PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Lilly
2007-06-28, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the sixth incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

If you are old, feel free to stop by from time to time and welcome the new folks to the playground.

Regardless of your current status, new or old, welcome to the Playground.

(Please do keep non-salutation conversations to a minimum, here, random banter is there for a reason)

DanShive
2007-06-28, 07:03 PM
It is my understanding that I am supposed to be posting in this particular thread in order to properly introduce myself to this specific set of forums, so I am doing so now. With that having been stated, hello! I like Order of the Stick :smallsmile:

The Great Skenardo
2007-06-28, 07:19 PM
Sweet. Most people on the forum do :smallwink:

Welcome to the forum!

zeratul
2007-06-28, 07:22 PM
I'm surprised there have only been six, seems like it would've been around from the start.

Rettu Skcollob
2007-06-28, 07:29 PM
Greetings. Rettu believes that this is the thread at which he is cordially advised to create his inceptive post. Therefore, he has done that.

(Still talking in third person. Blast.)

Haikiah
2007-06-28, 11:38 PM
A moment of your attention please.
As the thread containing my original greeting appears to have been cast back into the pit of non-stickied post from which it came, I shall now try again....

Hello!

That should suffice. You may now carry on with what you were doing.

:D

Skippy
2007-06-29, 12:32 AM
Hi everyone!!! (Not new, I'm just greeting the new ones here...) Welcome to the Playground!!!

farimu
2007-06-29, 01:01 AM
Hi ALL!!! :D

Locke
2007-06-29, 03:01 AM
Hi everyone.

Nice place here, I hope to stay for a long time ;)

EmeraldRose
2007-06-29, 07:46 AM
A hale and hearty welcome to any new members and old members who have not yet or will soon post or not post to this wonderful Forum! :smallwink:

Now go start posting!! :smallsmile:

*lashes whip*

(Yes, I know right now I'm a dragon, but trust me there's a whip...two actually...)

:smallbiggrin:

Zain_Thorngallow
2007-06-29, 12:28 PM
It is my understanding that I am supposed to be posting in this particular thread in order to properly introduce myself to this specific set of forums, so I am doing so now. With that having been stated, hello! I like Order of the Stick :smallsmile:

First off: Welcome, Dan! Most hearty expressions of greetings and salutations are presented herein! :smallsmile:

Secondly: It is of my humble opinion that EGS is a darned fine comic, which I myself have enjoyed for some time! Keep up the great work therein!

Thirdly: Shouldn't you be, like, working on that... um... right now? The fiendish, ravenous hordes of the internet *are* waiting, their wispy, firey breath baited, greatly anticipating your next story comic wherein they shall gorge themselves on squirrely webcomic goodness! :smalltongue:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-29, 12:32 PM
Hello. *blows trumpet of welcome for all* Enjoy yourself. Cheerio ol' chaps/gals!

trollhammeren
2007-06-29, 07:13 PM
Order of the stick is awesome. My name is from a song of the same name by a finnish band call finntroll. Trollhammeren is swedish for troll hammer. Just thought id say that.

L-G hotdogs
2007-06-30, 02:43 PM
Hey can any one tell me if i can use something i painted in paint as my avatar??

Skippy
2007-06-30, 03:02 PM
Yes you can!!! The only thing is that you have to host it somewhere... I recommend Photobucket, they're really good... And check the size for your image so it isn't too large, because if it is then you won't be able to use it...

Welcome!!!!11!1oneeleven!!!

XiaoTie
2007-06-30, 05:23 PM
I've been reading oots for quite a while, and registred just a few moments ago. Huge Thog fan here :smallbiggrin:

I gotta say, too bad I regret not registring the forums when :miko: was still alive.

Anyway, hello :smalltongue:

Khantalas
2007-06-30, 06:08 PM
First off: Welcome, Dan! Most hearty expressions of greetings and salutations are presented herein! :smallsmile:

Secondly: It is of my humble opinion that EGS is a darned fine comic, which I myself have enjoyed for some time! Keep up the great work therein!

Thirdly: Shouldn't you be, like, working on that... um... right now? The fiendish, ravenous hordes of the internet *are* waiting, their wispy, firey breath baited, greatly anticipating your next story comic wherein they shall gorge themselves on squirrely webcomic goodness! :smalltongue:

And we multiply like bunnies, too, true to our name!

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-01, 02:19 AM
hello all you new members:smallsmile:

have fun and please follow the rules

And khantalas,it would be hard to multiply like bunny´s since you have gender : NO.

Unless you stole some asgard cloning technologie.

But thats not how bunnies multiply......

Arkenputtyknife
2007-07-01, 02:41 PM
New here, just saying hello. And hoping Mr Noguchi doesn't object to my abuse of his artwork for my avatar.

bondious
2007-07-01, 04:32 PM
OH YEAH!!!

Greetings all! I've been reading OOTS for about a year now, having been introduced to it by a friend, and absolutely love it!

thx1138
2007-07-01, 07:01 PM
Hi Everybody.
New to the OOTS. found it three days ago and "wasted" all my time reading all 471 issues. Ooooo Look at me I'm invisible.
THX1138:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

IvoryRaven
2007-07-01, 07:58 PM
Hello, everyone!

I've kind of been lurking at these forums for a while (and reading the comics even longer), but I've finally been persuaded into joining for the sake of participating in discussions and getting feedback on various statting endeavors and generally having fun with fellow gaming geeks. Hopefully this will prove to have been a wise decision.

MagicDance
2007-07-01, 10:27 PM
Hi all! I've been reading OotS for a long while now, and have gotten many a friend into it. Great place here! Everyone is so friendly. :smallbiggrin:

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-01, 11:03 PM
Greetings new people. We've set up a snack bar if you want to help yourself. I made the Rice Krispie squares!

Triggerhappy938
2007-07-02, 12:52 AM
Well, 'ello 'ello! Pleasure to make you collective aquaintences and I look forward to wasting away among your forums.

Capt'n Ironbrow
2007-07-02, 06:03 AM
Hello chaps 'n chicks :smallcool:
I've been reading OOTS for a couple of years now and recently got in to the battle of Gobwin Knob and decided to join the forum as well to write in on these discussions. OOTS is really funny and Gobwin knob is intruiging to me as a former wargamer :)

Gaming wise I regularly play Warhammer Fantasy roleplay. I started with the tabletop game at 14, but now it's just the RPG as both a lawfull Dwarf Military Captain of the multi-cultural (dwarf+human) county of Edo and a Nymphomanic Heroically idiotic Cleric/Witch Hunter of Morr (god off the WFRP-afterlife). I'd say the "insanity" system of WFRP has reverend Hados Ploetos in quite a pickle, but it makes for great roleplayin': He must have sexual intercourse at least once each 3 days and is as of late, completely oblivious to danger which has caused quite some problems, including another partymember going insane as well, gaining a phobia to Clerics of Morr :P.

note, all people of my group have multiple characters but these are never involved in the same plot and only know about each other by word of mouth (other partymembers) if at all.

pelace
2007-07-02, 06:42 AM
Hi guys!

I am not new to the comic, but helluva new for this forum! I really, really love OOTS, and always enjoy reading the forum comments, eventually, watching how they affect the comic itself (or are they?)

I know you must have told this a million times, to other newbies, but pls, can anyone tell me how to make a spoiler?

Mr. Invisible
2007-07-02, 12:19 PM
Hi!
(diplomacy check: 14, not so bad)
I've reading OOTS for a while, but never realized that here is a forum!
Now, I can enjoy eternal and pointless threads about the stats of Belkar or how much XP Roy will loose for being raised from death.

I´m from Chile ( the little worm-like country at the end of South America) , and my english is not very good, so I gladly accept any correction, to make it better.

ufo
2007-07-02, 12:27 PM
Hi!
(diplomacy check: 14, not so bad)
I've reading OOTS for a while, but never realized that here is a forum!
Now, I can enjoy eternal and pointless threads about the stats of Belkar or how much XP Roy will loose for being raised from death.

I´m from Chile ( the little worm-like country at the end of South America) , and my english is not very good, so I gladly accept any correction, to make it better.

Welcominations!

Your English seems fine. Really, you know that "I" should be in upper case when referring to one self (or however you say it the smart way!).

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-02, 12:31 PM
Hello to all *trumpet fanfare*

onasuma
2007-07-02, 12:33 PM
Hello all new peoples!
In responce to pelaces question, you type
Text and pictures etc. go in here and replace the "0"'s with "o"'s

PegLegPeat
2007-07-02, 03:57 PM
I will now make my obligatory "Hello" post and then set off on this new forum Journey.

Hello

/I'm with UFO, end l337 speak.

