PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Mordokai
2008-03-24, 05:37 AM
On behalf of the community, I bid hello to each and every pixie :smallbiggrin: Enjoy your stay, be nice to others and they will be nice to you in return. Also, steer clear of Face of Evil, less you loss your soul and many of your internal organs :smallwink:

_Ecthelion_
2008-03-24, 11:21 AM
Been meaning to join for a while now - I know a couple of people on here, and it goes without saying that I follow the comic... Too late, I said it.

Incidentally; Hello!

LordFury
2008-03-24, 02:10 PM
Hi there Oots forums- i have procrastinated this forever but now my one of my friends persuade me to make my own account . So this is hi, and i hope this will be a pleasant experience :smallredface:

Sensate
2008-03-24, 06:33 PM
Ah, the introduction. I couldn't really say I love doing these -- for some peculiar reason I always feel a bit intimidated. It'll wear off as I type this I guess.

So um, greetings, I'm Sensate. I've known about this website/forum for a while yet my mind has held off all efforts of actually joining until now. By the look of it, this is quite a nice place, possibly the one where I could spend the rest of my virtual life at. All I know about roleplaying and D&D comes from playing Black Isle's computer RPGs so I'll have to work on that area (any suggestions?). I love the comic books and the stories on the main page, I could certainly get comfortable with reading that frequently. Another thing that immediately caught my attention were these OOTS patterned avatars, I can't wait to get/make a custom one. What I hope to find here is casual, relaxing forum fun at it's best and I'll try hard to become a regular here (I have a good feeling about this).

On a side note: As I've already asked, what do I need to know or read in order to get involved in RP campaigns here - is just reading the basic rules provided in the introductory post of each thread sufficient?

Funcokler Xerow
2008-03-24, 08:29 PM
Just saying hi. I'll go back to lurking.

Crimmy
2008-03-25, 12:24 AM
Welcome everyone.
I suggest you all the Arts and Crafts section, where you can ask for your own costomized avatar, maybe if you're a good avatarist, enter avatarist contests, and even if you're not really good, you can show off your works.

If you like playing and roleplaying, I suggest the Silly Message Board Games.

Player_Zero
2008-03-25, 03:37 AM
Obligatory statement of greeting!

Mark this day, for before you stands the man who will become the pirate king!

Serpentine
2008-03-25, 09:06 AM
I recommend looking in the Adoption Centre in Arts and Crafts before you request something - there might be just what you're looking for already made, and it'll give you an idea of the style of a lot of practicing avatarists.

Zar Peter
2008-03-25, 09:43 AM
Obligatory statement of greeting!

Mark this day, for before you stands the man who will become the pirate king!

You are the heir of El Jaspero? Big boots!
Anyway, welcome here and good luck in your mission :smallsmile:

NemoJBatkastle
2008-03-25, 05:49 PM
Hello all, and an ironic statement indicating intent of greeting to all of you too.
Looking forward to getting started on this wonderful site.

Kd7sov
2008-03-25, 07:56 PM
O brave new world, that hath such forums in it!

(Or some such.)

Hello, forumites.

Also:
This is a test, to see if I understand the tags system and have the spoiler tag correct.

Inigo Montoya
2008-03-25, 09:41 PM
Hello newcomers! PM me if you need any help.

Fii
2008-03-26, 02:25 AM
Before I allow the pixie within me to regain full command of my typing fingers, I must tell you- she's as a child. She is a 5 inch tall, adult pixie rogue (I'm developing my own pixie culture.. I'm actually quite far along in it..ask if you'd like to hear any of it.. =D!), who, by way of many many feats, and a very kind DM, has acquired not only a chaotic, winged, panda familiar, but also has become chosen of said DM's homebrew God of rogues, luck, the night, etc. She is my DnD character, but she seems to be more real than any character should be, so I ask your forgiveness beforehand..for all the trouble..well, you'll see.

..Fii,let go of my brain..
But.. Brittie..
Fii!.. baddd.. pixie!..

Well that was harder than normal.. Brittie resistant to FII?! I mean, she was hiding perfectly good strawberries all this time.. oh well. Ooh.. is this thing on? Shiny thingy!! Hiiiiiii shiny thing! Me Fii.. I mean.. this is your conscience speaking!! And whatda ya mean "Pixies of the playground" are inferimirityior?!

We pixies are QUITE more betterer thank you! For example, you can't see me!
:smallbiggrin: Unless..you can see invisibiliy..or something.. you know Alaric DID say.. oh right. Friends.

Fii needs friends.. maybe you saw my flyers?! I mean.. I new here and all but like.. last time I saw I was on some gnomish contraption submarine thingy going up river to stop an evil guy from doing evil things.. and- oh yeah, I captain Fii, CAPTAIN FII! Did I mention that? Anyway.. I been putting up flyers.. but I guess no one can see me I hide so good. (ahem.. 37 dex, greater invisibility at will, and she's only lvl 9 right now. She's my first EVER DnD character, and I'm still learning the mechanics.. she's not wise..7...and her strength is.. 2....) Well.. Fii want you to be friend of Fii. Fii heard Brittie read OOTS.. and Brittie find it funny, but me BETTER rogue than Haley! Me.. me.. I has Dwagon brother! (Ericks, my kind DM's homebrew God of rogues/tricks/luck etc? He agreed to come down and say the two are brother and sister.. Fii is of course the big sister of the baby copper dragon.. it's.. a real hoot.) I. I.. I Fii! (Spotlight seeker, isn't she? :P ) Oh come on, come be Fii friend, we can go get LOTS of LOOTSIES!!! =D.

..arg.. FII!!!
Ah, finally, I've wrestled control again..
She's a really fun character to play, and if you knew me in real life, she's my inner child and I revert to her in any dull moment. I figured, since I named my account Fii, that she should get the bulk of my first ever post (not making a shout out.. just explaining why I brought Fii up, and also my name.) She being who she is.. no doubtedly abused the privledge. Anyway, it is my great pleasure to be among you all. I've been an avid fan of the OOTS since my fiance and DM (I didn't get those things because of that though, I mean he DID let a friend play a DRAGON.. and another plays a Gythazerai? anyway..) introduced me to it. =) Well met, well met.

Felixaar
2008-03-26, 04:02 AM
Well, you confused me a little, but WELCOME(!!!) *gives welcome hug*.

...As much as I want to, I just cant start the organ harvesting. I leave it up to our more evil playgrounders (I'm lookin' at you, Face of Evil).

*gives another welcome hug*

meaningless
2008-03-26, 05:39 AM
Hey Awl I'm Shasha From Dubai ... 27 year old divorced "N" Searching for Some one ...( That's PErsnol...)

Today is my 1st day so...Give me A big hand plsss...:P

Anyway's Keep in touch with me i hope i will Spend ma best time ova here...:)

Regards...!
bahbye...!

DarthTelson
2008-03-26, 07:55 AM
Hello, I'm just joining up to play games with some friends, thought I'd say hi since I'm signed up now. Is there a way I can upload an image that I made directly from my computer? Because it's not posted anywhere on line so doesn't have a URL, so I can't figure out how to make it my custom avatar. Thanks.

RTGoodman
2008-03-26, 07:57 AM
Is there a way I can upload an image that I made directly from my computer? Because it's not posted anywhere on line so doesn't have a URL, so I can't figure out how to make it my custom avatar. Thanks.

Hi, and welcome!

Try out this site (http://www.photobucket.com). You've got to create an account, but once you do that you can upload any image from your computer to it and be able to use it. It's the site I and a lot of others use for avatars and uploading images in general, though there are other sites if you don't like Photobucket.

DarthTelson
2008-03-26, 08:14 AM
Thank you, rtg0922. Hope this works. (crossing fingers). FYI: For those of you not in the biological sciences, a telson is the scientific word for a scorpion's stinger.

Sammich
2008-03-26, 09:53 AM
...hey there.

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now (on other accounts). I've decided to try posting more often, hence I made this one.

Daegan
2008-03-26, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here, been a fan of OOTS and the the Giant's work in general for some time, finally felt the urge to register and maybe even post a bit.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-26, 03:29 PM
Hello to all new members! Have fun here! I don't have alignment problems, don't worry. . .

*eats soul of next poster*

Spaggo
2008-03-26, 04:47 PM
Hey everybody,

Ok first off, I love roleplaying games. I've dabbled in tabletop years ago but now I play mostly mmorpgs. Yes yes I know they aren't the same but its fun to a point. But lately I've had the urge to get back to the tabletop play. My brother who is very into TTRP has played alot and DM'ed alot too. He even created his own game.

I myself am basicly new to table top and haven't played by the D&D rules. but I have talked my brother into Dm'ing a game for me and my wife and another friend.

What i want to do is play online so I can play more often. and this site looks like a great place to start. so If there is anyone who is willing to let me in on a game. perferably typical fantasy (elves, dwarves, etc...) I would greatly appreciate it.

Yes I am a "noob" at this but everyones got to start some time and somewhere. So if anyone is willing to let me in on a game and help me learn the rope i would really appreciate it.

thanks guys.

Spaggo

JacquesCousteau
2008-03-26, 09:28 PM
Hey all, just thought I'd post a quick hello. Seems like a join a forum every year. I think OOTS is good stuff and I'm a pretty big fan of RPGs, so I think we'll get along.

zard
2008-03-27, 12:36 AM
Salutations

meaningless
2008-03-27, 02:09 AM
hiya All...!

is there Any body who know's jiraiya ...? his nick was jorgi10789 he was a user of this forum 6 or 7 month ago ...

If any body knows abt him plsss Send me Private messge ...:)

Thx in Advance...:)

kravlegaard
2008-03-27, 05:07 AM
Hello!!!
Finaly I have become a member of this forum, despite I have been a big fan of Order of the Stick for a number of years.
I'm from the tiny country of Denmark and that is why my english may not be perfect:smallwink:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-27, 04:13 PM
I'm from the tiny country of Denmark and that is why my english may not be perfect:smallwink:

That's fine. Just capitlize where due, and use commas and full stops where needed and you're set. We're generally a pretty nice group.

PM me if you have questions, by the way.

Elrond
2008-03-28, 12:42 AM
HI TO EVERYONE NEW IN THE PLAYGROUND

Ragnarocker
2008-03-28, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, girls and everyone in between.

Just thought I'd say Hi as I'm new.

Look forward to interacting with you lot.

Earl of Purple
2008-03-28, 12:56 PM
hi people will anybody please tell me how to put up one of my own avatars for this please? I drew it in Paint!:belkar: is my faveorite...He's so Chaotic Evil! (kill the rest of the party, :belkar:

Rogue/Warmage
2008-03-28, 06:38 PM
Hi Everybody!

New member here! :mitd:

I really like OoTS, so imagine my delight when I recently discovered there was a link titled 'forum' along the side! Cool! Now I can discuss all things OoTS!
(mwa-hahahaa)

My favorite character is :haley: (who else?)

~ Marcado (aka Rogue/Warmage)

xPANCAKEx
2008-03-28, 08:30 PM
howdy

vote for cake based tastyness in 2008

Proteus
2008-03-28, 09:15 PM
Hey. I'm "new", but have been reading the comic for ages. Just never looked into the forums until yesterday, when I got bored and looked about. Anyway, this will be a pleasant distraction.

valberto
2008-03-28, 09:56 PM
Hi there.
Valberto, from Brazil here.
Hope see all of you soon.

keilyn
2008-03-28, 11:24 PM
*Sneaks in* Meep....ahem. Hi. Testing 1, 2, 3. Etc. Just for future reference, any typos in my posts are the result of my self-learned, too-fast chicken-peck typing style and a crappy laptop keyboard. Do not presume to blame it on my lack of education, or you all will suffer!!

That is all.

Awken
2008-03-28, 11:56 PM
hey, i finally got off my rear and registered. :smallbiggrin: i've been a huge fan of oots for about a year now, and this seems like a cool forum, so yeah...here i am. i just started getting into dnd, but i've been playing warhammer for a while now.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-29, 07:09 AM
Again, welcome. If you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to ask somebody, or PM me.

And Earl, head down to the Arts and Crafts section for that.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-29, 07:26 AM
*hugs*...welcome, everyone! I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

...and if you need anything, just ask. :smallsmile:

EmeraldRose
2008-03-29, 12:56 PM
*says hello and welcomes those who are new*

Make sure you watch out for the Cobra, he hugs. :smallwink:

forestthegreat
2008-03-29, 06:51 PM
Hi, I'm new.
Yes, I have read all of the OotS comics, and I love them. :D
No, I don't play DnD (or any other RPG's).
Sorry if I interrupted anything..
Bye.

FireFox
2008-03-29, 06:54 PM
Hi all, how's it going?

Myshlaevsky
2008-03-29, 11:57 PM
Hey.

Just joined up, after taking an interest in these forums a few days ago. Think the OotS and Erfworld are great.

Mainly posting to see what my avatar looks like, really.

InnerLight
2008-03-30, 12:27 AM
Hey there, new to the site and just wanted to say hi.

dcjr
2008-03-30, 01:14 AM
Hjalmar sits over a bowl of rothe stew licking his chops looking out of his one good eye. Bunch a pastied face hole diggers. Filling his mouth he chomps noisily, his waraxe draped across his knees Why by Moradins hairy pair I'll have ye oop en dem caves gettin et dragons treasure. Lifts a mug of ale and downs it letting the now empty mug down with a solid thud and burp

Greetings RPG'ers. Just stopped in for a how do and a hello. Been playing Alfa for a few years now and a long time DnD player. Knowing Shady, this ought to be a good time. So I look forward to your posts. See you IC.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-30, 07:10 AM
Hjalmar sits over a bowl of rothe stew licking his chops looking out of his one good eye. Bunch a pastied face hole diggers. Filling his mouth he chomps noisily, his waraxe draped across his knees Why by Moradins hairy pair I'll have ye oop en dem caves gettin et dragons treasure. Lifts a mug of ale and downs it letting the now empty mug down with a solid thud and burp

Greetings RPG'ers. Just stopped in for a how do and a hello. Been playing Alfa for a few years now and a long time DnD player. Knowing Shady, this ought to be a good time. So I look forward to your posts. See you IC.

I get the impression that's not an elf. You have five posts to recognize that elves are the greatest species ever, or you'll suffer the consequences. :smallmad: :smalltongue:

FireFox
2008-03-30, 09:31 AM
*cough*Elvessuck*/cough*

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-30, 09:34 AM
*murders firefox*

FireFox
2008-03-30, 09:43 AM
*bleeds*

Welcome all new members!

Soundtrack
2008-03-30, 11:50 AM
Hello all,

While I'm not new to the Internet, I am new here. :)

Just wanted to introduce myself... I hope to get to know you all better as time progresses. :)

Phase
2008-03-30, 06:01 PM
Welcome new members! To the greatest forum on Terra!

P.S. isn't it time for 'Hello and Welcome New Members Thread VII?

meaningless
2008-03-31, 12:49 AM
WelCome Guys enjoy ur stay ova here And have lot of fun ...!

If you have any Qus Plss hit it ...:)

Dallas-Dakota
2008-03-31, 12:55 AM
Hello there newlings, newbs, newbies and ofcourse the new guys!
I hope you have a splendid time here!
Just make sure you don't break the rules and you'l be fine.
Try and look around each forum to see which you like best.

Also, you see all those people with their own spiffy avatars, well you can reqeust one in the arts & crafts forum with oots-style avatar reqeust thread.
There's also a erf-reqeust thread but thats more at the bottom of the first page I think.

Well have fun.

And edit, please also use good grammar and spelling!

Sneak
2008-03-31, 08:31 AM
Hello new people!

Feel free to bring gifts!

Ronin of Fire
2008-03-31, 11:27 AM
Hey im just saying high to my new foram neaighbors

Sneak
2008-03-31, 11:35 AM
Hey im just saying high to my new foram neaighbors

No offense intended or anything of course, but you might want to say hi to some spellcheck, too. It's just generally considered more courteous to have the best spelling and grammar that you can on a forum (there's no time limit for making a post), and people will generally respect you more for it. I don't know what that says about us, but it's true.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay in the playground.

Don't touch the swings, though. That's my turf.

-Your friendly neighborhood Sneak

Andolin_Anour
2008-03-31, 06:45 PM
Hello all.

I've been reading Order of the Stick for a while, but a IRL friend of mine recently roped me into these forums.

Trizap
2008-04-01, 04:37 PM
why hello, I am Trizap, I have been reading OOTS for some time- all 543 strips in fact, so I finally joined the forum. :smallcool:

Murphoid
2008-04-01, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

Long time reader first time poster. I love this web comic. My favorite character is Elan the bard. I love how he and Haley got together. (Haley: I kissed a girl once. Ok, More than once.)

Anyway, glad to be here and bee seeing you.

Moriarty
2008-04-01, 06:19 PM
Hey guys :)

after being around these forums the last weeks only reading stuff, i finally joined today,

feels good to be part of the playground ;)
(altough i still have some minor problems getting the avatar i want >.<)

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-01, 06:44 PM
Hey folks. Welcome to the playground. Be polite and follow these (http://smouch.net/lol/) rules are you're set.

Trizap
2008-04-01, 06:49 PM
don't click on it! its just some "you got rick roll'd" thing.........

Sneak
2008-04-01, 06:53 PM
I hate you, Shas. :smallfurious: :smalltongue:

For everyone new: don't worry, we'll only rickroll you incessantly on April Fools day. :P Welcome to the playground.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-01, 06:55 PM
Ah ah ah!

Trizap, change your post so that others believe. And yes I have been posting that link a lot. :smallamused:

Trizap
2008-04-01, 06:58 PM
make me!!!!

Sensate
2008-04-02, 12:39 AM
Be polite and follow these (http://smouch.net/lol/) rules are you're set.
Aw, why didn't I get rick roll'd by my welcoming committee? You people should feel special.

Welcome everyone, this is a great place to be.

Raiser Blade
2008-04-02, 01:30 AM
make me!!!!

Ooh we got ourselves a spunky one. Dibs on the liver. :smallamused:

Trizap
2008-04-02, 01:45 AM
yea, nice try scaring me, Raiser. Nice try :smalltongue:

Eurus
2008-04-02, 01:10 PM
Hello. I'm new, obviously, to this forum, and actually almost as new to d20 gaming in general; I've only started playing Dungeons & Dragons (3.5 only, thusfar) a month or so ago, and haven't found a place to try any others. So forgive me if I occasionally lapse into fits of uncontrolled noobishness. XD

I actually found this site while searching for a D&D RP forum, and I won't lie; the promise of getting to try a play-by-post campaign (or two, or a dozen...) is the primary reason for my signing up (though Order of the Stick is quite amusing so far...).

Anyway, any advice, warnings, threats, limericks, or whatever that anyone can give me are greatly appreciated, as would be a nudge in the direction of a currently-recruiting PbP Campaign.

Sneak
2008-04-02, 10:13 PM
Hello. I'm new, obviously, to this forum, and actually almost as new to d20 gaming in general; I've only started playing Dungeons & Dragons (3.5 only, thusfar) a month or so ago, and haven't found a place to try any others. So forgive me if I occasionally lapse into fits of uncontrolled noobishness. XD

I actually found this site while searching for a D&D RP forum, and I won't lie; the promise of getting to try a play-by-post campaign (or two, or a dozen...) is the primary reason for my signing up (though Order of the Stick is quite amusing so far...).

Anyway, any advice, warnings, threats, limericks, or whatever that anyone can give me are greatly appreciated, as would be a nudge in the direction of a currently-recruiting PbP Campaign.

There once was a man from Nantucket.

I'm going to bash your face in with a sledgehammer.

You should really avoid trolls. They can be dangerous. (Especially if you're a goat.)

The finding players section is where you should go to join a PbP—most have individual threads that say if they're recruiting or not. Also, there's a Currently Recruiting thread stickied at the top. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)

Welcome to the playground! Enjoy your stay!

How'd I do? :P

Hagen Black
2008-04-03, 07:14 AM
Hello to you all.

Enjoy the strip so much, thought I'd see what everyone else was saying about it.

See you around.

Demring
2008-04-03, 02:13 PM
Hello.

I'm here to test freeform forum gaming.

Posting here because I'd like to see how my avatar looks before I go ahead with the gaming...

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-03, 03:24 PM
Salutations. Aswell, don't post just to see what you're avvie or sig looks like. Its frowned upon round these parts.

OITS
2008-04-03, 05:25 PM
Even if I only played DnD for short time (just one campaign as DM with about 200 hours of work for a party that was only able to come together once in two months and even wasn't able to use the time adequatly when everybody was there.. well, we played four times, and they only revealed 2% of my creation... damn i hate them so much... what was i just saying?) (oh - (writing is a very good invention)), but reading OOTS reminded me of all the things i got to know, and i wasn't able to stop, even if english is not my mother tongue and school is out too long for still being able to read (or write^^) it fluently. now it is the first time, i am waitin for a new strip, so i thought, i should discover the forum a little bit and now i registered.

i think, dnd is the most important invention since the wheel with the order of the stick coming on the third place.

my personal strength is, to keep my comments as short as they should be.

Ok, let me put it shorter: hi!

Aston
2008-04-03, 09:25 PM
Welcome. Awesome handle. :)

FireFox
2008-04-03, 09:26 PM
Welcome all!

Tam
2008-04-04, 08:33 AM
Hi,
I'm new in here, although I've been reading OOTS since its beginning.
The reason I registered is that I hoped that i would be able to see the member list, and find the Giant's email! I want to post fan art, and the fan art page just tells me to email him, but I don't manage to find said email adres... Can someone save me?
Thanks!

Dr. Bath
2008-04-04, 08:41 AM
Sadly, as of yet, we have not found the giants e-mail. But he does look around the arts and crafts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27) bit of the forum occasionally. Either post what you've done in one of the relevant threads or make your own if you really want. He might notice it, he might not. At least we get to admire it! :smallsmile:

Oh, and welcome too.

Maxma
2008-04-04, 04:57 PM
Hiya everybody,

My name is Max. Well, it's not really Max, but that's my electronic pseudonym, and that's what all of my friends whom I have met on the internet know me by.

I'm almost twenty years old (egads...realistically, I know that isn't very old, but it seems old to me!) and attending University. I'm not sure how much else you need to know...

You could say I have a prejudice against idiocy, but I am always up for a good debate.

I've been looking over the sight, and I have to say that the organization of the RP section confuses me quite a bit...I'm more of a Free Form RPer if I'm not actually sitting at a table with friends, but I was hoping to give this a shot...if I can figure out the organization of the forums.

I hope to see more of you all, and get to know you more over time.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-04, 05:02 PM
If you're looking for more free-form roleplaying, head down to the Silly Message Board Games and Structured Games, and check out the HALO and AMEN organizations. No rules down there.

Maxma
2008-04-04, 05:11 PM
If you're looking for more free-form roleplaying, head down to the Silly Message Board Games and Structured Games, and check out the HALO and AMEN organizations. No rules down there.

Thanks, but I actually joined this site so I could get the experience of a PbP game that utilizes the rulebooks. I am a longtime member of another site that does a lot of Free-Form. I'd tell you about it, but I don't want the Admins to think I'm trying to advertise it, or worse, spam it. If you want to know more about it, you can PM me and I'll let you know.

First things first, I'm off to the Dice Rolling thread to learn how that works...

Libertee
2008-04-05, 02:17 PM
Hello and welcome

my name is Libertee and only got introduced to OOTS about 2 years ago so i am still i suppose a bit of a newbie!

My gaming interest is limited but my main interest is in miniatures as along with my husband i run a small manufacturer in the UK.

4 kids doesnt leave me much time for gaming but i do love browsing forums and listening to what everyone else is up to..sometims it is the only sensible conversation i get!

Ranulf
2008-04-05, 06:43 PM
Hello! One of my friends showed me the Order of the Stick comic. It's freakin' hilarious! Seriously, it's funnier than Family Guy.

My username comes from the name of my most recent D&D character, an awakened housecat with four levels in Druid (he has a wolf companion).

FireFox
2008-04-05, 06:44 PM
And a certain videogame as well :smallwink: Welcome to the Playground!

Sensate
2008-04-05, 06:53 PM
Hello! One of my friends showed me the Order of the Stick comic. It's freakin' hilarious! Seriously, it's funnier than Family Guy.

Indeed it is! Seriously, I never though a D&D parody comic could be that interesting and funny. Heck, I had very little trust in comics in general before I started reading OotS, they appeared to be something only dedicated fans (i.e. "nerds") could like. I'm glad I got that prejudice scratched out.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, you'll love it here. :smallsmile:

insane808
2008-04-06, 02:49 AM
Hey, I'm new here. I'm here to just have fun and play dnd.

Sneak
2008-04-06, 12:49 PM
Welcome everyone!

Except you. Yeah, you.

Don't look so innocent. You know what you did.

You should be ashamed.

TRM
2008-04-06, 02:25 PM
Welcome everyone!

Except you. Yeah, you.

Don't look so innocent. You know what you did.

You should be ashamed.
I'm sorry! :smalleek: I didn't mean to... it was dark, and...
*leaves in shame*

Welcome to the Playground everyone!!!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-06, 02:55 PM
Welcome! My PM box is always ready if you have a question.

Cheesegear
2008-04-06, 11:45 PM
Hi, I've been Lurking since OotS #86. Finally decided to log in.

The Cats
2008-04-07, 12:24 AM
Welcome, Cheesegear! Enjoy your stay! I encourage you to take part in our thriving silly message board games or PbP campaigns! Huzzah, etc!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-04-07, 12:49 AM
Hello and welcome new members thread 6!

I'l be your tourguide today, my name is Dallas-Dakota or D-D shortly said.
If you have any qeustions feel free to ask by PM.

At our first stop we have Friendly Banter, for exactly that.
Then we have Media Discussions, a place that lives on it own, nice place. Just be carefull with the no politics/religion discussion rule.
Then we have Board/Site issues. Have any qeustions about moderators or something about the site. There's it. Though there is always the option to PM one of the local moderators, which may in some cases be better.

Now we have OOTS section, for all discussion about OOTS
Then the Erfworld section, about Erfworld.
Then Ding times up! Sorry ladies and gentleman, we'l make the next stop and then I'm going.

Bzzzz (The weels go round, round and round)
Then at our next stop we have Gaming!(D20 and general)
For our common games and dice-games!
Then Homebrew, for anything that you homebrew!(Yes, cheesy line)
Then our last stop in that section is the Gaming(Other) Section. For discussions and group meetings of console games(generally).

Have fun, follow the rules and see you on our friendly forums:smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2008-04-07, 01:21 AM
*walk out to page 50 to see if he can get in one more "Hello, new peeps" before they make a new one*

Wait, where's the door? :smallconfused:
Holy guano, Batguy. There are another 12 pages here!

*turns to the new arrivals and waves*

Hello, new peeps!

Charity
2008-04-07, 05:45 AM
Hellooooo

Gets in before Zebs squeeze locks the thread Wooooo.

Hey new UK forumites check out the UK meetup thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66784&page=9) (disorganised but inevitable.)
2nd Aug in Brum.

Silent Hunter
2008-04-07, 06:57 AM
Hi, I'm Silent Hunter. Some of you may know me from The Doctor Who Forum, but I can be mainly found on Television Tropes & Idioms.

I'm British and am here to run a couple of forum games, as well as do other stuff here. OOTS is great and will be

Most of my experience is freeform PbP, but I've done some DnD 3.5.

alamir
2008-04-07, 11:24 AM
hi!
im Iddo from israel! i love Oots, DND and stuff like that.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-07, 03:56 PM
Most of my experience is freeform PbP, but I've done some DnD 3.5.

For freeform, you'll want to head down to Structured games, look at some WW games, AMEN and HALO.

Sneak
2008-04-07, 08:08 PM
Actually, freeform games crop up every now and then in the Finding Player pbp section.

Anyone, welcome everyone!

HoopyFrood
2008-04-08, 12:09 AM
main(){
printf("Hello world.");
}

Just thought I'd say hello. I'll be heading over the homebrews section soon to strike up a thrilling conversation about the world in which my first session as DM will occur. Look for me if you wish to be a part of the experience! I may just remember you forever.

Dm 57895
2008-04-08, 09:25 AM
Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't been posting in a while but I have no internet at my houst and I liik forward to re-starting this forum:smallbiggrin:

I have been reading the comics for the past while and they are brilliant. Who writes this?

Also how the hell do you run games on a forum?

Mara Jade
2008-04-08, 06:30 PM
Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't been posting in a while but I have no internet at my houst and I liik forward to re-starting this forum:smallbiggrin:

I have been reading the comics for the past while and they are brilliant. Who writes this?

Also how the hell do you run games on a forum?

Hi, I'm new here as well. I've been reading the comics for a couple of weeks and just discovered the forum. The writer of OOTS is Rich Burlew.

Ranna
2008-04-08, 06:35 PM
Welcome hope you like it here, games on the forum are the roleplay games, a loose story with baddies and goodies all pointing of whomever they may think is a baddie etc...

and I like the questions on OoTS, as an opener triva on the website and what its about good call!

JeremyLeremy
2008-04-08, 06:52 PM
Hey, i guess im pretty new (just joined a couple minutes ago) thought i'd drop by and say hi. I've been reading the comic for a while but never joined the forums until now... and thats it

TeChameleon
2008-04-09, 02:45 AM
Erm... hi?

Got linked here from the City of Heroes forums when somebody mentioned play-by-mail games, which piqued my interest (this, despite the fact that I've been reading OotS for a few years now >.>).

Anyways, greetings, salutations, and all that.

Dm 57895
2008-04-09, 04:42 AM
How do you join r take part in one of these games? It seems like a decent idea but I want to see what they are like.

Also how much messing around is allowed in these games?

Elrond
2008-04-09, 05:13 AM
Welcome all new members

can i have ur souls????

TeChameleon
2008-04-09, 05:34 AM
Welcome all new members

can i have ur souls????
Well... I was going to say yes, but then I noticed that you did that execrable 'ur' in place of 'your' bit, so... no. Definitely no.

So there :smallyuk:

Also, 57895, most of the info on the Play by Post (PbP) games seems to be concentrated here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)- at least, that's where I ended up when I was looking for it.

Samakain
2008-04-09, 06:05 AM
Hi guys, long time fan of OotS, decided to try to community gig :)

Played D&D since first ed. when i was 12, and at 14 i had a lvl 112 magic-user, yes, magic-user. and a lvl 114 fighter XD

Now i seem to be the only DM in a 1000 miles, as i dm alot but play little. :(

My name is Sa

and i am here

Serpentine
2008-04-09, 06:14 AM
Well... I was going to say yes, but then I noticed that you did that execrable 'ur' in place of 'your' bit, so... no. Definitely no.

So there :smallyuk:I think you're gonna fit in here just fine. :smallamused:

SnowballMan
2008-04-09, 07:13 AM
Well then, may I have your soul?

Regardless of my gaining of anyone's soul, welcome new members. You have found a fun place to be.

Phase
2008-04-09, 07:36 AM
You know what?

*writes something down and tacks it to the wall of the thread*

There, now all new souls or soul-like substances in this thread belong to me, the amazing Phase.

*A small man whispers something in Phase's ear.*

What do you mean it doesn't work like that?

Welcome new members.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-09, 03:36 PM
How do you join r take part in one of these games? It seems like a decent idea but I want to see what they are like.

Also how much messing around is allowed in these games?

Well, just head down to the play-by-post section and just read through a game. Also, those are serious games - messing around is for Structured Games.

