PDA

View Full Version : Really Strong Guys (IC)

Some Android
2016-06-12, 12:02 PM
You arrive in the town of Seaworth - a large port city with its fair share of merchants, travelers, and tourist. You've come here looking for passage to the Dove Island as you've heard there have been clashes between a radical new extremist organization and the governing kingdom. You don't know much of Seaworth other than its connections to the ocean. However you have also recently heard stories of attacks from some vicious monster recently spotted around the city, but you're unsure if they hold and truth.

You arrive in the Brown Moth Tavern. The bar is mostly empty. A bartender is seated behind the bar. You spot an elderly man wearing monk's clothes sitting by himself. You also see a large muscular man with an enormous sword strapped to his back lying unconsciously at a table. Several empty beer steins surround his napping head. Around his neck you see a gold necklace with a ruby set in it. You also spot a group of three halflings sitting at another table and a dwarf by himself drinking ale.

Blinkbear
2016-06-12, 12:20 PM
Tharia enters the tavern with clonking armor, helmet under her arm. She quickly scans the room, and then talks to the bartender. "We'll have what he's been having." Her face shows a grin, while she casually walks over the man on the table to examine him quickly.

samduke
2016-06-12, 12:59 PM
On entering the Brown Moth Tavern Merideath looks at those whom are there then to the bartender, Barkeep an ale over here, as she walks over to the table with the halflings and sits

intending to intimidate the halflings
Intimidate +5 [roll0]

Some Android
2016-06-12, 01:32 PM
Tharia: Upon getting close to the unconscious man he suddenly leaps up and quickly draws the sharpest dagger you've ever seen. The edge on that stiletto is incredible sharp and you suspect it may be made of something other than iron. This guy looks strong though not as strong as you. Despite the fact you are far stronger than this guy he still has an aura of intimidation like he's fought hordes of monsters all stronger than him and survived. What you may have in strength he has in combat wit.

He glares at you and says "What do you want?" in a deep intimidating voice.

Merideath: Upon sitting down at the table with the halflings they go silent. Before the table was alive with conversation and laughter. Your presence sucked any amusement away from them. They stare at you not sure if you're going to attack them. A moment of silence passes and you think you hear someone talking to Tharia (maybe that unconscious guy).

Then finally one of the halflings says something. He shouts "THIS LADY IS GOING TO KILL US!!!" in a voice so loud you know people outside could hear him.

Another halfling chimes in "PLEASE DON'T KILL US MUSCLE LADY!!!" The trio of halflings reach inside their coats and all draw weapons. One has a club. The other two have blunt daggers. It's clear they've never seen combat before. They cower before you weapons sticking forward at arm's length.

samduke
2016-06-12, 02:48 PM
Tharia: Upon getting close to the unconscious man he suddenly leaps up and quickly draws the sharpest dagger you've ever seen. The edge on that stiletto is incredible sharp and you suspect it may be made of something other than iron. This guy looks strong though not as strong as you. Despite the fact you are far stronger than this guy he still has an aura of intimidation like he's fought hordes of monsters all stronger than him and survived. What you may have in strength he has in combat wit.

He glares at you and says "What do you want?" in a deep intimidating voice.

Merideath: Upon sitting down at the table with the halflings they go silent. Before the table was alive with conversation and laughter. Your presence sucked any amusement away from them. They stare at you not sure if you're going to attack them. A moment of silence passes and you think you hear someone talking to Tharia (maybe that unconscious guy).

Then finally one of the halflings says something. He shouts "THIS LADY IS GOING TO KILL US!!!" in a voice so loud you know people outside could hear him.

Another halfling chimes in "PLEASE DON'T KILL US MUSCLE LADY!!!" The trio of halflings reach inside their coats and all draw weapons. One has a club. The other two have blunt daggers. It's clear they've never seen combat before. They cower before you weapons sticking forward at arm's length.

Merideath, to the halflings, buy the drink and you live!

listen check someone talking to Tharia
Listen +1 [roll0] - to overhear the conversation

Some Android
2016-06-12, 03:29 PM
Merideath, to the halflings, buy the drink and you live!

listen check someone talking to Tharia
Listen +1 [roll0] - to overhear the conversation

One of the halflings exclaims "THIS CRAZY LADY IS TRYING TO ROB US! HELP!!!"

You also hear the large muscular man talking to Tharia.

Blinkbear
2016-06-12, 05:22 PM
Tharia steps back to take a better look at the man. She seems more fascinated than intimidated, and her lips form a smile as though she likes what she's seeing. "Just checkin' what they're serving for dessert here", she answers, winking. Then, obviously disturbed by the halflings claims, without actually turning her head, she mumbles "Moradin's beard...", and her face changes to slight annoyance. She takes a deep breath. "Would you excuse me for a second there?" She presents her best smile, and turns over to her comrade, to make sure that she's estimating the situation correctly. If no one stops her, she moves a few steps in the halflings direction, and tries to calm them: "Don't worry. She ain't biting. Not nowadays, anyway."

JNAProductions
2016-06-12, 06:05 PM
Goultard walks in, and sees the halflings with weapons drawn. Ah! A welcoming party! How courteous.

Some Android
2016-06-12, 06:46 PM
The halflings shriek "THE BIG PEOPLE HAVE REINFORCEMENTS!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" They continue to have their weapons drawn and pointed at you while slowly backing away from the table.

The big man Tharia was talking to meanwhile sheaths his dagger. He then motions a hand to the large blade on his back. His hand grasps the handle, but he doesn't draw it. He's just preparing for if anything goes down.

Meanwhile the bartender has grabbed a load crossbow not sure who to fire at. The elderly man in monk's clothes seems calm and just takes another sip from his drink. The other dwarf is confused as to what's going on and doesn't do anything to warrant your attentions in hopes he won't get drawn into this.

JNAProductions
2016-06-12, 06:49 PM
Now now, Goultard chides the little folk. You aren't going to die. Maybe get knocked out-but certainly not die. Or... Do you not want to fight? he adds, a little confused.

samduke
2016-06-12, 06:49 PM
Merideath, looking satisfied at the scared halflings, deposits 1 gp on the table , Ale all around barkeep

Some Android
2016-06-12, 08:02 PM
The bartender gives Merideath the greatest expression of confusion before saying "What the crap?" as if completely baffled by what she's doing. He continues to hold his crossbow up ready to fire at anyone that makes a move. The halflings continue to shake in terror with "weapons" drawn.

It's at this point two more people enter the tavern. One is an elf and the other is a half elf. They both wear chainmail and have crests on their armor (most likely town guard). The half elf has his weapon (a long sword) drawn while the other merely places his hand on his blades handle. The elf says "What's going on in here? We were on patrol and heard all this shouting!"

samduke
2016-06-12, 09:55 PM
The bartender gives Merideath the greatest expression of confusion before saying "What the crap?" as if completely baffled by what she's doing. He continues to hold his crossbow up ready to fire at anyone that makes a move. The halflings continue to shake in terror with "weapons" drawn.

It's at this point two more people enter the tavern. One is an elf and the other is a half elf. They both wear chainmail and have crests on their armor (most likely town guard). The half elf has his weapon (a long sword) drawn while the other merely places his hand on his blades handle. The elf says "What's going on in here? We were on patrol and heard all this shouting!"

just these fellows or something, I did just offer to buy a round of drinks

Some Android
2016-06-12, 10:15 PM
The halfling with a club says "The big muscle woman lies! She wanted to eat us and finish off her meal of us with alcohol!"

Blinkbear
2016-06-13, 01:31 AM
Tharia sighs when all the weapons are drawn. She puts her helmet down on a nearby table and slowly rises her empty hands. Just as she wants to say something, the door flies open and the guards enter. She looks right at the guards, puts on an apologizing smile, and again tries to say something but Merideath is faster. When the halflings spat out their answer, she finally interfers, and slightly bows, before saying: Please excuse us, as it seems, our bad manners led to an even worse misunderstanding. We would like to apologize for that, as we seem to have disturbed the other patrons with our humor. After all, we did not travel to your city to cause trouble."

BTW, she has her waraxe with her, but is not drawn, rather hanging from her body on a belt/harness going from one of her shoulders to the opposing hip. (sorry for the bad description, basically what modern large firearms have so you can carry them around.) Oh, and she also has the symbol of Moradin as a big silvery amulet hanging around her neck.

(Please roll diplomacy for me, if you see fit (+6). She would also like to see the other patrons as "allies" in this situation, trying to calm the other patrons with her aura of courage.)

Some Android
2016-06-13, 01:19 PM
"Alright now everybody calm down." The elf says. "Now we just can't have people screaming murder in a pub. That's how riots start. Please come with me back to headquarters. I want to question you and get to the bottom of this."

diplomacy check: [roll0]
*and in the future roll your own dice rolls.

JNAProductions
2016-06-13, 01:21 PM
"Alright now everybody calm down." The elf says. "Now we just can't have people screaming murder in a pub. That's how riots start. Please come with me back to headquarters. I want to question you and get to the bottom of this."

diplomacy check: [roll0]
*and in the future roll your own dice rolls.

Rather rude, don't you think? I came in for a drink, and now I'm being arrested. Surely you can settle this here, where we can enjoy ourselves.

Blinkbear
2016-06-13, 03:13 PM
Tharia smiles apologetically. into the direction of the guards. "Of course, officers. Again, our strange humor after a long day of travel, which proves to be inappropriate when talking to members of the town guard." The last part (italic) of the sentence comes with a beseeching glance into her comrades direction. "We don't want any distress, and so I can just once again apologize for the inconvenience. I am sure we will be able to clarify everything very soon." That being said, she slowly takes her hands down, and grabs her helmet, ready to leave. "One more thing officers, I would like to ask the patron if my horse can stay here while we are gone. It has been a long day for her, and I ain't the lightest rider."

Some Android
2016-06-14, 03:45 AM
Finally the old man in the monk's clothes chimes in : "Now calm now boys. Lass here was just having a bit of fun, and it got a little carried away with. We're all civilized here. No one's about to spill any blood - especially Gerald here."

The elf turns turns to the old man "OH! Sir Richard! My most sincere apologies. I didn't see you. Well if you say there's no brawl about to go on here we'll take your word on it. Although just to be safe I think the two of us we'll have our lunch in here. We were just about to go on break anyway."

Blinkbear
2016-06-14, 04:12 AM
Tharia turns to the one called "Sir Richard", smiles thankfully, and slightly bows. "Thank you, good sir.", then to the all of the patrons, in an honest voice: "And again, my deepest apologies for the disturbance." She then turns again to the once supposedly unconscious man. "Can I buy you an ale, big guy, or do you prefer something ... stronger? My name's Tharia, by the way." She takes a seat at the sword guy's table, putting her helmet on the stool right next to her and leaning her axe against it. Finally, she removes the gloves of her armor. Her face and body language obviously invites him to sit with her.

Some Android
2016-06-15, 12:05 AM
The gentleman in monk's clothing says "Think nothing of it."

The two members of the town guard sit down and order some drinks. The large man with the sword seems indifferent to Tharia's comments and sits down somewhere else.

But just then you hear a horrible shriek come from Merideath. She collapses on the floor and voids her bowels in an epic manner. Then a tiny demon crawled out of her face. The demon then bursts into flames catching Merideath on fire and making it completely impossible to revive her.

The big guy with the sword says "I've seen this sort of thing before. Demonic possession. Such a shame. But only weak-mined fools are prone to it. For the best I suppose. She must not have been a truly good person."

And thus Merideath was dead a million times over and no one will ever speak her name again less they suffer misery as well.

Blinkbear
2016-06-15, 08:42 AM
Tharia seems to completely freeze in her motions. Too shocked to interfere, too shocked to even react in any different way. The words of the sword guy seem to punch her back into reality, and she starts babbling something very lowly in dwarven language, while her eyes get really wet "...always thought...misguided...could lead her back...the pits.... Then, she falls into a silent prayer for a moment, until the thought of Merideath finally being free after all this time, puts a milder look onto her face.

Tharia leans back in her chair, repeats her order if necessary, and has ale and lunch. If someone (Goultard?) should want to join her, she is obviously welcoming whoever it is. During the meal, she tries to analyze the people around her. Especially the big guy who did not even say "No" to the offered beer, although his indifference and rejection of course could have to do with the complete situation, or that he simply did not like her way or looks. The other person she is most interested in is Sir Richard.

((She uses detect evil (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectEvil.htm) (spell like, so no gestures, words, etc...), and I also give you some spot and sense motive rolls to get a hang of the situation and the other patrons, especially the two mentioned guys:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

))

Some Android
2016-06-17, 10:14 AM
Tharia scans the room. There doesn't appear to be anything noteworthy or surprising. The big guy is just anti-social and keeping to himself - the loner type. The man in monk's clothes seems kind yet also reserved and humble. The halflings are still a little shaken up over being harassed. The other dwarf though see welcoming there's another of his kind. The two guards are ordering food, and the bartender has finally put away his crossbow. You can't detect anyone evil in here as well.

Blinkbear
2016-06-19, 06:32 PM
When finished with scanning the room, she gets up, takes whatever is left from her lunch, and gets over to the dwarf with a winning smile on her lips. "Hail the father! Would you alliw me to spice up my lunch by enjoying the company of a fellow dwarf?"

[roll0]

Some Android
2016-06-20, 02:29 PM
The dwarf says to Tharia "Well off course. There aren't too many dwarves around these parts and I was glad to see one of my own kind. My names Rec'rik."

Blinkbear
2016-06-20, 02:36 PM
Tharia smiles happily, puts the rest of her lunch on the table. "I am Tharia, it's a pleasure. If I may ask, do you live here, or are you a traveler like me?"