PDA

View Full Version : Awesome tattoo

BoneLord
2007-06-29, 12:57 AM
Maybe I'm just punch drunk because I haev insomnia tonight, but I just found the coolest tattoo I have ever seen.

http://www.bmeink.com/A70618/high/bmepb540893.jpg
Whoever you are, you're my hero. My whole life will be a success I ever get to be half as geeky as you.

cookie to whoever gets the wanna-be meme :smallwink:

zeratul
2007-06-29, 01:00 AM
Looks like a gamer joined Yakuza. Rad tattoo

Skippy
2007-06-29, 01:34 AM
I'd love to make me one of Zelda...

phantomhermit
2007-07-03, 02:48 PM
that is pretty cool, but i would like to have seen it all colored in.

Sisqui
2007-07-03, 02:52 PM
Blech.......:smallyuk:

Arang
2007-07-03, 03:13 PM
that is pretty cool, but i would like to have seen it all colored in.

I think it's a work in progress because it's so big. I don't know much about tattoos, so I can't say if there would be any technical problems with making a tattoo that large all at once, but I can imagine one can only take so much of a needle being prodded into your skin at once.

onasuma
2007-07-03, 03:16 PM
If you ever think of getting a tatoo, first think of what it'll look like when your 70.

Syka
2007-07-03, 03:16 PM
They can't do full back tattoo's in one sitting.

One, it would INCREDIBLY painful. Generally, if something is larger than I'd say the palm of your hand and colored in, they take more than one sitting. Some can take YEARS to complete. It also depends on the location.

The second problem is you do bleed when getting tattoos. Bleed too much and it can mess the tattoo up.

Third, the artist would need a break. :)

Judging by the detail...that has probably already gone through multiple visits....The art and detail on it are awesome.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-07-03, 03:22 PM
Whoa :smalleek: That's probably the coolest tatoo I've ever seen, but it makes me shudder thinking about getting one that big.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-07-03, 03:33 PM
Yeah. It has a very unfinished quality to it.

I wonder if the final product will eventually wind up floating in cyberspace.

CrazedGoblin
2007-07-03, 03:38 PM
itsa Mario! :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2007-07-03, 03:56 PM
*Stares*

*Shudders*

Even if I could have a tattoo, I'd never get that. Looks garish. Kudos to that person for surviving so much pain and the horror of needles under your skin...

*Shudders again*

Tobaselly
2007-07-04, 12:25 AM
Thats awesome. I think I would rather have that as a sleeve than a back tattoo, but its cool. :)

Hell Puppi
2007-07-04, 12:33 AM
That is pretty damn awesome...I think the only thing that beats it out is the the back tattoo I saw of a man riding a flaming horse destroying a village.
It was so metal.:smallcool:

ForzaFiori
2007-07-04, 02:24 AM
I'd love to make me one of Zelda...

^ditto

or sonic.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-04, 08:12 AM
One word...Overkill.

Icewalker
2007-07-04, 08:16 AM
Excessive much?

Pretty awesome though.

BooBooSpooki
2007-07-04, 12:29 PM
Yarr, the new era of Hell's Gamerz arises! :smallbiggrin:

Hoggy
2007-07-04, 01:54 PM
When I'm older I want a tattoo of Bob Goatse on my back.

I'm in a really strange mod today.

PlatinumJester
2007-07-04, 02:56 PM
This is the coolest tattoo ever.

http://zelda-fans.com/blog/wp-content/images/Wind%20Waker%20Tattoo%20Colored.jpg

i would probably get one very similar but I'm too much of a ***** to let a fat man repeatedly pick my skin with a needle.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-04, 06:53 PM
For some odd reason the only tattoo I've ever given serious consideration to is a celtic knotwork anklet. I'm sure it's one of the great mysteries of my subconscious.

FdL
2007-07-06, 03:59 PM
You know, I never saw the point about tattoos. I don't like them, that's a personal taste. But the idea of having a permanent drawing in your skin sounds really bad at any rate.