Penthesilea
2007-07-02, 04:09 PM
Hello Everyone! I just started reading Order of the Stick a couple of weeks ago. I play DnD and like to turn a constructively critical eye on the rules so I enjoy the way OOTS does the same. I have also been reading the Gaming articles on the GITP site and am finding them both interesting and useful.

I have never participated in a forum before so this should be interesting.

LongbowHeadshot
2007-07-02, 10:37 PM
Well, Hi. A friend of mine linked me to OOTS two days ago, so I promptly dropped everything to read through the entire thing. Just linked my brother to it as well. I was thinking about joining the forums, and then I noticed that yinz've got a forum for actual gaming and I had to try it out. It's just impossible to find an actual game here sometimes...one DM was always hard to find and the game died off and the other was out of the country for a year. I'm looking forward to getting to know people, and maybe finding a game to appease my craving for D&D! :smallsmile:

Fourecks
2007-07-03, 04:16 AM
Hi! I've been reading OOTS for a while, but I only noticed the forum just now... Weird...

Anyway it looks really nice and stuff.

Umm.. yeah.

Zephra
2007-07-03, 09:50 AM
yeah, same with me: it took me months to find here-- Welcome

Kalyke
2007-07-03, 02:18 PM
Hello, and salutations.

I've been aware of Order of the Stick for a couple of years, on and off, as one of the five to ten web-based comics I read regularly (other favourites include Count Your Sheep, xkcd and phdcomics), but because of the requirement to do some actual research, I don't usually do the whole forum thing.

Anyway, as a result of reading the gaming articles, and maybe getting back into playing D&D, I decided it might actually be fun to join, and useful too. So, here I am :smallsmile: .

Olorin
2007-07-03, 04:11 PM
Hi everybody!
I've been reading oots and lurking the forum for some time and I finally decided to register today.
Now I can finally squee and talk about the amazing comics, yay!

And welcome to all the other new members too.

Olorin

BelkarIsAGod
2007-07-03, 04:45 PM
Hello all new members! Check out the avatar creation threads.

noxaddo
2007-07-03, 06:23 PM
I joined this forum recently and the Gnomes in my closet said they would leave if I didn't post here. So I am. Hi.:smallsmile: I hope we get along well and that no one ever tries to kill or maim me. Or vice versa.:smallwink:

Skippy
2007-07-04, 12:42 AM
I joined this forum recently and the Gnomes in my closet said they would leave if I didn't post here. So I am. Hi.:smallsmile: I hope we get along well and that no one ever tries to kill or maim me. Or vice versa.:smallwink:

I knew I wasn't the only one with dwarves living in his closet!!! Welcome!!!

Welcome everyone else too!!!

Oh, and don't get your hopes too high on not being killed here...

*Kill*

mudbunny
2007-07-04, 08:06 AM
Hey all!!
I have been reading OOTS for a while know, but never really paid attention to the other stuff int he sidebar until know. Lurked a while, saw some interesting discussion that I would love to be part of, and thought I would register and say hi.

Hi!!

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-04, 11:47 AM
hello all you new members, have fun and please follow the rules.

Olorin its the exact same way I joined.

Kurien
2007-07-04, 10:30 PM
Once a lurker, I have finally mustered the nerve to finally join Giant in the Playground forums. Indeed, this is, in fact, my very first forum (and post). I discovered Order of the Stick back in March (comic 417, I believe) and have been an avid reader since. I must give credit to playing Neverwinter Nights before for the knowledge that allowed me to understand most of the early jokes in the comic. Anyways...

Hello! :smallsmile:

bladewyrm
2007-07-04, 11:25 PM
Hi Everybody!

pacdudeJG
2007-07-05, 01:32 AM
Hey, long time reader, first time member and Poster.

I'm CoackRoachTeaParty's Brother and I hope to get in on some play by posts soon.

I play a mean fighter... that's about it.

I also excel at other fighty classes, swashbuckler, paladin, Crusader... the cool stuff.

I play warforged right... just so you know.

Woo-hoo! I'm finally in baby!

Siwenna
2007-07-05, 01:43 AM
Hi! I've been reading OOTS for several months, but, like many, didn't notice the forum until a few weeks ago. SInce then I've been lurking here pretty regularly, so I figured I should join.

Warshrike
2007-07-05, 01:45 AM
Yo, Wassup. I R Newguy. Newguy R Me.

Hi.

Dragon Rogue
2007-07-05, 04:16 AM
Read OOTS a while back when a friend, (DM) showed me a strip with Haley and her bag of "feminine " products. Stopped for a while, due to loosing the link, and found it recently, bookmarked it and joined the boards today.

Trauco
2007-07-05, 04:48 PM
Hello, glad to be here, i've been a fan of OoTS for a while now, tho i never posted on the forums, i expect to do it on the future :-)

Nalyd
2007-07-05, 08:12 PM
Nalyd speaks in third person. He has a binder full of personalities that he chooses from. He is demented. Bow to him.

Betagold
2007-07-05, 08:22 PM
Hi all! I've been reading OOTS for a few months after hearing it mentioned somewhere, and finally realized that the bars on the side actually do something! I'm in (not so sure anymore since we haven't met in a year or so) a group that has only one rule. New guy plays the tank, which is how my level 1 monk ended up fighting a challenge-rating 3 monster in the middle of a burning field. That one sucked.

DamarGemirad
2007-07-06, 01:27 AM
Hi Folks

I've been reading this comic for ages, the first one I ever saw was the one where Haley bluffed everyone into thinking those pebbles were worth something.

I created an account a while back, but I'm not a regular poster, just wanted to say hi. I've played dnd since the time 3rd edition came out, I'm usually a DM...but I suck at the rules, I just <3 story telling.

Senior In college too, stupid growing up.

FPC
2007-07-06, 05:11 AM
Just testing the avvie. :wink:

Dragonfoxfly
2007-07-06, 05:54 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to say hallo!

obliged_salmon
2007-07-06, 04:06 PM
I'm a gamer, and since all of my gamer friends moved to Seattle, I thought I might poke around online to satisfy those, uh, baser (?) needs of mine.

I just started reading OOTS last month, despite never really getting into webcomics previously.

Obliged salmon make good puppy daddy.

darkmars20
2007-07-06, 04:07 PM
my bro went on this so i decided to join. I read only 80 comic strips so far. so I try to read every day

Bobo Magroto
2007-07-06, 10:39 PM
Hey all, Im Bobo Magroto, Im a spriter and seeing random fourm that would accept sprite/webcomics

Manx
2007-07-07, 09:38 AM
Howdy!

Just a few things...

ahem...

OOTS ROCKS! and, it completely describes my gaming group, as others have also noticed about theirs.

Mirage
2007-07-07, 01:32 PM
Greetings OotS community! I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I've been reading the comic now for several months and decided it was high time I joined the community.

So hello!

Simur
2007-07-07, 03:44 PM
Hello Everyone! I've been reading OOTS since #20 and i decided to join the forum to participate on it (also, i'm boring to death in the office :P).

See ya! :smallcool:

Zar Peter
2007-07-07, 03:49 PM
If you are bored come to the SMBG! We have the best cookies here :smallbiggrin:

And a hello and welcome to all new members!

The Cats
2007-07-07, 04:21 PM
Hi! ... ..

that_guy
2007-07-07, 04:25 PM
Greetings. I too, like many, have read the webcomic that is OotS before realizing that on this fantazintastical website had forums. Lucky for me I have just noticed the forums, so I'll say hello...

Hello, I am that guy.

Greetings aside, I hope to enjoy many hours wasting my time talking to other geeks about geeky stuff that geeks talk about on geektacular geek forums.

And to all you other n00bs; Welcome!

On a side not, I'm not very yummy, so don't try to eat me or anything... :smalleek:

EDIT: Hey lookie (<-), I are a pixie! What be you?

triad38
2007-07-07, 05:14 PM
Greetings. I really like oots. i like this place.:smallamused:

Skippy
2007-07-07, 05:21 PM
Greetings everyone!!! It's so cool to see new faces around!! Hope you have come to stay... And don't worry!! We don't eat people... We just give 'em the old *stab*

*stab newbs*

Lenlalron
2007-07-07, 08:12 PM
Hey. I'm new around here. 22 year old student/industrial engineering intern here. Avid video gamer, roleplayer, etc. I found OOTS around... #100ish, and have been hooked ever since. I even got 3 of my friends to read it!

Looking forward to posting. ;)

Lunar Anubis
2007-07-07, 08:57 PM
Hello, board. I am Lunar Anubis.

Like most other people here, I greatly enjoy this web comic. It's easily my favorite in the 'net. I suppose I am a precise cross-section of the Geek populace. I love D&D and White Wolf. I love Star Trek and Star Wars. I love comic books (DC and Ultimate Marvel ftw). I also love minatures games; I used to play D&D minis, but I gave that up. I currently play Warhammer 40,000, and I have for a short while now. I also, of course, enjoy a good video game. Particularly, I enjoy playing Super Smash Brothers Melee competitively.

