PDA

View Full Version : Computer Any immersive medieval fantasy RPG recommendations?

PunkManiak
2016-06-14, 07:29 PM
I've recently been playing Fable: The Lost Chapters again, and the real-time combat system is awesome, I also enjoyed the alignment system, but more than anything the world, for it's time, was rather immersive, and the depth for character customization was fun. For real time combat RPGs however I prefer Dark Souls. However the two big things I'm looking for are immersive worlds, immersive stories, and possibly alignment systems. Can anyone recommend any really good RPGs of this sort. I've played the Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Dark Souls, and Fable. I'm currently looking into The Witcher series. Anyone got any recommendations for me? Preferably fantasy games if you have them.

Psyren
2016-06-16, 08:30 AM
In your other thread a number of folks recommended the big PC D&D trinity that preceded Dragon Age (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights.) I also saw a number of recommendations (including my own :smalltongue: ) for Pillars of Eternity, so I'd recommend that too.

thorgrim29
2016-06-16, 08:51 AM
Witcher 2 is a pretty good game, but 3 is just by far the best RPG I've played in many a year, possibly ever.

Brother Oni
2016-06-17, 06:32 AM
If you don't mind branching out into non-European mythology, try Jade Empire.

I've heard good things about the Gothic series, but I haven't played them myself.