PDA

View Full Version : Stick in the Mud

BiblioRook
2016-06-15, 03:09 AM
So one of my favorite comics of late, Stick in the Mud, I imagine to still be pretty obscure but I think is well worth the attention.

Basically guy gets blackout drunk after being broken up with his girlfriend and wakes up with the ownership of a bar. On the plus side he always wanted to run a bar, downside the bar just happens to more of less sit directly on the gateway to the underworld. Fortunately for him it turns out denizens of the underworld want the same as any normal bar patron, a convenient place to get drunk.

smuchmuch
2016-06-15, 03:47 AM
(If I may, if you want to promote a comic, may i recomend you put a link to it in your opening post rather than mking people google it ?)
Anyway for people who are curious:Stick In The Mud (link to first page)

edit: Oh, good point. Apologies.

The concept and premices a little weird but pretty amusng.There's something that doesn't really work aout the character for me somtime, tho. Dunno mabe just how quickly accepting of the whole situation they are.

The art is pretty nice.

BiblioRook
2016-06-15, 03:53 AM
I did have a link in the post at first but then rereading it a bit I was reminded it was a bit NSFW with some minor nudity (especially, oddly enough, towards the beginning) and took it out to double check with a Mod to makes sure things were still alright...

The concept and premices a little weird but pretty amusng.There's something that doesn't really work aout the character for me somtime, tho. Dunno mabe just how quickly accepting of the whole situation they are.

Part of the humor, for me at least, is how aware the main character (Rod) is of the weirdness of the situation but tries to make the best of it as compared how blissfully indifferent his friends are. To be fair not counting the denizens and a local secret society bent on destroying them it's only his sister and his hippy friend who really know the full reality of the bar's situation, and his friend is usually pretty high and his sister is down right insane.

Man though, rereading it I can't help reflect on just how adorable Blueberry (the Man in the Hat) is as a character. Not something easily said for an eldritch abomination. And then there's the cat...