The thing that finally made me join this board was the sight of the role-playing section. It is what I have been looking for, and I hope to start up a game there. While I'm here, though, I might as well go to all the other sections. I hope to see some of you there.

Jaxinator
2007-07-08, 12:04 AM
Hola Folks. Not really a new member, but I have been gone almost a year now, and everything has changed...so i feel new.

Nice to see so many new faces (for a given value of "new" of course)

Tlaon
2007-07-08, 01:26 AM
Hello! I found this forum through the comics, and hope to have fun here! :smallbiggrin:

Rose_Mara
2007-07-08, 01:09 PM
<<;;

Hi. My friend had me join this site.

It looks pretty cool ^^

And yeah *wavewave*

blackout
2007-07-08, 01:13 PM
<_< I'm her friend. This is not my girlfriend. You will all fear her.

Vlynndar
2007-07-08, 01:24 PM
Whee! After hanging out on the unofficial IRC room, how could I but join?

I'll make myself an avatar soon!:smallbiggrin:

Tkalac
2007-07-08, 01:31 PM
What's up, people? :o)

Klerik
2007-07-08, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone! :smallsmile: I'm ready to participate in discussion!

KuduzDrHector
2007-07-08, 05:01 PM
Hi all, I've been reading the comic for about 1,5 years, but just registered to the forum. So, see ya around.:smallwink:

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-08, 06:07 PM
Hello to all. Welcome to GitP forums! A word of notice for those participating in forum games: Abide by the three-post rule! You might get banned if you don't! But otherwise, have a fun time in the forums!

The Florist
2007-07-08, 06:36 PM
Hi. I'm new. And I'm beautiful.

GusGusStrumSong
2007-07-08, 07:59 PM
I can never wait for the next one to come...:smallcool:
I read them all in a row. that was about a week a go. it took me about 1 and a half hours to read 100 at a time for 3 days or so.

GusGusStrumSong
2007-07-08, 08:01 PM
oh by the way whats the THREE-POST-RULE!!!?
Is it in a row or just only three total...?
I have a feeling I'm coming dangerously close to finding out... no more posts for me...

EmeraldRose
2007-07-08, 08:12 PM
oh by the way whats the THREE-POST-RULE!!!?
Is it in a row or just only three total...?
I have a feeling I'm coming dangerously close to finding out... no more posts for me...

Not to worry...the Three Post Rule is for the Silly Message Board Games Forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34). It is as follows:

You post. You must then wait for people B, C, and D to post before you can post again.

Like so...

Poster A: Stuff
Poster B: More Stuff
Poster C: Less Stuff
Poster D: And then Stuff
Now Poster A can post stuff again: Stuff

Don't stress..go play and have fun :smallbiggrin:

GusGusStrumSong
2007-07-08, 08:57 PM
Not to worry...the Three Post Rule is for the Silly Message Board Games Forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34). It is as follows:

You post. You must then wait for people B, C, and D to post before you can post again.

Like so...

Poster A: Stuff
Poster B: More Stuff
Poster C: Less Stuff
Poster D: And then Stuff
Now Poster A can post stuff again: Stuff

Don't stress..go play and have fun :smallbiggrin:

okay cool!:smallbiggrin:

Nakun
2007-07-08, 09:27 PM
Ossu! I've been reading OOTS for a while, thanks to my DM and her husband, and thought I might as well come to the forums and chat with people more experienced than myself. I figure that I'm probably one of the younger people here (is only a high school junior.) I guess I'll just have to be more mature around you all and not say things like: n00b, t3h, 1337, roxxors, ROLF MAO, and O RLY, and that whole bit...I refuse to give up FTW, AFK, and PLZ, unless I'm try to make a good impression.
Anyway, I'm a small time RPer/DM with most of my works focusing on forum based RPGs. I love anime, manga, and that whole Japanese group of fun. I also have been known to do some art on dA. I hope to remain active round these parts.

Edit: So...I actually went to read the rules. I guess I'm giving up my slang. Sorry if I've already started to cause problems.

Elanya
2007-07-09, 01:29 AM
Hi, new poster, long time lurker here.
I always said I was not going to register here, since I already spend too much time on forums, but after knowing the answer to the Quiz (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2852259#post2852259/) 5 questions in a row I couldn't resist anymore. Damn my competitive nature!
I will how ever be trying to keep my posting to a minimum, for my own sanity. I already have so little.....

So, in the time I don't spend on the forums I play D&D (or our adaptations of it) where I also like to DM. I have a boyfriend (who hates it when I DM because I always have a plot with twists and turns, and his character is too thick to understand them) and two cute and cuddly rats as pets. I study Biomedical Sciences at Utrecht University and have been for the past four years, though I'm taking a break for a year to become head of a student organization in my town.

I think that's about it for now....they probably have a new question on the quiz by now anyway :smallamused:

Vonriel
2007-07-09, 01:31 AM
No problems, Nakun, someone likely would've kindly mentioned it anyway.

Elanya, no need for that. We won't suck away the last vestiges of your sanity, time, and intelligence. Never in a million years! .. One of us. One of us. One of us. ... :smallwink:

Welcome to the playground, everyone! Enjoy your stay!

Bitzeralisis, no scaring the new people, we're supposed to welcome them. Then stab them in their back, knock them unconscious, and harvest their kidneys.

Elanya
2007-07-09, 01:36 AM
Excuse me while I don't believe you
*shakes head to clear chanting*

But thank you kindly for your failed attempt to placate me, and hello to you too :smalltongue:

Ossian
2007-07-09, 03:46 AM
"Well, hullo there...!" said Kenobi to the Magna Guards

Just a quick line: i registered just to wish Rich all the best but then I thought It would be rude not to drop a line here as well. I am well into my de-geekization therapy, but I am not pushing it to succeed too keenly.

Nice forum though, and I`ve ejoyed reading most of your conversations here. Back to normal life and sort of real world in a couple of weeks, so maybe I`ll find some time to intervene.

All the best to everybody, the weak and the strong, the fearful and the brave, the innocents and the corrupts!

Ossian

Thorm Blight
2007-07-09, 04:14 AM
Hello there, wow what a great strip OOTS is, and hey anyone that named the site after a Babalon 5 quote has to be pretty awesome right? :smallbiggrin:

Wignke
2007-07-09, 09:31 AM
Hello all. I just joined up. I have been enjoying the strip for quite some time now.

Govnar_smrti
2007-07-09, 11:29 AM
Hello everyone.Just stopped by to say HI!
A friend of mine advised me to start reading OOTS and i was a bit suspicious then but ever since i started i enjoy it more and more.Glad to be here

Weeping Willow
2007-07-09, 12:40 PM
Hello guys! I guess I'm kind of a newbie here. Just 4 days ago I finished the crazy 90-pages-a-day reading of OotS, and I'm crazy :). I hope this forum is as amazing as I've expected :)

Robaato
2007-07-09, 01:55 PM
Greetings and salutations! My name is Rob, and I live in Japan...and that's about it, really. Nice place. I'll just set up my La-Z-Boy over there.

...Where can I get a decent cup of coffee 'round here? :smallsmile:

PyroManiac
2007-07-09, 02:23 PM
Hello! I am new(obviously...) so give me a shout if you want to talk!

Vebar
2007-07-09, 03:07 PM
Hello to all and had to see what my avatar looks like. Can't get enough of the OOTS or Erfworld. Awesome comics!

Vebar

GRIMSKULL
2007-07-09, 04:48 PM
Hello all, I am obviously new to this, hello and thanks for having me. Any messages will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Brady
2007-07-09, 08:05 PM
Howdy everyone! I just had the pleasure of being introduced to OOTS a few weeks ago, and just happened to have three days set aside for rest after surgery. I read through the whole set twice. Now that I think back on it, post-vasectomy recuperation was probably not the best time to have caused myself to laugh hysterically for hours.

I grew up about 12 miles south of the original TSR headquarters in Lake Geneva and I'm embarrassed to say that our D&D group never went dumpster-diving for their garbage.

Happy to be here!

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-09, 08:54 PM
*steps into thread*

Hi, new people! Welcome and enjoy.

Nakun
2007-07-09, 09:44 PM
Hey, thanks for the welcome.
And, since I'm now calling myself a member, not a new poster, welcome to all the new people out there!

Empyrium42
2007-07-10, 12:03 AM
Yo, Newbie here. I hope I can be of good company to all you good fellows!
I hope I dont irritate you all too much :D

Vonriel
2007-07-10, 01:14 AM
Welcome everyone!

Willow, I think we've all done the '90 pages/day' pace of reading, except those of us who have been around for longer than that. You'll find many people here just as crazy as yourself, though we like to keep them over there, away from the shinies and breakables. :smallwink:

Rob, you may want to keep it away from the Hippie, he smells weird.

Brady, ouch! Yeah, laughing hard while recovering from any operation is probably a bad thing, though I do hear laughter helps the recovery.

Zombie... wait, you're not new. Get outta my new-people greeting!

Empyrium, I assure you that you have to try to be more irritating than some of the others around here, more specifically those who try to be as irritating as possible. You may find some kindrid spirits, and take them off our hands! :smallbiggrin:

Everyone else, again, welcome to the playground! Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times, if at any time you should feel nauseous make sure you turn to the person who is not me so I don't get my shiny boots dirty, and if at any time you experience er.. wait, where are you going?

Nyarlethotep
2007-07-10, 04:52 AM
hello all! like many people i started reading OOTS, moved on to forum lurking and now - shock, horror! - i've taken the plunge and moved into poster territory! anyway, you all seem like good folks, now i've just got to find myself an avatar.....

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-10, 06:48 AM
:elan: Welcome, welcome, welcome and have fun!!!

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS :smallbiggrin:
*Hugs all and offers a drink*
U can join my crew if u like

Enrique
2007-07-10, 12:26 PM
Hope Rick is getting better this month.

Enrique
2007-07-10, 12:30 PM
Hi, hope Rick is getting better this week, can't imagine my work week without OOTS.

TARDIS
2007-07-10, 12:43 PM
'allo 'allo. New to the forums here *obviously*, but not new to OOTS. Started reading around Spring '04, around the time of the trial. You could call me an uber-lurker...
But lurker I am no longer! Time for me to rant and roar with the rest of the fan base here!:smalltongue:

Lianaya
2007-07-10, 02:49 PM
Hi.. Ive been a fan of Oots since about strip # 26. Finally joined the forums

Lord Herman
2007-07-10, 02:56 PM
Welcome to the boards! I hope you'll have a great time here.

molotov02
2007-07-10, 04:58 PM
aha! An icon testing ground.

Hello everyone

fatninjacow
2007-07-10, 05:39 PM
im fat a ninja and a cow ....yipee!!!

Derivious
2007-07-10, 08:46 PM
I know it's a bit late, but I never did actually post here, so hi everyone, and welcome to all the newer users.

RationalGoblin
2007-07-11, 12:11 AM
Welcome everyone. I hope you find peace and happiness here on this forum. :smallsmile: So far, 3 couples have found happiness and love on this forum. 1 couple recently had an "obstacle", but they overcome it. The over 2 couples are married. From what I've seen of the forum of my year and a half on it, I suspect there even be a 4th couple.

So, I believe you can find happiness easily on this forum. Follow the rules and have a great time here everyone! :smallsmile:

EDIT: Wow, am I more calm and peaceful (I'd say compassionite, but I wouldn't want to be egotistical) then I thought? Huh.

Bloody_Dagger
2007-07-11, 12:17 AM
I'd like to say hi to everyone. I just joined. It seems like a very nice place that has a nice set of rules, and I'm happy to have joined. I hope to contribute in the future. :smallsmile:

technomage
2007-07-11, 02:43 AM
hi! I have been lurking around this forum for a while and just decided to join :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-11, 02:55 AM
hello al'ya new people.
Have fun and please follow the rules.
:durkon: Or else may Thors beard be with ya.

Hranat
2007-07-11, 05:30 AM
Me joined. Me does not know a very original opening line.

zeekgenateer
2007-07-11, 09:24 AM
Hey! I've been reading OotS for a couple of months and I've decided to join the forum. During the school year I play DnD every Friday in a school sponsored club (that's right school sponsored DnD). After that me and my friends get together and play Rifts. Right now there's not much going on since we can never get together. (One of my friends works in some government thing downtown for free, and he's a commie. I didn't know they hired communists...) So for the most part this summer I've been going through forums and surfing on the web. I love OotS, and I'm really sorry to hear that you (the author) have been sick. Hope they find a cure for whatever is ailing you.

Again, Hi All!

Dragon Ninja!
2007-07-11, 01:27 PM
Hi, Im new! Long time reader, first time... Forumer? Writer? Poster? whats the verb for posting in a forum? Anyways, Hi! also, could someone give me a cool avatar of a Half-Dragon Ninja? Please?

smellie_hippie
2007-07-11, 01:34 PM
Rob, you may want to keep it away from the Hippie, he smells weird.

I don't smell.:smallyuk: Alarra said so. Go check the Southeast Meetup thread... they've even got pictures! :smallbiggrin: *glee*

Zar Peter
2007-07-11, 02:39 PM
Hippies aren't dead, they just smell bad :smallbiggrin:

Back to topic: Welcome all new members, come to the SMBG, we have pies! And cookies, if you like them more.

Lord Herman
2007-07-11, 03:32 PM
Hi, Im new! Long time reader, first time... Forumer? Writer? Poster? whats the verb for posting in a forum? Anyways, Hi! also, could someone give me a cool avatar of a Half-Dragon Ninja? Please?

Welcome!

Behold, the avatar request thread: Linky!

sealemon
2007-07-11, 07:57 PM
Hello, all!

delithica
2007-07-12, 02:36 AM
this is a hello from a long time gamer who has just gained alot of respect for an artist that can still work at entertaining the enlightend masses despite personal obsticals:smallamused:

Lissou
2007-07-12, 05:29 AM
Hi everybody!
My name is Alice (ah-lees) and I'm French. I've been reading OOTS for... well, probably not that long compared to most of you. About a year at the most.
I ordered the books and didn't want to join (or even read) the forums before I had read them all, including the content that's not online, so I wouldn't have anything spoiled for me. I'm glad to see that the forum isn't a spoiler-full one, and that when there are spoilers, they're clearly shown.
I have some theories abour OOTS, especially about Haley, but I want to tell everybody right now that I won't be posting any of them. I would if it was just a fan forum, but Rich not only reads or posts, but is a mod, if I'm not mistaken, and can't really avoid reading them. As a writer, I know how frustrating it can be to have some people (accidentally or not) guess stuff you took so long to plan out. Especially when you can't change stuff that you did before. (I'm writing a novel, and as it's not finished yet, when my friends guess too many stuff, I can go back and just erase some hints or change them so it won't be too obvious. Rich doesn't have the luxury, and even if he did, that wouldn't make it less frustrating, believe me).

Anyway, my favourite character in OOTS is Elan, although I'm liking Belkar more and more, and there is no character that I hate (well, except for Miko. But I don't think i'm the only one here).
I also love Redcloak, which is why I loved reading Start of Darkness (I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying he appears in it).
Come to think of it, I think I've got too many favourite characterzs for them to really be favourites... Thanks to Rich for making them all so interesting and funny in their own ways :)

Anyway... I'm 22, and I study Japanese. I used to study English, but I reckon I can speak it enough to be understood, by now, so I thought I'd switch :p.
I also learned to knit fairly recently (about a year ago) but I love it, and, if I may say so, I'm pretty good at it, so I've started designing my own dolls. I'm currently designing OOTS dolls. I'll send Rich the picture when I'm done the whole cast, and I'm sure he'll let me post a link to it on the forums.
It might take a while, though, as I'm only a beginner. I'm done designing their bodies, But now I need to do their clothes and accessories, and that's going to be tricky. I'll keep you informed if anyone is interested.

I shouldn't show up much on any other part of the forum than the one related to OOTS comics. I don't even know anything about RPG games (it's true. I needed to have my husband explain most of the jokes from the early strips because of that).
But, well, I might stop by there, who knows. Don't hold your breath, though.

So, yeah, that was a long introduction, but if you have any questions, I can answer and make it longer :p. I'm looking forward to talking with you all.

T'ze'hai
2007-07-12, 06:32 AM
Hi! I'm one of those new ones coming here to say hello...

So: Hello!

Hope I won't annoye anyone soon here, as I tend to want to talk about everything), but I'll try to behave :smallbiggrin:

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 07:18 AM
Greetings, and salutations!

I'm Alex. :smallwink: I'll be seventeen years old on the 13th of August, I'm 75% French, and... Probably not very interesting. :smalleek: I'm vain and have sugar issues, and am currently in pajamas. I absolutely love roleplaying, dragons, and magic, and that's probably all I can think of to say. Ooh, I have brown hair!

MadLarper420
2007-07-12, 09:15 AM
~waves~
Greetings and Salutation.
i'm a long time OotS reader.
Thought i'd finally join the forums as another thing i can do when I SHOULD BE WORKING...bwahahahaha!

Bardic Bunny
2007-07-12, 11:13 PM
Hi

My husband and some of my friends have been here for a while now...and I attended a meet-up with them a while back, and so decided I should come have a look myself.

