PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian overload

epicniro7
2016-06-12, 02:59 AM
Hey guys I'm playing a 3.5e game with a little bit of 3.0 added in and I'm hoping for some help for a build on this barbarian I'm playing.

Right now I'm a minotaur level 6 barbarian and I'm looking at the war hulk, frenzied berserker, and berserk classes. I don't want to takes levels in bear warrior because I wouldn't be able to use my weapons and I don't want to dip into spell casting. I want to have as much tank damage as possible. Any feat recommendations, especially for rage feature, weapon suggestions, or armor would be great as well as some help with optimization.

The world is very marvel based and my dm has allowed me a campaign unique thing called hero status that gives me a bonus feat at first level and every 5 levels but garenteed me a nemesis.

Thx in advance

P.S. my dm is very clever at keeping things interesting and throwing things in to make the campaign unique and more challenging whenever he things things are getting too easy.

Troacctid
2016-06-12, 03:12 AM
Do you mean the ECL 8 minotaur (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/minotaur.htm) as it appears in the Monster Manual? As in, your 6th level barbarian is equivalent to a 14th level character? Because if so, you're going to be totally crippled, and I strongly recommend picking a different race—maybe try the minotaur from Dragonlance instead, which is much more playable.

epicniro7
2016-06-12, 10:38 AM
My dm allowed my to wave the hit die but still take the level adjustment so I'm only ECL 8

Inevitability
2016-06-12, 10:52 AM
My dm allowed my to wave the hit die but still take the level adjustment so I'm only ECL 8

Sounds balanced, perhaps even slightly on the strong side of things. I recommend taking Spirit Lion Totem from Complete Champion to gain pounce, which will allow you to make a full attack on a charge. In your case, that'd be two weapon attacks and a Powerful Charge-boosted gore attack, each hopefully dealing heavy damage.

Larrx
2016-06-12, 10:59 AM
If you're playing with the 'lose the pre-reqs, lose the benefits of the PrC' I would go war-hulk. Not because it's good from a char-op standpoint, but because if you have a way to shrink then you can turn war hulk (and no time to think) on and off. Which is just fun . . . really makes you feel like a hulk.

Of course, off the top of my head I can't think of a simple way to shrink a monstrous humanoid, but this is 3.5 . . . there must be a way.

torrasque666
2016-06-12, 11:37 AM
Of course, off the top of my head I can't think of a simple way to shrink a monstrous humanoid, but this is 3.5 . . . there must be a way.
Compression power. Like reduce person, but for anyone. Level 1 psionics.

Inevitability
2016-06-12, 01:40 PM

Lords of Madness has a 10000 GP ring that reduces any creature by one size. It's flavorful too: the ring is literally all that prevents you from turning into a rampaging hulk.