PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

SirGhandi
2008-01-02, 09:09 AM
hello world.
introducing myself.
anyone interested, the name reflects my hero, Ghandi. If more people would follow his lead, the world would be a better place.

afrosamurai
2008-01-02, 12:15 PM
Hi everybody!

New here and looking forward to make new friends and contribute
in any way I can :smallsmile:

Haruki-kun
2008-01-03, 03:07 AM
*waves*
Greetings, newcomers! Please come in and make yourselves at home!

If I may make a suggestion, would you guys like to come and join us at the Silly Message Board Games? I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much!

spawn_I
2008-01-03, 08:31 AM
Greetings everyone...

my name is Vassilis and I am from Greece...

used to read OOTS comic and today I got the 4 comics and the game... so I decided to join the forum...

c u all around

Barrage
2008-01-03, 10:44 AM
Hey everyone,

Introducing myself and looking forward to talking to you guys and contributing whatever i can.

Pink_Paladin
2008-01-03, 02:06 PM
This forum looks cool and full of creatives things...cant wait to read!

SomethingElse
2008-01-03, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, my name's Something Else, or Luke if you prefer. I'm a regular poster over at RPGnet and I've registered here before under a slightly different nick .

Anyhow, in the strange and bizarre campaign setting we call Real Life (tm) I'm a destitute Wisconsin college student struggling to survive in the battle against Evil. Here... well, I'm not exactly sure what I am here. In any case, I'm here to talk about OotS (greatest thing since [i]Buffy: the Vampire Slayer in my opinion) and participate in PbP games...

Hope I find everyone well!

Sneak
2008-01-03, 08:41 PM
Wilkommen, everyone!

Oh, and just to let y'all know, the forums are usually this sluggish. I guess the boards just decided to emulate the sloth way of life today. :P

Anyway, have a good time in the playground, and don't track sand from the sandbox inside please.

ChomZ
2008-01-03, 09:28 PM
g'day, and welcome to the christmas part of the album.

er.. welcom to GitP forums =P

Kyaragwo-kye
2008-01-04, 06:03 AM
Hi! I've been reading oots for a while and have just started reading the forums. I love the comic, but it does have a regretable lack of overwhelmingly powerful dragons :smallsmile: .

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-04, 09:08 PM
Welcome everybody, and to Kyaragwo, of course there are dragons! You just have to know where to look. :smallwink:

legendcrafter7
2008-01-04, 09:52 PM
Hello all. It's great to be here!

killingtime33
2008-01-05, 12:14 PM
haha! i have successfully registered! (i think)

any way hello all! I am new!! (obviously)

so....greetings!! and good day! (or night)

stewy22
2008-01-05, 01:02 PM
Hello, mu name is Jason.

Gtpgirl19
2008-01-05, 06:45 PM
Hi Im new, I got kicked Off a Message board for playing "games" Searched and found this site.. Hello All!

Gem Flower
2008-01-05, 08:28 PM
Hello! I don't know what I'm doing but am happy to be here!:smallbiggrin:

Flying Platypus
2008-01-05, 09:48 PM
Hi!
<insert witty comment here>

Archetype-
2008-01-05, 10:27 PM
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. I've been following the adventures and antics of the mostly-good Order of the Stick for a couple years, and putting off registration on the forums here for about a quarter of that time. So here I am at long last. I'll sort out the trivial things like avatar and signature later.

I've been gaming for roughly five years now. Started out when an old friend said, “You might like D&D.” That got me going with an elven ranger who dual-wielded longswords. I thought he was hot stuff back then, and couldn't see the arcane casters owning through my slicing and dicing. Since then I've grown used to 3.5 D&D and sampled a bunch of other RPG systems, most notably GURPS, Tri-Stat DX. I also do a bit of Magic: The Gathering every now and then. My latest non-RPG project has me building an Imperial Guard army for 40k.

Well, I'll be around. I have a nasty habit of spell-checking every post with a word-processor (I use Open Office) and then previewing it, so I do expect to be ninja'd on a regular basis.

Peace out,
Archetype-

Haruki-kun
2008-01-05, 10:34 PM
Welcome, everyone! Have a good time!

Might I make the friendly suggestion to drop by the Silly Message Board Games Forum? You might like it.

Please, leave your sanity outside before you enter. :smallsmile:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-05, 10:50 PM
Hi Im new, I got kicked Off a Message board for playing "games" Searched and found this site.. Hello All!

Well, games are in the SMBG at the bottom of the page. Haruki is looking forward to another soul to feast on meeting you new people down there.

Stormpax
2008-01-05, 11:08 PM
Hey guys!
I'm new to the forums even though I've read order of the stick through twice.
Anyway, one of the reasons I joined is to try a rpg kinda like Oots.
So... If anyone has a suggestion, or wants to talk, drop me a line:smallwink:
I like talking with other people!:biggrin:
THANKS!!!!

SilentNight
2008-01-05, 11:17 PM
Thank you all for being so welcoming. I love the strip but just joined.

Xion
2008-01-06, 02:06 AM
Hey I have been reading oots for some time now and I finally decided to join.

anarchy1973
2008-01-06, 06:31 AM
Greetings all, have been lurking for a while, 1st found this site after searching for the Logic Ninjas guide to Wizards being Batman.

Love playing Casters, particularly Psions, Erudites & Wizards (In that order).

Anyway, thats me.

Int -1
2008-01-06, 07:57 AM
After reading this forum for a while I finally decided to join to post some of my stories while playing with the dnd group (named Int -1, which we find fitting for our style of play, and now for an User name)
I've been playing for 6 years dnd with mostly the same people. However we don't have such long dnd campaigns. Mostly we start at level 1 and finish (because the dm quits) at level 6 or something. But things are beginning to change for the better and we're level 9 now; having finished a campaign before this somewhere level 8 or something.
But and I have to state this, we still don't have the capabilities or efficient knowledge to build something somewhere near to pun-pun. Heck, we have problems every battle with the right rules. :smalltongue:
Well. Enough said.

Fons

Useless
2008-01-06, 09:54 AM
Hi. Found this site when i was (supposed to be) doing some Geology work. I've shown it to all my friends and we all crack up on nearly all of the strips (the exceptions being the slightly more serious ones).

Anyhoo, hello all.

agamemenon
2008-01-06, 11:07 AM
Greetings and Happy New Year to all! I've been tracking some of the dialog in other areas of the forum and finally decided to join.

Cheers!

Lerajie
2008-01-06, 11:48 AM
Eya!
I'm new here, from italy, and i have got a terrible english, so please... don't hate me :smallfrown:

Darth Solice
2008-01-06, 12:14 PM
Hello every one, I am new and powerful so bring on the role play.

Sneak
2008-01-06, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone...welcome to Giant itP!

That is all.

Milanius
2008-01-07, 06:35 AM
So um, hullo. Got explosive runes?

SimperingToad
2008-01-07, 06:08 PM
Hello all! Been enjoying reading from the bleachers (well, most of the time anyway:smallwink: ). Finally decided to join in the fun.

Me likey playgrounds. :smallbiggrin:

So croaketh the 'Toad.

(@-@)
(<--->)
_(_)__(_)_

d'Bwobsling
2008-01-07, 06:59 PM
I'm new, sort of. I was originally Willahad, but I couldn't get onto my account, so I had to start all over again, which stinks because I had allready had the title dwarf in the playground, and people were starting to recognize me. Oh well

Raiser Blade
2008-01-07, 07:02 PM
Hello to all you new peoples!

lheldfether
2008-01-07, 11:21 PM
Sup.'Nuff said.

