PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Rogue Trader

Cilvyn
2016-06-11, 06:34 PM
DAY ONE

The Raven's Flight takes off from the pleasure world Solace Encarmine.

The navigator gives you a predicted journey time of twelve days to reach Naduesh, though cautions you as to the usual tides of the warp. Van Haal's vessel has already left as you power towards the system edge, and Lady Brass's flagship transitions into the warp mere hours before you. The transition goes as smoothly as ever, with the typical shudderings and groanings of the ship as it twists out of reality.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/4a61fd8d305d4974a12137c60645bc55.png

blacklight101
2016-06-12, 04:05 PM
Izzy Montoya

Upon getting back to the ship after the very dramatic meeting, Izzy went quickly to her quarters and stash her weapons and change clothes back to something far more comfortable. A fancy dress was all well-and-good, but she much preferred her Guard Fatigue pants, black tanktop, steeltoe boots, and Krieg-issue Greatcoat. Izzy knew they needed to leave with some haste, as some of their competitors had gotten out of system before the Lady Vess' party had even gotten back to the Raven.

She was nearly at a run on her way to the Bridge elevatus, triggering runes on the keypad by memory when she reached it. The wait for it to reach the top seemed even longer than normal, her stomach a bit tight with anticipation. Throne, this is going to be one Hell of a ride before it's over. I hope we all make it out the other side, with the prize would be amazing, alive would be just fine with me. The doors finally opened at the Bridge after the normal trip of just under two minutes, but it felt every bit of five.
I
Reaching her station, she plugged into the Raven's MIU and contacted the Techpriests to make the plasma drives ready, commed the bridge adepts of their route, and began to prepare the ship to leave at the orders of their Lady-Captain. "Let's bring the drives to a good running burn and get ready to head for the stars, at the Lady-Captain's orders we head for Naudesh. Navigator Cassini, i hope the Tides favor us on the way out.

"They do, Lady Montoya. The Warp looks clear as far as my Sight shows me. The Astronomicon Beacon is clear and it's light strong and will remain so, Emperor Willing.

"Happy to hear it, Navigator."

Seven Minutes Later
"Yes, Lady Vess, i'm on it."

"Right, you heard the Lady, drives at full burn, transmit exit codes, set our waypoints and take this bird out of the system!" Quick vox transmissions to various stations had them nearly leap from their berth at the docks. Excellent coordination this time, she would have to talk to Lady Vess about some commendations for the Enginarium crews and her bridge shift.

Travel to the translation point was simple, three waypoints and they were out of the planet's grav well. That's where the Navigator took over and started guiding them. Before they entered the Warp, the Great Shutters were closed over the Armorglass windows of the bridge and other places in the ship, so the view wouldn't drive them insane. Following the Navigator's directions was easy, they had worked together for a while now. The Warp must be calm if instructions came this slow. Izzy could only thank the Emperor for that.

Two hours travel out of system, another nine at the helm in the Warp. At the end, she was exhausted, happy to be relieved by second shift as always. Danica was a welcome sight and a capable hand at the controls. Izzy waited for her to plug into her MIU before passing off the command throne and the control of the ship. "The path has been clear so far, and the Nav says clear sailing for as far as he can See. Says he saw a storm a good ways off, day or two, but shouldn't be an issue the way we're heading. Drink after your shift?"

Danica smiles as she walks in, seemingly happy to start her shift. She picks up her side of the conversation as she puts on her MIU and takes her seat at the controls. "Good to hear, I was hoping for clear stars after the trip here. Drink? Sure, why not. Good way to unwind after a shift at the helm." Danica shudders a bit as she plugs into the MIU. "I swear i'll never get over being able tofeel the ship through the MIU. Especially my heart racing with the plasma drives when they run hard, or coming out with a few bruises if we hit some stray asteroid. No better place to be though, with a view like we tend to get." Somehow she maintains her optimism through some of the things they've seen. Maybe she really did know how much better than most of the Imperium they had it. Maybe she was just happy.

"Yeah, i know what you mean. It's why i need to go grab a couple hours if i can find them. I'll see you for a drink later then, debrief and all that. Good sailing, Danica." With that, Izzy walks off to the elevatus and her quarters for a quick shower and a nap.

A shower was first priority. She felt filthy after her shift with the ship having a decent say in how her body had been reacting over the last eleven hours. The drives had been burning hot, her heart rate had been up, and she had been sweating, she was certain her hair looked like hell again at the very least. Lucky her, she was an officer and had a small private bath she could count on being empty, unlike most of the Low Crew. The walk back to her quarters was quick.

Starting the water, hoping for less intermittent cold this time, she stripped down and tossed a towel on the counter by the small sink. When she got in the water, she just rested her head against the still-cold metal of the back wall and sighed as the hot water ran over her back. For several minutes she just stood and let the water run over her as she thought about the strange prize and all the competition they were going to face. Izzy was sure that if she survived, she would remember this for some time. Eyelids beginning to droop in the heat, she finished washing quickly, got out and wrapped a towel around herself and made it to the bed. She had the energy to lay back and let her eyes close for a few hours. She could worry about a drink later, especially since it was the better part of two duty shifts until she was at the helm again.

Four fairly quick hours later, she wakes up groggily and decides it isn't the worst idea to get out of bed and get dressed again, since she was still laying around in a towel. Having a few hours before between shift drinks, she had some time to burn, so she needed to find something to waste some time. (Officer cadre problems, yo) Felicia had gotten an implant recently, it may not hurt to see how she was recovering, and some range time wouldn't be the worst idea, since combat seemed a surety of their future. There were even a few books begging for attention. Izzy talks to herself while considering her options."Hour or two at the range, then i'll wash up real quick and see how Miss Felicia is doing with her new augmetics, maybe. Then i should still have a while to read or something before i debrief with Danica. Well, sounds like a full evening, almost. I'm sure some thing else will come up. Always seems to."

Twenty minutes later at the gun range

She had packed down her bolt pistol hoping to get a couple hours' practice in before anything pressing came up. After a quick chat with the range master, she had a supply of ammo and a stack of targets. A few dozen bolt shells should last a while if she picks her shots. They may be rare, but you had to practice now so you didnt miss the heretics later. Setting up the targets at fifteen meters, she was just hoping not to waste too many shots.

One hour later

Well, for the rounds spent, she supposed the practice had been worth it. Far more bad shots than what she hoped for, but that was what practice was for. On her way out, she thanked the range master for his time and use of the range. If anything good came out of it, Izzy had narrowed down why her shots had been slipping off target of late. Somewhere along the lines, the trigger on her bolt pistol had developed more than one third of an inch of creep and a good quarter inch of wiggle side to side. She would have to ask Felicia to take a look at it for her. Thinking of which! Izzy had meant to check in on her since she had gotten some sort of implant while they were on the planet, so kill two void kraken with one macroshell and maybe ask her to take a look at the gun and just make sure she's recovering adequately.

i do think i said i'd check up on Felicia to see how she's recovering, but otherwise dont have much planned for this leg of the trip before Warp Nightmares, ill likely just RP out a few more days like this and see where we are. If you want to collab, of course hit me up anywhere you know to find me.

Donan
2016-06-13, 01:37 AM
Felicia has a pounding migraine, but that's not too surprising when machinery has been implanted her skull. Her muscles feel weak and she's lying on the cot that serves in her quarters, various machines beeping as they loyally monitor her. Wulf is also keep a wary eye on her, ready to buzz a general alert to medical staff if her vital signs run into trouble.

Despite her state, she's indulged in the possibly unwise action of connecting her MIU to the nearby data port and her mind speeds through the ship's systems, free and savouring the freedom that she can never find in her too limited, physical body.

blacklight101
2016-06-13, 04:23 PM
Day 1, Free Time, cont'd

Izzy walked to one of the closer washrooms to try to get some of the range grime and smell of fyceline off her, if only to try and be polite, before she went to see Felicia. She was sure the Techpriestess wouldn't care about the smell of spent bolt rounds, but it made Izzy feel a little better to clean up first regardless.

