PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help with final boss build

Huldaerus
2016-06-14, 06:31 AM
Hi there folks,

I am running an adventure that is about to end. The characters (6 of them) will be level 6-7 when they reach the final boss and I just need some help fleshing out some details with her. My group consist on a duskblade6/warblade 1, cleric 7, fighter1/swordsage5/warblade1, crusader5/fighter2, and 3 NPCS: wizard 5/frostmage 1, barbarian4/fighter 2 and a scout 5/ranger 1.

Now on the boss:

- She will be a cleric 4/ordained champion 5 of a homebrew god that I can chose domain as I see fit (time and war two of them).
- We use the spell point system from Unhearted Arcana.
- She will have 32 point buy, just as the PCs. I'm thinking Str 13, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 14 before race adjustements or level up.
- She will have 36.000 gold, just as a PC of her level.
- She will be of a homebrew race:

- +2 Dex or Int (my choice) -2 Con
-Low Light Vision
-1 level 0 and 1 level 1 arcane spell as SLA 1/day
- Proficient with each weapon with the word "elven" from Races of the Wild and I've decided that she'll use an elven courtblade to be more elvish (she's an elven supremacist)
-Apply Int to damage (same requisites as swashbuckler) or 1 extra spell point per level (my choice)
- She will have a CR 7 lieutenant and about 4-5 soldiers CR 6 around (same homebrew race but can be some extraplanar or undead if more HP or variety is needed)

I need help on how an ordained champion is suposed to be played at this level (first time i've ever play one) and some ideas for her feats, spells and items. I need her to tank up some serious damage and be able to resist hostile magic. Defense first, then damage.

Some tips on how to build the rest of enemies are appreciated too. Thanks in advance.

Thealtruistorc
2016-06-14, 09:29 PM
Okay, first of all, the aids are going to be very important to making this a tough fight, maybe some Paladins of Tyranny/Ordained Champions, Crusaders, or perhaps a few bound or otherwise loyal fiends (heck, do both at the same time. I recommend Voors). Some dedicated spellcasters will also help, given their capacity to disrupt your melee-heavy party.

In terms of tactics, utilize your access to free quickened spells to lay down a lot of buffs on yourself (divine power being the most obvious). Do your best to up your defenses, and make sure that your villain has a backup plan in case they are getting overwhelmed. Given that his fighting style seems to be lightly armed, give him a lot of room for mobility and back him up with some tougher-to-hurt comrades in heavier gear (see crusader above). Battlefield control is essential here, so make sure to perplex and separate the party members so that your boss has a clean shot at them. Given that they are elf-esque, it makes sense that they would grab a bow as well.

Huldaerus
2016-06-16, 03:11 AM
Is Divine Power really that good when you have Wis to attack/damage instead of Str from Ordained Champion?