I'm not really much of a comic reader. Sorry :smalleek: However, I do really enjoy sci-fi/fantasy books and movies, and have enjoyed being a role player for quite a while now.

So, let the posting commence!

Tyra_of_Tyche
2007-07-13, 12:07 AM
Hi Everyone:

Old-new member here!! :smallbiggrin:

Starting posting about 1 year ago amd stoped for a long while. Since it´s 00:15 hours in good ol´Mexico and my wife and daughter are both sleeping I though I´ll revisit the forum.

Hope to meet some new friends online

Take care

Penguinsushi
2007-07-13, 12:11 AM
Everybody welcome the Bardic Bunny - formerly known as Mrs. Sushi :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to all the other newcomers as well!

~PS

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-13, 08:16 AM
I know that bunny!
Hi Bunny!

Hi Tyra!
Hi Mad Larper.
Hi Alex!

BlueMew92
2007-07-13, 10:36 AM
Hey
I'm Blue. I'm obssesed with ninjas... NINJAS!!!!!!! And also like Mew... MEW!!!!!!!!

AslanCross
2007-07-13, 11:21 AM
Hey there, AslanCross here. I'm 23 and a high school English teacher from the Philippines. Been interested in D&D for the longest time, but only started playing this a couple of months ago.

I'm currently DMing a campaign for my school's creative writing club, and the outcome of each session is translated into a story. Hopefully we'll be able to finish the campaign by the time our lit magazine comes out.

Due to RPGs being grievously underrepresented in our country (I can't really track down any network or community dedicated to RPing), I decided to join these forums to toss some ideas and learn some stuff to help in my campaign.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all.

onasuma
2007-07-13, 12:42 PM
Hello all you knew people. Read the rules and stuff. Esspecially hello to Bluemew as i actually know who you are.

Ranger_Rex
2007-07-13, 02:22 PM
Hello. I'm new. Order of the stick rules. Ok, I guess that covers it.

Tyra_of_Tyche
2007-07-13, 06:48 PM
Hey there, AslanCross here. I'm 23 and a high school English teacher from the Philippines. Been interested in D&D for the longest time, but only started playing this a couple of months ago.

I'm currently DMing a campaign for my school's creative writing club, and the outcome of each session is translated into a story. Hopefully we'll be able to finish the campaign by the time our lit magazine comes out.

Due to RPGs being grievously underrepresented in our country (I can't really track down any network or community dedicated to RPing), I decided to join these forums to toss some ideas and learn some stuff to help in my campaign.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all.

Great to have people from all over the world here!!! Sorry to hear the lack of enthusiasm in the Phillipines, here in Mexico it has always been the same group of dungeonaires and role playing aficionados for ages (well, since I was 14 and I´m 35 right now :smallbiggrin: )

We now get nearly all our stuff electronically (e-tools and e-books) you may want to try that.

Tyra_of_Tyche
2007-07-13, 06:50 PM
BTW:

I lost my old avatar, how does one get a new one? :smallfrown:

Doc Sinister
2007-07-13, 10:52 PM
Greetings, salutations, and namastes everyone. *peeks at avatar to see what on earth a "Flumph" is*

Skippy
2007-07-14, 12:34 AM
Hi everyone!!! Be welcome to the Playground and, as Good ol' Bor's sig says, let's all play nice!!!

Specially welcome Tyra, since I'm Mexican too and I was beginning to feel a little lonely...

Koreku
2007-07-14, 04:30 AM
Hi everyone! I'm not new, but I've only been posting on OOTS threads, so I just saw this one.

I'm 14 and write fantasy books. I like fantasy. And OOTS. And magic. And, by the way, magick (for any of you who knows what that means). I honestly am just as mature as many of you adults here, so please do not treat me as a kid.

Thank you.

~Wolfpine Dawndrake

Dronin
2007-07-14, 06:14 AM
Howdy

Yes I am Texan (originally).
I play D&D as much as possible and love OotS. It is hard to get a game going sometimes and I needed my RP fix so....
Here I am to try my hand at PbP.:smallbiggrin:

Akaziel
2007-07-14, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,

I'm not exactly new, but... I did not see this thread, so I didn't really get a chance to introduce myself.

I enjoy reading OOTS, playing Werewolf-type games or any other SMBGs, playing video games, reading manga, and watching anime. That's about it...

Oh, and hi to AslanCross, since he is my English teacher, after all.

Gnarly
2007-07-14, 12:20 PM
hello everyone :elan:

ophiuchi
2007-07-14, 03:11 PM
Hi, I AM new, and I made an icon but am too stupid to put it into action (it's not on a site but my computer) so I may just have to represent myself. If anyone feels like helping me with that though I'd appreciate it.
I was forced to sign up by the talent of Rich Burlew and the fact that his comic is so consistently great that I love it and keep reading it although I've never played a RPG in my life. But I admit I can cheat a little cuz my BF used to play, so any REALLY confounding questions I can ask him.
Still, Burlew manages to make it accessible to even those of us who never wanted to open a RPG book in our lives (even those of us who tried anyway, doodled a few character designs and thought "why am I trying this again?") and not just accessible but really something to look forward to. I love him for it.
Man, take your time, I'm sorry you're having troubles, I will wait and be happy when we get each installment. I hope it's often of course, but you made me love stick figures! I trust in you! Your long and short arcs are masterful! You are wonderful! And also very funny without being too cute about it which is a nice freaking change.
Sorry, getting too long. Thanks again!
Ophiuchi

Amato
2007-07-14, 07:09 PM
Hello from a french reader. And thanks to the author. I discovered OOTS like a week ago, and I've been hooked up on it until I had read the whole 474 pages (it was still 474 when i finished). I've loved D&D for a long time, and read a lot of related comics and stuff, but I must say OOTS is the only one who actually gave me fits of laughter just with D&D jokes. The OOTS page is now in my few home tabs.
Thanks again, and hello to everyone, even if I don't think I'll be posting here much or again.

Cray
2007-07-15, 04:12 AM
Ok, then...
hello everybody...

robopaladin
2007-07-15, 05:14 AM
I guess I'm yet another new kid on the forum block. I've been reading OotS for a long time and have really gotten into Erfworld. Excellent thought and planning for both strips. I read a lot more than I write, so I'll try not to be too shy.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-15, 03:02 PM
*trumpet fanfare of welcome* hello, I'm Curly. Welcome to the forum, have fun and watch out for stabbitys and explosions. Always check your white space *stab* told you so *smile*

notxmania
2007-07-15, 09:37 PM
Hello peoples. I enjoy the enjoyable sensation OoTS gives me. I also wish to start RPGs. I research things like this relentlessly, I have a character and that good stuff already. Hooray for over-preperation! I gets the good grammar n spling to. I will be good to you.

Skippy
2007-07-15, 09:40 PM
Always check your white space

That is always a wise advise... I hope I had it when I was new here...
Yes, I removed your white text because they would have noticed it...

ChomZ
2007-07-16, 02:23 PM
Hey! The thread I first posted in is no longer the very first one you see!! I'm not sure if I feel accomplished or sad....
hmmm.. must ponder

EDIT: woot! 150th post

Dr._Weird
2007-07-16, 02:33 PM
Hello everyone! Great to have you here (I notice a lot of people for whom English must not be their first language, your English is great!).

Hi everyone! I'm not new, but I've only been posting on OOTS threads, so I just saw this one.

I'm 14 and write fantasy books. I like fantasy. And OOTS. And magic. And, by the way, magick (for any of you who knows what that means). I honestly am just as mature as many of you adults here, so please do not treat me as a kid.

Thank you.

~Wolfpine Dawndrake

Don't make a big deal of it, no-one will notice if you act maturely and calmly. :smallwink:

DiscipleofBob
2007-07-16, 02:53 PM
Hello...

Mostly joining because I'm writing a d20 campaign setting and am looking for a site to get feedback on it... This seems like a pretty good place to do so.

((A few tips for the DnD campaigns I'm in wouldn't be bad either.))

Cyclotis
2007-07-16, 04:38 PM
Hello friendly people of GiantITP!

BanjoTheClown
2007-07-16, 04:41 PM
Hello New People in the Playground.

Tyra_of_Tyche
2007-07-16, 05:20 PM
Hello...

Mostly joining because I'm writing a d20 campaign setting and am looking for a site to get feedback on it... This seems like a pretty good place to do so.

((A few tips for the DnD campaigns I'm in wouldn't be bad either.))

Been playin for 21 years, have been both palyer and DM, have written some small pieces for dragon magazine, would love to help you in anyway :smallbiggrin:

Tyra_of_Tyche
2007-07-16, 05:22 PM
Hi everyone!!! Be welcome to the Playground and, as Good ol' Bor's sig says, let's all play nice!!!

Specially welcome Tyra, since I'm Mexican too and I was beginning to feel a little lonely...

Hey PAISANO!!

Great to see some more Mexican blood around. What part of Mexico?

Highwarlord
2007-07-16, 08:16 PM
.:==Hello==:.

Rhone1
2007-07-16, 10:40 PM
Hello all! Long time listener, first time caller!

Big fan of OOTS...and chips and salsa!

From Southern California, Orange County...but please, don't call it the OC (nobody here does).

:elan:

Cheers!

Rhone

MasterDan
2007-07-17, 05:13 AM
Greetings to all, it is my pleasure to post this message to say hello as a new member of the giantitp.com forums to all other existing members. Order of the Stick rules!!!!!!:smallbiggrin:

oRs
2007-07-17, 07:03 AM
Ello folks :)

I've been reading OOTS for a while now and only just discovered the forum - thought I'd swing by and say ello :smallbiggrin:

Ziggy's_Roady
2007-07-17, 01:43 PM
Hello Folks, just saying hi. And that I'm new to the site, but i've been reading Order since it came out.

Rich is my personal God...Please, he can OWN on Pelor

Averon
2007-07-17, 03:29 PM
Just dropping in to say hello. :)

Shattersnap
2007-07-18, 12:35 AM
Hello all the new people! I'm actually just coming back now after a few month break, so in my own way I'm also new...again...I guess...

kallistos
2007-07-18, 01:41 AM
hia all

enjoying the comic, long may it continue :smallsmile:

Thurbane
2007-07-18, 05:11 AM
Hi all.

My name is Thurbane, I'm a regular over at Enworld, thought I'd join up here too.

Love the comics, look forward to joining in on the forum.

Cheers - T

Lissou
2007-07-18, 07:11 AM
Welcome to all the people who happen to be newer than I am!

Vampire包子
2007-07-18, 07:18 AM
Long time reader, lurker, etc. Thought I might as well register, y'know, in case it saves my life someday. A mugger, who kills only those who are not proven fans of OOTS....

Quincunx
2007-07-18, 07:38 AM
Just dropping by to tout the Avatar Adoption Center (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936) to the new folk.
You've probably noticed by now that many people have made, or requested from those who do, avatars in the OotS style. The Adoption Center hosts dozens of unique avatars, just waiting for someone to choose and display! Remember to send a private message to the artist for permission first, and wait a few days for a reply--it's summer now, everyone's schedule has been shuffled with vacations and whatnot. Give these flights of artist fancy a home!

EddInsley
2007-07-18, 04:52 PM
Hello all!

I've been reading OotS for ages, and these forums for a while now too. I've never played DnD, tried to myself with some mates, but it wasn't too successful. I'm hoping to find a DnD club when I get to Uni to start playing seriously.

I do LARP regularly, so I'm an experience roleplayer, and very interested in joining a PlaybyPost game, but obviously I'd need it to be a first level, and I might need some help making a character.

Cheers!

Edd Insley

Xero_Storm
2007-07-18, 08:02 PM
I have descended from the metaphorical heights to dispense my world-renowned blend of insight and irony to yet another subsection of the great ethereal community that is The Internet. You should feel at least slightly honored, but experience suggests that is rather unlikely. Nobody ever respects the guy with the answers, no matter how many answers they need from him. Not that I'm still bitter about that, mind you.

Lousy know-nothing classmates. Would it kill you to raise your hand sometimes, instead of waiting for me? Fine then, you can figure out how to light your own frakking Bunsen burner. Hope you burn your precious gel-encrusted "do" off, you superficial piece of detritus.

What? You don't know what "detritus" is? Then why don't you look it up? *throws dictionary at you*

*cough* :smallredface: Yeah, so here I am.

DarennySmith
2007-07-19, 05:26 AM
Hi i'm new here, hope to have fun with (and not at) you

Jimorian
2007-07-19, 07:00 AM
Hello, everybody!

I discovered OOTS a couple weeks ago, burned through the archive in 2 nights, and now I'm stuck in "real time" obsessively waiting for the updates like all of you. :smallsmile: Also enjoying Erfworld and the other material on the site.

The only RP I've done is online (FFXI) but I'm a big fantasy fan (my screenname is from a character that a friend named after me in her (published) novel (also, you'll find that I'm a big fan of parentheses, and take whatever opportunities I can (like this) to nest the little buggers as deep as they'll go)), so a lot of the tropes and stuff that Rich has fun with are very familiar to me.

I look forward to participating in the lively discussions hereabouts. :smallbiggrin:

slappy
2007-07-19, 10:04 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I have been reading OOTS and The Battle for Gobwin Knob, found th forums and read a couple of them and everyone here seemed happy to be here so I wanted to be here too!!

xXWhiteShadowXx
2007-07-19, 03:58 PM
Hey I'm really kinda new to the site. I loved the comics. I could never think up stuff like that. Hope to enjoy it here. :smallbiggrin:

God
2007-07-19, 07:07 PM
Hello, i am God... thats right, your lord and saviour is BLACK!

joe kickass
2007-07-19, 07:38 PM
hey im new here and i need to know how this workes

Celebrethil
2007-07-19, 08:35 PM
Hullo hullo!

I'm new to the forums but certainly not to OotS. I'm glad to be here!

...and curious if there's a place that you can see all of the possible OotS avatars at once. :smallbiggrin:

sycopat
2007-07-20, 03:30 AM
Hello.

New to the forum, but not to OotS.

Hedoaen UrdWed
2007-07-20, 04:38 AM
Hello,

Long time reader of OOTS, love the comic (and all the bad puns). Finally found the forums, and people seemed so genuinely helpful and friendly (not all blasty with the crashing and the burning and the fire on some other sites that shall remain nameless:smallannoyed: -end rant).:smallsigh:

I play in 1 D20 D&D game and I run 1 myself too, I've only run one whole game so far, and I help in the one I play too.:smallbiggrin:

Looking forward to chatting with people and getting some help with game-related stuffs.:smallwink:

Laeroth Jr.
2007-07-20, 06:00 AM
Just testing the avatar thingy

Dunavar
2007-07-20, 10:51 AM
OOTS ROCKS! Hello, I'm new to this and curious as to how it works. Please feel free to tell me.:smallamused:

Dunavar
2007-07-20, 10:57 AM
How do we play DND with other people and how do we create characters?
Please help me.:smallconfused:

stopwatch
2007-07-20, 11:47 AM
hello peoples. I am the stopwatch. I'm new. (obviously) A friend recommended me to join, so I did. A that tis all.

blademaster42
2007-07-20, 11:47 AM
Aforementioned friend being me. Heya stopwatch. *high fives*

stopwatch
2007-07-20, 11:50 AM
I should have known you would brag.(You always do.)

wojonatior
2007-07-20, 12:10 PM
hia i like the comic and banjo is awesome!!!!:elan:

Drew Halfsong
2007-07-20, 04:11 PM
Greetings. I was just curious what this avatar looked like and could not find how to view it otherwise.

Knytemayr
2007-07-20, 11:08 PM
Heyas everyone. Yup, you guessed it, I'm new to this forum. It was recommended to me, so I thought I would stop on by and check it out. And don't worry, the knives are at home and the guns are at work. I tried to bring them home, but the last time I tried leaving with a 25mm canon I got a hernia and they keep searching my bag everytime to I make it to the gate with the .50 cal. How do they always know??? It's a conspiracy I tell ya. Anyway, heyas to everyone. :biggrin:

Vincentrose91
2007-07-21, 01:31 AM
I have read every current oots comic and decided to join the forum. So yay!
:elan: My Dnd Party reminds os so much of oots! its is vunderfull!

Sir Samuel
2007-07-21, 03:28 AM
Hello everybody, My friend will soon be making me a avatar, which will be fun :smallsmile:
Go OotS

LauKensai
2007-07-21, 01:52 PM
Hi to all. My name is Matt and I am new here. I have never RP'd on a points based system before so I look foward to it.

Till I see you in an RP thread, HI and Later.

Trixie
2007-07-22, 04:16 AM
Uhhh... I just wanted to say hello <hides> :smalleek:

philippos
2007-07-22, 06:01 AM
ok, I also am new. now into the fray

curtmack
2007-07-22, 10:38 AM
Hello, I guess.

zeratul
2007-07-22, 11:49 AM
Hello new people *fanfare*. Enjoy your stay here. Watch out for stabbings, and soul eatings.

ShadowThrone
2007-07-22, 12:47 PM
I am new to the forum... :D just wanted say hi!

Gyrich
2007-07-22, 05:07 PM
Just saying 'Hi' and happy to be here!

harvard
2007-07-22, 05:39 PM
Greetings one and all. As a recent convert, might I just say...