Weaving through the Raven's passageways didn't take long, and after a handful of minutes, Izzy reached Felicia's quarters where she was probably recovering. Techpriests didn't seem to spend much time in the regular sickbay, after all, so it had to be their personal quarters or their Enginarium Fortress, right? Her finger hovered over the vox activation rune on Felicia's quarters, she wasn't sure the priestess would care for company. The big, scary metal wardog Wulf, is that his name? Frakking scary-ass dog either way. didn't help matters either.

She knew she had been there for at least twenty seconds now, not able to push the damn button. Now or never, girl, just push the damn button already! *tak* her finger hit the side of the case. Smooth move. Looking down, she makes sure she hits the right button this time. With a quick hiss of static, the vox crackles to life. "H-Hi Miss Fel- er, L-Lady Hemming. I, uh, I just wanted to see if, um, yo-your surgery went alright." Throne, she was always worried about that damn dog tearing her throat out. She felt every bit a fool, not able to talk right. Probably sounded like a schola girl around the Captain of the scrumball team.

Donan
2016-06-14, 02:21 AM
Eyes crack open as the vox goes and Felicia admonishes herself. She'd been so wrapped up in exploring the ship that she'd ignored her immediate surroundings. Her thoughts adjusted and her mind reached out, settling into the camera set in the corridor. It turned to focus on Izzy, whirring as it zoomed in on her face. The vox system in the corridor crackled to life.

"Miss Montoya. Oh, please come in." With another command sent to the systems around her, the door buzzed open with the shirring of old, hallowed gears.

Felicia was lying on the bed, the MIU cable sneaking from her neck to the data port nearby as she turned to look at Izzy with a faint nod. Wulf made a low, metallic whining sound in hi attempt to be sociable, but still remained a huge metal dog. "My systems are adapting, the machine spirits.. they've not settled yet. Little anxious.." She blinked slowly, her face very pale. "Thanks for coming to see me. I've been with the spirits in the ship, but, they're all very busy."

Cilvyn
2016-06-14, 05:38 AM
Day 1

With a growl Ruth picks the dataslate back up from the table, no scratches, not broken. Good. She pulls her gloves tighter so she can have a firmer grip on the devise. She skims through the documents on the slate and citates the occasional note to her scribe. He is an old, thin man in robes. He doesn't say a word but is damn good with a pen. After a few hours of work, Ruth sigs and streches. She plays with her necklace thinking of the day before at Solace. However she was always very good at wearing a mask it comes with the prize of feeling a little on edge afterwards. van Haal seemed to like her, but in the end they were all rivals, so she didn't really know what to expect from him. He cetainly seemed close with the host of the evening, which might give him an advantage. Anyway this competition, if won, would secure her future and the line of her family... the right line. Ruth glances over at a photograph of her parents and smiles. Yes this fountain is extremely important. With the wealth and the warrant she would obtain, her relatives would be no match for her and she would have the empire back in no time includingthe everything she would inherit from Aristos.

A few minutes later she walks to the bridge, nods at the senior officers and looks around There is someone missing and then she remembers: Techpriest, sickbay. She checks if everything goes as ordered. The navigator explains to her that they entered the warp and that everything seems to go smoothly. 12 days he predicts before they arrive at the destination. Good, please excuse me, I have some important matters to attend to she says and walks to the sickbay. After a short search she discovered felicia is not here. A little annoyed by her clumsyness she find the right place and knocks.

Miss Lemming, It's Ruth. Mind if I come in?

blacklight101
2016-06-14, 10:09 AM
The vox cracked to life and Izzy jumped what felt like a foot, she hadn't actually expected Felicia to be there. She knew it must have showed up on the camera too. Great, now she just comes off jumpy, even better since that dog can probably pick up fear pheremones or something. Well, too late to turn back now, best to go in since made it this far already. Walking in, Izzy tries to shake off the feeling Wulf was staring at her, he was probably nice enough, really, once you got to know him. "Anxious? Well, I, um, hope they adjust soon. I think i can understant the Machine Spirits being a little occupied, even the drives felt like they were running hotter than normal. Um.. Have you been recovering well otherwise? Can I get you anything?"

That damn big dog just whined at her too. Frak, that thing freaked her out. Izzy swore she could feel a drop of sweat trickling down her back.(just ignore the big, scary dog, you're here to check on Miss Felicia All she could even think to ask was things a techpriestess doesn't need, considering she was patched into the ship at an entirely different level than the largest part of the rest of the crew. "I was wo- no, never mind, i'll ask you after you recover, it's not important right now."

Izzy paused for a moment and blurted out a multi-part question just a little too fast, though she would swear it wasnt her nerves or being that close to Wulf that did it."Your MIU, does it effect you the same way it does me? Does the burn of the engines control your heart rate, does your skin prickle when the void shields ignite, are you just worn straight the hell out after you unplug like I am? Is it different for everybody?" Izzy blushed for a moment after asking her flurry of questions, kind of embarrassed at herself for asking in the first place for whatever reason.

Donan
2016-06-14, 02:02 PM
"Lady Captain." Felicia dipped her head, suppressing a wince. "Please, yes, join us." She smiled weakly to them both, Wulf lowering his head to the floor in respect. That same smile lit up at Izzy's remarks however, and she beamed.

"When I'm linked, I share everything the ship feels. It frees me from the flesh and I can hear the beat of its engines, the roar of its guns. You understand such things?" She considers Izzy. "What augments do you carry?"

blacklight101
2016-06-14, 03:30 PM
The vox went off and the door opened again for the Rogue Trader herself. She gave a short bow and a respectful "Lady-Captain."

"W-Well, i only have my spinal shunt for the MIU at the helm." Izzy turns her head and lifts her hair away from it, dropping her hair after a couple seconds to cover it again. Her smile lit up like Felicia's when she started to talk, losing some of her nervousness. She ran a hand through her hair as she started."I suppose i understand as best i can for as unaugmented as i am, I just know it's like a different world when I'm plugged in up there. Seeing what the Raven sees through her sensor net, feeling her drives run hot on an escape burn as my heart starts to race along with them. It's a different world for those hours, for sure. You must feel it so much more keenly though, with all your augments."

Izzy was fairly sure she envied Felicia a bit, being that much closer to the Holy Machine that was their ship. Hell, some days she wished she could spend all her time in the helm, but it was exhausting all same, no matter that (aside from liking to consider it her Raven when the Lady-Captain isn't on the bridge) Izzy could feel and see what she did, but likely not as clearly as the techpriestess. Too bad the priesthood only takes them young, Izzy was thinking she could fit in with them, close to the machines as they are.

blacklight101
2016-06-17, 04:32 PM
Day Four

She felt like crap when she woke up. Dreams had her sleeping poorly the last few ship-nights. She drank to help herself sleep, it was just a bit too much. Izzy sat up slowly (her head was spinning) and swung her feet over the side of her bed. Her stomach felt raw. After she rubbed some of the bleariness out of her eyes, she saw one of her bottles of amasec was almost a third gone.Yeah, definitely overdid it last night She started to stand up and retched. Oh, frak, that's not good! She ran to the small washroom quickly for the state she was in, missing the toilet the first time.

Fifteen minutes had her sobered up, another twenty had her and her washroom clean. Rough start to the day. Checking her chron, she had overslept too. Well, overslept for her; she still had maybe thirty minutes before her shift started, so no time for the mess hall before shift either. Ok, if plugging in doesn't kick my ass, I think I can handle it. If it kicks my ass, i'll just have to deal with it. Izzy didn't want to get sick at her station again, but luckily it was before she entered Lady Vess' service the last time it happened.

The briefing was just about the same as when she was relieved the days before, a few Warp eddies but they were far off, hints of some storms over in that non-euclidean direction, and a small tendril of something-or-other that they would have to travel by in the next few days. Relatively calm sailing, for what it was worth, and Izzy was glad to hear it in her state that morning. Plugging in brought the normal wave of feelings that she loved and a nice little wave of sickness along with it. She managed to keep it down this time. Ok, ok. I can handle this drek. I'm a little dizzy, but i'll be fine.

When Danica relieved her when her shift was done, it felt almost like a miracle. Izzy was dehydrated and her head was starting to hurt again. Unplugging just gave her another wave of sickness, though not near so bad as that morning had been. Giving out a quick report, she made her way to the mess hall to finally get some food in her stomach and something to drink. Upon reaching it, she was greeted with what was, to her, the most wonderful damn smell possible. Cooking meat.

She felt far better after she finished. That kind of food was almost the perfect cure. She should have taken the time to eat earlier, but was fairly sure it wouldn't have gone well with those unexpected Warp currents earlier. Worst part of the day over (hopefully), Izzy headed back to her quarters to settle in to a good book unless some officer's meeting or function or even just the urge to wander around the Raven drug her away from it.

Cilvyn
2016-06-19, 02:31 PM
Ruth spent some time with Felicia and Izzy. She was happy to see her techpriest was doing good and the surgery and recovery went well.

Day four
With a growl Ruth steps out of bed, Yesterday was a late evening, too much things to do, paperwork to deal with, consultation with officers and what not. After freshening up she worked her list of daily morning routines: freshening up, picking out some fancy clothes, combing her hair and pin it up and put one of her cloth flowers in it. She puts on her heel-boots and puts on her gloves to cover her disformed hands.

As per usual the old scribe enters her quarters. He among a few others are mostly with her, except the senior officers ofcourse who are also always close to her. Albus served her father and his father before him and is one of the most loyal people on the ship. He is just a scribe and not very well-of but he is knowledgable and a damn good scribe. Ruth tells his the today's tasks and leaves her quarters for the bridge.

Sheis in a good mood and feels like talking to anyone on the bridge.

Cilvyn
2016-06-28, 08:38 AM
After Session 2

Ruth's clothes are splattered with blood of the alien Claudia so skillfully blased to pieces just a littlebit too close to her. She is still a bit shellshocked from the fight and the traumatic experience from the halucigin toxics. Although Ruth was accustomed to drugs and build up quite a good resistance to it, this was something else.

After the fight she takes the crew and the Kroot Skri'vva, the new addition to the group, back to the ship. There she orders a group of medics down to the planet together with some secretaries to make sure the people on the planet are both taken care of (in the medical sense of the word.. no genocide :P) and convinced the shootout was in fact to protect the inhabitants of the city. If the knowledge of the fight would be twisted around, it might end up in the wrong hands. People might think Ruth violated the gentlemans agreement and attacked lady Brass as well in the confusion. (this all with your discression, SF)

On the way back to the ship Ruth supports Claudia. She knows it's not necassary and her fragile body isn't nearly enough to support the hulking mass of Claudia, but at least it isa gesture of friendship and care. You did amazing, Claudia, without you Skri'vva would be gone and we all be dead. Thank you! The last words she directs at both her, the void mistress and the techpriest.

Back on the ship Ruth takes both Skri'vva and Claudia to the sickbay and makes sure her best chirurgeons make sure their heavy injuries will be healed as soon as possible. Ruth herself withdraws to her quarters shortly afterwards and washes herself and her hair thoroughly and puts on new clothes. She leaves off the armor and is happy to wear some clean clothes and is back in a more quiet enviroment where she is not forced to do what she is actually pretty bad at: fighting.

She takes out the books and makes sure the payment for Skri'vva is in order. She knows how important business transactions are and dealing with these negotiations correctly and without delay. From her clothes the retrieves the ewelry she bought on the planet. However they look quite primitive, but pretty it could be very well seen as smething exotic. She puts in the earrings with some odd barbs on it which looks like teeth, made of metal. A reminder of a frightening fight, but an overal succes and the beginning of restoring the gory of her House.

After this she checks up on Claudia and Skri'vva. She sits at her best friend's bed and just chitchats like they do, to take Claudia's mind off the pain. Also Ruth asks if she needs something else from the planet before they leave (Just som fluff if FD wants to make more aquissitions)

The other two ladies also get a visit from Ruth. As their employer and friend it's important to check up on them after such a fight. Not to make sure they are okay, but to strenghten their friendship and showing them she cares about them. Ruth leaves the formalities behind. Everyone knows, tomorrow they will again be miss Montoya and miss Hemming, but for now they'reall equal and the same.