Dreswen
2008-04-09, 06:38 PM
Hello, I’m a big OTS fan (There’s a surprise,) and I’ve been hovering round the forums for a while since I discovered OTS a month or so ago and since I suddenly found myself experimenting with OTS style drawing I decided to finally show my face.
I’ve never actually played tabletop D&D *Gasps from the crowd* however I am pretty much addicted to Neverwinter Nights which has made me an enthusiastic roleplayer.
So…… that’s about it really… hello all you wonderfull people

Malvare
2008-04-09, 09:45 PM
Been a lurker for a while, 'm finally posting something.

Phantasm
2008-04-11, 02:47 AM
been readin' OoTS for a long while now. prolly shouldve signed up before now, but i was too lazy to sign up till now.

so hiya, and dont hit me!

please. im fragile.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-04-11, 08:56 AM
been readin' OoTS for a long while now. prolly shouldve signed up before now, but i was too lazy to sign up till now.

so hiya, and dont hit me!

please. im fragile.

Fear not, Phantasm. We don't hit...

WE HARVEST!

DIBS ON THE RIGHT FOOT! :smallbiggrin:

Deimos Hellfire
2008-04-11, 12:46 PM
Hi! My names Deimos, im a 3'2 Taurus who likes long walks along the beach, socialising with friends and incinerating anything i can get my hands on. im looking for a girl who is smart, funny, doesnt find my perpetual lack of eyebrows amusing and is handy with a fire extinguisher.

wait... dammit!!

wrong website.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-11, 08:18 PM
WE HARVEST!

Fiend! You always get the right foot!
Fine, dibs on the GALLBLADDER!

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-11, 08:31 PM
Hi! My names Deimos, im a 3'2 Taurus who likes long walks along the beach, socialising with friends and incinerating anything i can get my hands on. im looking for a girl who is smart, funny, doesnt find my perpetual lack of eyebrows amusing and is handy with a fire extinguisher.

wait... dammit!!

wrong website.

Can I have this one's heart? I'm looking to complete the full set.

Chasso
2008-04-12, 03:00 AM
In the (possible) words of the great Gary Gygax himself... Hi!

Phantasm
2008-04-12, 03:55 AM
Fiend! You always get the right foot!
Fine, dibs on the GALLBLADDER!

Gorram it! MY body parts! MINE!!!

Back off, i gots me a midget an i aint afraid to use it!:smallamused:

Deimos Hellfire
2008-04-12, 07:40 AM
you want my heart?!?! i presume not in the february 14th kind of way?

What is this!? a welcome forum or some strange thread with the friendly facade that's used to lure in the innocent and unwary newcomers so you can butcher and... and maim... and...

that was a stupid question wasn't it?

Hmm, eat or be eaten- i want his eyebrows!!

Phase
2008-04-12, 09:10 PM
I call all organs divisible by three!

And the soul.

Recaiden
2008-04-12, 10:24 PM
Hi. I've been reading OOTS for a while and joined the forum. Please, don't take any of my organs. Apparently, these are dangerous threads.

Szilard
2008-04-12, 10:37 PM
Fine, I call his swords!

Kneenibble
2008-04-12, 10:39 PM
All fresh knees belong to me. I have... kneeds.

Nychta
2008-04-12, 10:46 PM
Congratulations, that was the first decent pun I've heard all day. All week. Possibly all month.

Oh, I call any machine guns, daggers, and knives.

SnowballMan
2008-04-12, 11:23 PM

I'll take the left foot.

Back off, i gots me a midget an i aint afraid to use it!:smallamused:

And the midget.

Roland St. Jude
2008-04-12, 11:30 PM
Welcome new member types! I hope you like it here. :smallsmile:

Nychta
2008-04-13, 12:11 AM
Aw, nobody could not like it here.

Zakama
2008-04-13, 12:19 AM
Aw, nobody could not like it here.
Except...
The Anti-Fun Brigade! :eek:

Anyway, sup newbies. Don't feed Face of Evil, and don't let Brickwall give you advice.

Phantasm
2008-04-13, 03:30 AM
Face of evil, is that anything like a Spartan Hate pit? and i never take advice from people who give it...or something like that, so thanks!

Gurped
2008-04-13, 07:10 AM
gotta love OotS
specially when you find it by accident

Zakama
2008-04-13, 09:12 AM
Face of evil, is that anything like a Spartan Hate pit? and i never take advice from people who give it...or something like that, so thanks!

No, he's just the resident demon. Here's his profile. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=28689)

RTGoodman
2008-04-13, 09:17 AM
No, he's just the resident demon. Here's his profile. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=28689)

I love how he's the "resident demon," but when people go look at his profile it shows his rather cheery Kirby-demon avatar. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, welcome to the Playground, new folks!

DMfromTheAbyss
2008-04-13, 10:49 AM
I've been trolling the threads for awhile now. Finally had to make some comments so I signed up. Been playing D&D since the red book (that would be the Basic set before 1st ed for reference), Been DMing from the start too. Love the Order of the stick comic, Love arguing too, though I'll keep my comments as friendly as possible.

Tim

The DM for Renedge (my ongoing homebrew campaign)

Philzee
2008-04-13, 11:06 AM
Just saying hello as the new guy!

Sensate
2008-04-13, 11:11 AM
Greetings. Welcome to the GiTP.

I have been here for a few weeks now and I like the whole thing very much. With the OotS and Erfworld comics, this ingenious and silly forum community, I'm positive you're all going to like it here.

VForVaarsuvius
2008-04-13, 12:17 PM
Hey all!

I've been floating around for a few months, I love order of the stick, (It's refreshing to have a comedy that goes on for like 500 strips and still doesn't get lame) and have been debating weather or not to join but recently the other forum I was on... Well it's a long story. But I figured 'Why not', so here I am!

BTW, I've never played D&D so if I don't get certain stuff here you'll have to forgive me. I do love RPGs though, I run a watered down simpler RPG on Tuesdays and have a lot of fun with it.

\V/

Barb
2008-04-13, 01:39 PM
Best let it be known right off the bat - I'm no goddamn lurker! Nope, not me.
I register straight away, partly out of a sense of adventure, but mainly 'cause I'm a Lady and it seems proper.

I'm strictly FPS, but don't hold that against me. It's not the headshots I get off on, it's the preening in front of the mirror and kicking and hiding..
:smallsmile:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-13, 01:45 PM
Best let it be known right off the bat - I'm no goddamn lurker! Nope, not me.
I register straight away, partly out of a sense of adventure, but mainly 'cause I'm a Lady and it seems proper.

I'm strictly FPS, but don't hold that against me. It's not the headshots I get off on, it's the preening in front of the mirror and kicking and hiding..
:smallsmile:

...*le gaspe*...an adventurous lady? *swoons* :smalltongue:

*hugs everyone*...welcome to GitP. You need anything, look me up. :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2008-04-13, 02:32 PM
I just wanted to point out to all the body hunters above: You may slain the newcomers only if they open an own thread to introduce themselves. In this thread they are save.

And welcome to all of you who are new here, have fun. I'm sure you will.
(And read the rules. Of all forums. You need it. Really. And if you have questions don't hesitate to ask, we are all very friendly here. Ok, some of them will harvest your body, but they do it friendly.)

BRC
2008-04-13, 02:38 PM
I just wanted to point out to all the body hunters above: You may slain the newcomers only if they open an own thread to introduce themselves. In this thread they are save.

And welcome to all of you who are new here, have fun. I'm sure you will.
(And read the rules. Of all forums. You need it. Really. And if you have questions don't hesitate to ask, we are all very friendly here. Ok, some of them will harvest your body, but they do it friendly.)
Speaking as the one who, I think maybe started the organ-harvesting tradition (I think, proably not), Peter is right, only those foolish enough to announce their arrival by starting a new thread get their organs harvested.

Barb
2008-04-13, 03:59 PM
...*le gaspe*...an adventurous lady? *swoons* :smalltongue:

*hugs everyone*...welcome to GitP. You need anything, look me up. :smallsmile:

Thanks, Hon. I'll spring my fave avatar on youse by n' by. :smallsmile:

Barb
2008-04-13, 04:13 PM
Oh, as an old-school purist me, please restrict your references to 'Children of the Mind'... Bean never did it for me. :smallannoyed:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-13, 06:18 PM
Speaking as the one who, I think maybe started the organ-harvesting tradition (I think, proably not), Peter is right, only those foolish enough to announce their arrival by starting a new thread get their organs harvested.

. . . fine.

*hands back the gallbladder of whoever I stole it from*

Oh, and Barb, there's a little "Edit" button on the bottom right of your post. Use it.

logan9a
2008-04-13, 08:41 PM
I really enjoy Order of the stick.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-04-14, 02:49 PM
Well I really enjoy dinosaurs!:smallbiggrin: Welcome all you new people, might I direct you to the Avatar Adoption Center (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936) were you can browse 4 pages of lovely OOTS avatars that need a good home.
cheers
~Goats

Drunedale
2008-04-14, 05:16 PM
Hey, Drunedale here. I've been reading Order of the Stick so I finally got dragged into the fourm. Glad to be here.

griffinguy24
2008-04-14, 09:02 PM
Hey all. Name's Griff. Just popped in 'cause I experimented with some OOTS art and wanted to showcase it (and, also, to test if my avatar isn't screwed up)

That's about all.

perpetualnoise
2008-04-15, 01:46 AM
Im sorta new...ish...

hi!

Echowinds
2008-04-15, 07:29 PM
Been lurking around here since when the OotS comic was around ~250 or so. I thought I make my first post here.

This forum is indeed very civil compare to the majority of the others out there.

Zakama
2008-04-15, 09:49 PM
Been lurking around here since when the OotS comic was around ~250 or so. I thought I make my first post here.

This forum is indeed very civil compare to the majority of the others out there.

Yes, we pride ourselves on that. :smallbiggrin: Don't ruin it! :smalltongue:

Sneak
2008-04-15, 10:10 PM

LMFAO wUT a n00b!1!!!11one!334five!! lawlz

Ahem.

Sorry, I do take pills for that.

Anyway, welcome. Seriously. We're awesome, and now that you're here, you're awesome too.

Awesome! :P

Zakama
2008-04-16, 10:15 PM
LMFAO wUT a n00b!1!!!11one!334five!! lawlz

Ahem.

Sorry, I do take pills for that.

Anyway, welcome. Seriously. We're awesome, and now that you're here, you're awesome too.

Awesome! :P

All right! *High to the Five*

Skippy
2008-04-16, 10:26 PM
Welcome new people!! Have a nice time in the Playground!! Now go and post in my birthday thread.

Mr Verde
2008-04-16, 10:36 PM
Hello :smalltongue:

DeadHouseplant
2008-04-17, 02:59 PM
Hi. I'm sort of new, I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to join. I don't remember what number OotS I started with since I started reading at number one (even though there were more comics at the time).

*Is off to go request a less ironic avatar*

Beholder1995
2008-04-17, 07:36 PM
*enters forums*

*trips over doorstep*

OW! Dangit, that's the third time! :smallmad:

Oh, well. Hi everybody! :smallbiggrin:

Randani
2008-04-17, 08:52 PM
So I've been lurking here for quite some time, finally got around to registering. :smallbiggrin: This seems to be one of the most friendly boards I've seen in a while. Looking forward to getting to know you people!

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-17, 09:34 PM
...hello, pixiekin! *snuggles*

...have fun here! And tell me if you need anything from me, hmm?

*is friendly* >.>

rialin
2008-04-18, 06:49 AM
I've been registered for a while, but never had the time to go on.

Inverse
2008-04-18, 10:36 AM
Hi everybody. I'm a long time reader first time poster. Here to say hello. <waves>

EdCrypt
2008-04-18, 12:52 PM
Good news everyone!
I am a great (new) OOTS fan, readed it all in one week (at every litle spare time I had). I'll start reading Erfworld asap. I am trying to start a D&D group, btw.
So, hello y'all!

Kasanip
2008-04-18, 04:17 PM
Hello, I've been lurking for the last several months and decided to finally make an account here =)

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

lonestar-d
2008-04-18, 08:26 PM
hi there, all. im just getting back into gaming after a bit of a hiatus, just discovered oots, read all of the posted comics a few nights ago (my gf wasnt happy, to say the least) and must say im hooked.

i like the gaming content here as well.

ArdynnRaven
2008-04-19, 12:07 AM
Hello, hello!

I've been browsing the forums for some time, but I figured now was the time to step in and become just a touch more involved. Anyway, poking around seems like a good idea, so... yeah.

:D

Nikki Jekyll
2008-04-19, 10:19 AM
Hi! I'm Nikki, I've been reading OotS for a long time, and I decided join the forum to have people to discuss the comic with.

Miraqariftsky
2008-04-19, 10:49 AM
Greetings and salutations, acolytes. We are indeed honoured to have you here. Please enjoy your stay!

Ironlich
2008-04-19, 02:38 PM
Hello, new guy here:smallwink: I have been looking around the forum for some time, and decidet to join, since this seems to be an nice place compared to the other forums i've been to. And becaus i like GITP, of course.

izumo
2008-04-20, 09:53 AM
hello, your dream is here for i am charlos....*tumble weed*

well any way hi

Kris Strife
2008-04-20, 05:06 PM
hello. I've been reading OotS and Erfworld for a month or so, went through both archives in four days. I play D&D, trying to DM, a little WoD, 40K and hordes as well as some homebrews.

Noir-Neko
2008-04-21, 04:25 AM
Hiya, just making my lurking presence known. I went through Erf in 2 hours, and I'm lazaly chiseling at OOS over the weeks. I'm a former DND player, and a veteran GM of Alternity. I utilize just about any sorcebook that serves as a means to my ends.

Cheers.

Zeb The Troll
2008-04-21, 04:57 AM
Welcome to all! Let me be the first (or not) to invite you all to head over to the SMBG and enjoy a little werewolf hunting. It's fun. I promise. :smallcool:

Noir-Neko
2008-04-21, 05:01 AM
Werewolf hunting? *fetches vampire fangs* Capitol idea O'l chap

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-21, 06:02 AM
...cheers? ...chap? *le gaspe*

<3.

*snuggles*...welcome! :smallsmile:

RaniLeto2753
2008-04-21, 11:31 AM
Hey, I'm Rani, and I've been reading OOTS for years, I even got my boyfriend hooked on it. I Love Elan and V, they're my favorite characters. :smallbiggrin:

RaniLeto2753
2008-04-21, 11:34 AM
Hey, I'm Rani, and I've been reading OOTS for years, I even got my boyfriend hooked on it. I Love Elan and V, they're my favorite characters. :smallbiggrin:

urscreenhere
2008-04-21, 11:57 AM
hey'all. been reading OOTS about nigh on three years now (I think - "or was it two?") and i love the excellent stick-artistry, and of course the newewebcomic too, efrworld. Nice little world.

If i had do round it down my favourite character'd be teh green goblin mage guy (does he have name?). If anyone was to see me RL I'd act much like Elan, but have a wee beardie and stash. Sorta liek his twin brother... but not quite.

As for the avatar picture, 'tis my first attempt at drawing an OOTS character. Sadly though I couldn't remove the background using paint, although I tried. I initially used Pixia to make it on my old computer, much of which old drafts are lost.

I drew taht about a year and half ago, maybe two years, considering joining the forums, but now I'm finally here! Hey'all!

darkwing
2008-04-21, 12:01 PM
Were is the werewolf hunting?

darkwing
2008-04-21, 12:01 PM

darkwing
2008-04-21, 12:07 PM

darkwing
2008-04-21, 12:28 PM

Isolder74
2008-04-21, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm Dan Bradbury from Ogden, Utah. I am currently working at Weber State of Construction(half the campus is under construction at the moment) University as an IT Tech.

I have been a fan of the comic since I found it about a year ago.

I am currently writing a Sci-fi story of my own and some of the info about the story is located on my posted home page. There is more of the story then I've had room to post on the page so if your interested in reading and proof reading the other chapters let me know.

Nibleswick
2008-04-21, 03:28 PM
Welcome folks.

Darkwing: Werewolf games are in the Silly Message Board Games section.

Isolder: It's nice to see another Utahan, and Star Wars fan here, and since you're looking for proof readers and editors, I suggest you head on down to the Arts and Crafts section.

Bassikpoet
2008-04-22, 01:10 AM
Hello! I've been lurking on the forums for the past month or so. Decided to start contributing to the forum that helps me get through the day at work. I started playing D&D about two years ago and started DMing about two months ago.

Mordokai
2008-04-22, 01:24 AM
Welcome to all! Let me be the first (or not) to invite you all to head over to the SMBG and enjoy a little werewolf hunting. It's fun. I promise. :smallcool:

Until you get eaten by them that is. You conveniently forgot to mention that, right? :smallbiggrin: *points at Zeb*

Welcome to all new members! Enjoy your stay!

Skipper
2008-04-22, 01:59 AM
Hey, I used to have an account on the site but it died like...a year ago. So yeah, I doubt I remember much of what goes on here. :smallredface:

CultDoctor
2008-04-22, 07:02 AM
I've been lurking for a while and was finally convinced (didn't take that much :smalltongue: ) to get an account. I sort of forgot to add anything to this thread. Ah well. Anyway, I don't get THAT much time to PbP but enjoy every minute of it. And I'd definitely advise the Ww games. They're pretty epic when they're PbP.

Oh, I am waiting for an avvie. I know I need one. :smallsmile:

wayland
2008-04-22, 08:20 AM
Greetings to Everyone!!! Welcome and Enjoy!!!

Otempora
2008-04-22, 12:21 PM
Hiya. :) I just read through OotS and loved it. So here I am.

Nuiat
2008-04-22, 04:51 PM
Hey folks.

(I think that's all the forum thingy said I should do...)

The Rogue
2008-04-22, 04:59 PM
Hello, I am The Rogue, friend of The Fighter and TheCleric. I read OoTS over The Fighter's shoulder, because I'm to lazy to go to the site myself.

BRC
2008-04-22, 05:02 PM
Hello, I am The Rogue, friend of The Fighter and TheCleric. I read OoTS over The Fighter's shoulder, because I'm to lazy to go to the site myself.

This will get confusing, we already have "Da Rogue"

Phoe
2008-04-22, 05:04 PM
Hello folks, a friend of mine said I should check this site, because it is simple stunning. So here I am!

Oh, and I saw you have Baldur's Gate section too. I didn't think, that it is still popular to play. Baldur's Gate was my first PC-Game in this genre and I luved it!!! :smallbiggrin:

The Rogue
2008-04-22, 05:06 PM
This will get confusing, we already have "Da Rogue"

I doubt it, personality will bee easy to see, I am very bad in combat, but excellent everywhere else, I'm sure Da rogue is better at fighting than I.

(EDIT) *Uses sneak attack* Da Rogue is no more!!

*rolls*

a '2' is rolled

T_T No fair...

PhoeKun
2008-04-22, 05:33 PM
Hello folks, a friend of mine said I should check this site, because it is simple stunning. So here I am!

Oh, and I saw you have Baldur's Gate section too. I didn't think, that it is still popular to play. Baldur's Gate was my first PC-Game in this genre and I luved it!!! :smallbiggrin:

I... you... name...

Ok, I'll just say it. I'm freaked out right now. :smalleek:

Phase
2008-04-22, 06:11 PM
Hey new members! Glad you're all here!

Drow Warrior
2008-04-22, 06:25 PM
HI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now who wants to go kill kobolds with me!!!

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-22, 07:10 PM
I... you... name...

Ok, I'll just say it. I'm freaked out right now. :smalleek:

*looks back and forth between Phoe's*

:smalleek:

...although, on the plus side...twice the awesome! :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2008-04-22, 07:33 PM
Let's just hope the new Phoe is half as awesome (you know, with only half the name and all...). Though, now I'll have to spell out the whole PhoeKun. Or maybe I'll just go with Phoebes. Yeah, Phoebes. :smallbiggrin:

*hugs Phoebes and shakes Phoe's hand*

Phase
2008-04-22, 08:39 PM
HI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now who wants to go kill kobolds with me!!!

Our Koboldian populus might not take so kindly to that...

NobodySpecial
2008-04-23, 04:47 PM
Um. Yeah. Hi.

(Boy, there's an AWFUL LOT of you. Staring at me.)

/hides

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-23, 04:58 PM
Oi, drow warrior, better idea; Let's kill some drow!! :smallcool:

Also, hi to new members. :smallsmile:

Edge
2008-04-24, 02:01 PM
A hearty hello from the raining mire known as northern England.

Marikunin
2008-04-24, 03:06 PM
Hiyas! :)
I'm Marikunin. Google me and you'll see how many forums and things I'm on. Anyway, I just got into Order of the Stick on April 5th, when I purchased the first book at I-Con in Stonybrook. Then I fell in love with the series and quickly caught up on line. Please treat me kindly! :)

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-24, 03:17 PM
*hugs*...hello, and welcome! :smallsmile:

If you need help on anything, don't be afraid to ask! See you around the forums!

Nano
2008-04-24, 05:35 PM
I promise you, if I possessed the capacity for it, I would write something witty and entertaining here to end my six month lurking streak. I don't, so...

Sorry.

(I'm Nano. Hay thur!)

1condor12
2008-04-24, 09:08 PM
:smallbiggrin: hello to the people of the world

Hairb
2008-04-25, 05:35 AM
Howdy GITP,
I've been reading OOTS and Erfworld for a while now, but I thought it was time I gave the forums a shot. At the time of posting, I'm:
1) Wading through a pile of assignments;
2) Writing a D&D campaign setting;
3) Toying with the idea of a Superhero/ Supervillain card game (like Citadels (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/478) or )Armageddon Empires (http://www.crypticcomet.com/games/AE/armageddon_empires.html).
See you on the boards,
Hairb

Binkatron
2008-04-25, 06:45 AM
Hi,

I've been lurking for a while and figured it was time to start writing!

Armadian
2008-04-25, 10:26 AM
ni hao :smallsmile: (hello )

TRM
2008-04-25, 11:40 AM
Welcome everyone!

Um. Yeah. Hi.

(Boy, there's an AWFUL LOT of you. Staring at me.)

/hides
O_o Hi there. That's what we do... stare at people o_O

(:smallsmile:)

Reeses
2008-04-25, 11:41 AM
Hello! I joined up yesterday after I got my dragon eggs. Was looking for a forum what could help them hatch. Been going through the forum seeing how things are here. Not really sure what to post so yea.. Hi! xD

TriniKrusader
2008-04-25, 12:16 PM
Hello all,

I've been reading OOTS since about the time of issue 50 and I've always loved it. Never really saw the need to join the Forums until recently. I'm a Neverwinter Nights veteran (kinda), a Forgotten Realms aficionado (yay for spellcheck) and a lover of RP in general, having done it for about four years. I've dabbled in online PnP (contradiction in terms?) and I also play WoW.

...and the Neppyman quiz rates me as being a half-elven paladin ranger follower of Tyr, if anyone cares :D

erobbins
2008-04-25, 03:45 PM
Hi there everyone, my name is Elizabeth! Hope to chat with you all soon!

The Rose Dragon
2008-04-25, 03:47 PM
Wow, a girl and a new poster in its own thread.

I claim the ovaries. And the tongue. And the spleen. And the spinal cord. *starts harvesting*

Mordokai
2008-04-25, 03:48 PM
*smacks The Rose Dragon over the head*

No organ hoarding! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll help myself to that spleen.

Welcome to the forums. Don't mind us harvesting your organs :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2008-04-25, 03:50 PM
Damn, a mod stole all our fun.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I'd point you to the proper thread for this stuff, but it has been done already. *mumble grumble*

Mordokai
2008-04-25, 03:56 PM
And while I was typing, no less :smallannoyed:

Oh well, I guess you can have your spleen back :smalltongue:

Phase
2008-04-25, 05:01 PM
No Mordokai, no refunds!:smallannoyed:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-25, 06:01 PM
...you can get a refund for something you steal? ...it's...it's...brilliant!

