PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for pathfinder character

drakoonity
2016-06-11, 09:44 PM
So I will be playing with a new group here in a little bit and would like some ideas for a character. I'm pretty familiar with 3.5 but never played pathfinder. We are sticking to the core rule book and will expand as we go so have to stay in that one book. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Geddy2112
2016-06-11, 10:06 PM
Well...what do you want to do? TWF human fighter? Diplomancer half elf bard? blaster halfling sorcerer? Do you know what the others will be playing or anything about the setting?

Formless Entity
2016-06-11, 11:16 PM
The classes are going to be more balanced and your character will be getting something new every level.

Due to that level dipping is not that effective in pathfinder (especially compared to 3.5).

You also get a bonus hp or skill point for levelling up in your favored class (of which you choose one, unless you are a half-elf in which case you choose too.)

The races are more well balanced and all get a +2 bonus to two stats and a +2 to another. Except for humans and half-humans (like half-elves and half-orcs).

The feats include for options for things like Monks and Fighter-Wizards if you have interest in using those.

I would recommend trying out something you did not want to in 3.5 because it felt sub-par if you ever did that.