PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Arc Jump (Sci-fi setting spell rough draft)

1Forge
2016-06-13, 08:02 PM
(This is a homebrew spell intended for the pseudo-dragon companion of one of my players in our sci-fi campaign. Though I may allow my players to take it.)
Arc Jump
Range:30 ft
V,S, (You'll also need a material if your a player)
Instant
When an enemy successfully does physical damage to an ally within 30 ft you may teleport to within 5 ft of that enemy. They must make a constitution saving throw, on a fail they take 1d10 psychic damage each turn the caster continues the spell, the target is also paralyzed. Enemys who succeed their saving throw must either take the damage or be paralyzed (their choice) but ongoing effects end. The spell ends when the target saves, or the caster chooses to end it. While continuing the spell casters cannot take any other actions and cannot defend themselves without breaking the spell.

In my setting creatures from Viala (the magic place) have an elemental affinity. This spell combines the pseudo dragons lightning affinity (it turns into lightning and arcs to it's target) and it's psychic ability as is mentally bombards it's target.

(Yes this spell may seem overpowered in some areas, but the main reason is because weaponry in my sci-fi setting are much more powerful than the standard weapons.......... because space guns)

Digitalfruitz
2016-06-13, 08:18 PM
Seems like a really cool campaign. 3 questions; Do you plan on posting any more things from your campaign, what spell asters can cast this spell and what is the spell level?

Final Hyena
2016-06-13, 08:29 PM
To add onto Fruitz, could you also give us a brief couple of examples of the weapons in use, so we might get a feel for the campaigns balance?

1Forge
2016-06-13, 08:32 PM
Seems like a really cool campaign. 3 questions; Do you plan on posting any more things from your campaign, what spell asters can cast this spell and what is the spell level?

I post stuff from my campaign here sometimes, but not on a regular basis. (I even have all the current races and classes on here)
As for casters they'd have to be a clairvoyant (WIP class) a bard (chanter in this setting), or a lighting attuned sorcerer. Though class spell limitations are fairly loose in my games.

As for spell level I'd say 1st for now? i'm not quite sure how this spell will play yet so I'm not sure it might be 2nd.

1Forge
2016-06-13, 08:36 PM
To add onto Fruitz, could you also give us a brief couple of examples of the weapons in use, so we might get a feel for the campaigns balance?

The weapons are modified versions of the DMG modern weaponry table. (laser pistols do 3d4 radiant damage, rifles 3d8, antimatter is double that, and guns that fire bullets are usually around 2d8 and ranges are in yards)

I may post my full table of small arms and vehicular weapons but I want to be sure it dosent contradict any forum rules (some of the guns came from the DMG directly and we're not supposed to post official rules on the forum I thought)