...also...*hugs newbies*...my conscience is sated. And my arms, too. Or...whatever I'm hugging with. :smallsmile:

itsmeyouidiot
2008-04-26, 09:57 PM
New guy...

I don't really role play, but I still find this site quite interesting.

I love the funny comic strip. Quite entertaining.

ShotgunGoblin
2008-04-27, 02:36 AM
Hey new guy here.

Ness_Kid
2008-04-27, 09:48 PM
Hello! I just joined after reading the Order of the Stick books I borrowed from my friend and I enjoyed them a lot!

I visited the website and decided to join the forums, so I hope I can be a good member!

I send my greetings to all who read this!

wayland
2008-04-28, 01:13 AM
To All Newcomers:that don't know how to get too the really good stuff on this site! Try this link http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78765&goto=newpost !

Trenchfoot
2008-04-28, 06:44 AM
Howdy. I'm gonna be lurking this site for a while to get the hang of things, then join in on a game sooner or later. Writing is my favourite hobby and I've been looking for a creative vent. I plan on making this site my main one. I'm into D&D, but I've only played in a few games, and DM'd for two seperate games. Those were short lived as well, the first only got through 7 sessions and my current only 15. I'd rather play, as I'm sure most DM's understand. It's alot easier! If you're lookin for a dedicated player, send me a tell and I'll be all for it.

wayland
2008-04-28, 07:10 AM
Howdy. I'm gonna be lurking this site for a while to get the hang of things, then join in on a game sooner or later. Writing is my favourite hobby and I've been looking for a creative vent. I plan on making this site my main one. I'm into D&D, but I've only played in a few games, and DM'd for two seperate games. Those were short lived as well, the first only got through 7 sessions and my current only 15. I'd rather play, as I'm sure most DM's understand. It's alot easier! If you're lookin for a dedicated player, send me a tell and I'll be all for it.
Check out the above link from Wayland! At that Link you can post for campaigns and other stuff! Check out My campaign under Wayland! If your intersted I will send you my Story-Line!

Hwarinengwion
2008-04-28, 07:18 AM
Waaa Haaa Haaa I can now begin posting my thoughts on this website. So, Hi and sorry in advance for my occasional total randomness.
:biggrin:

CTG
2008-04-29, 08:42 AM
Just thought I would pop in and say hello

Elder Tsofu
2008-04-29, 12:03 PM
Well, I have read OOTS and erfworold for a while now and admit that I like them. :smallwink:
So after carefull planning I decided to join the forum on the week I have the least time to enjoy it. But thats me and planning I guess. :smallbiggrin:

But to make a long story short: Hello everyone!

Knouge
2008-04-29, 12:46 PM
Hello everyone. I am Knouge, and I am Swiss, from the french-speaking part of Switzerland, so please forgive any grammatical or spelling mistakes you may find in my posts, and feel free to correct them.

Anyway. I came here because I like OOTS a lot, and I've been reading it since...what, before the big Azure City arc? I don't really remember. And when I found out there's actually a play-by-post roleplaying board here, I thought, "hey, why not join?"

I hope I'll enjoy my stay here. You may find me in the roleplaying and gaming forums, once I figure out those darned characters sheets. I may be a roleplayer, but I can't create a character to save my life.

Galedemir
2008-04-29, 04:49 PM
Greetings to you of lesser descent. I have come to shed the light of my infinite wisdom on your feeble minds, albeit my oncoming dinner might prevent me from doing so at any given time, so you better listen and listen good; I... forgot what to say.

Anywhoo, I'm from Denmark, so excuse my grammar and pardon my French (if I randomly decide to speak that language), as I've only spoken English for near three years now. Coincidentally about the same I started viewing odd comics like this one :smallwink:

Heaven Striker
2008-04-29, 05:47 PM
Hello there!

I'm brazilian, and four months ago I first discovered OotS.
And now Ive got time to write in this forum :smallbiggrin:

So... are there many non-US guys around here?

Well... enough chatting, let me introduce myself:

Look out, evil doers!
Stand up, righteous!
Legends told it before, and here I am.
Heaven Striker, that's the name!
To please the girls
And praise the gods
To free from tyranny
and punish the bad guys
and I totally suck at the rhymes

Well, as I've seen, you guys are really good at that homebrewing stuff...
Where can I exactly post my ideas to get some help developing them?

Thanks guys o/

cya

Vibrant
2008-04-29, 07:26 PM
Hello hello! Newbie here. A coworker of my DH's told him about GITP, he told me (I'm a message board junkie), I poked my head in the forum and was immediately overwhelmed, quickly backed out again, discovered OOTS, read all 552 "pages" in roughly four days, and now need something to occupy my time in between updates, so here I am again. :smallsmile:

Heaven Striker
2008-04-29, 07:39 PM
Newcomers, unite!

Welcome, guys:
Knouge
Galedemir
Vibrant
and me, of course =]

bigbang99211
2008-04-29, 08:04 PM
Hello, I'm new to the boards, though I've been reading OOTS for nobody knows how long (long before I actually started playing DnD actually). After a couple of months maybe of just reading, it really felt like I had stuff to post in some of the threads I saw. Long story short, I signed up, and now I'm posting here. So, hello everyone!

(Wow, that sounded cheesy.)

Alana
2008-04-30, 07:26 AM
Hello folks!

New to the boards, but have been reading OotS for as long as I can remember, and laughing my tail off the whole time! Used to play D&D quite regularly in college, but we've all since gotten jobs and had to live in the real world (which is infinitely less amusing!).

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. :)

Have a great day!
Alana

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-30, 08:02 AM
*snuggles*...welcome, everyone! :smallsmile:

...if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask! *hugs*

topfengolatsche
2008-04-30, 04:00 PM
Hi All!

I've been reading OotS and lurking around in the forums for quite a while now. Thought it might be time to register and participate a little. From what I've seen, it's a great community.

I'm especially interested to join in some pbp games. I've never really played d&d, except for some crpgs but from what I've seen it's great fun. Well, I'm looking forward to a good time!

Anglabbey
2008-04-30, 04:10 PM
Hi! Apparently this is where I post!

How can I get a cool avatar like you guys?

Cal
2008-04-30, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Looks like fun. :smallsmile:

Popdart
2008-05-01, 05:37 AM
Hello to everyone. I have read all of OOTS and Erfworld and have to get in on the fun in the forums too. I'm from Australia so now you know that so I'm glad. Don't hurt me.

DraPrime
2008-05-01, 06:13 AM
Hello popdart, and welcome! Don't worry, we rarely hurt people, unless we harvest their organs. No joke.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-01, 05:39 PM
Welcome to you new members, and to Anglabbey, you can head down to the Arts and Crafts section to ask for one.

NeonMartini8
2008-05-01, 07:32 PM
hmmmmmmmmm... Sorry... Im a new member and I needed to know how do you access your profile without going to your subscribed threads and then picking one thing that you said?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-01, 08:03 PM
Once you're in your profile, you can just choose options from there. There should be a list of all sorts of jank off to the side you can use.

RobotPerfomance
2008-05-01, 11:25 PM
Hey there

Just thought I would introduce myself. The name is RobotPerformance or would be if I wasn't missing and R but spelling isn't one of my skills. I have been reading the best web comic ever (Order of the Stick). I figured that it was time to join the forum.

I will be kicking it in the great state of Minnesota and working on my teaching certification. Yeah they will let people like me teach.

RedHeadSamurai
2008-05-01, 11:45 PM
Hello all.

Names RedHeadSamurai.

you cnakinda figure out why Im here. been readin OoTS for a while and also following a few members posts for D&D creations. so thought it was time for me to join and show what little talent i think i might have.

DraPrime
2008-05-02, 05:55 AM
Welcome RedHeadSamurai and RobotPerfomance. Just be sure that you don't get you're organs harvested!

Xeava
2008-05-02, 07:05 AM
I only just found this forum and I'm already in love with Oder Of The Stick and these cool dragon eggs! Any way thought is would be cool to post here.

Oh yeah by the way what does pixie in the playground mean?:smallsigh: