PDA

View Full Version : DM Help 3 person Evil party, dilema of what to throw at them.

Lichemporer
2016-06-11, 09:46 PM
I just started doing a 3.5E campaign everyone went evil.. a Adult gold cleric of Tiamat, half elf necromancer and drow half dragon combat rogue. now the cleric hates healing so the party is in the issue of healing. should i just make a npc for it and then do standard or let them face challenges and let them die if they dont pull together? im really torn on this and open to tips or suggestions. im really new and unsure what to do.

Geddy2112
2016-06-11, 10:03 PM
The same stuff you would throw at any similar 3 person party. Whatever is appropriate for the campaign and setting, being evil changes very little-evil monsters and bandits are not suddenly their friend, and depending on their actions it is not unlikely that good aligned heroes, guards, and even good outsiders might come after them.

Usually, a dedicated healer is not needed, and if they don't want to help each other and work together and die because of it...lesson learned.

Lichemporer
2016-06-11, 10:07 PM
yeah i see the point but im not sure the party will respond well, they obliterated a small village near waterdeep. so they got poeple after them now obviously due to stupidity and the dungeon i set might kill 2/3 with the last becoming a servant of the vampire. i figure good aligned would of went way better and less stresssful for longterm play.

Thrudd
2016-06-11, 10:13 PM
These characters sound ridiculous. Send Elminster and Drizzt to get them, with a cadre of ancient gold dragons working for Bahamut to take out the traitor.

Lichemporer
2016-06-11, 10:20 PM
These characters sound ridiculous. Send Elminster and Drizzt to get them, with a cadre of ancient gold dragons working for Bahamut to take out the traitor.

the gold wanted to be the daughter of protanthar... who is the strongest of gold dragons and once leader of the gold dragon flight of faerun as well as one of the strongest followers of bahamut. he is alive. send him as well i guess. thanks that vampire i made will be the go between of waterdeep and everyone else wanting the party. this will be a wonderful "every action has a equal and oppisite reaction" moment.

Leon
2016-06-12, 02:16 AM
All the stuff with a G in its alignment in addition the normal stuff you would have in your world to be encounter, evil or not PCs are going to clash with other evil and neutral creatures eventually.

Themrys
2016-06-12, 08:02 AM
yeah i see the point but im not sure the party will respond well, they obliterated a small village near waterdeep. so they got poeple after them now obviously due to stupidity and the dungeon i set might kill 2/3 with the last becoming a servant of the vampire. i figure good aligned would of went way better and less stresssful for longterm play.

They can make new characters when they managed to kill those characters off. Perhaps they will have learnt from the experience and either make good characters or ones that are less stupid.

ClintACK
2016-06-12, 11:57 AM
Don't throw things at your players. That's not nice. Use your words. :)

More seriously, it sounds like they aren't having any trouble making enemies. Just let them go on being evil -- while the rest of the world reacts accordingly.

Ordinary random encounters still work, and other evil beings don't necessarily have a reason to be friendly to them, and if they keep drawing attention, eventually they'll have to fight off bounty hunters and would-be heroes as well.

What level are they at?

Bohandas
2016-06-12, 04:48 PM
Tweak the numbers in the treasure table to skew it towards healing potions.

SirBellias
2016-06-12, 05:01 PM
Do whatever makes sense in context. Though now it seems you can have normal and or divine bounty hunters. Them being evil doesn't really change anything; what they do does. It does look like the situation will implode fast, unless they come up with more ridiculous antics that sound plausible.

BrianDavion
2016-06-12, 06:01 PM
the gold wanted to be the daughter of protanthar... who is the strongest of gold dragons and once leader of the gold dragon flight of faerun as well as one of the strongest followers of bahamut.

........ you need to tell this player "no" in the future. that's rediculas.

Pont
2016-06-13, 02:06 AM
Think of it in modern terms, like the party was a small gang (Hells Angels, Bloods, Crips or whatever they are called) They fight other evil gangs for territory, loot etc. Backstabbing and treason is common (no moral code), and whatever forces a good society has are going after them.

Other powerful evil forces either use them as pawns or try to kill them if they are in their way, and normal monsters don't care if they are good or evil, they just want to eat them as usual :)