PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Feat: Whip Master

Goober4473
2016-06-13, 12:59 AM
Another feat I'm considering based on the new weapon mastery feats. The whip doesn't get enough love.

Whip Master
You have mastered the art of the whip. Fedora not required.

When you use a whip, its damage die changes from a d4 to a d6.
You have +1 to attack rolls you make with a whip.
If you disarm an opponent with a whip, you can bring the object to a free hand, if you have one, or to any space within your reach. If you are not playing with the Disarm action, instead you can use the Disarm action with a whip.
You can attempt to trip a creature with a whip. Treat this is a shove attempt, but you make an attack roll in place of your Strength (Athletics) check.
So long as there is a banister, tree branch, or other object overhead you could wrap your whip around, you can jump twice as far as normal and you have advantage on checks made to climb.

I feel like it needs more, or at least something a little more directly powerful. What do you all think?

Steampunkette
2016-06-13, 01:43 AM
Attack rolls and damage increase are strong. I feel it needs more theme, like whip tricks. Picking up objects under 10 pounds with the whip, for example.

Goober4473
2016-06-13, 02:01 AM
Attack rolls and damage increase are strong. I feel it needs more theme, like whip tricks. Picking up objects under 10 pounds with the whip, for example.

I think that might actually be a good replacement for the disarming rule. That way, if you disarm someone with your whip, you can pick up the weapon if it's not too heavy.

Any other ideas for tricks?

khadgar567
2016-06-13, 03:52 AM
I think that might actually be a good replacement for the disarming rule. That way, if you disarm someone with your whip, you can pick up the weapon if it's not too heavy.

Any other ideas for tricks?
yea it forces you to use disarm every turn and you cant disarm(ultimate result) fist from someone unless you enchant that way

Goober4473
2016-06-14, 01:12 PM
yea it forces you to use disarm every turn and you cant disarm(ultimate result) fist from someone unless you enchant that way

What forces you to disarm? I'm not following here.

I'm also going to add: You have advantage on attack rolls you make with a whip against objects.

khadgar567
2016-06-14, 01:18 PM
What forces you to disarm? I'm not following here.

I'm also going to add: You have advantage on attack rolls you make with a whip against objects.
forget it pls