PDA

View Full Version : Writing Can't decide how to progress plot.

Sapphire Guard
2016-06-14, 08:48 AM
Hi folks, I ran into a problem with the plot of something I'm writing, and I was wondering if someone could help me.

Basically, in this story a small freight/haulage company wins a fairly routine appearing long term contract for transport from a megacorporation. It just so happens that the relevant cargo is secretly really important for a huge long term secret project worth millions to the big corporation, as they were hoping to make some of it to secretly go missing in transit to an off the books facility. Legality and ethics aren't a concern, but the last thing they want to do is draw attention to how badly they want this cargo in their hands. What kind of things do the big company do to get back this contract or drive the small company out of business? I'm having a hard time coming up with things that aren't too obvious or dangerous.

Artman77
2016-06-23, 12:02 AM
1. The megacorporation hires a million lawyers to sue the pants of the little guy.
2. The megacorporation bribes port authorities to put some of the little company's guys in jail/impound their ships.

Though it may seem obvious to both the author and the reader, but this kind of stuff happens all the time in real life for similar reason(s) and goes largely unnoticed by the majority of the public. Those that do notice are either too busy or don't care enough to make it a major issue and get the (other) authorities involved...

Sapphire Guard
2016-06-25, 04:03 PM
Thanks for replying I thought this would just drift away unnoticed for a while. And how would you have the other side try to defend against that, then?