PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What alignment is this Mummy's Mask character, and how might I improve the backstory?

Zhentarim
2016-06-14, 12:56 AM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=841921

I guessed NG, but they may also be LG or LN. Also, is there anything I can add to the fluff for more flavor?

Gildedragon
2016-06-14, 01:08 AM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=841921

I guessed NG, but they may also be LG or LN. Also, is there anything I can add to the fluff for more flavor?

NG seems good. the rebuking of his traditions for following his own fate is a chaotic trait; but otherwise seems pretty lawful...

well what sort of flavor you want?
what makes him good: friends? superiors? colleagues?
he has seen much: what did he do in the desert, did he meet anyone there? did he take a trade while in the desert?
has he got a trade: crafting, smithing, etc? does it mesh with his ideology?
Seeing how he's fear resistant and has a thing about undead: does he enjoy scary stories, tales about ghosts and monsters that go bump in the night...

Zhentarim
2016-06-14, 01:45 AM
NG seems good. the rebuking of his traditions for following his own fate is a chaotic trait; but otherwise seems pretty lawful...

well what sort of flavor you want?
what makes him good: friends? superiors? colleagues?
he has seen much: what did he do in the desert, did he meet anyone there? did he take a trade while in the desert?
has he got a trade: crafting, smithing, etc? does it mesh with his ideology?
Seeing how he's fear resistant and has a thing about undead: does he enjoy scary stories, tales about ghosts and monsters that go bump in the night...
I want a gruff, introverted, dwarf inquisitor of pharasma that deep down has a good heart. I'll say he met a necromancer and a few vulture capitalist traders doing unethical deals (I'll flash those two separate encounters out more). As a trade, I wanted him to be both a midwife and a funeral director, so I rolled the two together as (pharasman priest).

He views himself as a pragmatist first and foremost: "Ah ain't no paladin, but Ah ain't 'bouta slaughter babies ta Rovagug, knowwaddameen? Ah saw this here town, Wati, and their was this temple ta Pharasma. Ah thought childbirth was scary, so Ah do what Ah always do when Ima scared...charge in and challenge mah fear! Ah learned those necromancers ain't no good, either, so Ah like how this church don't like'em neither! Since this king of this here country is opening up these tombs, I say I'll take some treasures and feed these here hungry kids in Wati. This here human gal ain't got no ma, ya hear? I've been something of a pa to her and the church don't pay enough for the two of us."

Zhentarim
2016-06-15, 12:27 AM
Anything else anybody noticed?