PDA

View Full Version : Twinborn (Mistborn era 2)

HoodedHero007
2016-06-14, 12:00 PM
So if people who can burn 1 allomantic metal are called mistings, and people who can use 1 feruchemical metal are called ferrings, then why are people who can use 1 of each called twinborn, instead of twinnings? Shouldn't people like the lord ruler be called twinborn?

Landis963
2016-06-14, 10:33 PM
So if people who can burn 1 allomantic metal are called mistings, and people who can use 1 feruchemical metal are called ferrings, then why are people who can use 1 of each called twinborn, instead of twinnings? Shouldn't people like the lord ruler be called twinborn?

The Lord Ruler is a special case, which we at the 17th Shard fansite have dubbed "Fullborn." (That is when we haven't dubbed him "OPaf") Suffice it to say in the absence of any Mistborn and Full Feruchemists, people need to call the people with one Allomantic and one Feruchemic power something.

HoodedHero007
2016-06-15, 07:52 AM
Suffice it to say in the absence of any Mistborn and Full Feruchemists, people need to call the people with one Allomantic and one Feruchemic power something.
Like twinnings?

Pronounceable
2016-06-15, 08:42 AM
Like twinnings?
Would you prefer to be called a Twinborn or a Twinning? I'd choose the one that sounds awesome, not the one that sounds like a thin and tangled thing.

Also there's no people like Lord Ruler. He's one of its kind.No, Hoid doesn't count.

Palanan
2016-06-15, 09:11 AM
I'm confused...which book is this from?

There's a "Twinborn" series by someone named J.S. Morin, but not seeing anything by Sanderson. Is this an upcoming novel, or something different?

Seerow
2016-06-15, 09:50 AM
I'm confused...which book is this from?

There's a "Twinborn" series by someone named J.S. Morin, but not seeing anything by Sanderson. Is this an upcoming novel, or something different?

It's from the second era of Mistborn Books. Specifically Alloy of Law, Shadows of Self, and Bands of Mourning

Rodin
2016-06-15, 11:29 AM
Twinnings do exist - their power is to brew a really nice cup of tea. Like, the best.