be an unknown. :smallwink:

Hello all you new people, follow the rules, think before you post, and don't be *****.

FinalJustice
2007-11-28, 07:35 PM
Hi there fellas, I'm a Brazilian D&D player and a huge fan of OOTS. This forums looks funny and people know what they're talkin' about when it comes to RPG. Sounds really fun. Oh, and if I screw up english, please don't get too annoyed and correct me. Thanks =D

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-28, 07:37 PM
Hi there! :smallsmile:
I'll have to remember your nationality, because when native English speakers mess up spelling and grammar, it makes me twitch. :smallwink:

Charmalade
2007-11-28, 10:22 PM
Hello. Formal greetings are always awkward.

Been reading OotS for awhile now. Recently started being a very shabby DM. Thought no better place to come than these forums. Decided to register after a few days of silent trolling. :smallbiggrin:

Nice to meet anyone who reads this in the near future. Cheers!

FinalJustice
2007-11-28, 10:22 PM
I think I'll put that on my sig. XD

peach_bug
2007-11-29, 12:16 AM
Oooohh! My first stupid question... *coughs, taps microphone* Testing...Okay. So uh, how about those six dollar burgers? So uh...can I change my avatar?

Jack Squat
2007-11-29, 12:35 AM
yes, yes you can. It's in User CP, and under Edit Options.

Welcome to the Playground.

Skippy
2007-11-29, 12:37 AM
Oooohh! My first stupid question... *coughs, taps microphone* Testing...Okay. So uh, how about those six dollar burgers? So uh...can I change my avatar?

Some wise guy said once that there are no stupid questions. Yes, you can change your avatar. First of all, you need an image. Follow the rules regarding said image. Once you have it, host it somewhere (Photobucket or Imageshack are the most used host sites here). Get the URL, go to your User CP --> Edit Options. There you'll find the option.

Welcome to the Playground! Have a good time here! And don't mind all the people with the same avatars. It's a little joke we're doing today. By tomorrow everything will be normal again and you'll see a lot of different avatars here.

EDIT: And I was simu'ed.

Leper_Kahn
2007-11-29, 12:40 AM
Were you? Or was it just another account of yours? I can't tell because of the avatar.

Wait...

Note: This won't make sense in a few days.

P.S. Welcome to the playground. We like to have fun!

Arioch
2007-11-29, 02:29 PM
...when native English speakers mess up spelling and grammar, it makes me twitch. :smallwink:

Friend! :thog:

hanpieta
2007-11-29, 04:06 PM
Hello. I'm new here, and was given this site as a recommendation from a friend for the online DnD. I'm new to the online version but I'm experienced enough in the board version of the game. :smallsmile:

Also, I'm one of those people that like it if you spell correctly. Please do... written language was invented for a reason. And if you have English as your first language, please don't screw up the grammar or misspell commonplace words. It's very annoying. :smallfrown:

Phelix_was_Here
2007-11-29, 04:53 PM
Hey peoples.....Im a wizard

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-29, 05:20 PM
I'm a Favoured Soul. And Draken is CR 250. :smallannoyed:

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-29, 05:30 PM
Welcome, new folk. If you're a compulsive spelling perfectionist like me, you just found one of the best spots on the web.
Not that we have a vigilante group that enforces it, no...
Watch out for white text. (Like above.) Many things lurk unseen. :smallbiggrin:

StickMan
2007-11-29, 06:06 PM
And if your spelling is crummy like mine well that is why The Giant has an edit button to fix things. And hey spell check is nice too (its how I survive).

Remember we like to keep things nice here, we like to think this is the friendliest forum on the web that is not about telitubies. This basically mean follow forum rules, don't slam people for things you disagree with and when looking over someones work the rules of PEACH are always in place.

Welcome to the forum all.

(Also my normal Avatar is a Green robed Mage casting magic missile, this Avatar is part of an on going joke).

DrunkPrivateer
2007-11-29, 06:56 PM
Hello. I am new. Greetings.

Autumn Blooming
2007-11-29, 07:30 PM
Hello all! Long time reader, but finally posting. I am a huge fan of the strip and glad to be here.

StickMan
2007-11-29, 07:56 PM
Hello all! Long time reader, but finally posting. I am a huge fan of the strip and glad to be here.

Trust me, you come for the comic and stay for the forum you'll love it here.

CrystaCub
2007-11-29, 11:04 PM
Hello!!!! Everyone!!!
I'm a long time lurker (like a month or so) who has finally decided to pounce the forums and join the fun. I'm sure you'll all love to hear (read) my life story but it is currently lost in some mountain range and the map is in some chest in the one of the oceans :smalltongue:

So.. I now go a popping in the other topics and poke fun at things.

=^.^= (you'll come to recognize this REAL fast teehee)

mainiac
2007-11-30, 12:25 AM
Hey, long time fan who finally got seduced by the forum here. I've been here a few days now and I gotta say I'm liking it.

itrush07
2007-11-30, 02:26 AM
Yahoooooo, I'm In! Welcome me please!

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-30, 07:47 AM
Welcome CrystaCub, mainiac and itrush07. Your desire to be welcomed has been fulfilled.

It's always good if some lurkers decide to become active members. That means I don't have to explain everything :smalltongue:
For you, itrush, since I assume you're not a lurker, the lounge is to your left, if you're feeling bored feel free to visit SMBG (That's Silly Message Board Games to you) and beware of the Mods. They bite :smallwink:

Skippy
2007-11-30, 01:25 PM
Welcome CrystaCub, mainiac and itrush07. Your desire to be welcomed has been fulfilled.

It's always good if some lurkers decide to become active members. That means I don't have to explain everything :smalltongue:
For you, itrush, since I assume you're not a lurker, the lounge is to your left, if you're feeling bored feel free to visit SMBG (That's Silly Message Board Games to you) and beware of the Mods. They bite :smallwink:

You are wrong! Rawhide's even got a nice organization running somewhere. I saw it on another thread.

Imrik
2007-11-30, 01:50 PM
Hey. Long time reader and lurker, decided to finally get a forums account and... probably lurk with intent? I'm a big fan of the comic, despite my only familiarity with D'n'D being the movie released a while back... and I'm going to hazard that that means I'm not familiar with it at all! :smallcool:

But on the other hand, having read the comic I'm now really curious about D'n'D.

Please don't eat me. :roach:

Barbwirerooster
2007-11-30, 02:43 PM
I am here to bring grammer to the masses! Kneel and repent, oh ye of the misplaced conjunction!

BlueRose
2007-11-30, 03:37 PM
Hi all!

I've been lurking around for a few days though I've been reading Oots for a while now. Love it! Thought I'd finally register and participate a bit.

*waves*

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-30, 03:43 PM
*waves back*

Always good to see someone new around. Welcome! :smallsmile:

Yeernok
2007-11-30, 06:40 PM
Attention everyone, I have an announcement to make...
GNOLL ROGUE!. That is all... :tongue:

leejaypacer
2007-11-30, 06:59 PM
Im a new member here, I would like to introduce myself here. My partner got me into gaming. I live rifts, D&D and D20 modern and future and some wild west games too...

Lisa lee

Negoblle2
2007-11-30, 09:52 PM
hi im new and they told me to post here...so......i guess im posting here

Skippy
2007-11-30, 11:31 PM
Welcome again to all the new people. Yeernok, please read the rules regarding the signature before someone gets pissed at the length of it.

Cyrano
2007-11-30, 11:34 PM
Yeernok, signature rules and formatting rules. Read them carefully. Also, welcome and have fun!

Everyone else! Welcome to you all, and remember: We are not trustworthy. We are treachorous, evil, inconsistent and fun. Keep that in mind, and join us!

Zarah
2007-12-01, 04:36 AM
Howdy all. Although I've been reading OotS for just around a year now, I never start poking around the forums until just recently, so I thought I'd sign up and start posting. In short, it's good to be here! :smallbiggrin:

Now excuse me while I roll my Gather Information check and scour the forums some more.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-01, 12:01 PM
Hello to all new folks. And remember, HALO can always use more conscripts willing volunteers to help fight AMEN.
You can find the links in my sig, I think.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-01, 06:22 PM
Or, you can join AMEN, and fight those goody two shoes HALOers. AMEN can always use more slaves valuable members of our society.

Pssst, Shas, I think we're freaking out the new guys!

Garian
2007-12-01, 06:46 PM
WElcome all newcomers!

The Bunny
2007-12-01, 09:59 PM
Hello everyone!

Amotis
2007-12-01, 10:00 PM
Hello everyone!

Umm...nice avatar. O.o

The Bunny
2007-12-01, 10:00 PM
....thanks...?:smalleek:

Amotis
2007-12-01, 10:02 PM
It's distilled cute. The kind that makes you blink a few times before moving on. You're welcome.

Zordrath
2007-12-02, 08:51 AM
Hello, world! :smallbiggrin:

jaynot
2007-12-02, 09:06 AM
Hello all. I am new, I can't wait to play... I barely understand this thing called.. internet.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-02, 10:12 AM
Well, hey folks.

Remember, don't spam posts just to increase the title and become an orc/barbarian/troll/titan in the playground (the little title under your name).

It doesn't mean much, just who's more active (usually). Also, don't make fun of somebody for having a lower title then you, and treat them with the same amount of respect you would give anybody else.

Thanks.

The Bushranger
2007-12-02, 12:30 PM
And I repeat Shas' earlier call for HALO (http://haloitp.wikispaces.com/) recruits! Just don't bother if you habitually fail SAN checks...no, wait, you'll fail them anyway. :smalltongue:

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-02, 05:02 PM
Well, I think that there aren't many SAN checks left.

And folks, if you're deadset on being the most evil villain possible, you could join the Idiocracy AMEN. Now, if you're Neutral, Good, or even Lawful Stupid, HALO will gladly take you in and support you.

Haruki-kun wants YOU to join HALO in the fight against AMEN.

busterwolf
2007-12-02, 09:16 PM
Must think of something startingly original.

HELLO!

Kneenibble
2007-12-03, 12:23 AM
I started reading Order of the Stick in India this past summer on my days off in a crummy little Internet cafe/closet, overlooked by a laminated poster of Ganesha. It helped distract me from the heat but not the traveller's diarrhea. It has been good times since then.

Zemro
2007-12-03, 03:30 AM
After having kept up with OoTS for the past couple years, and having nosed around at what go on around here, I figured I might as well join up and see what happens.

Crimmy
2007-12-03, 11:36 AM
welcome all of you, I would recommend you to be imprisoned join AMEN
if you want a custom avvie, you can enter the Arts and Crafts section

Drowbane
2007-12-03, 12:34 PM
Eh, howdy folks!

I ran into a fellow gamer at work the other night who posts here... so I thought I'd check it out.

Now to figure out how to get my Avatar online so I can use it (its a friend's OotS-style rendition of a 3.5 character of mine).

edit: Eh, why am I a pixie? :p

Amotis
2007-12-03, 12:35 PM
Upload it on a site like photobucket.com

Skippy
2007-12-03, 12:39 PM
I saw Amotis' name in the Welcome thread and I thought "You gotta be kidding me..." :smallbiggrin:

@Drowbane: You are a pixie because you have just a few posts. Someday you'll have another rank if you post enough. But don't go posting just to increase your rank, because it is frowned upon.

Have a good time and make sure you read the rules to ensure your time in the Playground is as good as mine!

And Welcome, Amotis! :smalltongue:

siokhanil
2007-12-03, 10:25 PM
Ahoy and whatnot.
Wish I'd discovered Order of the Stick sooner. :smallsmile:

Lunaya
2007-12-04, 02:37 AM
Hi there! I just discovered the Order and I'm already hooked. Looking forward to meeting everyone! :smallsmile:

wadledo
2007-12-04, 02:42 AM
Pixies!
*hugs the pixies*
So cute and fwufy.

Biotroll
2007-12-04, 04:08 AM
Umm... I would like to say something like... umm... Hi. :smallbiggrin:

guttersnipe
2007-12-04, 08:33 AM
hello....newbie who's been reading oots for ages, but only JUST noticed the forum button on the left.

must have put more ranks in spot recently.

SuperMuldoon
2007-12-04, 02:32 PM
Hey all, love the comic and now I see there is a forum full of fun (that I can also access at work!) so here I am! *waves*

Arioch
2007-12-04, 02:54 PM
I've been here a week now. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, hey, slightly-newer-than-me guys. From what I've seen so far, its a very good forum.

I'll gladly join AMEN, but if anyone tries to enslave me I'm gonna get necromancer on yo' ass!

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-04, 03:55 PM
Umm... I would like to say something like... umm... Hi. :smallbiggrin:

Uhh... Umm... Er... Welcome. Yeah. :smalltongue:

Fin
2007-12-04, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the forums!

And don't worry there are no slaves at AMEN just a few unwilling, unpayed under appreciated volenteers!

lilbenji25
2007-12-04, 05:32 PM
greetings mere mortals. prepare to have your ass's handed to u on silver platters.

i mean that in the meekest and most humble of senses of course.

Andy McRandom attacks again.

lilbenji25
2007-12-04, 05:33 PM
greetings mere mortals.

have you, or some one you know, had an accident in the last year that wasnt your fault? were you mortally wounded in the work place or at home? would you like compensation for the loss of breathing privilages?

the answer is clear!

join zomb-aid!

the only organisation that promises a happy undeath.

(side effects may include death, loss of limbs and cognative ability)

eternal servitude required

Hylleddin
2007-12-04, 07:19 PM
Hi!

I've been hooked on OotS and DnD for a long time and finally got around to foining the forums.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-04, 07:42 PM
Hello and welcome new folks. There's a spell check button, so feel free to use it.

Also, vote me for angel in the playground. Click on the "vote" in my sig, and type

Angel
Shas'aia Toriia

Chancellor
2007-12-04, 07:47 PM
Not much to say but: Hello! I used to roam these forums years ago as Duck_The_DM, but after subsequently lurking for several weeks I've decided to throw my hat back in the ring.

Cheers!

Alyosha
2007-12-04, 11:43 PM
Hi. I've been playing DnD for just about a year now in a kind of off and on way. I came across this website by the recommendation of a friend who enjoyed the gaming articles. They've been a big help and I hope I can get more of that kind of help here on the forums.

The Cap'n
2007-12-05, 01:02 AM
Hey all,

I've been reading OotS and lurking on these forums for a while now, and figured that I may as well start commenting. My usual haunt over at ENWorld has been flooded with discussion about 4E, so I figured I would go where the 3.5 conversations still exist. You may know me as Robert Ranting from ENWorld and Monte Cook's Okay Your Turn forums if you post/lurk there as well.

I think the only poster I know personally on this board is Skjaldbakka, who I met through my college gaming club, the Miskatonic Student Union of UK. I could be wrong, however.

While I am mostly an Arcana Evolved player, I tend to hybridize it with core D&D supplements and a load of homebrew stuff. I am a huge proponent of the OGL, and generally prefer products from Malhavoc Press, Paizo, Fantasy Flight, Necromancer, and Green Ronin over the core WotC material, although PHB2 and the Eberron Campaign Setting have grown on me.

Regards,
The Cap'n

Juliwen
2007-12-05, 01:49 PM
Hi to all OOTS fans, hope I will behave in a proper way, so that I won't kill you... I mean so that YOU won't kill ME :smallsmile:

Biotroll
2007-12-05, 04:38 PM
Juliwen: Location: Prague ... Takže nejsem jedinej čech.:smalltongue:

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-05, 06:33 PM
Hello new folks. Hope to see you down in the Gaming (d20) or Silly Message Board games. And don't forget, vote Shas'aia Toriia for angel in the playground (link in my signature).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Lucia
2007-12-05, 06:35 PM
Hi there, its good to finally have signed up after all this time of outsider reading xD

Im no good at forums control, so i dont really know how to use the best features and post my most appreciated images. Also, glad to know im not the only one here with english as foreign language :smallsmile:, ill do my best to use it properly, meaning, writing something that makes SOME sense :smalltongue:

Completly in love with oots and music. Hope to be member for some time and greetings to all ootsers :smallbiggrin:

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-05, 06:38 PM
Im no good at forums control, so i dont really know how to use the best features and post my most appreciated images. Also, glad to know im not the only one here with english as foreign language :smallsmile:, ill do my best to use it properly, meaning, writing something that makes SOME sense :smalltongue:

Just get the image and put <picture here>.

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-05, 07:05 PM
Just get the image and put <picture URL here>.

Don't forget to clarify that.

Lucia
2007-12-05, 07:08 PM
Just get the image and put <picture here>.

I tried that, its weird really, im not even shure if it worked or not, my computer isnt healping either. Thanks anyway, i guess ill keep trying :smalltongue:
i bet it works next time

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-05, 07:18 PM
@^ Just to let you know, there are rules concerning the size of signatures, and I'm fairly sure that that picture there is too big... I'll get a quote from the rules in just a little bit.

Here we are:

The total width of images in your signature may not exceed 468 pixels. This may be comprised of one or more images.

The total height of images in your signature may not exceed 120 pixels. This may be comprised of one or more images.

Any images in a spoiler may not exceed 300 pixels high by 468 pixels wide.

Total height of your signature may not exceed 12 lines or equivalent. A smaller font may allow additional lines and a larger font will count against multiple lines. A 120 pixel high image is equivalent to 8 lines, a spoiler with no blank lines around it is equivalent to 2 lines. Please be aware of text wrapping as long lines will count as multiple lines at our discretion.

I bolded the important parts.

@v I think it's "ninjas."

Gaelbert
2007-12-05, 07:20 PM
It might be best if you keep that picture in spoilers. Simply do this: <picture URL here> and voila! A nice place to put lengthy posts or images.

Edit: See, this is why we need to exterminate the ninjas. (Ninjas? Ninja? Ninji? What is plural for ninja?

Lucia
2007-12-05, 10:00 PM
Forget it then, the picture isnt really necessary :P have no idea!!

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-06, 04:36 PM
IF you can though, you can resize the picture. I haven't the faintest idea how though . . .

Lucia
2007-12-06, 11:49 PM
Haha, nevermind, i just picked another pic (Not knowing how to shrink the other one + not wanting to figure it out :smalltongue: ). Thanks anyway!!

There you go, spoiling it is .. Took me some shoots :smalleek: (i said i wasnt forum material :smalltongue: )

Ceska
2007-12-07, 12:11 AM
You have to spoiler that picture (by typing in Image you want to display, like the Asterix one), it's too big otherwise.

Love your avatar. One of the best albums ever.

Ranna
2007-12-07, 11:03 AM
:smallsmile: hello im new so please be nice

Lucia
2007-12-07, 12:11 PM
Love your avatar. One of the best albums ever.
:smallbiggrin: Hell yeah!!!!!! My begginings with this awsome band, eight years ago.

He! I get to welcome new members and i´ve only been one myself for eeem, three days? Great people in this forum, very enjoyable (?)

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-07, 03:27 PM
:smallsmile: hello im new so please be nice

Don't worry, we don't discriminate by seniority when it comes to ruthlessly mocking other's opinions and viewpoints.

Kidding, kidding. Welcome. :smallsmile:

Skyrocket
2007-12-07, 10:30 PM
Been a fan of the site for a while and finally decided to join the forum. Hey, all.

Arcams1
2007-12-08, 11:36 PM
Been a fan of the site for a while and finally decided to join the forum. Hey, all.

Me too. I also have been playing D&D for years.

I like this comic very much.

Right now I am going to join an epic Campaign. hehe

Trouble with Identity? Just contact A. Nono Mouse.

Sneak
2007-12-08, 11:39 PM
Welcome one, welcome all! Actually, just welcome all. I don't really want to welcome one. I'd rather welcome two.

So.

Welcome! Have fun! Enjoy your stay here in the playground!

And remember: don't drink and type!

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-09, 03:37 PM
Hey folks. PM me if you have any questions. :smallsmile:

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-09, 11:40 PM
Hey, I like D&D (Forgotten Realms mostly but D&D in general) and I love Order of the Stick, so I decided to register

Groundhog
2007-12-11, 06:27 AM
Hey, I'm new here as well...probably won't be here all that often, but hey, you never know.:smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2007-12-11, 07:39 AM
Welcome aboard, folks!

Tinel
2007-12-11, 10:16 AM
Hey!
I've been reading OotS for more than a year. I love it! So I decided to check out this forum, finally. :smallwink:
I, also, play DnD, so I thought I might find some interesting things here, too.

So, here I am!

Xapi
2007-12-11, 11:18 AM
Hey, new member here!

gilgath
2007-12-11, 11:59 AM
Hi new here for about a month

Haruki-kun
2007-12-11, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the Playground, everyone!

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-11, 06:00 PM
Welcome new folk! PM me if you have a question!

BootsDaWookie
2007-12-11, 08:17 PM
Hello to all and sundry.

I just got into the sandbox and there is someting sticky.

Long live Belkar Bitterleaf!

Kelaos
2007-12-11, 09:12 PM
Hello, I'm a new Member, and hope to see all of you around the forum!:smallsmile:

Dm 57895
2007-12-12, 08:27 AM
Hi. I have been told that this forum is the best for getting advice on rules for Dnd and as a new dm I may be asking alot of Questions so please do your best to help me.

Doseki
2007-12-12, 12:32 PM
Hay People hows it going. I'm a newbie wooooo

Ranna
2007-12-12, 02:25 PM
*hug*

hmm need to write more, whats wrong with a hug silly forum

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-12, 03:29 PM
Hey everyone, welcome to the Playground. Most people around here are always glad to lend a hand, so don't hesitate about asking advice about how to do stuff. Or you can just drop me a PM, and I'll get back to you fairly quickly. :smallsmile:

Squidmaster
2007-12-12, 03:32 PM
I am new here to. I just registered yesterday( 12/11/07), but I have read the comics for about a year now.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-12, 05:16 PM
Squidmaster, same with many of us.:smallwink:

Just PM anybody if you have a question, and if you urgently need some D&D help, Fax Celestis is God. :smallbiggrin:

Priest of Quacl
2007-12-12, 11:25 PM
Ahoy all! I am the priest of Quacl, god of all that is awesome and stuff. So, hi!

Raiser Blade
2007-12-12, 11:29 PM
Ahoy all! I am the priest of Quacl, god of all that is awesome and stuff. So, hi!

I thought your name was Priest of Quad at first.

Anyways welcome!

CelestialMonkey
2007-12-13, 02:01 PM
New member from the Celestial Realm! Have a lot of time on my hands, because, honestly, who's gonna summon a celestial monkey? Gorilla maybe, but monkey? What am I gonna do, throw my holy ****? Anyway, good to be here.:smallamused:

mikeloop86
2007-12-13, 11:18 PM
Hello, new to the forums.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-14, 09:48 PM
New member from the Celestial Realm! Have a lot of time on my hands, because, honestly, who's gonna summon a celestial monkey? Gorilla maybe, but monkey? What am I gonna do, throw my holy ****? Anyway, good to be here.:smallamused:

Had myself a good chuckle over that, always nice to have another Celestial around. I look forward to reading your posts if they're all this funny.

Remember, anything inane can go here, but don't make it spam. Thank you.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-15, 05:46 AM
We wish an happy forum time, we wish you an happy forum time and an happy new comic!
We wish an happy forum time, we wish you an happy forum time and an happy new comic!

Follow the rules, have fun, message me if you need help with something about the forums.

Gouka Ryuu
2007-12-15, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Arcams1
2007-12-15, 02:21 PM
I had a little trouble with logging in.:smallannoyed:

Welcome to all new members!:smallbiggrin:

has anyone seen my siggy yet?

Free Hand
2007-12-15, 03:57 PM
Hello all I'm Free Hand because I like the name. I've been lurking around the forum for a few months now, you might be wondering why, the reason is my inherit laziness mingled with my inability to be satisfied with username.

I really enjoy OOTS, reading it is one of the highlights of my day and I eagerly plan on wading into the bloodbath of speculation that controls OOTS threads.

Whispering Wing
2007-12-15, 10:44 PM
*steps inside cautiously* *smiles softly* Hi, *small wave* I'm Whisper, or Wingy, ^^" depends what you want to call me. I guess I'm here, because I am new, hence posting on the "hello and welcome new members thread 6"
I don't think I'll be very frequent, I've got a busy life, but I'll try and find time for my treasured role playing.
A couple things you may need to know:
I suck at grammar and spelling,
I may be random at certain times of the day (depending on how much sleep, and how much coffie I have) and I can be unbearably insane without either.
And anouther thing, I like talking alot, so go ahead and pm me! :P
Alright, I think that's it, and I'm going off profiling. *skips away, hummong a lulliby*

Haruki-kun
2007-12-16, 03:02 AM
Greetings, new Playgrounders! Enjoy your time!

I'm Haruki-kun! If you ever need any help or have any questions, feel free to contact me!

sumoalex
2007-12-16, 07:56 AM
Hello, everyone!

I've kind of been lurking at these forums for a while (and reading the comics even longer), but I've finally been persuaded into joining for the sake of participating in discussions and getting feedback on various statting endeavors and generally having fun with fellow gaming geeks. Hopefully this will prove to have been a wise decision.

i am new so i just want to post somthing! :smallcool: :mitd:

sumoalex
2007-12-16, 08:05 AM
Anyone here also have a Drunk Duck account? You'll probably recognize me then.

nice dragon! i got my account last night and i nearly chose palidin!but i made my mind up when i saw the clock now i think necromancer:xykon: oh and no i have never seen a drunk duck,but i have seen fat ninja cow(yes you read it correctly).:biggrin:

sumoalex
2007-12-16, 08:08 AM
Hey, new member here!

me to!:smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-12-16, 08:46 AM
Hi, new people! Welcome to the boards.

Sumoalex, when quoting multiple posts, you should do so in a single post. Double posting is frowned upon. *frowns*

jmaccabeus
2007-12-16, 02:46 PM
I suck at grammar and spelling,

Don't worry, we're usually forgiving of that sort of thing, as many of us are the same way. :smalltongue:

In any case, welcome to the Playground, Wingy, and everyone else here. I hope you enjoy it. :smallsmile:

DraPrime
2007-12-16, 02:49 PM
me to!:smallbiggrin:

Welcome! And don't triple post! That usually results in unhappy forumites.

Hyar
2007-12-16, 03:00 PM
Hello everyone, i am also new here :P

Kaelaroth
2007-12-16, 03:09 PM
Welcome all ye young 'uns! May you be happy and joyous within our brethren! :smile:

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-16, 03:30 PM
No triple posts, please.

PM me if you have a question.

vanson2feet
2007-12-16, 04:59 PM
hello i am vanson2feet from planet zargon, reply to this message or face the wrath of my worlds armies.:smallwink:

Volug
2007-12-16, 05:06 PM
Hello fellow new members!:smallbiggrin:
These forums are great and hope you have a great time:smallwink:

Be sure to use correct spelling and grammar, it makes reading posts easier.

Also, HALO (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66128) (site (http://haloitp.wikispaces.com/)) is always looking for new members if any of you are interested to help protect the Playground from AMEN!

Aulacious
2007-12-16, 06:00 PM
G'day good fellows!

I am Aulacious - Human Fighter...

THREE FEATS AT FIRST LEVEL BIZNATCHES!!!

Neutral Good suckas!

Sneak
2007-12-16, 06:10 PM
Welcome, Aulacious, vanson2feet, Hyar, Sumoalex, Whispering Wing, Free Hand, Arcams1, Gouka Ryuu, mikeloop86, CelestialMonkey, Priest of Quacl, Squidmaster, Doseki, Dm 57895, and Kelaos!

Everyone else: get out. :smalltongue:

Enjoy your collective stay in the playground, everyone (yes, really everyone this time)!

If you touch the swingset, though, I'll kill you.

Kthxbye.

Malibar
2007-12-16, 10:00 PM
Hello, Ive read these forums for a while and have just joined. i've played d&d for about two years now, but i dont get to play very often. I already have some questions and cannot wait to get some answers. everyone else seems to have an avatar so i guess ill get one soon, and a signature too.

Agamid
2007-12-17, 12:08 AM
hi, i joined the forum several months back than promptly forgot i had... so this is my first post and proper wander around the site.

Paradigm Shift
2007-12-17, 01:16 AM
Hey. Obviously I just joined, and figured I ought to introduce myself, seeing as there was an intro thread linked to on one of the pages.
(Actually I've been reading the comic and lurking around these parts for ages. I figured it was about time I made an actual account.)

Flag_Pole_Sitta
2007-12-17, 06:38 AM
Hello! I'm a newb! Welcome me with open arms! XD

zeratul
2007-12-17, 06:47 AM
Dude you are named after an awesome song. This pleases me. Hopefully you to shall be awesome!

Welcome, and avoid the stabs!:smallbiggrin:

Xannu
2007-12-17, 04:39 PM
Well, since this is the thread for new members to introduce themselves, here I am. New member. Hello!

(39 pages, in the sixth thread of this kind? Wow.)

mr. teatime
2007-12-17, 08:02 PM
Hello, everyone! I'm entirely new here.

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-17, 08:04 PM
Hello Mr. Teatime. I love the username. :smallbiggrin:

Oddly coincidental, though. I'm reading Hogfather for the first time right now.

strongoak
2007-12-17, 08:09 PM
Hi,
Long time lurker, new poster hoping to join one of the pbp games. I've been playing D&D off & on since for about 20years. Most recently part of a twice a month group that lasted 7 years. Alas, jobs & growing families proved to be bigger party killers than red dragons. :sigh:

Big fan of OOTS. One of my friends introduced me to the strip. I could have killed the B#$%ard! It was strip 158 (eerily on topic for our current campaign). I read it on a Friday night & spent the weekend going back to strip 1.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-17, 08:15 PM
Hello to all the new folk. Enjoy your stay in the Playground!

Lord Magtok
2007-12-17, 08:27 PM
Also, HALO (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66128) (site (http://haloitp.wikispaces.com/)) is always looking for new members if any of you are interested to help protect the Playground from AMEN!

Two can play at that game, miss goody goody elf.

And if you're interested in wearing black, plotting to take over places, and other nefarious things, come to AMEN, the Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious! Where the pies are lethal weapons, the battles are always epic, and the multiverse implodes every two weeks or so!

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-17, 08:30 PM
Don't worry, we at HALO put an end to the internal conflicts a little while back. Absolutely nothing dangerous goes on anymore. That's right, absolutely nothing. *whistles*

Either way, make sure to stop by the Silly Message Board Games.

Crimmy
2007-12-17, 09:28 PM
Don't you dare listen to those HALO-ists, Amen is the best group, like, ever created, we need all the help we can get to get those HALO guys

Either way, be welcome

Haruki-kun
2007-12-18, 03:11 AM
Don't you dare listen to those HALO-ists, Amen is the best group, like, ever created, we need all the help we can get to get those HALO guys

Either way, be welcome

I didn't know you were in AMEN..........

Oh, well!
New guys, welcome! If you're good, head over to HALO with us to have fun! If you're Evil, go to AMEN and you can have fun, too! If you're Neutral, pick either one.

Or you can just forget about the whole thing and stab everyone in the SMBG's. Your call. :smallbiggrin:

briguy359
2007-12-18, 01:37 PM
Hello all. I am a big fan of the Order of the Stick comic and look forward to exploring this site and seeing what it has to offer. Thanks and Happy Christmas (or Winter Holiday of your choice).

Supagoof
2007-12-18, 01:42 PM
Welcome Briguy359!

I'll give you a tip for starting out.

Stay away from the Masked Llama. He's infectiously kind, and totally awesome. Trust me, you don't want any of that on you. :smalltongue:

Do however, consort with Troglodytes.

And above all else, don't pay any attention to someone whose name is similar to Sugapoof.

Have fun!

mregecko
2007-12-18, 03:26 PM
New member here. :-) Long time reader, first time poster.

Glad to finally join your ranks!
-- Gecko

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-18, 03:29 PM
New member here. :-) Long time reader, first time poster.

Glad to finally join your ranks!
-- Gecko

Hello and welcome, the same with most of us including me, myself and I!

And do consort with troglodytes and despite what she may say, never eat Pies made by Castaras or that have been in contact with her...

Mr. Mud
2007-12-18, 03:32 PM
What he said. Just Don't Drink anything Trog touches :smallwink:

VENNDOR
2007-12-19, 01:34 AM
Although this greeting seems a pointless exercise, I do not want to anger the traditionalists so, Let me extend my Humble Greetings
~Venndor Brine, Sea prince

Haruki-kun
2007-12-19, 01:59 AM
Welcome, VENNDOR, glad to have you!

Dm 57895
2007-12-19, 08:25 AM
Can I pick both AMEN and HALO? I'm an excellent double agent and a poor informer. AND i'm good at killing rogues with my pet Great wyrm Gold Dragon, similar silver dragon, bronze dragon, green dragon, red dragon and black dragon pets...... and a monkey.

Danzaver
2007-12-19, 09:38 AM
Hello all, am new to the forum, was advised to join by a friend who posts here. A pleasure to meet you all. :D

Danzaver
2007-12-19, 10:01 AM
Sorry, realised that wasn't much of an introduction.

I play Dungeons and Dragons and (occasionally) White Wolf games. Have been playing for about 12 years, DMing almost all of that time. I tend to get bored with characters quickly and change them a lot, so I found that I am happier as a DM where I can play all the characters. :P

I have an avid interest in history and not only study it, but am the president of a Brisbane-based medieval re-enactment group, recreating German noble lifestyles of the late 14th century, we are also a metal weapons combat group. I like to bring the things I have learned about real medieval society and martial combat to my games.

A friend of mine who is a member here brought me onto this forum (whose handle I cannot recall, if indeed I ever knew it), but it was the Order of the Stick that cemented the deal. Ever since I started reading the strips, I have started noticing similarities between the Order of the Stick and my roleplaying group...

I look forward to posting here in future.

Cyaz

Tychos
2007-12-19, 03:14 PM
Hi, one of my favorite toons goes by Tychos. I like wizards and warriors for the most part (esp Force Savants). Long time lurker, but I needed new forums and more forms of communication while I am stationed overseas.

Moxie
2007-12-19, 05:43 PM
Um... the box thingy said post here, so I guess...

Hi! I'm Moxie, and I love dogs and roleplaying and D&D... so... yeah, Hello.

Foogoo
2007-12-19, 06:27 PM
Hi all, used to lurk all up on this forum as GuyWithSword#2, now I am back with a brand new name and a heart filled with vengeance (one of those anyway). I play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons, and I have been reading OOTS since Miko was a brand new character. Erm... so yeah, hi.

an kobold
2007-12-19, 06:33 PM
Hey.
I haven't really lurked the forums, but have been reading OoTS and now Gobwin Knob for some time now.

I play DnD, WW, and Iron Kingdoms for the win.

Even though I've only played one kobold, I was somehow saddled with that name in my last gaming group, so, eh, why not keep it?

Haruki-kun
2007-12-20, 02:20 AM
Can I pick both AMEN and HALO? I'm an excellent double agent and a poor informer. AND i'm good at killing rogues with my pet Great wyrm Gold Dragon, similar silver dragon, bronze dragon, green dragon, red dragon and black dragon pets...... and a monkey.

Well, I don't think we'll mind at HALO, but killing Rogues might be a problem for our local Rogue....... :smalleek:

Welcome, everyone! If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to PM me!

@ an kobold: You like WW? Cool! You should probably stop by the Silly Message Board Games, then!

Moxie
2007-12-20, 08:21 AM
I keep hearing about AMEN and HALO, but what are they, and where?

Shishnarfne
2007-12-20, 08:22 AM

I think they lurk in Silly Message Board Games, sometimes under the Structured Games sub-forum.

timbuck_hunter
2007-12-20, 03:22 PM
i n00b.
i post in thread.
i complete.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-21, 01:38 AM

AMEN is the club for evil people, or just evil characters.

HALO is the awesome club for awesome good people(Mind you, no evil or lawfull good allowed)

Or you can just join neither and kill everybody.

waldar
2007-12-21, 07:48 AM
i'd just like to say thanks for haveing me

ObeeKris
2007-12-21, 01:32 PM
Posting in to say Hello, since the big box up top told me to. I've been reading the comic for awhile, and just recently started skulking about on the forums.

I do have a quick question. Is there any way to see what the avatars look like before choosing one?
Thanks.

Arcams1
2007-12-21, 01:46 PM
Welcome.

I do not know of how to know of the appearance of a selected avatar before selecting it. Someone else might.

viking vince
2007-12-21, 02:36 PM
Hi all. Nice to see you, and a nice place you have here.

xwd
2007-12-21, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone! I'm xwd, a 17-year old from Eastern MA, USA. Don't bother doing a google search, it will only result in more things relating to me. The name doesn't mean anything, it's just my first 3 initials. Except the first one is an x because it looks way cooler.
In any case, I decided to join these forums because I've read the OotS archive a couple of times and I think that means we have some common experiences. That, and I get excited whenever I come here (edit: or think about it for that matter). Blood rushes to my head.
My RPG experience is limited mainly to a wide breadth of RPG video games, that is, JRPGs, TRPGs, action RPGs, but mostly rougelikes and Diablo 2. I've done some tabletop stuff, mainly Risus because being able to have a character who is chain-smoking kung-fu bartender is basically a recipe for awesome. I've also done some forum RPGs, where I mainly be a crazy gun-crazed guy.
My main experience with video games has been to choose action-heavy adrenaline rushes over long, drawn-out experiences. As such, my favorite video games are Soldat (http://www.soldat.pl/), SSX 3, Quake 3, GTA2 and pretty much any shmup, currently The Garden of Coloured Lights (http://www.allegro.cc/depot/GardenofColouredLights).
Outside of games, my primary interests are the internet (browsing, reading, helping, whatever), drum & bass music, origami, MST3k and computer programming. My favorite band is Freezepop (http://www.freezepop.com/).
I'm not too sure how well I'll fit in here. This doesn't exactly seem like the kind of place where people who enjoy listening to Aphrodite while waiting for a new shmup to download, but I'm sure we'll get along fine.
I currently have no avatar. No, I don't want to use the provided ones or try to imitate someone else's art style. I'll think of something unique and awesome, as my current typical avatar is the chainsaw from Soldat dancing. I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted. (edit: forget that, it's fun to draw stick figures)
As you've probably noticed, I like to write long posts. Feel free to check out my blog (currently as "here" in my signature) and read about my opinions on why it's okay you're not a ninja (http://xtishereb.livejournal.com/30084.html).
I'm not entirely sure why I just wrote all that. Nobody'll probably read it. :P

Moxie
2007-12-21, 03:13 PM
Really, where in Eastern Mass?

xwd
2007-12-21, 03:24 PM
Within 5 miles of Interstate 90. and inside the I-495 loop. I'd be more specific, but I don't want people stalking me until I'm old enough to purchase firearms. More likely, it'll be kind of embarrassing meeting someone from the internet and explaining to my parents how we know each other.
Oh, another thing I like doing is referring to the internet as a person. Like, "Thanks for helping me with my history project, internet!" or "Internet, thanks for telling me about that new energy drink and how it won't cause hallucinations" or "Internet, you are pretty bad at Quake."

Moxie
2007-12-21, 03:33 PM
Cool, I live just off the Cape as well, by Rt. 3, near Sagamore.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-21, 03:51 PM
Posting in to say Hello, since the big box up top told me to. I've been reading the comic for awhile, and just recently started skulking about on the forums.

I do have a quick question. Is there any way to see what the avatars look like before choosing one?
Thanks.

I don't think so, just pick something you like through Trial and Error. Or you could request one in the Arts and Crafts section.

dumbthered
2007-12-21, 04:00 PM
Hey everyone. I'm new. :smallbiggrin:

VtamerX
2007-12-21, 08:54 PM
hai hai! im tamer, been lurkin around the site for a while now and i finally decided to sign up. i play tank-type characters in D&D, though i'm tryin to break away from that and play other types of characters

hyperfreak497
2007-12-21, 08:55 PM
Well, my current World's Largest Dungeon campaign is looking for a cleric, Tamer. Perhaps you could look into that? PM "bayar" if you're interested.

Cool, I live just off the Cape as well, by Rt. 3, near Sagamore.

Cool, I live slightly more central than that (near Acton, if that means anything to you).

My mind is still fixated on how awesome a New England itP meetup would be...

Siena
2007-12-22, 04:23 PM
Hey everyone! :smallsmile:

I've been reading OOTS for awhile now, and I love it.

Now, to go figure out what I can do as a Playgrounder. :smalltongue:

Crimmy
2007-12-22, 04:39 PM
hello, Siena, and everybody else who is new

Welcome to the Giant in the Playground forums

Please join Amen, and don't listen to those HALO fratboys/fratgirls
i assure you that in AMEN we will won't torture you too much, nor kill you yet

Ikialev
2007-12-22, 06:02 PM
Um, yah. Hi there. xD

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-22, 07:03 PM
Hello everyone. Good to see you all. :smallsmile:

Give your best effort to capitalize/spell correctly/use grammar and such. It's encouraged. And I go a little more insane each time the word "I" goes uncapitalized. :smalltongue:

Crimmy
2007-12-22, 10:47 PM
i, i, i, i, like that, hehehehehe

Never mind that, but it's true, there are some Grammar Nazi people out ther

(the Grammar Nazi are those who get freaked out just because of misspelling, uncapitalized words, etc.)

arkanis
2007-12-23, 06:45 AM
Hello everyone. Long-time OOTS reader, very long time gamer, first time forumer here.

My first quest here: figure out how to edit one's avatar and other neat things on their posts. Curses! I'm lost already.

The Bushranger
2007-12-23, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the Playground, arkanis!

Exeson
2007-12-23, 11:48 AM
Curses! I'm lost already.

Thats part of the fun, get lost, make mistakes, bump into some AMENites in a dark alleyway, things will be much more interesting that way :smallbiggrin:

Volug
2007-12-23, 12:00 PM
Please join Amen, and don't listen to those HALO fratboys/fratgirls
i assure you that in AMEN we will won't torture you too much, nor kill you yet

He tells lies! HALO will help protect the playground:smallcool:

And we are even throwing a party where anyone can come in at our HALO thread! Everyone's invited.

Groundhog
2007-12-23, 12:13 PM
Hello everyone. Long-time OOTS reader, very long time gamer, first time forumer here.

My first quest here: figure out how to edit one's avatar and other neat things on their posts. Curses! I'm lost already.

Go to the user CP, click on "edit options" and go down to the avatars box. Unfortunately there aren't any previews of Rich Burlew's avatars :smallmad: , but oh well.

Hokaru
2007-12-24, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome this looks to be a fairly intresting and useful page and I am happy to have found it!

dragon of fire
2007-12-24, 04:12 PM
woo, i finally got around to becoming a member after at least a year of reading oots

Icewind136
2007-12-24, 05:57 PM
woo, i finally got around to becoming a member after at least a year of reading oots
Yeah, same with me...
One day I got the idea that I could have a one on one oots roleplay...but no one on my regular roleplaying boards had ever heard of it.
I don't know how many people here have heard of roleplaying- not the game, it's a different thing entirely, two people post paragraphs back and forth, collaboratively writing a story.
I don't know how easy this will be, to find someone to do this with me...there is a surprisingly minuscule amount of oots fanfiction...and, I suppose, if we were to roleplay the canon characters, fanfiction it would be...
But, anyway, this has become an obsession. If anyone is reading this...could they tell me what topic my request would fall under?
Thank you.

Wight Wizard
2007-12-25, 02:52 AM
Hi everyone. I joined up at Lord Iames suggestion. I'm a long time gamer, but not real current/up to date. I want to get active again in the coming year.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-12-25, 03:08 AM
Hi everyone. I joined up at Lord Iames suggestion. I'm a long time gamer, but not real current/up to date. I want to get active again in the coming year.

Welcome to the Playground, Dad. :smallsmile:

Crimmy
2007-12-26, 12:37 AM
O come, all ye gaming faithful, joyful and triumphant from an old quest
O come ye fighters, O come ye rogues, to Bethlehem GitP Forums.
Come and behold Him The Giant, born the King of angels Order of the Stick.

Please, once again, join in AMEN.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Ixidor
2007-12-26, 10:24 AM
Hello! Just getting used to the layout here. Merry 26th!

tumble check
2007-12-26, 04:53 PM
hey guys. keep it for realzies

CaffinatedAngst
2007-12-27, 01:53 PM
Hey, I'm new to the site. I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks.

Count D20
2007-12-27, 03:05 PM
Hi, i am the dashing monster,(not monster hunter ) count d20.
I love dragons, magic, rpgs,goofy comedy, and comic books both American and others such as manga.
i am curious about real magic, (no k) faith and spirituality,psychology,gender, law ,JUSTICE! and like any shy geeky young man, sexuality.:smallredface:

Gerry
2007-12-27, 08:36 PM
Howdy. Long time lurker, and avid OOTS fan. Got the game for my 10 year old son for Christmas. He opened it today, and sigh, :smallannoyed: problems with the decks. So, time to sign up. Seems like everyone's fairly friendsly, so I'm not expecting hassles, just delays before we can play. Wah!

So I figured I should do a "howdy" to see what my avatar looks like, and then head over to the "Dungeon of Dorukan" section.

Cheers, Merry Christmas!

Gerry

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-27, 10:34 PM
Salutations to all of you lurkers. PM me if you bear a question.

Vaeryne
2007-12-28, 02:01 PM
Greetings, all. I am new to the forums, although I have been following OotS for some time. It is a pleasure to join and meet you all. :smallredface:

hyperfreak497
2007-12-28, 02:04 PM
Hello! I imagine Shas'aia Toriia will be here soon to say hello as well, but if you have any quick questions, you can PM me.

EDIT: It appears he has logged off. Nevermind.

Synthia
2007-12-28, 02:22 PM
Hiyas, am new to the forums, following the OOTS comic faithfully :smallbiggrin: suddenly decided to check out the forum for fun.

Wowbagger
2007-12-28, 03:49 PM
Hi;
Testing things out;
I've been a OotS reader for a while, but only been lurking the forum for a few weeks.

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-28, 05:49 PM
Hello and welcome. :smallsmile:

I'm also open for any questions.

MiniMan
2007-12-28, 09:54 PM
Hola people. I go by dan or MiniMan or Mini. I do alot of gaming on OpenRPG and just discovered these boards. They look pretty nice.

Raiser Blade
2007-12-28, 11:51 PM
Hola people. I go by dan or MiniMan or Mini. I do alot of gaming on OpenRPG and just discovered these boards. They look pretty nice.

It's nice to see that you are comfortable with your "size". :smallamused:

Sneak
2007-12-28, 11:55 PM
Welcome, everyone!

That is all.

Achan
2007-12-29, 02:10 PM
Hiya, folks~

I'm new here. Love gaming, especially in the D&D or Changeling: the Dreaming variety. I guess tack on video gaming to that. Maybe a few other things on the side. Writing, definitely writing. Erm...

Anyway, hi. XD

Wowbagger
2007-12-29, 09:51 PM
Tweaking the avatar a bit

Hi;
Testing things out;
I've been a OotS reader for a while, but only been lurking the forum for a few weeks.

obvious pun
2007-12-29, 11:33 PM
Hello, peoples. I am obvious pun. Also...

Twas many a minute before his ramblings were finished. Many an agonizing minute, each of which contained not the slightest bit of meaning, each of which seemed to last years, each of which were miniature hells, sending listeners into... oh, he's done. Never mind then.

...And that's terrible. And that's all that comes to mind currently.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-29, 11:39 PM
So, a mushroom walks into a bar and starts hitting on this good-looking lady. The lady tells him to buzz off and let her enjoy her drink in peace, and the mushroom says, "Why? I'm a fun guy!"

Get it?! Fun guy, fungi! Hahahaha! :smallannoyed:

Welcome to the boards, Pun!

Haruki-kun
2007-12-29, 11:40 PM
Welcome, new guys! I hope you enjoy your time here!

alexsempire
2007-12-30, 06:07 AM
Hey guys,

Thought I'd pop in and say hi. I haven't had a large look around the forums but hey. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers, Paul

MiniMan
2007-12-30, 06:37 AM
It's nice to see that you are comfortable with your "size".

"MiniMan" actually refers to the many electronic minis (http://www.mayhemgaming.net)I have made for online gaming over the years. Click the links and view the side bar menu to veiw some of them. Enjoy!

The Bushranger
2007-12-30, 08:23 AM
Hello and welcome aboard, folks!

A few words of friendly advice:

...enter either Random Banter or the SMBG forum, and you will be failing SAN checks.

...check your SAN at the door before entering the HALO threads.

...check your soul at the door before entering the AMEN threads.

:smallwink:

TRM
2007-12-30, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the boards everybody :smallsmile:

Just remember that we're ALL fun guys, but Hyperfreak497 most of all!

Crimmy
2007-12-30, 06:03 PM
Hello, newbies
It's good to see some new faces 'round here
If you want to know anything, don't doubt calling me, and remember, you are all invited to join AMEN

because evil was never THIS fun

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2007-12-30, 06:19 PM
Guten tag and Vindaloo all, Im an avid roleplayer for 2 years now and my old forumn died in flames, so now I decided to join one with a bigger member list, anyways Im always looking for new game to rp in, so please pm me if you need me, Im willing to RP anything, hope to talk to you soon,
Goats

Sneak
2007-12-30, 10:31 PM
Goats-

Check in the PbP section of the forum. They're always looking for fresh meat over there. Although the last few who entered never emerged again... :smalleek: ...the search parties disappeared too...

In all seriousness, welcome to the boards and have a great time.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-12-30, 10:58 PM
Well, I'm not new to GITP. But my time here has been spent in only two places. The OOTS comic section, and the Town.

Tonight, I have decided to go into the other forums. So, hello to anybody I haven't met yet!

Shas aia Toriia
2007-12-31, 06:51 PM
Hello, newbies
It's good to see some new faces 'round here
If you want to know anything, don't doubt calling me, and remember, you are all invited to join AMEN

because evil was never THIS fun

But why join AMEN when there's HALO? A far better place. And NEON needs members badly.

But in all seriousness, PM me if you have a question.

Arcams1
2007-12-31, 07:22 PM
Happy new year everybody in. . .6 hours and thirty-five minutes.

And what are the following forums?
AMEN(Choir forum maybe?)
NEON(Forum about electrified gas lights?)

I will add in a forum joke when I find it. . .

Scoutninja
2007-12-31, 09:56 PM
Hello Everybody. I have been a great fan of OOTS for a while now, but only just registered. See you around!

MattKatt
2007-12-31, 10:01 PM
Hello all. Iv recently discovered OOTS thanks to my girlfriend, and I finaly decided to join the forum after I discovered a friend runs a game in the PbP forums. I'v been RPing for the better part of 3 years now and have made many friends in my local group, so hopefully Ill make some new ones here.

Also, its currently 03:03am my time, so HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lia Majere
2008-01-01, 01:51 AM
So hello...I'm not so certain how i stumbled on to this site...I think Raistlin had something to do with it...

Glaivemaster
2008-01-01, 06:42 AM
Welcome to the Playground, all. Nice to see some people with shiny new join dates for the year 2008

Hope you enjoy your time here :smallsmile:

Oiothalion
2008-01-01, 09:36 AM
Hi. I've been reading OOTS for about 10 months and DMing for a full year now. See you a circle!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-01, 11:01 AM
Welcome folk. And remember, HALO is the best organization out there.

Also, good to see some shiny new 2008 join dates.

biohazard20
2008-01-01, 11:21 AM
Hey, I just joined today so I hope i have a great exprience with gitp forums.

Shadouken
2008-01-01, 11:41 AM
*stugles into room with a blinding headache still half drunk and half asleep*

*hick* all........hello *hick*

join a while back

*hick*

a while back that reminds me of a story

*aimless rantting starts*

wadledo
2008-01-01, 11:50 AM
*Starts doling out drinks*

Shadouken
2008-01-01, 02:53 PM
*eyes widen and takes a nk and downs it*

WOOOOOOOOOOO 2007 here i..............

*little creature wispers somthing into his ear*

D'OH, too much alcohol

2008 here i come

*sees everyone looking at him*

What, im not as think as you drunk i am..............

A Rainy Knight
2008-01-01, 03:24 PM
Happy new year everybody in. . .6 hours and thirty-five minutes.

And what are the following forums?
AMEN(Choir forum maybe?)
NEON(Forum about electrified gas lights?)

I will add in a forum joke when I find it. . .

They're organizations in the Structured Games section of the Silly Message Board Games.

AMEN is the evil one.
HALO is the good one.
NEON is the neutral one.

Welcome and Happy New Year!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-01, 06:26 PM
Shadouken, please keep these kinds of posts in one of the many role-playing sections of the playground to keep things organized. Thanks. :smallsmile:

masamonkey
2008-01-01, 10:34 PM
Hello,

I've been reading OOTS for a few years now and umm...just now noticed there was a forum...:smallsigh: ...

So, again, hello!

Shadouken
2008-01-02, 07:24 AM
Shadouken, please keep these kinds of posts in one of the many role-playing sections of the playground to keep things organized. Thanks. :smallsmile:

D'OH

sorry, won't happen again :smallwink: