PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming: Who would you like to save?

hymer
2016-06-12, 01:14 PM
I'm in need of a jog to my thinking: Suppose your PC frees an NPC from a goblin pit. Which NPC would you enjoy saving? The floor is quite open for suggestions, so people from your campaign, from the real world, from other stories entirely are all acceptable. Just please tell us why you'd enjoy saving that character/person.
Thanks in advance!

Sky
2016-06-12, 06:32 PM
A chef who will cook me a delicious meal in exchange for rescue.
(The quickest way to an adventurer's heart is through the stomach.) That way, you don't have to chop through the ribcage...

A weapon smith who has a lead on a tapped-out mithril/adamantine mine that might not be completely empty of the metal.
(Discounts on crafting for providing the material yourself? Yes please.)

A kitten/puppy/adorable baby manticore.
(Even baby wargs start as puppies. Everybody likes cute.)

Long-lost parent/sibling/cousin/ex.
(Hopefully self-explanatory.)

A dinosaur.
(Because dinosaur.)

A celebrity adventurer fallen on hard times. (Extra points if you make a Lockheart-like character.)
(Offers of fame and fortune are usually pretty good for PCs.)

An enemy spy who is trying to defect.
(This guy/girl/sentient plant/whatever has valuble information, but is only willing to share it with the general/queen/guard captain/local mob boss.)

SirBellias
2016-06-12, 08:52 PM
My good for nothing cousin who can't get out himself due to losing an arm last time we went out.

My childhood crush who I had hoped to return to in much more peaceful circumstances.

My old mentor, for the joy it would be to finally repay her.

A goblin mad scientist, who I can go to for advice and to shore up my lack of intelligence.

veti
2016-06-12, 09:10 PM
The arrogant self-styled "legendary" adventurer who was laughing at me in the tavern yesterday. Think Lord Flashheart (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC3sURgYxng).

Koo Rehtorb
2016-06-12, 09:23 PM
My long term rival.

JNAProductions
2016-06-12, 09:26 PM
The princess.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-13, 01:16 AM
The person who threw us into a pit 5 sessions ago, and against whom we have been hatching revenge fantasies ever since.

hymer
2016-06-13, 06:40 AM
@ Sky: Thanks! I like how you think.

@ SirBellias: Good ideas, thank you!

@ veti: Though Flashheart would of course never be caught in a pit! Thanks.

@ Koo Rehtorb: "Indiana Jones? Adieu." Thanks!

@ JNAProductions: I'd be afraid she was in another pit, though. Thank you!

@ Lvl 2 Expert: Natch! Thanks!