PDA

View Full Version : V:tR - Character of Assassination

Drunedale
2016-06-13, 07:25 AM
The muggy Pittsburgh air hadn't dissipated by the time the sun was setting. The noise of the city also didn't settle with the setting of the sun, the rumble of car engines, buzzing of neon lights, and music piping out of bars sang the slow chant of city life long after the sun a left the skies clear of its warmth. The night is young, but it has the feeling of an old familiar friend across the city. It's Friday, the streets are lit, the food is warm. It's time for a night out on the town, for most people. Your plans for the evening were cut short, summoned by your regent before you had even finished rising for the evening. The message from your Elder was short, but the call was undeniable. "Come quickly, do not be followed."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Elder, John Stiles, lives in a home on Squirrel Hill. While it's not a large home, it does stand out from his neighbors as surprisingly well kept, even if the lawn is completely devoid of grass. The lawn has had all the sod removed, allowing for concrete to be poured and a rock garden to be arraigned across the front of the house, facing Schenley Park. When you arrive the lights are on inside the house, with a few cars parked on the street outside the home. A Ford F-150, a Toyota Camry, and a Cadillac Escalade. Aside from the vehicles on the street and a few mortals walking the park, the street seems devoid of activity.

Ionbound
2016-06-13, 11:38 AM
Hannah grumbles as she rises to a beeping phone alerting her of John's summons. She reads the text and sighs, grumbling to herself, "At least I didn't have anything planned...Couldn't have come at a better time, really." She sighs and rubs her head as she sits up, then spends a few minutes making herself presentable before hopping on a subway to Scheneley Park, and strolling around for a bit to make sure she wasn't followed before walking to the Elder's house on Squirrel Hill/

Aruetii
2016-06-14, 10:25 PM
Shawn reclined back in his chair as he read the summons on his phone. "Well, guess we better go see what we're needed for right?" He pat the golden retriever's head gently, motioning towards the leash as the dog moved to retrieve it as he got up. With a stretch he moved over and retrieved the dog's vest, putting it on him along with the leash. He made his way downstairs to where his car was parked, driving over towards John's place.

When he pulled up he did what any sane information gathering ghoul would do. First he made sure that no one was watching him, then he pulled out his phone and started taking pictures of the cars and more specifically, their license plates. Never know when you're going to need that kind of information. Once his completely honorable snooping was accomplished he got out of the car with his dog, walking up and knocking gently on the door.

EikaForge
2016-06-15, 03:27 AM
Della steps out of the run down firehouse that served as the communal haven for her fellow sisters and brothers, thick door latching shut behind her. She took a moment to enjoy the sunless night and bathe in the moon's embrace. A perfect ambiance to hunt by,...perhaps her elder had prey for her to hunt tonight. Keys rattle in her hands as she walks to her truck and opens the door, its edges showing rust. The old beast roaring to life as Della starts the engine and sets out on her way.

She cuts the engine after parking several blocks away and proceeds on foot, hiding herself with the most basic of obfuscation. It may not fool someone following her, but it would ward off the casual onlooker from wondering about her attire. No, the several blocks of walking would be good enough to spot any tails she picked up.

Once she was at her elder's home, she lightly, casually, knocks on his door.

Drunedale
2016-06-15, 06:22 AM
The door opened for each of you, showing a trio of men standing inside. Each of them wore an ear-piece and a holster, their guns clipped in but within easy reach. Aside from these uniform accessories each were dressed in a casual fashion. Throw a light jacket on to cover the holster and they could easily fit into any of the city streets this evening. One of them held a clip-board, referring to it as he studies your face. After a few more silent moments the man with the clipboard nods and steps away from the door. "Welcome to Mr. Stiles home. Please follow Mr. Eager downstairs where Mr. Stiles will join you." One of the doormen stepped deeper into the house, indicating for you to follow him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Eager does not descend into the basement with you, merely gesturing for you to descend as you reach the stairwell. You understand that this is a polite command, but a command none-the-less. The basement practically shines as you walk down the hardwood stairs, leaving behind the pedestrian main floor. The basement floor is hard white tile, the walls covered in mirrors with a light blue trim. LED lights are recessed into the ceiling and along each wall, using the mirrors on the wall to provide indirect lighting to the entire basement. Along the side of the basement are assorted wicker chairs, couches, and a single suspended rope hammock, the light tan of the furniture causing them to stand out from the rest of the basement. Behind the stairs there's a small bar, colored bottles of liquid stacked behind it all the way up to the ceiling. No bar stools sully the dark wood of the bar and its white marble top, this is a bar that you visit before making memories with guests, not one you camp at to drink away your inhibitions with strangers. Normally the speakers suspended in the corners of the room would be playing music, jazz if you had to wager a guess, but today the basement is eerily still, the only sound being your own foot steps and breath, for those of you who still deign to breath in this sanctum.

Ionbound
2016-06-15, 07:28 PM
Hannah heads down into the basement, unamused by the whole affair, and sits down cross-legged on one of the couches, saying to the room at large, "Well, we're here. What was so important we had to get here as soon as we woke up?"

EikaForge
2016-06-20, 04:16 AM
Della growls slightly at the 'command', making it very clear she does not appreciate it. Never the less, she descends into the basement and plops down on a couch. "In due time, we shall see."

Aruetii
2016-06-20, 10:25 AM
Shawn bowed his head gently towards Mr. Eager as he gave the command to descend the stairs into the haven proper. Modem walks with in stride with him, not fazed by the undying creatures the dog was walking beside. Once they were in the room he sat himself down in a chair, the dog curling up along its side as he looked around. He didn't say anything to the other two, looking them over for a moment before shrugging.

Drunedale
2016-06-21, 11:26 AM
It isn't long before you hear footsteps on the floor above you. Some muffled conversation, followed by the rumble of an engine outside indicate someone leaving your Elder's home. Shortly after the front door closes, John comes down the stairs. He wears one of his countless suits, a single emerald green tie prominently breaking the black and white silhouette. His red hair is just showing touches of silver, and has been for as long as any of you have known him. His hair is just long enough to be considered mildly rebellious, everything else about him under perfect control. While he normally exudes confidence and unshakable will, he seems tense and more than slightly annoyed as he plays with his cuff links. Glancing about the room, he ensures that everyone is here before he personally acknowledges anyone. "You were all prompt, I'll grant you that. Thank you for coming so quickly, a matter has been brought to my attention that requires my assistance." John pauses, making eye contact with each of you individually before continuing. "Tara Aiken has contacted the Prince directly, claiming that one of her parish members has gone missing. Tara insists that the Circle of the Crone has resumed their abductions of humans for 'their blood-letting rituals and other assorted barbarisms' if you would like to have the exact quote. For obvious reasons, the Prince does not want Tara's particular brand of insanity to spread to the other members of her Sanctum, so he said that we would investigate on his behalf. Some of you may have a vested interest in not starting a witch hunt for coven members, and all of us want to avoid the crusade that Tara wants to begin in full. Because of that, we will all need to locate this human and return her location to Tara as soon as possible. I want result by dawn, we cannot allow this to drag on any longer that Tara's already unstable nerves will survive." John walked over to the bar and pulled a manila envelope from his jacket, opening it on the counter top and lifting out a single page. "This is all the information we have on Lisa Thompson, single parish member of the Church of the Martyr. Works as a waitress at a local Texas Outback. 23 years old, blonde, 5'4", with a fear of cats. Not a lot to go on, not even a home address. We believe that she has a roommate but Tara didn't know her name. The Prince has other resources looking for this girl as well, so we need to be the first to find her location." John slapped the paper onto the bar top, stepping away from it into the center of the room. "It's not a lot to go on, but I expect perfection, otherwise I wouldn't have contacted you. Now, what questions do you have. I have another engagement that I must depart for in 12 minutes."

Ionbound
2016-06-21, 04:10 PM
Hannah sighs and says, "Of course. More running around on errands, less time for research." She rubs her forehead, and waxes philosophical, "Between the two kind of fanatics, I can't say which I prefer less." She smiles at the thought and says, "Though I suppose as my elder, you do make the deciding vote. This woman, Lisa...I doubt we'll find her alive, or at the least, not human, knowing the Crones. What is the blowback we're looking at if things go poorly?"

Aruetii
2016-06-24, 07:39 PM
"If the Crones killed or turned all the humans they encountered I wouldn't be here and they wouldn't have anybody worshiping them. Don't think they'd like that bargain too much. While I doubt the entire Circle here has resumed abducting humans it is a possibility that some members have gone off on their own for it. I don't know if it will be possible to narrow Tara's crusade down to the people actually responsible or if we'll just have to kill them ourselves if it comes down to it. How much time do they have on us with this?"

Shawn rises from his seat along with the dog, going over to look at the piece of paper.

EikaForge
2016-06-25, 01:07 AM
"Pfft, Tara narrow down her crusade? Like that will ever happen." Della snorted, "Her work might have her home address, from that we could find the roommate and see what that would turn up."

Drunedale
2016-06-25, 12:42 PM
The corners of John's mouth twitch, his collected persona breaking for a brief moment in response to Hannah's question. "If Ms. Thompson is not discovered whole and hale... Tara has never been one for restraint. It is quite likely that she would impress upon the Prince the importance of judgement among the Kindred. Should Ms. Thompson be in any way damaged, and there is no responsible party discovered, the Prince may be forced to reopen the restriction on Crone activities and grant the Sanctum the opportunity to re-enact their persecution." John placed both hands behind his back, stopping himself from fiddling with his cufflinks further. "Tara is personally invested in all of her congregants, but is seems that Ms. Thompson is special to her. Do bear in mind as you conduct the investigation, that Tara will be very attentive to your results." John released his hands and walked towards the stairs, looking at his wristwatch as he placed his first foot on the step up to the main floor. "Tara indicated that Ms. Thompson was absent at the Sanctum's regular fellowships. That was 18 hours ago. Since then Tara has taken to insisting that each Elder and all of her Kindred begin searching for her lost lamb. That being said, my time is too valuable for such trivial activities. You are acting in my stead." Without looking back at the upstairs door John called up to the guards at the front. "Mr. Delaney, please see to my guests for their duration. I don't believe they'll be staying long." In a slightly softer voice John addressed the three Kindred in his basement. "If that is all, I must depart. Best of luck, and I anticipate a status report by dawn. Make it something that Tara won't try to kill me over."

Ionbound
2016-06-25, 02:46 PM
Hannah sighs at John's response and says, "I see. In that case...We better get on this, then. Farewell. Hopefully the Overzealous Templar won't kill us all."

Aruetii
2016-06-29, 04:09 PM
"Yes, I don't think we'll be staying here too long." He looks over towards his new coworkers. "I believe before we go and charge out there we should take a moment and introduce ourselves so we can figure out what we're good at."

EikaForge
2016-06-30, 12:08 AM
"Since I don't see this arrangement lasting long, you may call me Bell." Della said in a demeaning voice, clearly considering her coworkers as inferior. "To put it simply, I am a hunter. I track prey down, and then normally kill it."