Anyways, always looking for more exciting people to spend time with poring over stats and rolling dice. Woohoo, I'm soooo popular!!

Talieth
2008-01-08, 06:55 AM
Hello there !

I've passed a lot of time reading OotS, and even more time reading the board. So i guess it was time to register ... and say hello (again).
I'm a french guy that have been playing adnd a loooooooong time ago (2nd ed.) and then dnd a few year ago (3thrd ed.) and even if i prefer shadowrun, i must say that i really enjoy all that is related to dnd (except the first movie) :
OotS is always a good way to begin a day a work :smallbiggrin:

see you around ...

Lord Herman
2008-01-08, 09:32 AM
Ooo, shiny new 2008 join dates!

Welcome, new people!

Blastfire
2008-01-08, 09:28 PM
Hello all! Medium-length Oots fan (Right when the Hobbos invaded Azure City) but I've read it through thrice!(Now I do marathon sessions) I finally joined the forums because no-one in the... stick(:smallconfused: )... in the mud town I live in will Role-play so I figure I'll give you all a try. Plus it costs too much to move. This is a lot cheaper.

Musstarrjo
2008-01-08, 09:38 PM
Hello everybody!

Aussiepat
2008-01-09, 04:33 AM
Hello everybody.

There's not really much else to say, except that I've been reading the comic for about two months now, and it's one of the best I've seen.

Aussiepat
2008-01-09, 04:40 AM
Hello everybody.

There's not really much else to say, except that I've been reading the comic for about two months now, and it's one of the best I've seen.

Zafirah
2008-01-09, 05:48 AM
Hello, all.. trying to improve my roleplaying by reading articles and forums, I suppose reading is not the way to solve every problem but it's what I do! Excellent website here too! :smallcool:

Eksar Lindisfar
2008-01-09, 12:37 PM
Hello free people of the world, I decided to register, I've been following the comic for a good while, the forum for some time, and playing D&D

I'm not a good role player since I'm a little bit MMORPG-minded but I enjoy RPGs

see you around

MaaD
2008-01-09, 07:21 PM
Hello to all.
I've been reading oots since its 36 strip, but I've just registered on the forums, didn't know how much information can be found here.
So, that's all about me ;)
Greetings to all once again.

Gaelbert
2008-01-09, 07:35 PM
Welcome to everyone! Prepare to lose all your free time/sanity join a great community in which to go a foruming!

St.Sinner
2008-01-10, 02:46 AM
Hello everybody! First post here. I've been reading OotS since about the time Miko made her debut, which seems so long ago now. I also enjoy reading Erfworld. My cousin first introduced me to OotS and now this forum, so I look forward to becoming addicted to this message board like I've become addicted to the comic. It'll be nice getting to know all of you.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-10, 02:50 AM
Welcome St.Sinner! Don't worry, you'll become addicted. :smallbiggrin:

Might I add I really like your avatar? :smalltongue:

St.Sinner
2008-01-10, 03:10 AM
Thank you! My cousin made it for me, so the compliment goes to him I guess. I told him I won't sign-up until I had a nice spiffy avatar to use. Heheh...

I hope I don't get too addicted since I'm really supposed to be concentrating on my studies. Er... maybe I should just turn back now? Before it's too late? :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2008-01-10, 03:13 AM
Sorry, too late. Be sure not to look at the SMBG (Silly message board games) if you want to have time to eat.

St.Sinner
2008-01-10, 03:22 AM
Ok, I won't. :smallsmile:

By the way, this forum has the nicest emoticons I've ever seen on any forum :elan:

Zeb The Troll
2008-01-10, 04:48 AM
Hello, newcomers! Welcome to the Playground! The tip jar is on your left as you come in. As always, tips are not required but always welcome. The donations are being added to the 'Needy Trolls Trolls In Need' fund.

:smallcool:

Ian Pikklock
2008-01-10, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone

I’ve been reading oots since about strip 350 and was addicted from the very first moment.
Now i’ve finally decided to join this self-help group :smallwink:

Lori_Sue32
2008-01-10, 02:34 PM
Greetings and salutations.

This thread seems to be the appropriate place for my very first post in the playground. It also looks like it is standard to announce to all how long I’ve been lurking. I started reading OOTS in late 2005. I only read a few strips a week while at work, so it took a while to get caught up. In fact, I think I caught up right around the time that Erfworld started.
I started reading the forums only to find quick translations for Haley’s messed up speech. Then, when updates were happening less often than my visits to the site, I explored more threads. I only joined the forums to get the ability to search for other posts by pclips and the Giant – to get more info on the updates.
Now, I have recently been given notice that my position with this company is no longer needed. I have a LOT more time to spend in these forums. (We have to keep coming to work until March 15th even though there is NOTHING to do.) Therefore, I think I’ll start posting a bit, maybe, possibly.
Oh, and I really want my obligatory welcome to which I’m sure this post will entitle me. :smallsmile:

Mirrinus
2008-01-10, 05:30 PM
Hi there, I only just recently discovered this marvelous webcomic through tvtropes.org, and have fallen in love with its zany cast and antics. It's also nice to see that many other members of this forum have similar interests as I do, such as M:tG, so I'm sure this will be fun. ^_^

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-10, 05:48 PM
So um, hullo. Got explosive runes?

Of course we have Explosive Runes.

*A large boom is heard*

But seriously, welcome to all you new fold. PM me if you have any questions.

SystemofAFire
2008-01-10, 08:34 PM
Hello's. I'm kinda new so, hi. Freind led me here and it's real cool =)

hyperfreak497
2008-01-10, 09:17 PM
Hello's. I'm kinda new so, hi. Freind led me here and it's real cool =)

Welcome! What's your friend's username?

FaustianFeste
2008-01-11, 04:44 AM
Hello.

I've been lurking these forums for a while, then finally got my avatar made and decided to start posting. Been reading OOtS since the Order killed the black dragon, and have been reading Erfworld since the beginning.

Hope to kill some time here, meet some other OOtS fans, and revel in the obscure jokes.

StripeyDave
2008-01-11, 10:29 AM
Hello :smallsmile:

Isle
2008-01-12, 09:12 AM
Hello,

I've been reading Oots for quite a while now. I can't remember how long exactly, but it's probably a year or two. I decided to join now because I could use a little help in DM-ing. My players are levelling and I can't get away anymore with improvising like I did before (sometimes). And because friendly banter is a nice way of wasting time.

DementedFellow
2008-01-12, 02:03 PM
Hello, I'm new here.

I lurked for a couple days and decided to join.

On one of my threads they mentioned something about catgirls. This is beyond me and I would like to be let in on the in-joke. Please. :smallsmile:

A Rainy Knight
2008-01-12, 02:24 PM
Hi there. :smallsmile:

They might have been talking about the gamer's saying "Whenever you discuss real world physics in a fantasy game, a catgirl dies."

DementedFellow
2008-01-12, 02:47 PM
Hi there. :smallsmile:

They might have been talking about the gamer's saying "Whenever you discuss real world physics in a fantasy game, a catgirl dies."

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense.

LadyJo
2008-01-12, 02:49 PM
Hi, I am new to the Forum, but not to the comic. I just finally decided to join the Forum. :smallsmile:

EverYakEyes
2008-01-12, 08:15 PM
Meow, I am new?

Love the comic. Worship. : D

Jimblee
2008-01-13, 01:48 AM
Hello all! I've been reading OotS since around Comic #102, and lurking the forums for the past fourty or so comics, I figure this is as good a place as any to make my first post

Myn
2008-01-13, 03:03 AM
Hiya, I found OotS and Erfworld a few weeks ago, and I've been following the forums ever since (especially the PC stupidity thread, it's priceless). I'm brand new to D&D (and d20s in general), and hoping to start it up.

PS: Quick noob question: how do you put dice rolls into your post?

Thanks in advance ^.^

Raiser Blade
2008-01-13, 03:34 AM
Welcome fellow playgrounders. :smallsmile:

Ceska
2008-01-13, 05:34 AM
Welcome all, have fun here in the playground.

Meow, I am new?
Oh god, I though you were Curly for a moment.

But it's "just" another kitteh? *makes out with* Welcome to the forums, make a visit at SMBG.

Hello all! I've been reading OotS since around Comic #102, and lurking the forums for the past fourty or so comics, I figure this is as good a place as any to make my first post
It is even the best to do so.

Sorry, too late. Be sure not to look at the SMBG (Silly message board games) if you want to have time to eat.
What are you doing? We needs them players, we neeedsss them.

No really, join SMBG. You know you want to.

PS: Quick noob question: how do you put dice rolls into your post?

Thanks in advance ^.^
You need to post in the appropriate forum, or it won't do anything, but:
XdY = Rolls X dice of Y value.
XdYbZ = Rolls X dice of Y value and takes the best Z dice rolls.
XdY+/-Z = Rolls X dice of Y value and then adds or subtracts Z from the result.

Valysiel
2008-01-13, 03:57 PM
Hi all

i've been reading oots for a quite while and get addicted the first time i saw. i decided to join the forum hope that i can play PbP. wish i can play PbP with everyone.

Harlequin_1998
2008-01-13, 06:23 PM
Hello, and thanks for having me!

Blue October
2008-01-13, 06:34 PM
it said to say hello.
this aint my first profile, my old one was drake.
(forgot his password):smallconfused:

Venox
2008-01-13, 07:18 PM
Long time reader and lurker. Finally decided to register.

It's always been great community here, happy to join. Everyone seems very friendly and most of all - intelligent. Well...maybe not everyone...

But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. :smallbiggrin:

hap_hazard
2008-01-14, 07:41 AM
Hey.
Longtime lurker, finally registered.

Fester
2008-01-14, 07:24 PM
i am fester

i troll, but in a mildly amusing and witty manner

that is all

ReggarBlane
2008-01-14, 07:54 PM
Here I am. I'm not sure what I'm going to do here, but I figured I'd go ahead and participate for once.

dremac
2008-01-14, 08:36 PM
Hello, I've been reading this comic for awhile so thought I would register and say great job :)

Nearbychaos
2008-01-14, 08:43 PM
Hello people ;D

A Rainy Knight
2008-01-14, 09:07 PM
Hi-diddly-ho!
Salutations and hello!
Having new folks is always great
Are you hungry, or perhaps you ate?
I think we've got some cake in the fridge,
Never mind, it's no matter, just come cross the bridge
To this wonderful land we call the Playground
Just give me your hand and I'll show you around. :smallsmile:

Hey everyone.

Achilles
2008-01-14, 09:57 PM
Hello, my real name is Nicholas. I am a green haired scalawag that enjoys punk rock. I like playing characters with mental issues. I also like dwarves. I'm not sure why. I think it is the glorious beard.

Dragonrider
2008-01-15, 12:11 AM
Welcome one and all :smallbiggrin: You will soon learn the ropes around here. Don't worry. The razzing is mild and only 73% likely to cause major debilitating mental and/or physical effects.
Just kidding. We won't do anything more dire than the dreaded White Font. And cookies. Have a cookie. *tosses*

Greybear
2008-01-15, 02:52 PM
is just wanna say hello :)

Aenelor
2008-01-15, 04:36 PM
Greetings to you all. I have been lurking on these forums for about a year, and I figure that it is about time I actually register.

I cannot promise I'll be a particularly active member, but I look forward to joining in this great community.

ScottyBomb
2008-01-15, 06:03 PM
New, hiya.

Etc, etc.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-15, 11:14 PM
Welcome, new Members! Please make yourselves at home! Not gonna be an active poster? Not a problem! Just drop by whenever you feel like it!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-16, 07:12 PM
Hello, my real name is Nicholas. I am a green haired scalawag that enjoys punk rock. I like playing characters with mental issues. I also like dwarves. I'm not sure why. I think it is the glorious beard.

Dwarves? DWARVES?!? Why dwarves when there are the far superior elves around! (Yes, I like elves).

You dwarves are liars, too! You accused me of giving one of your old hags eldars elven cancer, which doesn't even exist!!
Dwarves suck and Elves rock. :D
Nor are we ruled by an immortal lich council that likes to drink the blood of young dwarven children.
PM me if you have a question.

ShadowStorm
2008-01-16, 10:29 PM
Hey everyone!

Sneak
2008-01-16, 10:52 PM
Hey everyone!

Hey Dr. ShadowStorm!

Yllaria
2008-01-17, 02:23 AM
I registered last May and still haven't posted. That's probably going to be about my posting speed. Hello.

It's been so long, I've forgotten what my avatar looks like. Now that I've posted to say hi, I can check it out. I hope it looks cool.

edited to add - Hmm. Not a bad icon. I'll keep that.

Chunk
2008-01-17, 03:26 AM
Howdy everyone, like a lot of other people here I'm a long time reader of OOTS and am a good fan of it. Nice to meet you all!

North
2008-01-17, 03:53 AM
Hello to all. Thanks for posting here and not creating a new thread.

Its a great site to be part of! If you have any questions please feel free to send a PM.

Head to the Arts N crafts section if you want to request a personalized avatar.

Check out the SMBG section lots and lots and lots of fun down there. Were always looking for more people to play Super Hero Heal/Hurt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55897) and X Men Heal Hurt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61973) :smallbiggrin: the other Heal/Hurts and more!

Lyrandar
2008-01-17, 06:15 AM
Woops. I guess I was supposed to post here first. Well, hi!

~Lyrandar

Mingchan
2008-01-18, 04:35 AM
Hello, Mingchan here!! I LOVE the Order of the Stick. Spent my entire afternoon reading it, and it so rocks out loud.

Anyway, hope to meet new friends here!

Lupy
2008-01-19, 08:04 PM
I am risen! I am back, and ready to babble mindlessly on the greatness of Varsuvius, the evil of Belkar, the Childishness of Elan, the leadership of Roy, the greed of Haliegh, and the um... Follower-of-Thorishness of Durkon!:smallwink:

renzozuken2002
2008-01-20, 12:32 AM
Meh, may as well say hello here... seems to be all the rage.

Hello everyone!
I am renzozuken2002 and I look forward to participating with all you wonderful people!
If you like, you can also call me ren, renzo, the crazy guy, you or idiot... preferably not the last one.

xmolder
2008-01-20, 05:15 AM
Good <morning/afternoon/evening>, whoever happens to be reading this!

Long time gamer, about 5 years with D&D, DM for around 4 of those. I participate in NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org) every year, which totals to two years of attempts, this year I'm trying NaNoWriYe, 250,000 words, which means while I'm creating, I'm going to be forced to focus less on my upcoming campaigns. A dilemma.

Excited to be a part of these forums. And I'm really not too sure why... Seems like a great place, of course, but I'm normally not very active online.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-20, 09:00 AM
Good <morning/afternoon/evening>, whoever happens to be reading this!

Long time gamer, about 5 years with D&D, DM for around 4 of those. I participate in NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org) every year, which totals to two years of attempts, this year I'm trying NaNoWriYe, 250,000 words, which means while I'm creating, I'm going to be forced to focus less on my upcoming campaigns. A dilemma.

Excited to be a part of these forums. And I'm really not too sure why... Seems like a great place, of course, but I'm normally not very active online.

You're not alone! Plenty of people here like NaNoWriMo, too. Just not me.
Please, don't spam, don't post for the sake of increasing your post count and PM me if you have a question.

Lu Yan
2008-01-20, 02:45 PM
Ello my lovely little donkeys! :smalltongue:

new guy here sayin hello to everyone, been watching the site for a while now. made my avatar using corel draw, paint, and saved it on photoshop :smallbiggrin: hope to have fun as a member :P

Edit 1: gonna be fixing my avi now :P

Edit 2: there we go...

Sneak
2008-01-20, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the boards, Lu Yan!

Welcome to the boards, xmolder!

Welcome to the boards, renzozuken2002!

Welcome to the boards, Lupy!

Welcome to the boards, Mingchan!

Welcome to the—you know, we should probably just hire an NPC spambot for this sort of thing.

Anyway...

Welcome to the boards!

TRM
2008-01-20, 03:31 PM
Velcome to the Playground. Remember to have fun, avoid getting stabbed to death and follow the rules of posting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1)

Enjoy your time here :smallsmile:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-20, 04:30 PM
Again, PM me if you have a question, but I need you - yes, YOU - to vote Shas'aia Toriia for Conjuration in the playground. To be even more awesome then you assuredly are already, head down the SMBG and vote in Shas.

You won't be dissapointed. :smallsmile:

Whim
2008-01-20, 08:57 PM
Hello, friends.

I've lurked for a few months now, read both comics too... Hopefully I won't make a moron of myself as I walk (speak... type... other things) among you. :smallsmile:

TRM
2008-01-20, 09:01 PM
Welcome Whim. We'll be sure to let you know if you make an idiot of yourself, we're very candid that way :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin: :smallsmile:

Em Blackleaf
2008-01-20, 09:02 PM
Again, PM me if you have a question, but I need you - yes, YOU - to vote Shas'aia Toriia for Conjuration in the playground. To be even more awesome then you assuredly are already, head down the SMBG and vote in Shas.

You won't be dissapointed. :smallsmile:
Tsk! Tsk! Don't campaign outside of SMBG.
* Slaps on the Wrist *

Anyway, welcome to the boards, Whim! That's okay, I make a moron of myself most of the time. That's how you have fun. Also, that's what the 'edit' button is for. :smalltongue:

Sneak
2008-01-20, 10:26 PM
Or the delete button. :P

Anyhow, don't worry. I regularly make a fool out of myself. People don't seem to mind. Right, guys?

...guys?

Anybody there?

Yubari
2008-01-20, 10:28 PM
Hey all,

I'm an inveterate lurker. I've been reading OotS since December, and I especially like the dynamics between :xykon: and :redcloak:, and the characterization of Team Evil as a whole. I hope to contribute to the uniqueness of this community, and the discussion of Rich's awesome webcomic.

Yubari

TundraWolf
2008-01-21, 05:32 AM
Greetings to all!

I've been a long-time reader of OOTS, and been around for Erfworld ever since the very first strip. I finally figured I'd just bite the bullet and join the forum as well: why not add one more to the list of fifty-plus that I frequent? Especially one devoted to something I enjoy oh-so-much.

Cheers, all! Hope you all are doing well, and such and such.

Forward, ho!

TundraWolf
2008-01-21, 05:35 AM
Greetings to all!

I've been a long-time reader of OOTS, and been around for Erfworld ever since the very first strip. I finally figured I'd just bite the bullet and join the forum as well: why not add one more to the list of fifty-plus that I frequent? Especially one devoted to something I enjoy oh-so-much.

Cheers, all! Hope you all are doing well, and such and such.

Forward, ho!

Dysmondo
2008-01-21, 03:18 PM
The heroic acts of the Order of the Stick are perspiration to us all; especially during these penny-lynching times.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-21, 08:23 PM
Tsk! Tsk! Don't campaign outside of SMBG.
* Slaps on the Wrist *

Anyway, welcome to the boards, Whim! That's okay, I make a moron of myself most of the time. That's how you have fun. Also, that's what the 'edit' button is for. :smalltongue:

Ouch! That hurt!
*Gates in a monster to eat Em* :smallamused:

TundraWolf, if you go to the "edit" section on your post, you can delete posts so that you don't have two identical ones right next to each other.
And Dysmondo, what did you say? :smallconfused: I can't make heads nor tails out of that statement. :smalltongue:

kuro_zero
2008-01-21, 08:37 PM
Friend of mine told me about this site for a Mekton game he might be GMing, so here's the customary forum introduction:

'Sup all.

Hecatonchires
2008-01-21, 08:43 PM
Hello.

Apparently posts need to have already ten characters in them.

Weird.

jm_jazzman
2008-01-21, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone.

My friends got me on the forum for some online D&D, and now I'm starting to get into OOTS too.

This place makes me feel happy.

TheLastOfTheFallen
2008-01-22, 02:02 AM
Not a new member, but an old one returning. Dunno if anyone I used to talk to is still on here, but regardless, I'm back. :smallbiggrin:

Sprocket
2008-01-22, 06:20 PM
mmmm...forum

The_JJ
2008-01-22, 06:51 PM
:smalltongue: :smallannoyed: :smallfurious: :smallcool: :biggrin: :roy: :haley: eeheehee smilies.

so yeah...

The Rose Dragon
2008-01-22, 06:54 PM
I'm new! I'm new!

I'm Prince Jin Lung the Rose Dragon of the Jin Dynasty, or the Rose Dragon for short. Apparently I like being a tyrant and invading others' personal space in my spare time. Also, my shrink thinks I should up the dose of my meds.

At any rate, hi!

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-22, 06:54 PM
:smalltongue: :smallannoyed: :smallfurious: :smallcool: :biggrin: :roy: :haley: eeheehee smilies.

so yeah...

:wink: Welcome, JJ!

JakStone
2008-01-22, 08:47 PM
Hello, all! I'm a long time lurker and reader of OOTS, so I figured I'd finally join the community and post around. Plus, you have the best smilies ever here. :smallsmile: :smallamused:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-22, 08:52 PM
That we do, but we're missing a :/ smilie. :smallfrown: :smallannoyed:

JakStone
2008-01-22, 09:22 PM
That we do, but we're missing a :/ smilie. :smallfrown: :smallannoyed:

Huh....:smallconfused: I'm suprised something like that would be overlooked. The only real sad/down face is :smallfrown:. Also, there's no non-mean :smallyuk: face.

I love :smalleek: :smallamused: :smallsigh: :smallredface: though. All of which are made of awesome.

Guerulfus
2008-01-23, 02:49 AM
Hey, I'm new to the forum thing, but a long time reader of OOTS & Long time(pretty experienced) D&D player. All of which means I may be asking, or answering, lots of questions...lol. Hope to be a useful part of the forum. See you around.

Yspoch
2008-01-23, 03:04 AM
Hi! Just a little bit of "unlurking" here - won't post very often, but I really enjoy reading this forum (and of course the comic(s))!

Mordokai
2008-01-23, 03:24 AM
Or the delete button. :P

Anyhow, don't worry. I regularly make a fool out of myself. People don't seem to mind. Right, guys?

...guys?

Anybody there?

Well, we don't mind too much, at any rate :smallbiggrin:

A big welcome to all the new members. It's great here, as you'll soon find out. I came here and now they just can't seem to get rid of me, no matter how hard they try :smallbiggrin:

Sannit
2008-01-23, 06:34 AM
Hello all! Another one of those "long time reader, first time poster"s. I joined mainly to see if the PBP forums are willing to accept yet another RPG nut, but I'm saying hi over here 'cause I'm friendly like that.

*is friendly*

So, uh, yes, hi. How are you?

piraterpg
2008-01-23, 02:07 PM
hey ppl! Ive read this comic for a long time and now felt like becoming part of the forum :P

Zar Peter
2008-01-23, 04:43 PM
A welcome to all new Poster from me here (Long time not posted in the welcome thread). Feel free to bring chips and beverages, lay your fee on the desk and enjoy the madness.
Should I say that I'm mostly in the SMBG section?

Primal Fury
2008-01-23, 05:05 PM
hello everyone, after reading OoTS for some time, i've decided to join the forum, which is very well designed i should say, and... huh, i guess thats it...
ah well, peace:tongue:

EDIT: Wow it is REALLY hard to find an avatar i like... does anyone know if a could get a custom one?

Gemina
2008-01-23, 06:21 PM
Greeting one and all. I have read the comic for a long time and have decided to join the group.

Penril
2008-01-24, 09:24 AM
Greetings and Salutations All!

Long time reader, first time contributor. I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Zar Peter
2008-01-24, 09:59 AM
hello everyone, after reading OoTS for some time, i've decided to join the forum, which is very well designed i should say, and... huh, i guess thats it...
ah well, peace:tongue:

EDIT: Wow it is REALLY hard to find an avatar i like... does anyone know if a could get a custom one?

You could request an avatar in the Arts and Craft section or you PM someone who has the sentence "I take avatar requests" in his/her signature.

And welcome everybody!

Thangorodrim
2008-01-24, 06:34 PM
I've been reading OOTS for ages, and thought I'd dabble in the forums, I have stuck my oar in a few 40k threads already mind, but I thought I'd say hi.

So, uh...

Hello?!

Or BRAINZ! whichever works.

Syranore
2008-01-24, 06:45 PM
Recently got through caught completely up with Erfworld and OOT. Hello. This is my first post in the forum.

Skippy
2008-01-24, 08:01 PM
Be welcome, ye new people!! Have a nice time here in the Playground!! Remember to be nice and make sure you read the rules!! And also read the Board Issues subforum!! A lot of questions are there, answered already!! And if there's something else you want to know, just ask! There are no stupid questions. Ok, there are. But they've been asked already. A lot of times.

Oh, and don't feel the trolls. Be careful with white text and learn to love the Edit button. It will be one of your best friends here. *Stab*

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-26, 09:58 AM
Recently got through caught completely up with Erfworld and OOT. Hello. This is my first post in the forum.

It's actually OOTS, with an S on the end.
Also, if anybody even mentions white text in their posts, I can gurantee there will be some in there most of the time. Like this.

PM me if you have a question.

Jyynxcat
2008-01-26, 12:46 PM
Hello, all! Like I'm sure the majority of you do, I like OOTS and Erfworld. Not only is this my first giantitp forum post, it is my first internet forum post EVER. I know, it's shocking, I'm a total newbie. Anyway, I look forward to posting and discussing all the important aspects of the aforementioned comics. :smalltongue:

TRM
2008-01-26, 06:52 PM
Welcome. First posts are always exciting. :smallsmile:

MarshmeloOfHell
2008-01-26, 07:16 PM
Well I'm a new member here! I've been reading the oots comic for forever, but really never ventured to other parts of the site!

So from oots, heeere I be!

Also, I play kingdom of loathing, so PM me if you do to, and I can get your username :smallbiggrin:!

Miss Starshine
2008-01-26, 11:56 PM
Hey there! I've been reading the comic for a while but just recently went to the store and followed the link at the bottom of the page. :smallsmile:

Edit: Incidentally, does anyone know how to do spoiler text?

Haruki-kun
2008-01-27, 01:57 AM
Welcome! Have fun! I'm sure you'll love this place!

To write spoiler tags: type [spoiler] and then type [/ spoiler] without the space.

Ethrael
2008-01-27, 05:34 AM
I've been a member for quite a while, but only just really started in the forums. hello everyone :biggrin:!

TRM
2008-01-27, 10:20 AM
Welcome Ethrael. I really like your serpentieneatar.

I'll add myself to the list of people willing to answer questions. PM me if you have any.

*invisible stabbity death*

Steven the Lich
2008-01-27, 11:56 AM
A fog arises, a fog thicker than peanut butter. Then, a skeletal like figure arises, with glowing blue eyes...
"I am the darkest of dark lords, the most villainous of evil villains... I have been called a god on many levels... I have command of armies darker than you can dream of... and I have a single name... my name is... STEVEN THE LICH!":xykon:
Stepping out of the fog, he trips on a branch and falls over ,"UMPH... what the? Ugh, dang fog, can't see an inch in front of me...":smallmad:
Hello, this is my very first post on the forum. I followed along with the OotS for maybe a year or so now, and I decided to join the forum and whatnot. Be warned, if though conflicts with me, thy mind will go mad! :smallfurious: Enough said, now bring on other introductions, I'm done here :smallsmile:

Miss Starshine
2008-01-27, 01:29 PM
Welcome! Have fun! I'm sure you'll love this place!

To write spoiler tags: type [spoiler] and then type [/ spoiler] without the space.

Thanks Haruki-Kun! :biggrin:

Mee
2008-01-27, 07:32 PM
Hi! 1 word first post!!!

:smallsigh:
Never mind, 8 word post.
And I just want to say, I'm really sad that no one else thought of this name.

Okay, 26.

HZ514
2008-01-27, 09:55 PM
Hi, I've read OoTS basically from the beginning (started reading around #20's posting) and I love it. It's the only webcomic I read, I've tried to read others but they just don't have the same level of awesomeness. :smallbiggrin: Anyway, I just finally got around to making a forum account, so yay.

It's hard to believe I've been following OoTS for years now, but it's pretty amazing. It's been fun the entire time.

Raider
2008-01-27, 10:38 PM
Hi guys I was just reffered to this site and find it amazing. I've been looking for an online source for DnD for quite some time. Glad to be here. Thanks for having me.

Sneak
2008-01-27, 10:46 PM
A fog arises, a fog thicker than peanut butter.

A fog thicker than peanut butter!? Damn, that's some pretty thick fog!

Anyway, welcome. That goes for everyone.

Mee
2008-01-27, 10:54 PM

Thank you.

KindaChang
2008-01-28, 02:30 AM
It is inevitable. Of every webcomic I archive dive regularly I end up posting on the related forums. Order of the Stick was my last holdout.

And so, here I am.

Steven the Lich
2008-01-28, 06:07 AM

Thank you... but you know, fog that thick is hard to see through...

seventhsamurai
2008-01-28, 06:35 AM
I'm not a new person, but I have just come back after a very long hiatus. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I'll come up with something special to celebrate coming back (maybe make stickfigures from a favorite film.)

batsofchaos
2008-01-28, 10:46 AM
While not new per se, I've been away from the board for a very long time, was not here for very long to begin with, and am probably going to remain fairly lurk-happy. Howdy-do all!

Devon
2008-01-28, 11:09 AM
Hello all - New person here :)

Devon

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-28, 08:18 PM
Hello. And remember, most people will be happy to help you out, just drop us a PM with your question/concern. :smallsmile:

Sneak
2008-01-28, 09:37 PM
Thank you.

You're welcome.

Welcome to everybody else, as well! :P And welcome again to all of you coming back!

Lonna
2008-01-29, 12:09 AM
Hey, I'm a new person. A friend introduced me to OOTS about three days ago, and since then I've managed to read pretty much the entire series to date (mostly by staying up way too late). I'm also interested in trying the play by post D&D, though I've never actually been able to play it before. So yeah, that's me.

~Lonna~

Quorothorn
2008-01-29, 12:16 AM
Well, I've been reading the comic for the past month and the forums for the past fortnight: I figured it was about time I joined, even if I won't be able to post much for some time due to school issues.

It's interesting that I've never played D&D (done some WoD in my day, albeit not much), but thanks to this comic and things I've picked up here and there IRL and on the Internet, I think I have a semi-solid grasp on the rules.

So, hello all. :smallcool:

Axisell
2008-01-29, 05:27 AM
I am Axisell, Player of the Tiefling Hexblade Rexis. I DEMAND YOUR RESPECT!!!!

just kidding. but seriously, I love playing Tiefling characters as the "tainted" archetype and Hexblades are my fav class. Glad to be here

Jowston
2008-01-29, 05:34 AM
Heyo, I just read the entire comic up till current in a driven "I don't know what" and I have to say, I love it! I just wanted to post so I could let you know I bask in glory that is OotS :biggrin:

Shadowcaller
2008-01-29, 11:38 AM
Hello everyone, im new, this is in fact the first post i made to a forum...ever

Kimmy
2008-01-29, 02:38 PM
Hey been a reader of comic for long time and I just wanted to see what goes on in forum so Hi.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-30, 12:44 AM
Hi!

Welcome to the Playground!
We got fun 'n' games!
We got everything you want....

Krogher
2008-01-30, 01:30 AM
Hey all! New to the forums, but long time reader of the comics. Heard your RP section's good, so I thought I'd check it out. *cracks knuckles* Alright.

Ceska
2008-01-30, 02:39 AM
Welcome. However, I have to tell you the image is too big and breaking the rules of this forum.

Maximum Total Width of Images 468px
Maximum Total Height of Images 120px
Maximum Height of Images in Spoiler 300px

You could scale it down and spoiler it, though.

Keyser
2008-01-30, 10:22 AM
Hello. New here. Came from same place as Krogher. Way to read the rules first, Con-con! :P

Devour
2008-01-30, 01:59 PM
Like all here, I love the comics, and just wanted to sign up, then remembered to, today.

HERRO. :smallbiggrin:

Aronan
2008-01-30, 03:27 PM
Yarr. I is do be new here and is supposed to say "hi" or something. So here it is: Hi, everybody. Nice to meet you...a bunch of strangers on the internet I'll never meet. It's good to see your avatars. Yes, I'm both cynical, sarcastic, and weird. And I don't care that I said "both" for three things. Deal with it. :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2008-01-30, 03:33 PM
Yarr. I is do be new here and is supposed to say "hi" or something. So here it is: Hi, everybody. Nice to meet you...a bunch of strangers on the internet I'll never meet. It's good to see your avatars. Yes, I'm both cynical, sarcastic, and weird. And I don't care that I said "both" for three things. Deal with it. :smallbiggrin:
Welcome, and watch out for those thread with meetup in the title. We don't want you to accidentally break your word. :smallwink: Okay, maybe we do because meeting new people is always fun.

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who know how to count and those who don't.

Hello and welcome!

opti-who?
2008-01-30, 05:40 PM
hello yes im also new here,
despites ive already posted twice i decided to post hee something as well,
so hi folks!! ifyou need more info pm me

Frictional
2008-01-30, 06:36 PM
Hey. Been readin' the comic for a while now, have actually tried registering twice before, but my computer disagreed with me and thwarted my efforts. Yay technology.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-30, 07:13 PM
Again, PM me if you have a question.
And going with what Supagoof said. . .

There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Kilroy
2008-01-31, 05:51 AM
good mornin

Zeb The Troll
2008-01-31, 06:19 AM
*gasp!*

Kilroy was here!

:smallcool:

Doc Filth
2008-01-31, 06:29 AM
*waves*

Hello, all!

New to the forum, and almost-just-as-new to OotS - only found it on Monday, and read the whole thing since then. Goes without saying, I think it's excellent.

Meeed
2008-01-31, 08:58 AM
Hey,
Found OotS a while ago, and I have to say, it is THE most awesome webcomic EVER.
That's... basically all I wanted to say for now, hope I have a good time here:smallwink:

LordSintax
2008-01-31, 02:23 PM
hey all, just doing my duty and posting a hello message like a good little pixie's supposed to. so.... um.... ayup. Hi and all that.
Discovered OOTS a while back, but never bothered to join the forums.
(never bothered to join ANY forums... EVER, but this seemed worth it.)
So if anyone's aware, can I change my avatar to self-made drawings, or am I pigeonholed into the one i've got? There didnt seem to be a dwarf rogue in the avatar list, and that's what I play, so theres the reason for the question.

TheCountAlucard
2008-01-31, 05:48 PM
From my understanding, it seems that I am to introduce myself here...

Very well, I shall do so...

Hello, all. (nods)

joeker1013
2008-01-31, 07:38 PM
Hello to all!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-31, 07:52 PM
hey all, just doing my duty and posting a hello message like a good little pixie's supposed to. so.... um.... ayup. Hi and all that.
Discovered OOTS a while back, but never bothered to join the forums.
(never bothered to join ANY forums... EVER, but this seemed worth it.)
So if anyone's aware, can I change my avatar to self-made drawings, or am I pigeonholed into the one i've got? There didnt seem to be a dwarf rogue in the avatar list, and that's what I play, so theres the reason for the question.

Don't worry, you can. Once you get a custom avvie, just upload in the User CP where it says "Custom Avatar Link", or something to that effect.

FreiSchultz
2008-02-01, 12:42 AM
Goood evening.
I'm a bit tired now, so I'll do some serious posting later.

BooTheHamster
2008-02-01, 03:21 AM
Hi, I've been an OOtS reader for a while and decided to join.

Now I need a sig...:smallsmile:

Zakama
2008-02-01, 03:30 AM
Hey all, welcome to the playground, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Supagoof, Shas, did you know 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions?

Beniferin
2008-02-01, 11:06 AM
Hiya,

I'm a fan of OotS, but I'm more a fan of this minimalist medium used to express a comical plot concisely.

Yes, I like stick figures.

Looking forward to seeing you all around :smallbiggrin:

Satyrquaze
2008-02-01, 11:26 AM
Heya,

I'm new and I am here... I'm a fan of OotS and the genre in general. (Yes, both comics AND gaming... how can one mind live at that speed??)
:smallbiggrin:

vikinglief
2008-02-01, 02:34 PM
Greetings and Salutations to everyone.

As I am a newcomer to these (net) shores, I feel as though I should introduce myself.

First: who am I?
I'm a (more than) slightly crazy nerd, who loves computers, good fantasy, gaming of all sorts, and collecting random information.

Second: why am I here?
In short, a fellow D&D gamer told me I had to check out OOTS. This was about two weeks ago. I have since read up through #526 and my only regret is that I never stumbled upon this treasure sooner.

Thank you all for listening to my ramblings and happy forum-ing

Andre Fairchilde
2008-02-01, 05:51 PM
Welcome to everyone! There's something here for every inner geek!

m40ev
2008-02-01, 05:52 PM
Hey, m40ev here, I'm a Nale freak and I also think Vaarsuvius is awesome. I've gotten up to speed in two weeks on an average of 45 comics a day, my record was one day when I read 97 comics in one sitting. Sometimes I scare myself. :smallbiggrin:

SuperBelkar
2008-02-01, 09:53 PM
Hello everyone, im new, this is in fact the first post i made to a forum...ever

HOLY CRAP, look at your avatar its hilarious:smallbiggrin:

SuperBelkar
2008-02-01, 09:55 PM
Hey, m40ev here, I'm a Nale freak and I also think Vaarsuvius is awesome. I've gotten up to speed in two weeks on an average of 45 comics a day, my record was one day when I read 97 comics in one sitting. Sometimes I scare myself. :smallbiggrin:

i just finished the book again:smalltongue:

SuperBelkar
2008-02-01, 10:00 PM
im probably the newest here i just came 5minutes ago:smallannoyed:

Geno9999
2008-02-01, 10:08 PM
Those of you who are on the Smash Bros forum might remember me. Just wanted to say an official HELLO TO YA'LL!

Sythe
2008-02-02, 02:15 AM
Hello. I read the comics, I like to roleplay.

Ayy.

HKJones
2008-02-02, 02:51 AM
Hello there.

I enjoy D&D, RPGs and Fast Food.
I consider long walks on the beach a pointless waste of computer time.

Am currently searching for girlfriend...
:smalltongue:

Elthar
2008-02-02, 05:51 AM
Well, i'm registered after a good time of oots reading now so...um....Hi! :smallsmile:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-02, 04:24 PM
Hey everybody.

Also, SuperBelkar, try not to post so many times in a row.
There's a small button on the bottom right-hand of the post, called "Edit". Please use this.

And Zakama, I didn't know that. . . :smalltongue:

Lizard
2008-02-02, 09:36 PM
Hmmm does a member that joined a year ago, was around for a day, lost password, and discovered that you can get a new one few days ago qualify for this thread?:smallconfused:

If yes: Hello everyone!:smallbiggrin:
If not: Damn!:smallfurious:

MasahiroHyuga
2008-02-02, 09:38 PM
Hello! i am brand new, and from what i can tell this is great. Everyone is so friendly, thnx for being so kind to a noob. *bows from greatfulness*

Raider
2008-02-02, 10:06 PM
Hey Masa, I'm new too. Welcome and have a hug

Mukluk
2008-02-02, 10:58 PM
I Mukluk, Kobold scout. Hi. I goes now to find adventurers to join on quest.:smallbiggrin:

Also please warn me if you be seeing Belkar of the Leaves of Bitter Tasting. I no want head turned into helmet or bowl for nachos.:smalleek:

EnderChant
2008-02-02, 11:34 PM
Ender Chant, magician with a ... skewed avatar (any suggestions on how to make it a bit more narrow?)

Yeah, so. Hey all! Are witty comments in order here?

Raider
2008-02-03, 01:16 AM
Yo Ender, welcome

Raiser Blade
2008-02-03, 01:25 AM
Yo Ender, welcome

Dang I just hope people don't start confusing Raider and Raiser... :smalltongue:

Gronar
2008-02-03, 05:50 AM
Hey Everyone :smallsmile:

I'm new here and was forced urged to read OotS about a year ago, and into joining the forums around 10 mins ago :smallwink:

Lord Herman
2008-02-03, 05:59 AM
Hi, new people!

Dang I just hope people don't start confusing Raider and Raiser... :smalltongue:

Wait, which one were you again? :smallconfused:

easyname
2008-02-03, 06:58 AM
I just joined the site, so hi.:smallsmile:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-03, 09:07 AM
Ender Chant, magician with a ... skewed avatar (any suggestions on how to make it a bit more narrow?)

Yeah, so. Hey all! Are witty comments in order here?

Yeah. If you go to options under your User CP, you can change the amount of pixels high and pixels across your avvie is.

Takara
2008-02-03, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone i am new here! :smallsmile:

Akai
2008-02-03, 03:07 PM
Eylo.
My name is Akai, or ReD, and I am new hear.
I lurked about the forums/site for quite a few months and finally
got off my butt to join and post.

Shadow
2008-02-03, 03:46 PM
Hi new folks!
Welcome to the playground!

Rule #1: Don't eat any pie given to you by the one called Castaras.
Rule #2: Follow Rule #1 and you'll live long enough to figure out the other rules.

Zar Peter
2008-02-03, 04:58 PM
Hi new folks!
Welcome to the playground!

Rule #1: Don't eat any pie given to you by the one called Castaras.
Rule #2: Follow Rule #1 and you'll live long enough to figure out the other rules.

Rule #3: If you ever happen to play a Werewolf-game in the SMBG part (Structured games), be sure to lynch Shadow on day three. Don't ask why, just do it.

And hello to everyone, I'm sure you all will find fun and insanity here, no matter what you are searching for. :smallbiggrin:

Volug
2008-02-03, 07:05 PM
Hello! i am brand new, and from what i can tell this is great. Everyone is so friendly, thnx for being so kind to a noob. *bows from greatfulness*

Hmmm... I wonder why we have identicle user names.:smallwink:

No, I didn't make another account:smalltongue:

MasahiroHyuga
2008-02-03, 07:38 PM
Hmmm... I wonder why we have identicle user names.:smallwink:

No, I didn't make another account:smalltongue:

Yes we are actually cousins, basicaly brothers but not from the same mother.
And we are of the Hyuga!

Volug
2008-02-03, 07:55 PM
Yes we are actually cousins, basicaly brothers but not from the same mother.
And we are of the Hyuga!

You weren't supposed to say yet!:smallbiggrin:

Ah well, welcome anyways! That was a plesent surprise to see I suddenly get a PM from you:smalltongue:

And yes, Hyuga's rock.

Swordlol
2008-02-04, 07:20 PM
Umm... hello.

Long time browser, first time poster.

Really enjoy the comic, never played D&D but I still somehow I probably managed to laugh just as much as the rest of you guys.

I know how you judge people with their first post...
I got nothing.

The below statement is false.
The above staement is true.

Something like that?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-04, 07:25 PM
Umm... hello.

Long time browser, first time poster.

Really enjoy the comic, never played D&D but I still somehow I probably managed to laugh just as much as the rest of you guys.

I know how you judge people with their first post...
I got nothing.

The below statement is false.
The above staement is true.

Something like that?

A worthwhile first post.
More importantly, you used grammar! :smallbiggrin:
Remember folks, grammar is nice here! We generally consider ourselves a pretty nice place, so don't spam, use proper grammar, and throw your garbage in the bin.

Swordlol
2008-02-04, 07:32 PM
A worthwhile first post.
More importantly, you used grammar! :smallbiggrin:
Remember folks, grammar is nice here! We generally consider ourselves a pretty nice place, so don't spam, use proper grammar, and throw your garbage in the bin.

My record with using proper grammar as it stands...

2/2?

Prediction: 2/50

Raider
2008-02-04, 08:21 PM
VelCOme ZwordLOLZ I hoep u engoy your stay.

Ah, ruining trends. The trademark of a true jerk

Anyways welcome and don't judge this forum on the actions of moi

Swordlol
2008-02-04, 08:59 PM
VelCOme ZwordLOLZ I hoep u engoy your stay.

Ah, ruining trends. The trademark of a true jerk

Anyways welcome and don't judge this forum on the actions of moi

Your my idol?

Aaya
2008-02-04, 10:02 PM
I'm back!

I was on the forums a lot about two years ago, then what with one thing and another (mostly school) stopped visiting.
Still kept reading the comic though.

Well, I'm still gaming (and still at school), and figured I'd start checking back in.

Look forward to seeing everyone around! :smallbiggrin:

-- Andrew / Aaya

Alaire
2008-02-05, 02:08 AM
Hi guys n girls!

I am not to new to the comic, been reading for about 3 months, but really new to this forum! I really, really love OOTS and thought that I would like to get involved with the community

Anyway I really can't wait to get involved in the community, it looks really friendly :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2008-02-05, 02:12 AM
Welcome!
Come join the fun here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34) and here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)!

Courier
2008-02-05, 02:37 AM
Howdy everyone. I'm new, but I've been lurking for a little while. :smallsmile:

Elrond
2008-02-05, 02:40 AM
Hello i'm new to the playground and i wanted to know how to put an avatar on?:smallconfused:

Elrond
2008-02-05, 03:45 AM
i was told to say hello so "Hello"

WWWWWoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:belkar: :xykon: :nale: :sabine: chaotic evil rules

Shadow
2008-02-05, 11:18 AM
Elrond:

There's a little tab called "user cp" just to the right of the "Comics" Link. Click it. Under the Control Panel, click "Edit Options." Near the bottom of the page there will be an Avatar section. You can choose an OotS avatar or a Custom avatar of your choosing. If you decide to go with a custom avatar, we've recently implemented a few simple rules to follow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=39).
Just choose which OotS avatar you'd like, or paste in the location for your custom avvie.

As a side note, there is an "Edit" button at the bottom right of each of your posts. We prefer that you edit into your previous posts instead of posting immediately for a second and third time. It helps keep the boards more organized.

Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin: Hope that helped.

Raider
2008-02-05, 09:31 PM
Hey Elrond

Glad to have you here

EmeraldRose
2008-02-05, 09:36 PM
*slides into the thread*

Haven't said hi to new ones in awhile...so...WELCOME to the PLAYGROUND!

*slides out of the thread*

Elrond
2008-02-05, 11:40 PM
Hello everybody

Elrond
2008-02-05, 11:48 PM
thanks shadow

WWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooooooooooo chaotic evil rules:sabine: :belkar: :xykon: :thog: :nale: :mitd:

Elrond
2008-02-05, 11:50 PM
wats a signature

Elrond
2008-02-05, 11:55 PM
wats the coolest OOTS avatar

WWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooooooooooo chaotic evil rules

Elrond
2008-02-06, 12:03 AM
wat r all the ranks for the playground?

WWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooooooooooo chaotic evil rules:thog: :sabine: :belkar: :xykon: :redcloak: :nale: :mitd:

Elrond
2008-02-06, 12:19 AM
Shadow will you be my buddy?:elan:

please

WWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooooooooooo chaotic evil rules:sabine: :thog: :xykon: :belkar: :mitd: :nale: :redcloak:

P.S Hinata is the best Hyuga

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-06, 08:44 AM
Elrond:

There's a little tab called "user cp" just to the right of the "Comics" Link. Click it. Under the Control Panel, click "Edit Options." Near the bottom of the page there will be an Avatar section. You can choose an OotS avatar or a Custom avatar of your choosing. If you decide to go with a custom avatar, we've recently implemented a few simple rules to follow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=39).
Just choose which OotS avatar you'd like, or paste in the location for your custom avvie.

As a side note, there is an "Edit" button at the bottom right of each of your posts. We prefer that you edit into your previous posts instead of posting immediately for a second and third time. It helps keep the boards more organized.

Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin: Hope that helped.

Elrond, please reread the bolded part.
To get a signature, go to User CP, and click "Edit Signature". Then you can put in the ". . . .Chaotic Evil rules. . ." thing without having to retype it each time.

And again, EDIT YOUR POSTS! You can also delete posts in the edit section.

Doc Leech
2008-02-06, 10:29 AM
'ello all,

just thought i'd give ye olde introduction: my name's marc muzic, i've been lurking for quite some time, and ya'll seem friendly enough to overlook the 'minor' fact that i've never played any dicey-rolly games. closest i've come is playing vidjah games that utilize the D&D rule sets. that said, i do enjoy the fantasy realm and associated activites, so that counts, right? please don't kill me! also, i don't use capital letters. that one you can kill me for.

anyway, looking forward to finally being able to reply to all the witty posts i see with my own, shall we say, "less than witty" comments :smallsmile:

Gamemaster Gith
2008-02-06, 02:06 PM
Greetings!

I am new to this site, but not to the comics or D&D. I hope to be running a PbP soon using Paizo's Pathfinder AP. Stay tuned!!

Wykdwolffie
2008-02-06, 02:39 PM
Hallo folks, my name is Wykd. Most of the time. I am not very good at forum posts, but I wanted to throw a few things out there:

To the community here: I've lurked the forums for a while, and over-all, you guys are fantastic. If there were a commune, I'd live there.

To the artist: When you got sick, I worried for you. Unusual for me to care about someone I don't know. :) Your comic makes me smile in a time when losses and death mar my lifes' landscape. I look forward each and every day to checking this comic with 3-4 others.

It amazes me, you soar from heights of comic genius, to the low depths of Belkar-ness, and still have time for Dramatic Flare, and a storyline that could suck in planets. Thank you for devoting so much of your time to this fantastic story...

The Big Cheese
2008-02-06, 03:17 PM
Hello!:belkar: :elan:

Wykdwolffie
2008-02-06, 03:52 PM
Yes, I actually clicked them all.

Hello to you, as well.

Doc Leech
2008-02-06, 04:39 PM
glad to see i'm not the only one!

course, i would have been content to just keep clicking indefinitely

Lord Herman
2008-02-06, 04:52 PM
Welcome, all! I hope you'll enjoy yourselves here. :smallsmile:

Raider
2008-02-06, 07:04 PM
Hello!:belkar: :elan:

So.........much.............CLICKING!

SuperBelkar
2008-02-06, 10:31 PM
Hi whats everyone doin'

sapphire64
2008-02-06, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone! I just started reading OOTS with my son, and we love it!

We'll be hanging out here every once in a while, right SuperBelkar? :smallsmile:

Elrond
2008-02-06, 11:45 PM
How many posts do you have to post to gain a level in the playground:roach:

FoE
2008-02-06, 11:49 PM
Gaining a level isn't important, Elrond. There are no special benefits or privileges that come with being an "Orc" or a "Barbarian" or a "Titan" in the Playground, and if the mods think that you're just spamming a thread to get your post counter up, they will issue an infraction.

Elrond
2008-02-07, 01:50 AM
Thanks Face of Evil:smallsmile:

Oh yeah and Evils da' A bome

TRM
2008-02-07, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the Playground everybody! :smallsmile:

Edit: Elrond, this is an edit. They're handy because you can avoid double and triple posting and the boards stay uncluttered. :smallsmile:

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) is Roland St. Jude's post about post counts and user titles.

Beaten to it.

Xerxes-II
2008-02-08, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone!