PDA

View Full Version : Grappling with freedom of movement.

Renen
2016-06-15, 03:13 AM
I see many threads that talk about how freedom of movement is a big middle finger to grappling, and how having it makes you immune to being grappled. But I wonder...
What's the rule on YOU grappling someone while you are under freedom of movement?
Can you?
Do you suffer grapple penalties?
Do you suffer pin penalties if you pin someone? (afaik in some instances monsters can pin you but suffer a penalty to their otherwise abnormally high grapple check)
Can you now move around dragging your opponent by the leg like they are Vinnie the Pooh?

Crake
2016-06-15, 06:25 AM
I see many threads that talk about how freedom of movement is a big middle finger to grappling, and how having it makes you immune to being grappled. But I wonder...
What's the rule on YOU grappling someone while you are under freedom of movement?
Can you?
Do you suffer grapple penalties?
Do you suffer pin penalties if you pin someone? (afaik in some instances monsters can pin you but suffer a penalty to their otherwise abnormally high grapple check)
Can you now move around dragging your opponent by the leg like they are Vinnie the Pooh?

Freedom of movement does not affect grappling in any way beyond allowing the target to automatically succeed any grapple check made to avoid a grapple, or to escape a grapple. That is it. The actions required to escape a grapple do not change, nor does it affect characters attempting to grapple others.