PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Arokh
2008-05-02, 07:41 AM
Well...Hey there.
I have been lurking around the forums for a while, and now I finally got me to register.

About me: Well, its either in my profile, or you will have to ask me.

@Xeava. According to this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) post, it meanst we are the lowest in the pecking order

So long, Arokh.

SerenityKry
2008-05-02, 09:21 AM
I'm here to introduce myself! But it will be an entirely small introduction. Why you ask, because I've ben sitting around all morning attempting to delay the fact that I really need to jump in my truck and get to work. >.>

Bad me.

I'm from Arizona, I'm a big video game player, a lot of my delaying this morning was due to me staying up most of the night playing Mario Kart Wii.

I really enjoy the comic though. :smallbiggrin:

Well better get to work, it pays for things that I need.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-02, 05:42 PM
Oh yeah by the way what does pixie in the playground mean?:smallsigh:

Nothing really. It just shows how many times you've posted. Don't believe Arokh, we really don't have a pecking order here. Everybody's treated equally.

DraPrime
2008-05-02, 05:45 PM
Nothing really. It just shows how many times you've posted. Don't believe Arokh, we really don't have a pecking order here. Everybody's treated equally.

That last part isn't exactly true. While pixies and the like are treated nicely, people are more friendly to those who have been around longer just because we know them. Still, you won't be judged by your post count.

Kaboose
2008-05-02, 09:55 PM
hi! i'm one of the newbies.
already signed up for a werewolf game.
introduced to the forums by xnadia (does she get points for that?)
by the way, shadow is apparantly a legend around here. so there is a pecking order but noone abuses it

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-02, 10:05 PM
Ah yes, but my good friend Prime, that's because they're friends. You're more likely to treat your friends better.

And Kaboose, Shadow is a legend, but its mainly reputation. Technically he receives no perks for this.

Cirigan
2008-05-03, 01:28 PM
hello! lets see i'm one of the largest D&D nerds at my school. ive been reading OOTS since... hmm im pretty positive it was the first run in with Nale, for some reason it took me that long to finally think hmmm... you know it would make sense that a site with such a great web comic may have some other cool stuff, so i finally read the gaming section(entire section all at once), and then the gears moved a little more in my head and i thought you know who would like this comic D&D enthusiasts, and when not reading web comics they may be posting interesting stuff on the forums... and here i am

lets see...about me... Ive been D&D for about 3 years, 1 1/2 of which was DMing, and i think im finally getting the hang of it...

Tedankhamen
2008-05-04, 06:05 AM
Tedankhamen here,
Love OOTS iving in a non-English speaking country and having no one to game with, it keeps me at a stable level of consciousness.

Hope Roy gets revived soon!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-04, 06:17 AM
Kaboose, Shas : About Shadow and pecking order and stuff :
You technically get nothing. Practically you get respect, you're known and you get respect.

Welcome all new members!
Please follow the rules and respect them if you have a question about the rules or the technical things of the forum visit the Board & Site issues forum.

Please visit A&C forums for a custom made avatar! For an OOTS-style avatar(Which are very popular here!) check the sticky threads and the reqeust thread should be there! I'm sure there's an erf-request thread on the A&C forums to, just not stickied as there are not so-much erf-avatarists who have the time and the skill, so if you want one of those you'l most likely have to be a bit patient.(No reposting in the erf-request thread.)

Visit the SMBG(On the forums menu at the bottom) for lots of silly fun, the town for random role-playing and structured games for lots of structured silly fun(Mainly WereWolf games)

And just a warning, its a common tradition on these forums to harvest new people's organs, so beware and keep them safe!

All in all, I say, respect the rules and have fun!

Lycan 01
2008-05-04, 06:39 PM
Hey. Um... My name's Lycan. I'm a total DnD newbie, having never played it. Yet. I do play Arkham Horror, though... but I doubt anyone here knows or cares what that is. :smalltongue: Anyway, I joined because Order of the Stick is an awesome webcomic, and a few people suggested I brush up on my DnD and RPG experience before getting into it.

I feel like a kid in a candy shop right now. Only the candy shop is full of strangers, and I have no way of knowing what the candies taste like, or if they'll kill me... :smalleek:

EmeraldRose
2008-05-04, 06:47 PM
*flies into the thread*

Welcome y'all! Play nice now :smallbiggrin:

*flies out again*

Vanque
2008-05-05, 01:36 AM
I am not full of black goat monkeys.

Kneenibble
2008-05-05, 01:50 AM

Best first post in a forum ever.

Zakama
2008-05-05, 03:55 AM

Um... That's... Good to know?

joe_shmoe
2008-05-05, 05:59 PM
:smallsmile:
hi!

theopholes
2008-05-06, 07:26 AM
Greetings all. I have enjoyed OOTS for a long time and finally decided to join the forum. Have a nice day!:smallsmile:

Ravengyre
2008-05-06, 12:17 PM
Hello, greetings, salutations, howdy, etc! (Wait, did I just say howdy? Howdy? Who says howdy nowadays? Meh.)

pksgigi
2008-05-06, 12:41 PM
Just want to say hello to everyone this is my first time on the forum but not new to the comic strip.

Hoppa
2008-05-06, 04:38 PM
Hello everyone :)
I am a new poster here, but a huge fan of OOTS.

Just thought I'd say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

I am an Artist, Poet and Writer, a huge D&D fan as well as a fan of MMORPGs. Currently now, I am playing Lord of the Rings online, on the Landroval server.
I have been writing online short stories, based on my old days of pen and paper D&D, with characters established there years ago, as well as new character interactions with friends in LOTRO.
If you'd like to read some of my stories, feel free to stop in here; http://joel-end.blogspot.com/
at my blog.
I hope you will enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

Yarly
2008-05-06, 05:41 PM
Lo and Behold for I have come with a powerful conjuration... mmm naa ignore that:smallbiggrin:, just want to say hello everyone and also I love this comic strip :thog:

Jokerz
2008-05-06, 05:48 PM
Heya. ill your base... naw, just joking. Jokerz here, ready to put a landmine under your pillow.

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-07, 10:07 PM
Hello, you may have seen me around, so I'm not exactly "new" but I haven't posted here so I'll give it a go! My name will make a lot more sense when I can get the proper avatar up. (It's my Ultimate Frisbee team name.)

Oh, and heres a little about me.
Loves:
Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Football, Ultimate Frisbee, D&D (Got a good campaign about to go), Former (Yes, I did quit) WoW player, Warhammer Fantasy, Fishing, My Cat, Democarcy, America, and Travel

Hates:
Fast-Food Companies, Facebook, or anything like that (though forums are awesome), NY Yankees, Bush Adminastration.

shalamanser
2008-05-08, 05:24 AM
Hello everybody!

Long time reader - first time poster :-)

Mark

Risky
2008-05-08, 12:36 PM
Yo!

First time poster as well, but I've been reading OotS for a while.

Yes.

Xron
2008-05-08, 05:37 PM
Hi
I wandered into this place from "the internets" not long ago. I've decided to stay a bit and wander through here some more. Expect me when you see me.

Mordokai
2008-05-09, 07:08 AM
Big welcome to all new members. Enjoy your stay. Organ harvesting has been forbiden, but try to behave yourself anyway :smallsmile: Jump over to SMBG if you're feeling crazy, we're having one hell of a time. If not, just explore forum to your leisure.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-10, 10:40 AM
Heya. ill your base... naw, just joking. Jokerz here, ready to put a landmine under your pillow.

. . . You could go far.

Anyways, welcome new members. If you have any questions, drop me a PM.

Dra-Goon
2008-05-10, 01:15 PM
Hi! New member here! I've been reading OotS since about a year now.

I'm afraid the reason I *HAD* to become a member is the House of Horrors thread... (<- evil ideas are brewing in my head)

Hastur Avaddon
2008-05-10, 05:44 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

*takes a bow*

It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to interacting with you efficiently and soon.

Thankyou, and farewell.

athynz
2008-05-11, 01:17 PM
Greetings to all! I've read OOTS for about a year now having been introduced to it by my former DM and have enjoyed it immensely. :roach:

Dutchess of URL
2008-05-11, 01:43 PM
Just posting here to introduce myself. My husband (Duke of URL) has raved about this site for some time and I thought I'd give my own try at playing a PBP game. However, I have only gamed once before and that was years and years ago so I am a true beginner!!!!!

Phase
2008-05-11, 10:11 PM
Hello all new members! Any questions can be addressed to me, Phase, or any other posters around here. Have fun!

-=-Phase

Raiser Blade
2008-05-12, 01:17 AM
evil ideas are brewing in my head)

Good you'll fit right in! :smallbiggrin:

Ardwin Burch
2008-05-12, 09:08 PM
Hello. I am Ardwin Burch, Duskblade extraordinaire. Okay, not really. To tell you the truth, in real life, I would probably be a Bard. (damned acting addiction) But I would rather be a Duskblade if I had the chance.

tomas-q
2008-05-12, 10:05 PM
Hello! as i am new in this forum I am supposed to introduce myself... i'm Tomás, from Argentina (in South America), and I love OOTS and D&D, so I'm glad to be part of a community which shares this appetite for fun and adventure!

:belkar:

Kolm
2008-05-13, 08:39 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm new in the forum, but I love order of the stick!

Greetings from Hungary (Central-Europe)!!:smallsmile:

Zuki
2008-05-13, 04:04 PM
I suppose I'll throw up some sort of inane introductory post, mostly because I have a quesiton and this seems like the right place to answer it.

Is there some sort of gallery that I can view all of the premade OoTS-esque avatars at? I can fuss about with begging someone for a commission later I suppose, but for now I'll just ask and then get back to drooling over the sweet delicious Avatar homebrew conversion thingy.

There! Inane introductory post complete!

Tholok Razescar
2008-05-13, 04:41 PM
'Ello there, tall ones and otherwise shaped folks. I'm new here.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-13, 08:54 PM
I suppose I'll throw up some sort of inane introductory post, mostly because I have a quesiton and this seems like the right place to answer it.

Is there some sort of gallery that I can view all of the premade OoTS-esque avatars at? I can fuss about with begging someone for a commission later I suppose, but for now I'll just ask and then get back to drooling over the sweet delicious Avatar homebrew conversion thingy.

There! Inane introductory post complete!

Umm, as far as I know, just choose a new type and look at an old post of yours.
Please, though, do not make a new post for checking out what your avatar or signature look like.

archerpwr
2008-05-13, 09:31 PM
*coughs*

Archerpwr. Longtime fan of OOTS. Big poster at WotC. So far, not as much to see here (no LogicNinja or Onewinged4ngel :( ), but I'll poke around.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-14, 04:42 AM
*coughs*

Archerpwr. Longtime fan of OOTS. Big poster at WotC. So far, not as much to see here (no LogicNinja or Onewinged4ngel :( ), but I'll poke around.

...aren't they both former members? >.>

*hugs*...welcome, though. :smallsmile:

Rosa Schmalspur
2008-05-14, 06:42 AM
Hello everybody!

insecure
2008-05-14, 12:51 PM
Hey everybody :smallbiggrin:

Rebelle
2008-05-14, 02:27 PM
Okay, technically I'm not new (see my sig, I've been around for a year), but I never said hi so... Hi!

archerpwr
2008-05-14, 03:21 PM
...aren't they both former members? >.>

*hugs*...welcome, though. :smallsmile:

Yep. Both are over at WotC now. Something about Roland not liking snarky people.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-14, 03:22 PM
Okay, technically I'm not new (see my sig, I've been around for a year), but I never said hi so... Hi!

Name changers, unite!
=D

Emrikol
2008-05-14, 04:49 PM
Hi love OOTS - D&Ding since first edition - its great to see such lively forum

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-14, 06:00 PM

Oh hi, person that I have never seen before.
You should check out AMEN in the Town.
Something tells me you'll like it. . . :smallwink:

*coughs*

They used to be here all the time. But One Winged isn't exactly the nicest person in my experience with him . . .

zenerth
2008-05-14, 07:34 PM
beware thread and fry it frrom the sky.......on second thought this one is ok ...greeting insanity one day at a time welcome to my playground. In the inane words of of my favorite flameing phycopath a mental mind f--k can be nice.....being said being done being gone

AlmostAKender
2008-05-15, 09:16 PM
I finnaly decided to become a member.... WOOT im a member! hello entire fourms!:biggrin:

Faunus
2008-05-16, 10:01 AM
Hello. My two favorite things are rpg's anf obscure expirimental avant garde music. I am a terrible speller so please try and bare with me. I hope to have fun and meet some cool people on here.

Listen to maudlin of the Well.

Sorry, I just can't help myself from recommending music. Don't hold it against me.:smallsigh:

TheExpat
2008-05-16, 02:11 PM
Hello!

I've read OOTS for about a year, and I have to say there are not many better places for me to find a good laugh.

The only reason I've decided to join the forum is because Rich Berlew says Thingamajobber, which is like totally the best way to describe things outside of one's ability. Like. Totally. :redcloak:

Dread Cthulhu
2008-05-16, 03:47 PM
*Pithy statement about finally plucking up the guts to join*

*Introduction*

*Simultaneous desire to be shown the ropes by experienced member and not be flamed for being teh n00by*

*Statement regarding the absurdly meta nature of this introduction, and a redirection to a page on a different website (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TropeName)*

*Recognision of belonging to said website in question*

*Repetition of the title of the thread*

TheExpat
2008-05-16, 09:00 PM
*Statement regarding the absurdly meta nature of this introduction, and a redirection to a page on a different website (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TropeName)*

Absurd meta nature...hey! You could write for OOTS!:smallamused:

Inanis
2008-05-17, 09:35 AM
Hey, this seems a nice place.
hope to meet people here.

Thima
2008-05-17, 07:38 PM
Good Day (or night)to you all. I love to read and am in the process of writing a book of my own.I hope to meet some awesome people here.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-17, 07:42 PM
Good Day (or night)to you all. I love to read and am in the process of writing a book of my own.I hope to meet some awesome people here.

Ooh, when you get published, tell me so I can buy it.

Bigbrother87
2008-05-17, 09:22 PM
Hello, and a good evening/morning/rest/waking period to you!

As it says in my sig, I've never played. HOWEVER, I've been reading and enjoying these forums for a while, and I finally joined.

I'm going to continue to read and enjoy the creativity found here, and now I can post questions and suggestions myself! Hooray registration!

Steelrose
2008-05-18, 10:17 AM
hey there,

just wanted to take the opportuniy to introduce myself.
Until recently I hadn't checked this forum out. Just came for the comic.
Now I'm all yours! :smallwink:

Uncle Festy
2008-05-18, 11:07 AM
Why the change, V jun -
I mean, Rebelle?
Oh, and welcome to all!

