PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Raider
2008-02-08, 06:19 PM
Hello and welcome!

SAMAS
2008-02-08, 07:15 PM
Hello. :smallsmile:

Taran Moltu
2008-02-08, 07:24 PM
Hi!

I've been lurking here for a long time (:mitd:), do I thought I'd finally sign up and introduce myself.

Also, I must thank you guys, a lot of the information I have found here has been really interesting/informative/funny!

Bye for now...

Raider
2008-02-08, 08:33 PM
Hello to both of you!

Enjoy your stay, OR I'LL EAT YOUR SHOELACES!

FireFox
2008-02-08, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone! I've been around for awhile and finally got myself to register!
I like BZFlag, DnD, webcomics (especially OotS), and Firefly/Serenity!

Oh, my name refers to my two favorite things, not the browser:smallwink:

TRM
2008-02-08, 09:51 PM
Hello to both of you!

Enjoy your stay, OR I'LL EAT YOUR SHOELACES!
:eek:

In COMPLETE seriousness, welcome to the playground everyone!

Arlekin
2008-02-09, 11:59 AM
So I'm kinda new around here. Been reading OOTS and Erfworld for some times now. Best comic ever!.

Raider
2008-02-09, 01:33 PM
Welcom Arlekin, jump on a swing and enjoy the playground

scotfree
2008-02-10, 04:22 AM
Just wanted to Say "Hello". There i said it!:smallredface:

DreadZombigar
2008-02-10, 08:35 AM
Hey everyone, Just joined up last night. I'm a new convert - Great comic, great site.

Raider
2008-02-10, 08:57 PM
Hello and hopefully you will play nicely in the playground

EmeraldRose
2008-02-10, 09:15 PM
*welcomes all the newbies and points to various amusements*

Enjoy your visit in the sandbox!

journeyman
2008-02-11, 12:06 AM
Greetings, salutations, konichiwa, onyonghasayo, aloha, and yo! I've been re-reading the archive and oddly enough just noticed the forums (my luck on spot checks would give Belkar something to make fun of). I'm stuck away from home, books and gaming group, so I'm here to get my fix of good times, good people, and good gaming. Please take good care of me :bows:

Mal666
2008-02-11, 08:48 AM
*waves*

good morning everyone!!! :smallbiggrin:

Shademan
2008-02-11, 08:50 AM
good day, good sir. would you care fer some MARMELADE!?!
in a british sort of way?

wttr
2008-02-11, 10:19 AM
Hi im new ^__^

Orbe'Ke
2008-02-11, 05:46 PM
Hello Everyone, and Good Day to you All.
http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=7578

Level 8 campaigning LizardFolk (Y)
not completed

Orbe'Ke the LizardFolk
(Orb-ake)

Qov
2008-02-11, 06:55 PM
I know this thread is mainly here to prevent "hi I'm new" posts from clogging up the real forums and I don't feel a pressing need to say "hi I'm new, "so why am I posting? On some forums your login ID gets deleted under suspicion of being a spambot if you don't post soon after creating it. Also I want to see what my avatar looks like.

Oh and "Hi" to anyone who wants to be said hi to.

Edit: Hee hee I was going to test a bunch of avis, but while the orc-girl as cute but too ghoulish, rogue-girl is adorable. I'm keeping her.

Raider
2008-02-11, 07:02 PM
Hey Qov whats the haps?

Wizard Guy
2008-02-12, 09:51 AM
I'm new here and I just stopped in to say hi.

TRM
2008-02-12, 10:05 AM
Welcome all!:smallsmile:
Don't feed the trolls, that improves their regeneration ability by 150% and makes them more of a pain to kill.

@QoV: Does your user name stand for something?

shuz
2008-02-12, 11:01 AM
HELLO!!! I'M NEW!!!!! :smallsmile: Where's the avatars?

Raider
2008-02-12, 01:15 PM
Hey, you can either find someone to make you a custom avatar or pick a pre-made one

Qov
2008-02-12, 02:13 PM
@QoV: Does your user name stand for something?
Nope, it's just Qov, not Queen of Victory or any such thing. I've had this name longer than some posters have had the ones on their birth certificates. It's Klingon.

Quixotico
2008-02-12, 02:18 PM
Good day, all! :smallsmile:

mercurymaline
2008-02-13, 01:11 AM
Erm, hi. Long time reader and lurker. I'm a homebrewer, and it seems my world is close to done and ready for PEACHes, so I decided to sign up and start socializing.
*wave*

morbid

RachelEvil
2008-02-13, 02:20 PM
Hi! I'm a Rachel. I'm new here. Not much else to say.

bibliophile
2008-02-13, 03:54 PM
I've been I fan of OotS for while, and now I've finally formed an account. Hello, all!

Adrik
2008-02-13, 04:11 PM
Hello! I'm a big fan of Roy and the OOTS gang and this seemed like the appropriate place to express it.

Cheers!

Grax Hellfire
2008-02-13, 06:57 PM
Yay for being new! I enter the playground with naught but hope in my heart and sharp, pointy things in my pockets (just in case, ya know).

Hello, and may we all have the best of times!:smallsmile:

illyrical
2008-02-13, 09:05 PM
hey everybody

Walker Texas
2008-02-13, 10:22 PM
Hey everybody, glad to be in a nice seeming community. Hopefully I have a good time with all y'all.

"I'd like to stay and drink my first champaign! Yes?"

Crispy Dave
2008-02-14, 11:56 AM
ok all members come to the table and let me butcher you to cook and server to the older members

Gamemaster
2008-02-14, 04:28 PM
I used to write articles for RPGs that were published. Most were not AD&D. It was more Runequest, Hero systems, Paranoia, although I had one article accepted by the Dragon in issue 100.

Then I Got a Life (specifically a Wife), and fell away from it for over a decade.

But my son is 10, and he's just discovered the OotS, and loves it. So I'm joining up.

Hi everyone. Pleased to meet you.

Steve Maurer

sickler
2008-02-15, 02:50 AM
long time reader, finally decided to join the forum

hi everyone

LordVader
2008-02-15, 08:08 AM
Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Oh, and be advised it is Gender Bender week: there are not, in fact, this many girls on the forum. :smallbiggrin:

Enjoy your stay!

TwoBitWriter
2008-02-15, 11:51 AM
I don't really expect a big brouhaha here, but thought it only proper that I say hello to the forum.

My name is Richard, and I am a recent University graduate with a BA in Professional Writing.

It is easily inferred from the previous statement that I am a writer. I stick mostly to short stories but am working on a fantasy novel (having previously written a science fiction novel for one of my courses.)

I work in an office, making decent pay. It was in said office that I discovered the OOTS. I also figured that joining the forum would be a good way to get some critiques for my writing (in varying degrees of constructiveness.) I have no pretentions, I know that I have a lot more to learn despite having a degree dedicated to my craft. You should have seen the look on my parent's faces when I switched from Microbiology to writing!

With that being said, I am glad to finally join. It's been a long time coming.

I am a long-time DnD gamer, from when I was a boy and looked at the pictures in my Mother's AD&D 1st edition books. Most of my fantasy work is heavily inspired by the game. My favorite classes are Rogue and Wizard (in case that was necessary.)

Okay, this is too long an intro post. In summary, I am glad to finally join. It's been a long time coming. Feel free to message me, I am always looking for new buddies to chat with!

TRM
2008-02-15, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Oh, and be advised it is Gender Bender week: there are not, in fact, this many girls on the forum. :smallbiggrin:

Enjoy your stay!
Actually, this week would be more accurately called "Show Your Real Gender Week." as the vast population of females (estimated at over 95% of all forumites) on this forum normally marks their gender as male and remain in hiding until "Gender-Bender Week" when they show their true identity.
Just messing with your heads:smalltongue:

Welcome al Playground!:smallcool:

Crispy Dave
2008-02-15, 11:59 AM
ok everyone step over to the red table and let me strap you in the butcher physical therapist will be here to cut give you a massage so that i can cook hug you

LordVader
2008-02-15, 03:04 PM
Actually, this week would be more accurately called "Show Your Real Gender Week." as the vast population of females (estimated at over 95% of all forumites) on this forum normally marks their gender as male and remain in hiding until "Gender-Bender Week" when they show their true identity.
Just messing with your heads:smalltongue:

Welcome al Playground!:smallcool:

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!! RUN!!!!!!! SAVE YOURSELVES, NEWBIES!!!! :smalleek:

Oshavah
2008-02-15, 03:35 PM
Hi all!
Here cos my freinds recommended OOT.

Raven444
2008-02-15, 05:15 PM
Woot! First post on this forum!:smallsmile:
One of my friends recomened Oots and i've enjoyed reading all of it!

FireFox
2008-02-15, 05:34 PM
Continuing my trend of pretending i'm more important and not really a newb, I'd like to welcome youse all!:smallbiggrin:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-15, 10:03 PM
On a related note to gender-bent week, I gots me a gender-bent avvie!

Regardless, if you have a question, PM me with your questions, remember that elves are the best race ever, and you'll fit right in.

. . .

ELVES ROCK!!

Dandelion
2008-02-16, 06:15 PM
Hello, folks. Rob, it was nice to meet you at Wicked Faire. Hope you enjoyed my comic books. I know I said I was a silent fan, but here I am signing up for a forum account anyway. :)

Looking forward to the release of the Erfworld book, but meanwhile, keep posting and I'll keep reading. Even if I don't say much...

Kelp
2008-02-16, 08:45 PM
Hi! I'm new here! huh, I found this site completely by accident! :smallcool:

heretic888
2008-02-16, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Some of you may know me from the WotC forums. Thought I'd hang my hat here, as well.

Laterz.

SpiderMangina
2008-02-17, 07:30 AM
hello. ahem.

Edwin
2008-02-17, 08:13 PM
Hello everybody?:smallsmile:

TinyLionOfFire
2008-02-17, 10:06 PM
Well, I'm new here.
I was wondering where I could get a snazzy custom avatar in OOTS style... I was thinking about getting a picture converted to look like it. I was also wondering what kinds of games are here?
I LOVE OOTS!
Hello

Elrond
2008-02-18, 12:17 AM
On a related note to gender-bent week, I gots me a gender-bent avvie!

Regardless, if you have a question, PM me with your questions, remember that elves are the best race ever, and you'll fit right in.

. . .

ELVES ROCK!!

ITS TRUE ELVES ARE THE BEST RACE:cool: :cool: :biggrin:

Oh and GameMaster can i have your soul "it looks kinda powerfull"

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-18, 08:58 AM
Well, I'm new here.
I was wondering where I could get a snazzy custom avatar in OOTS style... I was thinking about getting a picture converted to look like it. I was also wondering what kinds of games are here?
I LOVE OOTS!
Hello

You can get a custom avatar by posting down in the request thread in Arts and Crafts, or you can PM somebody. However, if you do PM somebody, make sure that they do their own work and are taking requests.

And Elrond, I'm glad to meet somebody else who likes elves as much as I do.

HarmlessPenguin
2008-02-18, 07:50 PM
Hello, just another new comer here who just got caught up with the online bits of OotS and thought I'd say hi =). Oh, and how did Lillly get a Mal icon?! And who do I need to bribe to be a browncoat? =P

Crispy Dave
2008-02-18, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm new here.
I LOVE OOTS!
Hello

well you can head on over to the arts and craft section for an avatar and we have all kinds of games like play by post and sill message board games. We also have discutions on video games to rpg's

T'ze'hai
2008-02-19, 06:40 AM
Hello all new people. I was a newbie for a long time, due to mainly lurking.:smallbiggrin:

Tarantulas
2008-02-20, 04:02 AM
Yowza yo, to one and all.

Scintillatus
2008-02-20, 05:43 AM
Hello and whatnot.

Long-time reader of OOTS, shorter-time pen and paper gamer, enthusiastic worldbuilder.

Thought I'd stop by and participate a little. :smallbiggrin:

Earl of Purple
2008-02-20, 08:00 AM
hello i am new! and scaly! i like reading oots!:roach: :roach: r cool!

Earl of Purple
2008-02-20, 08:02 AM
Sorry forgot I was Undead, thought I was lizardfolk. Ah well, that teaches me for trying to think without my brain in. Can I borrow somebody's?

Cby!
2008-02-20, 10:11 AM
hello there! Im cby, new member on the forum :D
I read oots since a while, but never took the time to subscribe.
Im sure i wont regret it and will meet nice peoples!

nepphi
2008-02-20, 10:47 AM
Felicitous salutations!

That's really all I can think of saying!

Nice to be here, good to meet y'all.

Aranai
2008-02-20, 07:43 PM
Greetings. I'm Aranai, and I'm new here. Obviously. :P

Nyanyway, I was directed to Order of the Stick by a real-life friend of mine (I do believe he's on these forums somewhere, I just don't know his name here.), and I immensely enjoyed it, my utter lack of D&D knowledge aside.

Anyway, I've been playing Pencil & Paper RPGs for a year or so now, and I've been putting one together myself from scratch. Believe it or not, I JUST found out a couple days ago that the d20 system was open-source. XD

I would enjoy trying D&D sometime, but until I go to college in a few months, I won't be able to. The stereotypical "parents-think-D&D-is-satanic" thing. You know.

Anyhoo, I'm glad to be here. H'lo, everyone. :3

Eran of Arcadia
2008-02-21, 09:44 AM
Alright, I'm gonna give this a try. I am all enthusiastic now, having just re-read the archives over the last few days. I appear in several places on the internet (especially CivFanatics Forums) under this name. I will replace this avatar with my usual one later today.

Inigo Montoya
2008-02-21, 10:05 AM
Welcome all new members! PM me if you have any questions.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-21, 04:33 PM
Earl of Purple, try not to double post like that, there is an edit button on the bottom right of your posts where you can delete posts, or make modifications to them.

Legoshrimp
2008-02-21, 09:11 PM
Hello I am legoshrimp and am new here. The reason I am posting is to say hello.

nomenclaturist
2008-02-22, 12:20 AM
Good day to you all. Long time reader, first time poster. I am nomeclaturist, the namer of things! Beware *hides in shadows*

Elrond
2008-02-22, 01:47 AM
Hello to everybody new can i have anybodys soul?

Syraider
2008-02-22, 02:09 AM
this forum is great i am a new xD

Kelros
2008-02-22, 03:24 AM
Hey there! being just generally new, I decided to stop off here before going to the other parts of the forums. See ya out there! BTW, where would I go to find some villain ideas for my campaign? I run an eberron campaign and all that, so Ive got a world and stuff, but I still need a recurring villain to plague my buddies with.

Edwin
2008-02-22, 09:48 AM
hello :smallsmile:

Elrond
2008-02-22, 06:55 PM
Hi richardo its pony

EmeraldRose
2008-02-22, 07:25 PM
*gives Jelly Babies to all the new peoples*

Welcome, welcome all. :smallbiggrin:

Baras
2008-02-23, 04:22 AM
**Clears throat**
Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, I thought I might take a short time to introduce myself...
Oh, who am I kidding, hello, long time reader, just decided I actually had something to contribute to the boards, some of which may not have been said by someone else but more elegantly.

gyspy-eyes
2008-02-23, 06:02 PM
hello id l like to introduce myself, im kat. Yes kat is my name, i love to role play and have done so for a while. I'm new here and will try my best at every thing i try to do.

Thank you,
Kat :smallsmile:

Etheral
2008-02-23, 08:30 PM
Hi all! Im new here! Looking forward to chatting in these forums... :smallsmile:

Mister D
2008-02-23, 11:30 PM
Hi! I've been lurking on the forums for quite a bit, but lately I was curious about how to join an online game, so I tought saying hallo first would be nice... any suggestions?

(sorry for my possibly poor english... it is not my mother tongue)

Inigo Montoya
2008-02-23, 11:45 PM
Welcome all new members! PM me if you have questions.

@ Mister D: Look in the Recruitment area. Here's the link. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)

Mister D
2008-02-24, 12:06 AM
Many thanks! what a mess though!! is posting in the player registry thread going to help?

captain steve
2008-02-24, 01:29 AM
what up people? well I am new here but I have a little role play experience,and hope to do well here. Everyone have a nice day.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-24, 07:49 AM
Hey there! being just generally new, I decided to stop off here before going to the other parts of the forums. See ya out there! BTW, where would I go to find some villain ideas for my campaign? I run an eberron campaign and all that, so Ive got a world and stuff, but I still need a recurring villain to plague my buddies with.

Gaming (D20 and General RPG) for you, my friend.

TRM
2008-02-24, 07:22 PM
Many thanks! what a mess though!! is posting in the player registry thread going to help?
Eh, maybe. My experience has been that it's necessary to check for new games frequently and try and post in the recruitment threads within the first couple of pages. Though I guess most of the games aren't strictly first come first served.
[/faux-helpful rambling]
Anyhoo, welcome to the playground.

Aleana
2008-02-25, 03:07 PM
Heyhey!

I'm Aleana and I'm also Curlys' sister.
So, if you find out that we haave the saem email (I'm sharing hers) please don't think we're the same person.
I'm hoping to have fun here. :smallsmile:

Lord Herman
2008-02-25, 03:24 PM
Welcome, Aleana. Have fun on the boards!

Urban Ninja
2008-02-25, 10:25 PM
Greetings. been on this site for ages following the comics and such, only just got round to making an account

wilkey89
2008-02-25, 11:05 PM
The avitars confuse me...how does one use them? feel free to PM me the instructions, ty :smile:

Coin
2008-02-26, 03:10 AM
Greetings and good-day, I've been reading here for months, but only just now have joined. So... Aye. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2008-02-26, 07:57 AM
Hey there! being just generally new, I decided to stop off here before going to the other parts of the forums. See ya out there! BTW, where would I go to find some villain ideas for my campaign? I run an eberron campaign and all that, so Ive got a world and stuff, but I still need a recurring villain to plague my buddies with.Have a browse through Homebrewing. I believe they've got an index of creations, but I'm not sure whether specific villains are included. You could try doing a search, or if worse comes to worst, you could always just start a thread asking for ideas.

Inigo: Who died and made you the Playground Tourguide? :smallconfused: :smalltongue: If you're gonna be saying that all the time, it'd probably be worth mentioning that they should read the forum rules (at the top of the page).

Regarding avatars (hope you check back here, Wilkey...), for custom ones (you've got a default one, so presumably you've got that under control), here's a guide:

1. Look through the Adoption thread in Arts & Crafts and look at people's Photobucket/gallery whatever if they've got one linked. If you like one, DO NOT POST IN THAT THREAD, but PM the creator.

2. (optional, you may go directly to 3. if you wish) Post a request in the Request an Avatar thread in Arts & Crafts (oots is stickied, but there's an Erfworld one too). If, after posting your request thrice (with 48 hours between each repost) you still have no response, proceed to step 3.

3. PM the avatarist of your choice with your request. I believe there's a list on the first page of the Request thread, or you could pick someone whose work you like from the Adoption thread. Alternatively, keep an eye out for who's done what avatar that's been used, and if there's someone whose name you've seen attached to a few that you've liked, try PMing them. Some avatarists have a note in their signature saying whether they're taking requests. Others (myself included) don't.

Note: It's best to give as much detail as you can when writing a request. It generally makes it much easier to make them, and is more likely to be eye-catching and/or generate inspiration.

4. So You've Got Your Avatar. Copy the URL of your avi (Right-click -> Properties) in the Custom Avatar address bar (User CP -> Edit Options -> down the bottom). Don't forget to tick the "Custom Avatar" box, and don't forget to put in the dimensions (also to be found in Properties). You may like to host your avatar yourself, say in Photobucket, in case your avatarist decides to do a bit of housekeeping. I believe some avatarists require this.

5. The most important step of all: Click "Save Changes".

Also: Greetings and salutations y'all :smallsmile:

nicklegrec
2008-02-26, 09:07 AM
Greetings everybody!
Wow, my first post... strange feeling :smallsmile:

[FLUX]
2008-02-26, 08:40 PM
This message is to say, I figured I'd give this community a try, as I've been lurking for some time now.

Hi, Flux here. I've been reading OOTS and Erf for a long time, and been RPing for about twice that long. Hopefully my tendencies towards extreme braggartry, self-promotion and laid-back sarcasm will be endearing rather than irritating.

I'm looking forward to participating in the community and maybe finding some people in the Illinois area who don't actively look down upon D&D.

Watchdog
2008-02-27, 03:10 PM
Hi, as you can no doubt tell my name is Watchdog. I am kind of new to DnD, only having been playing one campaign. (Which is now on hold due to Real Life. :smallfrown:) Anyway, I have been reading OOTS since the beginning of the Battle For Azure City, and joined shortly thereafter. I hope to get to know some of you better.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-27, 04:21 PM
Welcome new members! PM me if you have a question, and I'll try to help as fast as I can.

gyspy-eyes
2008-02-27, 05:55 PM
ok well im new here im iv rpd on other sites and was wondering if theres certen rules to follow here like every site has rules if so can someone tell me them or show me where to find them thatnk you please pm me :smallsmile:

Shishnarfne
2008-02-27, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the playground:

Rules of Posting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1)
Rules for signatures (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=39)

I think your sig is a bit too big... Also, usually, most regulars here at the playground prefer to use (and have others use) proper capitalization, spelling, and punctuation so far as possible.

(But that's just a preference, welcome to the Playground!)

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-27, 06:59 PM
Try putting the pic in your sig into spoilers, like this.

[spoiler] Your pic here [/spoiler ]

Just take out the space to make it easier for our eyes.

Random Guy
2008-02-27, 09:26 PM
Hi there y'all!!!

I haven't been reading long, but I love the comic.

Kinda surprised that my username hadn't been taken yet, though.

Bitzeralisis
2008-02-27, 11:26 PM
Well, we are D&D freaks. We prefer "Random NPC." :smallwink:

Legoshrimp
2008-02-27, 11:42 PM
lol. Hello to all new people. gyspy-eyes I am pretty sure that is to big for your signature. Here is a link to the signature rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=39)

Lerky
2008-02-27, 11:53 PM
greetings, mortals

Agrippa
2008-02-28, 12:46 AM
Hi I'm Agrippa, formerly known as Duke Malagigi. My mother changed her email address, my original account here lost its automatic login status and I forgot my password. Now I can"t edit my first posts in the Order of Perfection, Protectors of the Cosmos, Geneticist or any other thread I started. Unless that changes in the near future, I'd might as well forget about them entirely. What should I do now?

Maithu
2008-02-28, 12:38 PM
Just wanted to say hello, new to the forms

joshuadunlow
2008-02-28, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone,if there are some people from the Atomic Think tank here you know who i am. If not, "HELLO!" . I am into Mutants & Masterminds the most, but i have books for Artesia: Adventures in the known World, Talislanta 5th edition, Lord of the Rings Roleplaying, and just got the Warhammer 40K main book.

Im 38 years old, and I am looking to maybe to get into some gaming, if there are some from the spokane washington area. Or play-by-post on the boards here.

dissonantmelody
2008-02-28, 05:20 PM
Hi,
I am new to the forum and wanted to see the posting style. I am still fairly new to D&D, I've only been in two long term campaigns but in several one shots just for fun. I am really hoping to talk to some DMs and work on a game setting I have been writing and building while I learn the mechanics of play.
I'm really looking forward to looking around this place.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-28, 08:10 PM
Dissonant, our "style" includes good grammar.
And Lerky, as an Outsider I'm technically not a mortal.

PM me if you have a question.

RyannWolfgang
2008-02-28, 08:18 PM
I have been through quite a few D&D adventures myself. We had a very good GM that would keep us in the same Campaign for ages. When I first heard about OOTS, I was just curious... but then...

I've read all comics... in... 2 days.

And right now I have oficially finished reading every single comic so far... FOR THE SECOND TIME...

There is a special Character... that simply represents me in every world.

Filled with potential but somewhat impish.

:elan:

He is the pure definition of every character I've ever played in D&D.

Goofy, funny, rather dim (to say the least)...

But always sweet and kind. Perhaps he may not see the world in the "regular" way. But he IS happy and whole.

Ignorance is a blessing I guess...

I just remember, here in Brazil, when you turn 18, you must vote in the elections.

Just by the door, when I finished voting, I just went out my cabin and screamed:

"YAY! I'm part of a democratic process!!!"

Ok, in Brazil we speak Portuguese, so everyone just stared at me!

I have so many experiences regarding OOTS in my real life.

I'd love to share them with you! (If you want to hear them, of course)!

Well, this is it!

Btw, Hello all =D

:elan: :elan: :elan:

Phase
2008-02-28, 09:12 PM
Greetings, all those who stand (or rather post) before me. I am Phase, new to posting yet old to these boards, having watched for many an orbit. I was formed when Thea collided with Terra. The gods are mere infants before my vast power, and yet...

I love what goes on here at "Giant in the Playground," and I wish to be a prominent part. I wish my fellow Pixies (for now) very much luck here, and ask that those vetrans to these boards make sure I am not lost.

Or, you know, I could always mess with the tides...

thepsycho
2008-02-29, 01:30 AM
Well I Finlay joined the boards :smallbiggrin: after being a long term reader.

Aeldros
2008-02-29, 10:18 PM
Hello everyone, I just beated my own lazyness and finally became a member of this community. Been following Oots for quite some time now =)

I'm chilean by the way, so if I type something wrong (or there's a grammar mistake) sorry =(

Anyway, greetings and well meet =)

Gramorn Soulaxe
2008-03-01, 12:30 AM
Hola fellow members! I joined here once before but I can;t recall the email
I used.:smallbiggrin: haha

Haruki-kun
2008-03-01, 02:09 AM
Welcome! Welcome one and all! I hope we can make your stay here as pleasant as possible!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-01, 08:59 AM
Greetings, all those who stand (or rather post) before me. I am Phase, new to posting yet old to these boards, having watched for many an orbit. I was formed when Thea collided with Terra. The gods are mere infants before my vast power, and yet...

I love what goes on here at "Giant in the Playground," and I wish to be a prominent part. I wish my fellow Pixies (for now) very much luck here, and ask that those vetrans to these boards make sure I am not lost.

Or, you know, I could always mess with the tides...

. . .
I like you.

PM me with your questions folks, and don't spam.

NotAboutBalance
2008-03-01, 09:06 AM
Hey, guys! Anyone who remembers me, I apologize for not being able to post for a month-ish.:smallfrown: Well, I'm back! I hope all those people I knew are still here, and I should be able to post normally!(Complete misuse of comma.:smallwink:) Yay:smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2008-03-01, 10:37 AM
Welcome new members! And just to show you how it's done...

*stabs*

d'Bwobsling
2008-03-01, 10:39 AM
Welcome new members! And just to show you how it's done...

*stabs*

is it organ harvesting time

*grabs the kidney*

Arganth
2008-03-01, 04:01 PM
Hello!

What else am I supposed to say, again? Whatever. Nice to Meet you all!

Linguini
2008-03-01, 05:57 PM
Hello, the forums!
My name is Linguini, and I'm an alcohol- I mean, I'm new.

greavlis
2008-03-01, 06:53 PM
Well hello and all I've been reading Erfworld for awhile now, decided that it was time to to stop lurking and joining up so I can participate in the discussions:smallbiggrin:

well that's about it:smallamused:

NENAD
2008-03-01, 08:32 PM
Hello, my name is NENAD and I, too, am addicted to posting in welcome threads.

Atheistina
2008-03-01, 10:41 PM
Hi......

I feel awkward >.>

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-01, 11:07 PM
Welcome, everyone! *hugs*

...don't be afraid to ask me questions if you need anything, and above all else, have fun in the Playground!

quiet1mi
2008-03-02, 05:09 AM
hello again

Flickerdart
2008-03-02, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone! Long-time OotS reader here. I've read the entire archives twice, plus the bonus junk.

Anydangways, what to say, what to say. Um...I own a Wii and PSP, and love both to death. My crappy old socket 939 PC needs an upgrade, even old games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. run at 20ish FPS at lowest settings. Gone are the good old days when running Oblivion meant your rig was awesome.

I dabble in graphics design (and hold a designer position at The Wiire, a Wii news website. I daresay we're pretty popular). I'm also an art student, hoping to someday do concept design for video games.

Oh, and I live in Canada. That's important, right? Although it's a bit on the warm side here, since I was born in Russia and have some racial cold resistance. :D

Hope to see you guys around. If I suddenly die, that means my workload's caught up to me, turned around and ran me over again.

Nab
2008-03-02, 02:21 PM
Hello. :smallsmile:

DanielX
2008-03-02, 04:06 PM
foreach $MEMBER in (@PLAYGROUND) {
print "Hello, " $MEMBER, ", nice to meet you!\n";
}

that's pseudo-Perl for "Hi, everyone!" :smallsmile:
I've never actually played DnD before, before here my dungeon experience came from playing (mostly dying) NetHack. Thus, I know which end of a broadsword you're supposed to hold (though my dwarven Valkyries prefer longswords), but give me a d20 and I'll scratch my head wondering what I'm supposed to do with it (throw it at a newt? Use it to engrave Elbereth? Sell it to a shopkeeper to get zorkmids so I can buy a food ration?). I came here on a general search for webcomics, its now one of the 5 or so I regularly read (the others being Girl Genius, xkcd, Gods of Arr-Kelaan, and Dudley's Dungeon).

I also like SimCity/The Sims, Star Trek/Star Wars, Other Sci-fi/Fantasy (Heinlein and Tolkien, mostly), Alternate History, general history/politics (though I argue that enough on other forums, in real life, with my Sims...), computers and programming (CompSci major, actually), long but not too long walks on the beach, and of course, epileptic trees. :smalltongue:

Masion
2008-03-02, 06:21 PM
Hi I'm back again. ^~^

KoboldMight
2008-03-02, 06:42 PM
ya i exist... i like metal, playing bass, and partying... i have issues that pretty much sums me up

EDIT:many issues
RE-EDIT: i don't sleep either

Night-Gobo
2008-03-02, 07:31 PM
Hey i've been reading OOTS for a long time and have just decided to join the forums. I hope to enjoy my visit to thee upmosty

:smallbiggrin:

N-G

Serpentine
2008-03-02, 09:38 PM
epileptic trees. :smalltongue:I don't know what they are, but they sound awesome :smallamused:

Nohwl
2008-03-02, 09:47 PM
Yay for being new! And hi everyone.

Hell Puppi
2008-03-02, 11:35 PM
I don't know what they are, but they sound awesome :smallamused:

TV tropes thing...basically it was an idea from Lost where 'the monster' was explained by epileptic trees.

Silverbolt
2008-03-03, 12:52 AM
*Walks through a mysterious portal, coughs a few times, then proceeds to pat off an unreasonable amount of dust.*

Howdy, I'm finally back after a very long hiatus and a few name/password troubleshooting attempts.

:smallsmile:

Oregano
2008-03-03, 03:16 PM
Hi Everyone, new to the boards and quite a new reader really. Only picked up reading the comic in the summer of '07.

Main interests are Sci-fi/Fantasy Video Games; Favourites include Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Dragonquest, Castlevania, Halo, Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Makai Kingdom(heard good things about Digaea not been able to find out about it though), Legend of Zelda(not a really big fan though) and Super Smash Bros.

I've been playing D&D for 8 years now, started just when 2nd Edition had ended, was planning to play in a 2nd Ed game aswell, too bad.

TheShadow
2008-03-03, 05:00 PM
Ello one and all! *crickets chirping* ..........um.......I forgot my next line.
I love Order of the Stick....especially Belkar, he is so much like the majority of characetrs I have played. Nothing is better then a sadisitc halfling with daggers of doom.

Oh....and let the bad "Gamers" jokes begin with this.....

THE SHADOW? *with alarm and suprize*
The Shadow! *slightly less suprized...with a hint of determination*
The shadow *very serious and determined sounding*

Beardy
2008-03-03, 07:37 PM
Greetings.

I'm a junior in college with about 6 years of experience playing pen and paper RPG's. I started with Deadlands:Hell on Earth Freshman year of high-school, and eventually progressed through a few games of Shadowrun, a game or two with a DM who insisted on playing AD&D (yeah for THAC0), some D&D 3.0, and now D&D 3.5.

This is the first time I've actually contemplated trying a "play by post" game. (Me and a buddy of mine usually take turns GMing a group of 3-4 of our friends, but he transferred to a different school for a semester, making our gaming sessions too infrequent to give me a sufficient RPG fix to get me through the week, and I have too much homework to put my heart into running a good campaign)

I'm a bit curious about the game dynamic in play by post games if anyone care to enlighten me... How long does a game usually run (I would assume they take a bit of time based on frequency of posts), and in your general experience, is it likely that I find a decent game without having to sit through 3 or 4 games that never lift off the ground, or is it best to apply to several games at once in hopes of having one that works out?

I looked through the forum to find an appropriate place to ask these questions, but I think I must have rolled a 1 on my spot check. If this is the wrong place to post this let me know where I need to look and I'll ensure to direct my efforts there.

Edan
2008-03-04, 01:33 AM
Just thought I would drop by and say hello.

Long time lurker, just barley got around to posting and "attempting" to get involved. I have played dnd 3.5 only for about 3 years, limited to mostly core and a few class and mechanic descriptions I can find floating around. Basically, I just like gaming and geek communities, and I must say, there are those here who surpass everything I could have expected. I can only tolerate table top, pen and paper games, so I do not think I will play any of the phb games. I am an avid Mt:G player but have hated it since Mirrodin Block, because of the art update, the billion new mechanics and other reasons. The only deck left of mine is an UG Madness that won a FNM last year (my only Mt:G accomplishment.)

Really all I can say is that I hope to enjoy my time here and to "fit in".

*obligatory Firefly Reference*

FoE
2008-03-04, 02:06 AM
Gimme an 'N'! Gimme an 'O'! Gimme a 'O'! Gimme a 'B'! What does that spell? WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUND! WOOOOOT!

... Now give me your souls. :smallamused:

Mordokai
2008-03-04, 02:19 AM
Oh really, now you're just being mean :smalltongue: At least let them breath some Playground air before stealing there souls :smallbiggrin: Oh and thanks for great narration, I loved it :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to the Playgraound all you new guys and girls. Especially girls :smallamused: Enjoy your stay and don't let FoE scare you. Too much.

Hoplite
2008-03-04, 01:27 PM
Hi, long time I have spied on these boards. First time to make an account.

Yiuel
2008-03-05, 12:39 AM
Well hi!

As σχινοκεφαλος right before me (schinokephalos, I'd guess stoneskin, if I read my Greek correctly), I was lurking for a while, I've been reading OotS for years now, and it's always a pleasure in my life. So I just decided to join :)

So... Hi everyone, and hope I won't bother you much :)

(And I made my avatar myself, quite proud of it :smalltongue: )

Corrupted One
2008-03-05, 12:52 AM
Long have I read and spied these boards. Long have I procrastinated in making an account. It is a pleasure to finally be here. The Corruption has finally reached this board.:smallamused: :smallamused:

Oh, and long live the Giant!

Hoplite
2008-03-05, 01:24 AM
Actually it is σχινοκεφαλος as in Onion-head.:smallsmile:

Yiuel
2008-03-05, 01:47 AM
Actually it is σχινοκεφαλος as in Onion-head.:smallsmile:

Weirder, yet funnier :)

I mixed my Greek. Kephalos = head, Schino- = onion? Interesting :P

Zeb The Troll
2008-03-05, 02:18 AM
σχινοκεφαλος,

You're gonna have fun here. People with much more reasonable names have trouble with people spelling it right, you have to go and use a whole different alphabet. :smallamused:

Whattaya want people to call you when they're responding to you? And why didn't you just go with Onionhead instead of using cryptic writings?

Hoplite
2008-03-05, 08:56 AM
σχινοκεφαλος,

You're gonna have fun here. People with much more reasonable names have trouble with people spelling it right, you have to go and use a whole different alphabet. :smallamused:

Whattaya want people to call you when they're responding to you? And why didn't you just go with Onionhead instead of using cryptic writings?

It is the nickname of the great Athenean General Pericles. I don't know. Onion head sound a bit negatively, don't you think?

Serpentine
2008-03-05, 09:08 AM
Heh, I was confused for a moment there... In the main forum index, the last two letters of your name are ampersand and hash.

Keraptis
2008-03-05, 03:08 PM
Wow! This place looks even better than in the brochures!

<whistle appreciatively>

Hello ALL!

A Rainy Knight
2008-03-05, 08:18 PM
Hey, welcome, read the rules, have some cake, mind the step, and make yourself at home. Always good to meet some new people! :smallsmile:

Yiuel
2008-03-05, 09:33 PM
Hey, welcome, read the rules, have some cake, mind the step, and make yourself at home. Always good to meet some new people! :smallsmile:

I've been initiated elsewhere to the tradition of offering pickles and tea to newcomers, but the cake sounds (and probably seems) more tasty.

I think it'll be great here.

Serpentine
2008-03-06, 12:44 AM
Knight forgot one important detail: Beware the pie.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-06, 12:55 AM
Wow! This place looks even better than in the brochures! ...

We have brochures? :smallconfused:

I wish I had one. :smalltongue:

Silverbolt
2008-03-06, 01:45 AM
... Now give me your souls. :smallamused:

I can't, My soul is being used as collateral for a loan I took out on the cost of having My soul in storage for a number of years.

Jammeez
2008-03-06, 11:03 AM
...the last two letters of your name are Ampersand and Hash.

New outrageous comedy team? New crime investigation show? New Ice Dancing sensation? :smallconfused:

Hi. I'm new. Can anyone suggest an avatar that's wearing PJs? :smallredface:

Lord Herman
2008-03-06, 11:24 AM
Hi. I'm new. Can anyone suggest an avatar that's wearing PJs? :smallredface:

Welcome! You can go over to the Arts & Crafts section of the forum, and post a request in the avatar request thread.

Giantdwarf
2008-03-06, 12:08 PM
Hello to all of you, i've been reading the comic for a long time and finally found out about the forum. So here i am!
cool i just found out there is a belkar smilie:belkar: he's my favourite OOTS character.

Well i'm off to dinner,

bye

p.s Extra greetings to all Forum members from the Netherlands

Serpentine
2008-03-06, 07:25 PM
New outrageous comedy team? New crime investigation show? New Ice Dancing sensation? :smallconfused:On-toast recipe? Theatre group? Legal company?
Also, good start in the Playground :smallamused: And yeah, Arts and/or Crafts is where you want to look. I haven't seen any in the Adoption thread, but it's probably worth looking there to get an idea of the artists and maybe find one that could be tweaked into what you're looking for.

Jammeez
2008-03-06, 08:59 PM
And now! Exclusively on the Playground stage! They'll juggle
ANYTHING...PLEASE GIVE A ROUSING WELCOME TO
AMPERSAND AND HASH!!

(the crowd goes wild) ----> :elan: :smalltongue: :thog: :biggrin: :tongue: :smallbiggrin: :belkar: :smallyuk: :xykon::smallredface: :sabine:

:mitd: "Uh, guys? Where's the show? Did I miss it?? It's really dark over here. I hear music..."

tarkisflux
2008-03-06, 09:24 PM
Good evening playground. Nice to meet you all!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-07, 06:32 PM
Welcome new members. PM me if you have a question.

@V Err. . . what did I get?

Serpentine
2008-03-07, 09:53 PM
Jammeez: :biggrin: Just for that, if you're willing to wait a while and like my work, you get One Free Avatar (PM me with your request if you'll take it).

Shas: OMG you got et! :smalleek:

DaGip
2008-03-07, 11:00 PM
Hello! I was told to post here, so here I am! I am interested in playing D&D! Hope that I can get started! Not quite sure what to do, I am quite the n00b around this place.

peace

Xanthe
2008-03-08, 02:35 AM
Well, im new im Xanthe.

And i hope ill have lots of fun.
Woot, woot.

Child Conscript
2008-03-08, 03:20 AM
Hello, I am new (or i probably wouldn't be posting this now) and greet you all *bows but hits head on desk*

SiukiSwordsman
2008-03-08, 03:38 AM
Hello.... Welcome!:smallwink:

Zar Peter
2008-03-08, 07:58 AM
Hello to all newcomers, welcome to this great forum. Have fun, lurk around, play Dnd or Silly games or do something you are feeling to do, just obey the rules!

And if you have questions feel free to PM. The community here is very friendly.

Kronos_LostSoul
2008-03-08, 08:05 AM
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you!! :wink:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-08, 08:44 AM
Also, I just felt like reminding everybody, grammar is used here, not like at other places.

English language - let's not kill it!

Pyro
2008-03-08, 10:12 PM
I have one thing to say:

Welcome everyone!!

Also the bathroom is to the left.

DarkShard
2008-03-09, 01:23 AM
Hi, I'm DarkShard. I am a DM for my school's D&D club, have made 3 artifacts,(which have yet to appear on this forum) and have 3 OotS books. *Takes a bow* And please call me Shard.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 05:59 AM
Welcome people!

*hugs new members*

Yay new wallets!:smallbiggrin:

rman
2008-03-09, 02:49 PM
Hello, long time reader, first time poster.

Just could not stay quiet. More a reader of stories these days than an active gamer.

Alki_Keister
2008-03-09, 03:01 PM
New member joining.
Looking for a PbP chat game.
Anyone looking for a semi-civilised player ?

SANTlAGO
2008-03-09, 08:18 PM
Hello, world. I'm new to the forums, though I've been reading OotS for about a year. Finally got around to joining. Just thought I'd say hi.

Bhu
2008-03-10, 12:00 AM
Greetings kind humanoid entities! As the Wizards forums may or may not be around for a while and I still have 3.5 projects I'd like feedback on. So 'tis time for me to look about for a new home. God willing I'll have some funny critters and naked mindflayer women to post in the Homebrew thread soon.

Okay I'm kidding about the naked Mindflayer women.

Unless you guys are into that sort of thing :smalleek:

You aren't are you?

Ah hell with it as long as you like cats I'm okay.

Serpentine
2008-03-10, 02:31 AM
Por vous (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73705) :smallamused:

Mordokai
2008-03-10, 03:52 AM
Welcome people!

*hugs new members*

Yay new wallets!:smallbiggrin:

I wish I waa new too, so I'd get a hug from you.

*checks for his wallet*

Damn it Rogue, I thought we had a deal! Three wallets a week are a max :smallannoyed:

Welcome to the new guys and gals. Have a nice time while you're staying here.

Bhu
2008-03-10, 03:55 AM
Por vous (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73705) :smallamused:

Think I'm gonna like it here. :)

(insert evil mad scientist laughter here).

Salivan
2008-03-10, 04:24 AM
Hi, brave warriors (males & females) of the Playground.
I droped by to say hi to all the mates who love fantasy..

I believe my quest to greet has now ended in success..
:smallbiggrin:

Shnook
2008-03-10, 04:48 AM
Hello there

I am the Shnook

Proud inhabitant of Wellington, New Zealand

Y'all should be my friends.

Ok?

Ok.

One Of Hax
2008-03-10, 08:34 AM
Friend showed me this awesome comic, browsed a few on the forums, and registered, so hi.

Raeden
2008-03-10, 05:26 PM
Hi! I'm not really new, but I figured my first post in friendly banter should go here. So, here it is. Bye!

xyzzy
2008-03-10, 08:16 PM
Hi! I'm Xyzzy! I've been reading OOTS for several months now, and have been playing D&D slightly longer. Right now I'm trying to work out a modified magic/weapon system that I'd be using in a campaign I eventually want to DM - essentially, two worlds - one a traditional magical world, and the other a steampunk-esque world that's on the verge of inventing nuclear technology - suddenly become aware of each other and decide the proper response is a good old war, so I'm basically designing a system in which magic and bullets are basically equal and power, while still using different methods.

...But I'm getting ahead of myself. >.> Hi!

Kilarny
2008-03-11, 08:50 AM
Traditional greetings to all, especially to The Artist. :smalltongue:

Skippy
2008-03-11, 09:37 AM
Welcome all!!!

Please leave the sanity at the door, you won't need it here. Be careful of pie, and white text. Make sure you get your custom avatar ASAP here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589) and make sure you check the Silly Message Board Games! We need fresh meat more people interested in our games!
If you read this you have lost The Game
So welcome and have fun!!

gm_rand
2008-03-12, 12:10 PM
Hello!

First off I love the OOTS and many thanks to Rich for all the laughs he's supplied.

I hope to get some good input on the forums to help run a better game for my players.

Salivan
2008-03-12, 12:31 PM
It's almost painful to wait for a new OOTS episode ..(!)
Time goes soooooo sloww........
:smallfrown:

Mitxel
2008-03-12, 04:50 PM
Hi there.
I have been playing DnD for almost 5 years and have been reading OOTS for about a month or so.
That's about it then.

Vavaara
2008-03-12, 06:25 PM
Welcome, new users! Feel free to leave your sanity with the Doorman.

JinCheese
2008-03-12, 09:29 PM
Hey, im new to forums but an old DnD fan...ok then... hello!

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-12, 10:02 PM
Fresh blood! Guten Tag and vindaloo to you all, I will now take your sanity

Salivan
2008-03-13, 07:56 AM
Umm, sorry to bother you ,but this is a problem that affects me much..
I' m talking about the death of the 3.5 edition of Dungeons & Dragons..
And its replacement from 4th... :smallfrown:

Vouru
2008-03-13, 01:36 PM
I'm dropping by to say hello which seems like the appropriate thing for new members to do... So hello. :smallcool:

Blue Thunder
2008-03-13, 07:37 PM
Hello. I can't think of a blander way to introduce myself. Wait, I think I got it. How about a plain, old 'Hi'? That's pretty bland, wouldn't you say?

Anyways, enough of my blandicity (take that, Webster's! You've got a new word to deal with now!). Just popping in to do that whole introduction thing that we new folks are supposed to do.

JSchunx
2008-03-14, 12:53 AM
Howdy Everyone! I've read the comic for quite awhile, I've wandered the forums, so I decided, "What the heck, why not join this wonderful, possibly insane bunch of dedicated fans!" :smallbiggrin:

So in short: Here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Sixscimitars
2008-03-14, 01:00 AM
Greetings, 26 thousand forumites! I have yet to start a thread, and I should have said this earlier, as I actually joined a few weeks ago, but who cares? Woohoo! Finally, I start posting, after 161 comics and knowledge of many people here! Thank you forum! Without you, I'd never have heard of TV Tropes, either!

Olligarchy
2008-03-14, 07:16 AM
Greetings to all you fellow forumites. :smallsmile: Been reading OOTS for a while now and thought it was time to join up.

Elrond
2008-03-14, 07:56 PM
Sarah its me rory

And welcome new members can i have your souls?

MilkMoustache.
2008-03-14, 07:59 PM
Sarah its me rory

YAY!
it's you!
XD

Elrond
2008-03-14, 08:00 PM
Hi sarah:smallsmile: :smallbiggrin:

MilkMoustache.
2008-03-14, 08:08 PM
damn you.
i want a cool lookin picture.
how'd you get one?
yay only 50 minutes to go!

Nam :biggrin: LOLOLOLLLIES.

x

Elrond
2008-03-14, 08:18 PM
you go to edit options on your control panel and some where down the bottom of the page is your avatar part u click on the order of the stick circle adn then there is a list of avatar's Th giant has made and then choose one and then click ok or save changes or something like that

MilkMoustache.
2008-03-14, 08:37 PM
yay
its cute.
is there anither one...?
a pixie LOLOLOL

darn g2g

byeeee. x

Elrond
2008-03-14, 08:39 PM
I'll check for you

EmeraldRose
2008-03-14, 09:05 PM
*welcomes the new pictsies*

Go get ta postin' :smallbiggrin:

Voidguard
2008-03-14, 10:06 PM
Hello Everyone!
I am Voidguard, and I am here to look around, join a few RP's and have a good time. I have played D&D for about 4 years now, and have DM'd for about 2.
Hope my english is ok, I am actually NOT from the United States. Yeah, wasn't born in the U.S.A.
Like I said, just here to have fun and help out any way I can.

Nevar K'calb
2008-03-15, 01:32 AM
Long time OOTS reader, and finally got around to Registering with the Forums. Thought I'd say hello, and also express my respect for those who can use a program like Adobe PhotoShop. I tried making a custom Avatar in there, and I had circles and shapes I couldn't erase, and lines going in every direction. Perhaps I'm merely simple-minded, but I said expletive this and made a cruddy one in Paint. I have a lot more respect for The Giant now. :smallbiggrin:

Hell Puppi
2008-03-15, 01:39 AM
We all do, brother...we all do...

Salivan
2008-03-15, 03:56 AM
:eek: :vaarsuvius: :vaarsuvius: :vaarsuvius: :elan: :xykon: :roach: :roy: :miko: :mitd:

nothing

Palin11
2008-03-15, 08:51 PM
Hello!
I've been reading Oots for a while now and thought I'd join in the fun!
So yeah, hi.

Pyre_Born
2008-03-15, 09:02 PM
Hey Everyone.

I've been playing dnd for about 14 years now, most of my life, started at 6 actually.

Well, here's my hi!!!

Peace,
Pyre

Edit: Actually, seems like I've had my account for a while...oops!

Teutonic Knight
2008-03-15, 09:33 PM
Test for my avatar.

hellonhairylegs
2008-03-15, 10:34 PM
So hi y'all.

Aussie D&Der who just stumbled across OOTS. I'll be lurking until I feel comfortable with the conventions of the forum.

MilkMoustache.
2008-03-16, 04:23 AM
are you there?

o_0

MilkMoustache.
2008-03-16, 04:26 AM
are you there?

o_0

Elrond
2008-03-16, 04:53 AM
what sarah

Branco turns around
Clunny::tongue:

MilkMoustache.
2008-03-16, 07:07 PM
woot woot.

MilkMoustache.
2008-03-16, 07:09 PM
woot woot.

Elrond
2008-03-17, 02:27 AM
Sarah stop double posting

theres a song about you its
Sarah- ((by)) john butler trio

Thats a good song i'm listening to it now

MilkMoustache.
2008-03-17, 02:39 AM
hahaha.
your a funny one, honey bunch.

x

Serpentine
2008-03-17, 03:50 AM
Thought I'd say hello, and also express my respect for those who can use a program like Adobe PhotoShop. I tried making a custom Avatar in there, and I had circles and shapes I couldn't erase, and lines going in every direction. Perhaps I'm merely simple-minded, but I said expletive this and made a cruddy one in Paint. I have a lot more respect for The Giant now. :smallbiggrin:Adobe Illustrator's a lot easier... Photoshop's best just for touch-ups, and I don't generally do even that.

TRM
2008-03-17, 08:19 PM
So hi y'all.

Aussie D&Der who just stumbled across OOTS. I'll be lurking until I feel comfortable with the conventions of the forum.
Welcome, welcome and all that.:smallsmile:

Trace Stratus
2008-03-17, 10:49 PM
Hi all, I've been reading Gitp for a while now but have just recently decided to join the forum. My eye caught sight of the post-and-play section and found it very interesting. I hope to be an active member of the site. ^^

Char Sandrock
2008-03-17, 11:06 PM
a cloaked figure in a brown cloak steps out into the light and lifts back his hood, you see what appears to be a male human, he has a few burn scars on his face, and brown hair. His eyes are serious yet are very mischievous.

Greetings, I'm Char Sandrock, a servant of Kossuth. I've been reading this webcomic for a long time and finally decided to join the forums after being invited to join an AD&D game and being directed to a post in the forums by google.

Gazareth
2008-03-18, 07:00 AM
Hi all, I used to read OOTS a while back, then life got in the way. First time I've come to the forums though, so don't eat me.

Iachros
2008-03-18, 10:28 AM
Greetings and salutations, all! Long time OOTS reader and DnD player here. Just discovered the forums and didn't want to lurk too long!

Cheers!

Sarcastro
2008-03-18, 01:49 PM
Hi, I'm a long-time OoTS reader, despite the fact that until recently I was never really interested in non-computer RPGs. Lately, however, I've tried playing on another forum and have been enjoying myself, and what better place than here to learn more? :smalltongue:

Inigo Montoya
2008-03-18, 02:59 PM
Welcome all newcomers! PM me if you have any questions.

Malacandra
2008-03-18, 03:30 PM
Inigo, m'man, is that you off the Dope? :smallcool:

Roland St. Jude
2008-03-18, 11:23 PM
Welcome shiny new GitPers!

dps
2008-03-18, 11:26 PM
Hi. I just found the webcomic and like it, so I thought I'd register. Don't know how much I'll post, but I'll probably at least lurk a fair bit.

TRM
2008-03-19, 07:22 PM
...and what better place than here to learn more? :smalltongue:
Indeed. What better place?:smallamused:

sidenote: peoples with questions can PM me if they like.

demos666
2008-03-19, 08:54 PM
hey everyone sup?

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-20, 02:12 PM
Welcome to all New Playgrounders<----is bored at College

Caedus
2008-03-20, 06:02 PM
Hello everybody! :smallbiggrin:

May the Force be with you all. :smallwink:

Phase
2008-03-20, 09:45 PM
Welcome new members!

Though I MAY not be the best to say...

*Hint* Joined less than a month ago... *Hint*

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-21, 07:58 AM
Yay new wallets!!!

*steals and flees*

Pandabear
2008-03-21, 08:22 AM
Hi folks,

Been reading OOTS for a long while, saw the forums, regularly read your comments because of the little details I missed or the often entertaining dialogue about OOTS or DnD in general..

Ah well, nice meeting you folks!

Regards,
Pandabear

Snarf
2008-03-21, 01:51 PM
Hi, all!

Been hooked on the Stick for a while, and on D&D even longer. So, I finally decided to step up and subscribe.

Twin1
2008-03-21, 05:30 PM
Hello all. I've been reading OOTS for a bit and felt like seeing how the forums are.

TFT
2008-03-22, 05:08 AM
Hey all, I have actually had this account for a couple months but never got around to posting.

(p.s. If I can get some help for an avatar that would be helpful)

HuntedWalrus
2008-03-22, 12:22 PM
Greetings, all.

Griever
2008-03-22, 01:24 PM
Greetings and well met everyone!

Desgardius
2008-03-22, 07:59 PM
Hey yall, thought I'd try this out, so here I am.

FireFox
2008-03-22, 08:06 PM
by which you mean I forced you of course. :smallwink:

Raedwald
2008-03-23, 03:43 AM
Seems a nice place..... :)

Greetings from a place called England!

(unfortunately, from a flat bit with no decent rock under it, mind, but you can't win 'em all......)

:durkon:

Niesra
2008-03-23, 09:03 AM
hi! i'm new here. i've been a fan of oots for quiet some time now. I just recently though of joining the forums and finally decided to do it so here i am.

greeting from Perú
Niesra

SniperWolf
2008-03-23, 01:14 PM
I was told by a booming voice above to say hello here unless I release the wrath of the gods, so hello. (ok now please don't hurt me gods)

idalia
2008-03-23, 03:45 PM
Hello. I am new, yes. and so this is where I was sent to say hello as I have just done. recently fell in love with oots only because my DnD group kept making references that I couldn't follow. But now I am a proud member of Team Cleric. GO Team Cleric!

Pope Bravo
2008-03-23, 05:11 PM
Well, i seriously doubt that anyone will ever read this post, but here i am.

My name is Elias, I'm from Rio de Janeiro, the most beatiful city in Brazil. I'm sorry my English is not that good, but it's "readable" =P.

And yes, I'm a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys (even though i've never been to Dallas).

Canaan Beth
2008-03-24, 03:49 AM
In a dark corner of the Circular Inn, you find a mysterious stranger sipping a drink while gazing at you intently from under his hood. A nametag is pinned to his cloak that reads "Hi, my name is Canaan Beth".
As you approach him, his gaze does not falter.
Actually... it looks like he's checking out the barmaid.

...nevermind.

Artificer
2008-03-24, 05:14 AM
Hey All. I used to have a semi-active account here, but after nearly a year of inactivity due to school and non-gamingness, I forgot what my account name was :smalleek: So I just made a new one.