Besides, I know it has a meaning for many people who do them, a deep significance in the choice of the artwork and what represents for them. But most people only get them for looks, to be "hip", and I think that's really frivolous.

In this particular case, as in most tattoos of that size, my initial reaction is to think "OMG, look what that guy did to his body :S He ruined his body, he stained it permanently."...
I don't know, it's plain crazy to me, I try to put myself in the mindset of whoever thinks to completely cover such a large part of his body with a permament drawing that, oh yeah! is done with a (varyingly) painful process that involves needles and lots of time....and I get nothing...Dunno, to me "it's really cool" doesn't cut it.

And the actual icing on the cake of all this is...

SUPER MARIO????? You actually got yourself tatooed with Super Mario Bros video game characters??? :sigh:

I'm speechless, but it would be something along the lines of "get a life".

Mr. Moon
2007-07-06, 08:06 PM
Cool... I have a tatt I've been wanting for a while, although ever since Mom made me wash the sharpie off my skin, the urge has died. I drew it so I'd remember what it looked like, and scanned it up onto Photobucket.

*three minutes later*

And here it is:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r286/Moon_Called/Tatoopalmup.jpg

And the back:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r286/Moon_Called/Tatoopalmdown.jpg

And yes, my hand actualy does look like that. I'm missing a muscel(mussel?) in my right thumb. :P

Edit: @^ Maybe he just has a high threshhold for pain. I'm a little jellious, myself. How I see it: I'm an artist, why should paper be my only way to express myself?

Tom_Violence
2007-07-06, 08:35 PM
You know, I never saw the point about tattoos. I don't like them, that's a personal taste. But the idea of having a permanent drawing in your skin sounds really bad at any rate.

Besides, I know it has a meaning for many people who do them, a deep significance in the choice of the artwork and what represents for them. But most people only get them for looks, to be "hip", and I think that's really frivolous.

In this particular case, as in most tattoos of that size, my initial reaction is to think "OMG, look what that guy did to his body :S He ruined his body, he stained it permanently."...
I don't know, it's plain crazy to me, I try to put myself in the mindset of whoever thinks to completely cover such a large part of his body with a permament drawing that, oh yeah! is done with a (varyingly) painful process that involves needles and lots of time....and I get nothing...Dunno, to me "it's really cool" doesn't cut it.

And the actual icing on the cake of all this is...

SUPER MARIO????? You actually got yourself tatooed with Super Mario Bros video game characters??? :sigh:

I'm speechless, but it would be something along the lines of "get a life".

I disagree with pretty much everything you said apart from the last line.

Impressive, yes. Awesome? I'd say not.

LurkerinthePlaygnd
2007-07-06, 09:49 PM
@Moon Called

I have a friend that has a tat on the back of his hand of the inside of his hand. It looks as if the skin has been rolled back to reveal the innards: bone, muscle, tendons and blood vessels. It's quite realistic looking at a distance. He said it was the most painful of his many tattoos.

Em Blackleaf
2007-07-06, 10:04 PM
I normally don't like the idea of tattoos, but, that tattoo is just rad!

FdL
2007-07-06, 10:48 PM
I disagree with pretty much everything you said apart from the last line.

Impressive, yes. Awesome? I'd say not.

Cool. Goes to show the world is a big enough place for everyone.

And I respect you from having a different opinion than I do.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-07-06, 10:54 PM
:smallconfused:

Now that, my friends, is what we call a serious gamer...

Delaney Gale
2007-07-06, 11:02 PM
I'd personally never get a full back tattoo for several reasons- money, conservative family, ability to cover, sporadic needlephobia... Just consider. Even if you wouldn't get a tatt, even if you think this is silly and might be regretted later on, you've got to admit it's a work of art. The tattooed clearly chose a very good artist, and given the limitations of the medium, I'm impressed. :smallwink:

Setra
2007-07-07, 04:07 AM
That's... I dunno how to describe it.

If I ever get a tattoo, it won't be that big. It'll be like an awesome looking dragon on my arm.

Hazkali
2007-07-08, 04:35 AM
That is just garish. I'm not a big tattoo fan at the best of times, but to have that on my back would just be a nightmare.

I think the best tattoo I've seen was someone who had Hebrew wrtiting in a sleeve on his arm, as a testament to his Jewish faith. In fact, the more I think about it the more it was a playgrounder...

Breaon
2007-07-08, 04:44 AM
I have a friend who has a tat of a tree going from her shoulder down part of her arm, with a bunch of binary numbers on each branch.

What does the binary spell out when translated? "Hello, World"

BourgeoisReader
2007-07-18, 11:23 PM
Maybe I'm just punch drunk because I haev insomnia tonight, but I just found the coolest tattoo I have ever seen.

http://www.bmeink.com/A70618/high/bmepb540893.jpg
Whoever you are, you're my hero. My whole life will be a success I ever get to be half as geeky as you.

cookie to whoever gets the wanna-be meme :smallwink:

That totally kicks the ass of the singular triforce tattoo I saw. That was 'nifty', this is insanely cool!

North
2007-07-18, 11:33 PM
WOW :o

Anyone else curious about where peaches hand is? :smalltongue:

But yeah that the outline alone would probably take a couple sessions. And the coloring yeah wow.

That ones multiple sessions over several months.

When I got my outline on my back done 4hrs. I had to wait a couple months to heal before we did the coloring of it. Another 5-6 hrs.

And whats on his right arm (our left) Almost thought it was samus...

crazedloon
2007-07-18, 11:46 PM
I have a friend who has a tat of a tree going from her shoulder down part of her arm, with a bunch of binary numbers on each branch.

What does the binary spell out when translated? "Hello, World"

Now that I think is soooo much cooler then this tat (then again I am a robotics programmer so.......) any chance of a picture of that?

Last_resort_33
2007-07-19, 12:39 AM
If you ever think of getting a tatoo, first think of what it'll look like when your 70.

There are plenty of 70 year olds who wish they had done more crazy things when they were young enough to do so. Conversely, there are plenty of 70 year olds with big ass tattoos who are glad that they have something to show about themselves...

wrinkled tattoos don't look so bad, in fact they look great in an "I did it before you ya young whippersnapper" sort of way

Another point, who are you that you are so sure that you would dissaprove of the person you are now. If that is the case, then you certianly need to re-evaluate your current self.

4 reasons to not do it all at once:
Pain - it takes a lot of endurance to take that much pain for that long
Shock - after a certian point, even if you can mentally take it, your body will start to go into shock
Time - that is the result of several day's work. You have to find the time to get it done
Money - that's a big job, it'll take a lot of the tattooist's time and therefore, by the time it's finished, probably cost about £1500.

As for the "it's only super mario" commnets, I'd like to wake you up and realise that the sum total of a single human's experiance is surprisingly limited. If computer games are what you enjoy, then go for it. If you're going to spend thousands of hours of your life doing something that you enjoy, why not get a tattoo to celebrate that?

I am planning to have something of that size in a Fantasy RPG kind of way. Paladin/Wizard/Dragon/Rogue/Huge D20, I don't know sxactly YET. P&P RPGs are a big part of my life, and if I am going to be the sort of person who thinks that that silly at the age of 70, then I don't like that person and I want to piss him off as much as possible.

Mattarias, King.
2007-07-19, 01:15 AM
P&P RPGs are a big part of my life, and if I am going to be the sort of person who thinks that that silly at the age of 70, then I don't like that person and I want to piss him off as much as possible.

You, sir, are the man. :smallcool: I must say, that is the coolest thing I have heard in as long, long time.

On the subject of tatoos: That is one SICK bit of mario inkage.
Personally, I wouldn't get a full-blown back one, but I want to get the Crest of my novel's main character tattooed on the back of my right hand. That would rock.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-19, 12:04 PM
@Moon Called

I have a friend that has a tat on the back of his hand of the inside of his hand. It looks as if the skin has been rolled back to reveal the innards: bone, muscle, tendons and blood vessels. It's quite realistic looking at a distance. He said it was the most painful of his many tattoos.

... Really? *looks at hand* Well, I'll just have to reconsider my tatoo plan. I've still got years to go before I live on my own, and Mom says if I get one while I live with her, she'll carve it out herself. I don't beleive her, but still, she's amazed me before... o.o

Telonius
2007-07-19, 12:35 PM
There's only a couple things I would ever be willing to put as a tattoo, that I know for certain that are emblematic of me. One is a runic "s;" the other, a symbol in the book I'm writing. (Sword and arrow in a cross, with a heart being pierced by both as they cross). But good for the Mario dude, it looks like it'll be incredible when it's finished.

mudbunny
2007-07-19, 01:12 PM
And whats on his right arm (our left) Almost thought it was samus...

He is looking the same direction as us. The right arm, as we see it, is his right arm.

SilverClawShift
2007-07-19, 01:22 PM
"If you ever think of getting a tatoo, first think of what it'll look like when your 70."

Cause 70 year olds are notorious for having beautiful skin.

Longshanks
2007-07-19, 02:15 PM
A friend of mine has the Thundercats logo tattooed on his shoulder. Of course, he is an Uber-Nerd, made from the parts of four or five lesser nerds.

LCR
2007-07-19, 02:29 PM
There's only a couple things I would ever be willing to put as a tattoo, that I know for certain that are emblematic of me. One is a runic "s;" the other, a symbol in the book I'm writing. (Sword and arrow in a cross, with a heart being pierced by both as they cross). But good for the Mario dude, it looks like it'll be incredible when it's finished.

Runic S? Don't do that ... it's a bad, bad idea.

Aramil Liadon
2007-07-19, 10:08 PM
Why so? Heh... "I want to piss him off as much as possible"... Made of win.

nephtis
2007-07-20, 01:46 AM
Because a double runic s was the symbol of the SS (Schutzstaffel) a Nazi unit that was (in)famous for being the ones who ran the security and intelligence service, plus the secret police, putting them above the law. They were also responsible for establishing and operating the concentration / extermination camps.

Believe me a runic 's' is the wrong kind of symbol to get no matter what personal meaning it has to you, you'll give a totally different sing to the broad public!

Hell Puppi
2007-07-20, 01:48 AM
Man Nazis ruin everything

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-20, 02:24 AM
Thank you, LR33. You conveyed a sentiment I was finding difficult to put into words.

Frankly, I was afraid to even look at this thread because I'm sick of people either saying or implying that I am some kind of idiot because I chose to get inked, and would do it again. "It's not for me <period, end of statement>" would be enough. We (with tattoos) don't go around calling people cowards or wussies for choosing not to have it done.

You don't have to approve, but you don't have to belittle either.

(In fairness, this thread has been far better about it than the last tattoo conversation I saw around here and it is appreciated. It's just something that's been bugging me lately.)

North
2007-07-20, 02:30 AM
And for the whole how will this look if your seventy deal. Yeah I doubt Ill ever that old. Ill be glad if i see 50.

But yeah do not ever get your sweethearts name. Bad bad bad idea.

Hell Puppi
2007-07-20, 02:33 AM
Yeah name tattoos/ matching tattoos always seem to put a curse on any relationship.

And I am glad about the argument FOR tattooing. I haven't been to a single board with a tattoo discussion without someone doing the parental 'think of what you'll look like when your older!'.

It's a little late now, anyway, isn't it?:smallwink:

Serpentine
2007-07-20, 02:39 AM
I'd like to see someone with a tat based on Giger's works... that'd look so trippy.
I still like my friend's mum's transformation of "Ricky Woman" into "TRicky Woman".

Anyone mind if I post one I found? Cuz this is beautiful:
http://www.tattoosymbol.com/gallery/terisa-big.jpg

BrokenButterfly
2007-07-20, 07:18 PM
I love looking at cool tattoos, and Serpentine's picture looks fantastic. Dragon tattoos can look stunning, as long as they don't fall into the cliche category of tatt.

Game tattoos are rare to see (and much appreciated by myself), but I'm not a huge Mario fan, so I don't like the original post pic soo much...The coolest inked gamer that I've ever seen was this guy who had among other things a Wind Waker style Phantom Ganon on one arm and Nightmare's Soul Edge on the other. Oh yes, and one of a Resident Evil GC zombie on his back (or somewhere).

Myself: I'd think about a tattoo in a decade or so, and try and decide what is dear enough to me that I'd want it on my body permanently. If there's nothing, then I simply won't get anything done. I think that when I'm ready and I know what I want, I'll book an appointment then and there. I'm torn really, back-plates like this can look phenomenal, but you're never really going to see the finished product. If I've paid 1500 pounds for a tatt, I'd like to see it outside of a mirror for once.

Cyrano
2007-07-20, 07:55 PM
http://granitegrok.com/pix/Head_lawnmower_tattoo.jpg
I want it. In, like, 50 years.

zeratul
2007-07-20, 07:58 PM
On a more serious note, if you have one of those full back tatts, do not flash it when in Japan. No kidding that could end badly.

Cyrano
2007-07-20, 07:59 PM
If you have one of those big black tatts, don't flash it ANYWHERE in ANYWHERE. It's a bad idea, because chances are, unless you're more attractive than God himself and your tattoo is amazingly beautiful, you will be laughed at by everyone except tattoo enthusiasts. Which are less than 50% of the pop.

zeratul
2007-07-20, 08:05 PM
Well in Japan, you could be confused with a Yakuza member. That's the problem I meant. If you're missing any fingers that wouldn't help you either.

Cyrano
2007-07-20, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I got that. But the point is it's still bad form to go shirtless in the middle of the city (Unless, for some reason, you're in a park.)

Ceres
2007-07-20, 08:18 PM
I'd like to see someone with a tat based on Giger's works... that'd look so trippy.

Here's one:
http://tattoo.about.com/library/graphics/ryangigerli2.jpg

Not the best choice, though. He's made a lot of other things that would fit better as tattoos. He's competing with Escher as my favourite painter at the moment, but his use of phallic symbols and sick babies can be a tad unsettling.

Cyrano
2007-07-20, 08:21 PM
But....Giger.....
He made Alien....

Vuzzmop
2007-07-20, 08:23 PM
If I ever get a tattoo, it would be of that painting, I think it's called.....crazy stairs? Nothing cartoony, I would'nt turn my body into a joke like lawnmower guy or anything. My best mate is getting a tattoo soon, and when I asked him what he wanted, he didn't know. I could never go into anything that permanent with reckless abandon, and would need to seriously think about it.

AtomicKitKat
2007-07-20, 09:05 PM
Just to be clear, I doubt that's Zelda on his back. More likely Princess Peach/Toadstool.

Personally, I wouldn't get a full-blown back one, but I want to get the Crest of my novel's main character tattooed on the back of my right hand. That would rock.

You should get "Explosive Runes" tattooed somewhere. Possibly somewhere prominent.:smallbiggrin:

Zeful
2007-07-20, 10:19 PM
My favorite tatto was the Dragon Shilloette from Reign of Fire. You know Matthew McConaughey's character, Denton Van Zan. It emphasized the man's character and viciousness.

I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo, I can never think of anything that fits with my character enough to want on me permanently. I think they're cool, but I'm on the fence if I want one myself.

Mattarias, King.
2007-07-23, 01:13 AM
You should get "Explosive Runes" tattooed somewhere. Possibly somewhere prominent.:smallbiggrin:

XD maybe. You're not familiar with my character's Crest, are you? :smallconfused: