PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Half Kitsune Race?

Ninjattack
2016-06-14, 12:56 AM
So I've been looking around for a while to see if there was anything for a Half breed, Human/Kitsune. I can't find any rules for any sort of half Kitsune races, which was rather disappointing.:smallannoyed:

I'm not really sure on how to proceed with home brewing this as a race, if it would even be possible.

Gildedragon
2016-06-14, 01:02 AM
So I've been looking around for a while to see if there was anything for a Half breed, Human/Kitsune. I can't find any rules for any sort of half Kitsune races, which was rather disappointing.:smallannoyed:

I'm not really sure on how to proceed with home brewing this as a race, if it would even be possible.

well pathfinder has some nice guidelines for homebrewing your own race. try and get the point total for the kitsune and go halfwayish on points and powers
some powers halve in strength, others ditch, others keep...

Florian
2016-06-14, 01:17 AM

A Half-Kitsune is a nonsensical thing. Kitsune are fox people that can shape change to look like humans (or foxes). What should the half-breed to that be? A human that can shape change to look like a fox people?

Go and refluff a catfolk, when you want something that is neither of both.

digiman619
2016-06-14, 01:21 AM
Well, the answer really depends on why you want a human/kitsune hybrid. If it's for a backstory, you can either be human with a fey bloodline, or say that kitsune breed true. But honestly, I just don't see why a half-human/half-kitsune race has to be.

Ninjattack
2016-06-14, 01:35 AM
I suppose an explanation might help to clarify.

I don't actually want to play a Half Kitsune. My actual reason for this is that the party's guide (who is a human) has a sister who married a Kitsune, and to proceed with the quest the party is going to have to go visit said sister with Kitsune husband and their Half Kitsune daughter. I just wanted to get an idea of how to build the Half Kitsune daughter because the party likes to drag along side characters and it would be better to just build the character ahead of time than to risk them dragging along someone I don't have stats for.

Gildedragon
2016-06-14, 01:37 AM

I don't actually want to play a Half Kitsune. My actual reason for this is that the party's guide (who is a human) has a sister who married a Kitsune, and to proceed with the quest the party is going to have to go visit said sister with Kitsune husband and their Half Kitsune daughter. I just wanted to get an idea of how to build the Half Kitsune daughter because the party likes to drag along side characters and it would be better to just build the character ahead of time than to risk them dragging along someone I don't have stats for.

Oh. Just slap on a half fey or feytouched template on. change the SLAs around and youre gold

Florian
2016-06-14, 01:38 AM

Then make Kitsune breed true and not create half-breeds at all. Kitsune + Human = Kitsune baby with a specific shape change form that reflects the human part of her heritage.

Ninjattack
2016-06-14, 01:55 AM
Oh. Just slap on a half fey or feytouched template on. change the SLAs around and youre gold

Then make Kitsune breed true and not create half-breeds at all. Kitsune + Human = Kitsune baby with a specific shape change form that reflects the human part of her heritage.

Great, thanks for the help!

Prime32
2016-06-14, 09:37 AM

I don't actually want to play a Half Kitsune. My actual reason for this is that the party's guide (who is a human) has a sister who married a Kitsune, and to proceed with the quest the party is going to have to go visit said sister with Kitsune husband and their Half Kitsune daughter. I just wanted to get an idea of how to build the Half Kitsune daughter because the party likes to drag along side characters and it would be better to just build the character ahead of time than to risk them dragging along someone I don't have stats for.Make the daughter a human sorcerer with an appropriate bloodline. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_no_Seimei)

Psyren
2016-06-14, 03:55 PM

This would be my approach. And sometimes you get a human with Kitsune or Fey bloodline instead.

Slithery D
2016-06-14, 04:07 PM
A Half-Kitsune is a nonsensical thing. Kitsune are fox people that can shape change to look like humans (or foxes). What should the half-breed to that be? A human that can shape change to look like a fox people?

Go and refluff a catfolk, when you want something that is neither of both.

Your'e playing a fantasy role playing game with a highly disproportionate percentage of furries and other weirdos in the player base. Why should the nonsensical part bother you?

Psyren
2016-06-14, 04:13 PM
Your'e playing a fantasy role playing game with a highly disproportionate percentage of furries and other weirdos in the player base. Why should the nonsensical part bother you?

Because down that road lies quarter-elves and eighthlings. At some point you have to just make the offspring be one parent or the other.

Arutema
2016-06-14, 05:16 PM
Paizo's chief setting guy (James Jacobs) is on record (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2o4r9?Kitsune-Fertility-Question-and-possible-cross#4) saying that such a couple would produce either human or kitsune offspring instead of some sort of hybrid creature.

digiman619
2016-06-14, 05:34 PM
Paizo's chief setting guy (James Jacobs) is on record (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2o4r9?Kitsune-Fertility-Question-and-possible-cross#4) saying that such a couple would produce either human or kitsune offspring instead of some sort of hybrid creature.

If that's the case, I'd recommend that the kid be a kitsune whose alternate form looks like the kid of the mom and the dad's alternate form.