"Headbutt Sneak Attack!!!"

I think that says it all.

Good evening.

Amotis
2007-07-22, 05:40 PM
Good evening.

It's Christmas Morning where I am!

Zarrexaij
2007-07-22, 09:02 PM
Hi... umm, yeah, I'm new around here. A few days ago one of my IRC DnD players linked me to the OotS comic and I've been hooked since... went through all the webbycomics in a matter of days. I decided to join. Uhm, yeah. :P

Be gentle with me. :smalltongue: Please? :smallfrown:

Hell Puppi
2007-07-22, 09:53 PM
NO!

*tackles*

....I mean welcome to the forums.....

NakedCelt
2007-07-22, 10:57 PM
Hi! New person here.

As my username indicates I do have some lifestyle choices in common with Elan... don't worry, there won't be any pictures. A few of you may know me from the LiveJournal community.

I'm an OotS fan, but I'm mainly here to post my D&D ideas.

I can draw as well. I have some fantasy pictures here (http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/n/a/nakedcelt/nakedcelt.html). There used to be a thread where you could sign up to potentially draw illustrations for the Monsters in the Playground thing. What's happened to that?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-23, 07:46 AM
Hello new people *fanfare*. Enjoy your stay here. Watch out for stabbings, and soul eatings.

Zeratul you stole my fanfare! Oh yeah.
Hello Newbies. I'm head of the fanfare band, Zer is second-in-Command. *fanfare of welcome* Don't get stabbed or in any way attacked.

Hastuur
2007-07-23, 02:55 PM
Greetings all,

I am one of the "old timer" gamers and gaming/comic store owner. Have watched this site for a long time and decided to sign up and try the online gaming forum. Thanks for helping in advance.

harlequin-vamp
2007-07-23, 05:29 PM
hello radom new person invading this place XD , just a radom hiya thingy .... i dont know... this is a piontless post of mine isnt it ^^; :smalltongue:

Eternal Kanus
2007-07-24, 01:25 AM
Greetings. I discovered OotS earlier today, read the archives, got bored, read the FAQ, learned about the PbP games here, and figured it would be a good way to deal with the RP withdrawl symptoms I've had recently. And I just have no life, so another message board is always good.

Nightgaunt
2007-07-24, 09:48 AM
The guy above me did this in a way smarter way...

I have read Oots since right around the end of the Dungeon Arc. I usualy don't join fan-based forums. :smallamused: But I can't resist the greatness of these forums!

Long live the Order!

Dawn
2007-07-24, 10:53 AM
How could you get bored off OOTS? New and liking the Arts+Crafts section:smalltongue:

FoE
2007-07-24, 02:01 PM
Greetings, foolish mortals!

I am the Face of Evil (sort of like the Face of Boe from Doctor Who, but more mobile) and I am new to these forums!

I have enjoyed reading this "Order of the Stick" comic, which I recently discovered while searching the Internet for new ways to spread my evil. I have enjoyed the antics of these stick-figure heroes as they futilely struggle against the supremancy of this "Xykon," who will no doubt destroy them all at the eventual end of the comic, making for a happy ending.

That said, my favourite character is Thog, because he makes me laugh. ("Thog sympathize with little man. Thog's racial abilities also under par." LOL!)

Please do not be concerned that I am called the "Face of Evil." I have never eaten puppies or tried to raise Cthulhu from his ancient slumber. I am more of a benevolent type of villain who wants to rule the world but still serve the best interests of the people.

Nevertheless, when I come to power, you will no doubt all be killed. However, I promise you all that your deaths will be swift.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

Castaras
2007-07-24, 03:21 PM
Face of Evil, you sound like perfect material for AMEN!

We are a group of blundering idiots trying to pass ourselves off as villains. We incompetant fools wander around the thread, blasting each other into little bits, killing Magtok, poking fun at Saurous and MC, getting splatted with pies, and all other manner of daft and silly things.

I think you'd fit in perfectly! :smallbiggrin:

A link to the most recent of our threads can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50599). If you wish to join, just walk in, stab the first person you see, sell your soul fill in the papers, and you'll be ready to join the madness.

JetMechRadio
2007-07-24, 06:36 PM
A friend of mine introduced me to Order of the Stick and Iron Kingdoms
(D & D) recently, and said that I should log onto the Giant in the Playground forum. I'm a budding cartoonist, and am planning to eventually create a comic of my own. First things first, however: Is there any way to create a custom avatar without having a webpage to put it on first? I have this custom avatar I created with a Paint program, but it seems I have no way of using it without a webpage. Any suggestions?

P.S. How do you submit Order of the Stick fanart? I am curious. Or, for that matter, how do you put ANY pictures into a post? I tried just putting my (aforementioned) avatar on just by copying and pasting directly onto this post, but it didn't work.

Sorry, but I'm rather new to the Internet and forums.

One last thing: What is the thing below my username? "Pixie in the Playground?" Is it part of my profile? Can I change it?

-JetMechRadio

Lia
2007-07-24, 11:59 PM
Hello everyone. New here, I'm not yet fully up on 3.5. I played Ad&D some years back and loved it.

Hell Puppi
2007-07-25, 12:01 AM
'Pixie' is going to stick until you've posted enough to make it change.
There's some forums in the arts and drafts section where you can post fanart.
Right-click most pics and get the properties, then click on the little mountain pic, and you should be able o put most pics up here.
Someone'll help you out with an avvie in the arts and drafts section if you don't want to make one yourself =P

Oh and hello!:smallbiggrin:

Freshmen
2007-07-25, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone.. I've been reading this comic for about two years, a friend who is really into DnD 3.5 got me hooked on this comic. I had been playing with him for a few months before hand, so I actually understood most of the jokes =D

Been roleplaying for a while now, mostly on Neverwinter Nights, and forum-type things as well. I used to have a knack for writing, I had close to thirty thousand words of a book written before I ran out of inspiration. My computer decided to stop running nwn about the same time, so I've picked up a few other games over the last year. (The most addicting of them being World of Warcraft. heh..)

I mess around with programing, mostly php code. I run a website for a friend's guild, and make a good point of editing out all of the "lolpwnzor l2p noob!" garbage from the threads. It's good fun, kind of like playing whack-a-mole with a sledgehammer.

I work construction, a nine to five deal five days a week. Other than that.. dunno what to say. I made the account to make a post in a thread with a space-punk type avatar contest, and found out that there's some roleplay going on here as well. Might get myself into that a bit more if I find a niche =D

Steelo_Mcbuff
2007-07-25, 07:28 AM
Greetings All, I have been reading this forum for some time and enjoy it very much, and being the brave young human I am, I have divided it is time to take the plunge and make a post. So hello everybody!

Well that wasn’t so painful was it?

RRosset
2007-07-25, 08:27 AM
Well, i'm new to this forum, so... here i am!

I'm in Argentina right now, planning to move to another country, but it's all up to work. So i'm still waiting. Cheers guys,

Later!

Bob

TwilightKiller
2007-07-25, 10:45 PM
HI, This is my first time being in a forum, but i expect it to be fun because hey i love to play DnD :smallbiggrin:

TwilightKiller
2007-07-25, 10:53 PM
i know i should ahve asked in my first post........but can anyone tell me where i can make my own avatar? is it a program specifically made for designing avatars, or is it just paint?:smallconfused:

Danubus36
2007-07-25, 11:59 PM
Hey folks! A long time member of the NWN project called ALFA. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and that I love the comic! Had some folks at the project turn me onto it.

NinLink
2007-07-26, 02:29 AM
hey hello... just saying hello.... mmmm
D&D rulez!!!

Ailinne
2007-07-26, 03:09 AM
Hello everyone! I'm a new member but old fan of OotS:smallamused: and D&D player.

I hope you will liiiiike me and maybe use my stick avatars, I love making them:)

Lord Herman
2007-07-26, 03:26 AM
Welcome! I hope you'll all have a great time here.

Now for answering some questions:

First things first, however: Is there any way to create a custom avatar without having a webpage to put it on first? I have this custom avatar I created with a Paint program, but it seems I have no way of using it without a webpage. Any suggestions?

There are several sites that can host images for you. I believe most people use ImageShack (http://imageshack.us/).

i know i should ahve asked in my first post........but can anyone tell me where i can make my own avatar? is it a program specifically made for designing avatars, or is it just paint?:smallconfused:

Although you can use paint to make avatars, you're better off using a vector-based drawing program. I use Adobe Illustrator, but it's very expensive. There are also several free programs similar to Illustrator - you might want to look into those. In any case, you'll find the answers to all your avatarizing questions in the Arts and Crafts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27) section of the boards.

RRosset
2007-07-26, 07:31 AM
That's in case you wanna do some OOTS style avatar. Or you can take yourself a picture, use Photoshop and add a axe, or swords!! even a cute rope. DUnno. It's up to you and your imagination.

In the other hand. You're not only attached to this two programs, any kind of program to work with images or vectors should help.

Keep in touch!

Proxy
2007-07-26, 12:01 PM
Hi all...

From holland, been reading OOTS since summer 2006

Joined eventually, but never posted!:smallredface:

Proxy

Tamburlaine
2007-07-26, 01:29 PM
hello everyone!
I've been following oots for a while but only just got around to registering.

PyroPwnageWizie
2007-07-26, 02:40 PM
yea hi here i am this is a intresting thing here:smallconfused:

Windborn
2007-07-26, 02:49 PM
Well, I came for Erfworld, and quickly got hooked on Order of the Stick too. I figured the forums are the place to be for news and such, and I wanted to get involved in a play by post D&D game, because no one I know has any interest in RP. Anyway, if you play AQ, DF, or Runescape, you might already know me, so pm me if you know Storm the Windborn or Lyoko2225. See you on the forums!

RRosset
2007-07-26, 02:55 PM
Wooooooo lotta new people (me included).

Red_Mage
2007-07-26, 05:12 PM
Hello!
(because the banner at the top told me to)

FoE
2007-07-26, 06:35 PM
Just want to see what the Daemon avatar looks like. I want to see if it's more evil-looking. :smallcool:

Lord Thomase
2007-07-26, 08:00 PM
Hello,

I'm thom. (pretentiously named by call-sign, but we have to have fun).

I've realsised that i spend so much time reading the forums, that I might as well as sign up. far better than being the mediocre lurker I usually am ;)

just to give a quick overview of my interests regarding this site; I'm a fan of Order of the Stick but, since it's inceptiopn have become a huge fan of Erfworld. currently rates as my joint favourite piece of literature (alongside, J. K. Rowling's work to date, Garth Nix's Sabriel series, The wonderous Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights and afe wother such pieces).

most of my procrastination time (I'm a student, so i can't say work time), is spent on the Erfworld forums (I doubt i'll be seen much elsewhere, but who knows...) which i seem to regualrly check and get almost as much joy out of as the actual comic itself.

anyhow, my printing has finally finsihed (the university computers seem to be using technology dating back to the Bronze Age), so I'm going to post this and crash.

thanks for reading this, sorry for the grammer, hopefully i'll get a chance to check the forums and, just maybe, post some comments and replies. all the best,
thom

Edit. Incidentally, I'll try and compile an avatar at some point...

nijineko
2007-07-26, 09:03 PM
hajimemashi-te! boku wa nijineko to moshimasu. boku no nani ni naritai mono wa futottahige ni naritai to omoimasu! yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

(nice to meet you! i'm nijineko. what i want to be when i grow up is a fatbeard! i humbly desire the obligation of your kindness towards me!)

edit: hmmm, seems the forum doesn't like japanese very much. ????

Staale
2007-07-27, 04:07 AM
Hello all! I have a boring Day job so I surf around on the internet allot... A few days ago I stumbled across this site (which was great!). Now I finally have something to do when I work! Thank you giant in the playground!

Blasky
2007-07-27, 05:08 AM
Howdy there folks,

I finally got round to making an account =P Some of you guys know me *thinks back to the MSN convo where I got turned into a talking strawberry* - Exy is a good mate of mine in RL (We live quite near eachother too).

So yeah, I seriously dig OotS - I nearly cried when I first went through them all from beginning to end and knew that I had to wait an entire day for the next one to be posted =( - I'm a guitarist and lead vocalist for a little blues/ska-ish band (We do too many different types of music to pin it down to just one genre =P). I love RPGs and am looking forward to RPing with ya all =)

Ace forum, take care

Blasky

Castaras
2007-07-27, 05:13 AM
Ahh yes, I remember you! :smalltongue:

*Nods* G'day talking strawberry, hope you stay with us for a while. And while you're at it, go and stab people in the Silly Message Boards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34). It's loads of fun. :smallbiggrin:

And dammit, I keep forgetting to say some kinda cheese. Stupid dare...GORGONZOLA!

Taroshk
2007-07-27, 11:30 AM
Hi I found Oots after surfing through wikipedia. I was reading an article and it had a link to the Oots article. I have been hooked since I found that article and followed the link to this site. Long Live Oots!!!!!!

Maerdred
2007-07-27, 03:18 PM
Hello all! brand new here, found the site by a rather round-about method.

A few days back, I read a forum topic over at Wapsi Square, in which there was discussion of a certain 100th strip over at Weregeek which contained references to a number of other comics. I, of course decided to read many of those other comics, and when I came here to read Erfworld I also got stuck on OOTS. My boss would kill me, but I spent 2 work days reading each and every strip.
yeah it's been slow here. But I did work during most of that time too. not my fault the calls aren't coming in.

So, yeah Hi!

greyhounder
2007-07-27, 07:47 PM
New Member here!

Valgron Sairus
2007-07-27, 09:38 PM
'Allo.
I'm... *looks at nametag*
Valgron, appartenly... What kind of name is Valgron?
Anyways, finally got around to making an account over here... I've been reading OotS for a while, however. Not as long as some people here, I can garuntee, but a I've got a couple months worth under my belt.
:mitd:

suckered_D.M.
2007-07-27, 10:56 PM
sup everyone, long time oots fan. very disappointed at their so cal gen con presence(didn't really have one). been playing of D&D way long. would love to see the oots guys and gals in 2nd ed.(the greatest edition ever. i love u and miss u so much my unearthed arcana. woa baby the real over balanced cavilier. oh man do i miss 2nd ed. sorry love oots

Scrasamax
2007-07-27, 11:02 PM
Well, I discovered OotS about a week or so ago, and this is how long it's taken me to catch up on the previous 476 comics in the series. I appreciate the humor, and it was an entertaining read, though I'm sure my computer chair would dissaggree.

I've been gaming since 1996, and have the current 3.5 edition core books. Most of my library is more on the White Wolf side of the genre though.

:confused: The forum is taking a bit to get used to, but it looks promising.

~Scras

Aristeidis
2007-07-28, 07:16 PM
Hello, everybody, I am Aristeidis from Greece, fan of oots forsome time now. I really enjoy reading it and I wish it came out more often. See you in the forum!

Morchaint
2007-07-29, 02:36 AM
I didnt have internet for a while. so I couldnt be here. well that has changed.

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

oh and hello all.

Lord Tirian
2007-07-29, 03:26 AM
Hello,

reading OotS for about 1-1/2 years, and already watching the "New Stick"-threads over there at EnWorld, I'm now lurking a bit in the Homebrew-forum here... so I've decided, I should register here, in case I want to post stuff.

Cheers, LT.

Aizen
2007-07-29, 02:59 PM
hi, I like oots and bleach

Elector
2007-07-29, 05:59 PM
Hello, I am new to the forum though I've been reading the comics for some time now. I am joining looking for games and gamers now that I am off to college... I don't want my studies to impede any roll playing time. :smallwink:

So I call out to any gamers at Purdue, I'll be joining you shortly... and to anyone who is looking for a extra in a pbp (I am more oriented toward higher levels +/-10).

tschau.

JetMechRadio
2007-07-30, 12:09 PM
FINALLY!!!

It took about a dozen tries, but I finally managed to get my avatar onto the forum. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out as well as I'd have wished...oh well.
Basically, it's a (semi-fallen) Paladin with a gear-sword and a bat helmet. I'm guessing the semi-fallen theme is a bit too cheesy for Dungeons and Dragons. The style I use in drawing things is more akin to Final Fantasy (Kingdom Hearts, to be specific).

As I mentioned before, I am interested in finding a way to send Rich Burlew some fanart. Apparently, I am supposed to put the picture on my post, but I cannot figure out how to do that. The little "Insert Image" icon thingy on the toolbox is doing absolutely nothing for me.

Anyways, during my Summer Vacation, I drew a few concepts of how the Order of the Stick would look like in the world of Kingdom Hearts. I plan on making a complete series about "Chain of Memories" eventually. I'd like to put what I've already done in the (Order of the Stick) fanart section as soon as possible.

Lobogriff
2007-07-30, 12:09 PM
Long time reader, first time poster.

...now for the havoc...:smallbiggrin:

Keris
2007-07-30, 02:15 PM
Hello to all, I've been reading the comic for a while now and skulking around the homebrew section, finally getting around to registering.

RAGE KING!
2007-07-30, 04:48 PM
Welcome everybody!

Advice: Read the entire rules post, it will be long and boring, but do it anyways. Be nice to me, and give me cookies if you want. If you don't i'll cry. TEARS OF RAGE!

- i think thats a red magic card...i dunno.