Captain McBucky
2008-05-18, 12:12 PM
Hey, I'm Captain McBucky. I'm new (duh)

I'm one of Shades of Gray's friends, and he helped me make this account so please don't ban either of us, we're using his computer.

jjtjackie
2008-05-18, 10:09 PM
Pokes head into the newbie thread.
Lurks about like a good little rogue should. ;)

Bloody Chaplain
2008-05-19, 12:11 AM
Hello all, I am the chaplain, it will be a pleasure to rp with some of you, and for the rest of you well... THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!!

But I digress a pleasure.

obilisk260
2008-05-19, 05:56 PM
Hi all! I've been reading OoTS for a while now but never got the time to register an account. So yah, hi!

Phase
2008-05-19, 09:54 PM
Is it just me, or are all these new people pix-

Oh...

Welcome, new members! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to private message me!

littlequietguy
2008-05-19, 10:16 PM
hi im new also
first forum so i might break some unwritten rules
(help my drAGONS)

Serpentine
2008-05-20, 06:55 AM
I'm one of Shades of Gray's friends, and he helped me make this account so please don't ban either of us, we're using his computer.In Board Issues, there is, I believe, a thread on multiple accounts or somesuch. Could be a good idea to just let them know in there that there's two of you on the one IP.

Geek: It's not the unwritten ones you need to worry about, but the written ones (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) :smallwink: (an' that goes fer th' rest o' yas, too :smallannoyed:)

red-death21
2008-05-20, 03:13 PM
It looks like i am new here
oots is great an makes me lol
its more funny if you play dnd though
but i guesse most people here do!
thog is like amazing :smallbiggrin:

red-death21
2008-05-20, 03:14 PM
It looks like i am new here
oots is great an makes me lol
its more funny if you play dnd though
but i guesse most people here do!
thog is like amazing :smallbiggrin:

Captain Kenny
2008-05-20, 04:17 PM
Just wanted to say hi from all the little folk in Tir Nan Ogg

Just joined the forum which is a bit of a first for me cause I don't usually post on fora. Any way... I'm done.

Randoramma
2008-05-21, 05:21 PM
Hello all, posting to see my avatar... awaiting instructions which will make then this post unnecessary. Thanks for the great comics !!

Uncle Festy
2008-05-21, 06:43 PM
Is it just me, or are all these new people pix-

Oh...

*adds to potential Quotes of the Week, with your permission*
You know, I'm finding so many good quotes, I should just make it Quote of the Day instead...

mikethecelloist
2008-05-21, 10:25 PM
Hello. My avatar is a character of mine, Oinone Mnason, pirate captain of Aendraste (http://z15.invisionfree.com/Aendraste).

I'm new.

Philistine
2008-05-21, 10:34 PM
FIRST!!!*

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm... Change of plans, I'm not going with that after all.

Anyway, here I am. I'll be around. Mostly lurking, probably, but eh - that's what I do.

* Disclaimer: Yes, I'm aware that this is the 70th page of the 6th incarnation of this board's "Hello World!" thread. And yes, I'm also aware of the context in which a "FIRST!" post would be scrubbed on sight. The combination of these two factors is what makes such a post in this thread so irresistably delicious to me, particularly as it is my own first post to these boards. So - I've now been duly warned, and it won't happen again.

kesse LP
2008-05-22, 01:51 PM
hi all, ive been lurking around the playground for a couple of years now. mainly for OOTS, but eventually found interrest in the forums. and now i finally joined in! i'll probably hang around mainly in the
relationship woes and advice and stuff like that, you people seem quite cool :)

Haruki-kun
2008-05-22, 01:58 PM
Welcome! Welcome to the Playground! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves here!

Allow me to introduce you to an important Franchise from our lovely playground.

Please step this way (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79089) if you think you're Evil.

Thank you! Have fun!

Sukren
2008-05-22, 05:22 PM
Hello everyone...

Ranna
2008-05-22, 05:23 PM
Hey, hope you enjoy it here :)

cezyou
2008-05-22, 05:34 PM
Hello. I am debating whether or not to make a FMA based class.

...I like cheese.

Baby Bowser
2008-05-22, 08:15 PM
Well, this is awkward.... Hi?

Introductions are always cumbersome for me. I'm Baby Bowser; I've been reading Order of the Stick for awhile now. I believe I first picked it up last summer, when I was reading the Dungeons and Dragons Wikipedia article and saw a reference to the comic, though it's been too long for me to be sure. I started reading Erfworld a few months after I finished reading through the archives of OOTS, and while I don't follow it as closely as the stick-figure comic I do enjoy it.

It's just been recently that I've become more active with the comic, starting a month or two ago when I found myself doodling OOTS-style stick figures in the page margins of my History notes. Later that week I found an excellent guide online for generating those kinds of images on the computer using Inkscape, a program which I downloaded and indeed am using right now. I hope to have my first avatar completed soon.

I have known the Forums existed almost as long as I've been reading the comics but never paid much attention. Earlier this week, on another RP forum where I use an image of Vaarsuvius as my avatar, a member sent me a PM commenting on the fact that she, too, reads the comics. Starting a conversation about gaming, she mentioned the roleplaying that takes place here, which surprised me; I hadn't known that there was RPing here. Between exams I began checking this place out, and I just joined today.

But I digress. Hey, GitP Forums; I hope to be around here for a long while.

Logan Wyles
2008-05-23, 12:34 AM
Well, here goes...
I bet everyone thinks that...

Any who... I created this alter ego, Logan Wyles, because our PbP DM thinks its cool for our characters to post as those who we are, in this case, my character, Logan Wyles...

This is my only active account anymore, since i really have no recollection the last time I signed in the with old ones, nor if my e-mail account it is set up with even exists...

But listen to me rant... I digress... I will be wandering the multiverse that is the GiantITP Forums... so feel free to say HI or to just drop me a line...

Have fun all, and g'day~:smallbiggrin:

Qualia
2008-05-23, 08:59 AM
Hello

Long time reader of OotS, now thinking of joining a play by post so thought I should register. Hope to speak with some of you soon.

The Gremlin
2008-05-23, 05:45 PM
Hello. I is Gremlin kobald. VERY powerful. No is make me mad! Or else I is hit you with pointy sticks and make things go BOOM! :smallmad:

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-23, 05:48 PM
Hello, the Gremlin. We, among other things, appreciate a proper and correct English. We hope to have you with us for a long time (we need you for... experiments).

The Gremlin
2008-05-23, 05:52 PM
Hello, the Gremlin. We, among other things, appreciate a proper and correct English. We hope to have you with us for a long time (we need you for... experiments).Great. Second post, and I is already worried. :smalleek:

ocultado
2008-05-23, 10:41 PM
Hello :)

Fairly new reader of OotS (As in...4 months ago) Silly me didn't check out the forum when I was introduced to the comic. :smallsigh:

I promise to do better. :biggrin:

Lycan 01
2008-05-23, 10:59 PM
Welcome, new people. Gremlin, you have nothing to worry about. I joined during the hey-day of Organ Harvesting, and I am now a Halfling and an active member of the site. Again, you have nothing to worry about... And no, I'm not trying to lure you into a false sense of security... :smalltongue:

And hello to you, too, ocultado. :smallsmile:

Julianna
2008-05-24, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone that has just discovered the forums of OOTS:smallbiggrin: I want to say hello cuz I'm new!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-25, 07:49 AM
Remember, if you have any questions, please PM them to myself or any of the other helpful people around. Check out AMEN and HALO in the Town. They're pretty cool.

Atomsized
2008-05-25, 08:29 AM
Hi everyone, long time forum lurker and OOTS reader, i've finally came to the decision to making an account. I mostly made one to contribute some artwork from time to time. :smallwink:

Well, at any rate, hope to see everyone around.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-25, 11:56 AM
Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Visit the arts&Crafts section for a custom-made OOTS style avatar, which is stickied, so at the top. And the Erf-avatar Request is there also.

Visist SMBG for lots of silly little game fun)
And here for friendly banter(General Discussion, not media though)

Shadrin
2008-05-25, 10:16 PM
Hello. Been reading Erfworld for a while. Read OotS for a while, then sorta stopped, maybe I'll try catching up some day. Been lurking on the forums for a bit. Finally registered when I saw an interesting argument debate. Debates are my weakness, can't avoid interjecting my stance on whatever issue is at hand.

Hope to eventually clash logic with you all, as nowhere but on the field of battle is true respect gained.

Vorpal Soda
2008-05-26, 12:53 PM
Hello everyone, I used to be a lurker here for quite some time, and have just recently decided to actually register here and occasionally post.

MasterVerhoffin
2008-05-26, 02:10 PM
Hey everyone! I'm a longtime lurker and OotS fan who's finally decided to register due to the inevitable demise of the WotC boards. I look forward to being an active participant in this community, and I'll be posting some of my own homebrew creations up as soon as I revise them.

Thanks all, and see ya around the forums

Raider
2008-05-26, 07:05 PM
Well hello there sir, enjoy your stay and play nicely on the playground

Arcadius798
2008-05-26, 09:54 PM
hey there! i've actually been on this site for about a year now, mostly reading OOTS, but also looking through the gaming articles that rich burlew, keith baker and other great minds of giants in the playground. i'm now just glad to see i can bring my opinion of order of the stick to people other than my friends.

Phase
2008-05-26, 10:50 PM
Welcome! All new members! Please keep your arms, legs, tails, wings, and any other appendages inside the vehicle at all times! Emergency exits are non-existant, as this is the internet! Thank you, come again!

If you have any questions, feel free to private message me!

SummerStorms
2008-05-26, 11:16 PM
Is this thing on? :smallbiggrin:

Hi, I'm here!

Marbles
2008-05-27, 03:30 AM
Hi... I never know what to say in these welcome things...

llamamushroom
2008-05-27, 06:56 AM
Greetings and salutations! Verily I am a newcomer to this strange land.

Sorry, I just wanted to be different. ANyway, I finally joined because my friend has been pressuring me to do so for ages - he wants me to have extra input for my DM-ing sessions.

Yes, you do, Zoot. Don't bother arguing.

Cookbook
2008-05-27, 09:25 AM
Hello everyone!

I've been reading the comic for years now. All my friends kept quoting Oots during our gaming sessions so I decided to find out what's all the fuzz about. I've been hooked ever since.

When the comic started to update slower my I began to explore the forums instead. After months of intence reading I finaly registered to answer a question on the Oots Quiz (all those times I have re-read the archives finaly paid off)

Who knows, mayby I start posting on the friendly barter section also. Anyway, the community spirit seems to be better here than any other internet foorum I have seen. (allthough I have only little experience on others)

Ps. Excuse my bad grammar, I'm not native speaker:smallsmile:

PlatinumJester
2008-05-27, 12:15 PM
Hiya, I'm back after a long absence due to being put on report at school and deciding to spend more time working than being here. Anyway exams are practically over and I'm off report next term so I've decided to return.

The Gremlin
2008-05-27, 02:53 PM
Hello everyone!

I've been reading the comic for years now. All my friends kept quoting Oots during our gaming sessions so I decided to find out what's all the fuzz about. I've been hooked ever since.

When the comic started to update slower my I began to explore the forums instead. After months of intence reading I finaly registered to answer a question on the Oots Quiz (all those times I have re-read the archives finaly paid off)

Who knows, mayby I start posting on the friendly barter section also. Anyway, the community spirit seems to be better here than any other internet foorum I have seen. (allthough I have only little experience on others)

Ps. Excuse my bad grammar, I'm not native speaker:smallsmile:Welcome, Cookbook The accent is fine. We're on a forum, it's practically a rule to have bad grammar. :smallsigh:

The Gremlin
2008-05-27, 03:00 PM
Hello everyone!

Ps. Excuse my bad grammar, I'm not native speaker:smallsmile:Welcome, Cookbook The accent is fine. We're on a forum, it's practically a rule to have bad grammar. :smallsigh:

micanna
2008-05-28, 08:47 AM
Hey.

So sorta like the guy above, I started checking the website more when the comics update became random, and as a side effect ended up lurking the forum. Now I've signed up because I've got a lot of free time ahead of me and need something to fill it with.

Anyway yeah I'm a big webcomic, fantasy and anime fan. Not so much D&D, mainly because I used to take being self conscience to such a degree that I was to embarrassed to get into it.

Anyway hey.

anixoxo
2008-05-28, 12:43 PM
hello there. i'm new.

but not for long.. good to meet you all!

Adrou
2008-05-28, 06:24 PM
Hi all!!!
(I was wondering how you post up your avatar. If you know, please reply.)

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-28, 07:13 PM
Welcome, Cookbook The accent is fine. We're on a forum, it's practically a rule to have bad grammar. :smallsigh:

Wrong. Here in the playground, we pride ouselves on being polite, with proper grammar for all native speekers, and those who aren't to give it their best shot.
We're pretty much the nicest place on the interwebz you'll ever see.

Anyways, welcome. If you have questions, drop me a PM and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Copacetic
2008-05-28, 07:47 PM
Hi all!!!
(I was wondering how you post up your avatar. If you know, please reply.)

It's probably hanging somewhere around the forum rules, I suggest checking those out strongly. But I'll tell you anyway. Click User CP in the top left hand corner of the brown bar at the top of the page. Then click edit options on your middle left and scroll to the bottom.

Uncle Festy
2008-05-28, 08:07 PM
Wrong. Here in the playground, we pride ouselves on being polite, with proper grammar for all native speekers, and those who aren't to give it their best shot.
We're pretty much the nicest place on the interwebz you'll ever see.

Preach it, leader of this Womb Liberation Day!
Oh, and if anyone needs me, they can drop me a PM too. :smallbiggrin:

mentatzarkon
2008-05-29, 12:40 PM
Greets all, I'm new to the forum but a veteran of the comic. I realized that when you start to feel personally invested in the tribulations of a collection of DnD based characters, it's time to join a forum!

So my question, to all of you who've read the additional materials, Start of Darkness and all that, are they worth shelling out the dough?

cheers
-David

Jack Daley
2008-05-29, 04:48 PM
I was introduced to The Order Of The Stick last week. With the holiday weekend things were slow at work and I've read all 559 strips to bring me current.

I enjoyed each of them immensely. My favorite character is Belkar.

:smallyuk:

Silence
2008-05-29, 05:40 PM
well, I'm a long time fan of OOTS, and I decided to register for the forum...

I personally don't like larger places; I stick to forums that usually have 0-2 people on at a time, but I'm interested in this place.

User Name
2008-05-30, 02:04 AM
Hello, everyone.

Ionizer
2008-05-30, 05:10 AM
Hello, I'm new and thought this would be as good a place as any for my first post. Also, OotS Rules!

Wish
2008-05-30, 10:49 AM
Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi

I am new to GiantITP.com forums, I've loved OOTS for a year since I saw it in Dragon magazine for the first time, I googled it and eventually got many strips, jpegs and results. All very funny. I like gaming, but can be quite fussy !

I like the GiantITP.com site and seems easy... I love it

I would love to join the adventure with the Order of the Stick.

Al.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-30, 03:27 PM
So my question, to all of you who've read the additional materials, Start of Darkness and all that, are they worth shelling out the dough?

cheers
-David

It depends. If you absolutely must now everything ther is to know about the OotS, then yes.

If not, check how much shipping is, and go from there.

TRM
2008-05-31, 07:33 AM
Welcome everyone! :smallsmile:

I'll extend the same offer as Shas'aia Toriia: If you have any questions you can go ahead and shoot me a PM.

Krinn
2008-05-31, 11:52 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm new here, from Italy :smallsmile:
I read OOTS in 3 days and it's amazing! So I thought to subscribe here and join the community! :smallbiggrin:

Wish
2008-05-31, 06:41 PM
hi Krinn I am pretty new too. Italy, I am from UK.

The boards seem okay, a lot of talking and creative flux. Its good.

$name
2008-05-31, 08:48 PM
Hi all

Been reading OOTS for a while, and I decided I might as well register here. Couldn't think of a name, so I made it a variable.

Ireillia Briony
2008-05-31, 10:06 PM

Hellooooo!

Super_mad09
2008-06-01, 12:06 AM
Hi I'm Super_Mad09! And I do mean super mad!:smallfurious:

P.Mina
2008-06-01, 12:11 AM
Hello People in The Playground, I'm P.Mina:smallbiggrin: I'm a very happy person.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-01, 12:43 AM
*hugs*...hello, everyone, and welcome!

...if you need anything, just ask me for help! :smallsmile:

Jasmine Rhadix
2008-06-01, 04:44 AM
Hi everyone!

I've read this comic (and played DnD) for about three years now, ever since my older brother (also a member of these forums) introduced me.

Now, he's gotten me to sign up, and I have to say, I'm glad. It is SO nice to finally find a forum where people are polite, and where people respect other people.

Thanks for having such a nice place!:smallsmile:

Fruchtkracher
2008-06-01, 09:01 AM
hi guys!
greetings from germany!! i just love oots and finally decided registering should be a right thing to do.
so here i am^^so...urm...hi guys^^ :smallredface:

CarpeGuitarrem
2008-06-01, 01:44 PM
Well, I'm here...and now that I've been following OOTS for a while...heck, I might as well register.

NinjaHippy
2008-06-01, 06:21 PM
Howdy all. Not really new to the forums- I've been posting sporadically for a year or so- but recently re-registered under a different account name.

So, yeah. Hi.

Blackmore
2008-06-01, 06:59 PM
Hi..... Well, this would be my second acount here. Yeah, not much to say.

Tuberculosis
2008-06-01, 08:18 PM
Hi... This is also my second account. Decided to start over. :smallsmile:

Tuberculosis
2008-06-01, 08:20 PM

Copacetic
2008-06-01, 08:41 PM

Excuse me, but, why?

Also, welcome back.

Tuberculosis
2008-06-01, 08:43 PM
Sorry 'bout the double/triple post.
I'm not sure why I started over... :smallfrown:

Copacetic
2008-06-01, 08:48 PM
If you had a reputation, mabye. But sure, whatever flies with you. Welcome back, agan.:smallsmile:

A Soporific
2008-06-02, 11:44 AM
I was told saying "hello" here was manditory.

So I do it with protest while under duress.

Thiefree
2008-06-02, 03:03 PM
Hello hello! This is quite an intimidating thread, I wonder if anybody reads it? Well, whether they do or not, I'm here now.

My real name's a highly guarded secret (and also Anna), and I've been reading OOTS for... well... since Haley's speech got scrambled; I forget when that was. Then I dove through the archives like a delighted swimming bunny rabbit. Indeed.

:smallsmile: So in conclusion: yeah, hi.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-02, 03:48 PM
Hello hello! This is quite an intimidating thread, I wonder if anybody reads it? Well, whether they do or not, I'm here now.

My real name's a highly guarded secret (and also Anna), and I've been reading OOTS for... well... since Haley's speech got scrambled; I forget when that was. Then I dove through the archives like a delighted swimming bunny rabbit. Indeed.

Hello, Secret Person Who Is Also Anna! ...wait. I think I messed that up somehow. :smallconfused:

I have hereby read your post and responed to it. Take that! :smalltongue:

...swimming bunnies? Cute! :smallsmile:

Dihan
2008-06-02, 04:20 PM

Hi!

Yay for more Welshpersons! We shall rule the world! Mwahahaha! :smallamused:

That's if you're Welsh... I can't remember the last time I went to Cardiff...

Thiefree
2008-06-03, 04:51 AM
I'm not Welsh, along with most people in Cardiff so I shall fit right in. I'm technically moving there on Saturday. Yay!

Dihan
2008-06-03, 04:57 AM
I'm not Welsh, along with most people in Cardiff so I shall fit right in. I'm technically moving there on Saturday. Yay!

Ah well... Too good to be true. I'll have to postpone the invasion now! :smallsigh:

Phuein
2008-06-03, 01:02 PM
*Raises eyebrow*
"Page 51... Oh! Page 72!!"

Oh well. I just wanted to say: "Hello.", and share how much I love The Order ^_^ Excellent material. Brilliant. Thank you!

GhosTim15
2008-06-03, 08:25 PM
Hiya! I'm new here! I love OotS!

Lady Ouroboros
2008-06-04, 06:16 AM
Top o' the morning to all!

Having avidly devoured the archives of Order of the Stick and lurked silent and nameless in the Dominic Deegan snark thread (seriously, that thing is gold), I have decided to emerge from the shadows!

So yeah. Hi.

Dihan
2008-06-04, 06:20 AM
If you could all please form an orderly queue while we wait for the organ harvesting to commence.

Thank you, and have a nice visit. :smallbiggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-04, 08:48 AM
Top o' the morning to all!

Having avidly devoured the archives of Order of the Stick and lurked silent and nameless in the Dominic Deegan snark thread (seriously, that thing is gold), I have decided to emerge from the shadows!

So yeah. Hi.

Love the name. That is all. >.>

*tackle-hugs and runs off*

The Gremlin
2008-06-04, 10:08 AM
Love the name. That is all. >.>

*tackle-hugs and runs off*

A cobra tackle-hugs?:smallconfused:

Dihan
2008-06-04, 11:15 AM
A cobra tackle-hugs?:smallconfused:

Of course, what else do you expect it to do, bite you? :smallsigh:

Thiefree
2008-06-04, 11:49 AM
Tackle-hugs, along with all hugs ever, are amazing. Even Cobras know this.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-04, 11:51 AM

...Thiefree, I think I love you. :smallwink: *snuggles*

If any pixies are confused by the cobra, read the sig, or stick around a bit, and get to know me better. Friendly Banter's my hangout. :smallsmile:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-06-04, 04:26 PM
Welcome to any new members! PM me if you have a question!

Alsok, Cobra, the card in your sig is far too overpowered. Its like Yosei, the Morning Star every turn. Far too powerful. And it only costs 3, too.

kalobos
2008-06-04, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone! glad to be here on the GITP forums.. the reason i decided to join the forums is to ask if anyone knows where i can find "The Duke's Wolf, Part One" ?? I have no bloody idea where it is and I have read the rest of the story but would love to discover the origin. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Also I'm wondering if I could be instructed how to change myself from
"Pixie in the playground" to something slightly less effinate. Again any help would be appreciated. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2008-06-05, 08:47 AM
On your Pixie title, check out the rules at the top of the page (everyone should do this, by the way, everyone), and a recent question on titles in the Boards Issues forum.
On "The Duke's Wolf", I don't know what that is, but if it's a book or movie, try starting a thread in Media, if it's a game try Gaming (other games), if it's a D&D or other d20 related thing try Gaming (d20).

Welcome all. :smallsmile:

BRC
2008-06-05, 08:49 AM
On your Pixie title, check out the rules at the top of the page (everyone should do this, by the way, everyone), and a recent question on titles in the Boards Issues forum.
On "The Duke's Wolf", I don't know what that is, but if it's a book or movie, try starting a thread in Media, if it's a game try Gaming (other games), if it's a D&D or other d20 related thing try Gaming (d20).
Welcome all. :smallsmile:
Look over at the sidebar Serp, The Dukes Wolf is a ] great story that is hosted on this very site. You actually have to clikc on the Stories section to get to Part One though, for some reason i'ts below part Four but above part 3.

Serpentine
2008-06-05, 08:51 AM
<.<

Oh yeah.

Kalabos, it's over there <-- :smallwink:

Popuri
2008-06-05, 10:42 AM
'ello everybody.

Been reading this comic a while, and to my shame only just noticed the forum link on the side after a year. :smalleek:

Sterling7
2008-06-05, 08:46 PM
Hello, everyone. As a gamer since the age of eight (decades ago, now), OOTS has been a great delight. Looking forward to the forums.

B.I.T.T.
2008-06-05, 11:56 PM
Hello,

This is my first post. It is NOT my first Post Toastie, because not only is this not a Post Toastie, nor would it be my first one if it was because I've had at least one. I'll be right back I'm going to go make a pot of coffee.

Okay, I'm back. Anyway I ran into an Order of the Stick book at my local gaming store, read almost the entire thing without buying it, felt guilty for not buying it, bought it, read the entire thing, got hooked, went out and bought the sequel, got even more hooked, bought the prequels, got some more coffee, read the Start of Darkness, got even more hookeder, got even more coffee, read Origin of PC's, wasn't that much more hooked then I already was before (hook peek?), surfed the internet, found this website, read the rest of the series, got even more coffee, decrypted Haley's cryptograms, got really frustrated doing it, got even more coffee, read some of the posts in the forum and signed up.

(Behind in the Times)

tina888
2008-06-06, 08:15 AM
Hello,everybody !!!
Who play the Age of Conan game ??

ianus
2008-06-06, 09:14 AM
hello! new here, dnd & oots fan, looking forward to reading all the interesting posts and threads!:smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2008-06-06, 11:18 AM
Welcome to everybunny!
PM me if you need anything!
… including an avatar.

Purple Dragon
2008-06-06, 01:07 PM
Growf.

(Greetings and salutations to all - especially to those old-schoolers who recognize the Purple Dragon. And I ain't talking about anyone from Cormyr!) ;)

Serpentine
2008-06-06, 11:40 PM
=O
Bagse Purple Dragon's new oots avi!
...you know, if he wants one <.<

Exhibits A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L and M:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/bahamut2.gif
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/bahamut1.gif
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/quetzalcoatavatarl.gifhttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/seaserpentav2.gifhttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/seaserpent.gif
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/dragonsteak.gifhttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/tiamatreq.gifhttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Okami.gif
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/fuzgrndrac-1.gifhttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/dragonlady-1.gifhttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/dracoviking.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/chinesedragon.gif
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/steveirwindragon.jpg

Interested? =D

BRC
2008-06-06, 11:48 PM
Serp, stop showing off for the pixies.

Serpentine
2008-06-06, 11:52 PM
Not showing off! Advertising, displaying my wares, letting him know what he'll be getting if he wants one...

QUIT PICKING ON ME! DX

katkin
2008-06-07, 10:17 AM

*is entranced by Serpentine's pictures* we dont got nuthin' like that back home! :smallbiggrin:

Kidding aside, those rock! You are very talented

So technically I am new but David Argall argued with a point I made on the 'I don't agree with Rich' thread, so you know. I'm officially a member...

The Gremlin
2008-06-07, 11:11 AM

Bah, I'm due for halfling soon...you don't get to be a Paizonian Lord of the Board without learning some tricks...like talking about your post count :smallwink:

Austran
2008-06-07, 11:21 AM
Greetings, everyone!
Here I am, posting my first post.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-06-07, 11:29 AM
Hello, everyone. Remember, you can always PM nearly any members of this community if you have questions.
We're happy to help! :smallsmile:

ZipZipskins
2008-06-07, 02:43 PM
Holy cripes! I'm new!

...but have been a lurker for a while. I just finally got around to posting something.

AMJ
2008-06-07, 04:08 PM
Hi there

I also just stopped lurking

Roland St. Jude
2008-06-07, 05:02 PM
Welcome former lurkers! Have fun as a poster. There are lots of fun conversations to join (and PbP games, too, if you like that kind of thing!) :smallsmile:

Oregano
2008-06-07, 05:25 PM
Hi guys, don't be shy, just jump right in everyone'll love ya. By the way, if you want a customised avatar for you just go to the request thread, everyony would be happy to make you one, plus I have time to make them for the next few days. If you jsut want to talk feel free to PM me or add me to MSN.

Mordokai
2008-06-07, 05:40 PM
Hello, everyone. Remember, you can always PM nearly any members of this community if you have questions.
We're happy to help! :smallsmile:

And we don't even bite. Well, not too much anyway. I'm sure you can miss a few toes here and there :smallsmile:

Welcome to every new member. Enjoy your stay.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-07, 05:52 PM
And we don't even bite. Well, not too much anyway. I'm sure you can miss a few toes here and there :smallsmile:

Welcome to every new member. Enjoy your stay.

Speak for yourself! I've been known to bite frequently!

...yeah...that didn't sound at all like it was supposed to...

Anywho, welcome one and all!

Griever
2008-06-07, 08:43 PM
Yeah... you might want to watch out for Cristo, he tends to wind up causing rampant destruction and what-not. But that's besides the point, welcome!

TehSheen
2008-06-07, 09:18 PM
Hi, I just joined :). I also have high intreast in WW games and that sort of thing :)

Uncle Festy
2008-06-07, 10:12 PM
Welcome, TehSheen! It's always good to get new blood to randomly slaughter on day one in the WereWolf community.
… I mean, new blood to shake up the games! Yes!… yes, that's it…
:smallwink:

Phase
2008-06-07, 10:50 PM
I mean, new blood to shake up the games! Yes!… yes, that's it…

Note: Members of Giant in the Playground Forums have been known to drink blood James Bond style. If you, or anyone you know, drink blood in this matter, please contact a doctor immediatly. Side effects include: Death, dying, lurking, drinking of blood, and anaphylactic shock in 100% of cases. For Erections lasting longer than four hours, please...

Fathergia
2008-06-08, 12:30 AM
I'm new to this site so hi

honeysmudge
2008-06-08, 08:55 AM
Also new to the forum, so a very n00b hi.

Oregano
2008-06-08, 09:01 AM
Hi guys, hope you have fun on he forums, everybody's friends so don't be shy and just talk to people, nobody's going to ignore you.

Gorb
2008-06-08, 09:54 AM
Hi, I'm new here, and . . . . well, that's about it :D

And no, I won't run around screaming about 4ed just yet, give me a coupla posts first :)

nataka
2008-06-08, 02:00 PM
Remember Ozymand1as? I'm the same guy, but I seem to have lost all information aboot myself. So, I'm back after 1 year of absence and hope that we can get along as well as we did before.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-08, 02:05 PM
Yeah... you might want to watch out for Cristo, he tends to wind up causing rampant destruction and what-not. But that's besides the point, welcome!

Only on the weekdays! :smallfrown: I've got the heart of a young boy, honest!

...in a jar on my desk...

For those interested in WW games, you'll definitely want to peruse this thread: Werewolf Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55990). It's the catch all for those wanting advice and wanting to know when the next games start.

Sickle
2008-06-09, 04:27 PM
Hello.

I played through a few 2ed Campaigns and I'm currently DM'ing a private 4ed one so I thought I would browse around and join a few other campaigns to keep my self busy.

That wraps that up.

Lord Omberous
2008-06-10, 02:22 PM
Hey, I'm new. Though I'd stop in, but I don't have much to say...

Haruki-kun
2008-06-10, 03:18 PM
Hey, I'm new. Though I'd stop in, but I don't have much to say...

Nonsense! We're glad to have you around! Welcome to all new members!

Here, let me direct you to the Random Banter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81626) Thread if you feel like just talking. Be sure to read the rules first. :smallwink:

Have fun!

Phase
2008-06-10, 09:27 PM
Be sure to read the rules first. :smallwink:

Have fun!

Or, rather:

Have fun within proper limits!

:smallwink:

grumpyboater
2008-06-11, 07:42 AM
Hello. Good morning, afternoon, evening, night.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-06-11, 09:25 PM
Note: Members of Giant in the Playground Forums have been known to drink blood James Bond style. If you, or anyone you know, drink blood in this matter, please contact a doctor immediatly. Side effects include: Death, dying, lurking, drinking of blood, and anaphylactic shock in 100% of cases. For Erections lasting longer than four hours, please...

Phase just gained another 7.13 awesome points.

MsValkyrie
2008-06-12, 05:48 PM
Hi!

Um... I'm new and I hate intro posts. I never know what to say in them. :smallsmile:

aragorn1398
2008-06-12, 06:38 PM
Yo pplz im new 2 the forums, but i've been playing DnD 4 about 3 years and i have been reading OOTS for about a year.

So...HI! :smallbiggrin::biggrin::belkar:

Stupendous_Man
2008-06-13, 05:53 AM
yeah, i'm kinda like that too ^^;

friend who's visiting me got me to sign up. said it'd be fun for me.

go easy on me, please!

Galadonel
2008-06-13, 08:57 AM
'Ellou! I'm thrilled with OOTS so I finaly decided to register. Hope I'll enjoy talking with you ppls!

Timothy
2008-06-14, 12:07 PM
Hi, new to the forum. My name's Timothy, and I've been reading for oh, about six months, but haven't psoted before. I'm an Australian (actually Serpentine seems to sort-of share employers with me if I have understood her posts correctly) and I'm speaking up so that if there's a GenConOz meet I can get involved.

I game. (Mostly Ars Magica) I write games. (Ditto).

Tyrrell
2008-06-14, 02:13 PM
Hi, new to the forum. My name's Timothy, and I've been reading for oh, about six months, but haven't posted before. I'm an Australian (actually Serpentine seems to sort-of share employers with me if I have understood her posts correctly) and I'm speaking up so that if there's a GenConOz meet I can get involved.

I game. (Mostly Ars Magica) I write games. (Ditto).
Timothy is being pretty modest, he's written a not insubstantial portion of what I believe to be the best parts of fifth edition Ars Magica.

TRM
2008-06-14, 05:35 PM
Welcome everyone!

While you're here, just remember that we are the Nicest Pl4ce on the Interwebz!!!
Don't be shy, come post and have fun; we're happy to have you here.

:smile:

Kyla Davan
2008-06-14, 09:29 PM
Hi! I've been reading OOTS for quite some time, and have only recently noticed this here forum.

Serpentine
2008-06-15, 12:03 AM
I'm an Australian (actually Serpentine seems to sort-of share employers with me if I have understood her posts correctly) and I'm speaking up so that if there's a GenConOz meet I can get involved.Oooo. Let me guess, you're a librarian/library assistant? Where? I think I'll go resurrect that GenConOz thread...

StormingMarcus
2008-06-15, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone!
I am an italian great D&D fan (and player, obviously).
I have been lurking here from some time, and I finally chose to subscribe because of greatest 3.75 "amateur" editions posted here!!

Theogrin
2008-06-16, 06:51 PM
A good evening to you all!

I go by the name 'Theogrin', occasionally 'Theogrin Haphand', and needless to say, I'm a long time reader of the comic, short time forum member, and a crazy person for all other cases. Well, nearly all, anyway. I play ATITD, and read far too many webcomics to count - but this is one of my favorites, if not the most. As for the rest...you aren't entirely cleared for that information, citizens.

Here's hoping I might become active here, and hope you all might tolerate my presence amongst yourselves. Good luck there, is all I'm saying!

And wonderful to meet you all.

Garphor Drinfan
2008-06-17, 11:58 AM
I always hate being new, :smallsigh:its so weird

Even more so since I am the NEWEST:smallfurious:.

Deploy
2008-06-17, 04:37 PM
Hello all! I am the Psuedo-Dreadlord: Deploy!
Sure I'm evil and was created in the lower depths of "Heck"
but really, I'm a nice guy! The only reason I'm trying to take
over the world anyways is because everybody else that runs
the joint is a complete idiot and I'm not! That and I'm a
Psuedo-Dreadlord so I have to have some evil purpose and
taking over Jupiter seemed so lame!

Oregano
2008-06-17, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone, welcome to th boards hope yous have a nice stay and get involved with everything. There's no problem with being new, we were all new at some point.

Syme
2008-06-18, 08:19 PM
Hi all. New member here. Is there a way to preview the avatars to see them while choosing them, or do you need to see them in a post after changing them ?

Phase
2008-06-18, 11:09 PM
Phase just gained another 7.13 awesome points.

Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to Giant in the Playground! Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions! Have fun!

-Phase

Serpentine
2008-06-18, 11:46 PM
Hi all. New member here. Is there a way to preview the avatars to see them while choosing them, or do you need to see them in a post after changing them ?You used to be able to, but they took it away. You don't need to make a new post each time, though, as it changes every time.

Eldariel
2008-06-19, 05:46 AM
While I probably don't count as "new" in regards of time spent here, I've never actually visited any of these threads.

Soo, good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome aboard. This is a greeting from user Eldariel, which isn't going anywhere any time soon. Safety procedures bla bla bla, you can find the 'X' for emergency exit in the top right corner of your browser.

Few words - OotS forced me to make an account here just to praise its brilliance (incidentially, I first happened to read "Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion"-arc) and being a d20 player at heart, the d20 forums were too alluring to avoid. Now I'm rather hopelessly hooked to this whole website and hoping to "make my time".

So there; I'm Eldariel and I seem to have a problem. Nice to meet you all.

Syme
2008-06-19, 07:49 AM
You used to be able to, but they took it away. You don't need to make a new post each time, though, as it changes every time.

Thanks, Serpentine :smallsmile:

afelias
2008-06-19, 10:06 AM
Hello, I've been reading OOTS since 484 came out, but i made a forum acct and started looking here recently. I'm afelias and I like OOTS, SMBC comics, KoL, and other stuff

seraphimovic
2008-06-19, 06:43 PM
hello, i'm seraph (well, apparently this name was taken so i went for the long version), i'm 22, i'm from romania and i am addicted to OoTS:smallbiggrin:
currently busy finishing university but after i get over that i hope to give these forums a good read. see you around.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-06-20, 07:02 AM
Helloz again. Remember, if you have questions, just drop anybody a PM and we'll answer as soon as we can. :smallsmile:

Mouse Anderson
2008-06-20, 06:22 PM
Just like to say hello and thanks for the best comic on the web:smallbiggrin:
As a older gamer I'm thrilled to see so much intrest still in the "art".

FellJulepAttack
2008-06-22, 12:42 AM
Hello, anybody who cares! Nice to meet you!

JSilan
2008-06-22, 10:37 AM
Hello, new guy here, although I've discovered OotS about a year ago. One of my favorite webcomics (with xkcd, Ctrl-Alt-Del and others).

MongoMongo07313
2008-06-22, 09:37 PM
hey, just seeing if this works!

Wiewelt
2008-06-23, 03:25 AM
Hey.
After reading this crazy comic for about a year now I've been sufficiently moved to join up formally and say, "I love this comic!".
I'm hoping immersion deeper into this rich environment will help me finish writing a rpg story I've had simmering for years.
Well, that's it for hellos. See you all around like so many rissoles.

Jamfalcon
2008-06-23, 05:37 PM
Hello,

I just finished reading OOTS for the first time so I decided to join the forums.

Oregano
2008-06-23, 05:50 PM
Hello new members, hope you have a fun time here and become productive members of this society.

If you need anything feel free to PM me(or more-or-less anyone we're all nice and helpful here).

Serpentine
2008-06-24, 12:52 AM
Hello, anybody who cares! Nice to meet you!Awww, I feel special ^_^ Hi! *waves*
:smalltongue:

Rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1)
Custom avatars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589) or adopting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936).

Questions about the site. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
Check out the Iron Avatarist Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37653) and make all my hard work worthwhile.

Coke_Can64
2008-06-24, 07:39 AM
Hey everyone!

New on the forums but old with the comic... (Well, #400 or so, I'm not THAT old! :smalltongue:)

Anyway, also testing my Avatar and Sig...

Again, Hi!

*Runs out of the room waving barely avoiding a wall*

hexblot
2008-06-24, 07:58 AM
Greetings and salutations :P

been reading OOTS for... well, long, don't remember exactly HOW long, and thought I'd step up and join in :)

Grotboss
2008-06-24, 12:48 PM
Hi Everyone!

Defenestrator
2008-06-26, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone!
I've been reading the comic for a while and just decided yesterday to join the forums. I certainly hope this community is as friendly as some of the other ones I've been to!

The Gremlin
2008-06-26, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone!
I've been reading the comic for a while and just decided yesterday to join the forums. I certainly hope this community is as friendly as some of the other ones I've been to!

Don't hope it's friendly. Hope it's relatively sane.
...unlike a certain Paizo board I post on... :smallbiggrin:

Falconer Lombar
2008-06-26, 06:09 PM
Hello, joined just a few minutes ago and have read the comic for over a year. Looking forward to have some fun with the community!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-27, 08:01 AM
Hello and welcome new members. I'd certainly go to all the links Serpentine posted!

Defenestrator, this is the nicest place on the internet. You have my word on that.

The Gremlin : Friendly? Yes. Sane? No.

Castaras
2008-06-27, 08:03 AM
Hello all!

Enjoy your time here. If someone offers you a pie made by me, do not eat it. Just a friendly warning. :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Now go have some fun in SMBG, darnit! :smallamused:

xxragdollxx
2008-06-27, 12:36 PM
hi. i'm new. i'm from ontario in canada :smallcool:

...whats a "pixie" ???

DraPrime
2008-06-27, 12:39 PM
Welcome ragdoll! Good to see that you have a funny avatar.

xxragdollxx
2008-06-27, 12:42 PM
ya haha...

what's a pixie? :smalleek:

Spiryt
2008-06-27, 12:43 PM
hi. i'm new. i'm from ontario in canada :smallcool:

...whats a "pixie" ???

Pixie is a small form of elf or other fairy which features...

Ok, more seriously it means that you have 49 or less posts.

Hi, anyway!

DraPrime
2008-06-27, 12:47 PM
ya haha...

what's a pixie? :smalleek:

What spiryt said, but I have one thing to add. You won't increase your post count in the SMBG forums, so post elsewhere if you want to increase your post count.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-27, 12:52 PM
And do it while following the forum rules, please.

Welcome aboard!
We're setting sail!
*see Monty Python the meaning of life movie for scene because I can't find youtube link now*

xxragdollxx
2008-06-27, 12:55 PM
yeah I'm one of the people that doesnt care about how many posts I have. I gess I'll stay a pixie :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-27, 01:00 PM
Trust me on this, You'l grow to love this place so much that'l it will grow tremendously.

Keler
2008-06-27, 09:31 PM
Ok im new so to start i post in this form right?

Serpentine
2008-06-28, 05:56 AM
What spiryt said, but I have one thing to add. You won't increase your post count in the SMBG forums, so post elsewhere if you want to increase your post count.Though it is, of course, a carnal sin to post in order to increase your post count/title.

Ragdoll: That's the spirit :smallwink: 'cept for the staying a pixie part... that means you won't post much :smallfrown:

beerbeard
2008-06-28, 10:38 PM
Ach, greetings everyone. I hope to have many an insightful discussion with ye.:smallsmile:

LordDarkBane
2008-06-29, 04:35 AM
Hello everyone, been reading OoTS for a while now, and only just thought of registering on the forums, that being said. Hi ^_^

Spiryt
2008-06-29, 04:43 AM
Hello guys.

Remember - V's gender is : unknown :smallwink:

Grimm_Wulfjager
2008-06-29, 12:06 PM
hows it going everyone?:smallbiggrin:

Lil Hinata
2008-06-29, 08:13 PM
Hello. I am Lil Hinata and I'm new here. You may call me LH if you wish. Hope this will be a good site ^^

Atomsized
2008-06-29, 08:54 PM
Welcome all! :smallbiggrin:
New to the boards?

Try your hand at drawing at the Arts and Crafts section (because you can never have too many artists! :smallwink:)

Or maybe stopped by to discuss your latest OOTS?

Whatever it is, you probably find it somewhere in these forums! :smallbiggrin:

Mystery Meep
2008-06-29, 09:13 PM
Hi! I'm new to the forums, though not to gaming, or the comic, or a bunch of other things. So, greetings! Salutations! And I finally get to see what this avatar looks like. Woo!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-30, 02:03 AM
Welcome all!

You'l find this to be the friendliest place on the internet!

The organ harvesting feats have been dis-allowed so you'r safe from those now.

Go to SMBG(down the index) for lots of silly fun!

petamenos
2008-06-30, 04:38 AM
ello every1! iv been reading OOTS the past week, and now im @ 350 page. i do love this comic allthough i have never played DnD yet.:smalleek:

i send my hello from greece to all of you :smallwink:

Jazzpirate
2008-06-30, 07:25 AM
Hey there :cool:

I've been reading every oots-comic twice yet and thought it became time to register here :smile:

MartyCZ
2008-06-30, 01:29 PM
I don't know what to say. I hope "greetings" is enough